NATION

PASSWORD

Proposal: NSCS/Abolish Card Auction System

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Doge Land
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Doge Land » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 am

Why are we still on this thread. I'm pretty sure half of the playerbase on NS has decided this is a bad idea. Anyways, I'm going to scream into the void again.

You have 16 DV. I assume the only reason this is being proposed is because you aren't willing to put in the effort to increase your deck value and instead want to be able to junk all your cards and buy legendaries. Actually, why do we even have rarities with this anyways? The point of rarities is to increase junk value, market value, and decrease the amount of that card in circulation, but if there's an infinite amount of every card, why would anyone draw cards, anyways? Maybe for the junk value, but that's it. There's no more challenge. I'm surprised this isn't just "Abolish Trading Cards" since this is obviously your end goal. What would you do if this passed? You'd probably buy a few legendaries and then get bored.

TL;DR It looks like you don't want to put in the work, so you want to ruin the game for everyone else.

LucaBrasi wrote:
One Small Island wrote:Can we please stop coming up with "solutions" which aim to punish players for playing the game? Because literally at this point that's all you're trying to do, is punish people who play the game more than you. It's sad, it's time to stop targeting the players.

Also

This is wrong.

Meet Stench the 100th ranked player. Stench has 115 cards, and a deck value of 15,272.41. The nation you're talking about; which I'm willing to guess is Nation of urie is 100th place in The Rejected Realms, the region that you're in, but they're 3,650th in the world.

A little bit different than where you're placing them.

Not to bust your balls bro, but replacing the new paesano with the original, strengthens the OPs case further. The replacement moke has fewer cards and benefited more from auction gizmo inflation value than the prior guy. The whole system is a rigged pile of gabagool.

These cards are like NFTs. Instead of pretending we buy these electronic thingamajigs, how's about realizing we only lease them from the big boss of NationStates, the real true owner, Mr. Max Barry. We work off our debt to Mr. Barry by paying for Post Master General, laboring for Bank by clicking on ad links on the website, and earn commission by promoting his books on social media. No more card farming or auction blocks. Put in real work and pay the big boss directly by earning actual revenue in exchange for the cards. Remember, only the big man ever truly owns them. If you underperform, get fired, or get whacked by a player from another crew, the cards expire and go back into the community pot. You move up the ranks by paying your dues, building a book, and maybe one day you can even make Capo that's if you don't get clipped. Pawns get taken out early, and the King always stays the King.

Wh- what???????? I can't tell if this is a joke or not. This reminds me of the proposal to randomly have a chance to get cards when you go around the site, which wasn't a bad idea, but you just made it a bad idea. So, instead of playing cards normally using bank that is contained to the trading cards game, I have to CLICK ON ADS to get bank. Somehow this is worse than the idea in the OP.
this is a signature

Previous

Return to Trading Cards