NATION

PASSWORD

Error message

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Error message

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 pm

I got a message
02/09/2019, 05:47:02 GMT+1: could no longer offer a card for 0.72.

Does anyone know what that's all about? (I had 2 copies and was selling one).
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:17 pm

this mean, the buyer or seller Cessed to exist.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Hmm. As far as I know I haven't CTE'd.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:Hmm. As far as I know I haven't CTE'd.

It wasn't your nation that CTE'd. I don't know the circumstances of the error, but if you had a live auction during update, and the nation with the Ask ceased to exist, that's the message you would see.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:03 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Almonaster Nuevo wrote:Hmm. As far as I know I haven't CTE'd.

It wasn't your nation that CTE'd. I don't know the circumstances of the error, but if you had a live auction during update, and the nation with the Ask ceased to exist, that's the message you would see.

Thanks Fris. AFAIK that was not the case, that timestamp would be sleepy time for me. Maybe a buyer CTE'd and the message wording is a little off. I'm not that fussed really, merely curious.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:27 am

this message mean that someone who was selling/buying the card for 0.072 Cessed to exist. and hence, they can no longer sell the card.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Balticonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Balticonia » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 am

Possibly they got deleted by a moderator if it wasn't during an update?
Experienced roleplayer from Lezra, an alternate world. Former WA Delegate. Very detailed history.
Current (non-canon) roleplay: War of Spanish Succession
Slightly outdated national factbook
The Great Austrontan Wars, my best factbook
Kings of Balticonia

Earthbound Immortal Squad
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthbound Immortal Squad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:41 am

I know the feeling I have seen that a few times I think it even said I couldn't once which really confused me.
Merry Christmas!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:39 pm

One question that hasn't been asked or answered: where did this message appear?

I've seen it, but I thought it showed up on the card pages, not as a notification. "Recent Moves" would be the logical place for it, and it displays all events in the last 24 hours. So even if it wasn't during an active auction, it would still be there if they CTEd during an update.

Balticonia wrote:Possibly they got deleted by a moderator

I don't recall seeing any recent deletions of card players. The nations we delete tend not to answer issues or open packs. They're mostly forum and RMB trolls and spammers, and typically aren't around long enough to play cards.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:39 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:... it displays all events in the last 24 hours.

Ah. That would explain it. I had assumed it was related to an auction I was involved in.

Given the lack of context, could I suggest that the message be expanded to say something like
<nation> can no longer offer <cardname> card for <price>

That might serve to avoid future confusion.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards