NATION

PASSWORD

The Collection Collection v2

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:08 pm

reporting error, doctor who and fire emblem links are the same. same with big brother and chess.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:55 am

Free Las Pinas wrote:Thank you both for the answers! Once I move further with this, I'll mention it. I'm still deciding, however, if I'd limit this to only Greek flags, or not.

No problem! Feel free to post it here when you organize the collection.
Nooooooooooooooo wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=31960/nation=evan_baxter

Decided I want to go for this one. I've only seen two other ones, and one was blank, and the other had 5 cards.

Sorry, I don't add puppet series collections. Unless someone would start a project to collect every single puppet series, there are far too many of those collections so I won't add them.
Nevertopia wrote:reporting error, doctor who and fire emblem links are the same. same with big brother and chess.

I must have messed it up somewhere. Thanks for reporting, it's now fixed!
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Panther
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Panther » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Giovanniland wrote:I love it (and added it)! Maybe it would also be interesting to have some ancient Asian culture flags as well. I also find the overall collection different enough from a Greek flags collection, so if Free Las Pinas decides to submit their idea I'll also add it.

Well, thanks :)

Not a bad idea about the ancient Asian cultures, as well. I have been somewhat siloing them in other collections, but I see no real reason not to include them, given how I've expanded the theme.

Also, if you can think of a better name for the collection, feel free to suggest one. Though, I prefer "fun" names, rather than just "Ancient Collection."

Vylixan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vylixan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:02 am

Giovanniland wrote:
Decided I want to go for this one. I've only seen two other ones, and one was blank, and the other had 5 cards.

Sorry, I don't add puppet series collections. Unless someone would start a project to collect every single puppet series, there are far too many of those collections so I won't add them.

Clearly he's collecting cards with numbers on them :p .
Last edited by Vylixan on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:54 pm

In this unusual mid-week update, which I didn't have time to make in the weekend, I've added a couple of collections! Congratulations to Vylixan's Flowers, Free Las Pinas' Greece Flags, and Belililou's Pacific card collections.

Fun fact: I stumbled upon the last one after seeing the collections of a card I needed, and this was a nice surprise after the owner of the Aquatic Animals collections previously here CTE'd. Over this weekend I'll make the usual collection check and also add more interesting collections I find, so feel free to post any you might have that's unique and sizable enough and I might add it.

Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:57 am

https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=31342

Finished my S2 Legendaries collection two days ago :)
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:53 pm

The Atlae Isles wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=31342

Finished my S2 Legendaries collection two days ago :)

Yay, congrats! Updated the list of people who have completed it under the Legendary S2 entry.

The weekly check is also done, although I had added some collections some days ago so there was nothing to add today. At least, no collection ceased to exist! Congrats also to Riemstagrad's Black & White collection that passed the 1K cards mark recently.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:58 am

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:00 pm

The collection list grows! Added US Featured by DavanteAdams and Winged Birds by Michigain, congratulations to both.

Kyletana
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kyletana » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:00 pm

Heya, I managed to collect 101 of my own nation's Season 2 card. Am I eligible be listed under any Card Collection category? I hope the answer is yes. Thanks in advance if that's the case. :)

“Kyletana KTN 8642-9 UNSC AI”
https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=24100
Last edited by Kyletana on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
National Leader: Kyletana, UNSC Artificial intelligence (SN: KTN 8642-9)

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:08 am

Kyletana wrote:Heya, I managed to collect 101 of my own nation's Season 2 card. Am I eligible be listed under any Card Collection category? I hope the answer is yes. Thanks in advance if that's the case. :)

No, it is not. Collections such as "Me", "My friends", or "My favorites" will not be listed here. It is not totally up to me and sorry if I am wrong but I am 99% sure that I am right.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:53 am

DavanteAdams wrote:
Kyletana wrote:Heya, I managed to collect 101 of my own nation's Season 2 card. Am I eligible be listed under any Card Collection category? I hope the answer is yes. Thanks in advance if that's the case. :)

No, it is not. Collections such as "Me", "My friends", or "My favorites" will not be listed here. It is not totally up to me and sorry if I am wrong but I am 99% sure that I am right.

That is correct as of now. When I asked Ponderosa permission to create the 2nd version of this thread, I copied the old collections and there was in fact a self-collection from Catsfern. Then other people managed to collect even more copies of themselves, such as me and Noah. However, I felt that self-collections weren't really interesting or relevant for the people viewing this thread, so they were removed and will stay as such unless a large number of people want them back.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Great, and all you need to do now is inflate the card falue to 10, and you got yourself an extra 1000 bank!

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Weekly Update is done! I have reviewed all collections as always.

A collection of Swedish flags by Svenskskit's puppet Eigengrau has been added, and I also brought back Samsara from the old thread because I just noticed that the collector, Ponderosa, had revived their nation some time ago.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Another weekly update has been concluded: the last one of the year! I just noticed that almost 200 edits to the OP have been made in the 8 months of this thread's existence. Looking forward to the one-year anniversary!

Anyways, two new collections have been added: Spiders and Undefault by Riemstagrad. I am aware the latter is one of the smallest collections in the thread, but the concept is surely creative, and cards like these are hard to find. So that's why it's been added - congrats!

You might also have noticed some collections have risen from the dead. Well, not exactly: the collector nations are still CTE, but I haven't found a suitable replacement so they stay for now. Plus, they can still be viewed as long as the string "nation=X" isn't on the URL, otherwise it displays an error message.

Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 am

I'm collecting cards relating to the Roman Empire/Republic, as well as cards related to popes. I realise these are both quite niche and I cannot seem to find any more cards to get. The Roman collection is however coming along quite nicely!

Anyone who sees this and knows where to find a Roman or a Pope, let me know!

Anyway, here they are

Roman: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=33161
Popes: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=33079
Last edited by Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro wrote:I'm collecting cards relating to the Roman Empire/Republic, as well as cards related to popes. I realise these are both quite niche and I cannot seem to find any more cards to get. The Roman collection is however coming along quite nicely!

Anyone who sees this and knows where to find a Roman or a Pope, let me know!

Anyway, here they are

Roman: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=33161
Popes: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=33079

Hello! I've added the Roman collection, it's very interesting and I am honestly surprised nobody had this idea yet since ancient Rome seems to be a theme many NationStates players inspire themselves on. You could try searching my Wreath Flags collection given that some Roman Empire/Republic flags contain a wreath; and also the Ancient World collection that houses cards about ancient cultures in general, including Rome. On the other hand, the Pope collection seems a tad small and has duplicate copies of some cards, so I won't be adding it for now.

On another note I've made the weekly update, which happens to be the first of its kind in 2021! I hope many more collections are added this year.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuestro Salvador de San Pedro » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:07 am

Thank you for adding the Rome collection! I did search the wreath collection, thanks for the tip! I'm especially interested in cards that show something new, like a bust or for instance the Lego centurion card (which is my favourite). I totally get why the Popes didn't make it, I guess it's very niche and maybe I'll find some more for that one!

Smiley Bob
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 27, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smiley Bob » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 am

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:21 am

Not sure if there is a collection like it on here, but I found this, as well as a collection with only 4 cards less at the time, soon I will have one of my own probably up here
https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... ction=1679
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 pm

I found a Violet-themed collection (based on the colour and the word), if you think it fits the criteria. It does have quite a few duplicates/triplicates/quadruplicates though…
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Benedictvs Gentibvs
Civilian

Founded: Oct 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Benedictvs Gentibvs » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:12 pm

https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=31028

Several Pope/Vatican-related nations.

(This is Nooooooooooooooo)
Last edited by Benedictvs Gentibvs on Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:46 pm

A great amount of submissions this week!

Nice find, another collection added to the Nature subcategory!
Holland DS6 wrote:Not sure if there is a collection like it on here, but I found this, as well as a collection with only 4 cards less at the time, soon I will have one of my own probably up here
https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... ction=1679

That is an impressive collection about dragons, though Rikanhimel's collection outnumbers it so I won't change the entry for now.
Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:I found a Violet-themed collection (based on the colour and the word), if you think it fits the criteria. It does have quite a few duplicates/triplicates/quadruplicates though…

I like how the collector mixed cards referencing several meanings of the word "violet": the color, the word itself, and the main Violetist deity that's frequently seen in issues. The concern about duplicate cards is valid, but I do think it has enough different cards and a creative theme, that compensate any negative aspects. Thus I've decided to feature it in the Arthouse.
Benedictvs Gentibvs wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=31028

Several Pope/Vatican-related nations.

(This is Nooooooooooooooo)

The theme is notable enough to earn a place in this thread, however I do have a concern that the collection size is quite small right now. There are quite probably more Pope/Vatican-related nations, so if the collection earns a significant size I will most likely add it.

Other changes for this update:
a) added a collection of Dutch flags;
b) replaced the British Flags entry with the previous and larger collection because its owner has returned.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards