NATION

PASSWORD

Musing about the card fever

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Musing about the card fever

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:24 am

Welcome to this thread. As well all know, the card trading will end up on Sunday, and then after that, we will have a stop of a week, before this becomes possibly permanent, but not with the rate of this week.

So, I decided to create this thread, to muse and commemorate about this card trade fever week of the first week of April, with Sunday being April Fool's. Indeed, you might call this too early, but I don't care. Anyway, back to the topic, you can talk about anything, like posting your deck, boasting what you have, talking about the past and future of this new feature, etc.

Also, i created a Cards Against NS game to countdown toward the end of this week. The link is here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=cardgame/gameid=8540
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:59 am

It is becoming a lot less like April Fools’ Day, given that a number of features became permanent — Conservative/Liberal themes, NationStates Z, Cards Against NationStates, Nuclear Apocalypse, and now NationStates Trading Cards.

Later we could take a cue from SkyscraperCity and create one-on-one tournaments of anything about NationStates politics.

Maybe even an Oscars-style awards event every year.

There is a lot we can do to expand NationStates further.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Ardrentt
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardrentt » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:21 am

Minoa wrote:Later we could take a cue from SkyscraperCity and create one-on-one tournaments of anything about NationStates politics.

I hesitate to imagine what's going to happen with that and don't think it'd be pretty, at least relative to what was a tournament about skyscraper look/design/location/position in culture, etc.

Ardrentt
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardrentt » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:22 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Welcome to this thread. As well all know, the card trading will end up on Sunday, and then after that, we will have a stop of a week, before this becomes possibly permanent, but not with the rate of this week.

So, I decided to create this thread, to muse and commemorate about this card trade fever week of the first week of April, with Sunday being April Fool's. Indeed, you might call this too early, but I don't care. Anyway, back to the topic, you can talk about anything, like posting your deck, boasting what you have, talking about the past and future of this new feature, etc.

I've kind of gotten tired of it, though I'm still in it, and my hope is to basically sell stuff for maybe a slight profit now/extreme profit if the demand is there.

But also if it's near the end, theeeeen well what does it matter?

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:26 am

After the first two days I got bored. I set out with the goal to get my card and now have seven copies. Once that goal had achieved, i didn't really know what to do. It was fun while I had something to work towards.
If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:07 am

Bumping this. Also, i start a new game to Countdown towards the end of the trade, since the trade will be over while I sleep: https://www.nationstates.net/page=cardgame/gameid=8547

Also, expect a new game few hours after the end if the card trade
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Since the card trade had been ended, I will post my new game, as promised: https://www.nationstates.net/page=cardgame/gameid=8550

Also people, please talk in here
My Dispatch

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Spent the majority of this week buying ex-nation cards. It'll be a hassle trying to count them all, but I'll survive it. Now that I know that ex-nation cards exist, I might try to see if mod-deleted cards are a thing as well...
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards