NATION

PASSWORD

The Collection Collection v2

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:37 pm

Since I had some time today, here's an early Weekly Update for the last week before this thread turns one year old!

Saarz wrote:I'm disassembling my diagonal collection. I'm going to be making a new one soon, so that will come sometime.

In the meantime, I've been making this collection for a while now. It's a mix of Riem's Black and White collection and that badgeless collection that used to exist somewhere.

Oh no, that's sad. I've removed it from the list, but I hope there is a new replacement soon. As for your other collection, it does overlap with the two collections you took inspiration from, so it won't be added unless it overtakes either.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun May 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Before the weekly update, let's celebrate the one year anniversary! In one year this thread has grown much larger than what it was when I took the mantle on April 28th of 2020, and of course this wouldn't be possible without you - the nations that build these awesome collections. Congratulations to all who are included, and may many more collections be added this year! Thus I encourage you to submit any collection you've built, or that you know of and hasn't been added here, and then I'll take a look at it as always in order to see if it can be added.

Regarding the weekly update itself, two things were done this Sunday. Firstly, the monthly check of all collections was done and, fortunately, no collection had ceased to exist so all of them will continue on display for at least another month. Secondly, during the past week there was not one but two collectors who completed their sets of all 169 Season 2 legendaries! Congrats to Mediobogdum and the United Peoples of Centrism, whose names have been added to the ever-growing list of complete legendary collectors.

Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

The Ankhalic Vaspriot
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 19, 2020
Tyranny by Majority

Postby The Ankhalic Vaspriot » Tue May 04, 2021 8:37 am

I'm going to be moving my "The Periodic Table of Elements" collection to my main puppet, Azure Mines, to conserve deck space, so the link might need to be updated. Sorry for the inconvenience, just underestimated how many of the cards I was going to get.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 am

The Ankhalic Vaspriot wrote:I'm going to be moving my "The Periodic Table of Elements" collection to my main puppet, Azure Mines, to conserve deck space, so the link might need to be updated. Sorry for the inconvenience, just underestimated how many of the cards I was going to get.

It's no inconvenience at all! I've updated the link, and also mentioned the new collector puppet as your nation so people know it's still you.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm

I disassembled my Basque flag collection.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Saarz
Secretary

Founded: Feb 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Saarz » Fri May 07, 2021 3:18 pm

Anyway, here's that new collection.
Now with 100% leftist bias.
where s3

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Tue May 11, 2021 5:35 pm

Weekly Update time! Firstly, another season 2 legendary collector was added to the list of completed collections, namely Philville2. Congrats to them, and hopefully I get to give out more congratulations to some other people soon, whose legendary collections are almost finished. Secondly, I addressed the recent comments and made changes related to them:

Voxija wrote:I disassembled my Basque flag collection.

It's sad to see the collection go, I remember it was one of the first ever entries in the Geographical section. Hopefully in the future we see another Basque collection so it can also be displayed here.

Saarz wrote:Anyway, here's that new collection.

Nice idea, especially considering the trading cards market has a lot in common with capitalism. I guess it's nice to finally have both a capitalist and communist themed collections now.

Wage and Hour
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 12, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Wage and Hour » Wed May 12, 2021 12:22 am

Saarz wrote:Anyway, here's that new collection.

This is a really kuul kollection. I've never seen some of these cards before.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Wed May 19, 2021 2:49 pm

Time for another Weekly Update... that totally doesn't look like a mid-week update since I'm doing it on a Wednesday, but still there's some interesting additions today. First, congratulate two people that completed their rarity collections and were thus added to their respective lists! Grea Kriopia has collected all season 2 legendaries while Laudesia has managed to collect all season 2 epics.

Two collections were also added today, both by Seanat. First is a collection of pink, white and blue flags, a common color combination presumably due to its use in the transgender pride flag. Coincidentally, its name gives it a placement right near the rainbow flags collection, which is also a known pride flag.

The other collection is a theme also known to many, anime cards. Now, there are probably hundreds of anime collections and most established card traders will know that anime cards have a high chance of being valuable due to many people competing for them. I hadn't added one to this thread yet due to an old comment by the previous OP, Ponderosa, on this matter: "Also, I'm aware, there's no anime collection. That's because every other card collector has an anime collection and they aren't hard to find. If you reply with an extremely lengthy or unique one, I might post it," and I found it to be a fair reasoning. But I was impressed by Seanat's effort of going through every season 1 card with user-uploaded flags to see which ones were anime-themed and then place bids on them, thus coming up with a total of 958 cards, of which nearly 700 are collected. So this will be my choice of anime collection to be placed here, at least for now.

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Wed May 19, 2021 8:01 pm

Giovanniland wrote:But I was impressed by Seanat's effort of going through every season 1 card with user-uploaded flags to see which ones were anime-themed and then place bids on them...

I agree 100% with this reasoning.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Wed May 26, 2021 5:38 pm

Mid-week update! Chimes and Minskiev have been added to the list of nations with complete regional collections, of which there's an astonishing total of over 20. Congratulations to both!

Meanwhile, I've been watching the growth of some fledgling collections, hopefully they achieve a bigger size so they can be listed here.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun May 30, 2021 5:50 pm

And now, the proper Weekly Update for this week! One collection was added, while another was replaced with a bigger one of the same theme. Specifically, they are Monochrome Madness by Panagouge on one of their puppets, a growing collection of cards with only one color; and Pokemon by Seanat, whose collection surpassed the previous Pokemon-themed one listed in this thread.

That is all for this update! Stay tuned for next week's one, which will feature the monthly check of all collections and possibly more entries added.

Blands Candumive
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blands Candumive » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:21 am

Perhaps my collection might suit: squeakers

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Time for another Weekly Update! This week I made the monthly check of all collections and sadly had to purge a few since they did not exist anymore. However, three new ones were added! On the Nature subcategory two collections were included: Blands Candumive's Squeakers and Philville's Unicorns. Furthermore, Elegarth's collection about Rick and Morty was the newest addition to the Entertainment subcategory, while another name was added to the list of complete legendary collections, this time Seanat. Congratulations to all of them, and stay tuned for the next update!

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:53 pm

The description of the unicorn collection is the same as the description of the Winged Birds collection, while the Zoo collections description has been replaced by what I assume is supposed to be the unicorn collections description.
Last edited by One Small Island on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:48 am

One Small Island wrote:The description of the unicorn collection is the same as the description of the Winged Birds collection, while the Zoo collections description has been replaced by what I assume is supposed to be the unicorn collections description.

Whoops, that was probably a mistake I made when adding the unicorn collection. It's fixed now, thanks for reporting!

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:04 pm

Small weekly update, but as always I will make a post about it. The only addition this week was Panagouge's collection about Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, which features an interesting theme. It's still growing, but I thought about it and I believe it has potential. So congratulations to them!

Vampire Existence of Barnabas Collins
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vampire Existence of Barnabas Collins » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:41 am

Still planning to add more artwork on this collection, but here's a look... Dark Shadows ~ The Graveyard Shift.

AXE Capital
Civilian

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby AXE Capital » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:46 am

My nation is based on the Showtime program "Billions."
I have two collections which are relevant to that.
Our newly elected CEO, CFO and COO
Resources and Other Investments

Other relevant collections are in planning.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:01 pm

Time for the Weekly Update! First off, a collection about ducks collected by Panagouge via a puppet was added to the Nature subcategory. Second, I will address the recent comments here:

AXE Capital wrote:My nation is based on the Showtime program "Billions."

Thank you for the submission! The second collection has been added to the Humanity & Society subcategory.

Vampire Existence of Barnabas Collins wrote:Still planning to add more artwork on this collection, but here's a look... Dark Shadows ~ The Graveyard Shift.

While this is certainly an interesting and well thought out collection, I feel like this one is too close to Abandon All Hope listed in the Arthouse subcategory to be added, since both deal with darkness/death/evil in a similar way. Though I notice you have lots of bat-themed cards there, perhaps a specific collection about bats could be added if it reaches a reasonable size...
Last edited by Giovanniland on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vampire Existence of Barnabas Collins
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vampire Existence of Barnabas Collins » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Giovanniland wrote:Time for the Weekly Update! First off, a collection about ducks collected by Panagouge via a puppet was added to the Nature subcategory. Second, I will address the recent comments here:

AXE Capital wrote:My nation is based on the Showtime program "Billions."

Thank you for the submission! The second collection has been added to the Humanity & Society subcategory.

Vampire Existence of Barnabas Collins wrote:Still planning to add more artwork on this collection, but here's a look... Dark Shadows ~ The Graveyard Shift.

While this is certainly an interesting and well thought out collection, I feel like this one is too close to Abandon All Hope listed in the Arthouse subcategory to be added, since both deal with darkness/death/evil in a similar way. Though I notice you have lots of bat-themed cards there, perhaps a specific collection about bats could be added if it reaches a reasonable size...

Thank you for the encouragement!

Dabarastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dabarastan » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Hello, I'm wondering if my collection is developed enough to be featured yet (alternatively, after S3 I imagine there will be plenty more cards to add).

The Aliyev Alliance of Azerbaijan и Artsakh: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=25095

This is an almost-exhaustive collection of any card that mentions either Azerbaijan, Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh), Aliyev (Azer President), or regions/cities of both Azerbaijan and the Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) territory.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:54 pm

Dabarastan wrote:Hello, I'm wondering if my collection is developed enough to be featured yet (alternatively, after S3 I imagine there will be plenty more cards to add).

The Aliyev Alliance of Azerbaijan и Artsakh: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=25095

This is an almost-exhaustive collection of any card that mentions either Azerbaijan, Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh), Aliyev (Azer President), or regions/cities of both Azerbaijan and the Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) territory.

I've taken a look, and I think it's nice enough to be added: significantly diversified, and I see it has the potential to grow even more, so I've went ahead and included it in the Geographical subcategory.

By the way, I'm not sure if you are also looking for cards with simply the Azerbaijani flag (as opposed to also having the name), but if you are, the lists of season 1 and season 2 flags through the Card Queries may help :)
Last edited by Giovanniland on Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dabarastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dabarastan » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Giovanniland wrote:I've taken a look, and I think it's nice enough to be added: significantly diversified, and I see it has the potential to grow even more, so I've went ahead and included it in the Geographical subcategory.

By the way, I'm not sure if you are also looking for cards with simply the Azerbaijani flag (as opposed to also having the name), but if you are, the lists of season 1 and season 2 flags through the Card Queries may help :)

Thanks very much!

PS, I'd been using Card Queries to search for cards for the collection, but I hadn't thought to just filter by the Azerbaijani flag. While I'm not looking for cards that simply have the flag, I was still able to find through those two queries a few more good cards that are either misspellings or alternative spellings of the country/its cities. Thanks again!

Coffin-Breathe
Minister

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:33 am

Sorry to have to assert (since you`re doing a great job in maintaining this thread otherwise, thank you) that there are again some collections listed which don´t exist anymore, for example "stan" by ssejekistan https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=14092

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards