NATION

PASSWORD

The Holy Church of Moderation

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.
Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Holy Church of Moderation

Postby Lamoni » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 am

Welcome one and all to The Holy Church of Moderation. Our healing waters and clean air have also been known to be restorative for the weary travelers and pilgrims who make it to our church, while our mighty shields protect you from the slings and arrows of nuclear war. From a small grove on NS Earth, to the ravages of outer space, places never before explored, and all points in-between, diverse places and peoples make up the church's story.

It is a story of hope for an impoverished people, a shared lesson on justice and equality, and a unique testimony of the forgiving grace of, and the fiery justice of, The Most Holy Moderators. Our collective story will continue to resonate in the hearts and minds of the people of Nationstates long into the future.

Our faith movement was born during the troubled times when creation (also known as Nationstates) was still a small and fragile thing, which could still be run by The Most Holy Max Barry. The Most Holy Moderators were created by his power and wisdom, intended to defend creation from all who would sin against it, using warnings and bans to combat the evils of sin, for the greater glory of The Most Holy Max Barry. Many believers in the 21st century hoped to restore “the ancient order of things” that had once existed in the beginning. They hoped such a restoration would lead to the reappearance of The Most Holy Max Barry, who would share his wisdom and grace with them once more.

Early members of our church legitimately could be termed spiritual seekers. Many had gone from one group to another searching for truth. In our movement they found a spiritual home that helped meet some of their deepest spiritual longings. This legacy of seeking and journeying continues in our movement today.

The missionary zeal of the church calls for active ministry of all its members. Their excitement in sharing the gospel of The Most Holy Moderators has been contagious, and they have spent their time sharing and baptizing people in all of creation in their journeys.

Who we Are

We are a church dedicated to The Most Holy Moderators, who have been known to extend their Most Holy Grace towards those who direct the proper respectful worship toward them. Having fully established ourselves during the first Nationstates N-Day, we have finally opened our doors to the public at large, allowing all who desire it the chance to come and worship the divine Moderators. We are led by our Enduring Principles toward salvation for all, in the name of The Most Holy Moderators.

Our Enduring Principles

Our Enduring Principles can be broken down in the following ways, which have been simplified for the layperson:

1.) We believe that The Most Holy Max Barry created the world, and bestowed certain of his powers upon [violet], who was appointed to safeguard creation from atomic annihilation.

2.) We affirm that The Most Holy [violet] created the Moderators in order to assist her with her appointed duties, bestowing upon them the knowledge, wisdom, and powers required to assist her in her mission.

3.) We uphold that The Most Holy Moderators are divine beings, worthy of both praise and worship.

4.) We maintain that the following principles are to be maintained by all followers of the church:

* Sacredness of Creation
* Continuing Revelation
* Worth of All Persons
* All Are Called, regardless of ability, race, species, or gender
* Responsible Choices
* Unity in Diversity
* Blessings of Community
* Spirit and material, seen and unseen, are related

5.) The Most Holy Moderators will sometimes select the most worthy of individuals to ascend and join them in Godhood, if they feel that it is proper and just.

6.) We recognize that the staff were created by The Most Holy Moderators to serve as priests, Missionaries, Deacons, and other positions in the church, helping to spread the gospel of The Most Holy Moderators to all who will listen.

Our Facilities

The Church of The Most Holy Moderators is massive, some comparing our facilities to those of the Royal Palaces of yore. The stained glass windows of the church are noted for each one of them depicting one of The Most Holy Moderators, while other iconography of the church is on impressive display throughout the church.

Certainly, the size and splendor of such a grand and vast interior requires an excellent sound system so that the faithful might be able to fully participate in worship, and the church does not fail in this respect, either. A movie theater style sound system has been installed, allowing all to participate in worship of The Most Holy Moderators.

Worship services are held several times each day, so that all who seek spiritual enlightenment from The Most Holy Moderators will not walk away empty-handed. However, woe be to the unrepentant sinner! For the wrath of The Most Holy Moderators is known to be fierce, and their sense of justice is swift and deadly. The Most Holy Moderators are known to use such legendary weapons as the Banhammer, as well as the Sword of DEAT in their most holy duties against the sinners. A single swing from the Sword of DEAT has been recorded in the holy scriptures as being enough to wipe a sinner from existence! The truly repentant sinner however, is welcome to atone for their sins, and regain the grace of The Most Holy Moderators.

The Most Holy Moderators are open to offerings from the faithful, though they be of different species, genders, and even schools of thought. All honest manner of offerings made in true faith are accepted from the faithful. So please come in and worship The Most Holy Moderators, who will surely bestow their blessings upon you!
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Rusthenia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rusthenia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:42 am

wouldn't the churches you know……… get atomic bombed?
Last edited by Rusthenia on Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
USS Monitor wrote:It's long...

✷A Marxist-Leninist state in Eurasian and the Alaskan Peninsula★
Moskva Chronicle: TEMPORARILY CLOSED 
International Coverage: TEMPORARILY CLOSED

NStats not used.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 am

Rusthenia wrote:wouldn't the churches you know……… get atomic bombed?

USS Monitor survived both the previous N-Days, and I think had no radiation both times.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Rusthenia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rusthenia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:22 am

USS Monitor wrote:

USS Monitor survived both the previous N-Days, and I think had no radiation both times.

gonna change that if i can.
USS Monitor wrote:It's long...

✷A Marxist-Leninist state in Eurasian and the Alaskan Peninsula★
Moskva Chronicle: TEMPORARILY CLOSED 
International Coverage: TEMPORARILY CLOSED

NStats not used.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Rusthenia wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

gonna change that if i can.

It isn't just hyperbole, when we said:

Welcome one and all to The Holy Church of Moderation. Our healing waters and clean air have also been known to be restorative for the weary travelers and pilgrims who make it to our church, while our mighty shields protect you from the slings and arrows of nuclear war.
National Anthem

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Joriker
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joriker » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:58 pm

PRAISE MAX!!!!!!!!!!
IC: A superpower japan mixed with german roots with a hint of The United States
I had a country before this.
information about our president: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=jor ... id=1040762
Information about our country : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=jor ... id=1040761
This nation sometimes represents my views, but the president doesn't really mean that i'm centrist. You just have to guess what political beliefs i have.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:15 pm

The Most Holly Max Barry wouldn't allow that to happen.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leonnia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Leonnia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:47 pm

We all know that the only one who should be worshiped on this N-Day is Saint Josephtan, the martyr.

Greater East Germany
Spokesperson

Founded: May 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater East Germany » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:00 pm

I need someone.. I need to confess my sins.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:02 pm

I pray to thee, Lord Barry in this great time of need.

One hundred and two nuclear weapons are scheduled to launch towards me any second now, I pray for protection from the menace known as "The Dom Army".
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:53 pm

And, by extension, so does the Cult of the Overgoat.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 pm

I have a sin to confess Father, I targeted the nations of my friends and launched a series of weapons of mass destruction at them with the intent to kill

Will His Holiness forgive me?

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:39 pm

When are you giving nations Rad-Aways on succeeding N-Days? There’s gotta be a way to lower radiation.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:01 am

*gasp* It's finally here!

*kneels*

Please ascend the 2 Billion souls of dead Asians, Great Divinity, Max; to whatever best afterlife they can be given. They were good people. Mostly.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:41 am

If the power here is so high, why does GD's faction have a habit of imploding itself spectacularly on previous n-days?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:If the power here is so high, why does GD's faction have a habit of imploding itself spectacularly on previous n-days?

Who said that the Church is merely a GD institution?
National Anthem

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:43 am

Lamoni wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:If the power here is so high, why does GD's faction have a habit of imploding itself spectacularly on previous n-days?

Who said that the Church is merely a GD institution?

But shouldn't you use the holy power of the church to protect your home region in in its greatest need?
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:13 am

Shouldn't you have better uses for your time than trying to rules lawyer in disguise?
National Anthem

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 am

Lamoni wrote:Shouldn't you have better uses for your time than trying to rules lawyer in disguise?

It was a joke. Not serious.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:37 am

Because people (this time around, me) have a tendency of blowing up the factions of people they know

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Praise be Max. Please bless the Pan-Asiatic States with the enduring strength we require to brave the radiation storms and may your gospel shelter us as we embark on another N-Day.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Max Ashley
Civilian

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Max Ashley » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Praise be to my male counterpart: Max Barry.

More importantly, though, you are well-advised to kowtow in the presence of your goddess...

Max Ashley

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:42 am

No more DEAT FROM ABOVE? :(
The Blaatschapen should resign

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:35 am

Perhaps His Holiness can bless my missiles so they inflict more casualties?

The Glass Oasis
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Glass Oasis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:21 am

Praise the Holy Ones for all their effort, and may they last forever. Might my shields be empowered, but of course let us not force the great Max Barry and his fellows to do things. They deserve breaks too, so lets let that happen.
A nation in the northwest Glass Desert of Rængo, 1k ly from Earth. So far basically the only Slime Rancher theme nation!
Redoing sig, probably.
Im not gonna be very active on here for a little while, but don’t worry im ok
Year: 2570 Name: Federation of the Glass Oasis, (the) Glass Oasis
1 NB = 50 NC(newcents) = .36 NS dollars
If statedn't in factbooks or forums, imagine, and/or go by SR things,or not,I don't care. NSstats loosely followed.
Adjustable PMT?-FT-FFT? + FanT mix. Kinda just SR tech.

I have Scratch!
shame I’m sometimes making accidentally wrong choices but oh well, JUST LIKE REALITY!Ha,ha,hah..ha

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41