NATION

PASSWORD

Nations Get Their Own Card

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Nations Get Their Own Card

Postby Escade » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 pm

I'd like to suggest that nations can get their own cards (not as a pack) but by default. Our cards exist because of us so it makes sense that we would have our own card at least.

Tessen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tessen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Automatically getting your own nation card would kill the spirit of the card game. What fun is building a collection of cards you want, if you don't have to go through the challenge of finding or bidding on it?

Director of the American Union and American Independent States roleplay regions.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Tessen wrote:Automatically getting your own nation card would kill the spirit of the card game. What fun is building a collection of cards you want, if you don't have to go through the challenge of finding or bidding on it?

This is your own personal card, not someone else’s card. There’s a huge difference of having a random guy’s card and having a card dedicated to you.

Tessen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tessen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 pm

And again, I refer back to my previous comment.

Various players are likely to get your card in their packs. If you want your own card, you could easily put out a bid to buy it from them. This is the nature of a card-collecting game -- you work hard to acquire the cards you want, whether that be your own card, or another cool card reflecting someone else's nation.

Director of the American Union and American Independent States roleplay regions.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Kinda sucks in my opinion... for example, you have to buy a statue named after you. That’s just... kinda mean. I know they’re totally different things but come on...

Mabye
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mabye » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:22 am

Some nations will inherently get a rarer and more valuable card so this wouldn't seem very fair.

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Mabye wrote:Some nations will inherently get a rarer and more valuable card so this wouldn't seem very fair.

And some will get a common like me. First I bought one, than I got one from issues.
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Pursuit of Happiness
Secretary

Founded: Oct 21, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pursuit of Happiness » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 am

Partly inspired by this thread and wanting to do a more meaningful form of charity, I have started bidding on cards to gift back to thier nations. Everyone* deserves a copy of their own nation

*My criteria in order of priority are:

1) Someone who is bidding for the first copy of their own card, was initially matched, but then out-bid by others. People who do that are just mean and if I see that, as a priority, one of my nations will try to win the auction to gift the card just so justice is restored. Card Defenders unite! 8)

2) Someone who is bidding for the first copy of their own card for at least junk price.

3) High in a stat I like and are active.

4) High in a stat I like. Gives me a goal

5) Active nations. Gifting is most appreciated if there is actually a person to notice it

I looked through my puppets and at the moments I have gifted back to owners:

Common: 21
Uncommon: 20
Rare: 11
Ultra rare: 20
Epic: 6
Legendary: 1

Hopefully this inspires others to do some 'card defending' and gifting too!
Last edited by Pursuit of Happiness on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Canyamel
Attaché

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Canyamel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:01 am

Pursuit of Happiness wrote:1) Someone who is bidding for the first copy of their own card, was initially matched, but then out-bid by others. People who do that are just mean and if I see that, as a priority, one of my nations will try to win the auction to gift the card just so justice is restored. Card Defenders unite!

I never bid for a card if they bid for their own card. I think everyone should do the exact same thing.

Pursuit of Happiness
Secretary

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pursuit of Happiness » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Pursuit of Happiness wrote:

Updated gift stats to the 3rd of February.

Common 21
Uncommon 20
Rare 13
Ultra Rare 29
Epic 33
Legendary 1

Total 117

I was focusing on mainly on epics this week.

Hope this inspires others to be charitable and gift cards back to the original nations.
Last edited by Pursuit of Happiness on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 pm

Going out and getting my cards has been part of the fun for me.

I def think you deserve your card though.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Pursuit of Happiness
Secretary

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pursuit of Happiness » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Common 21
Uncommon 20
Rare 13
Ultra Rare 29
Epic 33
Legendary 1

Total 117

Hope this inspires others to be charitable and gift cards back to the original nations.

Updated gift stats to the 10th of February.

Common 21
Uncommon 20
Rare 14
Ultra Rare 30
Epic 44
Legendary 1

Total 130

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:09 pm

I haven't seen the replies to this, oops!

I really appreciate the card game for all the players I know who enjoy the farming and such things :P However, I'm terribad at it so lol.

The cards charity thing seems very sweet and a nice project. I know regions are also doing card giveaways and things like that which could be fun too.

Pursuit of Happiness
Secretary

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pursuit of Happiness » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Common 21
Uncommon 20
Rare 13
Ultra Rare 29
Epic 33
Legendary 1

Total 117

Updated gift stats to the 10th of February.

Common 21
Uncommon 20
Rare 14
Ultra Rare 30
Epic 44
Legendary 1

Total 130

Updated gift stats to the 17th of February.

Common 23
Uncommon 20
Rare 15
Ultra Rare 32
Epic 52
Legendary 1

Total 143.

Nations deserve to get thier own card. I'll get yours eventually Escade!

Pursuit of Happiness/Codger
Last edited by Pursuit of Happiness on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pursuit of Happiness
Secretary

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Pursuit of Happiness » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm

A wonderful thing happened overnight!

With the help of some Adorable Kittens, I can declare that 91 of 99 (one nation does not have an card in the game) in the Top 100 most Cheerful nations own (or could own) their own card!. The reminders are all Legendaries and being Legendary is its own reward ;)

BIG SMILES FOR EVERYBODY!

-ALL Epics and below in the Top 100 Cheerfulness own (or could own) their own card
- 59 of the Top 100 Cheerfulness received their own card due to gifting. Special thanks to Adorable Kittens,The Stalker and Luna Amore for helping the last few I needed.
- 30 nations, including legends already owned their own card
- 2 nations could own their own card, but their deck capacity was full. My collection https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=3761 holds it for them for safekeeping until the day comes when I could gift them
- There were 8 remaining, all legends that do not own their own card. More happiness could be spared by gifting cards for another stat than by chasing legendaries. Being legendary is it's own reward!
- 1 nation in the Top 100 Cheerfulness was not have an existing card for Season 1.
Last edited by Pursuit of Happiness on Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Escade
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Super cool, Pursuit of Happiness!

Also special thanks to Bastiat\Aclion for giving me my card <3 <3 <3

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards