NATION

PASSWORD

The Great Archive of Nations - Please give generously!

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
The Great Archive of Nations
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Great Archive of Nations - Please give generously!

Postby The Great Archive of Nations » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:19 pm

This post inaugurates the Great Archive of Nations, a non-profit institution whose purpose is to preserve the nations of NationStates by collecting and archiving their cards, with the aim of doing so for every nation and the objective of doing so for as many as possible.

The Great Archive of Nations is especially concerned with the archiving of ex-nation cards. These cards preserve ex-nations in far greater detail than elsewhere; their maintenance is therefore of great historical value for the NationStates community. It is also especially important, since these cards are the last of their kind and therefore irreplaceable.

Donations of cards to the Great Archive of Nations are appreciated, particularly those recording ex-nations. Funding will be maintained through the junking or auctioning of duplicate cards; the Great Archive of Nations will never junk or auction a card otherwise unrepresented in its collection.

Please give generously. Thank you.
Last edited by The Great Archive of Nations on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
To preserve what would be lost.

|| Please support the Great Archive of Nations by donating cards for preservation. ||

Currently not accepting donations due to deck overcapacity. Apologies to our supporters; please stand by for further announcements.

Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2012
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Guardians of the Holy Bowling Alley » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:27 pm

May this operation to preserve NationStates' great history be blessed with success.
|| Please support the Great Archive of Nations by donating cards for preservation. ||

The Former Conservative Conservative Party Candidate of 2016!

Breaking News: The Conservative Conservative Party is now inactive.

"Forwards is Backwards, and Backwards is Forwards!"

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:30 pm

If you decide to become inactive and CTE then your entire deck will also die....

All those beautiful ex-nations will die...

Please log in every so often for the good of the ex-nation community :p
Last edited by Destructive Government Economic System on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:00 am

This is a good plan. I might have to donate some ex-nations.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Archive of Nations » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Since the creation of the Great Archive of Nations, the number of cards in its vaults has swelled to 146. This level of support is both unexpected and welcome; we are extremely grateful to all who have donated thus far.

To build upon this success, the Great Archive of Nations has created an official signature element:

Code: Select all
[align=center]|[u]EƎ[/u]| Please support [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=456098]the Great Archive of Nations[/url] by donating cards for preservation. |[u]EƎ[/u]|[/align]

If you wish, one way that you can show your support for the Archive is to paste this into your signature, which will also serve to spread word of our work. Anybody who does has our thanks. (Any able to provide superior book character art are welcome to submit it.)
Last edited by The Great Archive of Nations on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Currently not accepting donations due to deck overcapacity. Apologies to our supporters; please stand by for further announcements.

Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:18 pm

https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... 2/season=1

Sadly, I cannot afford to gift, but I am gonna sell it for 0.02 pence.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:22 pm

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Archive of Nations » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Likar wrote:https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/card=2158908/season=1
0.03 pence.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... 5/season=1
0.04 pence also.

Technical difficulties unfortunately prevent us from bidding for the former card; thank you nonetheless.
Last edited by The Great Archive of Nations on Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Can you explain who is behind the great archive?
Just to give us an idea who will take care of all those precious cards we give away for free.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Riemstagrad wrote:Can you explain who is behind the great archive?
Just to give us an idea who will take care of all those precious cards we give away for free.

I suppose that does make sense... Hi! 'Tis me. (Writing in the plural was an affectation. Seems more 'institutiony'.)
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards