NATION

PASSWORD

1st Year Anniversary of the Chainsaw Pact (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Former Principalities
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Principalities » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:19 pm

The dawn sun burned through the clouds on the frigid winter morning, illuminating those who had camped in the streets of Varxovgrad to get the best views for today's celebrations. Already there were soldiers from Zalgosia and Former Principalities lining up behind their Varxist comrades readying themselves for the task at hand, with many civilians whispering how professional they looked... More and more people began to pile into the square, anxious to view the parades...

Chancellor Panovski looked up at the podium, feeling relaxed. It was not the first time he had given a mass decree like this.. 'except', he thought to himself, 'this one actually means something'. "Sir, your aircraft is ready to head for Varxist States, just give us the word" Major Phoebus whispered in his ear. "Good. It's showtime..." he replied.

Chancellor Panovski stepped up to the podium and greeted the massive crowds, packed with citizens not just from Former Principalities, but from all over the Chainsaw Pact. "Comrades, it is my most glorious honour to announce that this day marks one year of the existence of our most glorious alliance, the Chainsaw Pact. An existence of peace, prosperity and most of all, a year of progress. We were once a fledgling alliance of small nations, almost the backwater nations of the world. We were a nation who could barely feed ourselves, let alone possess diplomatic force. Many of our comrade nations were almost the same...

"Look at us now... a force to be reckoned with. One year of unity has created an environment where we can enjoy, and have enjoyed, unforeseen economic prosperity for our peoples... one year has seen us become a Pact with a sizable military, more than capable of defending our borders.... one year has seen us leap ahead in technology, phasing from what we once were to near future technologies... all in one year... just one.

"I shall now introduce what many of you have been waiting for... let us begin the parades!" He shouted.

The crowd began to cheer and holler as the chosen units began marching to a lively drum beat, their vivid red military banners flying high...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-sRNde96s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ouqCALWkTU&feature=related

"It's time. Get me to Varxist States, and have my air crew sober up this time" Chancellor Panovski said to Major Phoebus as he descended the podium....
Last edited by Jenrak on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zalgosia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zalgosia » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:55 am

It had hit high noon, sunlight glinted off of thousands of weapons and brassing as memebers of the zalgosian millitary, and liason forces from her allies marshalled into position in the capital of Geirash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5YvBpTvWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxPAdmlZCHI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkI1W2xg ... re=related

Prince elect premier Anderson looked on with pride at the disciplined martial spectacle that was unfolding befor him. the honour gaurd; comprised of elite men hand-picked from the 7th armed division and members from each of the allied states, carried forth the defence presidium banner, alongside their own divisonal colour.

linning the way were soldiers of every nation. Proud soldiers of the Former Princepalities, high backed in their stern dress uniforms. Members of the 10 zalgosian armed divisions, their austere black edged by the their divisional colours. Swazderlandians in their serried ranks of destinctive red berrets. And finaly the men and women of Psychasia and the Varxist states, assembled with their customary discipline and resplendant in their ornate laurels.

Forward moved the parade, the car carrying the pact colours leading the way, accompanied by a percussion of 400 tzalkinists*, their strong martial beat stirring the hearts and pride of all who looked on as members of all nations sung out their national cry, the languages mingling into a resounding cacophony. next came the armour of the pact nations, the grind of their tracks shaking the foundations of the parrade ground to such an extent that many onlookers almost lost their footing, but not the sturdy service-men of the pact, as they stood their ground like they had done for their past year of service.
and finaly came the roar of jet engines, as three planes descended upon the parade, the shining white of a bomber of the 1st zalgosian air division, flanked by the sinister black of two of skull squadron's best aces

*the tzalikin is a traditional zalgosian percussion instrument, simmilare to a snare drum, but as opposed to streched steel stings, the tzalkin has a curved rim or band of metal on the interior of the drum(the shape and material of the band depend on region, type and preference) this give the drum a resounding sound with a distinct after noise simmilare to flexed sheet metal

Psychasia
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Psychasia » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Watching the military parades go past, Supreme Ruler Seth smiled from the protective insides of his armored car. There was a recent attempt on his life in his country - growing displeasure with the lack of democracy had forced a small group to action. His police were working on it now. But not even that could prevent him from attending this parade.

And if the crowds weren't excited enough by the displays of military force, they would certainly be sent into a patriotic frenzy by his contribution. After all, his country was the cultural heart of the Pact. And what was a parade without a little bit of culture?

At his word, two planes flew over head. And from them dropped hundreds upon thousands of origami figures: cranes, lilies, azaleas and butterflys.. Simultaneously, from a side street appeared a giant dragon, carried by a contingent of Psychasia's best runners dressed in black. It began following the parade, pyrotechnics streaming from it's mouth.

From other sidestreets, came slightly smaller dragons and hydralisks, each carried by a single runner in black, and these began swerving in and out of the military groups. The crowd oohed and aahed in awe of the giant paper creations, moving before their eyes, and miniture ones falling onto their heads.

Following the giant origami dragon, amid a swarm of smaller dragons, drove a platform with a small orchestra, choir and soloist on it, adding to the noise and general excitement of the event.

Seth's smile grew. What better way to celebrate the pact, sow a little bit of chaos among the parade, and silence his enemies at home, all with one fell swoop.
Last edited by Psychasia on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Former Principalities
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Former Principalities » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:26 am

Chancellor Panovski was pleased at the turnout. He stood there admiring the crowds as they cheered the soldiers and various origami creatures under flying banners of the Chainsaw Pact and their native countries alike. "It is a good day" he said out loud to his team of adjutants as they gawped at the monstrosity of the celebrations. He looked at the armoured car of his friend Seth, and felt slightly offended that he did not trust the security of Former Principalities.

More Zalgosian troops poured into the square, followed closely by Palatine light recon infantry and Luftwaffe ground infantry, chosen to represent the real workhorse of the Palatine army. Banners flew in the wind as they marched, the loud stamping of jackboots competing with the crowd for volume. "It is a good day" he repeated...

Colonial Brenya
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Brenya » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:47 am

"Tis a good day, indeed, Mr. Panovski," President McHugh said laughing as he walked up behind his ally. A short younger man followed behind him. There was nothing prominent about the man, he looked as if he was just an assistant, or maybe a son. "I apologize for my lateness, my jet had trouble starting this morning," McHugh said, still chuckling for whatever reason, "I hope I haven't missed my own country's segment."

Rhoacolin
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhoacolin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 pm

((OOC: can I post here?))

President Minister Harl watched the parade from his box. He joined onto the CHAINSAW Pact after the war with The Marians. A tribe that would stop at nothing to destroy Rhoacolin. And what did his alliance do? Nothing. For a decade he was with several alliances, none of whom helped him. He remembered going to the small group with great fear not knowing where to turn. He reminisced over their supreme kindness and well offerings. One year ago they saved not only his life, but the life of his country. They allowing him to sign on the treaty as their 12th member. He truly did care for all of these countries. At this moment Rhoacolin was hosing their own celebration, their President Ministers birthday was tomorrow. So he sat back and watched undisturbed as the festivities continued after Panovski's speech. What a speech it was too. He stood himself clapping for the Chancellor who stood at the podium across from his box. "Where is Chancellor Panovski going? I would like to thank him for inviting us here." He nodded at Jeanne to go find out some information.

Then he saw General McNeam marching with his soldiers along the parade singing the National Anthem of Rhoacolin. "They make me proud Mark" He said to his brother. "One year ago none of this would have been possible. I only get to see Panovski once every couple of months, shall we?" He gestured towards the door where Jeanne was holding a binder. "Chancellor Panovki is about to leave sir. Shall we hurry?"

"Yes, group, let's move a bit quickly."

Return to NationStates