NATION

PASSWORD

Card format

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Zim-topia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Card format

Postby Zim-topia » Fri May 29, 2020 11:37 am

I don't know about you guys, but I really hate the new card format, it makes 90% of flags look horrible and pixelated, and provides much less information than season 1. I really hope they give us an option to make all cards look like season one again.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Fri May 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Zim-topia wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I really hate the new card format, it makes 90% of flags look horrible and pixelated, and provides much less information than season 1. I really hope they give us an option to make all cards look like season one again.

Well, first off, giving such an option would be a lot of work to code, and second, the different format is there to help you separate season 1 from season 2.
I haven't seen many issues with the flags either, as long as they're user uploaded - the default ones have somewhat a lower quality when you look at their cards because they're smaller too, but otherwise no significant problem.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Ter Voland
Secretary

Founded: Feb 14, 2018
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Ter Voland » Fri May 29, 2020 7:05 pm

I think it looks mostly good. My only issue with S2 cards is the shading on the flag picture. I agree on how bad the pixelated flags look. That's why I have barely any of those cards.
Last edited by Ter Voland on Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jasminlandia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Jasminlandia » Sat May 30, 2020 12:07 am

I personally like the S2 design more.

Can you add a poll to the topic? I wonder how others feel about this haha

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sat May 30, 2020 1:02 am

Jasminlandia wrote:Can you add a poll to the topic? I wonder how others feel about this haha

I second this motion

I also prefer S2 over S1, the S1 cards on average seem to cut more of the flags out because of the smaller space allocated for them. I personally don't see the appeal of the sentence describing the nation either.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat May 30, 2020 1:07 am

S2 looks more sleek, more minimalist. It's the Apple version of a NS card. Probably in a good way
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Return to Trading Cards