NATION

PASSWORD

[Suggestion] Using card system for regional badges

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

[Suggestion] Using card system for regional badges

Postby Weed » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 am

You should have known you'd get more than one question like this. :p

I can recall a frequent suggestion to allow regions to give out badges / trophies for special accomplishments in regions. This actually was a topic discussed long before we got trophies on our nation pages, as it was long a custom of R/D military regions to give badges for operations. Two threads on it I could quickly find: One and Two

Anyway this "Card" event felt like the core of what we suggested should occur. Where a regional Founder/Delegate/Officer could create a trophy (Card ID#) that had a text description (could replace the info pulled from nation description / issue results) and then assign it to nations (as cards were assigned upon opening loot boxes), which would then be view-able on a list page accessed from the nation page (deck page).

Therefore, I suggest when trading begins again we add a new class of cards (like common, uncommon, ... legendary) which would be "Regional". Founders/Regional Officers/Delegates could create these cards through some new mechanic and then choose which nations have earned the reward. They should have a junk value of 0.00 and could not be bought/sold. Therefore they have no effect on the card traders, but give Gameplayers a function we've wanted for ages.

Just noticed the similarity during the event so I thought I'd say something after.

Cheers, and good job on the event!
Last edited by Weed on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:05 am

This post was originally made in here in Technical, but I was sent here magically by Fris.

I just happened to notice that the core of the card event - specifically a bunch of images/text which are assigned to multiple nations and view-able through a page linked on their nation page felt like what we've asked for before.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Divitalia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 am

Weed wrote:This post was originally made in here in Technical, but I was sent here magically by Fris.

I just happened to notice that the core of the card event - specifically a bunch of images/text which are assigned to multiple nations and view-able through a page linked on their nation page felt like what we've asked for before.

Theoretically a region could make some nations and put them in an award region with the founder’s puppet, that way the region had some cards of the “award nations.” Obviously there’s a small chance of the region members getting the awards through RNG but the chances are slim enough that it’d work.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:16 am

I completely love this idea, Topid.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Return to Trading Cards