NATION

PASSWORD

Change in Card Rarity

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Murden
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Change in Card Rarity

Postby Murden » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:59 am

Did anyone experience a change in their nation's card rarity, for better or for worse?
If so, what do you think may have caused the change?

Harmonic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:36 am

Badges, WA/Delegate, Condemn/Commend, NS Administrator/ Mod/Issue Author, Endorsement, and Being Region Founder affect the Rarity
| ♛ | HARMONIKSA RIKKEN | UNTEMAR | ♛ |
Story of Codex Ylvus will be rewritten and new story will be based on the War in Heaven.
Ase's Book - Eros's Book
Please be sure to check Terra Britania's works! | Someone awakaned me from my long stasis. | Up for a challenge? Just contact me.

GeodesicDragon
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby GeodesicDragon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:49 am

Murden wrote:Did anyone experience a change in their nation's card rarity, for better or for worse?
If so, what do you think may have caused the change?

I've gone from Epic to Legendary, presumably on account of the three issues I've contributed since Trading Cards went live.
Glory to the Apocalypse
"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, nukes on you." - Herald Dawson

BNL Corporation
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Capitalizt

Postby BNL Corporation » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:57 am

I was reduced from Epic to Ultra Rare, which at first kinda bummed me out, but then later decided it was actually a good thing because then I could buy more of my own card. Pretty sure it was either because I changed regions before the cards went live and lost all those endorsements, or I was gone for a while over the summer.
BNL Corporation (Uses NS stats) | Why not buy something today? Go on, you deserve it!

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 am

Mine went up to uncommon, as opposed to common. I should have stayed in TEP to get extra endorsements, though.
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:40 pm

region, might have an effect on cards.
my main cards are all epics, except for Marnady, who is an ultra rare.
except. the only difference between them is that Marnady is a (right wing) dictatorial nation, and that Marnady is located in the rejected Realm, while my 6 other main nations are located in Europe.

And curiousity, one of my newest nation, which is actually the last nation I created is uncommon, while all moons are commons, however, I play through with the same choices and they are all in the same region. so I don't really understand why this nation is an uncommon while all other comparable nations are commons.

that said, none of my nations got rarity changed to my regrets. I would have liked my nations to become ultra rare, instead of epic, or for Marnady to be an Epic.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Novgorod and Baltic Rus
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 04, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novgorod and Baltic Rus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Fauzjhia wrote:region, might have an effect on cards.
except. the only difference between them is that Marnady is a (right wing) dictatorial nation, and that Marnady is located in the rejected Realm, while my 6 other main nations are located in Europe.

Region has no impact on card rarity. Nor does classification (right wing dictatorship).

The reason Marnady is only an UR compared to your other nations is because that nation has significantly lesser stats. It has around half the amount of gold 1% badges than your others.

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:20 pm

I droped from epic to UR

Once the session starts and the official list is published I'd love to test some ideas out for rarity but it's all guess work in the end of the day
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Novgorod and Baltic Rus wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:region, might have an effect on cards.

Region has no impact on card rarity. Nor does classification (right wing dictatorship).

The reason Marnady is only an UR compared to your other nations is because that nation has significantly lesser stats. It has around half the amount of gold 1% badges than your others.

its not false that Marnady's stats are, in general, lower then others nations.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Yeah I went from uncommon to legendary. Presumably because my s1 card was generated (and its rarity locked) before I had written any issues or my SC resolution.

Similar situation for other issue groupies, like Sacara and Chan Island.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Gopnikea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gopnikea » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Mine went up from Rare to Ultra Rare. Does finding easter eggs contribute to the rarity change?

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Gopnikea wrote:Mine went up from Rare to Ultra Rare. Does finding easter eggs contribute to the rarity change?

It can, yes, since stat badges are one of the main things used to calculate it and you do get a badge from finding easter eggs, that changes color the more you find the same way stat badges change color the higher rank you are.

It's probably tough to change *only* thanks to easter eggs though, since it's still just one badge.
rəswɛsən

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards