NATION

PASSWORD

The Northrop-Grumman Corp. Treaty

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

The Northrop-Grumman Corp. Treaty

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Anagonia 22-09-2005 20:56
(RP Disclaimer: The events depicted here happen before the Anagonian Civil War. Thank You)

Blazing Blue class Scout Ship stats: Scroll down all the way (http://hawk.proboards1.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1103679193)

IC:

It had been a long trip from Novar, a few short Sub-Space jumps did indeed make the difference. But, the Commander didn't want to overheat the Fusion reactors. The ship was a simple one, the first class of ship in many decades to be built in the Anagonian Orbital Star-Yards, and it was a versatile Craft. The Blazing Blue Class Scout Ship, a beauty of manufacturing genius. A beauty to even look at. Even when it docked inside the Capital ships, the crew there have been known to say that it was, "too pretty for this Hanger." That statement alone made the Commander's of these three-crewed marvels swell with pride, and honor.

Drakomis was in a fitted quarters in the aft of the Scout. He had been looking at a pad and checking on Galactic Republic matters through-out the voyage. He rarely had little time to enjoy to himself, but he did enjoy the meals with the crew here. Either way, he loved to be in space, no matter the comfort factor. He was born a Warrior, and grown into a Leader. Every now and then, he enjoyed going along with the Military and working on Ships and Stations here and there.

The Scout heaved back, the forward a bit. They had exited Sub-Space. He got out of the bunk, and started towards the Bridge. It was only a short distance, after-all this was a small ship compared to most. He looked to the Commander, and gazed at the two crew-men.

"Are they here," he asked the Commander of the ship.

"Were doing Microwave Scans now, sir. They should show up." He looked at the Leader. "You might want to suit up."

Drakomis nodded, "Alright, and thanks. Don't want anyone finding out who we are, do we?"

A slight chuckle at the thought, and he went back to the crew quarters. Slowly, he suited up in a dark uniform, which looked like armor in a sense. Finally, after putting on something extra, he placed his helmet on his head. It was a dark helmet, looking like a motorcyclist’s helmet. Smooth, almost oval. A red orb, an "eye" of sorts, appeared in the front. It signified the direction the individual was looking inside the helmet. The dark cape came on afterwards, hiding anything to give away their species.

Patiently, he waited, for word of their arrival.

Northrop-Grumman 22-09-2005 21:29
OOC: Prometheus Class Battle Cruiser Stats (http://s6.invisionfree.invalid.com/Internationa ... &p=1446857)

IC: The Prometheus Class Battle Cruiser exited hyperspace quite smoothly for a vessel that size. Its gray hull slowed down as it made its approach and stopped parallel along the side of the Anagonian vessel. Next, the commander of the vessel transmitted an audio message:
Code: Select all
This is Colonel Allison of the NGSS Traversa.I assume that you are the Anagonian delegation. Am I correct?

Anagonia 22-09-2005 21:44
The Commander gave the com to Drakomis, his helmet picking the signal.

"Yes, this is. We are from the Galactic Republic of Anagonia, and we have come on behalf of Diplomatic Relations."

(Short post gets short post :P )

Northrop-Grumman 22-09-2005 22:02
The Chairman of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation, General Jack O’Neill, had strolled onto the bridge as the transmission from Drakomis was received. He was wearing his dark blue, formal Air Force uniform with his service cap in his arm. He never really liked it because it was a little too stiff when he moved, but nevertheless, he had to wear it for these occasions. Immediately, upon his entering the bridge, the crew stood at attention.

“As you were,” O’Neill commanded. “Colonel, what’s our status?”

Colonel Allison, who was standing in front of his command chair, turned on the screen, which showed the full length of the Anagonian vessel. “Sir, we have taken up position parallel to their ship and have confirmed their identity.”

“Very well,” O’Neill pressed a button on the chair to transmit a message. “This is Chairman Jack O’Neill of the Corporation. Perhaps y’all would like to come aboard here for the meeting. I’m not sure if your ship has a conference room, but we have a fairly large one for this very reason. Would this be alright?”

Anagonia 22-09-2005 22:13
Drakomis looked towards the Commander, whom nodded in return.

"Alright, where can we dock?" He gazed out of the window... "How can we dock....," he said to himself quietly.

It was a beautiful ship, one of good design. It could perhaps stand up to, if not against, an Anagonian Battlecruiser. Excellent, if they were to be allies, it would be mutually beneficial for them both. Plus, Drakomis like the idea of having another Space-Faring civ out there as an Ally. Perhaps, just perhaps, this time he would finally get something solid out of these meetings.

He sighed through his helmet, thinking hard as he walked back a short passage-way. He wondered what would come of this, what would be beneficial. Drakomis hoped a lot, for he already had too many problems on his hands.

His last thought was of wondering if what was ahead....was war...

Northrop-Grumman 22-09-2005 22:26
O’Neill smirked as he heard the last transmission. “Docking? We don’t use need to use docking for this.”

He then pointed to one of the crewmen toward the back of the bridge and then pointed to an empty section of deck near him. The man nodded and began pressing numerous buttons and switches on the console around him.

He then announced to the Chairman, “Teleporting now, sir.”

Within a split second, the delegation would disappear in a brilliant flash of light that appeared to shoot through the ceiling of the deck of their ship, and with a same flash of light, they would reappear in the center of the Traversa’s bridge behind the command chair. Normally, for a meeting like this, the delegation would be teleported to the conference room or somewhere in near it, but, as the crew guessed correctly, the Chairman just wanted to show off.

Anagonia 22-09-2005 22:36
Drakomis Gaze went to black, then after a split-second, he appeared somewhere else. He almost fell, catching himself as he fell to his knees. With a shake of his head, he stood. His black helmet showing nothing, then a red orb appeared, flashing brightly as it gazed around, the helmet moving left and right with it. He stood, slowly, what seemed to be like a black, armored tail slipping beneath the dark cape as he stood, it seemingly hiding his lower body, at least from the shoulders down..

The red "eye" fell upon someone whom stood near him. The red "eye" seemed to go off as his head bowed somewhat, then recovered the gaze of the orb back upon the individual.

"I am Drakomis Nokomis Reign, Leader of the Galactic Republic of Anagonia. I come on behalf of Diplomacy and Peace."

He waited, just to make sure whom he talked to was the person whom he was supposed to talk to. He was, after all, wearing a blue uniform of sorts...with strange markings on it, which looked like old style uniforms that Drakomis could easily remember some of his People wearing long ago.

Northrop-Grumman 22-09-2005 22:51
O’Neill was startled when Drakomis appeared in front of him. He did not really expect someone looking quite like this. What the hell? he thought as he looked over the strange being from where he was standing and took note of everything he saw. Is this who I’m supposed to be meeting? The rest of the crew immediately stopped what they were doing and watched from where their stations were, not knowing what to make of this scene. They had seen some strange sights in their lifetimes but this had to be the strangest.

When Drakomis introduced himself, O’Neill realized that this was indeed whom he was supposed to meet with. He finally decided to make the best of the situation by extending his hand out for a handshake.

“Howdy, I’m General Jack O’Neill, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation.”

Anagonia 23-09-2005 09:43
Drakomis took one more quick glance around the room, noticing that everyone had stopped what they were doing and gazed at him. It was an odd situation for a moment or two, but as soon as the one in front of him spoke, he knew he was in the right place.

Drakomis extended his hand to meet General Jack O'Neill's.

"Nice to meet you, General. What can I call you by?" His voice seemed modified, in a sense. But, in reality, this was a precaution as well. The Anagonians only revealed themselves to people they could trust. So, unless otherwise, everyone would see this black suit from now on.

His hand shook firmly, and beneath the black gloves one could easily tell that something....sharp....lay at the end of each finger. But that was a subject for another time, Drakomis hoped.

"I hope General is alright," he finished.

Northrop-Grumman 23-09-2005 14:54
O’Neill grasped Drakomis’ hand and shook it. To him, it did not feel like a typical handshake because he felt something strange through the gloves on Drakomis’ hand. It was sharp on the ends of the fingers. Hmm…that's a little odd, but then again what isn't on him. O’Neill pondered. Although, I wonder what’s exactly under all that armor. Maybe I’ll find out later…or maybe I won’t.

“Nice to meet you, too. You can call me either General, Chairman, Jack, or O’Neill. I don’t really mind which one, but what do I call you? Drakomis?”

Anagonia 23-09-2005 15:07
"Sure," he said, as the handshake ended. "Call me Drakomis, Drak, or, as I heard some people call me, Drak-o." He chuckled at that.

"So, General," he thought for a moment, "Mr. O'Neill. What type of business has brought us here again? I seem to have forgotten after that....interesting entrance."

For some reason, inside his helmet no displays were on informing him of the situation. For some reason, it seemed, the electronics there were offline. His Red "eye" worked, it still concentrated on O'Neill, even blinking here and there. But inside the helmet all he saw was the outside, and no screen or anything of the like. Drakomis shrugged at this, he supposed it was a malfunction from the sudden....he supposed....teleportation.

Northrop-Grumman 23-09-2005 15:24
Nearly all of the crewmembers on the bridge had returned to their duties. As they worked, they glanced up every now and then to watch what was going on, but the commander of the Traversa, who had returned to his command chair, kept shooting looks at them to remind them keep their attention set to their work. Meanwhile, O’Neill continued with his conversation with Drakomis.

“Well, we were going to hammer out details of an alliance of sorts.” He looked around him before he spoke again. “But I really don’t think this is the place to discuss all that. I could go for somewhere with a lot less distractions.” He motioned towards a large sliding door across the bridge from him. “Shall we, Drak-o?"

Anagonia 23-09-2005 18:41
Drakomis nodded, with a chuckle coming from him. He would follow the General to the room motioned towards, and his body turned towards the sliding door after the chuckle. With a thought coming to mind, his red "eye" went to the complete side of the helmet, impossible for eyes to do normally at that angle. It remained constant, not blinking, as he started to walk with Jack.

"No one has called me that in a while," he started, "Drak-o, I mean." His red "eye" went back to the front of the helmet, a normal position. "Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come."

Hopefully, thought Drakomis to himself, these people will be the ones to trust. A slight pause in thought, That hasn't happened, it seems, in centuries.

Northrop-Grumman 23-09-2005 19:05
O’Neill nodded in agreement to Drakomis’ last statement and led him through the sliding door into the conference room adjacent to the bridge. It was a fairly large room that looked different than the rest of the vessel. It did not have the military look and feel to it but instead appeared quite futuristic. The lighting illuminated the entire room evenly and seemed to have no origination. Several wide windows were present in the opposite wall, which looked directly out over the Anagonian vessel. The room was furnished with a long metallic table with two chairs at each end and many more running along the sides of it. It also had a bar built into the wall to provide those that met in the room with a much needed drink.

O’Neill spoke once again to Drakomis. “This is it. I know it’s not exactly the most spectacular thing in the galaxy, but it should work just fine.”

Anagonia 23-09-2005 19:13
He gazed around, his "helmet" moved as he did. He would be satisfied with even the smallest of rooms, but this was good too. An approving nod, and his red "eye" as with the helmet itself, looked towards Jack O'Neill.

"It's good, better than what's on the Scout, and better than most things I've seen." He sighed approvingly. "So, shall we get started?"

He would eventually sit wherever the General would indicate. But not before something moved beneath his cape. A hand came out, with a pad, of sorts. Information was empty on it, but soon it wouldn't be.

"I'm ready, I suppose. Perhaps later-" he motioned towards the little bar "-my helmet can come off for a nice drink?"

Of course, he would definitely enjoy something to drink after his voyage.

Northrop-Grumman 23-09-2005 19:36
O’Neill was surprised at the remark. The helmet might come off? he thought. This should be something interesting to see.

He nodded in agreement and replied, “Yeah, that sounds pretty good. I think after any kind of diplomatic meeting you need a good drink.” He motioned towards the table. “Well, let’s get started then.”

He took a seat in one of the chairs along the side of the table and expected Drakomis to sit opposite to him. He felt that if he were going to be working on an alliance, it would not be all that friendly to be almost five meters away, on the other side of the room, from the other leader. He settled back into the fairly comfortable chair and rested his arms on the armrests. The chair was not your typical metal and cushioning seating device. It had numerous controls built behind a panel in the arms, could elevate itself, swivel, and even could heat up and massage the person’s back.

Anagonia 23-09-2005 23:25
Drakomis looked at the chair just across from General Jack O'Neill. He sat, having to adjust something as he did as was seen him moving a tad bit in discomfort. However, his gaze turned back to the Jack's, and his eye went off for a second, then back on, obviously a blink. A satisfied, almost modified. "sigh", came from his helmet. He took serious note of the chairs.

"Well, I suppose we should start." He grabbed his pad, and looked at it, his thumb touching its surface lightly. "What is the first order of business?"

Naturally, he respected the General by now, and wanted him to bring up the first issue. After all, even if it was agreed upon to meet, it still was his ship and his nation, or corporation that they were dealing with here.

"Also," he looked at his pad again, the red "eye" gazing downward at it every time, "Is there any concerns or questions about our Galactic Republic you might have?"

Northrop-Grumman 23-09-2005 23:41
O’Neill reached into his coat pocket and took a sheet of paper that contained a list of issues he had compiled before he boarded the Traversa. Several of the issues were of importance while others, not so much. He unfolded it and laid it on the table in front of him before he spoke.

“Well…” O’Neill leaned back a little in the chair. “I have quite a few questions, but there has been something on my mind since you got here.” He then motioned towards Drakomis. “What’s with the get-up? The…uh…armor that you’re wearing? Is it like a life support system or do you not like your true self to be seen or what?”

Anagonia 23-09-2005 23:54
Drakomis nodded, "Your interests are understood. I suppose I could take a leap here and-" his hands reached for his helmet, "-show you what we look like, at a distance."

There was a slight hiss, something that one would have to listen hard for. Of course, in this room, anyone could hear it. His dark helmet went off slowly, forward first, then he set it on the table a moment later. A light, "clack", as it touched the surface of the table.

Drakomis's face was of a Reptilian's, a snout and all. If anything could resemble this creature, it would be the Komodo Dragons of Earth. There was a lot of history in this being, in this face. The scales would want to look wrinkled, but somehow it seemed something held it back. Obviously, there were many more secrets hidden, but not beneath the armor of this creature.

"I, we, are Komodren. Our Homeworld, as you already know, is Novar. But the truth behind that is another story." His voice was low, almost of someone whom just woke up in the morning. But, in this case, he spoke low, slowly, to get the information out.

"I could give you our full history, but that’s something that remains hidden. I can say that-" his still-gloved hand rubbed across his snout, his reptilian eyes fixed on General O'Neill. "-I am more than likely older than you."

A smile, at least as best as a smile could get, came on his face. "Any more questions?"

Northrop-Grumman 24-09-2005 00:16
O’Neill returned the chair’s back to its original position and watched with interest as Drakomis removed his helmet. He was expecting a disfigured human or maybe some sort of machine, but when the helmet finally was rested on the table and O’Neill had the full view of Drakomis, he raised his eyebrows at what was sitting before him. It was not something he was expecting, and he paused for a moment before he spoke.

“This wasn’t something I was expecting, but, nevertheless, I’m glad to finally have met the true you."

He nodded to Drakomis' last question. "There's another I have. How do you normally feel about other species? Are they persecuted or anything of the sort?"

Anagonia 24-09-2005 00:25
"Hmmmmm.....," a gurgle of sorts, obviously something of some kind of age. "No, not really." A slight pause as he gathered his thoughts.

"We have humans that live among us, but we sometimes like to hide from them." He wouldn't elaborate on this point. "We also have a few other species."

He nodded, "That’s about all, and we don't persecute our people, no matter the race. Why?" He gave a moment for O'Neill to guess. "They are the People, the ones that choose the destiny of this Nation."

"So," he tilted his reptilian head, obviously interested in his questions, "anything else? How far does our Reach go? How many planets? Political Structure?"

He was, indeed, not surprised by O'Neill's reaction, and was glad to see him not be interestingly afraid. He could trust him now, and that was enough.

Northrop-Grumman 24-09-2005 00:53
O’Neill was pleased by the reply and was glad he was not dealing with any xenophobes. If he had found out they were, then Drakomis probably would have been asked to leave, and any diplomatic ties would be promptly severed. The Corporation always had a strict policy about that sort of thing. He nodded happily at the explanation Drakomis gave and was pleased that the meeting was going this well.

“I’m glad to hear that. It’s always nice to see more people have the same respect for other species as we do.”

O’Neill was finding all of this rather interesting so he figured that he might as well ask another question. “What is the political structure like?”

Anagonia 24-09-2005 01:21
"Well," he sighed, "I suppose it’s complicated, but simple at the same time." His hands clasped together, he leaning forward as he looked down, then back at O'Neill. "Our main body is representative, in a way. However each representative is stationed with each Planet in the Systems."

He continued after a pause. "It's basically this way," an extended hand touched the table beside him, "each representative is a Senator, and basically they have people beneath them that listen to the cries and will of the People, mainly through Votes and the like."

He closed his eyes, thinking. "After which each one is reviewed in the Republic Senate, and so on. But basically, if I had to put it into a word." Oh, he was having trouble now, "A Democracy basically, controlled mainly by the voices and concerns of the people, whom elect them and the like."

He opened his eyes, a serious look in them, "Although now, with recent events of a few months, I am concerned that the Senate has their own will in mind, and not that of the people."

He sat back, getting comfortable again. "But, that concern is for another time, and I'm sure the Forty-Five systems or so are doing well." He waved through the air, "I have a Diplomatic mission to attend to after this, but I am seriously in no hurry."

He meant that statement, his eyes, his expression, showed he wanted to stay as long as possible.

"I forgot one thing," he started to conclude, "political parties are another thing differently." He sighed, "It's basically entwined between four Parties, but going into that would be mental suicide!" He laughed at that, "I'm sure you understand."

"Anyway," he started to ask, "on a lighter subject, what is your Political System like?"

Northrop-Grumman 24-09-2005 01:52
As Drakomis explained the workings of his government, O’Neill listened carefully and tried to follow the best he could. When Drakomis had finished, he took a moment to collect his thoughts before he replied.

“Well, your system is way different from ours. Let me try to explain this the best I can.” He shifted himself around in the chair to get more comfortable. “In a way, it’s is almost like a combination of an autocracy and a democracy.”

“In the mainland, back on Earth, at the top of the ‘political ladder’ is the Chairman, which of course is me. Next, would be my wife. She doesn’t have an official title yet, but she holds almost all the same powers as I do. In line after her is the Vice-Chairman. He holds all the exact same powers as my wife.”

“Now, the rest of the nation is divided into counties, then townships, then cities. All of the people that administrate those subdivisions are elected solely by popular vote from the people. The only city that does not follow that is the capital city which is run by myself.”

“The colonies are different than the mainland. The three in the Criun System are each almost self-governing in case they are cut off from the central government. Each colony has a governor that is elected by the people but still has to carry out what I say. Though, the other colony that’s being built on Mercury has a combination of a civilian and military government for the time being. This is to ensure the stability of it as it’s just being started.”

“I know that’s a lot to take in at one time." O’Neill took a deep breath before he spoke again. "Do you have any more questions?”

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Benevolent Dictatorship

Re: The Northrop-Grumman Corp. Treaty

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Anagonia 24-09-2005 02:02
Drakomis was still taking in all the info when he shook his head, "No, not really. I think were even here." But, he understood quickly, and he enjoyed this little topic of discussion. There were more pressing matters especially that of an Alliance he had in mind to mention. He had a feeling that they would come in handy in the future, he had a dark feeling that something bad lay on the horizon. He didn't know what, but all he knew was that any recognition now would definitely ease this feeling.

One more nod, then he spoke again, a slight hiss from his throat as he cleared it. "I suppose now we can get on to talks?" No insult intended, he was just blunt sometimes.

Northrop-Grumman 24-09-2005 12:50
O’Neill nodded and sat up in his chair. “Very well. We will start.”

He then took the sheet of paper in front of him and quickly scanned down the list in his hand and chose the most important one, in his opinion. “I think the first order of business we should discuss is the terms of a military alliance. Perhaps something along the lines of us providing defense you in case you’re ever attacked and vice versa. What do you think? Maybe there's something else we could add to that.”

Anagonia 24-09-2005 12:59
Drakomis nodded in approval, "That is an acceptable proposal. I would even go so far as to have our two Military's, in time, have a," he thought for a long moment for the word, "....exchange program of sorts. But that would be perhaps later in the future." Another quick nod.

"Now, back to the Military Alliance, it would be highly beneficial on our behalf to have another Space-Borne Empire have close ties with us in Military terms, and the same way around with ours and yours." His hand waved right, "A 'just-in-case' scenario if you will."

Having his say, his hands went to the sides of the chair, then clasped together in his lap. "What’s your say on this?"

Northrop-Grumman 24-09-2005 13:26
O’Neill thought for a moment then replied. “I agree completely with what you’re saying about a military alliance. I believe we can both benefit from it in many ways. One of which is that both forces can become more experienced because we would be working together and exchanging ideas and tactics.”

“Well, now, about that exchange program. We already have something like that running for another nation we’re allied with and it has been working remarkably well. There are several SG teams and…I think…three battle cruisers that have fully integrated crews. It wouldn’t be all that hard to implement.”

Anagonia 24-09-2005 13:30
Drakomis nodded in agreement with the first statement, then the same with the second. "Yes, it would be beneficial, and agreeable. It would be interesting to see how our Warriors and Crews deal with the new technology."

He tilted his head, "Speaking of technology, what kind of technology do you employ?"

Northrop-Grumman 24-09-2005 13:56
O'Neill quickly replied with all the information that he knew to the best of his knowledge. “All of our ships use ion particle drives for sublight propulsion and hyperspace window generators for faster-than-light propulsion. Now the weapons vary from ship-to-ship. Some have ion and plasma cannons, while others have missiles and railguns. It really depends on the type of ship. Nearly all controls on the ships use simple buttons, dials, and switches. It keeps things less complicated and it works rather well.”

He gestured to the room around him. “The power source for this class of battle cruiser comes from naquadah, an element that we mine which produces tremendous amounts of energy. It is also used for nuclear missiles, which can have very devastating effects when detonated. Although, most of the larger classes use matter/antimatter reactors or the new zero point modules.”

“That pretty much covers the main systems of the fleet. Is there anything else you’d like to know?”

Anagonia 24-09-2005 14:32
Drakomis's eyes lit up when he heard about these new energy sources, and especially this element called....Nag-ge-duh....hmmm. Interesting, he thought to himself. He nodded at the end of each sentence, and finally shook his head at the end of O'Neill's statement.

"No, no further questions. I believe I am satisfied." He was, of course. He sat back further, and gazed at his pad, looking up every now and then as he gazed through some...unknown information, pressing the pad a few times.

"Nope, I'm satisfied..."

Northrop-Grumman 24-09-2005 20:22
O’Neill leaned back in his chair and pondered for a moment. Hmmm…very few of the leaders that I’ve met with use ships to hold these diplomatic meetings unless it’s in a time of war…which we’re not in right now...I wonder what they use for transportation.

“I have a one more question." He leaned forward in his chair with his elbows on the armrests. "What do you use to travel between the various planets and systems in the Republic? I mean, I hope you’re not spending money on ridiculous amounts of ships to do that.”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 13:09
"Well," Drakomis was a bit surprised by the question, "How we travel?"

For a long moment, Drakomis pondered there, his reptilian eyes and snout gazing downwards as he thought. He really hadn't thought about how Sub-Space worked in a long while, longer since he was there when it was Invented.

"That was over Two-Hundred and twenty(220) years ago," he said, almost as if implying he had been alive that long, "Yes, I remem-" He stopped, looking up at O'Neill, then back down, clearing his throat.

"Basically, we use a form of 'Long-Range' travel called 'Sub-Space'. It’s somewhat hard to describe, but you enter a shortcut that takes you to your destination." He paused, "Sometimes, when you’re in no hurry, you can stay within this shortcut for long periods." A grin came over his reptilian face, "Which means that if you wanted to attack someone by surprise, hundreds of ships could be waiting to exit Sub-Space near your fleet, and you'd never know they were there."

He hoped O'Neill didn't get the wrong idea about what he said. Drakomis didn't mean to imply that there were ships waiting somewhere. It was just a fact, something that had been proven again and again to be useful.

"It's a very dangerous mode of travel," Drakomis started to finish his explanation, "especially when you exited Sub-Space. But, what protects us is an Electro-Magnetic Shield Generator. We don't know why, but even at its lowest setting possible it just...." he made an opening motion with his hands "....well, since it uses these EM Generations as an opening tool at first, it basically maintains them as a safe-guard within Sub-Space, keeping the ships safe for long periods." He looked at his pad, his hands clasping again. "That’s the reason why that ships Exiting Sub-Space have these beautiful bolts of particles surrounding their shields and hulls. It’s the after-effect of the EM Waves ,and basically what’s within Sub-Space that can be deadly."

Sure, he could go in-depth in it, and explain every last detail to what he knew, on how the Sub-Space Generator worked, and what those mysterious bolts of particles were. But, that would take hours. Yes, he could lesson it by explaining it in a lesser form, but it would be complicated. And, having not remembered in some while about Sub-Space, he would have to pause for long moments just trying to remember way back when.

A satisfied sigh came from Drakomis, an almost gurgling sigh, as he finished his explanation. "I hope that was satisfactory to what you’re desired to hear." He waved a hand, "Anything else? Weapon specifics or Military things?"

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 13:35
O’Neill listened intently and tried to understand everything which Drakomis said. He was glad that Drakomis did not go into every little detail. Otherwise the entire explanation would have gone right over his head. He took a second to absorb everything that was said before he spoke.

“It’s a bit more complicated than I expected and much more dangerous than our hyperdrives. The worst that can happen to us is that we can get knocked off course by some sort of shockwave and wind up way out in the middle of nowhere. But it seems that your way has its advantages, too.”

“We don’t use ships that often for civilian transport between our planets. We instead use a device called a stargate. It’s a big super-conductive ring, 22 feet wide that can send people across the galaxy in seconds using what is called a wormhole. It’s a lot quicker, safer, and more cost-effective than using ships all the time.”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 13:49
"Star..gate?" Drakomis thought for a moment. "OH! Stargate...yes, I believe I heard about it, if not seen it, in a communiqué once before."

Yes, he remembered well. He had seen some specifics on it somewhere back when. But, truthfully, he never knew how, or never seen it, work. It seemed to be a complicated device, but until the time when he would be able to see it work, he wouldn't know how it did. He was just that way, and he would more than likely have to see the specs on it again. It had been...many, many years.

"Very interesting device, from what I remember." A slight sigh, "I must admit however, that I am at a loss as to how it works. I've never seen it work myself, but I've seen the specifics, and details. But-" he shrugged "-like I said, having not seen it work, I wouldn't know." He laughed, "I'll have to get the specs again, no doubt. It’s been many, many years."

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 14:11
O’Neill sat back in his chair and smiled. This is an excellent opportunity, he thought. I'd be a fool not to try to go through with this.

“Perhaps, I can show you how it all works and maybe, if you're interested, we could trade technology. We could give you everything you need to set up your own gates including all the technical stuff in exchange for…say…those engines in your ships. What do you think?”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 14:29
Drakomis tilted his head, then looked to his Pad after straightening it. "So, which ones....our Hydrogen Reactor and Drive, or our Fusion Reactor and Drive?" He shrugged, "We basically use both types of Reactors for maintaining energy to our Battlecruisers and Cruisers, but both can be easily made into Drives."

"Although," he stopped to think for a moment, "we are experts at getting Energy from Hydrogen-based reactors and the like. We use Fuel-Cells from Hydrogen for our vehicles, and those giant Reactors and Energy plants are power-savers to say the least."

He waited for his reply, confident the General meant the Drives that power the engines of their ships.

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 14:44
O’Neill suddenly realized the error in what he had said and became a little uncomfortable in his seat. He was not an expert on technology, and all he knew about most of the propulsion systems on the vessels is that they worked.

“Well, I…I was talking about the…propulsion systems…that get the ship into subspace. We have this habit of referring to whatever makes the ship go anywhere as ‘engines.’ I’m sorry about that.”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 17:47
"Oh...."

It was Drakomis's turn to be uncomfortable in his seat. He even had to adjust a few times. Clearing his throat, and looking down, he twiddled his thumbs for a bit as he tried to sit back. Obviously, he was embarrassed, it could even show through his green cheek scales.

"Yea....sorry about that...."

Once more, he cleared his throat, and looked back to O'Neill. "Sure, we can arrange that." He looked away, "Sure can."

"We'd, uh," he looked back, snout tilted a bit down, still embarrassed by his abruptness earlier, "love to share our Sub-Space technology, and even help you out in making it safe."

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 18:44
O’Neill noticed the uneasiness filling the room so he decided he had to do something to lighten the mood. He rose from his seat and walked over towards the bar on the side of the room.

“I think it’s time we had something to drink.” He opened the cabinet, which contained all sorts of beverages in many different bottles: scotch, whiskey, wine, beer, brandy, and several others. He took out a bottle of Guinness for himself then turned to Drakomis. “What will you have, Drak-o?”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 18:53
Drakomis stood, pretending to stretch. "I suppose," he said, "I shall have something very strong."

Sometimes alcoholic beverages help relax him. It wouldn't do anything to get him drunk, he was quite used to it, and basically his body would have to have something stronger to make it wobble. He wondered if he should go over and get his own glass, but instead he sat, trying not to do anything harsh.

"Something very strong please."

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 19:16
O’Neill nodded. “Alrighty. A vodka it will be.” He took a clear bottle of vodka out of the cabinet and poured a glass for Drakomis. After popping the top off of his beer bottle, he took the glass over to Drakomis and sat back down in his chair. Ah, this should lighten the mood up just fine, he thought as he looked at the beer.

He then decided to raise his bottle up. “I propose we make a toast. To new allies.”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 19:24
He raised his glass, "To new allies."

Drakomis then proceeded to open his snout, which exposed his many sharp teeth along the sides, and he clasped the end of his snout at the point of the glass, and started to drink the vodka.....and didn't stop until it was done. A slight sigh, and he looked back at O'Neill as he set his glass down.

"Good stuff," he commented on the drink, "good stuff."

It would only take a few minutes before Drakomis's mind calmed, and he looked back at Jack with renewed interest.

"So, shall we continue?"

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 19:55
O’Neill took a drink of his beer but chose not to finish all of like Drakomis had, because he wanted to make it last for a while. He set the bottle down in front of him and nodded at Drakomis’ question.

“Sure. Let’s see…” He looked at his list again. “Perhaps, we could begin various trade routes between our two nations and remove any trade barriers too. It would help out our economies and such and create a greater diversity in the markets. What do you think?”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 20:01
"I believe that is a good idea, my Freighters haven't been used much in a long while. I would enjoy having good trade, and reducing these 'barriers'."

He took a look at his pad for a moment, setting it on the table. It pressed a few things on it and looked back at Jack.

"Yes, this would be greatly beneficial. What do you purpose we trade? I believe we have much to offer." He looked back down, then up again.

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 20:16
O’Neill thought for a moment then replied. “Well, we have a wide variety of foods, plenty of electronics, gasoline-powered automobiles, construction equipment, synthetic petroleum, and several different kinds of metals, including naquadah. There are many more but I can't remember all of them at the moment. What do y'all have?”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 20:23
"Well," he looked at his pad, taking a long pause, then he started again, "I suppose we have One specific type of Military jet, Hydrogen Fuel-Celled cars....hmmm."

He looked along the list, thinking hard as he did. It was not often that he had to do this, in fact it was rare. Drakomis was enjoying this meeting, it was making him look back on what made Anagonia what it is today.

He sighed, so much to say, so little time.

"Nuclear torpedoes, Food, Military Equipment, Planetary Defenses, Military Weapons, Supplies, Currency, Minerals, Technology, and all therein."

He looked back up at O'Neill. "It seems I have much to offer, really. Just...what you need, I suppose."

Drakomis shrugged after he said that, he had a lot to trade, and this was the first time in centuries someone asked what Anagonia had to offer. This was getting interesting, very interesting indeed.

"Where shall we start?"

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 20:37
O’Neill raised his eyebrows as Drakomis went through the list of all he had to offer, because he could not believe all that Anagonia had. The vast amount was quite impressive. He nodded his head to all which Drakomis had said.

“Those hydrogen fuel-celled cars would be a nice addition to all the gasoline-powered cars we have. It would probably be better for the environment and could be much cheaper in upkeep.”

“Food would also be great too. You can never have too much variety. I can imagine that you have many different exotic foods to trade.”

“Now we could use some more planetary defenses to complement the ones we already have. What exactly do you have in that area?”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 20:57
Drakomis nodded, having noted O’Neill’s interest earlier, at least that’s what he thought an Eye-brow raise meant.

"Hydrogen Fuel-Cells are cheap to manufacture, and basically operate in a similar fashion as a Gasoline-powered car. However, Hydrogen, being everywhere on any inhabitable planet in our opinion, reproduces itself. So, basically it’s much cheaper than manufacturing crude oil." He stopped to give Jack a chance to keep up. He started again after a moment of silence, "It's just the object of refueling the fuel cells, and the people are off again."

He raised a hand, "I'll go into specific about that later."

"Now," he acknowledged O’Neill’s second comment, "we have many exotic foods, some of which are basic apples and oranges, but range to what taste like mixes between Earthian foods. Some just don't fit into those categories, and were sure you'd love to try those. For example," he pressed something on his pad looking down at it for a moment, "the Di'Lan fruit has a very fresh and heavenly taste to it, it seems impossible to describe. Its benefits range from helping ones immune system to basic bodily functions." He chuckles, "It’s a doctor’s dream!"

"But," he sighed, "It's originally only from, and basically on now, Novar and its moon, Nunar. But we have surplus, and are attempting to plant it elsewhere so we can benefit from its rarity."

"About the Planetary defenses," he looked down at his pad for a long minute, then back at Jack again. "We basically employ the same types of weapons we use on our Capital ships."

"One type being the Electro-Magnetic Microwave Projection Cannon, the other being the Electro-Magnetic Fusion Projection Cannon." He shrugged, "EMMPC or EMMFPC for short."

"Another," he looked down at the pad again, "is a Point-Defense system, which is installed on all Satellite Defenses, and Ion Cannons, which is our Main weapon system."

Drakomis sat back, taking in a deep breath, and letting it out. He wanted to know what O'Neill had to offer, but he allowed his explanation to settle in first. He hoped this would be the start of a Military Trade-off.

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 22:09
O’Neill listened carefully to everything Drakomis said. Even though he was interested in the Di'Lan fruit for more personal reasons, he thought that the Corporation could use the extra planetary defense weaponry and decided that it would be best to attempt to trade for it.

“Perhaps, we could trade some weapons for those planetary defenses.” He thought about it for a moment. “We could trade multiple naquadah-tipped nuclear missiles with a yield of a little over twelve gigatons, several different kinds of power sources for military ships, a few classes of fighters, cloaking devices, or, if you want, technology that’s installed on ship systems, which enables you to use your mind to control things. It has to be put into your head, too, but you can use it to do simple things such as open doors or something a little more complex such as fly a fighter."

Anagonia 25-09-2005 22:28
Drakomis nodded at the choices, approving all of them. But he had to choose, and it would be a hard choice.

Thinking for a long moment at his Fighter capabilities, and ship power sources. He quickly chose his choice.

"Fighters would be nice, even as we have a versatile fighter of our own, we will need more in the future." He nodded, "We'd gladly trade for such."

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 22:34
O’Neill nodded and took a drink of his beer. Not a bad trade at all, he thought and was going to agree to the deal, but he had one question in his mind about these planetary defenses.

“Well, before I say ok, I need to know how they work and what exactly do they do?”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 22:45
Oh boy, not this question. But, it was coming anyway. Slowly, he grabbed his pad, and took a long look at it. Drakomis looked back at O'Neill after a long pause.

"It basically depends on what you want."

"First, there is the Planet-based weapons. Namely the Electro-Magnetic Microwave Projection Cannons. Their ideal for long range attack, since their beams last longer than, let's say, fusion. Their powered by Electro-Magnetic Microwave Generators, for a lack of a better description." He looked down at the pad, then back up. "However, it does take a while for them to charge, but when they do, they can definitely bring a punch to an attacking ship."

"Second, there's the Satellite-Based weapons. In this category, the one named most often is the Ion Cannon. This is basically a Cannon powered by a Fusion reactor and Gaseous Coolant. It does take some time to charge, but its, arguably, the most powerful weapon we have." He sighed, "Some people believe it’s the EM Microwave Projection Cannons, or even the EM Fusion Projection Cannons. But that’s another debate in itself."

"Third, and finally, is the missile launchers. They basically have Nuclear Torpedoes and Point Defense Turrets."

He shrugged, "All defenses have a Point Defense capability, namely the EM Microwave Projection Point Defense." He laughed, "As you can tell, were experts at Microwave Weapons as well, and we even use it for sensors!"

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 23:02
“Impressive,” O’Neill commented. It would work perfectly in the defense grid, he thought. Now, we can finally get the colonies up to full protection. So that way we can free up nearly half of all the ships stationed there. All I need to do now is close the deal.

“I believe that it will work just fine for us. We could definitely use the extra firepower." He smiled as he replied. "It’s a deal then.”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 23:10
Drakomis nodded, "Good."

He sat silent for a bit, thinking about what to say next. For a moment there, he was going to go and link up somewhere to sign on his pad, so it would be made official. But, he wanted to see if Jack could take a joke, albeit a serious insult if taken a different way. He shrugged, unseen he hoped, and then look mysteriously at O'Neill.

"Now, surrender your ship."

Drakomis tried to have a serious face, but on the left side of his snout something twitched. This would signal he was either kidding, bluffing, or lying in any situation, if someone knew him. If Jack was experienced in these area's he would see the sign given by Drakomis' unconscious mind.

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 23:24
O’Neill quickly looked up from his sheet of paper and stared right at Drakomis. It startled him at first, but he started to think that it was just a joke. Who in their right mind would suddenly demand that he surrender his ship while they were on it? Also he thought that the twitch must have meant something. Ah, what the hell… he thought, and in the most serious face he could muster, he drew out his service pistol.

“No, you surrender your ship, now!”

Anagonia 25-09-2005 23:30
Drakomis laughed, a deep voiced-laugh. He stood and looked at O'Neill, extending his hand for a shake.

"No chances, I like that."

He laughed a bit after that, then a serious face came over him, his hand still extended.

"I'm glad you just didn't shoot me, it tells me that you’re not a corrupt leader."

Northrop-Grumman 25-09-2005 23:42
O’Neill lowered the weapon and started laughing.

“Not bad acting there. You had me fooled for a moment.”

He then shook Drakomis’ hand.

“Well, I try not to be too trigger happy."

Anagonia 26-09-2005 11:07
Drakomis nodded happily, glad to see that he was dealing with a sensible, yet cautious, leader. He would enjoy the rest of the negotiations, and would definitely enjoy good relations with both Jack, and Northrop-Grumman.

"It is definitely a pleasure to finally meet a worthy Leader. Forgive me for my 'joke'," he chuckled a bit, his hand going down from the shake, "but I just wanted to see what would happen."

With a last nod, he sat, and grabbed his pad. "So, with our little 'atmosphere lightener', of sorts, out of the way. Shall we continue?"

Northrop-Grumman 26-09-2005 11:22
O’Neill laughed again. “No need to apologize. The joke was pretty good. I rarely meet any leaders who have even the slightest sense of humor."

He holstered the weapon back inside of his coat and sat back down in his chair.

“Alright. Well, I've made the past two suggestions. Do you have anything on your mind that you’d like to put forward?”

Anagonia 26-09-2005 11:37
"Hmmmm," Drakomis thought for a moment, looking down at his pad and pressing it with his index finger a few times, "I suppose we could use more ships in our fleet, more classes of ships to be exact."

He reached down inside his cape, and grabbed something out. It was a larger version of the pad he had, very thin just as the smaller one, but a bigger screen. He pressed it a few times, and then turned it around, sliding it to O'Neill, gazing at him.

"You see, for many years, decades it seems, we have had only two basic classes of ships." He pressed his finger against the smaller pad, which intern made a picture of the two classes of ships come up. "The basic two are our trusty Heavy Cruisers, and Battlecruisers. Both have served us well, and we maintain them despite their age, and even continue to build more of the same class."

He sighed, "However, even with our recent addition of the Blazing Blue scout ship, it isn't enough. We need more classes of ships, and our designers haven't had much time to think about any more." He shrugged, "Every time we needed more firepower, or more strength, we'd upgrade these babies."

He looked down at his smaller pad, than back at O'Neill. "I suppose this is basically a plea for help, because I'm, frankly, tired of redoing something that's already good enough." He waved his hand, rolling his reptilian eyes, "Yes, their trusty. Yes, they have very much outlived themselves. And yes, they still work as good as they did decades ago."

"But," and he made a tone to emphasize the 'but', "We need something more for our Space Fleet, because when I look at other Empires, they could easily be a threat with their Mega-Capital Ships and the like."

He sighed again, "I guess it’s a basic diversity issue. I mean, basically, some of these ships NEED to be retired, but since we don't have any new classes of ships, we need to build more to make up for the classes we don't have, and keep the old ships in the fleet to maintain a balance."

He groaned heavily, rubbing his head, sighing for the last time, very deeply, "It's a real headache keeping up with these ships." He closed his eyes, still rubbing his head, "I just need more advanced ship classes, so we can finally give unto the Older ships an Honorary retirement and allowing them a long awaited rest."

He chuckled at this, hoping O'Neill knew what he meant.

Northrop-Grumman 30-09-2005 21:07
O’Neill nodded. “Perhaps we have just the ship for you.”

He pressed a button on the armrest of his chair, and a small keyboard extended out from the edge of the table towards him. Also, on the wall perpendicular to them both, a transparent slab of glasslike material extended from the ceiling as a computer screen appeared on it. After a few seconds of tapping away at the keyboard, a long, rounded vessel appeared on the screen with two arm-like landing bays extending parallel along its sides.

“This is the multi-purpose workhorse of our fleet, the Zereul-class battlecarrier. It has been used for defense as a carrier and a battleship. Also, we have used it for colonization, evacuation, diplomacy, and as a supply ship. It is nine-point-two kilometers in length, three-point-eight kilometers wide with the landing bays extended, two-point-five kilometers with them retracted and one-point-four kilometers tall. It weighs over one-hundred forty-five megatons, has three-hundred thirteen decks, and can hold more than nine-hundred fighters. Unlike the rest of the fleet, the battlecarrier is built entirely on one of our colonies with help from one of our other allies, Brandoniats. They help out a bit with consulting and such."

He stopped for a moment, but then remembered something else. "Which reminds me, it can travel in the atmosphere of a planet and can even land, but you better have a darned big landing pad for it. Otherwise, you’ll be knocking down plenty of trees.”

Anagonia 30-09-2005 22:09
"Yes, yes," his eyes showed an approving gaze, "for a century we have had to use our Capital ships as miniature carriers, never having the time to build one ourselves."

He looked at O'Neill, "I would love to have these plans, we have the ability to build them."

He looked at his pad, trying to make sure, and nodded happily. Anagonia had many unused capabilities to be made available. It had been decades since any of them had been used at once, and Drakomis felt it was about time they should be used again.

"Yes, I would say this would do nicely."

He looked back at Jack, "What shall we exchange for this? Rather, is it for exchange?"

Northrop-Grumman 30-09-2005 22:24
O'Neill was not about to let the designs just be given over to anybody, even an ally, without anything in exchange. Decades of hard work and trillions of dollars could not be handed over freely. There had to be a price for this vessel, and O'Neill hoped that Drakomis had something that could be worth the trade.

“Is there anything that you have that could be traded for the designs?”

Anagonia 01-10-2005 10:36
Drakomis had a stumped look on his face, one reptilian eye was open wider than the other. He really didn't know what to make of what O'Neill asked, in fact, for the next few moments he was dumbfounded. His brain just seemingly shut down for a second or two, for some odd reason or another. It was as if someone just kicked him upside the head.

But, he regained his train of thought, slowly. Going over what O'Neill asked once again, he took a deep breath in.

"Well.......I mean....."

It almost seemed he was recovering from someone kicking him in the head.

"I'm...not really sure...."

He looked down at his pad, and scanned through it. After all these long years this was the best chance he had of actually gaining a certified Carrier. Anagonia just didn't have the time to build one, nor the interest. He had pressed the issue to the Senate many times, even through Military Leaders. Everyone kept on saying that they didn't need a Carrier, that fights in their Warships were absolutely fine.

Sure, Anagonia built many massive ships in its time, but basically none of them worked out. Fortunately, or unfortunately, Drakomis never agreed, but abided by their decisions. He wasn't the one to go behind peoples back so quickly.

Slowly, he let out a deep sigh. "I suppose our Electro-Magnetic Shield Generation System is a good trade, it bends mass beams, like particle cannons and the like. Also, we have a highly cheap way for developing Nuclear Weapons, such as our primary Nuclear Torpedo." A slight pause, "We could also trade you our designs for our Battlecruisers and Heavy Cruisers, all technology on board."

He gazed up, "Is this enough."

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 13:47
O'Neill saw Drakomis’ expression on his face and realized that he did not use the best choice of words in what he had just said.

“Alright, that will work fine.” He paused for a moment. “But I’m terribly sorry about the way I asked that question earlier. It came out way too harsh and that was really not my intention. It’s just that I can’t freely hand over the designs for this carrier without getting flak from a majority of the population and the military. It wouldn’t go over very well. Even when you’re an absolute ruler, you can’t push people’s buttons too far without creating problems. I hope you understand.”

Anagonia 01-10-2005 13:54
He gave a reptilian smile, "It's no problem, none at all. I perfectly understand."

Slowly, he regained his composure, and sat back. Everything that was being said and offered was being recorded by his small pad, the large pad still at the center of the table. Realizing this, he grabbed it, and somehow retracted it to a smaller form, then placed it somewhere inside his dark cape.

A sigh of relief, and he gazed back at O'Neill, happy that he would have a carrier now. It would be very interesting to apply this to his Navy, and would provide a perfect Flagship for any small Fleet or Expeditionary Force.

Finally, something to use.

"So, what else is on the agenda?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 14:23
O’Neill ran through the list again and thought about it. He had nothing new to introduce, but he had decided that now would be a good time write that treaty that was discussed before.

“Well, we might as well hammer out the details on the alliance treaty. That way we can sign it, and it can be all nice and official.”

He looked down and began to press several buttons on the keyboard in front of him. The computer screen on the wall reset itself, and another keyboard slid out on Drakomis’ side of the table.

Anagonia 01-10-2005 14:51
Drakomis nodded, looking his keyboard and the screen, then looking back at O'Neill.

"Let us start by saying the following..."

He started to type.

The Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040

On this day of the Twenty-Third, in the second month of February, In the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Forty.

The Galactic Brethren of the Conglomeration of Northrop-Grumman and the Galactic Republic of Anagonia have formally come together in discussion and suggestion with the intent to introduce and form a Treaty of Peace and Prosperity with intent to promote such Peace and Prosperity with the introduction of such Treaty for as long as these Brethren of the Stars deem capable, possible, willing, and desirable thereof.

Drakomis looked up from his keyboard, gazing at the screen for a moment, looking back at O'Neill.

"Good start? We can change a few things?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 15:12
O’Neill turned his chair to the side and read through the introduction of the treaty. He smiled and nodded as he commented on it.

“Pretty darned good. Much better and more official sounding than anything I can write. I don't think anything needs to be changed. Now, let's think about Article I..."

He folded his arms and looked up at the treaty again.

"Hmmm...something along the lines of, an attack on one of us will be considered an attack on both and we will work together to repel such an attack."

Anagonia 01-10-2005 15:21
Drakomis nodded, he didn't mind being the one doing it. In fact, he planned to save this treaty for many decades to come. Slowly, he looked back at his keyboard, and started to type.

Article I

In the event of a conflict, notice of conflict, or anything therein concerning a conflict resulting in the outcome of an attack or war thereof, it shall be the responsibility of the Nations of Anagonia and/or Northrop-Grumman to assist with Military Action in any event of the other having a conflict of any kind resulting in armed conflict.

He looked up again to Jack, "How's that?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 15:35
O'Neill read through Article I and nodded.

"Good, good. Article II..." He thought for a moment before he continued on. "Uh...both nations declare that the previous and future alliances that they are a part of will not cause conflict between the two...er...and that neither will enter into a new alliance that conflicts with this treaty unless consent of either of the signing nations is given."

Anagonia 01-10-2005 15:41
"Alrighty..."

Drakomis went back to the keyboard.

Article II

In the event that either Nation of Northrop-Grumman and/or Anagonia come to the conclusion that other Alliances are beneficial and/or proper for their respective needs, it shall henceforth be DECLARED that no Future Alliances shall come into conflict with the Declaration of Article One of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040, and/or anything relating to or concerning with, thereof.

He looked back to Jack, "I believe that fits the cake, no?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 15:51
O'Neill read through the newly completed Article.

"Looks good." He paused for a moment to collect his thoughts. "The next Article should mention the establishing of free trade and abolishing any tariffs that would seek to limit the free trade."

He looked back to Drakomis. "Do you have any suggestions for other Articles?"

Anagonia 01-10-2005 15:56
Drakomis sighed, "I have no idea, perhaps an article declaration stating our two Nations are united, or something."

His hand with to his snout, rubbing. "Perhaps an article having the words of possibility for our two Nations having Military exchanges of ships and crew, or even the possibility of people moving here and there or...what’s it called?"

He thought for a moment, "I think it’s called....Tourism...."

He looked to the screen, then back to O'Neill. "I'm mainly interested in Military exchanges. What say you?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 16:04
O'Neill nodded. "Those are all fairly good ideas, especially the exchanges of military ships and crew, but tourism wouldn't look right in the treaty. I think that saying something like easier or freer travel for the citizens between our two nations would look much better."

"But, yes, I'm leaning towards the military exchanges, too."

Anagonia 01-10-2005 16:18
Drakomis nodded, then went back to typing.

Article III

With interest on behalf of both the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman, it shall be DECLARED that Free Trade shall be absolute without possibility of hampering Relations and/or Alliances thereof between and/or in relation to the Nations of Northrop-Grumman and Anagonia, henceforth it shall be known that this Free-Trade cannot be tariffed nor cancelled WITHOUT proper council by both the Nation of Northrop-Grumman and Anagonia.

Drakomis sighed, obviously he had run out of ideas for Article three. "I suppose that'll do."

He looked back up to Jack, then remembered Article four. He started typing again.

Article IV

Henceforth there shall be the ultimate possibility that the Armed Forces of Northrop-Grumman and Anagonia can initiate a Military Exchange of any type, form, way, and/or initiative, or anything related to a Military Exchange thereof, no matter the relation of either entity.

Drakomis looked at the screen, "Alrighty, I believe this should apply nicely."

He looked back at O'Neill, "What about an article on Technological exchange, or something else? Any more ideas?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 16:26
O'Neill nodded. "Alright, technical exchange, it is then. The wording will probably be similar to Article IV."

He looked back to the computer screen again to decide just how to end the treaty and waited for Drakomis.

"That might be one of the last articles. I might have an idea about the final closing articles, but I'll wait a moment on that."

Anagonia 01-10-2005 16:38
"Good, Good...I'll place an addition too."

Drakomis quickly went back to typing.

Article V

Henceforth it shall be recognized that ANY exchange, whether of Trade and/or of literal exchange, can and will be allowed through agreement by Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman, whether for the betterment of respective economic, national, military and/or any other reason and/or choice thereof applied to such an Exchange.

"Whew," Drakomis sighed, relieved. "I believe I might be done."

He looked at the screen, then to Jack. "Happy days, no?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 17:15
O’Neill nodded and replied. “I’ll write the closing three.” He then turned himself back around to the keyboard and began typing.

Article VI

On the matters of Treaty revision, if both the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman agree, then a Council shall be convened to revise and update the Treaty.

Article VII

This Treaty shall be deposited in the National Archives of the Government of Northrop-Grumman. Duly certified copies will be transmitted by that Government to the Government of Anagonia.

Article VIII

This Treaty was written aboard the Northrop-Grumman Starship Transversa and was signed below by the leaders of the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman on this day of the Twenty-Third, in the second month of February, in the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Forty and of the Conglomeration of Northrop-Grumman the one hundred and first and the Galactic Republic of Anagonia the ?.

O’Neill slid back from the keyboard, looked at what he wrote, and spoke to Drakomis.

“Errr…don't know how old you are...but feel free to change the rest of it too, if you want to, so that it looks like all the other articles.”

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Anagonia 01-10-2005 17:24
"Three-hundred and one years, to be exact." He grinned, then chuckled. "Didn't you notice me talking about 'decades' in a suspicious way?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 17:33
O'Neill turned quickly from the computer screen to Drakomis.

"You're that old? I would've never guessed it in a million years. I probably would've said that you look to be about half my age, maybe about forty or so."

He started grinning. "But I know of someone who's a little bit older than you are, at three hundred thirty-five. My wife. But she looks like she's in her thirties."

Anagonia 01-10-2005 17:45
He typed out some revisions to the articles, then pressed enter. Putting it back up on the screen.

Article VI

On the matters of Treaty revision, henceforth both the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman agree thereof, then a Council shall be convened from their respective nations concerning the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040, to revise and update the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040.

Article VII

This Treaty, henceforth known as the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040, shall be deposited in the National Archives of the Government of Northrop-Grumman. Duly certified copies will be transmitted by that Government to the Government of Anagonia.

Article VIII

This Treaty was written aboard the Northrop-Grumman Starship Transversa and was signed below by the leaders of the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman on this day of the Twenty-Third, in the second month of February, in the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Forty and of the Conglomeration of Northrop-Grumman the one hundred and first and the Galactic Republic of Anagonia the three hundred and first.

Drakomis nodded towards it, "How's that look?"

He grabbed what seemed to be a pen from in his cape, seemingly ready to sign.

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 17:55
"Pretty good," O'Neill replied as he typed in two places for him and Drakomis to sign on the bottom of the treaty. He then pressed the Print button. Two pieces of paper with a yellow tinge and black cursive lettering came out of the wall under the computer screen. O’Neill walked over, picked it up, and brought it back to the table. He then took a pen out of the inside pocket of his coat and signed his name directly above his printed name.

Anagonia 01-10-2005 18:07
Drakomis took the paper, and then signed his name in the space provided:

President Drakomis Nokomis Reign

Slowly, he looked up, a great, satisfied look on his face. He put his pen up somewhere in his cape, and tilted his head towards O'Neill.

"So, Jack, I'd say we just did something historic, no?" A slight chuckle, "What now?"

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 18:17
O'Neill put the pen back inside his coat pocket and looked at the signed treaty.

"Now, we celebrate."

He went back over to the bar and pulled out another beer for himself and motioned to Drakomis. "Help yourself."

Northrop-Grumman 01-10-2005 18:18
The Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040

On this day of the Twenty-Third, in the second month of February, In the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Forty, the Galactic Brethren of the Conglomeration of Northrop-Grumman and the Galactic Republic of Anagonia have formally come together in discussion and suggestion with the intent to introduce and form a Treaty of Peace and Prosperity with intent to promote such Peace and Prosperity with the introduction of such Treaty for as long as these Brethren of the Stars deem capable, possible, willing, and desirable thereof.

Article I

In the event of a conflict, notice of conflict, or anything therein concerning a conflict resulting in the outcome of an attack or war thereof, it shall be the responsibility of the Nations of Anagonia and/or Northrop-Grumman to assist with Military Action in any event of the other having a conflict of any kind resulting in armed conflict.

Article II

In the event that either Nation of Northrop-Grumman and/or Anagonia come to the conclusion that other Alliances are beneficial and/or proper for their respective needs, it shall henceforth be DECLARED that no Future Alliances shall come into conflict with the Declaration of Article One of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040, and/or anything relating to or concerning with, thereof.

Article III

With interest on behalf of both the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman, it shall be DECLARED that Free Trade shall be absolute without possibility of hampering Relations and/or Alliances thereof between and/or in relation to the Nations of Northrop-Grumman and Anagonia, henceforth it shall be known that this Free-Trade cannot be tariffed nor cancelled WITHOUT proper council by both the Nation of Northrop-Grumman and Anagonia.

Article IV

Henceforth there shall be the ultimate possibility that the Armed Forces of Northrop-Grumman and Anagonia can initiate a Military Exchange of any type, form, way, and/or initiative, or anything related to a Military Exchange thereof, no matter the relation of either entity

Article V

Henceforth it shall be recognized that ANY exchange, whether of Trade and/or of literal exchange, can and will be allowed through agreement by Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman, whether for the betterment of respective economic, national, military and/or any other reason and/or choice thereof applied to such an Exchange.

Article VI

On the matters of Treaty revision, henceforth both the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman agree thereof, then a Council shall be convened from their respective nations concerning the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040, to revise and update the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040.

Article VII

This Treaty, henceforth known as the Northrop-Grumman Corporation Treaty of 2040, shall be deposited in the National Archives of the Government of Northrop-Grumman. Duly certified copies will be transmitted by that Government to the Government of Anagonia.

Article VIII

This Treaty was written aboard the Northrop-Grumman Starship Transversa and was signed below by the leaders of the Nations of Anagonia and Northrop-Grumman on this day of the Twenty-Third, in the second month of February, in the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Forty and of the Conglomeration of Northrop-Grumman the one hundred and first and the Galactic Republic of Anagonia the three hundred and first.

[signature]
General Jack O’Neill
Chairman, Chief Executive Office, and President
The Northrop-Grumman Corporation

[signature]
Drakomis Nokomis Reign
President and Chief Commander in War
The Galactic Republic of Anagonia

OOC: This is posted in its entirety for reference.

Anagonia 01-10-2005 21:47
Drakomis smiled, looking it over. He had thought about spell-checking it himself, but after looking over it a second time, he approved it with a great nod. Someone could even hear him murring, a sign of extreme satisfaction with something. It was to be short, just a sign that he approved it greatly. His gaze came from the paper to Jack, a huge reptilian smile on his face, or as best a smile as possible.

"This is a greatly enjoyable moment for me. Finally, I have proof of a Treaty." He looked at it again, then back at Jack.

"Finally," a very satisfied sigh, "I have something in my hands, something official."

He sat back, setting it down. "Good relations shall befall us, I am sure of it. I cannot wait for the carrier specifications, nor can I not wait for anything promised within this Treaty and before it."

He nodded, "It is indeed a great day for our two Nations, and with respect, I believe I can, I must, wait for these great things to come to pass."

His eyes closed, again he sighed in satisfaction. After all these decades, it had finally come to pass. He had a great diplomatic session, a great time discussing issues and possibilities. He even made a new friend, met a new Brethren among the stars. He was extremely pleased with the way this meeting, this session went. In his mind, it was the greatest thing to happen in many long, long, long years.

A job well done, he would think to himself. A job well done, indeed.
Last edited by Northrop-Grumman on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to NationStates