NATION

PASSWORD

OOC:Question about FT RPing

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Advancement of Man
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

OOC:Question about FT RPing

Postby Advancement of Man » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 am

I'm not sure where this really belongs so I'm putting it here.

My question is: What is an average sized space fleet for an RP?

I would like to know because i don't want to have a fleet that is too small to be taken seriously, or too big to be considered godmodding.
Last edited by Advancement of Man on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.10
Please refer to me as "the Scientific Federation"

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:43 am

I would assume 100 battleships + capital and over 600 fighter wings?

Lhazastan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Lhazastan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:51 am

Aksun wrote:I would assume 100 battleships + capital and over 600 fighter wings?

an awfully arbitrary assumption, mon ami

AoM, you can always change it later. we can't decide for you, seeing as we don't even know what kind of ships you're using, what they're capable of, or your capacity to crew them. it's a complete crapshoot
The Lhazarane State (FT)
The Matriarchy of Lhazastan (MT)

Factbook

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:51 am

The reality is, it all comes down to what you want to do vs what others will accept - and that changes continually depending on who you talk to. You can venture on over to International Incidents and ask there as well, but again, you're going to run into cliques and varied responses, etc, etc, etc.

What tends to remain is the fact that the longer you've been on the boards, the larger your nation is, the more capable you'll be judged for having bigger, badder stuff. You'll always run into some player or other who will say you can't have this, that, or the other, according to their perception of what is and isn't allowed, by some 'longstanding mutual agreement' or other ... so what it boils down to is do what you like, read around the various forums and threads that seem most promising to your own idea of what will be fun, and see what sorts of things folks there are using or doing.

Future Tech is always twitchy this way because it isn't handled the same, and there is no one set standard by which one can honestly base it on, in spite of what some might say, given all the various inspirations, systems, and ideas out there. Whatever you end up deciding, best of luck, and hope you find a niche that suits your idea of fun.

Return to NationStates