NATION

PASSWORD

Reduce Gifting Fee for Cards from 100% to 20%

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Vylixan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 131
Founded: Mar 19, 2006
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Vylixan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:25 am

Coffin-Breathe wrote:
Vylixan wrote:You assume people junk every card but legendaries. I find that a very limiting view.

everyone has to junk (as meant by "the rules").


I don't.
That is because I collect a lot of different types of cards and thus I only junk cards I know I don't collect. And for some types of cards I like to collect duplicates as well that I can then gift to friends or region mates, or use to trade for other cards.

When I open packs I only junk:
- Cards with default flags that are not in one of the region that I or one of my friends collect are junked.
- Non-default flag cards I know I and nobody else collects.
- And both only if they do not have any JV or higher bids, inflated cards get transferred to catch MV sharks, or get gifted to friends to get them a gold badge.

And when I process farms I then check if all the cards I have left on my farms are already in one of my collections, or one of my friends collections.
This also means I have a huge backlog of cards that need to be transferred and/or checked. And thus a lot of potential bank.

But I rarely farm these days since I have to process a 29k backlog of cards that need to be either junked or transferred to one of my gazillion collections. Opening packs would only increase my backlog.

This is how I ended up with 25k cards in my collections as well, an estimated 70%-90% of those come from my farms.

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2166
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:22 am

Vylixan wrote:
Coffin-Breathe wrote:everyone has to junk (as meant by "the rules").

I don't.
That is because I collect a lot of different types of cards and thus I only junk cards I know I don't collect. And for some types of cards I like to collect duplicates as well that I can then gift to friends or region mates, or use to trade for other cards.

But of course you do. I never said, I assume, everybody junks (almost all) cards solely for creating bank (while many players do so). The "rules/instructions" originally say (were meant in this way), when "deck capacity" is full, the player/nation has to decide, which cards to keep and which cards to junk (to create bank for deck expansion).
And since the only source for "bank money" to come into existence is by junking cards (also money gained through transactions on the market has to be created first by someone), basically "everyone has to junk cards" at some point (or stay with a deck capacity of 50/100 cards for said nation).
The only contradiction to this simple mechanism is the loophole of "overstocking" a nation, which, if closed, would make this "system" work again, so my guess.

User avatar
Ioavollr
Attaché
 
Posts: 66
Founded: Aug 18, 2006
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ioavollr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:23 am

I am unsure how to feel about this; my gut was that this is a bad idea. Then I remembered that I am in the top 20 and noticed that basically every nation I recognized from my top 100 list is against this idea and most small nations I don't know seem to be for it. I'm guessing by that alone that it is probably a change that would have an outsized positive effect for smaller traders.

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2166
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:01 am

Ioavollr wrote: my gut was that this is a bad idea. Then I remembered that I am in the top 20 and noticed that basically every nation I recognized from my top 100 list is against this idea and most small nations I don't know seem to be for it.

Funny - where do you get your data from ? When rereading this thread, there are not many posts from "small nations", especially not ones advocating "pro reduction", and none of the three found seems to be a "not farming" nation.
I know, that repetitions are bad style, but nevertheless : "small" or "single" nations don´t farm (big) or gift (much), and therefore are mostly not interested in this proposition. It mainly concerns "the top hundred" and other "big farmers", and, as you stated, also many of them argue against (because this would further destabilize the game as well as result in more "unfair" advantage for "farmers").

User avatar
Giraffeton
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 55
Founded: Oct 20, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Giraffeton » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:13 pm

My personal opinion is that is will cause greater competition at the top (or near the top) at the cost of far greater abuse of card farmers (mainly smaller ones due to them less likely being overstocked).
Contrary to the belief of Coffin-Breathe, I am not a puppet. But instead a puppet master.

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2166
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:46 am

Giraffeton wrote:My personal opinion is that is will cause greater competition at the top (or near the top) at the cost of far greater abuse of card farmers (mainly smaller ones due to them less likely being overstocked).

???
Sorry, I don´t get your point; what you´re trying to express ?

Previous

Return to Trading Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: StrayaRoos

Advertisement

Remove ads