NATION

PASSWORD

Massive war between A.A. And UPPERCUT

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.

Advertisement

Remove ads

John-Travolta
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby John-Travolta » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:01 am

Flanderlion wrote:Replied in the other thread. Basically, AA betrayed our NAP last war, and stole victory from us. Which although annoying and a little rude is acceptable. Then in the lead up to the war they started posting a lot of anti Feeder propoganda. Both didn't exactly endear them to us, but the last straw was their launching of thousands of missiles upon us, overwhelming our shields and getting around 10k radiation against us in an hour. If you look at our faction, the vast majority (95%) of damage we've received have been from them. We got an ultimatum to either lie down and take them nuking us, or they'd kick us out of the top factions. Obviously, a Userite region threatening Feeders wasn't exactly on the cards, so we wiped them from first place to dead last. That said, the war isn't over, so although we're attempting to make a comeback impossible, it is always on the cards.
I gave my personal statement elsewhere, so I am just responding to this part to clear up some facts.

Last year, we had no formal agreement with UPPERCUT, so there was nothing to betray, but even if there was, we never ordered an attack on that faction. A few rogues took potshots, nothing more. The idea of "stealing victory" is a bit silly--it belongs to nobody until the end. This year, multiple people came to me with proposals to ally with UPPERCUT and backstab them midway through the event. I shot those ideas down the moment I saw them. I may be competitive to a fault, Flanderlion, but do not take me for a betrayer. Not my style, not the way the AA works.

Aclion wrote:Sound like exactly the mistake AA made, "We won last year, we don't need diplomacy."
Not a mistake, and very much a conscious decision. As I said elsewhere, if we could go back and do it all over again, I would not change a thing about our strategy.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:32 am

John-Travolta wrote:
Aclion wrote:Sound like exactly the mistake AA made, "We won last year, we don't need diplomacy."

Not a mistake, and very much a conscious decision. As I said elsewhere, if we could go back and do it all over again, I would not change a thing about our strategy.

"Our strategy majorly failed. But we will use the same strategy again."

:roll:

Well, if your attitude is reflective of the AA at large, then it looks like UPPERCUT will be champions in perpetuity, doesn't it? :lol2:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

John-Travolta
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby John-Travolta » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:27 pm

The New California Republic wrote:"Our strategy majorly failed. But we will use the same strategy again."

Well, if your attitude is reflective of the AA at large, then it looks like UPPERCUT will be champions in perpetuity, doesn't it? :lol2:
No worries, you are not the only one who thinks I am an idiot and the AA has no idea what it is doing, despite historical evidence to the contrary. Rather than hash that out, I will just link you my personal remarks. Should help clear things up.

I also never said we will use the same strategy again. I said we would use it again if we could start N-Day3 over. That said, we probably will reuse much of our strategy next year, because it was a highly effective approach that gave us zero radiation and a 9000-point first-place lead over a faction twice our size, eight hours into the event. Those numbers are no accident, regardless of what happened after that.

You could say my "attitude is reflective of the AA at large," but more importantly, I am its founder and the guy who writes its strategy. Residents' attitudes do not really play into it.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:58 pm

John-Travolta wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:"Our strategy majorly failed. But we will use the same strategy again."

I also never said we will use the same strategy again. I said we would use it again if we could start N-Day3 over. That said, we probably will reuse much of our strategy next year.

So you basically just protested what I said, but then admitted it anyway? Lol. What. :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

John-Travolta
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby John-Travolta » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:18 pm

The New California Republic wrote:So you basically just protested what I said, but then admitted it anyway? Lol. What. :roll:
I have no idea why you are being so condescending, dude. Sorry I bothered.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:28 pm

John-Travolta wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So you basically just protested what I said, but then admitted it anyway? Lol. What. :roll:
I have no idea why you are being so condescending, dude. Sorry I bothered.

I just really didn't see the point of you protesting what I said, and then admitting I was right anyway. Seems bizarre. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wave on, wave on

John-Travolta
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby John-Travolta » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:36 pm

The New California Republic wrote:I just really didn't see the point of you protesting what I said, and then admitting I was right anyway. Seems bizarre. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I did not, though. I said much of the strategy, not all. Next year, we might set up alliances and NAPs in advance while retaining the same offense and defense plans from this year. Our conscious decision to forgo all alliances, combined with the change in date, was the biggest contributor to our loss. We are not bothered too much by the loss (even if people think we should be), and it was an accepted risk in our attempt to make the game more interesting.

If you read the link I provided, it really does help to clarify things.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:44 pm

John-Travolta wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:I just really didn't see the point of you protesting what I said, and then admitting I was right anyway. Seems bizarre. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I did not, though. I said much of the strategy, not all. Next year, we might set up alliances and NAPs in advance while retaining the same offense and defense plans from this year. Our conscious decision to forgo all alliances, combined with the change in date, was the biggest contributor to our loss. We are not bothered too much by the loss (even if people think we should be), and it was an accepted risk in our attempt to make the game more interesting.

If you read the link I provided, it really does help to clarify things.

OK cool.

Wave on, wave on

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 pm

With all due respect, August, I do think letting more people have input into your plans would be a good idea next time. I was only told at the last minute what the plan was, when their was no opurtunity to object to it, which at that point I really do think I should have been given. I was someone who was well-invested in the AA faction, with 48 nations and several thousand nukes; indeed I stayed up long past what was healthy in order to help the faction. I would have appreciated more respect when decisions were being made.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41