NATION

PASSWORD

[CHALLENGE] Open Internet Order

A repository for discussions of the General Assembly Secretariat.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:07 am

I still incline towards the opinion that if a majority of us find a proposal illegsal for one reason or another, even if there isn't a majority for illegality on any one specific detail, then that means the proposal is too flawed and the author should be advised to take it to the forum for re-drafting...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:45 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Those are addressed in Sections II-IV. I wrote out a proposed unanimous opinion in Sec. III (Count 2), and my dissent for Section II (Count 1). Others must write the majority for Sec. II and any dissent for Sec. IV; or else come up with a wholly different structure than the one CD proposed, I agreed to, and nobody else commented on.

I'll keep hacking off bits of the job if nobody else has time to write anything out, I suppose... nobody has a strong opinion on the three remaining items (majority sec. II, majority sec. IV, dissent sec. IV)??

This is exactly why I didn't want to see opinions done this way. That sounds like a bloody mess.

Not sure what to tell you at this point. We need to be getting these opinions published; if you have a better way to organize it, fine. The layout I've drafted so far, while complicated, faithfully presents our various points of view on all questions. If you would like to present the issues in a simpler format, I'm all ears.

Bears Armed wrote:I still incline towards the opinion that if a majority of us find a proposal illegsal for one reason or another, even if there isn't a majority for illegality on any one specific detail, then that means the proposal is too flawed and the author should be advised to take it to the forum for re-drafting...

SP wrote a dissent on that question for this case; I'll happily listen to further arguments (for future cases) in a separate thread.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:

This is exactly why I didn't want to see opinions done this way. That sounds like a bloody mess.

Not sure what to tell you at this point. We need to be getting these opinions published; if you have a better way to organize it, fine. The layout I've drafted so far, while complicated, faithfully presents our various points of view on all questions. If you would like to present the issues in a simpler format, I'm all ears.

Bears Armed wrote:I still incline towards the opinion that if a majority of us find a proposal illegsal for one reason or another, even if there isn't a majority for illegality on any one specific detail, then that means the proposal is too flawed and the author should be advised to take it to the forum for re-drafting...

SP wrote a dissent on that question for this case; I'll happily listen to further arguments (for future cases) in a separate thread.

My suggestion has been dispensed with earlier in the thread. I'm merely reiterating my concern for the record.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:52 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:(opinion)

Would anyone like to formally join the alleged majority opinion? Or take an axe to it?

Would Sciongrad or Bears Armed like to explain their reasoning for the Operative Clause violation?

Would we be better off ditching this structure entirely and just posting what SP and I have written?

I'm happy to put in work on this, but not all by myself.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:11 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:(opinion)

Would anyone like to formally join the alleged majority opinion? Or take an axe to it?

Would Sciongrad or Bears Armed like to explain their reasoning for the Operative Clause violation?

Would we be better off ditching this structure entirely and just posting what SP and I have written?

I'm happy to put in work on this, but not all by myself.

I think you should go ahead and post II-IV if nothing else. Those you have numbers for.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Previous

Return to Secretariat Archives