NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 15 - The Contest Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krsta
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:59 am

Almarino 8

*Sandro Martini (SM): And good night, we are in Valeneska, on the WorldVision Song Contest 15 which is about to start.
*Lucia Sanchez (LS): Well, Krsta is not competing on the contest, because of the controversies after the ageist voting on WSC14, in Meciene.
*SM: However, we are back on the WorldVision 16, but without hosting bid.
*LS: Not for sure, I'll intervene and we can forget about all that discriminatory stuff, cuz I really, really want to be presenter of WSC!
*SM: Again you and your sweet dreams!
*LS: And you with your damn pessimism!
*SM: Can't we just go ahead?
*LS: Now, we can't always be going ahead, we shall end this conflict once and forever.
*SM: Well, where's mediator? :laughs:
*LS: I begin a hunger strike until Almarino 8 doesn't fire you, Sandro!
*SM: Didn't you hear that there will be BBQ on the tonight's dinner?
*LS: You know it the best that I am vegan!
*SM: Sure, vegan eating pork.
*LS: You... you... liar!
*SM: You can do it much better.
*LS: Stop provocating!
*SM: And what if I don't?
*LS: I'll buy a rifle somewhere and shoot you in your big head!
*SM: Cool

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Vescia wrote:
Swilatia wrote:
Vescia wrote:The band do not understand all of the criticism about the gory plotline. They just want people to criticise the rhythm and lyrics, not the plotline.

Our presenters don't really have the time to do a full deconstruction of each song (~1 min between performances), but lines like "I on the other hand, must stay behind/To torture the cowards who ain’t fightin'" aren't going to get you too many points from Swilatia.

The song shows the barbaric nature of the past, and reminds us never to look back again.

It's WorldVision... we critisize everything and still expect votes from you ;) :p
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Vescia wrote:
Swilatia wrote:
Vescia wrote:The band do not understand all of the criticism about the gory plotline. They just want people to criticise the rhythm and lyrics, not the plotline.

Our presenters don't really have the time to do a full deconstruction of each song (~1 min between performances), but lines like "I on the other hand, must stay behind/To torture the cowards who ain’t fightin'" aren't going to get you too many points from Swilatia.

The song shows the barbaric nature of the past, and reminds us never to look back again.

It's WorldVision... we critisize everything and still expect votes from you ;) :p

Unitopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unitopolis » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:23 am

[Rock/rap supergroup Sticky Mint are now on stage. The main rapper, named Sticky Fingers, walks forward and the spotlight shines on him. He grabs the mic and launches into his rap with venom.]

I've seen stranger things than Area 51
I'll give you cancer like you're on a beach exposed to the sun
I'll rip your heart out shove my face in and spit in your lungs
I'm like a man possessed, stressed, and speaking in tongues
My words are shocking like you've stuck your fingers up in a plug
I dance with devils in hell like I'm on hallucinating drugs
the grim reaper follows me for every grave that I've dug
For all my enemies, ripped up, who thought they were thugs
Lyrically yes, but critically, hypocritically no
thought they were ice I melted them, they weren't even snow
You think that's a good rhyme, b*tch that's easy for me
I'm like Sherlock Holmes, this is elementary
But listen up Dr. Watson, you 'bout to be told
For every good line you come up with I've got pages of gold
But this is worthless it can never be shared with the world
it's too messed up and sick it's like I'm f*cking disturbed
I have a Bittersweet Symphony just call me The Verve
I see your hands are shaking like your losing your nerve
But I don't think you're a coward, though I've been through worse
I'm stalked by the devil he's lurking in every verse
Every rhyme still leaves me with scars on my brain
There's pictures in my head, I should never have seen
I disobeyed the shadows and now they have their revenge
I'm a maniac, like bums who say we're nearing the end
The souls of the dead, the ghosts, like to haunt me and cry
Every time I go to sleep I wanna wake up and die
My dreams are so frightening i don't wanna close my eyes
I can see God laughing at me up in the sky
He was beside the devil, when I was raped by the demons
Who f*cked me and cursed me and left me covered in semen
Unholy baptisms, welcome to my personal hell
You may be frightened just remember that it's all in your head

[Pop-rock band Hot Mint launch into the chorus]
"It's an emergency!"
[Piano chords and a drum thump in time with the music]
"We're the insurgency! Cut you up like surgery!"
[The music stops and is replaced by creepy violin music]
"Your very surprised, 'til you realise, it's an emergency!"

[Now the other rapper in the group, called Mezzo-Maniac, begins his rap in a happier, more upbeat style]
We're in the S- to the A-R, Enaski
People in Swilatia, tune in to SBC
Everyone in Lithatrius, feeling the love
Apparantly there's a spaghetti monster, flying above
But the lines are now closed, 'cause we're the best,
And is everyone in Grittonia cool with incest?
We got A Love Story, from L and K
Chatford's feelings running Through My Veins
So there's no point in ringing to vote for any who went before us
Our win is guaranteed b*tch, listen to the chorus!

[Pop-rock band Hot Mint launch into the chorus]
"It's an emergency!"
[Piano chords and a drum thump in time with the music]
"We're the insurgency! Cut you up like surgery!"
[The music stops and is replaced by creepy violin music]
"Your very surprised, 'til you realise, it's an emergency!"
LINTYLAND wrote:
Unitopolis wrote:What's my title Linty?

Best Rapper Alive

Denecaep wrote: Best Rapper
- Unitopolis WINNER
The Unitopolitan Embassy
Baptism of Fire 38: 3rd
Cup of Harmony 43, 44, 45, 47: Second Round
Gaelic Football World Cup I: 3rd
Gaelic Football World Cup II: Winners
Gaelic Football World Cup III: Winners
Olympic Bronze Medals in 200m and 400m sprints

New Entropia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Entropia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Velvek: 24 - WorldVision Coverage

(Song 05 - Lunives and Koldui)

Kara: That was A Love Story by Reine. That will probably do alright, it's relatively inoffensive, even if it is in a foreign language.
Sir Daniel Adams: Blady foreign languages, why can't everyone just speak a blady proper language and be blady done with it?
Kara: Because that's a bit racist.
Sir Daniel Adams: Blady political correctness. Back in my day we could call a black man a servant. This blady tolerance and respect will be the death of us all.
Kara: Er, right. Well anyway, if you want to vote for that, and I suspect you probably will, the visit http://votevision.nent, call 7446/34/92 or text 05 to 88452. Next up we have Chatford.

(Song 06 - Chatford)

Kara: Well that wasn't terrible. Since we are entering an acoustic track, I think that could go down well.
Sir Daniel Adams: Bah, bring back Vera Lynn. This is all blady terrible.
Kara: You're wearing tweed and a top hat. You tried to get a rap song in as our entry. You cannot talk when it comes to fashion, or taste.
Sir Daniel Adams: You blady young uns and your pop music. Bring back Mellow-D!
Kara: He can't even talk in English let alone sing in it. Anyway, to vote do the usual. http://votevision.nent, 7446/34/92, 06 to 88452. Next up, our hosts Valeneska with World Song by D and K.

(Song 07 - Valeneska)

Kara: Well that's a bit, er, crap. One of those hippie songs.
Sir Daniel Adams: Bring back National Service! Three years in the military ought to sort em out.
Kara: Yeah, enough said on that one. You know how to not vote for that one so let go straight to Cirona's entry, Home, by Hyeonjae Cho.

(Song 08 - Cirona)

Kara: Perhaps somebody ought to call Social Services.
Sir Daniel Adams: That one was blady terrible. The blighter will come back when he's hungry.
Kara: Yeah. Well anyway, if you want my advice that really isn't worth your vote. Instructions are on screen if you really want to waste your vote and your local elected council doesn't use FPTP. So, next we have Unitopolis. This could be good, but it could also be totally crap.

(Song 09 - Unitopolis)

Kara: Lets not waste our breath, or votes, on that one. Tripe of the highest order I feel.

Kara: Well here it is, New Entropia's entry, The Revolution, with Fall of a Superpower!

-------------------------

New Entropia - Fall of a Superpower, by The Revolution

This is one of those one singer on a stool with an acoustic guitar songs. The singer sounds surprisingly like the bloke from Mumford And Sons.

Anyhow, the music starts low, the singing is slow. It builds towards the nearest thing the song has to a chorus.

It was long long ago that you left this place
Your long held beliefs were your saving grace
But you let them slip as the days went by
Enemies outnumbered you, soon to die

But I, I saw the best in you
I, I saw deep into
The dream you still held in your heart
The power you never meant to part

And destroy

The music slows from the "chorus" and is the same as the first verse. It then builds again before the "chorus" and then suddenly drops.

It is now the world mourns how you used to be
Dear to our hearts and our memory
As the leaves turn to brown and time wears on
Always unflinching, remain ever strong

No-one could see the best in you
They could not see the truth
All they knew were your tendencies
And they became your enemies

Who would destroy

The music slows down until the singer is barely playing his guitar. It then builds again up until the final "chorus". It then slows in the final verse of the song, with the final line being unaccompanied by the guitar

Who would destroy such a light?
Who would dare take on such might?
Who would be there to catch your fall? 
Who would be there to answer the call?

Freedom, freedom you always loved
Guiding the world throught the dark
You would always rise above  
But the final battle left it's mark

Scars that will never heal
Pain you will always feel
Never did your people kneel
Until the last

-------------------------

Kara: That was our entry. If nothing else it was beter than our last one. Anyway, we'll be back with more from WorldVision 15 after the break.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Creator of Electionator 1.2 *new!*

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:27 pm

WorldVision Song Contest Coverage

(Performance 07 from Valeneska)

Nowienski: Damn, that's going to get a lot of block votes... maybe some non-block votes. Hell, I just hope we have something good this year or they'll take our win from us.

Milinska: I'm not too sure. I don't think too many countries will like what they've done with their cities... and the Iglesians, they'll probably be voting for Sophia City... and they've brought Cortazur along to help them with that.

Nowiesnki: Well, I've voted for it, you all saw the link to vote for it, Sophia City probably have their link to vote for it, and I have no idea how the hell Seven Castles come up with their votes.

Milinska: Who cares? They can just pick up their whole country and move to Neopolis for all I care... and go hang with their other friends Cortazur.

Nowienski: I'm sure we'll get to those soon enough, but first Cirona. With "Home" and I'm sure those of you watching this at home wish your TV had a fast forward button... it's too bad real life doesn't work like that.

(Performance 08 from Cirona)

Milinska: Screw you, William. I'd rather have Jenny back, she was at least recognisable as an actual WorldVision entry. Not like that stupid choir your kid probably ran off from. Tell me Cirona, why do you hate freedom?

Nowienski: Well, he said some crap about blood on the floor or whatever, but I'm not buying it. Sounds like some story written to make kids afraid of the ever stepping out of their house and going so far as the corridor of their own building. Here in Swilatia kids do stuff like that all the time, even if it is assumed they'll be home by the end of the day.

Milinska: It can't be worse then forcing your kid to join some stupid-ass choir anyway. Should we tell this guy that prayer doesn't work?

Nowienski: Nah, we can do that with our votes. He'll probably be left praying that some country will vote for him, and maybe Zwangzug will. They like crap. They voted for Cirona last year.

Milinska: And next up is another new country, Unitopolis. Their song is Emergency, by Sticky Mint. Let's see if it isn't a complete disaster.

(performance 09 from Unitopolis)

Nowienski: Oh, it is. It totally is. It's song like these that makes me wonder, why doesn't WorldVision have any kind of qualifying stage. I heard it worked quite well for the World Cup. Of course we've never qualified for the World Cup.

Milinska: I'm sure we'd have no problem qualifying for WorldVision, but I'm sure it would be much more difficult to write a song like this one. They must have done a lot of research on the countries drawn before them, and then, nothing about Valeneska, because they didn't choose their song yet!

Nowienski: That's just more of the same reason, it would make them write better songs, or at least keep ones like this out of the contest. Yeah... when does the next song begin... I really don't know why we need to talk about this one.

Milinska: Well, we aren't the only country doing this kind of coverage... every entry has to have some presenters who like it, and some who don't, except this one... the whole world can agree that it's crap. Last place? Or will that go to nation of FSM?

Nowienski: If there's any pastafarians watching this, they might as well vote for FSM... I can't think of any-one who'd actually vote for Unitopolis. Anyway, here's song 10 from New Entropia... Fall of a Superpower, by The Revolution. You know, that would almost sound promising, that is, if we didn't know it was a New Entropia entry.
Last edited by Swilatia on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Kingsley Bedford

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 am

KINGSLEY BEDFORD
"Go Away" by Niels Holmn
Based on the music of "Run Away" by Olia Tira (Moldova 2010) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-qZg4dfsA&playnext_from=TL&videos=XLQBVxPGpTY

(Chorus)
Nooooooo go away
I don't need you with me
I want you out of my life
no can't you see that I need, that I need for you to be out of my life

VERSE 1
This time it's really real.. you need to go away
far far out of my life it's for real this time
Don't look back just go away,
I'm over you so go away

You're a backstabber, you fucking betray
I don't need so just go away
I did so much for you, but you betrayed
So go away, from me

CHORUS (X2)

VERSE 2
You might apologise for your mistake
but the damage has already been made
You might have wanted things to change
but now it's time to go away

You might apologise for your mistake
but the damage has already been made
Things are never gonna change
so hurry up and go away

CHORUS (X2)

END

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Niels: Thank you Valenenska!!! :bow: :bow:

Meciene
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:23 am

MRAC1 WorldVision 15 Coverage

Jeremy: Next up is Unitopolis. Yeah, nothing much to say around here.

Performance by -09 Unitopolis-

Kyuo: Thanks to the wonderful preselection juries, rap never made its way to even performing in The Mecian Choice. So obviously you guys know where this is gonna end up.

Jeremy: It won't end up last, I think. Just look at Grittonia last year, Grittonia thought they can win, but it's only Cirona that gave them 12. Either voting's really fucked up during the civil war, or the Cironis were just plain gullible. But then again, that was a better song than this.

Kyuo: Besides, no one didn't ever win at their debut, well, except for Rejistania. But that was the first contest! And so did Future-World, but they're dead now!

Jeremy: Anyway, we tried to win on our debut, but lesbians in short hair doesn't really work out very well. So we tried with schlager, and then Kate. Success stories. Win. Yeah. Karen Jarne. I think we'll flop. No one wants to see any nation winning twice in a row. Unless you live in CdL, that is.

Kyuo: I'm sure no one needs to be told the voting link anyway, it's on the screen. But do you really have to? Swilantis can obviously use another win besides Swilatia and Wijaska, L&K can also reach top 4 with your help, Lithatrius can do another great finish, but you can count FSM out. Totally.

Jeremy: And so, ends another song. Next is New Entropia, with a song that'll.. yeah. It'll never reach 10th.

Performance by -10 New Entropia-

Jeremy: So it wasn't a big commie-styled anthem. It's a guy with his guitar on stage. Isn't that what Cirona did like 10 minutes ago? The draw's gonna kill both of them. Anyway, yeah.

Kyuo: I was also expecting one of those anthems with the army choir and stuff like that. I mean, with a title like that, what would you expect? It's like Jindalea's WVSC12 entry, if anyone even remembers that one.

Jeremy: So if you think that this should reach 10th, and don't care how dull the song is, you can go vote, right now. Actually, I'm still waiting for something worthwile to vote for. Swilatia and Cachette De Lions obviously have something promising, Achalya Santis really shaped up their selections... Kalaison is gonna send a slut yelling Y'LOVE! Y'LOVE! Y'LOVE!.. but of course that'll only happen if they do show up.

Kyuo: Next is Kingsley Bedford, with a song about grammatical errors. I'm very doubtful of their top 4 now.

Performance by -11 Kingsley Bedford-

Kyuo: If you didn't think that the English last year was bad enough, guess what, they sent worse! But the saxophone really saved the song, but don't expect this to get our twelve. Unless everyone flops and suddenly FSM takes the lead.

Jeremy: That guy really needs a female vocal. It doesn't work that way.

Kyuo: Oh? So you think that TMC performance of yours was perfect? All by yourself with pyros?

Jeremy: What? 'Ho! Ho! Woah!' isn't demanding for a female vocal. However, this needs more. And more crazy silver clothing.

Kyuo: And if you wanna vote for this... song. Voting lines are open throughout the whole contest. Yeah. I don't see a winner yet, I'm afraid. But I can see two of these can clinch top 4, but that can be unlikely.

Jeremy: Hey, wait. Someone just emailed me. They say that Krsta's coverave of WVSC 15... you know.. Anne Blacklight last year? Yeah.. They said that they're against ageist voting, but what happened to Cirona in the same year? Aren't there younger people in AAJCC?

Kyuo: Wait. That's the controversy with last year's Sofianska and that other guy. We don't have to bother about that much.
Last edited by Meciene on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Free State Alliance of Meciene
Од Јие-ниеу Ентсаре Јансин ит Масуид||Масуиске

Embassy||First Mecian Airways||MeciFly||Jonder Yuaje International||Factbook
'cause cyrillic looks nicer than greek

Krsta
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Krsta » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 am

Swilatia wrote:Image

(Performance 07 from Valeneska)

Nowienski: Damn, that's going to get a lot of block votes... maybe some non-block votes. Hell, I just hope we have something good this year or they'll take our win from us.

Milinska: I'm not too sure. I don't think too many countries will like what they've done with their cities... and the Iglesians, they'll probably be voting for Sophia City... and they've brought Cortazur along to help them with that.

Nowiesnki: Well, I've voted for it, you all saw the link to vote for it, Sophia City probably have their link to vote for it, and I have no idea how the hell Seven Castles come up with their votes.

Milinska: Who cares? They can just pick up their whole country and move to Neopolis for all I care... and go hang with their other friends Cortazur.

Nowienski: I'm sure we'll get to those soon enough, but first Cirona. With "Home" and I'm sure those of you watching this at home wish your TV had a fast forward button... it's too bad real life doesn't work like that.

(Performance 08 from Cirona)

Milinska: Screw you, William. I'd rather have Jenny back, she was at least recognisable as an actual WorldVision entry. Not like that stupid choir your kid probably ran off from. Tell me Cirona, why do you hate freedom?

Nowienski: Well, he said some crap about blood on the floor or whatever, but I'm not buying it. Sounds like some story written to make kids afraid of the ever stepping out of their house and going so far as the corridor of their own building. Here in Swilatia kids do stuff like that all the time, even if it is assumed they'll be home by the end of the day.

Milinska: It can't be worse then forcing your kid to join some stupid-ass choir anyway. Should we tell this guy that prayer doesn't work?

Nowienski: Nah, we can do that with our votes. He'll probably be left praying that some country will vote for him, and maybe Zwangzug will. They like crap. They voted for Cirona last year.

Milinska: And next up is another new country, Unitopolis. Their song is Emergency, by Sticky Mint. Let's see if it isn't a complete disaster.

(performance 09 from Unitopolis)

Nowienski: Oh, it is. It totally is. It's song like these that makes me wonder, why doesn't WorldVision have any kind of qualifying stage. I heard it worked quite well for the World Cup. Of course we've never qualified for the World Cup.

Milinska: I'm sure we'd have no problem qualifying for WorldVision, but I'm sure it would be much more difficult to write a song like this one. They must have done a lot of research on the countries drawn before them, and then, nothing about Valeneska, because they didn't choose their song yet!

Nowienski: That's just more of the same reason, it would make them write better songs, or at least keep ones like this out of the contest. Yeah... when does the next song begin... I really don't know why we need to talk about this one.

Milinska: Well, we aren't the only country doing this kind of coverage... every entry has to have some presenters who like it, and some who don't, except this one... the whole world can agree that it's crap. Last place? Or will that go to nation of FSM?

Nowienski: If there's any pastafarians watching this, they might as well vote for FSM... I can't think of any-one who'd actually vote for Unitopolis. Anyway, here's song 10 from New Entropia... Fall of a Superpower, by The Revolution. You know, that would almost sound promising, that is, if we didn't know it was a New Entropia entry.

Lucia and Sandro salute the new presenters, hoping better co-operation, then during the time of Sofianska and Sawienski! :)

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 am

bump.

Political Compass

Achalya Santis
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achalya Santis » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Fakundo-Rushing to the Mountain
Music based on...
Acoustic half
Gogo half

Jeremy Marcano-Shmidt, Tessa Graciani and twins Leopoldo and Servando Fiore take their respective stands. This foursome make up Fakundo, an acclaimed
local indie rock group from the University of Zacatecas-Santa Ana. They will sing "Rushing to the Mountain" in a mixed acoustic/gogo version.

Dancers (and married couple) Ivellisse Cintrón and Andrés Villa are dancing around the group while Marcano-Shmidt sings and plays the acoustic guitar. Graciani plays the piano forte, and the Leopoldo the drums and Servando a violin. The dancers seem to fly around a "mountain" of white, black and brown sheets held on a diagonal pattern.

Baby, take my hand and follow me
'Cause this is so much to take on my own
We make equal weights and equal steps
Ain't fare if I leave you like this alone

I'm rushing to the mountain
I'm rushing...

Moments after, the dancers gently go down. The whole stage rapidly changes colors, from a slightly obscure tone to a vibrant landscape. The dancers start "clapping" (a.k.a.: violently shaking their butts up and down), and the group changes to drums and electric pianos. Others join to dance and jump with excitement. The lyrics also change.

Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh

Ima kno you girl, ima kno
That you wanna go to da top
I kno you girl, I know you girl
You want something I can't give
We're going together, I'm not going on my own
Just dance it up, I wanna rush it

I'm rushing...

Everyone in the venue starts to dance and jump with the band. (This is the first time gogo, a real-life DC area funk/hip hop music, was used in the Song Contest.) People with drums appear and shake

Wanna rush it? I got mo'
Wanna rush it? Kick it fast, boy
Wanna rush it? Dance it like yo last, yeah!
Wanna rush it? I got mo'
Wanna rush it? Kick it fast, boy
Wanna rush it? Dance it like yo last, yeah!

In a birds-eye view of the venue, the people on the stage make up a happy face. Everyone then throws a handkerchief with the colors of the flag of Achalya Santis: red, blue, green, and white.

When the music stops, everyone claps (with their hands) and jumps of excitement.

Meciene
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 am

13) Meciene
Heat Me Up, by Karen Jarne

The performance started with Karen, along with four female dancers, were already on the poles with one leg fully shown. Karen was wearing a revealing red top and black pants, while the dancers wore red coats and pants. The humongous LED backdrop showed flames, while the floating LEDs are fully black, except for a flame that circled it now and then. The start of the song was slow, and it pays tribute to the chorus. The melody of the first verse was trance-like. The spotlights did not focus on any of the performers, and the spotlights just wandered aimlessly throughout the stadium at first.

A transparent tube was already at the front of the stage, made for Karen's use.

You can heat me up!
Woah, ooh-woah, ooh-woah!
You can cool me down!

Lets go!

Now at this point, there is a short instrumental consisting of techno-rave beats. The spotlights focused on the performers, and they went away from the transparent, hollow pole-dancing poles (which were near the back of the stage) to the front to dance. After the instrumental, the dancers went back to the poles, while Karen started singing and dancing.

You're so soft, feel so fine
I wanna make you mine
One night won't be enough
A night for you and I

Turn me on, to extreme
And take me to a dream
Let me feel your body
Nothing'll come between

The next verse was is the one that will follow up to the chorus, so it has a different melody from any part of the song, At this point, the dancers carried their poles and placed them on top of the fire effects hole. The chorus was very lively, with high notes on the second line of each verse.

Pre-chorus:
Hey, yeah!
It's where we are tonight
The night for what we've waited
Is coming onto life!

Chorus:
You can heat me up,
You can cool me down
You can take my world
And turn it all around

You can heat me up,
You can cool me down
You can see, my love
And turn the heat up now

You can heat me up,
And then you will see
Our endless love
Is always meant to be

You can heat me up
For eternity
Like a burning flame
Ain't just a fantasy

Hey!

At this point, it was time for another instrumental, much like the first one, The fire effects were used and the poles looked like fire was inside them, to give the viewers the impression that Karen and her dancers were pole dancing around fire. When the instrumental was ending, they went to the centre of the stage and did more dancing, just like in the first verses.

Don't be shy ,it's our night
Away from all the light
I wanna feel the passion
And let it all ignite

Ts'all about, you and me
All mine and I believe
this love couldn't end tonight
It ain't what you'd percieve!

After the pre-chorus, the dancers ripped off their red coats and pants revealing a tight, red and sparkling bikini underneath. While pole dancing to the chorus, the dancers threw their just-ripped clothes to the Valeneskan audience, while Karen was still at the front, singing and dancing with her own pole.

Pre-chorus:
Hey, yeah!
Is coming onto life!

Chorus:
You can heat me up,
You can cool me down
You can take my world
And turn it all around

You can heat me up,
You can cool me down
You can see, my love
And turn the heat up now

You can heat me up,
And then you will see
Our endless love
Is always meant to be

You can heat me up
For eternity
Like a burning flame
Ain't just a fantasy

This part doesn't have the thumping beats as the chorus, but rather more a slow, trance-y melody, but it still retains the fast tempo of the song. In the reprise of the starting verse, clapping was part of the act. The dancers went to Karen. Two dancers lifted her up, while the rest were dancing in front of her.

Hey, yeah!
Is coming onto life!

You can heat me up!
You can cool me down!

Pyrotechnics exploded when the final chorus started, and the poles were now showing pyrotechnics instead of fire. In this chorus, a slight key change was used. Karen was brought down, and the dancers were dancing beside her now.

You can heat me up,
You can cool me down
You can take my world
And turn it all around

You can heat me up,
You can cool me down
You can see, my love
And turn the heat up now

You can heat me up,
And then you will see
Our endless love
Is always meant to be

You can heat me up
For eternity
Like a burning flame
Ain't just a fantasy

You can heat me up!

A second after 'up!', fireworks, fire effects and pyrotechnics simultaneously exploded behind the dancers. Karen Jarne thanked the audience, while the dancers picked up the poles and left the stage.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 am

(Perfromance 10 from New Entropia)

Milinksa: Ugh... how could something called "The Revolution" be so boring? Only in New Entropia I guess.

Nowienski: Well, what were you expecting? An actual good song? From New Entropia? If you remember, these guys were bidding to host. So what did they do to promote their bid... they spent most of the time talking about boring shit like ballet and opera. Naturally, no-one voted for their host bid.

Milinska: Well, that's... yeah. I can tell no-one in Swilatia would vote for this, but some countries might not be so good at voting in WorldVision. Or they might use a jury.

Nowienski: Well, juries obviously aren't the right way to vote... but these guys. As scary as a New Entropia jury might sound, these guys would vote for Chatford anyway.

Milinska: This is what those other guys must have meant about the Kura-Pellandi invasion... you have a country that hasn't been in the contest for years, but the damage they did to the contest can still be felt... or that's what some guy told me about the day before the contest. But whatever. It's all just some stupid conspiracy theory I guess.

(Performance 11 from Kingsley Bedford)

Nowienski: That was the Kinglsey Bedford entry... if you didn't see that on the screen, or something... I know we've been saying for a while that these guys will win at some point, but this can't be it. Something's missing from this one. It would need a lot of help from the other NLT countries... still it has to better then anything out of that Kura-Pelland conspiracy Milinska was talking about. Who are Kura-Pelland anyway?

Milinska: Well, I was just reading about it last night. It was a country, but now it's more of a style. Like the second or third worst kind of music at the contest. I guess it all peaked when Cachette de Lions got their third win with that god awful Frozen Heart song. The site didn't look like it's been updated in a while anyway.

Nowienski: Please... shut up about your Kura-Pelland stuff. No-one else here knows who they are, or what voting block they're part of. We've just hand Kingsley Bedford, who are in NLT and might get a few 5's and 6's from countries in other regions.

Milinska: That was enough to get us third place last year, they got fourth I think... maye they'll win WorldVision 17. If they send something good.

Nowienski: And up next is a country that never sends anything good. Achalya Santis. They've re-worked their national final this time, made it more open, but that probably just opened it to more types of crap, instead of a pre-determined one.

(Preformance 12 from Achalya Santis)

Milinska: And that was the new Achalya Santis. Same as the old Achalya Santis. As you saw, changing the NF around did a good deal of nothing for them.

Nowienski: Well, to be fair, their song was a little bit different then what they sent before. At first it just starts of slow and boring. You know, the other kind of last place song. But would it stay like that? No, this isn't New Entropia. Would it get any better? Of course not, this is Achalya Santis. So it's still crap, just in a newer way.

Milinska: To be unfair, that's what they've been doing for the last few years now. Last year all the songs had to be screamy "rock songs" that shouldn't reall be called rock songs. The year before that, all the songs had to be written in 5 minutes.

Nowienski: And this year they had many different types of crap and went for the one without the C. That has to have some sort of significance for them, knowing they'll always send some kind of crap. Of course it's not going to change their place on the scoreboard. Zero points from Swilatia.

Milinska: Well, we gave them a pont last time. Still not sure why. And up next are last year's winners, Meciene. Can they do it again? Their entry is called Heat Me Up.

----
OOC: Does any-one else annoyed when people try to describe what the audience does as part of their performance post? It's always seemed like a form of godmoding to me. Shame on you, Achalya Santis.
Last edited by Swilatia on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Political Compass

Meciene
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:37 am

Jeremy: And so... we move on to another song. It's Achalya Santis, so don't expect much, even though none of you have probably heard the song before.

Performance by -12 Achalya Santis-

Jeremy: It was actually good, well, at the start, I mean. But then it all went downhill from there. What the hell was blasting throughout the stadium that time its.. its.. you know.

Kyuo: Just plain horrible, I guess. Anyway, it was nice of their publicity team to distribute those handkerchiefs or something. Makes me wish we actually gave glowsticks to all the people out there. It's too boring with just flags.

Jeremy: So, if you really want to vote for this.. you can still vote for it, although it will not really have an effect. The last time we gave Achalya Santis points was in.... WVSC13? The moon song? But we had juries then.

Kyuo: I for one don't like juries. Those five to ten people which probably have the weirdest taste ever affect our results. I'd rather have Love Nub'e voting for all of Mec.. wait. What?

Jeremy: Who cares, anyway. As long as we give out sensible votes, no one really gives a damn. Speaking of votes, you can't vote for the next one. It's Meciene! Yay? Go Karen! Go Lungatsi!

Kyuo: This'll probably get L&K's twelve anyway. They don't care how crappy our entry is.

Performance by -13 Meciene-

Jeremy: Woo! Karen! Thanks for making Meciene proud with probably our most energetic performance yet! Well, hopefully the voters can get it.

Kyuo: Well, let's hope we can do a CdL and win this for the second time in a row. Good thing is, CdL sent something in French, so most voters aren't gonna get it. Their song is called 'Liar' or something like that. Then, we've seen how crappy Kingsley Bedford is. So, we are still to find out what Swilatia has up their sleeves.

Jeremy: Their song is called 'Surrender', which is probably related to last year's Cachettian entry. You know, "Surrender baby, don't you know" blah blah in control. Yeah, that was another winning contender. And they really want their fourth win before CdL does.

Kyuo: Let's hope our winning chances aren't ruled out. Hmm, next is song 14, the liar song in French, from Cachette de Lions. I'm worried man, freaking worried. They can just overshadow us and throw us aside.

Jeremy: Hopefully all that fire did something...
Last edited by Meciene on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cachette de Lions
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cachette de Lions » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:49 am

It's the Cachettian entry or whatever. Starts off dark, opening with synthesized brass, as spotlights come on to the backing dancers one by one, who are posing around the last person to be illuminated, Evéline, dressed in a short black dress.

Il y a quelques années que nous sommes partis sur ce chemin
Et maintenant il nous faut accepter que nous sommes arrivés à la fin
Car bien que je t'aimais, il fallait que je réalisais
Tes baisers doux masquent les mensonges
Chaque jour je t'attendais, chaque nuit tu me prétendais
Évidemment tu n'étais pas un ange

The chorus comes in, and finally the song really begins with a dance beat coming in.

Je t'aime depuis longtemps
Mais c'est évident que t'es menteur, woah
Tu peux faire ce que tu veux
Je ne serai pas ici, car je n'ai pas peur
Je n'ai plus peur de toi
Et autant que je puisse juger tu rest'ras
Woah, tu seras menteur

During the second verse, one of the backing dancers dances with Evéline, but she rejects his advances (it fits with the lyrics I guess.)

Il y a quelques semaines que j'ai réalisé t'es pas fidèle
Et si tu cherches quelqu'un qui accepterais tout, je n'suis pas elle
Car bien que t'as l'air chic et ton amour me semblait électrique
Je ne peux pas supporter ce tromperie
Ton apparence est magnifique
Ton comportement est vraiment sadique
À la fin, ce sera moi qui aura rit

Je n'ai plus peur de toi
Et autant que je sache tu rest'ras
Woah, tu seras menteur

There's an instrumental now, with Evéline in the middle while backing dancers dance around her...

Woah... woah...

...before the final choruses begin. The first one has only a quiet instrumentation which becomes loud again in the last chorus.

Mais c'est évident que t'es menteur

Je n'ai plus peur de toi
Et autant que je sache tu rest'ras
Woah, tu seras menteur!

Merci Valeneska!

Translation, if you want it:

It's been years since we started down this road
And it's time to realise we've reached the end
Because although I loved you, I had to realise
Your kisses disguised your lies
Every day I waited for you, every night you pretended
Obviously you were no angel

I've loved you for a long time
But it's clear you're a liar, woah
You can do what you like
I won't be here, I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid of you anymore
And as far as I can see, you'll remain
Woah, you'll be a liar

It's been weeks since I realised you were unfaithful
And if you're looking for someone who takes everything, I'm not her
Because although you were cool, and your love was electric
I can't take this deception anymore
You looked magnificent, but your behaviour was sadistic
In the end, I'll be the one laughing

You can do what you like
Woah, you'll be a liar

Woah... woah...

You can do what you like

You can do what you like
Woah, you'll be a liar
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

New Entropia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Entropia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Swilatia wrote:Nowienski: If there's any pastafarians watching this, they might as well vote for FSM... I can't think of any-one who'd actually vote for Unitopolis. Anyway, here's song 10 from New Entropia... Fall of a Superpower, by The Revolution. You know, that would almost sound promising, that is, if we didn't know it was a New Entropia entry.

Zing.

Velvek:24 - Worldvision Coverage

Kara: Welcome back, we now have Kingsley Bedford with Go Away by Niels Holmm.

(Song 11 - Kinglsey Bedford)

Kara: Hell, its not the worst song we have seen so far. Of course, what the worst song actually is is rather subjective. The rest of the world would argue its ours. Our Foreign Ministry really earns its keep doesnt it...
Sir Daniel: We need a song like Turkey's.
Kara: What?
Sir Daniel: Oh, um, er, FOX!!
Kara: Er, right. Anyway, if you want to vote for Kinglsey Bedford, visit http://votevision.nent, call 7446/34/92 or text 11 to 88452. Next, we have Achalya Santis with Rushing To the Mountain by Fakundo. Got to be careful how you say that.

(Song 12 - Achalya Santis)

Sir Daniel: ... so I bit his knob orf and told him to get lost, blady pleb *incomprehensible mumbling*.
Kara: Er, yeah. Well unfortunately I didnt catch that because SOMEONE talked all the way through it. You, however, did, so if it was any good and you want to vote for it, visit http://votevision.nent, call 7446/34/92 or text 12 to 88452. The next song in this interminable barrage of musicality is Heat Me Up, by Karen Jane, the entry by last year's hosts Meciene.

(Song 13 - Meciene)

Kara: Pole dancing, fireworks. That will get our 12 points.
Sir Daniel: *incomprehensible mumbling*
Kara: What?
Sir Daniel: *incomprehensible mumbling, with some weird pervy gestures*
Kara: Er, ok then. You know how to vote by now, and I am sure you will vote for that song. The next one is the country that got our twelve last year, Cachette De Lions. They are entering a song in French, or something.
Sir Daniel: *incomprehensible mumbling*
Kara: Er, what he said. Or probably not.

(Song 14 - Cachette De Lions)

Kara: Oh dear. They probably arent going to get that many points this time around. The song is not bad, but its in French. New Entropians dont tend to vote for songs like that.
Sir Daniel: Back in my day everybody spoke proper languages.
Kara: So, French then.
Sir Daniel: You blady young 'uns with your liberalism and your "foxes are cute, you cant butcher them with 500 dogs Mr Cameron".
Kara: Whatever. So, if you do want to vote for that, and I'd like to think you would, but you wont, visit http://votevision.nent, call 7446/34/92 or text 14 to 88452.
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Creator of Electionator 1.2 *new!*

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:39 pm

GTV1 - WVSC 15 Coverage for Grittonia

Three people are shown, Pappa, Princess Sharon and Galaxia. While Pappa is generally known, Princess Sharon and Galaxia aren't... Depending on the position of Grittonia on the scoreboard by the end of this contest, either Sharon or Galaxia will be going to WVSC 16.

Pappa: Welcome at the GTV 1 WorldVision coverage. I'm here with Princess Sharon and Galaxia, either of which will be the next act that Grittonia will send to the WVSC.
Sharon: Yay!
Galaxia: [With bad girly-voice] You know, when I lived in Lickin-ze-dickin...''
P: Galaxia, quit with the voice. We all know you are a she-male hooker.
G: [Now with a man's voice] Oh, oh. Shall we begin then?
P: Yes. That would be best, wouldn't it be?

Opening Act

G: Boo! Bad act! I think I threw up a little!
P: Shut up, it was the opening act.
G: Oh, well... Then it was good, I guess.

1 - Lithatrius

P: Ehm... No.
S: I liked it.
G: *Slurping sounds are heard, with some man standing with his crotch near Galaxia's face*
S: Ah, yuk!
P: Indeed, she-male hookers are bad. Very bad.

2 - Vescia

All three: Yes!
G: Wait, what were we voting on?
P: Sandwiches, if we wanted them.
G: Oh, yeah. I want a sandwich. Extra meat.

3 - Nation of FSM

S: No.
P & G: Indeed.

4 - Grittonia

All three: Yay! Grittonia for the win! Woo, woo, woo! 12 Points for Grittonia! Woop woop!

5 - Lunives&Koldui

S: No.
G: What?
P: Fuck...
G: Sure, when we are finished with this, mmmkay?
P: Wait, what? Nooooo!

6 - Chatford

S: Pass. Too bad.

7 - Valeneska

G: Fuck the world!
S: I'm sure you would like that.
G: Maybe you want a ride?
S: Get the fu.... Nooooo!
P: *whistles a tune while looking away*

8 - Cirona

P: *Keeps looking away while mumbling something which sounds a bit like 'Help, get me out of here'*

9 - Unitopolis

Sharon and Galaxia return to the stage.

P: I offer a bounty of 20 million and refuge in Grittonia for the person who kills Sticky Mint. 25 Million if the bodies are only recognisable by their teeth.
S: Horror! I see dead people...
G: Nice darling, now, be quiet.

10 - New Entropia

G: Did the songwriter have a major brain damage when he wrote this?
S: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Ye...
P: Sharon, get yourself cleaned up.

Sharon walks off.

11 - Kingsley Bedford

P: Maybe it'll get some points. I'm not sure.
G: Me neither.

12 - Achalya Santis

P: Didn't they send someone with a whip once?
G: Hmmm.
P: I liked that. This? Not so much.

13 - Meciene

P: Good song.
G: I agree.

Sharon returns to the stage and attacks Galaxia.

S: Fuck you bitch.
P: *Whistles and looks away*

14 - Cachette de Lions

P: *Mouths a No before stepping a few steps backwards so that Sharon and Galaxia can fight without problems*
Last edited by Grittonia on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 am

bump...

Political Compass

Kalasion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasion » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:25 pm

WorldVision 15 Calamsk Coverage

Hi, I'm Fox Bews, here to cover this year's WorldVision here in Valeneska!

Intro Performance

Wow... typical first act. Time for act 1, Valentina by Dobralvya from Lithatrius!

Performance 1

Frightening. If you liked this act, go to www.wv15.ksi/1. Next up is The Last Battle by Coda from Vescia!

Performance 2

Rockin', dude! ...No really. I DID just say that. Go to www.wv15.ksi/2 if this was your fav. Time to join the Pastafarian monk choir from FSM with their deep Great Spaghetti Monster.

Performance 3

I think I just got converted. Go to www.wv15.ksi/3 if you were touched by a meatball. Now time for Grittonian Lugo and Jugo Strevokov's This is Grittonia!

Performance 4

Sexy. Once again, go to www.wv15.ksi/4 if this was enjoyable. Last act before the break! A Love Story by Reine from Lunives and Koldui!

Performance 5

I'll never go on a date again. Go to www.wv15.ksi/5 if this broke your heart. Or maybe you just liked it. How should I know? But hold it! You cannot vote until the contest is over. Keep it in your head, okay? More after the break.

Commercials

Hey, welcome back. I'm Fox Bews. Last time we had a rock show, a romantic cheer, a religious chorus, a war song and a dead-hot patriotic ode. What'll happen next?
Okay. Through My Veins by Chatfordian Dajna Sirvatce is next.

Performance 6

It's right out of a Lady Gaga concert. Go to www.wv15.ksi/6 to say YES to Dajna. Now, Valeneskan D and K present World Song. They better make everyone happy that they own this WorldVision.

Performance 7

Whoa, that was skillfully laid out. www.wv15.ksi/7 is this song's voting ballot. Cirona's Hyeonjae Cho sings Home next.

Performance 8

I'm going to cry. Therefore, I hated it. You liked it? Then go to www.wv15.ksi/8 to vote for it. (Get me a tissue box.) Sticky Mint from Unitopolis belts out their smash Emergency!

Performance 9

TOTALLy AWESOME, DOODE! I'm going straight to www.wv15.ksi/9 for that! Now, New Entropia's The Revolution represents Fall of a Superpower.

Performance 10

Too short. But if it was your pick, go to www.wv15.ksi/10. Kingsley Bedford's Niels Holm presents Go Away, next.

Performance 11

WOWZERS! EXCELLENT! Go to www.wv15.ksi/10 or I will slap you. Kidding. Now for Achalya Santis' Fakundo and their song Rushing to the Mountain!

Performance 12

So-so. Go to www.wv15.ksi/11 if you liked it. Heat Me Up by Karen Jarne of Meciene will heat you up, guaranteed.

Performance 13

AUGGGH! MY EYES! PLEASE don't go to www.wv15.ksi/12 for the sake of your children! Cachette de Lions has Evéline Sanie with Menteur. Good think I can speak French. Comment ca va?

Performance 14

Heh heh... il est un grand menteur. Back to English for our very own Hannah Tall with her "Your Love is a Pug" after the break.
95% of people on NationStates won’t read this, but as we speak, Libyan people are being massacred, because they’re rebelling against an unfair government. The elderly, women, children, everyone in Libya is in danger tonight. It’s genocide. Repost this in your sig to raise awareness and support the revolution!

Demonym: Mionn(s)
Adjective: Calamsk
I highly suggest you see my NSwiki page if you are involved in an RP with me. Thank you!
http://politicalcompass.org/facebook/pc ... &soc=-2.31

Kalasion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasion » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:29 am

Kalasion WorldVision15 Coverage
Hi, Fox Bews here. Right now is our first WorldVision entry, Hannah Tall's Your Love is a Pug, parody of the smash single by Ke$ha, Your Love Is My Drug.

Hannah Tall, a shy 15-year-old blonde girl stands at the mic. "Hello, Valeneska and WorldVision."
She clears her throat. The background is blue with Hannah Tall in yellow letters in the centre. One red spotlight swings around the stage and the instrument recording (she sings off instrumental CD's) begins.

Lyrics:

Maybe I need a doctor
Or maybe just need a vet
I got a sick obsession
I shouldn't have got a pet

I think your love distracts me
I'm thinkin' you're on my team
My dog against me and you
Get me out of this ugly dream

What you got, boy, is hard to find
I think about it all the time
I'm all strung out, my heart is fried
I just can't get you off my mind

Because your love, your love, your love is a pug
Your love, your love, your love
I said your love, your love, your love is a pug

Won't listen to any advice
Mom's telling me I should think twice
Better left to my own devices
I'm addicted, it's a crisis

My friends think I got fired
My dad thinks I'm just wired
My head is full of woe
I wanna get you and go

What you got, boy, is hard to find
I think about it all the time
I'm all strung out, my heart is fried
I just can't get you off my mind

Because your love, your love, your love is a pug
I said your love, your love, your love is a pug

I don't care what people say
The evil pug's the price I pay
I should've never moved to Maine
But without you is simply pain

Hey, so I gotta question
Do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement?
Does my dog make you hurl like a Diamondback pitcher?
Is my dog such a slug? My pug, a slug
Your pug, is my love your pug?

The spotlight turns green and focuses on Hannah.

Hey, hey, so...
(giggle)
I love, I love, I love, I love Chinese food
(spoken)Wanna have lunch at Shanghai Diner?

Fox: Niiiiiiiice. Go to www.wv15.ksi/15 to be told not to vote for your home nation, you BLEEP b*tch!

That's all for now! See ya!
95% of people on NationStates won’t read this, but as we speak, Libyan people are being massacred, because they’re rebelling against an unfair government. The elderly, women, children, everyone in Libya is in danger tonight. It’s genocide. Repost this in your sig to raise awareness and support the revolution!

Demonym: Mionn(s)
Adjective: Calamsk
I highly suggest you see my NSwiki page if you are involved in an RP with me. Thank you!
http://politicalcompass.org/facebook/pc ... &soc=-2.31

Meciene
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 am

Performance by -14 Cachette de Lions-

Kyuo: Yes, we know its in French. Yes, we know people who aren't used to other languages in the contest might not be voting for this. Yes, I know the last song containing French finished 14th or so last year. But this is Cachette de Lions we're talking about! Every little thing they sing turns into some kind of magical orgasm after a few seconds.

Jeremy: Anyway, most countries aren't used to this, like you said. They might just brush it off because they don't speak English or something. But this is wonderful, I might admit, but I really hope this isn't a winning contender. Please. For the sake of Lungatsi. Please.

Kyuo: Well, you guys can still vote for it. Probably we're gonna give them six points, seven if they're lucky, 'cause the last time we gave 12 to a non-English song was never. Well, except for Rejistania. Rejistanian songs always have that special charm.. you know?

Jeremy: Nah. I think we gave them 12 on our first entry because we were, you know, new to this whole thing. Anyway, link is on the screen to vote for the Rejis- .. umm sorry. The Cachette de Lions entry. Yeah. Next will be Kalasion with that love song which isn't in Lunivin.

Performance by -15 Kalasion-

Jeremy: So, I just read that guy, Hannah, her online profile. She's supposed to be 15 years old, they got drawn 15th, during WorldVision 15. I so hope this isn't an omen. Really, if this wins the standards of this contest will get lower and lower, which means TMC will probably have less entrants, overall losing MRAC viewers. We're probably gonna lose our jobs. Thanks for nothing, Kalasion.

Kyuo: Let's get facts straight, shall we? Unless, all so suddenly, the whole world votes for this song, which will probably not happen, we won't lose our jobs. This'll just be remembered as the worst winner ever, maybe lose some interest, like TMC in only three nights, or being back to the same 14-country contest in the early days. Nothing bad can happen at al- wait. Is Kalasion part of NLT?

Jeremy: No, they aren't, if I rec- oh shit.

Kyuo:What?

Jeremy: They're actually part of Swilantis.

Kyuo: Meh. It wouldn't have much of an effect, anyway. Look at Seven Castles. They've been there for eons and all they got was probably nothing, well, nothing except for Iglesian and Cortazur points. Almost everyone in Swilantis votes for Swilatia, except for Seven Castles. So, we really shouldn't worry if Kalasion has a block or not. It's kinda useless anyway.

Jeremy: Okay, fine. Well, link is on the screen. Voting is self-explanatory.
Last edited by Meciene on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:36 am

(Perfromance 13 from Meciene)

Nowienski: And Meciene are definitely in it to win again. Damn! We thought this could be our year! I guess I'll give this one a few votes, but not too much please. I want this to be Swilatia's year.

Milinska: I'm sure it could be. The only other songs worth voting so far are Lunives and Koldui, Valeneska, and Kingsley Bedford. None of them sound like winners. So this is all we're really up against. I mean Cachette de Lions, they're singing in French this year!

Nowienski: Let's hope so. It was bad enough seeing them equal our record with something as Frozen Heart... I mean, just hearing the name of the song, it makes you feel sick already. And then to see them take it home with something in French. Just no...

Milinska: No, we'll have something better this year, I'm sure. I mean, we changed our nation final around, after the old format actually let a song in Polish through. And our like first or second win came right after we decided to have semi-finals in the first place.

Nowienski: Well it's not like we have quarter-finals now. But before we see if you're right, here's the Cachette de Lions entry. In french. Also, what the hell is a Menteur and why the hell would some-one write a song about that.

(Performance 14 from Cachette de Lions)

Milinska: That was crap. I think Cortazur might vote for it, that's about it.

Nowienski: Well, obviosuly Cachette de Lions got tired of being in the top 5 every year, and miss the days when they would finish 19th. And me too. I'm sick of them having a free pass and hope this is enough to take it away.

Milinska: Well, we stopped voting for them a while ago. In Control was halfway decent, but we only gave it like 4 points. Just pushing ourselves out of second place by that little bit. Of course Meciene were already winning by like 60 points so it didn't really matter.

Nowienski: Of course it matters. We want our third win, don't we now... and before they do. Hopefully we don't repeat our mistake from last year, and we win by like 3 points. With Meciene in second... okay, if it's them we'll end up voting for them. But not Cachette de Lions. This can't be their year.

Milinska: And we have extra support this year, from our very own Kalasion... well okay, they're in Swilantis but we still don't know if they'll vote for us or for Seven Castles. Their song is your love is a pug, by Hannah Tall.

(Performance 15 from Kalasion)

Nowienski: What the hell was that? I'm not even sure if Seven Castles will vote for this. Perhaps Kalasion should start their own voting block with Khorata or something.

Milinska: I'm sure Seven Castles will give this at least a point. They gave a lot to Mijlinka last year after we told them they couldn't be part of the real Swilantis voting block. And there's the Iglesians, because they own the whole thing.

Nowienski: That about does it for them then. Every-one knows the only reason the Iglesian voting block exists is to keep Seven Castles from getting last place. And that doesn't always work.

Milinska: Heh. I can already see it. The singer is 15 years old. She's performing the 15th song at WorldVision 15. So that means what... 15th place? 15 points? That would probably put them near the bottom of the table.

Nowienski: And here's another Swilantis country, Sophia City! They've been away for a while, but now they're back to make a not-so triumphant return with OMFG! It's You Again! Even the title is... let's hope it's just better then that Mijlinka entry, or they'll have to bury their heads in the sand for another 3 years.
Last edited by Swilatia on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Political Compass

Big Fat Booty
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Fat Booty » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm

there room for an extra?

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:58 pm

This isn't a signup thread.

Political Compass

Big Fat Booty
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Fat Booty » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Swilatia wrote:This isn't a signup thread.

well then where is the signup thread?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates