NATION

PASSWORD

How is it possible?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Ilovebenderdotcomland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

How is it possible?

Postby Ilovebenderdotcomland » Thu May 30, 2019 6:11 am

I was buying a card as a means to transfer credits, and somebody swooped in and stole all my credits selling me the same card for the same price.

I've lost all faith in cards now, please explain to me how South Park Colorado never got the credits after Ilovebenderdotcomland was buying from South Park Colorado?

In short, this incident has shaken my believe and has left me virtually creditless...

I don't want to play anymore if someone can swoop in and steal what was meant to be mine.

The card was being sold for 13.03, the bid was 13.03, and it sold by somebody else who wasn't initially selling for 13.03 - the price was the same!
The person who sold the card wasn't the first person to sell, therefore they jumped the queue.

The person who sold the card first and had a bid first should be the one to sell the card, not no johnny come lately who price matches for the same price.

Give me my credits back!
Last edited by Ilovebenderdotcomland on Thu May 30, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu May 30, 2019 6:15 am

Great lakes asked for 13.02
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Thu May 30, 2019 6:24 am

Marxist Germany wrote:Great lakes asked for 13.02

^^^

Whenever someone bids, the lowest ask will receive the cash. Even if someone asks 0.01 less than another price, the money will go to that asker.

If you were watching the auction, you could've countered this by reducing your initial ask to 13.01, which would've gave you the money instead of the other dude.

I'd also avoid asking for junk price if you're forced to keep underasking the other dude, since they could just bid at junk price in order to force your huge bid to match their ask (losing all your money in the process and giving it to them).
Last edited by Destructive Government Economic System on Thu May 30, 2019 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Ilovebenderdotcomland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ilovebenderdotcomland » Thu May 30, 2019 6:30 am

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:Great lakes asked for 13.02

^^^

Whenever someone bids, the lowest ask will receive the cash. Even if someone asks 0.01 less than another price, the money will go to that asker.

If you were watching the auction, you could've countered this by reducing your initial ask to 13.01, which would've gave you the money instead of the other dude.

I'd also avoid asking for junk price if you're forced to keep underasking the other dude, since they could just bid at junk price in order to force your huge bid to match their ask (losing all your money in the process and giving it to them).

I see.

I need to use another card that seems to work better and not let ego get in my way to inflate the price of another card.

The first card I used served me well massing my credits and when almost all credits were amasses, this was as the mass merely wiping up pennies in the night on a 'hmmm... if it inflated the estimated price of one no name card, what would it do for this low level personal fave with no bids?' move which cost me.... so I'm going back to mule no named cards.
Last edited by Ilovebenderdotcomland on Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jasminlandia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Jasminlandia » Thu May 30, 2019 9:06 am

I guess most of us paid the price for this lesson! Haha
Don't let this take your spirit away; just be more careful next time.

First of all if you start transfer at 8:00 then check back at 8:55

Then try to use cards which has fewer owners (smaller risk to someone snipes you), like this one
Your London card has 34 owners which is way too many, and besides this, even if you get a card which has only 1 owner; you .. while transfering, someone can open it and snipe you again.
Also check the owners, if you see big card collector names or puppetnames (like cardfarmer 43) you should consider to not proceed your transfer, especially if you see his name in the previous trades.

I think the safest way tho is to get a legendary, worth about 10-15 bank and use it as transfer. You cant lose that much with it.

I think i got robbed for about 20 bank in total when i started the card business, now i have 420.
So don't give up, cheer up and collect them beauties! :hug:

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:21 am

Sniping is a part of the game I have lost more than my fair share of bank in similar fashions. My big tip would be that if someone comes along and keeps lowering there ask to try and get the money work them down to about half and than give it to them.

Personally if I snipe someone I ask for half out of the gate.

As said above no card is perfectly safe just some much more safe than others.

Another Philosophy to transferring is using the same card over and over and over again at low amounts (2-3 bank) and when people sell extra cards in boom you now have more transfer cards
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Guard Captain
Secretary

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Guard Captain » Thu May 30, 2019 10:46 am

9003 wrote:Another Philosophy to transferring is using the same card over and over and over again at low amounts (2-3 bank) and when people sell extra cards in boom you now have more transfer cards

That process works well for me. Buy up multiple copies of the same card and then sell them to your puppets for low amounts (I do 4,5 or 10 depending on the puppet). You'll occasionally lose an ask but if your bids are small enough it won't matter.

Personally I've used this technique today to transfer 350 bank and I didn't lose anything.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Thu May 30, 2019 12:57 pm

9003 wrote:Sniping is a part of the game I have lost more than my fair share of bank in similar fashions. My big tip would be that if someone comes along and keeps lowering there ask to try and get the money work them down to about half and than give it to them.

Another Philosophy to transferring is using the same card over and over and over again at low amounts (2-3 bank) and when people sell extra cards in boom you now have more transfer cards

I wonder if you could lower your own ask to 0.01, so the sniper can't get anything? Sure you don't get all the money transferred, but at least he can't bid lower and you don't have to pay the extortion fee.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Tildalandia
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Tildalandia » Thu May 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Ponderosa wrote:
9003 wrote:Sniping is a part of the game I have lost more than my fair share of bank in similar fashions. My big tip would be that if someone comes along and keeps lowering there ask to try and get the money work them down to about half and than give it to them.

I wonder if you could lower your own ask to 0.01, so the sniper can't get anything? Sure you don't get all the money transferred, but at least he can't bid lower and you don't have to pay the extortion fee.

if you ask 0.01 he will give you 0.01 for your card while you'll buy HIS card for the full price you wanted to transfer, since your buying order will stay in place

0.01 (your ask) will match 0.01 (his offer)
10.00 (his ask) will match 10.00 (your offer)

definitely not a good idea

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards