NATION

PASSWORD

What constitutes as a mega faction?

A place for governments-in-exile, plucky survivors, unlucky survivors, the horrifically mutated, and other assorted characters to ride out the nuclear hellstorm until it's safe to go outside again.
User avatar
Uueidhhd
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Feb 13, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

What constitutes as a mega faction?

Postby Uueidhhd » Sun Sep 27, 2026 4:59 pm

So people been complaining they been getting attacked by mega factions but what do people consider mega factions for this N day? What are your interactions with these mega factions in N day like?
NS somewhat represent political views
Leader of squeaky squeakers

User avatar
Welves
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 485
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Father Knows Best State

Postby Welves » Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:02 pm

Uueidhhd wrote:So people been complaining they been getting attacked by mega factions but what do people consider mega factions for this N day? What are your interactions with these mega factions in N day like?



Literally all the factions with over 1,000 members. Some argue over 5,000, 10,00, etc
Last edited by Google on Tue Feb 31st, 1909 4:61 am, edited 7 times in total.
Princitum
vod Welves
NS stats are not canon, as they were drowned in the Strategic Chocolate Reserve
Stole the "last edited by" idea from someone else
Proud resident of The Western Isles
Yeah not both Soviet Welves and British Welves exist...at least the US City of Welves doesn't.
◉This user is a member of the◉
◉Orb Party◉

I checkmated Kim, should I be worried?
This user refuses to use AI

User avatar
Uueidhhd
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Feb 13, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uueidhhd » Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:04 pm

Welves wrote:
Uueidhhd wrote:So people been complaining they been getting attacked by mega factions but what do people consider mega factions for this N day? What are your interactions with these mega factions in N day like?



Literally all the factions with over 1,000 members. Some argue over 5,000, 10,00, etc

So you are saying the pirates which was a punching bag for everyone was a megafaction?

Pirates doing everything to be specific
NS somewhat represent political views
Leader of squeaky squeakers

User avatar
Welves
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 485
Founded: Aug 20, 2026
Father Knows Best State

Postby Welves » Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:06 pm

Uueidhhd wrote:
Welves wrote:

Literally all the factions with over 1,000 members. Some argue over 5,000, 10,00, etc

So you are saying the pirates which was a punching bag for everyone was a megafaction?

Pirates doing everything to be specific


Megafactions are also very well known
Last edited by Google on Tue Feb 31st, 1909 4:61 am, edited 7 times in total.
Princitum
vod Welves
NS stats are not canon, as they were drowned in the Strategic Chocolate Reserve
Stole the "last edited by" idea from someone else
Proud resident of The Western Isles
Yeah not both Soviet Welves and British Welves exist...at least the US City of Welves doesn't.
◉This user is a member of the◉
◉Orb Party◉

I checkmated Kim, should I be worried?
This user refuses to use AI

User avatar
Felid Robloxia
Attaché
 
Posts: 90
Founded: Oct 03, 2025
Father Knows Best State

Postby Felid Robloxia » Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:06 am

Welves wrote:
Uueidhhd wrote:So people been complaining they been getting attacked by mega factions but what do people consider mega factions for this N day? What are your interactions with these mega factions in N day like?



Literally all the factions with over 1,000 members. Some argue over 5,000, 10,00, etc

You have a point, but I really don’t think that numbers are the only thing that constitutes that status. Personally, I don’t consider the Subspace Rebels, for example, to be a megafaction. While that may be because of bias, the main reason why we had so many nations was because we had a few people who happened to have hundreds of puppets; I wasn’t even expecting there to be so many people in my faction this time around, and in the discord we had no more than like 20 to 40-something people. Not sure where that stands in the grand scheme of things because I haven’t been in many faction servers.
I also don’t think that we have enough skill or experience to be considered a megafaction among the likes of HOTA or ANAL. I’m very flattered by the fact that some people consider us to be one of the top 10 factions regardless. Not all of us use scripts tho, I don’t. N-Day is a team effort, us working together is what makes us good at some things
Uueidhhd wrote:
Welves wrote:

Literally all the factions with over 1,000 members. Some argue over 5,000, 10,00, etc

So you are saying the pirates which was a punching bag for everyone was a megafaction?

Pirates doing everything to be specific

to be fair, they DID call themselves a megafaction, but I really don’t consider them to be one. Literally 90% of them were just puppets belonging to like 1 or 2 ppl. They had the numbers but they most certainly didn’t have the activity or the drive
Welves wrote:
Uueidhhd wrote:So you are saying the pirates which was a punching bag for everyone was a megafaction?

Pirates doing everything to be specific


Megafactions are also very well known

True. Many of them have been around for years, it’s kind of a given. How else would they have gained the reputation they did? In comparison, the Rebels have only been around for 2 N-Days, not even a full year.

I’m genuinely curious, tho. Would you and other ppl who share similar opinions consider the Subspace Rebels to be a megafaction? I feel like there’s a lot more factors that go into that before you could confidently call any faction a megafaction. And I feel like N-Day is just a kind of event where you have to have the numbers and the people in order to get anywhere up there. I could try to make more of a point about how you either have to join or become a megafaction (or at least be megafaction-adjacent) to get anywhere near the top 10 but I don’t think that any of y’all are #Ready for that conversation

In the meantime, I have a poll on this. I want to see what others think: https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=329177
he/they/blox (he/him + blox/bloxs preferred)
call me 1x, Apollyon, 007n7, Sixer, Rex, or Leo (can change on a daily basis, see more here)
on NS since March 5th, 2024. +5008 posts on my old main nation
oh yeah and i'm also the Cabinmaster (governor) of The Lobby
keeping the N-Day flag up until the news post is out

User avatar
Coregia
Envoy
 
Posts: 257
Founded: Dec 27, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coregia » Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:23 am

Gonna lay out my own personal thoughts here. I'm not exactly sure what the concrete definition is (or would be) for a megafaction, though I would argue the actual amount of nations that is required for such a thing has raised over the years. We know HotA is, and lookin at this years count I'd argue SPEAR, CORAL, and ANAL all apply for this as well. I don't think the Starlight Brigade (mind you, a single-region faction) exactly counts as one despite their size though, and Canopy does not either in my opinion. I'd also say that you need several regions to constitute a mega-faction, and decently sized ones at that.

Under this set, a mega-faction is a faction which is assembled from multiple regions and has at least 6000 nations. I suspect the 6000 number will change over time, but for this time around its fairly adequate.
A Nation Composed of the Sky Cities of Venus, the so called Evil Twin of Terra, and yet, her beauty is stunning to all those that see her above the clouds and from Cupid, given by Terra, taught by Mars, and formed into The Moon of Venus, upon which sits the Capital and what was once known as the entire nation back when it was on Terra.
Coregia is a loosely made "Utopian Technocracy" and is not meant to be realistic, nor represent my views.
F7 > NSG. I'd like to actually enjoy my time here, not endlessly argue with people, thanks. | Coregia Wiki
✟ Soli Deo Gloria! ✟


After much investigation, we have determined that the World Census is actually a money laundering scheme and have been banned from operating here.

User avatar
Merethin
WA Secretariat
 
Posts: 1229
Founded: Dec 18, 2023
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Merethin » Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:00 am

Felid Robloxia wrote:
Uueidhhd wrote:So you are saying the pirates which was a punching bag for everyone was a megafaction?

Pirates doing everything to be specific

to be fair, they DID call themselves a megafaction, but I really don’t consider them to be one. Literally 90% of them were just puppets belonging to like 1 or 2 ppl. They had the numbers but they most certainly didn’t have the activity or the drive

Literally all of it was a shitpost by The Age of Utopia because he wasn't available for N-Day and dumped his puppets there instead of CORAL for that reason
◆ The Realm Past the Horizon of Merethin ◆
Fleetmaster of the Galactic Armada of Starlight & Horizon
@iris.dreamer · she/her
Libcord Update Command

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2) of Starlight & Horizon (6th and 7th Cabinet)
Former Aetherion (x2) of Starlight & Horizon (4th and 5th Cabinet)
Former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Starlight & Horizon (3rd Cabinet)

Rising Star Award (2025 Collection Awards)
Eluvatar Award (2025 Defender Awards)
Up and Coming Defender (2025 Gameplay Awards)
Power20 Bronze (April 2026)
LGA#833 (co), LGA#843, LGA#844, LGA#852 (co), GA#7 (co), GA#10 (co), GA#16 (co)


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Vault 41

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads