NATION

PASSWORD

We totally need more cards.

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:06 am

There is already a good suggestion to remove the need for puppets rather than banning them. Change pack generation from answering issues to answering best nation choices.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:16 am

Flanderlion wrote:There is already a good suggestion to remove the need for puppets rather than banning them. Change pack generation from answering issues to answering best nation choices.

actually. this is an horrible suggestion, that MIGHT worsen the puppets problem. since nations would need to answer issues to get cards, they could easily gain the max number of pack before they could do with the current system.

Also saying we don't want to have to gain our pack by choosing between womble 3023 and womble 6534

Parhe wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:
I get understans your idea of limiting the number of puppets per players.
its has been in my mind too. I just wonder what could we do to prevent a player from having more then 1000 nations, if we say 1000 nation is the hard limit.

Now, this, I am against.

the idea to limit puppet might be quite possible in your eyes, but HOW do we enforce it ?

I'll admit I got 249+131 +200 puppets. so 580 puppets in all. and I can tell you that I am small compared to other farmers who got more puppets then me, so where do you place the limit of puppet

The, once you placed a limit of puppet, on let's say 600 nations. for the shake of it. how are you going to enforce that limit ?
are we going to require everyone to register all their puppets, then play improvised detectives and DEAT suspected unreported puppets. And how we going to identify those puppets ? by IP. Like frisbeeteria said, IP is not personal address.

also saying that could be seen as unfair, as multiple players where able to play with more then 1000 puppets for all season 1, and a big part of season 2...

EDIT : an easy suggestion, is to allow card farmers to have the choice to not generate cards for their (puppet nations on a voluntary basis) I dunno, a case on setting or nation creation that say, No card, this nation will not have a trading card.

Another idea might to prevent nation with default flag to generate a puppet, (in which case, those who want will move to a fake default flag. but that's fine)
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:23 am

Fauzjhia wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:There is already a good suggestion to remove the need for puppets rather than banning them. Change pack generation from answering issues to answering best nation choices.

actually. this is an horrible suggestion, that MIGHT worsen the puppets problem. since nations would need to answer issues to get cards, they could easily gain the max number of pack before they could do with the current system.

Also saying we don,t have to gain our pack by choosing between womble 3023 and womble 6534

The only limit to packs would be players clicks. The more seasons there are, the less packs need to be limited.

Also the Best Nation system is self correcting, so less picked options appear less frequently.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:29 am

Flanderlion wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:

Also saying we don,t have to gain our pack by choosing between womble 3023 and womble 6534

The only limit to packs would be players clicks. The more seasons there are, the less packs need to be limited.

Also the Best Nation system is self correcting, so less picked options appear less frequently.

you forgot its way more easy for players to play that game then answering issues.
having new script for that might be even easier then you think it is.

anything that is can generate more then 9 pack in 2 days is wrong, and your suggestion might just do that.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.

Roadkill-Cafe
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Roadkill-Cafe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:32 am

I second this as a horrible idea. Same reasons as Fauz.

Fauzjhia wrote:
the idea to limit puppet might be quite possible in your eyes, but HOW do we enforce it ?

I'll admit I got 249+131 +200 puppets. so 580 puppets in all. and I can tell you that I am small compared to other farmers who got more puppets then me, so where do you place the limit of puppet

The, once you placed a limit of puppet, on let's say 600 nations. for the shake of it. how are you going to enforce that limit ?
are we going to require everyone to register all their puppets, then play improvised detectives and DEAT suspected unreported puppets. And how we going to identify those puppets ? by IP. Like frisbeeteria said, IP is not personal address.

also saying that could be seen as unfair, as multiple players where able to play with more then 1000 puppets for all season 1, and a big part of season 2...

EDIT : an easy suggestion, is to allow card farmers to have the choice to not generate cards for their (puppet nations on a voluntary basis) I dunno, a case on setting or nation creation that say, No card, this nation will not have a trading card.

Another idea might to prevent nation with default flag to generate a puppet, (in which case, those who want will move to a fake default flag. but that's fine)

I feel limiting the number of card drawing puppets via the no cards button (every account has a limit) will deter creation of more card farms and cause a majority of them to CTE. The vast majority of players won't keep a card farm going that's dried up. There are some older "region farms" out there but were here already when the card game began and much fewer in number than card farms.
Last edited by Roadkill-Cafe on Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:43 am

Fauzjhia wrote:

Roadkill-Cafe wrote:I feel limiting the number of card drawing puppets via the no cards button (every account has a limit) will deter creation of more card farms and cause a majority of them to CTE. The vast majority of players won't keep a card farm going that's dried up. There are some older "region farms" out there but were here already when the card game began and much fewer in number than card farms.

you understand it wrong. the button is not to prevent the nation from FARMING card, but from putting an additional puppet card that you will not collect on the market. I know perfectly I will not collect world of colors or dragonia season 3 cards.
there is already a button that let nations ignore trading cards. I suggest a button to avoid being represented on a card.
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

We totally need more cards.

Postby Parhe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:48 am

That would be a great first step, but how many people would really use said button? Especially people with hundreds or thousands of puppets, most of which share the same flag, will they manually go in to each account to click a button? I honestly doubt many will, meaning the issue will continue. Sure, a script could be made to do it, but even then, will many people bother to do it? They might. . .but, also, how would this effect the rarity of cards? A lot of rarity has to do with badges and, from what I was told, the total number of active accounts is divided into each rarity group by percentage. If I had thousands of puppets and I knew that removing them from the card pool would mean less legendary or epic cards, then I would not remove them since it might lower the rarity of a specific card, perhaps my own.

There are way too many wasteful puppets in this game that exist solely to farm cards. Nothing but bloat for the game and filler for card packs.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

Roadkill-Cafe
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Roadkill-Cafe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:59 pm

Parhe wrote:That would be a great first step, but how many people would really use said button? Especially people with hundreds or thousands of puppets, most of which share the same flag, will they manually go in to each account to click a button? I honestly doubt many will, meaning the issue will continue. Sure, a script could be made to do it, but even then, will many people bother to do it? They might. . .but, also, how would this effect the rarity of cards? A lot of rarity has to do with badges and, from what I was told, the total number of active accounts is divided into each rarity group by percentage. If I had thousands of puppets and I knew that removing them from the card pool would mean less legendary or epic cards, then I would not remove them since it might lower the rarity of a specific card, perhaps my own.

There are way too many wasteful puppets in this game that exist solely to farm cards. Nothing but bloat for the game and filler for card packs.

The system could have the buttons at a default setting of "no cards." Each player's account would only be allowed to activate a certain number of nations for card drawing function. What ever that maximum number of card drawing nations is, it will be the same for all players. Each player will choose which of their puppets (if any) are to be activated for drawing cards. All the players other puppets (if any) will not draw cards. If a player's other puppet nations are in existence solely to draw cards, they will most likely become CTEs. A plan like this is most effective if it's put in place a few months before S3 begins. In effect, clearing out the deadwood first.
Last edited by Roadkill-Cafe on Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:31 pm

Roadkill-Cafe wrote:
Parhe wrote:That would be a great first step, but how many people would really use said button? Especially people with hundreds or thousands of puppets, most of which share the same flag, will they manually go in to each account to click a button? I honestly doubt many will, meaning the issue will continue. Sure, a script could be made to do it, but even then, will many people bother to do it? They might. . .but, also, how would this effect the rarity of cards? A lot of rarity has to do with badges and, from what I was told, the total number of active accounts is divided into each rarity group by percentage. If I had thousands of puppets and I knew that removing them from the card pool would mean less legendary or epic cards, then I would not remove them since it might lower the rarity of a specific card, perhaps my own.

The system could have the buttons at a default setting of "no cards." Each player's account would only be allowed to activate a certain number of nations for card drawing function. What ever that maximum number of card drawing nations is, it will be the same for all players. Each player will choose which of their puppets are to be activated for drawing cards. All the other puppets will not draw cards. If a player's other puppet nations are in existence solely to draw cards, they will most likely become CTEs. A plan like this is most effective if it's put in place a few months before S3 begins. Clearing out the deadwood first.

it seem your mind is solely focus on killing the puppets.
but where do you draw the line, what is the limit of puppets.
how do you enforce it ?

if the limit of puppet is 500, how will you stop a puppet from drawing cards on 505
if you can't answer that question, you can forget your idea.

check on email ? a email can,t linked to more then 500 cards drawing nations, players will just create another e-mail...
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roadkill-Cafe
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Roadkill-Cafe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:41 pm

Fauzjhia wrote:
Roadkill-Cafe wrote:The system could have the buttons at a default setting of "no cards." Each player's account would only be allowed to activate a certain number of nations for card drawing function. What ever that maximum number of card drawing nations is, it will be the same for all players. Each player will choose which of their puppets (if any) are to be activated for drawing cards. All the players other puppets (if any) will not draw cards. If a player's other puppet nations are in existence solely to draw cards, they will most likely become CTEs. A plan like this is most effective if it's put in place a few months before S3 begins. In effect, clearing out the deadwood first.

how do you enforce it ?

if the limit of puppet is 500, how will you stop a puppet from drawing cards on 505

Calm down. This isn't worth getting upset about or being rude.

The button already exists. The Admins should determine the number of puppets allowable for card drawing. Only they know the sites approximate capacity.
The technical part is putting a governor on all the buttons on each players account which counts the number of puppets with the card drawing button on. If it reaches the limit, then it's automatically triggered to disable itself.

EDIT: The other part of my idea which you have ignored concerns deck capacity. Every puppet out there gets 50 cards of deck space free of charge. However, players should be allowed the same amount of free deck space across the board. The ability for cards bought at auction to enter "at capacity decks" must also be addressed. Five of the top ten nations in DV are WAY over their deck capacity. This is isn't fair and should be rectified.
Last edited by Roadkill-Cafe on Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Roadkill-Cafe wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:

how do you enforce it ?

The button already exists. The Admins should determine the number of puppets allowable for card drawing. Only they know the sites approximate capacity.
The technical part is putting a governor on all the buttons on each players account which counts the number of puppets with the card drawing button on. If it reaches the limit, then it's automatically triggered to disable itself.

EDIT: The other part of my idea which you have ignored concerns deck capacity. Every puppet out there gets 50 cards of deck space free of charge. However, players should be allowed the same amount of free deck space across the board. The ability for cards bought at auction to enter "at capacity decks" must also be addressed. Five of the top ten nations in DV are WAY over their deck capacity. This is isn't fair and should be rectified.

II can't believe you think this was rude ....

maybe you should ask yourself. why the admin did not implement a limit on the number of cards farmers already.
its because its not that simple. Moderators do not pass their lives in the site. its not very practical to be hunting for illegal puppets, because its certain people will not always respect rules, everyday we see people ignoring and not respecting the rules. I really don't think the card game is something worth putting much resources into.

you want a better idea. remove the international art work trophy and the leadership board. its really SIMPLE, and does not need moderators to be on the hunt for (illegals puppets)

now the idea to address the deck capacity is a concern I share. what I believe, is that we must encourage people to build collection on their puppets, rather then putting all their on their main, although I do not have big problem with limited of very large collection, its what the game is for

my simple idea, and its not a solution. its to make deck capacity upgrade cheaper, to encourage people to actually use their puppet for collecting cards, and not fuelling the main.

Roadkill-Cafe
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Roadkill-Cafe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:13 am

Fauzjhia wrote:
Roadkill-Cafe wrote:

maybe you should ask yourself. why the admin did not implement a limit on the number of cards farmers already.
its because its not that simple. Moderators do not pass their lives in the site. its not very practical to be hunting for illegal puppets, because its certain people will not always respect rules, everyday we see people ignoring and not respecting the rules. I really don't think the card game is something worth putting much resources into.

you want a better idea. remove the international art work trophy and the leadership board. its really SIMPLE, and does not need moderators to be on the hunt for (illegals puppets)

now the idea to address the deck capacity is a concern I share. what I believe, is that we must encourage people to build collection on their puppets, rather then putting all their on their main, although I do not have big problem with limited of very large collection, its what the game is for

my simple idea, and its not a solution. its to make deck capacity upgrade cheaper, to encourage people to actually use their puppet for collecting cards, and not fuelling the main.

The idea of a limiting card drawing puppets is arguably the best solution for ensuring the site's stability. This threat to the site has been specified and pointed to on numerous times by admins and mods alike. Do you think they've been disingenuous on this point for some reason? Speaking for myself, i take them at their word.

Resetting the game for S3 would be an excellent choice IF the admins want the card game to continue with a level playing field which would encourage more participation. In that scenario you'd have to believe more participation in the card game is good for NS.

At least you understand the deck capacity thing to a certain point, however, lowering the price for additional deck space is counter productive to the site stability issue. You really need to get your head around that, unless of course you don't believe it is true. And if you don't think it's true, then state the reason why, please.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:49 am

Roadkill-Cafe wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:

The idea of a limiting card drawing puppets is arguably the best solution for ensuring the site's stability. This threat to the site has been specified and pointed to on numerous times by admins and mods alike. Do you think they've been disingenuous on this point for some reason? Speaking for myself, i take them at their word.

Resetting the game for S3 would be an excellent choice IF the admins want the card game to continue with a level playing field which would encourage more participation. In that scenario you'd have to believe more participation in the card game is good for NS.

At least you understand the deck capacity thing to a certain point, however, lowering the price for additional deck space is counter productive to the site stability issue. You really need to get your head around that, unless of course you don't believe it is true. And if you don't think it's true, then state the reason why, please.

the idea of limiting card puppets has always been in everyone mind. I am simply that its not as simple as saying "Hey, you only have the right to get 300 puppets. "

Deck capacity is already a mechanism that do not Stop big farmers. Although, personally. I simply do not want to have to create pointless puppets in order to store cards I would not be able to put anywhere. I really hate puppets that exist just for farming fueling a main.

Roadkill-Cafe
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Roadkill-Cafe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:30 am

Fauzjhia wrote:
Roadkill-Cafe wrote:

the idea of limiting card puppets has always been in everyone mind. I am simply that its not as simple as saying "Hey, you only have the right to get 300 puppets. "

Deck capacity is already a mechanism that do not Stop big farmers. Although, personally. I simply do not want to have to create pointless puppets in order to store cards I would not be able to put anywhere. I really hate puppets that exist just for farming fueling a main.

If limiting card drawing puppets is in everyone's mind then this issue should be a fait accompli. But you are once again misinterpreting what i am saying. I'm not for limiting a players right to have puppets. I am for limiting card drawing puppets. And in doing so it makes any excess number of puppets in card farms useless for drawing cards. Most of the remaining non card drawing puppets would theoretically cte BECAUSE it would take too much effort to keep these purposeless nations active.

Deck capacity in itself doesn't stop big farmers because (1) they can endlessly create another puppet and get 50 cards worth of free card space. Limiting the amount of card drawing puppets (CDP) eliminates that. And (2) cards bought at auction are currently entered into decks which are at or above capacity. As i stated earlier, this flaw needs to be rectified.
Last edited by Roadkill-Cafe on Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:08 am

Roadkill-Cafe wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:

If limiting card drawing puppets is in everyone's mind then this issue should be a fait accompli. But you are once again misinterpreting what i am saying. I'm not for limiting a players right to have puppets. I am for limiting card drawing puppets. And in doing so it makes any excess number of puppets in card farms useless for drawing cards. Most of the remaining non card drawing puppets would theoretically cte BECAUSE it would take too much effort to keep these purposeless nations active.

Deck capacity in itself doesn't stop big farmers because (1) they can endlessly create another puppet and get 50 cards worth of free card space. Limiting the amount of card drawing puppets (CDP) eliminates that. And (2) cards bought at auction are currently entered into decks which are at or above capacity. As i stated earlier, this flaw needs to be rectified.

limiting card drawing puppets, that's what's support codger's group idea. These people want to make card Farming so easy, that card farming puppets would be useless, because there would not point in having multiple puppets, except for storage, if you can easily farm as many cards with 1 nation, then with 100 nations. Now I oppose because I do not think cards should that easy, its not the main focus of this game.

as we often say, the devil is in the details. I am not saying that limiting card drawing puppets is a bad idea in itself.
but the details are important, How many ? How we limit them, how we prevent people from breaking the rules. people do not always report their puppets.
and for fairness, I don't see why its fair to have been allowed big farmers of the past to have countless puppets, while limiting new farmers to a very low number, so I think the number will need to be high, but not ridiculously high.

Well my idea, is to give a free deck expension to nations who reach certain point in the game. for example, when a nation answer 1000 issues or reach 1.5 billion of population or answer 2000 issues. we simple need to think about a treeshold that not easily reached by card farming nations.

1000 issues is not exactly easy to reach
considering I am not sure I did that with my beetles, I know nations zophie beetles like https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zophie_beetles have answered at least 900 issues
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roadkill-Cafe
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Roadkill-Cafe » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:58 am

Fauzjhia wrote:
Roadkill-Cafe wrote:

limiting card drawing puppets, that's what's support codger's group idea. These people want to make card Farming so easy, that card farming puppets would be useless, because there would not point in having multiple puppets, except for storage, if you can easily farm as many cards with 1 nation, then with 100 nations. Now I oppose because I do not think cards should that easy, its not the main focus of this game.

as we often say, the devil is in the details. I am not saying that limiting card drawing puppets is a bad idea in itself.
but the details are important, How many ? How we limit them, how we prevent people from breaking the rules. people do not always report their puppets.
and for fairness, I don't see why its fair to have been allowed big farmers of the past to have countless puppets, while limiting new farmers to a very low number, so I think the number will need to be high, but not ridiculously high.

Well my idea, is to give a free deck expension to nations who reach certain point in the game. for example, when a nation answer 1000 issues or reach 1.5 billion of population or answer 2000 issues.

What are you talking about here? Explain "codger group idea." Who are "these people"?
BTW, storage is not needed for cards you won't be drawing. Existing puppets at deck capacity can cte as well. Players can bring them back to retrieve cards when necessary, but usually they'd be deactivated as ctes.

You've already been told several times. All of those decisions are up to the admins and technical. They have the necessary data to decide those matters.
Can you answer the question: do you believe the site stability is at stake due to the overwhelming numbers of card farm puppets, as voiced by mods and admins?

The free deck expansion idea doesn't solve the main issue. It's merely an undeserved reward for scofflaws who create the potential problem.

Kors
Envoy

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kors » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:50 pm

Honestly we should make it so that once you reach a milestone you get a card of yourself, like you get your capital city, religion or faith. You could even make an issues about that.
Or you could change the way you get the cards, like switching over to the challenge feature
Last edited by Kors on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello. I'm Kors. Welcome to my sig.It's a normal sig, a completely ordinary sig, an indifferent sig. You won't find anything different in this sig. MY LEADER AND MILITARY ARE IN MY OVERVIEW FACTBOOK!!!!!!!
If any post is written about you, unless it is not relating to you or of very low effort, you do NOT have the right to /stillme anybody. This is ridiculous.
news
Planned obsolescence banned in Kors : Several unknown satellites crash land into highest mountain in Iceland : Korsian welfare programs cut spending by 50% : Terrorist attacks on the Korsian governmental building result in the enaction of the emergency measures act : Carbon monoxide threat in southern Kors due to wildfires : Giant potato rolls off and chases farmer off mountain into the city, crushing and mortally injuring 3

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:12 am

Kors wrote:Honestly we should make it so that once you reach a milestone you get a card of yourself, like you get your capital city, religion or faith. You could even make an issues about that.

I disagree, having different nations getting new cards at different times would mess with the current divide of cards into seasons, and in an IC sense it doesn't really make sense to have an issue for a card (or artworks as they are called IC) like the ones for capital, leader and faith.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:40 pm

I still don't get why we can't just tag the ability to draw cards to WA-nations only. All nations will get a card, but only nations that have been in the WA for a certain time...say...2 weeks...will be able to draw cards via issue answering.

Roadkill-Cafe
Lobbyist

Father Knows Best State

Postby Roadkill-Cafe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:59 pm

Land Without Shrimp wrote:I still don't get why we can't just tag the ability to draw cards to WA-nations only. All nations will get a card, but only nations that have been in the WA for a certain time...say...2 weeks...will be able to draw cards via issue answering.

That might eventually lead to a bunch of obsessive card players getting DEAT'd. They might try and find some weaselly way to get around it using some illegal script or something, disguising multiples. Then would come the swift sword of justice.

If they did make it WA-nations only we'd probably lose the common card altogether.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:41 pm

Land Without Shrimp wrote:I still don't get why we can't just tag the ability to draw cards to WA-nations only. All nations will get a card, but only nations that have been in the WA for a certain time...say...2 weeks...will be able to draw cards via issue answering.

I think requiring nations to have a certain number of badges or challenge level, might be a better way to avoid easy card farming, while it does not stop farming altogether, it will discourage those who use script to pick the first option on all issues.

I'll admit, this is a solution that advantage me, because I farm 251 nations manually.

Islands Of Ventro
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:01 am

Coffin-Breathe wrote:Well, how about "system" would simply prohibid the use of scripts ? This would definitely drastically reduce the ammount of "farming puppets" (except for some fanatics willing to spend their whole day on farming).

Many people work hard to create these, "Scripts" as you call them. Some things that I think you would find interesting about scripts. Scripts are already restricted, with scripts it just makes answering issues faster (from like 8 sec to 0.5 sec) but you still have to answer them manually. If you made it auto and just leave your computer) running and answering issue while your gone, then that would be illegal. (I'm pretty sure someone who knows more can correct me.So this looks more like people adapting and not, "cheating or making it unfair for the rest of the players" as a couple of you guys make it seem.
Last edited by Islands Of Ventro on Sat April 20th, 1982, edited 69,419 times in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⠿⠟⠛⠻⣿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣆⣀⣀⠀⣿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠻⣿⣿⣿⠅⠛⠋⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢼⣿⣿⣿⣃⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣟⡿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣫⡄⠀⢸⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⡆⠸⣿⣿⣿⡷⠂⠨⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⢀⣿⡿⠋⠁⢀⡶⠪⣉⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⣷⣿⣿⣷⣦⡙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇

Arpasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Arpasia » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:04 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Dabarastan wrote:If that's the case, then one card per IP

Let's just stop this silly idea before it starts. "IP addresses" are not personal identification numbers. You've personally got at least 40 of them. Everyone on the same router (home, office, school, mobile network) shares one or more IP addresses with everyone else. If you use the public Wifi at MaDonalds or your public library, you get a new IP address. If you visit the homes of Granny, Uncle Pete, and Cousin Sue, you get 3 new IP addresses.

Sorry, pet peeve. Most people have no idea how modern networking operates.

Then how would you and other mods Identify one of my nations as a main and an alt?
Ek Sê!, A Nation on Eastern Altropia, basically an Alternate Universe France.
NS Stats executed by M67 Rifle.
Le temps de Philippeaux: OrbOb satellite captures S.S Jiangxiao moored on pirate-controlled Nasrah coast. | Black Coast government fully transitions into military dictatorship virtually overnight. | 5.7 magnitude earthquake rocks western Norteagua and Cortina. | Arpasian ambassador to Sufistan disappears after going inside People's Council building.
Since those people have anime girls and whatnot on their flags, I decide to use him in my flag, and also, this is not Henry on my flag, it's Konrad and a marine.

Likes: Quailty Posts, F7, GE&T, Henry Stickmin, S-61R, UH-60.
Dislikes: Summies, Adbots, Slaver Nations, One-liners.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards