NATION

PASSWORD

Trading Card Rarity & Seasons Questions

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Forgotten Beauty
Civilian

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Trading Card Rarity & Seasons Questions

Postby Forgotten Beauty » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:06 am

Hey, so I saw the different seasons for the trading cards and I thought that was cool to have like the season 1, season 2, etc. But I was wondering how long each season is (one year, two?).

Second, I was also curious how cards rarities are decided, like is it how old your nation is, population, are you a NS Moderator/Issues editor..

And lastly, I'm curious if nation's rarities can increase over seasons if they have now acquired the requirements for rarities above, for example, I'm uncommon right now and I'm wondering if I get the requirements to be a Rare card would my card be rare in the next season? If not, I'd think that would be a cool concept to implement.

Thanks for your time, Have a Happy Holidays and New Year
~Forgotten Beauty

Blargoblarg
Minister

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:11 am

This is something I'm curious about as well.
Claudia De la Cruz 2024 Article about her here
Democrats and Republicans are both right-wing capitalists owned by the rich and the big corporations. Major media in the US is also owned by the rich and big corporations.
Major study finds that America is an oligarchy, not a democracy
"Workers of the world, unite!" -Marx and Engels
You can read The State and Revolution by Lenin for free here
My 8values results My leftvalues results
I am autistic.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 am

Seasons will probably be one year, with the card and it's rarity reflecting a snapshot of their accomplishments at the time the cards are created. However I don't think season two will be made one april first like season one, because the admins will want to do a new event. I suspect new seasons will start on new years, but for no reason then that that is the natural time for new season if it's an annual thing, and we don't have any events going on round now.
This is of course my own speculation, but i'd like to think that as the person who proposed the season system it's worth something.

As for how rarity is determined it seems to be based on stat badges, authorship badges, founder and site supporter status and staff, mentor, secretariat, delegate positions but not class nation status or a nations age(leaving aside the stats that increase with age).

These aren't valued equally though so I suspect it's either based on how many nations qualify for each(which at least lines up with stat badges, whose rarity is easy to determine). That or badges have been assigned some arbitrary value and the stat ones were just happened to be assigned values according to their rarity. Multiple badges seem to increase rarity linearly though, so I suspect each badges value is added together to give a total with nations; with higher totals being in higher tiers of rarity, though i'm not sure what the proportion of each tier is.

One thing that is clear (or was, back when we could see how many of each nations card had been found) is that while there are many more common nations then nations of higher tiers, a specific common nation is much less likely to appear in a card pack then a specific nation of a higher tier, meaning that the more "rare" a nation tier is, perversely, the more common it's card is. This is of course accelerated by people junking common cards, and collecting legendary cards.
Last edited by Aclion on Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Return to Trading Cards