NATION

PASSWORD

A Thread Collection List: The Economics of Card Collecting

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

A Thread Collection List: The Economics of Card Collecting

Postby United Earthlings » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:07 pm

Forgive the odd thread title, the one I wanted to use didn't fit into the subject line, suffice to say before this little shin dig of the longest running NS April Fools event comes to an end, I thought a nice little collection area for all your card collecting memories would be a fitting end and to top it off one where you could brag about the best deals you were able to swing, the luck of the draw and the excitement of closing a sale at a nice profit.

So, to begin…

The highest card(s) I sold were two separate Epic cards at 6 each.

The most expansive card I purchased was the one and only Legendary Card I was able to secure at 13.01. It was also the most painful, annoying, frustrating and last, but not least most exciting purchase I made to finish rounding out my nice deck.

The most expansive card I ever saw for sell was one for Queen Yuno with a list price for 999.99. Not surprisingly no one ever bought into that blackmail and last I checked the sell offer had been rescinded, again not surprisingly.

All in all, I was able to complete my deck and have a nice bank of 14.73.

P.S. was anyone else stupid enough to use their bank funds to open their loot boxes sooner? Complete waste of funds if you ask me…curiosity didn't kill the cat, but it sure cost a cool penny.
Last edited by United Earthlings on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Memyselfani
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Memyselfani » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 pm

I pulled an epic that was the WA Delegate from Balder, and there was a 15.00 offer on it, so I sold it for that before I even got done opening my loot box. I also cherry picked a random legendary for like 7.00, put a 15.99 price on it and it sold the next day.

I'm collecting anarchy, and one legendary anarchy came up when I had a bunch of money from that latter, so I bought it for 25.00. It's one of only two legendary anarchy I have. I'm shopping for epic anarchy in the closing hours. At some point, I will start junking all the non anarchy cards I have, including several epics. I also managed to get an entire region of all anarchy nations. They're almost all rare, I probably paid a total of 10.00 for the 50 of them.
Last edited by Memyselfani on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:37 pm

United Earthlings wrote:The most expansive card I ever saw for sell was one for Queen Yuno with a list price for 999.99.

But it's not the most expensive card being sold right now. The Great Britainian Empire is currently trying to flog off an Erinor card for the low, low price of just 1,000 credits.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 pm

United Earthlings wrote:Forgive the odd thread title, the one I wanted to use didn't fit into the subject line, suffice to say before this little shin dig of the longest running NS April Fools event comes to an end, I thought a nice little collection area for all your card collecting memories would be a fitting end and to top it off one where you could brag about the best deals you were able to swing, the luck of the draw and the excitement of closing a sale at a nice profit.

So, to begin…

The highest card(s) I sold were two separate Epic cards at 6 each.

The most expansive card I purchased was the one and only Legendary Card I was able to secure at 13.01. It was also the most painful, annoying, frustrating and last, but not least most exciting purchase I made to finish rounding out my nice deck.

The most expansive card I ever saw for sell was one for Queen Yuno with a list price for 999.99. Not surprisingly no one ever bought into that blackmail and last I checked the sell offer had been rescinded, again not surprisingly.

All in all, I was able to complete my deck and have a nice bank of 14.73.

P.S. was anyone else stupid enough to use their bank funds to open their loot boxes sooner? Complete waste of funds if you ask me…curiosity didn't kill the cat, but it sure cost a cool penny.

This made me laugh xD
What I did was log into my other nations to collect cards instead
Lol

Also I do have a lot of nice memories from this card game ^-^
And some are hilarious

But I ended up friending a complete stranger (Opstan) who ended up helping me collect cards I wanted, which was awesome
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:02 pm

United Earthlings wrote:P.S. was anyone else stupid enough to use their bank funds to open their loot boxes sooner? Complete waste of funds if you ask me…curiosity didn't kill the cat, but it sure cost a cool penny.

Occasionally, yeah, on puppets.

I spent about 203 on loot boxes with this nation in the last 20 or so minutes. It was 113 boxes. Totally worth it for what limited time was left. Jumped from 928 to 1493 cards.

Added:

2 L; 11 E; 23 UR; 48 R; 118 UC; 363 C
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Trading Cards