NATION

PASSWORD

Recording statistics during the event

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.
August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Recording statistics during the event

Postby August » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:14 pm

I wrote a script that will record the scores and nation counts of every faction at five-minute intervals during the event. Afterward, I will publish all the data in CSV format, so you can make graphs in Excel or any other program that suits your fancy!

If you want the CSV file for your faction to include all possible data, including radiation, nukes, shields, and so on, please post the name of the host region (not the name of the faction) below. Each one is an extra API call, so I am doing this on request, not by default.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:19 pm

August wrote:I wrote a script that will record the scores and nation counts of every faction at five-minute intervals during the event. Afterward, I will publish all the data in CSV format, so you can make graphs in Excel or any other program that suits your fancy!

If you want the CSV file for your faction to include all possible data, including radiation, nukes, shields, and so on, please post the name of the host region (not the name of the faction) below. Each one is an extra API call, so I am doing this on request, not by default.

Yes!! Requesting one for Army of Freedom.
IC WA Diplomat Josiah Garrett
Author of GA #414 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care) and GA #456 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care II)

Army of Freedom medals received:
N-Day² Medals -- N-Day³ Medals -- N-Day⁴ Medals
Z-Day6 Medals

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 pm

August wrote:I wrote a script that will record the scores and nation counts of every faction at five-minute intervals during the event. Afterward, I will publish all the data in CSV format, so you can make graphs in Excel or any other program that suits your fancy!

I might do the request after the event, for the Top 10 and Bottom 10 factions if possible. Will let you know again! ^^

EDIT 1: If it is not too much trouble, do you think you can do an API call for all the factions? I know there are 300+ of them, so if that is not doable or takes too much time, I am still content with a much more limited set of factions.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Epriirno
Civilian

Founded: Jun 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Epriirno » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Can we get one for The City of Ba Sing Se? Please and thank you!
-_- Apparently, I don't know how to sign into my main when looking at the forum after a day of switching puppets. So, Edited to say that this is Rigel.
Last edited by Epriirno on Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vincey
Civilian

Founded: Sep 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Vincey » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am

Hello! I needed the data for the top 10 highest nation factions. however i saw this thread too late sadly. Do you by any chance have the data for any of these Factions:
Horsemen of the Apocalypse
An Alliance of Potatoes
Augustin Alliance
Ba Sing Se
CRAB
A.T.O.M.I.C
Fuster Cluck Coalition
Bad Life Choices
The Army of Freedom
BENIAN alliance

August
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby August » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:58 am

Only AoF posted in time, but there were six factions I recorded anyway for my own interest. Before the event, I was telling Stalker I would almost put money on the AA to win--and now I wish I had, because I kind of predicted the leaderboard. I have detailed CSVs for the top five (AA, PA, BSS, CRAB, and FCC) and last place (HotA). I also have AoF as requested. All other factions only have nation count and scores.

Unfortunately, it seems that my script stopped recording at 21:12 for no apparent reason, so nearly five hours of data are missing. I wish I had noticed, but I was a little preoccupied with winning at the time. Maybe next year I will ease off with the event itself and focus more on statistics and experimentation.

Shout-out to the Horsemen for being a pain in the neck and founding two factions out of the same region, filling their CSV file with randomly-alternating rows of junk data, which I had to delete.

Here is the folder containing all the files--enjoy! All times are in EDT (UTC - 4).
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:13 am

August wrote:Only AoF posted in time, but there were six factions I recorded anyway for my own interest. Before the event, I was telling Stalker I would almost put money on the AA to win--and now I wish I had, because I kind of predicted the leaderboard. I have detailed CSVs for the top five (AA, PA, BSS, CRAB, and FCC) and last place (HotA). I also have AoF as requested. All other factions only have nation count and scores.

Unfortunately, it seems that my script stopped recording at 21:12 for no apparent reason, so nearly five hours of data are missing. I wish I had noticed, but I was a little preoccupied with winning at the time. Maybe next year I will ease off with the event itself and focus more on statistics and experimentation.

Shout-out to the Horsemen for being a pain in the neck and founding two factions out of the same region, filling their CSV file with randomly-alternating rows of junk data, which I had to delete.

Here is the folder containing all the files--enjoy! All times are in EDT (UTC - 4).

I think the important pieces of data you caught were when the Potato Alliance bottomed out before the resurgence (-60308 point at 13:23/38 CEST), where the Horsemen peaked (132993 points at 16:06/44 CET), and when the Horsemen went negative (22:07/19 CEST).
Last edited by Minoa on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:49 am

August wrote:Only AoF posted in time, but there were six factions I recorded anyway for my own interest. Before the event, I was telling Stalker I would almost put money on the AA to win--and now I wish I had, because I kind of predicted the leaderboard. I have detailed CSVs for the top five (AA, PA, BSS, CRAB, and FCC) and last place (HotA). I also have AoF as requested. All other factions only have nation count and scores.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to show how many missiles were shot down. Ba Sing Se's data shows a lot of zeros for incoming, but I can certainly attest that this was not the case.

I suppose it is rather telling that we lost 40,000 total shields in the span of a few minutes though :lol:
Last edited by Refuge Isle on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

August
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby August » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:51 am

Refuge Isle wrote:

Sadly, this doesn't seem to show how many missiles were shot down. Ba Sing Se's data shows a lot of zeros for incoming, but I can certainly attest that this was not the case.
That is because you were simply too fast with the shields. I was sampling every five minutes, which in hindsight was probably too slow. If I do this again, I will increase that to once per minute. Alternatively, you could slow down and give people a chance to hit you for once.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

New Waldensia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waldensia » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:16 pm

August wrote:Unfortunately, it seems that my script stopped recording at 21:12 for no apparent reason, so nearly five hours of data are missing.

So right before our score started to drop like a rock? Sweet! :rofl:
August wrote:Alternatively, you could slow down and give people a chance to hit you for once.

LOL
IC WA Diplomat Josiah Garrett
Author of GA #414 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care) and GA #456 (Freedom to Seek Medical Care II)

Army of Freedom medals received:
N-Day² Medals -- N-Day³ Medals -- N-Day⁴ Medals
Z-Day6 Medals

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41