NATION

PASSWORD

Is the Valentine-Z card having a bug?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
ThESEYS
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 29, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Is the Valentine-Z card having a bug?

Postby ThESEYS » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 am

Young nation, so please excuse my ignorance, but:

what is going on with the Valentine-Z card? There seems to be an infinte loop of auctions, but the card never seems to change hands, any time the aucion is completed card bounces back to the end of the queue for another 54 minutes, the price is stagnant, the "recent moves" section of the card is frozen in time (for several days, the same player is reported as having made the same bids only 7 minutes ago)...

What is going on?

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:23 am

ThESEYS wrote:Young nation, so please excuse my ignorance, but:

what is going on with the Valentine-Z card? There seems to be an infinte loop of auctions, but the card never seems to change hands, any time the aucion is completed card bounces back to the end of the queue for another 54 minutes, the price is stagnant, the "recent moves" section of the card is frozen in time (for several days, the same player is reported as having made the same bids only 7 minutes ago)...

What is going on?

It's not a bug, people are trying to get a world record.
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:27 am

Zeritae wrote:

What is going on?

It's not a bug, people are trying to get a world record.

Nevermind, I think there *is* something going on.
Now to take my magic wand and say Auctionus Endus...
Zurkerx wrote:

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

NS Stats are used.

ThESEYS
Political Columnist

Postby ThESEYS » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:27 am

Best of luck to them, but how is the effort made to prevent the card from being traded at all? Even if there are 100 simultaneous bids (or in rapid succession) there should at some point be an auction that resolves I think?

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:29 am

ThESEYS wrote:Best of luck to them, but how is the effort made to prevent the card from being traded at all? Even if there are 100 simultaneous bids (or in rapid succession) there should at some point be an auction that resolves I think?

There isn't, as far as I know. Asking for it to be ended would just prove futile, so someone just has to wait.
Last edited by Zeritae on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zurkerx wrote:

NS Stats are used.

ThESEYS
Political Columnist

Postby ThESEYS » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:32 am

well thanks for the background information anyway. Appreciated.

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:33 am

ThESEYS wrote:well thanks for the background information anyway. Appreciated.

You're welcome
Zurkerx wrote:

NS Stats are used.

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:20 am

What is going on?

Hello, involved nation here... there is no bug here. When a change in an auction takes place, the timer increases by a minute to allow other people to be competitive in an auction and prevent people from sniping auctions at the last second. Various nations involved in buying the card have been continuously bidding up on the card, so it has been on sale for more than 11(?) days. Unfortunately the auction just ended on us, but it is the longest auction ever on NS and I think that record will stand for a very long time.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:42 am

ThESEYS wrote:Best of luck to them, but how is the effort made to prevent the card from being traded at all? Even if there are 100 simultaneous bids (or in rapid succession) there should at some point be an auction that resolves I think?

I would just like to note that auctions on the same card are not independent of each other, but instead, are resolved at the same time.

Here is a dispatch explaining the event: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1344316
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards