NATION

PASSWORD

Kylarnatia's Trading Card Bazaar [Open for Business!]

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Kylarnatia's Trading Card Bazaar [Open for Business!]

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:15 pm

Kylarnatia's Trading Card Bazaar
Trades | Auctions | Collections
Store Status: Open for Business!

Under the shadow of a mighty pyramid, you come across a quaint looking bazaar full of many odd ends and trinkets. You look around and can't seem to find the shopkeeper, so you amuse yourself with the many weird and wonderful items you come across as you're loitering around. Then you see them: Trading Cards, all neatly kept and protected in binders at the back. As you flick through the pages and your eyes widen at the sight of the card you've been looking for, you hear a sudden noise that sounds a lot like chirping, but you're honestly not quite sure what it is. Startled, you turn towards the noise, suddenly noticing a rather plump-looking platypus sitting upon a makeshift throne, a bright red fez atop it's head.

"Welcome, welcome! You wants to buy or trades cards, yes?" The platypus talks to you, and you suddenly begin to wonder whether you got drunk and took mushrooms again. It smiles at you - at least, you think it's smiling - expecting a reply. After an awkward few seconds of silence, it speaks to you again.

"Ack, where are me manners. I be Kylarnatia, the Rare Nile Platypus, and this is me humble bazaar. I sell many odd thing, but mostly I sell cards. You wants to buy or trades cards?" It smiles at you again. You begin to open your mouth in order to try and attempt a response, but before you can do so the Rare Nile Platypus descends from it's throne and happily makes it way over to where you're standing. The shock slowly subsiding, you kneel down so you can hear exactly what the strange yet so far pleasant creature has to say to you.

"Tell me, friend, what will be?"

Trades
Current Listing of Cards up for Trades (Updated 22-06-19)

To trade, you'll have to let me know which card you would like to trade for (Please note: The cards will also likely be up for auction, so check it isn't already in the process of being sold before you ask for it, and if it isn't, ask quickly before it is!). In theory you are welcome to make me any offer you wish, but if you want to have any chance of me agreeing to said trade, you're best off offering me cards I'm interested in (check out the 'Collections' section below) or offering me cards of equal or greater value to the Junk Price of the card(s) you wish from me.

If I agree to your offer, I will remove the card from the Bazaar Collection (and from auction if it's up) and hold it for you. As we will have to use the Gift function to complete the trade, this is how it will work:
  • If we both have the necessary bank balance to carry out the 'Trade', you will gift me your card(s) first, then once I have received them I will gift you the card(s) you asked for in return. This is to ensure that I'm not cheated out of a transaction;
  • If either you or I for whatever reason don't have the necessary bank balance to carry out the 'Trade' but I've locked in your offer, I will hold onto the card(s) for you until I do have the correct balance, and then I will be in touch. Likewise I expect you to do the same: if you sell the card(s) you offered, the deal will either have to be renegotiated or will be scrapped. You of course have the right to do this, but I ask that you let me know if things change.

Once a Trade is agreed and locked in, I will make a public note of it and it can only be undone if you request it. Before it is locked in however, bare in mind that someone else might be making me an offer (if it isn't public already, I'll likely let you know this is the case), so even if I like your offer don't assume it to be a done deal until I say otherwise, so make the offer one I simply can't refuse!

If I get multiple good offers and can't decide between any of them, we'll have a straight run-off Auction (details below).

Auctions
Current Listing of Cards up for Auction (Updated 22-06-19)

Another option you have is to go straight to Auction and buy it outright. Please be aware that prices are non-negotiable - I aim to be fair and consistent in my pricing structure, but I'm not looking to necessarily sell fast and cheap. The reason for this is in order for this to work, I need to maintain a healthy stream of bank in order to make Trades, build my own Collections and increase my own Deck Capacity. If you want to go for someone who's selling cheaper than me, you're of course at liberty to do so, but don't waste my time by trying to haggle me down.

All of my price's are based on the estimated Market Value of the card, and then marked up in price by the following percentages:
  • Legendary Cards will be marked up by 25% and rounded to the nearest whole number;
  • Epic Cards will be marked up by 20% and rounded to the nearest whole number;
  • Ultra Rare Cards will be marked up by 15% and rounded to the nearest whole number;
  • Rare Cards will be marked up by 10% and rounded to the nearest whole number;
  • Uncommon Cards will be marked up by 5% and rounded to the nearest whole number.

Common Cards will not be sold unless in a run-off Auction (explained below). All mark-ups are rounded up or down to the nearest whole number (e.g. if an Ultra Rare Card has a Market Value of 0.30 and the mark-up is 15%, the mark-up comes out as +0.045, which gets rounded up to +0.05). Prices will be reviewed whenever possible to ensure that they accurately reflect the estimated Market Value and subsequent mark-up.

Run-off Auctions: In the event that a card I'm offering up for Trade receives a high amount of interest and I can't decide between any of the offers, I will put it to a run-off Auction. When this happens I will put the card in question up for auction at its Junk Price, at which point I will inform the interested parties and the auctioning will commence. I understand this won't be ideal for all because of the difference in time zones, but unfortunately there is little I can do about that. I'm a Rare Nile Platypus, not a wizard.

Of course also bare in mind that in all auctions there is a risk of outside buyers (i.e. people who don't engage in this thread) swooping in and out-bidding you. There's nothing I can do to prevent this.

Collections

Obviously, one of the biggest elements of the whole Trading Card minigame is collecting said cards. These reasons may be rationalised or they may be arbitrary. Whatever the case is for you, my hope is that we can help accommodate each other's collection habits. To that end, this section will let you know what cards in particular I'm interested in, as well as the sorts of cards I collect purely for the purpose of trading or selling on through this Bazaar.

Cards I Collect To Keep

Collections:
  1. The Gothic Lords [22/22]: These cards are of all the nations resident in the roleplaying region of Gholgoth, also my home. As it stands this collection is complete. I'd be interested in owning duplicates, which I then may be willing to Trade or Auction at a later date. However, if there aren't any duplicates, the cards are not up for either Trade or Auction;
  2. P2TM Roleplay Mentors[10/10]: Complete Collection. Duplicates welcome.
  3. N&I Roleplay Mentors [11/13]: As it says, these cards are of all the players who currently serve as N&I Roleplay Mentors on the forums. I have a few, but I'm still looking for the following: Lamoni and Kyrusia. As above, I'd be happy to get duplicates, but if I only have one copy then I intend to hold onto it.
  4. The Issue Editors [7/17]: Looking for Sanctaria, Zwangzug, Luna Amore, Ransium, Nation of Quebec, Gnejs, USS Monitor, Frieden-und Freudenland, Candlewhisper Archive and Helaw.
  5. The Admins and Moderators [1/24]: Newest collection. Still lots to go, as you can see.
  6. The RP Crowd: Roleplayers who I've either roleplayed with and consider good friends/acquaintances or roleplayers who I've encountered and follow.
  7. The Land That Was Kemet: Any Ancient Egyptian-themed cards.
  8. Kitties! Meowlings! Cattos!: I like cats. All cat-themed cards welcome.

Click here to also look at the cards I'm currently asking for. Gifts are of course appreciated, but not expected. :)

Cards I Collect to Trade and/or Auction
  • Staff / Site Volunteer Cards not covered in the above;
  • Class Nation Cards;
  • Cards of nations based in noteworthy RP or GP regions not covered in the above;
  • Ex-Nation Cards;
  • 'Quirky' Cards - These could be cards based on cultural or meta references.

Essentially, any and all cards people seem to be interested in. If you are interested in particular types of cards, you can of course let me know and I'll keep an eye out for them, but that's no guarantee that I'll reserve them exclusively for you.

Bazaar Rules & Disclaimer

If it wasn't already obvious, this is all meant to be in the spirit of fun and giving me something to do with the Trading Card mini-game since I've come to enjoy it. To that end, while I've given this quite a formal structure due to my wish for fairness and so that things are clear, I want you to have fun with this too. If you're likely to get super upset or salty over the fact I won't accept your Trade or that you missed out on an Auction, then this likely isn't the place for you.

In the spirit of transparency I will make it clear that I do use puppets to collect cards, which are housed in the region of Ipet Sawet (which, fun fact, is Ancient Egyptian for The Most Select of Places). If that bothers you then I understand, but since I've read mentions of people using puppets in the thousands to farm cards, I don't think my ten are that egregious. Still, if it bothers you, you're best off looking elsewhere.

Other then that, there are just some simple ground rules:
  • Be Nice - If you can't have fun with this idea or with other people who engage in this thread, I will be forced to blacklist you and ignore any future posts from you;
  • Have Fun - Again, while I've set out a structure so as to be orderly and fair, this isn't meant to be serious. Have fun with making Trade offers / getting involved in Auctioning; feel free to do some light roleplay with the Rare Nile Platypus if you want, but...;
  • Respect the Platypus
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:21 pm

OP has been updated as new cards have been put up for Auction and/or added to the Bazaar Collection: This includes a few new Epics as well as a Legendary! Thanks to the generosity of Rom I was also able to complete my collection of cards for nations of Gholgoth, which has made me very happy indeed. :3

In terms of the "N&I Roleplay Mentor" Collection, the outstanding cards I have to collect are Lubyak, Sunset, The Macabees, Lamoni and Kyrusia.
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!

Ter Voland
Secretary

Founded: Feb 14, 2018
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Ter Voland » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:44 pm

I highly recommend doing business with Kylarnatia. I'm very satisfied.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:39 pm

Ter Voland wrote:I highly recommend doing business with Kylarnatia. I'm very satisfied.

<Happy Playtpus sounds> :3

OP has been updated with new information RE: my collections and cards I'm interested in. Also updated my auctions and Bazaar Collection lists.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Updated after a long absence due to thesis writing and just general busy life stuff: got some new collections on the go, and many more cards up for trade/auction. Take a look!

Also updated some details re: pricing.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:58 am

Collections, Auctions and Trades updated.

Guard Captain
Secretary

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Guard Captain » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Your Epic prices are shockingly bad. I understand you want a profit off your cards but some of those you'll never sell at their current prices unless I get very bored and go above 0.59 bids. There's a lot of epics on your Asks that you'll never sell unless you drop their prices.
Last edited by Guard Captain on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Guard Captain wrote:Your Epic prices are shockingly bad. I understand you want a profit off your cards but some of those you'll never sell at their current prices unless I get very bored and go above 0.59 bids. There's a lot of epics on your Asks that you'll never sell unless you drop their prices.

*sad Platypus noises*

I'm well aware. I'm not looking to be "competitive" or min-max this game, just doing my own thing. I'm prepared to wait, and build up a nicely sized back-catalogue. Who knows, there might be a 'flash sale' in future when Season Two rolls around. I also keep an eye on the Marketplace and will adjust prices accordingly when I feel like it.

Really, this is all just for fun to help me in my quest to build my collections. You're welcome to either help out by paying the extra or engaging in trades (which people have done in the past, which I'm grateful for), or not, and that's fine too. :)
Last edited by Kylarnatia on Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guard Captain
Secretary

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Guard Captain » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Kylarnatia wrote:Really, this is all just for fun to help me in my quest to build my collections. You're welcome to either help out by paying the extra or engaging in trades (which people have done in the past, which I'm grateful for), or not, and that's fine too. :)

I'll go mad on your Asks eventually. You're cheaper than Fris, and i've bought half his deck so far.

Do you have a list of cards you want? I don't see any bids.
Last edited by Guard Captain on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:44 am

Guard Captain wrote:I'll go mad on your Asks eventually. You're cheaper than Fris, and i've bought half his deck so far.

Do you have a list of cards you want? I don't see any bids.

I have my collections listed above in the OP as well as a list of card-types I'm open to which should give you a good idea of what I'm interested in.

I guess I probably could make "placeholder bids" on a lot of them so people know I'm interested.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:32 am

Dabberwocky wrote:I would like to buy the Lubyak card

Woops! That wasn't actually meant to be in that list...think I had two at one point, but I sold the other one. Sorry about that.

If I end up getting another dropped on me though, I'll make sure to drop you a line. :)

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:34 am

Need to come back and update a lot of this following the release of Season Two, but in the meantime: I've decided to sell off a lot of my Season One cards that have been sitting in the Bazaar Collection for a while, so we're having what you could say is a bit of a flash sale! Most are going for Junk Price or only slightly above; the majority are already matched, so grab them before they're gone!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards