NATION

PASSWORD

And So This Is How It Ends (Attn: GPE)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

And So This Is How It Ends (Attn: GPE)

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 am

Northrop-Grumman 24-10-2006 19:58
Shining its light between the skyscrapers of the capital city, the evening sun cast its orange glow through the windows in Chairman O’Neill’s office as he sat quietly at his old mahogany desk, staring at the blank sheet of paper lying before him. He could not believe that things had progressed to this point within the Empire…to the point where no moral alternative existed aside from this one…but he could not bring himself to begin writing the letter. Behind him, his elven wife, the Chairwoman, patiently stood as she gently massaged his stiffened shoulders. She remained quiet for some time, trying to give him the peace that he needed to collect his thoughts so as to not push him into something he could regret.

Finally, after several hours of thought and procrastination, his pen struck the paper, and he began to write…

----------------------------------------------------------

An Official Letter from the Northrop-Grumman Corporation to the Greater Prussian Empire

It is with great regret that I must announce the withdrawal of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation from the Greater Prussian Empire. I, along with the Chairwoman and Vice Chairman, feel that, while our time with the Empire has been beneficial for both sides during the past twenty-six years, we have reached a fork in the road where our paths must split into separate directions. The ideals that we hold dear no longer match those of the Empire, and we must depart from it for this reason and others.

First, the Corporation and its citizens cannot sit here and continue to silently be a part of an alliance that chooses to sit idly by and allow our own members commit genocide without even the slightest concern. It has been ruining our reputation, and it is clearly wrong by the ideals we used to live by, but no one seems to care. I have wondered…where has our morality gone? What has happened to this great Christian empire that has been built? But I see what has happened…we have lost perspective…we have set aside our morals and beliefs so that we may become a “great” alliance in the galactic community…and what have we gained? Nothing.

Secondly, the Corporation has grown weary of being associated with warmongering nations. They have infected us with this idea that war is the only option available and that diplomacy is for the weak. They have strived to embroil us into countless wars of aggression, namely those around Mars. Even our Emperor had embroiled the Empire in a war on that planet where there was no direct presence of a threat to us at the time. So in light of this, we can no longer stand by the decisions of a ruler where we, nor many other nations in the Empire, have little input as to where the joint military operates.

In closing this letter, I insist on pointing out that while the Corporation is withdrawing from the alliance, we still do with to maintain diplomatic relations with individual nations who are not a part of these problems and are open to the possibility of one-on-one alliances.

To the rest of you who have not contributed to the problem, I am deeply saddened that things have progressed this far and wish you the best in future endeavors.

Farewell to you all.

[signed]
General Jonathan J. O’Neill
Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President

[signed]
Siri O’Neill
Chairwoman

[signed]
Shiran Naelthasser
Vice Chairman, Chief Operating Officer, and Vice President

After scribbling his signature across the bottom of the letter to finish it, his wife did the same and afterwards took it from his desk, leaving the room so that the Vice Chairman could also sign it. Then, it was scanned and electronically sent to all Prussian nations, including Reichskamphen, without the slightest bit of encryption. Nothing was intended to be kept a secret and nothing needed to be kept a secret.

But after transmitting the letter, the Chairwoman sat down behind one of the secretaries’ desk and typed another letter, this one more personal, and sent it out.

<:: Encrypted Transmission ::>
<:: Priority - Alpha ::>
<:: Sender: Siri O’Neill – Defense Central Command Datalink – Northrop-Grumman ::>
<:: Recipients:
Veliky Kynaz Ivan Rekjyavich II – Derscon
King John Antonette – Cherry Ridge
Queen Mariah I and Count Richard I – Jeruselem
Emperor Narqu – Underwater Asylum ::>

By now you have probably received and read the letter sent by the Corporation to you all. I honestly wish that things had not come this far, but unfortunately they did. The decision that Jack and I made was not an easy one for we have enjoyed being a part of the Empire for all these years and have enjoyed making friendships with all of you. But our personal feelings could not interfere in this decision. We had to do it for the good of the Corporation, its people, and all the values that it upholds.

I sincerely hope that you do not condemn Jack and I for the decision that we have made because we still wish to continue the friendships that we have had for these many, many years. But if you do, then it will be the loss of something that should transcend national boundaries, positions, and species.

I cannot change how you feel about us, but I can tell you that you will always be welcome in our home and in Northrop-Grumman.

-Siri

<:: Text Ended ::>
<:: Transmission Sent ::>

Derscon 24-10-2006 21:03
Star Office, Grand Kremlin Palace

Veliky Kynaz Xavier Tsarevich Andropov II looked at the resignation letter. "Hmph." He took a sip of his drink and tossed it into the memory hole, going back to his game of DEFCON.

Xrchnzny Kremlin, Norxchyanisk Province

Veliky Kynaz Ivan Rekjyavich II received the letter without hearing about their actual resignation in the first place. He was quite shocked. The Prince put the letter on his nightstand before turning in to go to bed.

National Military Command Centre, Location Unknown

General Taninov received a copy of the letter and threw it on Strategic Command's desk.

"What was the plan when this happened?"

"I think it was a seventy-two hour safe period before we glass over the land and turn it into a resort and prison island, as well as a navy base." Taninov nodded.

"Fair enough. We'll see what the Royals have to say about it in the morning."

"Indeed. Goodnight, sir."

"Good night."

Derscon 26-10-2006 19:16
National Military Command Center

Kynaz Xavier stepped out of the teleporter and into his target zone, the main lobby of the facility. No one knew where the NMCC was -- not even the people that worked there. There were two ways to reach it -- the teleporters, and the bullet trains. However, the bullet trains didn't actually go to the NMCC, they went somewhere else, and then went through a second labyrinth to get to the Main Lobby of the NMCC.

Xavier took to the back hallway, and, after going through the maze of tunnels, gravlifts, and security checkpoints, arrived at his destination -- the Eye of Providence, the central heart of every single Dersconi military installation in the entire universe. The Eye was a massive room that displayed everything that Derscon knew at any given time throughout all of existence, in various means. Walk up a catwalk and to the left, however, and it takes you to the Strategic Command Center. When the Prince walked in, General Taninov and CINCSTRAT, Field Marshal Óðinn Níðhöggr (one of the remaining Dersconis with more than 80% pure Dersconi blood, whose ancestors intermarried with the Nordic humans and took on their name, then proceeding to go back to their own kind, keeping the Nordic name, as was common at the time), were already in the room. Both snapped to attention and saluted upon Xavier's entrance.

"Good evening, Your Majesty." Xavier nodded towards General Taninov.

"Thank you, but it is not. You are aware of Northrop-Grumman's traitorous actions, yes?" Marshal Níðhöggr nodded.

"Yes, we are aware. I assume you want us to do something about it?" Xavier turned around, pointing to the massive holodisplay of Earth back in the Eye of Providence.

"Do you see those Orbital Defence Grids floating about? The Vanguard-class is designed to defend against attacks, while the Dragoon-class is designed to completely annihilate an entire continent. There is currently three Dragoon-class ODGs within the Derscon vicinity. I would like you to move two of them over Northrop-Grumman."

"Yes, sir." CINCSTRAT issued down the command, and, on the holodisplay, you could see the two Dragoons move into position.

"Good. I've already ordered the Rodina Space Defence Force to position itself in and around NG space, as to prevent any sort of counterattack by the traitors. Now, activate them...."

Grand Kremlin Palace, Rekjyavich-Andropov Military City

Prince John looked around the Imperial Palace, and couldn't find Xavier anywhere. Eventually, he went up into the Star Office to find it empty, except a note with some scribblings on it, about "NG" and "STCM" and "NIHIL." He thought about it for a quick second and went wide-eyed.

"Oh, shit!" Prince John ran out of the office to the teleporter down at the bottom of the palace (the trip is well over a few miles). I hope I make it in time....

Northrop-Grumman 26-10-2006 20:36
Centennial Plaza – Caprica City, Northrop-Grumman

As he glanced back over at the empty inbox sitting upon his old wooden desk, Chairman Jack O’Neill noted sadly that the lack of a response from the Prussian leaders was a clear indication that the resignation of the Corporation did not go over well and the personal letter that had been sent by his wife had entirely no effect upon them. But there was nothing that he could do now about all this except call it a night and head home for the weekend, so he gently shut the makeshift door on the front of his office and carefully locked it with his key.

As he began to walk towards the elevators, overhead, he heard his name being called from the intercom. “Chairman O’Neill! Chairman O’Neill!”

“What is it, Shiran?” he replied, just after sighing.

From his location in the Emergency Command Center (ECC) deep within the capital building, the Vice Chairman flatly reported what he had found out. “The Dersconi have moved two of their orbital defense grids over us and their space fleets appear to have repositioned themselves around us…it is quite…strange…”

The eyes of the Chairman widened when he realized what was happening. “Damnit! Get all the shields up! Now!”

“Yes, sir,” he responded quickly in an odd military manner.

Immediately, across the continent over the Corporation’s three largest cities, the intricate shield systems were powered up with the full force of seven zero-point modules per city, a large amount of power designed to protect these cities for weeks, months, and perhaps years if need be. After the Vice Chairman gave the order, he set about sending an encoded message to all of the Corporation’s allies stating that it could possibly be under attack and requesting assistance if things would turn to violence. Meanwhile orbiting the planet, the John Davis Northrop battlecarrier along with its battlefleet began preparations to fight, powering up their weapons, loading torpedoes, and raising their shields but not selecting any targets, yet. It was hoped that this was just a bad set of coincidences, but no one wanted to take that chance.

Kaymiril 26-10-2006 22:20
OOC: If you think I don't belong here, check THIS thread.

IC:
Eyarayin d' Drasdera was sitting on the command deck of her fleet's flagship, the Vress'lvel.

Everything had been quiet recently, as it always had been.

Suddenly, the communications grid clicked to life, revealing the faces of Teril d' Kestal and Streea d' Drasdera.

"Minister, Admiral." She stood and made the salute, her right fist snapping over her heart, before dropping it.

Her grandmother spoke first.

"Your fleet is ready to depart immediately, Captain?"

Eyarayin bowed her head. "My fleet is in constant readiness, Admiral."

Streea d' Drasdera looked to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, who spoke then.

"Our envoy in Northrop-Grumman has sent us word of an imminent Dersconi attack. Your orders, Captain, are to prevent this in any way necessary."

"Yes, Northrop-Grumman has joined us." As the Admiral spoke, her granddaughter looked back to her.

"Am I to wait for a diplomat?"

Teril nodded. "He will arrive momentarily, you will recognize his shuttle. Then you will go."

"Yes, Minister, Admiral. I hear your orders and obey them."

The communications grid snapped off.

Terin d' Kestal arrived in his shuttle barely five minutes later, and the fleet, thirty warships strong, leapt through the vastness of space toward Earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Less than a day later, the red and black ships spiraled out of space not far beyond Pluto, and wasted no time getting to Earth and establishing orbits over Derscon and Northrop-Grumman...twenty to the former, ten to the latter.

Over Northrop-Grumman, two of the ten ships selected targets -- the Dersconi defense grids...but they did not open fire yet...not until they were ordered to do so.

Meanwhile, a message was sent down on a broad channel to Derscon. A Drow male -- not quite Drow, for he had scales on his face, and his green eyes bore a vertical slit -- spoke clearly.

"This is Ambassador Terin d' Kestal of Kaymiril. We desire to meet with Tsar Xavier Andropov in a peaceful setting, but we cannot allow the aggressive stance he has taken toward the Northrop-Grumman Corporation to continue while standing idly by."

Anagonia 26-10-2006 22:27
Above Derscon - High Orbit - Planet Earth

Time and space seemed to have no end in the vast void of infinity that was space. Star's shined proudly, and died horribly, in this infinity. Creation and Destruction were the abundant physics here, followed next by chance and fate. For though even time itself had restrictions here, space had but a few. All this entwined together to create the serenity that was, and is, Deep Space.

Looking below the transcended view of the Heavens, a blue orb of magnificent beauty twirled beneath a fateful century of existence. Nations erupted from the ashes, only to return to those ashes at later points along a timeline of history. So few could say that they witnessed these events, fewer could say they lived them. Time was a precious resource on this planet, respectfully called Earth.

Without respects to the earthly domain, many bright lights erupted from nothingness to create a beautiful chorus of colors. It would last for only a short time, as the beauty was defiled by the presence of weapons of war. Earth itself seemed to ignore the tiny specs that had appeared above her. The cloud below continuing to form various formations. Such was the testament of nature against the creations from her soil.

Zooming closer these specs would seem like the giant abyss to those creatures small enough to be called human. Four Supercarriers centered themselves as fleets of various ship types regained their respective formations. Tiny specs of lights zoomed to and fro the spectre of observation, jets of fire erupting from behind them as they circled the massive formation of other-worldly objects.

Onboard the SBCV-450 Battlecarrier Independence

Prime General Prometheus stood as his metallic body gleamed from the lights above the bridge. The planet below was home to the organics he enjoyed calling Brethren. His copper-plated B-1 Droid frame was but a testiment of his machine heritage. Yet, lacking the normal droid pack, he stood as a marvel of Artificial Intelligence.

Lacking but flesh and blood, Prometheus was but one of millions of his kind in Anagonia. The Sentient Droid race had prospered ever since the exile of the Anagonian Homesystem. Humans and other organic races had followed suit. What they lacked against their droid brethren was the resistance against times effects on organic components.

Prometheus enjoyed this knowledge, for he had lived for nearly a century understanding and evolving. No organic race intimidated him, nor his kind. Only those worthy of respect gained such recognition. Before his gaze, before the Battlecarrier's bow, was a nation of organics lacking that recognition. He would not be intimidated.

Just a few hours ago he had received a private transmission from someone in the Corporation. Something had gone horribly wrong in the Political spectrum of the Corporations shadow. Large enough to be felt beyond the stars to Anagonia's newfound Homeworld. This was a worrying aspect for Prometheus, for he felt worry and emotion as clear as any sentient. He personally investigated the matter, even requested a few favors from a few Military Higher-ups. Once he gathered what he needed, he had found his conclusion as clear as the suns light.

Keeping these findings to himself proved to be quite easy in the long-run. Prometheus managed to gain a few strings from his personal contacts both within Anagonia and the Corporation. Cooperation with many a military advisor had proved useful to his ultimate goal. In the end, all he needed was to decide how to enter the spectrum of war, and whether or not he wanted to fight.

Prometheus had concluded that a show of force was well worth the bet between Organic feuds. His fleet had been on patrol In-System under the Corporations supervision a few months before the incident in case took place. It was easy getting the necessary leaps finished before he decided to quiet things down a notch. How he did that was to make himself a worthy opponent to anyone opposing the Corporation.

"Commander, keep all ships in orbit and battle-ready." His robotic tone echoed through the bridge. "Load all torpedo tubes with Class-N and Class-H warheads. Ensure all primary and secondary squadrons are maintained and ready."

Slowly, his elongated head managed to move down slowly into a hard stare at the earth below.

"I want to see the inner-workings of the Empire."

OOC:

Ship statics and numbers will be posted upon request.

Derscon 27-10-2006 19:48
OOC: And this is what I get for not posting quick enough

Space

The two Dragoon-class Orbital Defence Grids were getting targeting coordinates at the moment, while reading the kinetic rainstorm that was about to fall on Northrop-Grumman.

When the Kaymiril ships entered the area, clearly in a threatening manner, the ODGs began a series of jamming sequences, shutting off all communication channels for the Kaymirilian ships and Northrop-Grumman down on Earth, so no Dersconi official received the Kaymirilian message, as, when that happens, all real frequencies are jammed, so nothing gets through. All Dersconi installations and ships, at that point, operate on an artificial sequence outside the electromagnetic spectrum.

Before the Anagonian ships were even in Sol, they were detected by the various installations outside the system, which then sent their data to the NMCC, which was then shot to Dersconi ships. So by the time Anagonian ships arrived, the entire Dersconi Earth Fleet was present. Nearby, First Fleet, with the Dersconi coreship Valefor, was over Mars, which could be called over in less than five minutes, and Second and Third Fleets, both with sizable coreships, were over at Mercury.

No attempt was made to contact the newcomers. Instead, the coordinates of the main ships of the enemy fleets were taken down from all of the installations and other detection devices on Dersconi ships, and "manually" inputted into the targeting systems of the massive fleets, so as to avoid using the targeting systems.

National Military Command Center

Field Marshal Óðinn Níðhöggr came back into his office, where General Taninov and Xavier were waiting. "Your Majesty, it's ready."

"Good, fire."

"Like hell!" All three of the men snapped their heads around at the door, seeing Prince John standing there, clearly disheveled and angry. Xavier glared at him.

"What do you mean 'like hell'?? I am the Tsar. I want Northrop-Grumman annihilated, and it will fucking HAPPEN!" Xavier pushed General Taninov out of the way and went to hit the "return" key to put in the firing code, but Prince John, in a flash, stepped in front of him and threw him against a wall. Xavier's eyes flared red as he drew the Blade of Ares from the scabbard. "How DARE you do that to your Tsar!" Prince John remained emotionless as he ignited his ancestral lightsaber.

"You are not my Tsar." Xavier seemed to roar as he came dashing at Ivan, sword pointed toward him. Ivan stepped aside and roundhouse kicked Xavier out the door into the Eye of Providence.

Xavier hit a railing and nearly fell over, but counterjumped to the wall and came in with a slash towards Prince John. Deflecting the slash, Ivan pushed Xavier down the ramp and jumped up onto the railing, and jumped over twenty feet to a holodisplay of Mercury, spinning his double-bladed lightsaber around his head, not only for show, but as to avoid it hitting some of the very expensive equipment he was now standing on, and to avoid being impaled.

Making a leap, Xavier moved in to cut off John from escape, as he was pinned behind a large electronic device, but Ivan did the same, catching Xavier in mid-air, parrying while they were still jumping about in the large domed room. It almost seemed as they were dancing, the grace that they moved as they clashed their blades together in the air. The music was abruptly stopped when Xavier was slammed into the floor, crushing the tiles underneath him. Prince John landed beside him, lightsabre in hand. Xavier rolled out from underneath the blade and hopped up to his feet.

"You will regret your decision." Xavier began to glow, and his matter dissipated. Kynaz Ivan realized he teleported out to...well, who knows. Kynaz Ivan rushed up to the STRATCOM office.

"Call the attack off, NOW!" Marshal Níðhöggr let out a sigh as he put in the "CANCEL" firing order into the computer. "Good. Now, call the ODGs back to their positions, and stand down arms."

Space

The commanders of the ODGs received the emergency broadcast and disengaged their firing systems, returning to their normal positions around the Prussian Sea. The Fleets, however, stayed there, as the other fleets weren't going anywhere.

The jamming sequences were brought down, and a message by Prince John was sent out to those present.
Code: Select all
An assault on NG was not our intent. There was a
mis-communication of orders, in which the ODGs were to
engage in a drill to attack an island nation LIKE NG (as an
example, instead of being generic "island"). These drill
orders were taken to mean "attack NG." We are reviewing
our communications technology to ensure such an incident
never happens again. We're sorry about the big ruckus.

Prince John naturally couldn't let out that there was fighting amongst the royal family, as that could cause un-wanted happenings, and with hostile fleets hovering above the Rodina, nothing showing weakness would be a good thing to show.

While I am deeply saddened you felt the need to abandon Prussia, I am glad that our personal friendship will not be harmed in this diplomatic clashing of swords.

As you are probably aware, the reasons given for the attack are a blatant lie. Xavier had every intention of annihilating Northrop-Grumman from the map, but I manage to stop him in time. However, I must ask that you reveal that to no one. I fear that Derscon may dissolve into civil unrest, and any sort of factionalization amongst the leadership getting out into public would be disastrous beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

However, I fear that I will not be able to be around much longer. Xavier is angry, and he has the government and its ministries and army in his side. I ask that we meet in private, in the Dersconi Tundra. With this letter, I have supplied a map of the Prussian continent, as well as the path you should take around Derscon in a plane, landing on an island in the Northern Sea, just outside of the technological dead zone. From there, I will have a transport waiting for you, should you decide to come (And I pray you do) to meet me at the designated rendezvous point.

There is something I need to tell you, but I cannot do it here, and it is something that must be shown and observed with one’s own eyes.

You're the only one I can turn to right now, without putting even more people in jeopardy.

John

Pschycotic Pschycos 29-10-2006 16:14
Dear Leaders of Northrop Grumman,

We are indeed saddened to see you go, but we realize that any decisions you make are final, and there is no use in trying to argue.

We wish you peace and prosperity where ever you may end up, and we will always allow your ships a safe berth, and your people a safe place to visit. If any help is ever needed, we invite you to call upon us.

Sincerely,

Shogun Nakamura Himura Kenshin

Northrop-Grumman 31-10-2006 19:38
After the message from Prince John had been received, another interesting one was transmitted to the Kaymirilian and Anagonian fleets overhead by Chairman O’Neill.

<:: Sender: Jack O’Neill – Defense Central Command Datalink – Northrop-Grumman ::>
<:: Recipients: Commanders of the Kaymirilian and Anagonian Fleets ::>

Dear friends,

I wish to thank you greatly for your quick response time to our distress call and your determination in dealing with this perceived threat. I, along with the rest of the Corporation, am quite glad that your two nations are still allied with us, in light of a recent upheaval in the alliances that we are a part of, and wish to continue these relations far into the future. So I invite all crewmembers from both fleets down to our capital city so that you all may enjoy yourselves since you are all here anyway.

In closing, I again wish to thank both nations for coming to our aid. Your assistance was greatly appreciated.

Chairman Jack O’Neill
The Northrop-Grumman Corporation

Nestled within the stone walls of the ancient mansion and consumed in absolute darkness, a cold, damp chamber provided the necessary peace and quiet that Siri needed to meditate, to cope with the emotional pain that she had experienced over the past few weeks. For her mind, once sharp and concentrative, now wrestled with the thoughts of those who had perished during the war against Xanthal, friend and “enemy” alike. She had not seen the hundreds of thousands of people die first hand, but she saw the results, saw those family members who had survived the pointless endeavor, and saw the heartache that they had experienced, using her powers, as punishment for her inaction to stop the war. She also allowed her head and hands to remain heavily scarred and in pain from the effects of her own rage, brought on by the irrationality of her actions. Of course, she had the capability to restore herself to her former beauty but she chose not to, at least, not yet, for a lesson needed to be learned.

Though, for now, Siri sat upon the cold cobblestone floor with her eyes completely shut and her battered hands resting on top of one another in her lap. Her mind continued to ponder about everything that had occurred that day, reliving the pain and anguish that she had experienced. She found the memories to be quite troubling and stressful, but she continued to push through them, believing the direct approach was the best way to deal with her emotional problems. As a result her body began to tremble and break out into a sweat at what she was seeing, and tears began to fill her eyes. But a loud rap echoing throughout the dimly lit halls suddenly jolted her mind back from her thoughts. After rising from the floor, she opened the door of her room and peered out towards the front entrance. It quickly became apparent to her that someone was rapping upon the heavy wooden front doors with the brass knocker so she left her room and slowly walked towards the front of the mansion.

When she slid the locks away and cracked the door open a little, she saw an Air Force lieutenant in the typical blue uniform standing before her, clutching a few letters. Seeing her, he first saluted then began to speak, trying to avoid asking her about why she had been crying.

“Good evening, Madam Chairwoman, I have two letters for you from…”

The lieutenant had barely a chance to say anything more when Siri snatched the letters from his grasp and slammed the door right in his face. Then she set about flipping through each one, checking the addresses for who sent it and to whom it was sent. Finally spotting the one addressed to her, she tore the envelope open, yanked out its contents, and began to read. From what an observer could see, the letter did not surprise her for her face remained perfectly emotionless throughout reading it, but she was slightly startled at the request that was being made of her. Traveling to the Dersconi Tundra? she pondered, examining the map. A technological dead zone…so none of what I typically use will work…oh, just perfect. While a little concerned about the limited use of her preferred weapons, she trusted Prince John and was rather curious as to what this was all about so she folded the letter into her pocket and donned a coat as she ventured out into the night.

Back in the mansion, a lone person lingered around on the second floor, gazing down into the entranceway with her red eyes as she grasped the railing in front of her. She had been surveying this scene for some time, without the Chairwoman even noticing, and spoke out loud but to no one in particular.

“The path grows ever more treacherous in these times, but you must not allow these things to cause you to stumble, dear Siri, for in the end, great rewards shall be bestowed upon you…it may seem to you that this is how it ends, but you have been fooled by your own close-mindedness, your own pessimism…instead, this is how it begins…”

Kaymiril 02-11-2006 22:19
Northrop-Grumman wrote:After the message from Prince John had been received, another interesting one was transmitted to the Kaymirilian and Anagonian fleets overhead by Chairman O’Neill.

<:: Sender: Jack O’Neill – Defense Central Command Datalink – Northrop-Grumman ::>
<:: Recipients: Commanders of the Kaymirilian and Anagonian Fleets ::>

Dear friends,

I wish to thank you greatly for your quick response time to our distress call and your determination in dealing with this perceived threat. I, along with the rest of the Corporation, am quite glad that your two nations are still allied with us, in light of a recent upheaval in the alliances that we are a part of, and wish to continue these relations far into the future. So I invite all crewmembers from both fleets down to our capital city so that you all may enjoy yourselves since you are all here anyway.

In closing, I again wish to thank both nations for coming to our aid. Your assistance was greatly appreciated.

Chairman Jack O’Neill
The Northrop-Grumman Corporation

Terin d' Kestal read over this note, listening with half an ear as his younger cousin -- the Captain of the Fleet -- raged in the confines of her office...the same that he had dragged her to before she gave the order to fire.

Raged was the very correct term, for although the red-eyed dark-skinned beauty sat rigid in her chair, danger crackled around her like the very fires of death.

"How DARE you contradict me aboard my own command, Terin? You are an Ambassador, not a military man of sufficient rank to contradict ME while carrying out the orders of the Valshanth."

"Your orders, Captain, were to prevent a Dersconi attack on Northrop-Grumman. You have fulfilled that duty, now that Derscon faces Kaymirilian -- and Anagonian -- wrath should it attack, the situation has turned into something more diplomatic. Trust me, at least until the situation ends. Now...this letter thanks us for our swift response, and offers leave to your men. That is a decision you must make."

He set the message in front of her, leaving the room. The Derscon situation still had to be watched...by someone of noble rank.

Eyarayin tapped in a note and sent it back to the Chairman.

<:: Sender: Eyarayin d' Drasdera, Fleet Flagship Renor Ssa ::>
<:: Recipient: Chairman Jack O'Neill of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation ::>

Chairman O'Neill,

I thank you for your generous invitation of my crews to your city, but for the time being, I am afraid I must decline on behalf of my men.

When the situation reaches an end, if the offer is still open, then those of my men that desire to remain in your city and rest will be permitted to do so.

Eyarayin d' Drasdera,
Captain of the Kaymirilian 4th Fleet

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: And So This Is How It Ends (Attn: GPE)

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:14 am

You are a great Roleplayer. :)

Return to NationStates