NATION

PASSWORD

Are big puppet master dominating the cards.

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Are big puppet master dominating the cards.

Postby Fauzjhia » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:30 pm

I ask the question, since, it may be legitimate to ask ourselves if the trading card in nationstates is not dominated by few players who control over 100 puppets, in order to farm. or some players who used puppets to farm cards, before the double time aunction system was set in place, to prevent players from easily transfering bank from their puppets to their main.

Recently I had the bad experience of getting overbid on my own card. by a player who has more then 140 banks. while my richest nation only have 4.09,

I don't need to say that I do not hold a chance in any kind of auction against this guy.

My goal here is only to collect my cards. 6 of which are Epic, and 1 is Ultra Rare, in equal collection.

do I need to have 140 puppets to accomplish that ?
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Borovan3
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:16 pm

4 copies of your own should be enough no? But yes puppet masters do have advantage but there are people who still have gained a lot even after the auction double system ;) galiantus posted a thread about this in technical and you don't need over 100 just a few.

Mikeswill
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Let me know which cards you want and I'll see if I can get them for you.
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 pm

I am self-collector.

I look for 7 cards ...
Fauzjhia
Bhrazjhia
Taineizbria,
Luhneizria
Auceanznia
Evilcia

and

Marnady

And I always buy them in set. 1 of each, when I can move. I like to maintain an equality between my cards.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Great Celestial China
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Celestial China » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Not really, it depends if they're active and bothers to trade for cards.

I mean, I have like 20 puppets but I'm very poor because I haven't invested in this until now.
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
I'll add more in my sig eventually
I gave up fixing the flag, might ask for help one day

Bridgett
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 20, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Bridgett » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:36 pm

~~snip~~
Last edited by Bridgett on Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:31 am

Just let them reap the fruits of their time wasting. It's more disturbing than impressive how much effort some put into this imo.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:50 am

Its similar to a pay check do you get mad at the guy who works extra and gets paid more?

Yes puppet masters most definitely hold the market on a lot of things however because of rng it will never be 100%. For example the likelyhood of someone who doesn't farm getting a queen yuno is low as there only chance is to open from a pack where as a farmer could earn up the money to buy it. However card farmers also introduce a large part of the supply of any given card to the market. For example my self if I see a card with a standing bid on it above (or even at) junk vaule I'll sell it and yes sometimes that might bring in a puppet farmer or a shark many times this go to the little guy.

Moral of the story: if you like a card put a bid on it and leave it card farmers will sell it and you'll get it at the price soon engho
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Marnady
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Marnady » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:09 am

Well. for the moment. I prefer to prepare a big bidding event with my puppets. However, I believe this will take me something like 2 or 3 months to prepare it.

Its truth that big puppet master will have an advantage over me. and there is nothing I can do it about it.

ChUbBiesTnEss
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby ChUbBiesTnEss » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 am

It would be certainly easier if you had like 200 puppets, that can give you cards. However now it is harder because you have to pay a fee to get the cards.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards