NATION

PASSWORD

NS Cards: Permanent Feature Update

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Max and mods go through it by hand, clearly.
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Die Erworbenen Namen wrote:Max and mods go through it by hand, clearly.

Max and the mods use a lovely algorithm that does all the work, thanks very much. And no, I'm not sharing it. A number of people have made reasonable guesses, but I'm not going to tell you who was close and who was wide of the mark.

Arasaelia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Ex-Nation cards that we already acquired.

Postby Arasaelia » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:06 pm

I understand the reasoning for deleting Ex-Nation cards in the future, however I think it would be VERY nice if nations who received Ex-Nation cards during the first Card Game could be able to keep their cards. I am a huge supporter of this because as it turns out, I have the only Legendary Ex-Nation card in existence to my knowledge, and I would HATE for it to be deleted. It is the most unique card in my opinion. So please let us keep our Ex-Nation cards but not include them to be found later on. Here is my Ex-Nation Legendary card. I don't want it deleted, and if you had it, neither would you. So please don't let it be deleted! https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/card=18072

Galactic Furs
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 13, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Galactic Furs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 pm

Why not something based in some sort of reality of trade of resources? As in NS2 had a whole economy based on such - they could be assigned to nations in what ever way the cards are. Thus, would need to collect all the needed resources - this would reduce chance of using puppet nations - as it would take effort to figure what way the resources distribute.

Realistic, don't expect you go this route, since it adds reality, and likely difficulties of a new method of distribution that determines nation resource.
Major Irish Setter, CEO
Firestar Septre Corporation of Galactic Furs

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Arasaelia wrote:I understand the reasoning for deleting Ex-Nation cards in the future, however I think it would be VERY nice if nations who received Ex-Nation cards during the first Card Game could be able to keep their cards. I am a huge supporter of this because as it turns out, I have the only Legendary Ex-Nation card in existence to my knowledge, and I would HATE for it to be deleted. It is the most unique card in my opinion. So please let us keep our Ex-Nation cards but not include them to be found later on. Here is my Ex-Nation Legendary card. I don't want it deleted, and if you had it, neither would you. So please don't let it be deleted! https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/card=18072

I don’t think anyone has talked about taking away your ex-nation cards. The change would prevent you from drawing an ex-nation card.

Any card could potentially be an ex-nation in time.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Die Erworbenen Namen wrote:Max and mods go through it by hand, clearly.

Max and the mods use a lovely algorithm that does all the work, thanks very much. And no, I'm not sharing it. A number of people have made reasonable guesses, but I'm not going to tell you who was close and who was wide of the mark.

Its okay to come clean, we all know your algorithm was to let some of the server hamsters run free in a back up of the data base and a nation's rarity was determined based on how many server hamsters had chewed on it at the end of the day. Frankly I think it's a bit irresponsible of you guys. The techies should know better than to let server hamsters have access to so much data at once, it causes them to gorge themselves which slows down the servers.
Last edited by The Corparation on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Wolfhawk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Wolfhawk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:22 pm

honestly I just want my nations card

Server Hamsters
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Server Hamsters » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 pm

The Corparation wrote:Its okay to come clean, we all know your algorithm was to let some of the server hamsters run free in a back up of the data base and a nation's rarity was determined based on how many server hamsters had chewed on it at the end of the day. Frankly I think it's a bit irresponsible of you guys. The techies should know better than to let server hamsters have access to so much data at once, it causes them to gorge themselves which slows down the servers.

Base libel. Our diet is nothing more or less than Red Bull and Doritos.

Those cards taste flat. They are flat, come to think of it.

No Worries
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby No Worries » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:37 pm

One loot box per nation every 48 hours

By design, there are 4 issues per 24hs, thus, either one loot box of 4 cards every 24hs or 8 cards every 48hs. I don't understand this rush to have it all as soon as possibile. NS is long-term game, so either you stay long and slowly collect the cards, or you are here for short-term thus cards are irrelevant for you.
Last edited by No Worries on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:46 am

Would be interesting if the the card concept was somehow combined with the challenge battle system...

*one-lines a suggestion that'd probably take a month to implement*
Last edited by Khanatah on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Blab
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Blab » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Nationstates the Gathering wrote: . . . <snip> . . . One example might look like this:
    Just an example...
  • Sunday: All Nations get a Loot Box
  • Tuesday: All Nations Supporter Level or Higher get a Loot Box
  • Thursday: All WA Nations get a Loot Box
  • Saturday: Selective Loot Box day - "All nations >2 billion pop" or perhaps A randomly selected criteria that changes on a weekly basis to reward different nations with a bonus loot box-
. . . <snip> . . .
First, I want to thank all those who made this wonderful event possible. It was a lot of coding and it worked really well for a first time trial. I had a blast.

Although I developed an addiction to the cards game I think part of its charm was the novelty. I think it should be limited to an annual week long event [jk](please, not around USA tax time as it was this year)[/jk] with trading allowed during the times that new packs aren't being released. *ducks all the stones being thrown by fellow addicts* However, if the decision is made to continue the game year round, I vote for the schedule listed in the quote but instead of 4 deck drops weekly, each deck drop is one week apart: 1st week - all nations; 2nd week- site supporters, etc.

In defense of us non-WA folk, I struggled with the issues to get all 27 WA types in my puppets before Qaalochoura posted the key and I don't want any of them changed by WA resolutions so please don't use that as a requirement to get more decks.

In defense of puppets, by the time I looked up from collecting regional cards and started looking for some of my former region-mates and long lost mods, they were priced so high, even if I junked my entire deck, I couldn't have paid for them without help from my puppets. Some of us weren't trying to game the system -- we were just trying to get enough bank to afford "photos" from our past (pre-2005). I also used some puppet nations as sorters for certain types of cards.

Thanks for letting us know how the ex-nation cards were derived since I searched long and hard for Citizania, Neutered Sputniks, The Most Glorious Hack, Lobistica, to name a few; I don't feel so bad for failing to find them, now.

Finally, I still pour over my deck. It's like National Geographic -- taking a trip around the world without leaving your armchair. So many regions I'd never heard of and so many nations with wonderful flags! THANKS, NS coders, [violet] and Max!!! :clap: :bow: :clap:

Celledora
Secretary

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Celledora » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:50 pm

I think that the idea to help stop puppet farming is good, it's really unfair because some people don't have puppets and don't need them.
[color=#000080]call me queen Bella[/color]
[color=#0040FF]I am just a random death unicorn.[/color]

No Worries
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby No Worries » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 pm

If there is deck size limit, what will be the limit and what will happen to those who have cards over the limit?

Avalon
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Avalon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 am

No Worries wrote:If there is deck size limit, what will be the limit and what will happen to those who have cards over the limit?

I'm curious as well, but I really, really like the idea of a deck size limit.
Read our Factbook, listen to our Anthem. "In serving each other, we become free"
-------
Canarian/Canary Islander, secessionist, moderate leftist and an Anglophile IRL.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:41 am

Have to say i'm HIGHLY against the idea of a Deck-Size limit. What if my goal was specifically to gather as many (X) Cards as possible, and i would have to exceed the limit for whatever reason? Do i have to resort to putting them in a puppet deck to make it work? It seems impractical and limiting.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Night Furia
Civilian

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Night Furia » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:39 am

I wish the card decks could be open again

Freed Vale
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Vale » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Liking the idea.

Not liking the puppets. The only reason I had three other nations was just for aesthetic, but I'm not even active on them, so let their impending doomsday fall upon them like the hammer of Thor! (or whatever you believe in. I don't care. I just did the reference.)

So fix it like so:
Make it to where if its an alternate linked to the same email, the oldest, non-ex-nation gets to collect cards. This requires email verification, yes, but it makes it worth it. Do the same with nations with the same or relatively same passwords.
A 2.16666 15 score civilization hell if I can calculate correctly, according to this index.

"Just going to let you know this:
Your justifications are wrong, your timing is off, don't let that offset you from your goal. You can fix it. We all can. Something delayed? That's fine! You just have to believe in yourself when it comes to creating a new NationState or something relative. Maybe even a new issue if required! Don't stop and eventually, you'll succeed."
- Minister of Stability, "Remai"

DrBozoralf
Civilian

Founded: Oct 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby DrBozoralf » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 pm

How about someone creates a feature of a customizable map for your country and have it work with your region. I've always wanted to design my borders and it could be turned into a basis for creating virtual territory and deciding were major cities could be placed and etc. :)
The Leader of The Constitutional Republic of DrBozoralf, and Founder of the Powerful Region Utahconservative approves of this message.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Freed Vale wrote:Make it to where if its an alternate linked to the same email, the oldest, non-ex-nation gets to collect cards.

Not technically possible at this point.

DrBozoralf wrote:How about someone creates a feature of a customizable map

This forum is all about the collectible card game. Maps have nothing to do with that. Go look around Factbooks and National Information for roleplay stuff like maps.

Castelos
Secretary

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.

Postby Castelos » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:33 pm

I must say, with the anticipation of the update, I feel the longer we wait, the better the game will surely be, i'd rather wait longer than compromise on the games overall success and it becoming just a wet dream to be forgotten about.

Gallifrey Trenzalore
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gallifrey Trenzalore » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm

In regard to the dilemma of puppet farms ...

What if ...
Each player could have exactly 1 nation either in the WA or on the list of WA eligible nonmembers. The practical outcome would be as if the WA had 2 chambers, 1 that works like now and 1 that has no impact other than allowing you a designated main nation.

Then, for games, you could limit participation to nations that are on 1 list or the other.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Gallifrey Trenzalore wrote:What if ...

Something like that has been proposed multiple times in Technical. It's not on the agenda at the moment, though some other ideas may eventually turn up.

People like their puppets and puppetry during events. Realistically, that's not going away anytime soon.

Belltown CSO
Civilian

Founded: Dec 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Belltown CSO » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Maybe some of us nations can volunteer to NOT get trading cards, if that would help enhance the game in some way for the majority. I can provide my list of nations so none of them get trading cards, if that helps. I got many nations. :hug: but contact me by telegram cuz i'm no good at reading forums plz.

Mahalo

Krakatue
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krakatue » Tue May 01, 2018 6:17 am

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:How about tying the Loot Box obtaining rate to the Issues rate? Say, you get a new Loot Box every four or six hours?

Either that or make them the way to old issues worked. Like gaining 1 Loot Box at 0700 and 1300 (1:00 pm for those who don't understand a 24-hour clock)
Haunted Wasteland of Krakatue

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards