NATION

PASSWORD

Making Trading Cards into a game.

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Kaiserlike
Attaché

Founded: Feb 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Making Trading Cards into a game.

Postby Kaiserlike » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:34 pm

As a fan of TCGs (Trading Card Games) I've been wondering what could be done in NS to make these cards a game. Here's what I've put together.
If you've played Dragon Ball Super Card Game this will be similar.
A deck should be 50 cards, max of 4 copies of any 1 card.
A Master card should be created (maybe your nation card? maybe Founders?) that represents the players.
Each player starts with 10 Life represented by 10 cards from the top of your deck at the start of the game.
Each time your Master Card loses a "challenge" you lose 1 life, but add 1 of the 10 cards to your hand.
Starting hand is 5 cards, starting with the 2nd player each player draws 1 card per turn.
Players can once per turn choose to place 1 card down as Energy, all cards are worth 1 energy.
Nations can be "created" by using energy the amount of energy needed depends on their rarity (common =1 uncommon =2 etc)
Nations can challenge either the Master card to deal dmg to life or challenge other nations your opponent has created.
the challenge works just as challenges work on NS. Whoever wins the challenge stays whoever loses is destroyed.
The main problem here is the lack of effects all card games have cards that have some sort of effect (i.e. Pot of Greed) Effects could be created based on the notes on the cards (i.e. WA delegate or Founder or most-eco friendly gov 336th) but that could be a bit complicated. It'd prolly be easier just to create new cards that aren't nations that have effects.
Two things about cards that make designing a game easier is that they are already seperated into Seasons and Regions. i.e. Support cards could be built around those two factors.
Hallo Ich bin eine Puppe aus Nieblham
Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut, bitte helfen mich

Recusant > Solarism. Ich bin Kaiserlike. Osphen ist eine Fälschung

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:44 pm

There is really no goal in the tradings card, and there is not supposed to goal.
your suggestion is not really compatible with that spirit.

And beside, only the big card farmers would be able to create good deck. and the Tradings card are not supposed to be a farm to win.

people like me would stand no chance.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Return to Trading Cards