NATION

PASSWORD

Idea: What if we based International Artwork scores on bank?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Porflox
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 24, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Idea: What if we based International Artwork scores on bank?

Postby Porflox » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 am

The current International Artwork (IA) badge is one of the (if not the) biggest way of measuring cards success. It's currently based on the congregate market value (MV) of a nation's card collection. By doing this, the stat encourages nations to hoard cards that have little resale value but high MV in their collections. However, because of cards inflation, most of these cards have resale values that are mere fractions of the "Estimated Market Value", thus making the MV a poor measure of a card's true value. This also is highly unrealistic, as no one in a real economy would care about an "estimated value" if it had minimal effect how much they'd actually get out of it. These cards also serve as a bank hole for new players who hold the notion that an "estimated market value" actually represents how the market values a card, and thus its eventual resale value.

Instead, we can base IA off of a nation's available bank. By forcing nations to liquidate cards to increase the stat, it'll discourage overly inflated "Market Values", and move players towards trading cards that have higher re-sale value, more in line with a real-world economy. This will be able reduce the effectiveness of over-inflation, and bring the MV of cards to more realistic values that actually represent a card's value.
All views are my own unless otherwise stated

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:07 pm

How does Bank measure the amount of 'international artwork' a nation has?

Bank has no artwork, international or otherwise. So it wouldn't really be fitting to base the international artwork stat off of bank.

There's also the fact that card inflation was happening before the International Artwork stat was implemented; and changing the stat won't stop the inflation. People who inflate cards do so not because they want to have the badge (though that may be a part of it) but because they want to have the most valuable deck (which is also measured in the card market), because they think inflation is fun, or because they already have massive stacks of bank and nothing to do with them. I think Mikeswill is sitting on somewhere around 4k bank on his main nation (but I'm not bothered enough to actually look it up).

If anything, there should be a separate badge that measures buying power; but I don't see that happening, and I'm not entirely sure I would support it if it did.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:55 pm

no. it just benefit big farma...
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:52 pm

I really want to like it, but it encourages having zero cards in your deck, so full no.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Ioavollr
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2006
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ioavollr » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:22 am

Fauzjhia wrote:no. it just benefit big farma...

This is the obvious pitfall. Very few top tier players generate significant portions of their bank through hedging or trades, which means measuring available bank is basically just measuring how many card puppets someone has.

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:31 pm

bruh no
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Floyssauu
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 31, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Floyssauu » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:29 am

this feels more like selling than collecting

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards