NATION

PASSWORD

Uppercut

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.
Thuzbekistan
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Uppercut

Postby Thuzbekistan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:30 am

Being killed within 3 hours by a huge alliance of the Pacifics was just SOOOOO much fun. It was really dumb how easy it was for them to ally and just be so big they win by default.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:36 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:Being killed within 3 hours by a huge alliance of the Pacifics was just SOOOOO much fun. It was really dumb how easy it was for them to ally and just be so big they win by default.

Like, looking at your nation, you launched at us, and we had defended it, and also you were targeted by one of our nations (but he didn't shoot). But all the damage to your nation were done to you from NS Sports and Dauntless. I wasn't on for the initial bit (so don't doubt we had conflict then), but for the bit I've been on leading, we've been focusing pretty much exclusively on AA.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Malphe V
Civilian

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Malphe V » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:Being killed within 3 hours by a huge alliance of the Pacifics was just SOOOOO much fun. It was really dumb how easy it was for them to ally and just be so big they win by default.

We totally could've still lost with that same alliance if we weren't organized, didn't advertise enough, ect. It's not a "win by default". In fact, UPPERCUT came second last N-Day.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:42 am

The resentment is strong in this one.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Roman-Britannic Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Roman-Britannic Empire » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:31 am

I am a bit leery of large alliances myself, but take it as a nessary evil of the game. However, the idea of founders unting does in fact bug me. Just as there are special influence rules for the founders, I think there should be a s"each one must have it's own alliance" rule. It won't stop the officiers from coordinating, but many rank and file will just lob them at anyone outside alliance anyways. I know that because it's what happened the 1st N-Day that despite please from one alliance to stop attacking three others, a lot of the rest just fired indescriminatly.

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Flanderlion wrote:

Like, looking at your nation, you launched at us, and we had defended it, and also you were targeted by one of our nations (but he didn't shoot). But all the damage to your nation were done to you from NS Sports and Dauntless. I wasn't on for the initial bit (so don't doubt we had conflict then), but for the bit I've been on leading, we've been focusing pretty much exclusively on AA.

They launched at you guys, sure. But Uppercut is undeniably targeting at random, so there's really no moral highground here. I'm targeted over a hundred times right now, mostly by your faction.
IBNFTW local 8492

New Cla
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cla » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Yeah because that’s how nuke day works

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Auman wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:Like, looking at your nation, you launched at us, and we had defended it, and also you were targeted by one of our nations (but he didn't shoot). But all the damage to your nation were done to you from NS Sports and Dauntless. I wasn't on for the initial bit (so don't doubt we had conflict then), but for the bit I've been on leading, we've been focusing pretty much exclusively on AA.

They launched at you guys, sure. But Uppercut is undeniably targeting at random, so there's really no moral highground here. I'm targeted over a hundred times right now, mostly by your faction.

I actually checked on that. I was dealing with UPPERCUT from slightly after AA was crushing us, to our initial strikes on TBH/Dauntless. Turns out our RMBs in various constituent regions launched several solo wars against various regions - which given our shield guys wouldn't let anything in it was only a matter of time before the other alliances became mushrooms. Not going to apologise, as it was wartime, but we did try and not target the smaller alliances unlike most of the other factions - so we'd be seen as the good guys. We also saved several factions with our shields. Not to mention there were a decent number if rogues on all sides, which, without a kick button there is little you can do.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Roman-Britannic Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Roman-Britannic Empire » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Auman wrote:
Flanderlion wrote:

Most of the random attack are indiscriminate attacks by new players. This is why allowing the 5 feeder regions to join isn't fair. In separate regions, they would not obey orders from the higher ups, but with all the feeders in the same alliance, most of these indiscriminate attacks deplete shields of everyone equally.

And again, I have no love for AA.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41