NATION

PASSWORD

Newer same ask matches the higher bid, is this intended?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Newer same ask matches the higher bid, is this intended?

Postby Bedetopia » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:59 pm

I obtained a card and saw that it had a really high bid for a common, so I checked out its page.

It had two bids: 3.31 and 0.01. Someone had already submitted an ask of 0.01.

If I understand the trading rules correctly, the oldest ask takes priority, so I thought I missed my chance to get a lot of money from a common, but I still put up an ask of 0.01 to match the other bid since I may as well sell cards for the junk price instead of deleting them from the economy.

While the countdown was going on it looked like this:

ASKMATCHBID
0.010.01[0.01]
(me)[0.01]1.663.31

So since both my 0.01 ask and the 0.01 bid were in rectangles, I thought that's what it was matched to. However, my ask was also in the second row paired with the high bid. In the end, I got 1.66.

After rereading the rules, I realized that higher asks get paired with higher bids, so if I had asked for 3.31 I would've gained the full amount. Still, how come that the newer ask is considered a higher ask even though both are the minimal 0.01? That seems weird, shouldn't the older ask get paired with the higher bid in this scenario?
Last edited by Bedetopia on Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:20 pm

Newer asks are high and newer bids are low so that the older bids and asks will match first.

Or at least that is what I have always assumed.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:42 pm

honestly.

I did not knew it work

I always knew newer bids always beaten older bid, but a newer ask of the same value goes...
it might be because ask are coded as a race to zero. so in a way, the older ask beat your new 0.01 ask, and match the lowest bid.
but if a third came with a 0.01, he would not match anything at all.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Return to Trading Cards