NATION

PASSWORD

Lets look at the facts: N-day 2021 was Horrible. HORRIBLE.

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:11 pm

I fired around 2000 nukes this year, a personal low I think, even though I was in The Potato Alliance. I only hit one nation, but I had to use every nuke I had to do so. Most of my N-Day was spent playing Neverwinter Nights 2 while I waited to stockpile nukes. I made my one shot count though! :P
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Haremm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haremm » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Anisop wrote:Maybe we need to cap the factions, and force factions to co-operate (that´s what discord is for)?

Having a faction cap would just lead to big factions dominating the Faction Leaderboard with their puppets
Last year's PA/AP strategy of hopping into other factions was fun though

Haremm does not necessarily reflect my personal views and opinions.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:29 pm

I am genuinely upset that the news post has failed to acknowledge that the extremely lopsided victory of Crabs of the Apocalypse is a genuine cause for concern about the current rules and mechanics of the Nuclear Apocalypse.

This year was not a good game: a complete opposite, in fact.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Apabeossie
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Apabeossie » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:36 am

Same with Minoa.

We'll see if Barry does something next N-day. If neither the mechanics nor the megafactions change, I doubt most people will be interested in N-day anymore.
✵ Your guide to Apabeossie ✵
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” -Les Mis Finale

Yahlia wrote:Surely everyone likes penguins? Who doesn't like penguins? I refuse to believe there are people out there who have an opinion of them worse than 'indifferent'

Einswenn wrote:For me it always was and is obscure why would people be so blind and shortsighted to allow themselves unsolicited hate. I’ve already posted this before: take care of your own life, live your own life, and don’t tell the others how they should live theirs

Dizgovzy wrote:Please go read a book or play outside instead of spending your youth behind a computer screen. Don’t waste your time on this site.

New Skandenivia wrote:AFAB ❌
AMAB ❌
Apab ✅

Auspicious Clouds
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Auspicious Clouds » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:59 am

Minoa wrote:I am genuinely upset that the news post has failed to acknowledge that the extremely lopsided victory of Crabs of the Apocalypse is a genuine cause for concern about the current rules and mechanics of the Nuclear Apocalypse.

Now now... it was fun.... for me.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:03 am

Apabeossie wrote:Same with Minoa.

We'll see if Barry does something next N-day. If neither the mechanics nor the megafactions change, I doubt most people will be interested in N-day anymore.

Record participation this year. It's the small regions getting shafted, sure, but the bigger factions are bringing in players bigger and better than ever. Plus of course the site set new records for most categories, but that is more because of the puppet arms race intensifying rather than anything else. Changing the score formula might be ideal (as that's the reason the little factions get bullied) - but I'm struggling to think of a way that isn't totally exploitable.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Porde
Attaché

Founded: Mar 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Porde » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:13 am

I was destroyed by crabs' puppets. It is so irritating. But, I don't give a shit because it is the first time I have parcitipated for such an exciting event. After Z-day this is the second thing makes NS interesting.
tbh.
Azerbaijani, he/him, kind of incredibly weird (often cases)

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 am

Minoa wrote:I am genuinely upset that the news post has failed to acknowledge that the extremely lopsided victory of Crabs of the Apocalypse is a genuine cause for concern about the current rules and mechanics of the Nuclear Apocalypse.

Don't worry. I'm sure the AA will return next year to restore normality.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Convergent Evolution
Civilian

Founded: Sep 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Convergent Evolution » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:23 am

Flanderlion wrote:Record participation this year. It's the small regions getting shafted, sure, but the bigger factions are bringing in players bigger and better than ever. Plus of course the site set new records for most categories, but that is more because of the puppet arms race intensifying rather than anything else.

...Except it actually didn't, at least not by the stats Max has posted since N3. When he said N6 set almost all new records, I checked out of curiosity and... it set only one:

Standing Records:

Factions: 826 by N3 (N6 = 564, beaten also by N4 at 574)
Nations: 38,693 by N5 (N6 = 32,743)
Targets: 4,359,585 by N5 (N6 = 3,247,651)
Launches: 3,715,752 by N5 (N6 = 2,751,847)
Blocks: 1,800,098 by N5 (N6 = 704,807)
Strikes: 2,047,432 (set by N6, previous holder was N5 at 1,916,864)
Radiation: 1,536,382 by N5 (N6 = 1,473,601)

Were it not for Ba Sing Se's perfect defense in N5, it's possible that season's strike record would have beaten N6's.

N6 was most definitely the second largest N-Day by almost every metric, but N5 actually still holds the crown for the overall largest N-Day of all going by the presented numbers. This isn't a bad thing for N6 or future N-Days, but it's not accurate to defend N6's controversies by saying it saw more numbers/activity than any previous N-Day.

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:48 am

CoraSpia wrote:

Don't worry. I'm sure the AA will return next year to restore normality.

That is something that cannot be guaranteed, which is why there is now a serious movement to reform the rules and mechanics so that the Nuclear Apocalypse can be more resilient against multiple superfactions having to take a break, as it happened this year.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:33 am

Yeah, I agree that N-day this time around sucked. Not as bad as Z-Day, which quite frankly in my opinion should be retired for a while, but I do feel that when the Crabs take up the top 10 positions and act as one ginormous super-faction, I think a problem definitely is there.

I'm not sure how to best resolve that, though.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:57 pm

It probably was overkilled tbh lol. Considering Horsemen held 1st for the first 13hours of N-day 2020, with no nonaggression pacts while fighting all of NS, soon as it was confirmed we'd be merging with Crabs this year I knew how it turn out. Just like this, a total slaughterfest.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm

Apabeossie wrote:Same with Minoa.

If they are, they'll just join the bigger factions resulting in an even bigger unrivaled alliance.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Hammer Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hammer Republic » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:22 pm

This is why we need some rule changes.
I should be able to get through N-Day 2022 without Crabs raping my nations with nukes.
Imagine if the Hurricania Imperium and Tornado Queendom merged with the British Empire and a Sino-Soviet Union, and the CSA. Oh, and they really like Pink Floyd.
Not to be confused with Hammer Britannia.

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chingis » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:49 pm

CoraSpia wrote:Don't worry. I'm sure the AA will return next year to restore normality.

The AA coming back is unlikely to have any major effect on N Day short of getting some more score to farm onto the board. Even if we do decide to spice up the event a little bit next year by splitting up the faction a little, AA is still unwelcome anywhere atm and is unlikely to be welcome anywhere next year.
1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:38 am

Id have to say, I mever expected there to be summer posters/dedicated fash groups, but instead I saw several fashgroups rise up being being promptly wiped while revealing thatthey are, somehow, still in full swing. Perhaps moderation will catch up to them eventually.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41