NATION

PASSWORD

Why are there so many people bidding below junk value?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Why are there so many people bidding below junk value?

Postby Ponderosa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 am

Title speaks for itself. Are they hoping someone will accidentally sell to them at well below market value? If I can junk an epic for 0.50, why would I sell it to you for 0.01?

Doesn't make sense to me, but a lot of people seem to be doing it.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:54 am

It's a placeholder. By having a bid on a card, it automatically shows up on your page=deck/show_trades=auctions page the instant someone matches bids with asks.

I have 0.04 bids on all Legendaries, so any time one comes on sale, I get to watch the entire auction.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erratica
Secretary

Founded: Jan 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Erratica » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 am

Sometimes I sell a card to myself at below junk price just to get it on the current auction screen to hopefully be outbid, if this happens I have a bid at below junk price left over untill I cancel it.
But placeholders are mainly it, if you have one were someone has a bid on it I think might be worth telegraming them.

Return to Trading Cards