NATION

PASSWORD

Traitor Cells[IC/Invite Only/TG to enter]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Great state of Joseon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Traitor Cells[IC/Invite Only/TG to enter]

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:41 am

OOC: Here

The suburbs of Seoul.

Since Joseon was modernized, the suburbs of Seoul have been steadily pushed out. As the city gradually expanded, the suburb became the city center, and the area far from Seoul became the suburbs of Seoul.

Today, the suburbs of Seoul, far from the crowded city center, are home to many villas for the rich. This is an investment aimed at raising real estate prices if Seoul expands in the future, but it also contains people's desire to get out of the noisy city center.

Crucially, the lack of people around also means that secret plans are difficult to escape.

Located in the quietest neighborhood of Seoul, a mansion is surrounded by huge concrete fences and CCTVs. In addition, dozens of bodyguards are guarding the mansion, all of whom are hiding pistols in their clothes. In Joseon, where civilians are prohibited from carrying firearms, this is not only very rare but also illegal.

It must seem suspicious to others that several key figures from Joseon's political and business circles gather to talk here, which gives off an unusual atmosphere. However, the owner of the mansion blocked the possibility of others accessing the mansion by purchasing land within a radius of several hundred meters.

Now this is their kingdom. No one can touch it.

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"What do you mean, the plan has been changed? Why? It would be dangerous to suddenly revise the plan."

Deputy Prime Minister Heo Joonghyuk, seated in the middle of the room, made a fierce gesture of discontent. He was the highest man in this room. At least in form.

On Soo-Chan took a sip of coffee and put the cup down on the table. Then he answered with ease.

Vice Director of the National Intelligence Service
On Soo-Chan
"Because of some variables. It is dangerous to proceed with the plan without modification even if a variable has occurred. Don't you hate dangerous things?"

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"Yes, it is."

On Soo-Chan
"Then I will explain the changed plan."

On Soo-Chan savored the coffee again. With everyone in the room paying attention to him, he continued slowly, enjoying the atmosphere.

On Soo-Chan
"First of all, we're going to use mercenaries to terrorize all over the country. Then the NIS agents I recruited will manipulate public opinion on the cyber and amplify public anxiety, and the police will investigate terrorist incidents, but they will not be able to catch the culprit. Don't you think so?"

On Soo-Chan looked at Park Shinwoong.

The Head of the Central Investigation Office of the Police
Park Shinwoong
"Of course. The Central Investigation Office of the Police will be in charge of the investigation, but in the end, the police will not be able to catch the criminal. Because I'll prevent it."

On Soo-Chan
"Okay, after that, my agents will worsen public opinion about the current administration on the cyber. Of course, that's not enough. So the mercenaries will step up one more time. If mercenaries start a large-scale gunfight against police and citizens in the middle of Seoul, and if the police fail to suppress it, the dissatisfaction with the government will increase even more.“

"After that, we have to step up in earnest. On the day the prime minister gives a speech in the National Assembly, the prime minister and most of the ministers gather in the National Assembly. We will use mercenaries to take over the National Assembly on that day, bomb the Ministry of Defense, and then take control of the major broadcasters. If the Ministry of Defense is blown up and the military command disappears, the military will not respond properly."

When On Soo-Chan finished speaking, there was a moment of silence in the room.

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"So, now........you're asking for a coup. I think it's much more radical than the initial plan?"

On Soo-Chan
"Yes, that's right. We must carry out a coup."

The Chairman of the Social Pillar Foundation
Jung Chung Ah
"The first and last coup in the country was in 1979, and even that failed. Are you confident of the success of the coup?"

On Soo-Chan nodded with a confident look.

On Soo-Chan
"The lack of experience in coups means the lack of ability to respond to coups. Don't worry. The coup will succeed. On the surface, my plan may seem rather simple. But I've already infiltrated my people into government departments. The preparations are complete, and all we have to do is start."

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"By the way, if the coup succeeds, what will we do next?"

On Soo-Chan had a mysterious expression.

On Soo-Chan
"Well, what's certain is that after the coup is successful, this country will be ours."

The office of the head of the National Intelligence Service was dark and seemed to be closed. This atmosphere puts psychological pressure on the person who visits the room and has the effect of inducing the situation to change in favor of the head of National Intelligence Service.

The person now in the office of the National Intelligence Service director was experiencing such an effect. The hands of the agent facing the head of the National Intelligence Service were shaking slightly, and cold sweat was flowing from his back.

Director of the National Intelligence Service
Park Joo Tae
"You said you had something to report closely to me. Tell me."

Agent of the National Intelligence Service
Jang Cheonsung
"That's..."

Park Joo Tae
"Speak. I don't have much patience."

The agent agonized for the moment he closed his eyes tightly. Then he finally began to speak as if he had made up his mind.

Jang Cheonsung
"A treason plot is being planned within the government."

The agent's words had the same effect as throwing a bomb at Park Joo Tae. For a moment Park Joo Tae was speechless.

Park Joo Tae
"A treason plot?"

Jang Cheonsung
"Yes, it is. A treason plot is being planned within the government. It appears that at least several high-level figures are involved, and it is not clear how many government figures are involved in this treasonous plot."

Park Joo Tae
"Does anyone else know this?"

Jang Cheonsung
"You and I are the only ones who know, sir."

Park Joo Tae
"Okay. Don't tell anyone about it for now. And put the car on standby."

Park Joo Tae headed for the prime minister's office. Park Joo Tae immediately asked for an exclusive meeting with the prime minister, who faced Park Joo Tae after getting everyone else out of the office.

Prime Minister Jeong Dohyung
"What brings you here in such a hurry?"

Park Joo Tae
"Mr. Prime Minister, let me report briefly. A treason plot is now being planned within the government to target the Prime Minister."

Just as when Park Joo Tae was first reported by an agent, Jeong Dohyung lost his words for a while.

"How many people were involved in the treason plot?"

Park Joo Tae
"It isn't for sure. However, several senior government figures appear to have been involved in the plot. Therefore, from now, it should be seen that there is no reliable person in the Government except the You and me. To be honest, NIS agents are also unreliable at the moment."

Jeong Dohyung put his hand on his forehead. His forehead was suddenly burning with fever. For him, the whole situation was very embarrassing. The treason plot is something he never imagined.

"Please find a reliable person in the government, NIS, police, prosecutors, and military as soon as possible. Of course, it will be difficult. But I don't think you and I can solve this problem alone."

Park Joo Tae
"That's right. Sir."

Jeong Dohyung sighed. For a moment he thought a lot. As to who and why they are planning a rebellion.

"Are there really no people we can trust right now?"

Park Joo Tae
"Unfortunately, yes. However, I will try to find reliable people within the government as soon as possible."

Something popped into Jeong Dohyung's head.

"What about the intelligence agencies of the allies?"

Park Joo Tae was embarrassed.

Park Joo Tae
"Prime Minister, are you going to leave domestic problems to foreign countries?"

"It is what is it. There are no reliable people in the country right now. For now, the allies' intelligence agencies are more reliable than domestic agents."

Park Joo Tae did not refute by adding rhetoric. What the Prime Minister pointed out was a stark fact. It was painful for him to ask foreign countries for help on domestic issues, but he had to admit the reality. Of the 250,000 police, 1.7 million military troops, and countless NIS agents, none was reliable now.

Park Joo Tae
"All right, sir. I will send a telegram directly to the allies. And I will find reliable people in our country and report them to the Prime Minister. Don't worry too much.“

National Intelligence Service of Joseon

From: Park Joo Tae, Director of the National Intelligence Service
Subject: Support Request
Encryption: Very High

May peace be in your country.

Please do not disclose what is included in this telegram to anyone else in Joseon except me and the Prime Minister.

Currently, a treason plot is underway in Joseon involving many high-ranking government officials. Unfortunately, it is not yet known how many people were involved in the conspiracy, nor how many cells of treason plot were spread. Therefore, until I send a telegram again later, consider that no one in Joseon other than me and the Prime Minister can be trusted.

It is difficult for me and the Prime Minister to respond to a treason plot because of the extremely limited number of people we can trust. Therefore, I have to ask your country for help. To prevent treason, we need a team to carry out the operation, and it is currently impossible to organize the team to carry out the operation only with NIS agents.

So I'd like your country's intelligence agency to send us agents. At the moment, your country's agents are more reliable than our country's agents. Please understand that I made this request after serious discussions with the Prime Minister.

I want you to review my request positively.

Park Joo Tae
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
The Land of the Morning Calm
고요한 아침의 나라

NS statistics are not standard.
Factbook / IIWiki Page / Embassy Program

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:35 pm

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF MERIDON
Cordelia Cevante- Apartment ▇▇, Floor 32
02:30 AM, 6 August 2023

The Cordelia Cevante was a relatively new building, having opened its doors to residents in only 2017. It was a waterfront property sat along the White River, with beautiful overlooks of eastern midtown Cordelia, its lights twinkling from beyond a full wall length window looking outwards. Within it sat the form of a man whose name had lost importance a number of years ago, this house one of a few allocated to the seniormost agents of the Abroad Intelligence Service, whose personal lives and professional lives existed in a hazy blur. With a modicum of interest- perhaps only so far as it would further a future mission- he watched a reporter speak from the darkened streets of Misanui on late night breaking news of the situation developing in the Eastern Islands. Domestic security was not his responsibility, he knew, so watching this report must have been an excuse for something. Perhaps it was a bit of patriotism left, as he watched his homeland over from the comfort of a upperclass highrise.

On the coffee table before him, a phone rang. The number wasn't important- if anyone had his, it was a relevant call. So, passively, did the man take the phone.

Indicated by the heavy second and a half pause before speaking was his handler, who he simply referred to as such. He knew his name, but there was little reason to say it.

"Good evening, How was dinner?"

"I just finished;" he responded. The man on the phone chuckled. Even though these phonelines were theoretically secure, AIS agents of his caliber rarely took the chance. Everything was written, or spoken, so it could not be intercepted. When it was not, it was wrapped in code that was too complex to crack at all or to crack in time for the information to be relevant. Even something as simple as this- a conversation had already occurred. The handler had asked his status, and the agent had said he was standing by.

"..That's a shame. I could've taken you somewhere fancy in my new car." You'll be travelling somewhere, said the handler. "Zero to sixty in one point five." Travel is being arranged as we speak.

"That so? What kind?" Where should I expect? Asked the agent.

"Aw, crap. Can you believe a man who forgets the make of his own car?" Somewhere foreign and very distant. "It's a sedan, ah.. fancy cupholders." An urban area in a well-developed country. "I've already lost the owners manual, so I can't look it up." The location will provide significant language or cultural difficulties from standard Meridonian.

"Can't you get a replacement mailed to you?" Where is the point of contact?

"Aw, fizz. I should've thought of that- no, you idiot, the mailing address was on the manual. Get your head out of your ass." The vending machine on 33rd and Castille. Leave immediately.

"Suck off." Goodbye.

The call was ended, and as he rose, he stretched gently as he turned the TV off and pocketed the cellphone for later swapping or disposal. The process was efficient- within three hours, he was on a Meridon Airways flight towards Seoul. There, he would have a meeting with a junior Abroad Intelligence Service agent who was much better embedded into Korean culture than he was. Until then, however, it was a very long flight ahead.

Thousands of miles away, a message would find its way into the hands of the Korean intelligence director. Perhaps it had been placed into his coat pocket, or on his desk, or another place where it might hide in plain sight. The message was succint, void of pointed details, and straight to the point- as any unencrypted communication must be.

SENDERAbroad Intelligence Service- Operations Bureau
RECIPIENTMr. Park Joo Tae, Director of the National Intelligence Service, Joseon
SUBJECTRequest
CLASSIFICATIONEXTREME-5: Eyes only. Destruction of message after receipt obligatory.

Good evening, Director Park.

We have received your request. We are organizing a response on our end to assist in the mentioned matter. Please provide our office with contact information as is relevant, and we will handle the rest.

-AIS OPERATIONS BUREAU
CORDELIA

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:10 am

The Great Kingdom of Joseon
Seoul, Headquarters of the National Intelligence Service

Jang Cheonsung
"Sir, I have a list of agents involved in the coup plot within the National Intelligence Service. I have also secured some of the lists of people the coup plotters labeled as their 'Targets of vigilance'."

Park Joo Tae's expression brightened when he heard that. The fact that there are agents and government figures who are not involved in the coup plot means that there are people who can help the prime minister and Park Joo Tae.

Park Joo Tae
"Good job securing the list. This list certainly contains the truth, right?"

Jang Cheonsung
"The list is absolutely correct. Senior government figures who led the coup order their men to watch over the 'enemy', so middle-level executives of the coup forces have no choice but to know a list of those who did not participate in the coup."

Park Joo Tae
"Middle-level executives, it means you."

Jang Cheonsung
"Yes. And they do not yet know that I have confessed everything to you."

Park Joo Tae nodded and read the list.

Park Joo Tae, who read the list, was quite shocked. This is because a considerable number of NIS agents were involved in the conspiracy. In addition, the rest of the agents who did not participate in the conspiracy could not be considered safe.

But Park Joo Tae's options were limited. A small number of people can never stop a coup. Eventually, he had to arbitrarily recruit agents who were not involved in the plot and devise an operation to prevent a coup.

He also had to involve government figures classified as 'targets of vigilance' by coup plot forces in the operation to block the coup. This is because they are not only innocent of the coup plot, but they are also menaceable to the coup forces.

Not many people were included in that category. Ministry of Defense, Chief Justice, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Park Joo Tae was relieved that the Minister of Defense was not involved in the coup. However, it was not known how many of the generals in the military were involved in the coup.

Park Joo Tae
"Don't you know if there are any more people in the government who didn't participate in the coup? Not the people that the coup forces categorized as targets of vigilance. I mean, those who didn't participate in the coup."

Jang Cheonsung
"I'm sorry, sir. I haven't figured that out."

It is unlikely that the leaders of the coup plot gave all the information to mid-level executive Jang Cheonsung. This was what Park Joo Tae also expected.

Park Joo Tae
"Okay. You did a great work. You should keep infiltrating in coup forces and keep reporting to me the information they spill. It may be dangerous, but I have no choice but to trust you at the moment. After this operation, you will be promoted to a high-ranking official of NIS."

Jang Cheonsung
"All right, sir. I will report to you at least once a week."

Normally, the office of the Director of the National Intelligence Service left the lights on low. Today Park Joo Tae stifled the idea of considering the convenience of guests and kept the office dark, keeping the lights low.

If any of the guests who visited Park Joo Tae's office today participated in the conspiracy, he could be overwhelmed by the atmosphere of the office and find it difficult to hide his involvement in the conspiracy. Park Joo Tae will attempt to find a traitor by exploiting a person's psychological weakness.

Of course, the guests who visited today were classified as 'safe people'. But Park Joo Tae had to be prepared just in case.

Minister of Defense Lee Hyeyul
"Why did you call us here? Director?"

It was the Minister of Defense Lee Hyeyul who broke the silence.

Park Joo Tae
"I'll get to the point. A treason plot is currently being planned within the government, targeting the prime minister and the administration."

Just as Park Joo Tae first heard of the coup plot, people were in shock.

Commander of the Defense Intelligence
Yoon Joohee
"Did you say it was a treason plot? How many people are involved?"

Park Joo Tae
"I don't know exactly how many people were involved in the plot. To be sure, the people in this room right now are the ones who are being targeted by those planning a coup. At the moment, it is only me and the Prime Minister who have nothing to do with the coup, but you here can also be considered to be threatened by coup forces at the same time that you have nothing to do with it."

Chief Justice of the Supreme
Park Yohan
"Then, who is the leader of the coup? There must be someone who first planned a coup."

Park Joo Tae
"I haven't figured that out yet either. I have a list of NIS agents who participated in the coup plot, but I don't know how many of the government officials participated in the coup."

Yoon Joohee
"Then shouldn't we arrest and interrogate all the agents who participated in the coup?"

Park Joo Tae
"If we do that, the forces who planned the coup could hide in the abyss. Then we can't catch the people behind the coup. After finding enough evidence, we must wipe out the coup forces at once."

"Then what should we do?"

Park Joo Tae looked around the people in the room. At least no one has shown psychological agitation yet. Is that proof that the people in this room are safe people?

Park Joo Tae
"From now on, we will start an operation to find and arrest coup forces. There will be a coup response team in the next few days and you will be part of it. The Chief Justice, You will not come forward directly, but you should do a legal review of various issues and come forward when we find all the coup forces in the future."

"The rest of you, besides the Chief Justice, help form a coup response team by mobilizing reliable people. And because there are not many people we can trust in the country, Me and the Prime Minister have been forced to ask foreign intelligence agencies for help. In the next few days, several foreign countries will be sending support teams or agents."

"You asked for help from a foreign country? Isn't it dangerous to leave domestic problems to foreign countries, no matter how few people are trusted in our country?"

Park Joo Tae
"I thought so, but I concluded that I couldn't help it. For now, we can trust our allies' agents more than our domestic ones."

Yoon Joohee
"Have any countries responded to requests for help?"

Park Joo Tae
"There is. Meridon has expressed his willingness to help us."

Adrian Quaritch's expression brightened a little at that. It was a welcome name for him.

General Adrian Quaritch
"If it's Meridon, I think it's a reliable country. Didn't other countries respond to requests for help?"

Park Joo Tae
"No other countries have responded yet except Meridon, but I'm looking forward to seeing other countries send us support as soon."

Kang Daecheon remained silent for a while and seemed to be thinking about something. When his eyes suddenly turned to Park Joo Tae and he started talking, people could see why he was silent.

Commissioner General of Police Agency
Kang Daecheon
"I have a question. Is there any possibility that the information you heard was fake? Is there any possibility that coup forces will disturb us by leaking fake information about those classified as targets of vigilance?"

That is what Park Joo Tae is concerned about.

Park Joo Tae
"The information came from a reliable agent. But as the Commissioner General said, we can't trust everyone here completely. However, the Prime Minister and myself can't prevent all conspiracy without the help of others. That's why I have you here."

"Keep that in mind. You shouldn't trust others from now on. Don't trust the people in this room completely either, and don't trust the people who aren't in this room even more."

National Intelligence Service of Joseon

To: Meridon Abroad Intelligence Service
From: Park Joo Tae, Director of the National Intelligence Service
Subject: Support Request
Encryption: Very High

Thank you for responding to my request.

I have attached my personal security number to the telegram. From now on, all contacts will be made only with the secure phone number and this telegraphic network. Don't trust telegrams that come in the name of an agency other than mine. You can regard that telegram as contaminated.

When an AIS agent arrives, one agent will come to meet him at the airport. He's an agent not involved in the coup plot. The agent's call sign is 'Beetle 12'. He'll be holding a sign that says, ‘Saebit tourist company’.

Thank you for deciding to help us in this difficult time.

Park Joo Tae
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:41 am

Somewhere in the management offices of Peace Plaza, Mutiara, Empire of Amenria

A salarywoman in her early thirties sat at her desk, just about to log off and end her shift, until a familiar voice turned her head aside. "I'm heading out, see ya." said her colleague who walked by, prompting her to stand up. "Yanfei, wait up!" The two women now faced each other. "Hm? What is it, Guiying?" "I'm just finishing up myself, wanna grab a snack before we head home?" Yanfei nodded and smiled. "I'll be waiting up front, don't take too long, yeah?" "Alright." Guiying looked at her screen again, which now showed an email with jumbled letters as a subject. Her casual expression turned to one more professional as she leaned over her desk, still standing, and clicked on it. "As expected." she mumbled to herself, looking at the contents of the email, which, to the untrained eye, looked just as nonsensical as its subject line.

Moments later, Guiying walked out of the mall's back entrance to see her friend waving and smiling at her. She jogged her way to Yanfei, and the two began walking together. "Let me guess, something you forgot to note down at the last minute?" Yanfei asked, breaking the little moment of silence between the two. "Yeah, nothing too serious though." "Good then. So, how are things at home? Being home alone again has got to take some getting used to." "Yeah, I'm...actually dealing with it better than I thought I would, honestly." "Yeah? You're one tough gal...but who am I kidding? You've always been one since we were in college." Guiying managed a wry smile. Though she was honest about how she was coping, her divorce wasn't exactly the first thing she wanted to talk about straight after work. Well, at least her friend hadn't caught on to her side hustle, which was something she could at least be grateful for. The two walked by a homeless man sitting on a piece of cardboard laid near an alley. He was a blue jacket sporting spiderweb patterns on it, and Guiying stopped before handing him a note folded with a 5 Cicis bill. The man watched them walk by for a few minutes, before standing up himself, getting into the alley and discreetly handing over the note to a smoking man who happened to be standing there.

???

A man stood in a concrete room, devoid of anything but recording equipment before him. He had a blue helmet on his head, its black screen displaying a pixelated logo of a spider. His suit and trousers, which matched the colour of his helmet, was neat and crisp, its material clearly showing its quality. "Greetings" he opened, his deep, altered voice adding a layer of intimidation. "If you are Park Tae Joon, then continue watching. Otherwise, know that directly behind you is probably one of my teams of exterminators, and it would be wise to drop your weapons, and whatever device you are watching this from, and raise your arms above your head. The man paused for a moment before continuing his message. "I am Tsuchigumo, of the Kirigakure Network, a subsidiary of the Angelheart Family. It has come to my attention that you are facing a rodent problem. Rest assured, I have sent a team of exterminators through an emergency portal at the borders of your capital. Follow the energy signature and the dimensional irregularities to find them. If you lack the technology, a piece of art our ambassador has placed in the lobby of our embassy should help you. Consider this an act of goodwill by the Exalted One. Goodbye." Now, all there is to do is wait for the message to reach its intended recipient.

Green: spoken in Chinese
Blue: spoken in Korean
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:38 pm

Incheon
Incheon International Airport

As the airport approached, Kim Ji-Hyuk slowed down the car a little. There was still time to spare before the arrival of the "tourist," and there was no reason to hurry at this time.

When he first heard about the coup plot and was told that some of the NIS's agents were involved in the plot, he immediately suspected that some of the NIS's dignitaries were also involved. Of course, Park Joo Tae understood Kim Ji-Hyuk's concerns, but nothing has been identified about the NIS senior official involved in the conspiracy.

But there was a good need to be careful. The fact that NIS agents were involved in a coup plot also means that someone in a position to command them was involved in the plot. Park Joo Tae was well aware of that.

Kim Ji-Hyuk parked his car in a parking lot at Incheon International Airport and checked the Glock 18 pistol he brought prepared just in case. The pistol was clear, and 18 rounds of ammunition and 3 spare magazines were clear.

He got out of the car and headed to the airport platform with a sign reading 'Saebit tourist company'.

He called somewhere on a secure phone and began reporting.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
“Beetle 12, I have arrived at the airport. Will try to contact the tourist.”

Kim Ji-Hyuk, who had been waiting for a long time on the arrival platform, lifted the sign high as people poured into the platform from the aircraft arriving from Meridon. Now the agent arriving from Meridon had to recognize him.

(Meridon can control the contact process between the AIS agent and Kim Ji-Hyuk.)

Seoul
Headquarters of the National Intelligence Service

On Soo-Chan
"The team operating in Syria needs additional support. The local situation is not very good, so weapons, ammunition, and manpower are all lacking."

Park Joo Tae
"I see. We'll have to send an additional team.”

Park Joo Tae had already set up a list of additional teams to send to Syria. And the agents on the team were those involved in the coup. This is because they had to keep them as far away from Joseon as possible.

Park Joo Tae
"Anything else to report?"

On Soo-Chan
"No, sir. If I have anything else to report, I'll come back to you."

On Soo-Chan finished talking and tried to leave the office.

Park Joo Tae
"You've always been a loyal person to your country, so that's why you've come this far. I believe you will continue to do well."

On Soo-Chan answered after a pause.

On Soo-Chan
"Thank you. I will continue to work harder."

When On Soo-Chan left the office, Park Joo Tae reread the message that arrived on his secure phone.

- Vice Director involved in conspiracy Need attention

Park Joo Tae tried to turn off his cell phone after reading the message but had no choice but to pick it up again to answer calls from the 'Calling number display restriction'.

“Hello.”

"I am Tsuchigumo, of the Kirigakure Network, a subsidiary of the Angelheart Family. It has come to my attention that you are facing a rodent problem. Rest assured, I have sent a team of exterminators through an emergency portal at the borders of your capital. Follow the energy signature and the dimensional irregularities to find them. If you lack the technology, a piece of art our ambassador has placed in the lobby of our embassy should help you. Consider this an act of goodwill by the Exalted One. Goodbye."

Park Joo Tae was embarrassed at first when he heard the message, but he was soon able to organize his thoughts. He pondered what country or power could call to him in this way, and by combining the words mentioned by Tsuchigumo, Amenria was a strong candidate.

At present, there has been no evidence to view the message as a false message from coup forces. Of course, it was natural to doubt the message, but whether it was real or fake was something that would be revealed when he arrived at Amenria's embassy.

The problem was that there was no way to find the energy signature and the dimensional irregularities. So what Park Joo Tae could do was visit Amenria's embassy.

Park Joo Tae called his secretary.

"Put the car on standby. I have to go to Amenria's embassy."

Seoul
Embassy of the Empire of Amenria

When Park Joo Tae's Hyundai GENESIS vehicle arrived at the main gate of the Amenria’s Embassy, he had the driver and secretary waiting in the car and walked into the embassy alone. He presented identification cards to police guarding the embassy and asked Ambassador Choi Ilsung for an interview.

(Amenria can control Park Joo Tae's behavior while he is inside the embassy.)
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:28 am

KINGDOM OF JOSEON
Incheon International Airport, Seoul, Joseon
05:30 AM, 9 August 2023

As a Marina Airlines-scheduled Laurein L180 twinjet placed itself uneventfully upon the runway at Incheon International Airport carrying newspaper-viewing member of the AIS, through the arrival terminal moved a woman of Korean stock in loose jeans and a hoodie. She was of the Federal Republic, but her parents were immigrants from Korea. Her history included some time spent in Joseon as a civilian before her entry into the AIS- but her station was here in the capital of Joseon, working a cover job as a delivery girl and a real job as an informant and aide to the embassy stationed here. She was young and junior to the staff of intelligence agents there- the few that existed in an allied nation mainly for contingency purposes- but in this case, a local contact would be invaluable for the more experienced agent scheduled to arrive.

Approaching a man that fit the description passed to the AIS, she made her move.

'Sora'
Image | Image

Location data unavailable
"Ya, Mr. Beetle;" she would greet the agent from behind with a tap on his shoulder. She spoke in fluent Korean with an accent that belonged to a upper-middle class Seoul girl, waving him backwards towards the doors. "Not here. Too obvious. Car, mine. Follow me."

Hers was an inconspicuous 5-year old model, the only distinguishing feature from a factor car being the tree-shaped air freshener hanging from the rear-view mirror. The agent from mainland Meridon would arrive some ten minutes later, close the door behind him, and the car would shift into gear. The young woman would converse with the mid-thirties man from Meridon, whose blonde hair was hidden behind a ballcap.

"Good evening;" in English she would greet. "I'm assuming that your Korean skills aren't up to snuff."

"I know enough to get by;" was his response. "Hopefully Mr. Beetle here is a bit better at it, since we're going to need a good explanation of the details. You know we're from the AIS, we'll be your feet on the ground and contacts respectively. I go by Nightrose, and the woman up front.."

"Sora;" she would respond. "Tell us what you know and what you need to know. Let's see what we can't get accomplished."

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:16 am

Joseon
Incheon International Airport

Because Sora's Korean was fluent, Kim Ji-Hyuk naturally tried to continue speaking in Korean, but decided not to. Another agent from Meridon also seemed to speak Korean, but he chose English for smooth communication.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"Then I'll explain. A coup plot is currently underway within the government. However, nothing has been revealed about the purpose of the coup, the list of people involved in it, and the action plan. Fortunately, we've got a list of NIS agents involved in the plot before your arrival. It is possible that they were involved in the plot by others or without knowing the details, and for now, it is important to reveal the leadership of the coup plot, so we will not touch NIS agents involved in the plot for the time being."

"From now on, you have to help the NIS agents, who have been proven safe, with operations to uncover the leadership of the coup plot. You're not going to be put into a dangerous field operation. However, you have to gather sensitive information or contact our helper who infiltrated the coup plot forces, and sometimes join operations to help him. In particular, the operation of contacting our helper is something that only a trusted person should do, so only you can step up. For us, it hurts our pride, but for now, you, foreign agents, are the few people who are innocent from the coup plot. In other words, you are more reliable people than domestic agents."

Kim Ji-Hyuk handed Sora a document envelope with the seal 'confidential'.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"There should be a list in the envelope. The list is currently a list of dignitaries we can trust. The people on the list can trusted."

• Jeong Dohyung, Prime Minister
  • Park Joo Tae, Director of the NIS
  • Park Yohan, Chief Justice of the Supreme
  • Lee Hyeyul, Minister of Defense
  • Adrian Quaritch, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Staff
  • Yoon Joohee, Commander of the Defense Intelligence
  • Kang Daecheon, Commissioner General of Police Agency

Joseon
Gangwon-do Province
Wonsan city

Containers were unloaded from a container cargo ship that arrived at night. Cranes unloaded huge containers at ports or moved them into large trucks. These were commonplace in all large ports in Joseon, as well as Wonsan Port. No one finds such things strange, and there is no reason to doubt it.

Although the containers are inspected inside the port to prevent smuggling or drug trafficking, officials and staff in charge of container inspections at ports where thousands of containers travel every day do not conduct precise inspections of all containers. For them, container inspection is a tedious and routine task, and something strange comes into the container very rarely.

Of course, the staff opens the containers and inspects what's inside, But they don't unwrap an electronic goods box and look inside, or open the lid of a drink to test the reagent. This is especially true if the subject of inspection is familiar content in containers that enter the port at least once a week.

The staff in charge of the inspection of the container were waiting for only half an hour left on the shift. With little time left before work, the containers they were going to inspect belonged to a familiar company and the contents were familiar.

There was absolutely nothing for the staff to suspect. They opened the container as usual, took a rough look inside the container, and closed it again. Familiar boxes of imported goods were piled up inside the container. There was nothing strange about it.

When the staff let the truck through, the truck exited the port, and the truck soon left Wonsan City.

The staff at the port may not have known, but there was something different about the container on the truck. Containers that normally come only once a week came twice this week, the weight of the container was different than usual, the logo painted on the container was subtly different from the company's original logo, and what was contained in the boxes was not vehicle parts but numerous automatic firearms and ammunition.
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:12 pm

Park Joo Tae rushed into the Amenrian embassy, walking down the stone path leading up to the door himself asking for the ambassador. A guard promptly escorted him to a wooden door with a golden plate that read "CHOI ILSUNG - AMBASSADOR" in alphabet, hangul, and hanzi. The guard knocked once at the door, paused, then knocked twice again in rapid succession. "Come in", a man's voice said from behind it. The guard opened the door and bowed to Park Too Jae, before the Joseon man entered. Choi Ilsung smiled gently. "Ah, Director, how can I help you? Did you happen to see a spider on your way here?" "Spider...?" the Director asked, only to receive a nod in response. His eyebrows furled as he put one hand on his chin and looked downward, figuring it must be a code or some sort of password. Then, the video from earlier came to mind. "That's it, Tsuchigumo!" he thought to himself, eyes lighting up to the Ambassador giving him another nod, this time smiling understandingly before repeating his question. "Did you happen to see a spider on your way here?" The Director regained what little composure was lost in his discovery. "I did see a spider in the dirt on my way to my garage," he answered. The mention of the word "dirt" and "spider" was enough for the Ambassador to gesture to an abstract statue of a golden spider. "The spider has what you seek under it."

Director Park Tae Joon made his way to the statue and picked it up, finding a hidden compartment housing a chip. "That should help you find our team. It should be compatible with any device you have access to."

Green: spoken in Chinese
Maroon: spoken in Korean
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:02 pm

KINGDOM OF JOSEON

'Sora' took a look over the names in the document and then whispered quietly to her companion in the other seat with an inquisitive look on her bespectacled face. They conversed quietly about the options laid out before them for a minute or so before the man finally turned his eyes to Agent Kim.

'Nightrose'
Image | Image

"Helping your helper, is it? He has access to the leadership of the coup's plot?"

Nightrose quietly wondered how the NIS- that is, the part of it who remained loyal the government already in place- planned exactly to uncover the leadership plot. They may have been correct at least in their own specific case about external agencies being more reliable, but being foreigners also made them less able to interact with high-level officials- especially with very little preparation time. As Joseon was an ally, access to higher levels of its government wasn't very well established. Because the leadership of the coup was unknown, they had very few leads on where to even start at that level. That meant that their strongsuit would be exposing areas that might be more easily accessed immediately.

"If you're looking for an area we might be able to help, you might do well in cueing us in to potential areas of operations for these coup forces. Money laundering activities for funding, weapons smuggling and black market deals are a good place to start. We can't canvas every government official in Joseon, but if you're able to find a lead somehow, we might be able to better help in picking up the trail back towards someone."

Sora leaned in to speak up as well.

"My senior here is one of the best of our agency when it comes to covert and undercover operations. I blend in a little better.. for obvious reasons. Do you have any information.. or maybe, your contact might- on where we can start?"

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby McNernia » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:12 pm

Embassy of the Empire of Archinia
Kingdom of Joseon

The Embassy of Archinia loomed over one of the more remote districts. As a Santiago, and a Anti ICON member there was a diplomatic disfavour which was obvious, dealing with bad visa handling, was arguably the biggest crisis of the Embassy in the city of Seoul. The Ambassador was a functionary without much of the ambition which characterized the Foreign Service. Though being in ICON which had been identified as a Threat to the Federal Nations had the Kingdom of Joseon on a watchlist, and so Assets had to be cultivated.
There were various front firms which had connections to the Embassy and the SFR. Efforts to put various viruses into the odd corporate system of Joseon which would feed data to the associated CLC which handled the Cyber intelligence. Though that had changed with the debate over the Nifonese future. I.e could they be a reliable parter. The data which was gathered was suspended with the Ambassador lodging protest.

The Ambassador looked out at the passing streets of people. Such a lovely country but nominally a viable threat to the Empire. He had written the Foreign ministry, there was something in the works. Assets inside the NIS were talking it was not the chicken feed, it was something that was different. A cuit above the chicken feed when there didn’t need to be removal of assets, someone was moving.
Things were found about the Deputy Director with the man praising the Santiago Alliance at some more private receptions. People talked, assets heard. And there was a lot of the discussion around the Social Pillar foundation. The SFR was interested. Namely there had been a report. Reach out to the Social Pillar Foundation.

The Station Chief, Seoul Station was relatively small, with the SOEs that were operating. Mostly in the energy there was that. The Station chief was intrigued. This could be of benefit to SACTO if the coup wanted to play ball. Then again having ICON being a friend to the Empire there would be a lot that would be useful in that. The Station chief would send a letter via the Archinian Imperial Funds Group which was the largest entity in search of investment. And a part of the SFR front network. There would be a lot of things considered.

Cathcride, Archinia
Meeting of the National Security Executive
\

“A Coup?” The Prime Minister seemed incredulous, he looked at the SFRs director. The woman nodded, “At least a falling out within the NIS over something, there was a coup in the 70s but that failed, ICON is a major threat to the Santiago Alliance, Im surprised we are the first to hear about it.” Alexandra Dubh was competent, the woman had disposed of a suspect herself at least once, since the 2014 crsis and the out and out Liberals had been removed.

At least in the American context. The Social Progressivism which had been enacted had been to spite a lot of the Santiago Alliance, the Commoner Royal Guard had been detected. No public executions, a polite be on the next plane to Lutteinried or we will take action. There was a respect for the Commoners as Communism tended to get problematic.

Working with the Palmyrion had its benefits, wariness of them had its benefits. Joseon was a member of ICON, if they were to have an insurgency. The Prime Minister gestured with the cabinet looking at him. “Contact Joeseon Station, tell them the approach is good to go, if they are involved with a coup then we ought to keep them in mind.”

FROM: The Director for Joeseon Affairs of the Archinian Imperial Sovereign Wealth Group
TO: Social Pillar Foundation
SEC: STANDARD
SUB: Talks

We have heard a lot about you and your connections to the Joseon Government. In the interest of prosperity and peace there is a desire on our end to reach out and we wish to talk.
Eamon De Naarl
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:36 pm

Legatia wrote:
KINGDOM OF JOSEON

'Sora' took a look over the names in the document and then whispered quietly to her companion in the other seat with an inquisitive look on her bespectacled face. They conversed quietly about the options laid out before them for a minute or so before the man finally turned his eyes to Agent Kim.

(Image)
'Nightrose'
(Image) | (Image)

"Helping your helper, is it? He has access to the leadership of the coup's plot?"

Nightrose quietly wondered how the NIS- that is, the part of it who remained loyal the government already in place- planned exactly to uncover the leadership plot. They may have been correct at least in their own specific case about external agencies being more reliable, but being foreigners also made them less able to interact with high-level officials- especially with very little preparation time. As Joseon was an ally, access to higher levels of its government wasn't very well established. Because the leadership of the coup was unknown, they had very few leads on where to even start at that level. That meant that their strongsuit would be exposing areas that might be more easily accessed immediately.

"If you're looking for an area we might be able to help, you might do well in cueing us in to potential areas of operations for these coup forces. Money laundering activities for funding, weapons smuggling and black market deals are a good place to start. We can't canvas every government official in Joseon, but if you're able to find a lead somehow, we might be able to better help in picking up the trail back towards someone."

Sora leaned in to speak up as well.

"My senior here is one of the best of our agency when it comes to covert and undercover operations. I blend in a little better.. for obvious reasons. Do you have any information.. or maybe, your contact might- on where we can start?"

Just as Kim Ji-Hyuk was about to speak, Park Joo Tae's message arrived on Kim Ji-Hyuk's security cell phone.

- Vice Director is involved in the coup

Kim Ji-Hyuk was slightly surprised but soon regained his composure and began speaking to Sora and Nightrose.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"Based on the news that just came in, NIS' Vice Director On Soo-Chan appears to have been involved in the coup. I think we've found at least one key. If we monitor him, we will be able to identify the main players of the coup."

"Our helper who infiltrated the coup forces is not classified as a high-level person. But he acts as a kind of 'intermediate command tower' to command the action squad and because of this, there's quite a lot of information he has access to. Of course, he doesn't know all of the coup leadership. According to helper, there are very few people who have access to that information."

After learning about the Vice Director's involvement in the coup, Kim Ji-Hyuk's mind began to think of investigative methods that had not been remembered as if a blocked waterway had been breached. The Vice Director is certainly a valuable key. The key to unlocking the door to the vault containing the leadership of the coup forces.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"But we already know one of the leaders of the coup forces. If we monitor NIS' Vice Director and figure out what he's doing, it's only a matter of time before we reveal the leadership of the coup forces."

"To answer the question of where the coup forces can operate, there is a ghost company often used by Vice Director of NIS. There's a company called the Baek Ham Company, which is supposed to be trading, but actually operates within the autonomy of the Vice Director, laundering the funds needed for secret operations and buying goods overseas."

"It's actually a company managed by the Vice Director, but there is an accessible way to it. I think it's better to infiltrate the PCs of NIS agents involved in the conspiracy who work as 'employees' of the Baek Ham Company and try to get them access to the database of the Baek Ham Company or steal the information on the PC. Or try both."

Kim Ji-Hyuk entered an address somewhere in the vehicle's navigation system.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"Let's go to our operations headquarters first. Because NIS headquarters is dangerous, we set up an operational headquarters at the Defense Intelligence Command headquarters of the armed forces. At least it's a lot safer there than NIS headquarters."

A m e n r i a wrote:Park Joo Tae rushed into the Amenrian embassy, walking down the stone path leading up to the door himself asking for the ambassador. A guard promptly escorted him to a wooden door with a golden plate that read "CHOI ILSUNG - AMBASSADOR" in alphabet, hangul, and hanzi. The guard knocked once at the door, paused, then knocked twice again in rapid succession. "Come in", a man's voice said from behind it. The guard opened the door and bowed to Park Too Jae, before the Joseon man entered. Choi Ilsung smiled gently. "Ah, Director, how can I help you? Did you happen to see a spider on your way here?" "Spider...?" the Director asked, only to receive a nod in response. His eyebrows furled as he put one hand on his chin and looked downward, figuring it must be a code or some sort of password. Then, the video from earlier came to mind. "That's it, Tsuchigumo!" he thought to himself, eyes lighting up to the Ambassador giving him another nod, this time smiling understandingly before repeating his question. "Did you happen to see a spider on your way here?" The Director regained what little composure was lost in his discovery. "I did see a spider in the dirt on my way to my garage," he answered. The mention of the word "dirt" and "spider" was enough for the Ambassador to gesture to an abstract statue of a golden spider. "The spider has what you seek under it."

Director Park Tae Joon made his way to the statue and picked it up, finding a hidden compartment housing a chip. "That should help you find our team. It should be compatible with any device you have access to."

Park Joo Tae tried to plug the chip into his phone but stopped. This is because NIS internal regulations prohibit connecting external devices to the personal terminals of agents or high-level executives. But I couldn't afford to argue about that now. Park Joo Tae plugged the chip into his personal phone. This is not only because personal mobile phones do not have confidential information, but also because the USB terminals of secure mobile phones are blocked.

Park Joo Tae plugged the chip into his phone and waited for the message to arrive. Expecting Amenria's team to uncover the leadership of the coup forces and help extinguish the coup plot group.

McNernia wrote:Embassy of the Empire of Archinia
Kingdom of Joseon

The Embassy of Archinia loomed over one of the more remote districts. As a Santiago, and a Anti ICON member there was a diplomatic disfavour which was obvious, dealing with bad visa handling, was arguably the biggest crisis of the Embassy in the city of Seoul. The Ambassador was a functionary without much of the ambition which characterized the Foreign Service. Though being in ICON which had been identified as a Threat to the Federal Nations had the Kingdom of Joseon on a watchlist, and so Assets had to be cultivated.
There were various front firms which had connections to the Embassy and the SFR. Efforts to put various viruses into the odd corporate system of Joseon which would feed data to the associated CLC which handled the Cyber intelligence. Though that had changed with the debate over the Nifonese future. I.e could they be a reliable parter. The data which was gathered was suspended with the Ambassador lodging protest.

The Ambassador looked out at the passing streets of people. Such a lovely country but nominally a viable threat to the Empire. He had written the Foreign ministry, there was something in the works. Assets inside the NIS were talking it was not the chicken feed, it was something that was different. A cuit above the chicken feed when there didn’t need to be removal of assets, someone was moving.
Things were found about the Deputy Director with the man praising the Santiago Alliance at some more private receptions. People talked, assets heard. And there was a lot of the discussion around the Social Pillar foundation. The SFR was interested. Namely there had been a report. Reach out to the Social Pillar Foundation.

The Station Chief, Seoul Station was relatively small, with the SOEs that were operating. Mostly in the energy there was that. The Station chief was intrigued. This could be of benefit to SACTO if the coup wanted to play ball. Then again having ICON being a friend to the Empire there would be a lot that would be useful in that. The Station chief would send a letter via the Archinian Imperial Funds Group which was the largest entity in search of investment. And a part of the SFR front network. There would be a lot of things considered.

Cathcride, Archinia
Meeting of the National Security Executive
\

“A Coup?” The Prime Minister seemed incredulous, he looked at the SFRs director. The woman nodded, “At least a falling out within the NIS over something, there was a coup in the 70s but that failed, ICON is a major threat to the Santiago Alliance, Im surprised we are the first to hear about it.” Alexandra Dubh was competent, the woman had disposed of a suspect herself at least once, since the 2014 crsis and the out and out Liberals had been removed.

At least in the American context. The Social Progressivism which had been enacted had been to spite a lot of the Santiago Alliance, the Commoner Royal Guard had been detected. No public executions, a polite be on the next plane to Lutteinried or we will take action. There was a respect for the Commoners as Communism tended to get problematic.

Working with the Palmyrion had its benefits, wariness of them had its benefits. Joseon was a member of ICON, if they were to have an insurgency. The Prime Minister gestured with the cabinet looking at him. “Contact Joeseon Station, tell them the approach is good to go, if they are involved with a coup then we ought to keep them in mind.”

FROM: The Director for Joeseon Affairs of the Archinian Imperial Sovereign Wealth Group
TO: Social Pillar Foundation
SEC: STANDARD
SUB: Talks

We have heard a lot about you and your connections to the Joseon Government. In the interest of prosperity and peace there is a desire on our end to reach out and we wish to talk.
Eamon De Naarl

Jung Chung Ah looked at the panoramic view of Seoul after pouring wine into a glass. Jung Chung Ah imagined grabbing huge Seoul with her hands. She thinks that it will happen soon.

Someone knocked on the door.

Jung Chung Ah
"Come in."

It was her secretary who opened the door. The secretary was holding a piece of paper.

"Ms. Chairman, a message has arrived."

Jung Chung Ah
"Give it to me."

When the secretary handed the paper to Jung Chung Ah, Jung Chung Ah slowly began to read what was written on the paper.

The contents of the telegram were rather surprising.

Jung Chung Ah
"What is this? Are they approaching simply because of business? Or do they know something and approach me?"

"I don't know. But even if they knew something and approached it, they wouldn't have explicitly revealed it on the telegram."

Jung Chung Ah
"I'd better meet them for now. Let's go to the Archinian Imperial Sovereign Wealth Group right now. Get the car ready."
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:23 pm

Seoul
Defense Intelligence Command(DIC)

"Okay, Let's start. Coincidentally, all the people gathered here are women."

Minister of Defense Lee Hyeyul and Commander of Defense Intelligence Yoon Joohee met at the Defense Intelligence Command(DIC) to have a secret meeting separately. To help them, Mako Shiori, a lieutenant colonel of the Defense Intelligence Command, joined them.

Yoon Joohee
"General Adrian Quaritch says the number of units that can move without being detected by coup forces is limited. However, he said that special forces troops whose activities are inevitably secret can be mobilized at any time. Special Warfare Command units and the Navy's UDT forces are easier to mobilize."

"It's impossible to move military forces from the beginning. After approaching the center of the coup forces without being detected by them, you have to wipe out all the coup forces at once. You'll need military personnel then."

Yoon Joohee
"Military agents of the Defense Intelligence Command are ready to move at any time. Their careers are as good as NIS agents. There are quite a few agents who have worked in Syria, Iran, Libya, and Afghanistan."

Mako Shiori also helped Yoon Joohee.

Lieutenant colonel
Mako Shiori
"The number of DIC Black agents is large, and their capabilities are very good. They are second to NIS, at least in terms of ability."

Two intelligence agencies in Joseon are considered to have substantially strong power. One is NIS, and the other is DIC. Originally, the duties of the two agencies do not overlap, but in reality, the two agencies are performing similar duties. Sometimes NIS detects signs of rebellion within the military, and sometimes DIC steals information from overseas government agencies. These have been considered one of the inefficient aspects of Joseon's intelligence agencies, but now nothing has been more useful than this.

"My intelligence is that NIS's vice director is involved in coup forces. Gather the agents and put a watch on him. And start monitoring all the Internet in Joseon and all the Internet information going through Joseon by fully mobilizing the capabilities of the DIC. And we also need to collect personal data from NIS's vice director."

Yoon Joohee
"Shiori, how long do you think it will take to get all the internet information we need?"

Mako thought for a moment and said.

Lieutenant colonel
Mako Shiori
"If my calculations are correct, everything will be done within at least a week. Of course, we will continue to monitor the Internet after that."

Lee Hyeyul was satisfied with Mako's answer, but there was one catch.

"Does the DIC have access to all types of electronic devices connected to the Internet?"

Mako responded confidently to Lee Hyeyul's words.

Lieutenant colonel
Mako Shiori
"Some electronics manufacturers argue that it is impossible to plant backdoor or decrypt their products. But at least we can break through their defenses regardless of any product."
고요한 아침의 나라

McNernia
Negotiator

Postby McNernia » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:50 pm

Offices of the Joseon Division of the Imperial Sovereign Wealth Group
Seoul, Joseon

The Offices of the Archinian SoE which was involved with the SFR though to the extent that it was known was not the most major thing. Information gathered by the SFR was involved in deals such as the building of the information on investments in other countries enterprises. The SFR was operating in the shadow of this as well as Archinian Energy Group. The second one often could count on SFR arranged PMCs and such.
The Case officer assigned to the meeting with the representative of the Social Pillar foundation had the distinction of a day job as the secretary for the man who had written the Telegram who just so happened to be the Station chief running day as a senior member of the Joseon divisions board that handled the latest investments for the Archinian and other state governments.

The office was well appointed with the portrait of Eamon VII on the wall showing the allegiance. The man was interested and quiet. The Asiatic man who escorted the woman and her assistant in from the car was quiet. “I have brought them Mr Director” The man nodded rising from his desk with the shaking of hands. “I am Searales.” His name was Searales Callgan and the duty he had was a Station Chief, the chief spy in the country. Running a day job was quite interesting, perhaps more interesting than the issue of being a spy. But well this was definitely interesting.

“Why don’t you tell me and my assistant Kong about what exactly the social Pillar foundation does? Rest well assured that we have read a lot of things that your organization has put out. But well we have a relationship with the security establishment and I do believe they have mentioned you in a lot of memos they send our way, not all of it praise.”

No doubt there would be materials which were put out and the Archinians would be able to gather them up with the situation developing no doubt. The Station Chief had wondered if perhaps the Social Pillar Foundation was doing something against the Government with the pieces already in motion. Perhaps they would notice the Deputy Director in the receptions at the Social Pillar Foundation representing the Embassy on those rare occasions the Santiago member state had been invited to the Social season.

The Archinians would be moving around within the NIS with the intent of getting a meeting with the deputy Director as he and the Social Pillar Foundation had come up. Perhaps the sloppiness was the man reaching out? Tails would be put on the Tails and there would be watching and waiting.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Lore change?

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:33 pm

McNernia wrote:Offices of the Joseon Division of the Imperial Sovereign Wealth Group
Seoul, Joseon

The Offices of the Archinian SoE which was involved with the SFR though to the extent that it was known was not the most major thing. Information gathered by the SFR was involved in deals such as the building of the information on investments in other countries enterprises. The SFR was operating in the shadow of this as well as Archinian Energy Group. The second one often could count on SFR arranged PMCs and such.
The Case officer assigned to the meeting with the representative of the Social Pillar foundation had the distinction of a day job as the secretary for the man who had written the Telegram who just so happened to be the Station chief running day as a senior member of the Joseon divisions board that handled the latest investments for the Archinian and other state governments.

The office was well appointed with the portrait of Eamon VII on the wall showing the allegiance. The man was interested and quiet. The Asiatic man who escorted the woman and her assistant in from the car was quiet. “I have brought them Mr Director” The man nodded rising from his desk with the shaking of hands. “I am Searales.” His name was Searales Callgan and the duty he had was a Station Chief, the chief spy in the country. Running a day job was quite interesting, perhaps more interesting than the issue of being a spy. But well this was definitely interesting.

“Why don’t you tell me and my assistant Kong about what exactly the social Pillar foundation does? Rest well assured that we have read a lot of things that your organization has put out. But well we have a relationship with the security establishment and I do believe they have mentioned you in a lot of memos they send our way, not all of it praise.”

No doubt there would be materials which were put out and the Archinians would be able to gather them up with the situation developing no doubt. The Station Chief had wondered if perhaps the Social Pillar Foundation was doing something against the Government with the pieces already in motion. Perhaps they would notice the Deputy Director in the receptions at the Social Pillar Foundation representing the Embassy on those rare occasions the Santiago member state had been invited to the Social season.

The Archinians would be moving around within the NIS with the intent of getting a meeting with the deputy Director as he and the Social Pillar Foundation had come up. Perhaps the sloppiness was the man reaching out? Tails would be put on the Tails and there would be watching and waiting.

Interesting. Jung Chung Ah thought. The Archinian spoke as if he knew everything. Even if Jung Chung Ah avoided answering here, Searales was sure to keep asking for answers.

Jung Chung Ah
"There are two answers I can give you. One answer is predictable and everyone can know, and the other is an answer to what's going on under the surface of the other is an answer to what's going on. Perhaps you want the latter."

Jung Chung Ah decided to hold the man's sloppy outstretched hand. She sat on a chair in the office and continued to speak.

Jung Chung Ah
"At the moment, I and some high-level officials are working on some sort of plan. So........the current political system is inefficient because it cares about the needs of the people, and policy decisions are often delayed due to confrontation and antagonism between political parties. I and some high-level officials are looking at this situation with pity and are thinking of alternatives to address it."

It was wrapped up in specious words, but in the end, there was no such thing as a cause for those involved in the coup plot, including Jung Chung Ah. The aim is to take power and take care of their interests as much as possible.

Jung Chung Ah
"If you wanted an answer like this, you called me out for some purpose in this. Then it's time to hear from you. What do you want?"

Seoul
National Police Agency

The two police officers gathered in Kang Daecheon's office and stood still at a standstill, waiting for Kang Daecheon to speak. Because it was a sudden and secret call, the two officers were nervous and their hands began to sweat.

Kang Daecheon
"I'll get to the point first. A coup plan is currently in place within the government to topple the legally elected current government and establish an illegal government."

At first, the two policemen looked at Kang Daecheon, blinking, as if they did not understand what they were listening to.

Kang Daecheon
"A coup plan exists within the government. But I didn't know who was involved, so I had to call you on this mission."

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"But I understand that it is not our responsibility to investigate the coup. Of course, a coup should indeed be prevented, but.........is it pre-consulted with NIS?"

Yoon Jisoo began to ask questions as if things were understood little by little.

Kang Daecheon
"NIS can't be trusted at the moment either. For now, the NIS's vice director is involved in the coup plan. That's why you guys have to step up. You must pick a few reliable men and respond to this incident."

Police Lieutenant
Lee Dongbaek
"But we don't have much information yet. Should we monitor NIS's vice director?"

Kang Daecheon
"Do it if you need it. But a coup is not something that can be done quietly without a trace. I'm sure there will be traces. You have to find it and identify all the dignitaries involved in the coup."

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"All right, sir."

A truck entered the toll gate on the highway. Since the toll gate had separate entrances for general vehicles and trucks, trucks had to enter through the truck entrance.

Because the current law prohibits overloading of trucks, sensors that can detect the weight of trucks are attached to the road surface at the entrance for trucks. If the sensor detects that the weight of the truck is excessive, the barrier gate blocks the truck, and an official waiting at the office next to the toll gate imposes a fine on the truck driver.

It seemed like something like that was happening that day too. As soon as the truck's wheel touched the sensor, the barrier gate activated and the truck had no choice but to stop.

When the truck stopped, a civil servant walked out of the office with an annoyed expression on his face. The official approached the driver's seat of the truck and knocked on the window.

The driver beyond the window was a man, neither too old nor too young. Although he was a seemingly ordinary man, he had a scar near his left eye.

"Hey. I think your lorry is too heavy.”

The driver responded to the official's words with an annoyed expression.

“Please give me the fine notice quickly. I have a long way to go.”

The official looked alternately at the driver and the cargo hold for a moment. He agonized for a moment and pointed to the cargo hold.

“Can I take a look at the cargo hold?”

The official's words were unexpected by the driver. The driver shook his head a little embarrassed, erasing his expression of irritation.

"That won't do. I'll just pay the fine."

But the official was adamant. He kept pointing his finger at the cargo hold.

"Let's see the cargo hold, Now."

The driver reluctantly got out of the driver's seat and approached the cargo compartment. The official followed the driver and watched as he opened the door to the cargo hold.

“I don’t want to do this either. I'm sorry. It is what it is. Don’t blame me too much.”

The driver's comment was rather out of the blue.

"What do you mean?"

But the official could not get an answer. This is because the driver took a pistol with a silencer from his clothes pocket and shot the official's head.

At the moment the driver put the pistol back in his pocket and hurriedly ran to the driver's seat, a woman's scream was heard from the office.

Another official was screaming after seeing the body of a fellow official lying on the road.

The driver pulled out his pistol again and tried to shoot the woman, but as more people began to come out of the office, he got into the driver's seat and drove a truck.

The truck smashed into the barrier gate and entered the highway. After entering the highway, the truck began to run significantly above the speed limit.

An emergency report was received at the local police station about a minute after the truck entered the highway. The police immediately checked the CCTV installed on the highway and began tracking down the truck. A police helicopter took off from a nearby airport, and several police cars rushed to the highway.

"The suspect is armed with a firearm and is extremely dangerous. Be careful, everyone."

In Joseon, where gun accidents are usually extremely rare, a murder case using a handgun was a serious and dangerous affair. Not only the local police, but also the police in other areas and the police in Seoul were told about the gun incident, and the media soon learned about it.

And the news flowed to the Prime Minister's Office and ministers.
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

McNernia
Negotiator

Postby McNernia » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Seoul
Empire of Joseon
OFFICES OF THE SFR

The Station chief took a slow breath. “I am an officer of the Archinian Security Establishment, the Foreign Division also known as the SFR or in English Secret Intelligence Service. Let me say that your, intentions are impressive and I can understand where they are coming from, Archinia as you know is a signatory of the Santiago Anti Communist Treaty Organization. While we are Liberals, our foray into the more liberal actions have put us in bad spot economically. Needless to say our economists at home are looking for joint venture abroad with Governments that are more inclined to work with Santiago States.” He paused.

“ICON has become a problem and it is our understanding that the Empire of Joseon has a prominent role within the Alliance, were that to Change with a Social Pillar Backed government then I do believe that we can provide resources to those who are working with you providing that you do have people. If not we can provide people and resources to ensure that things go smoothly. The Deputy Director has been interesting. I will say that much.”
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:07 pm

McNernia wrote:Seoul
Empire of Joseon
OFFICES OF THE SFR

The Station chief took a slow breath. “I am an officer of the Archinian Security Establishment, the Foreign Division also known as the SFR or in English Secret Intelligence Service. Let me say that your, intentions are impressive and I can understand where they are coming from, Archinia as you know is a signatory of the Santiago Anti Communist Treaty Organization. While we are Liberals, our foray into the more liberal actions have put us in bad spot economically. Needless to say our economists at home are looking for joint venture abroad with Governments that are more inclined to work with Santiago States.” He paused.

“ICON has become a problem and it is our understanding that the Empire of Joseon has a prominent role within the Alliance, were that to Change with a Social Pillar Backed government then I do believe that we can provide resources to those who are working with you providing that you do have people. If not we can provide people and resources to ensure that things go smoothly. The Deputy Director has been interesting. I will say that much.”

What they suggested was simple. Archinia provides the resources needed for the coup, and in return, Jung Chung Ah is to modify Joseon's foreign policy as they wish.

That's not a bad deal. Jung Chung Ah thought.

Jung Chung Ah said while making eye contact with the Station chief.

Jung Chung Ah
"I see what you want. Then I'll accept the deal. Please help us with our work instead. Shouldn't the government change first to modify Joseon's foreign policy?"

Jung Chung Ah thought she could control Joseon after the coup. Deputy Prime Minister Heo Joonghyuk was greedy and smart, but not a very meticulous figure. Jung Chung Ah was confident that if Heo Joonghyuk became prime minister, she would have her way.

"We have captured the suspect's vehicle. We will surround him."

Police vehicles began to encircle the suspect's truck as police helicopters tracked the suspect's vehicle in the air. The truck tried to speed up, but police vehicles had already begun to surround the truck.

"Because the suspect's truck is large, police vehicles are likely to be dangerous in the event of a collision. We will neutralize the truck."

The helicopter adjusted the flight speed to match the speed of the truck. Moments later, the door of the helicopter opened and the sniper pointed a sniper rifle at the truck.

The front wheels of the truck exploded and the truck slowed down. Eventually, the truck stopped in the middle of the highway. Then police vehicles immediately surrounded the truck.

"Put your hands up and surrender! You are already under siege!"

Officers running out of police vehicles pointed their pistols and waited for the suspect to get out of the truck. But the suspect opened the truck door and fired a pistol at the officers, trying to cross into the other lane.

-Pang

The suspect failed to cross into the opposite lane. The suspect fell on the spot and dropped his pistol by a bullet fired by a police officer.

The suspect did not die, but blood flowed from the wound on his leg. The police officers surrounded him and arrested him.

"We arrest you for murder and possession of illegal weapons. You can get a lawyer........"

In the meantime, another police officer opened the door of the truck's cargo hold and tried to check the contents inside. But the moment he opened the door of the cargo hold, he was forced to freak out.

A variety of weapons were carried in the cargo hold, including numerous automatic rifles, cartons of ammunition, machine guns, and rocket launchers that were tied together.

The news that the suspect in the gun murder case was arrested and that his truck was loaded with several firearms and heavy weapons spread throughout Joseon through the media. Shocking news headlines plastered the websites and newspapers of all media companies, and warnings were issued to police to watch out for similar incidents.

Since it is uncommon to smuggle firearms in large quantities, and smuggling many weapons often has terrorist purposes, information on the incident has also flowed to NIS and DIC.
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

McNernia
Negotiator

Postby McNernia » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:53 pm

The Offices of the SFR
Seoul, Joseon

The Station Chief nodded, the man knew that she would be something useful. The idea of a change in government would be something that could work. “I would think the lower the body count the better but you know the situation, any assistance in furthering our understanding of the political sitituation would be most welcome, and of course your plans on the issue would be good to know.”

Kongs phone rang he looked to his employer who nodded before turning back to the woman and her assistant as the trusted second was called to the field. He had a text which outlined the situation. The Police had intercepted arms, possibly for a coup de Etat if there was anything for the Archinians it was that there were people that were quite idealistic. Kong sent a message to the Station chief who turned to the young woman. “A shipment of assault weapons was intercepted, I suppose we shall have to work on ensuring that arms can get to your people.”

The Archinians had arsenals to finance gurellias and militas with the intent of accomplishing their interests. They were interested in this coup as the Empire of Joseon could be turned into an asset. No doubt they would have to move fast.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:45 pm

McNernia wrote:The Offices of the SFR
Seoul, Joseon

The Station Chief nodded, the man knew that she would be something useful. The idea of a change in government would be something that could work. “I would think the lower the body count the better but you know the situation, any assistance in furthering our understanding of the political sitituation would be most welcome, and of course your plans on the issue would be good to know.”

Kongs phone rang he looked to his employer who nodded before turning back to the woman and her assistant as the trusted second was called to the field. He had a text which outlined the situation. The Police had intercepted arms, possibly for a coup de Etat if there was anything for the Archinians it was that there were people that were quite idealistic. Kong sent a message to the Station chief who turned to the young woman. “A shipment of assault weapons was intercepted, I suppose we shall have to work on ensuring that arms can get to your people.”

The Archinians had arsenals to finance gurellias and militas with the intent of accomplishing their interests. They were interested in this coup as the Empire of Joseon could be turned into an asset. No doubt they would have to move fast.

Seoul
The Offices of the SFR

Jung Chung Ah
"All right, then, procure the weapons as soon as possible. You have to transport your weapons to the IL Sung Company. That's the Shell Company we run. It would be nice to get weapons from you guys. And please supply mercenaries if possible. Our plans require a lot of manpower."

Jung Chung Ah thought it would be better to keep the connection with the Archinians just in case. Even if the plan was revised, Jung Chung Ah intended to continue receiving weapons from the Archinians.

Jung Chung Ah had no intention of living under Heo Joonghyuk. She had a greater ambition. Jung Chung Ah was the only one who knew about the identity of the IL Sung Company. In other words, all weapons and troops entering there will be able to be controlled by Jung Chung Ah.

Jung Chung Ah reached out to The Station Chief and asked for a handshake.

Jung Chung Ah
"I hope you take my suggestion positively."

Seoul
Jongno

Park Yohan chose a restaurant in Jongno as the meeting place. This is because the restaurant is equipped with various eavesdropping systems, including windows that generate vibrations in irregular patterns, making it impossible to eavesdrop on conversations.

Park Yohan booked the most secure room in the restaurant and waited for someone. Not long after he entered the restaurant, a woman and a man came into the room.

Senior Prosecutor
Jeon Mi-Ra
"It's been a while. Yohan."

Jeon Mi-Ra is a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' Office. She is also the best-performing prosecutor in the Anti-Corruption Investigation Department, where only the elite in the prosecution gathered, and she is also a person with a wide network within the prosecution. At the same time, she is also from Park Yohan's high school junior.

Private Law Firm Lawyer
Song Joo-Hyung
"I don't know how you've been since I saw you last time. Sir."

Song Joo-Hyung is a lawyer for the largest private law firm in Joseon. His high success rate in litigation and his illustrious career in law firms are already well known in the legal world, but in fact his most important specialty lies in his ability to gather information. Song Joo-Hyung gathers information by mobilizing people from all walks of life whom he has hired privately or who have received help from Song Joo-Hyung, and sometimes he comes forward to collect it himself.

Park Yohan
"It's nice to meet you all. Let's get down to the business before the food comes out."

Park Yohan told Jeon Mi-Ra and Song Joo-Hyung about the coup plan. The fact that the Deputy Director of NIS and Deputy Prime Minister were involved in the coup, and many other dignitaries were involved in the scheme, etc.

Senior Prosecutor
Jeon Mi-Ra
"That's pretty serious. Trying to evict a legitimately elected government and establish an illegitimate one is shaking everything in this country."

Private Law Firm Lawyer
Song Joo-Hyung
"And the NIS and other government agencies are in an incredible situation. I don't know who was involved in the coup plan."

Park Yohan nodded.

Park Yohan
"That's right. That's why I called you guys. As of now, the only people I can trust are you guys. There is something you have to do to prevent a coup."

Park Yohan explained the plan.

Senior Prosecutor
Jeon Mi-Ra
"I hope it goes according to plan, but what if they don't move according to our plan?"

Park Yohan
"Don't worry. Everyone has a loophole, everyone has a desire for what they want. I just take advantage of it."
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:20 pm

As soon as the chip was connected to a phone, it would install an application that when opened, would detect spacetime anomalies. When he did, the Director would see a green glow on the outskirts of town, specifically near an abandoned apartment complex.

Somewhere in the Outskirts of Seoul, Joseon's universe

A hooded figure can be seen crouching in front of a flower in what used to be a garden, now overgrown and littered with rusty benches and lights, gently stroking it and humming cheerfully. From the sound of her voice, it was clear that this figure was a woman. As soon as someone approached her and made their presence known, she would turn around and jump in shock. "Ya! You scared the shit outta me! Whaddaya want? Can't a girl look for spiders in peace?" Even with the dim lights one could see the features in her rounded face. She couldn't have been older than 17, and her purple, shoulder-length hair framed her soft features, which contradicted her harsh expression. "Well?'

[color#0080FF]Blue: spoken in Korean[/color]

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:59 pm

KINGDOM OF JOSEON
Inner city streets, Seoul, Joseon
05:35 AM, 9 August 2023

The AIS agents shared a glance between eachother as an extremely timely reveal was made to them. The Vice Director of the National Intelligence Service was involved. That was a relatively major lead, and without a lot of footwork. Sora certainly seemed the most impressed, though Nightrose did not offer any inclination as to how he might feel. He kept his cards close to his chest as always, life as the big game of poker it was. It was simply instinct, trained behaviors that kept agents like him alive, and able to do their jobs.

Agent Kim floated the idea of hacking personal computers who belonged to employees of a company owned by said vice director, Baek Ham. Nightrose slid a small notebook from within his jacket and began to write rapidfire upon it.

'Nightrose'
Image | Image

"A good start. A more obvious answer would be getting agents to start developing a profile on this Vice Director of yours. We don't have many in Joseon, a handful at best- but we can set them to task. I'll have it handled through my own handler."

It didn't take high-level spies to trail a public figure from a distance- rather, this was how many of the greats got their starts. Observing him, gaining access to his phonecalls, understanding his schedules and habits. His vices, his virtues, his oddities and quirks, beginning to understand how the Vice Director lived his life- would give them both information to further exploit him, and expose possible leverage should it need to be levied against him. Nightrose could only imagine what the canvasing might turn up, but regardless of the skill level, it was a labor of time and effort, a bridge built not in one day. What made him raise an eyebrow was the establishment of a rather prominent center of command.

"Quite the public place to run this operation from. It might not be a bad idea to hold your discussions in.. much lower profile places, never the same place twice, and change your methods of communication regularly. If these coup forces get a bead that an effort to undermine them is taking place in a centralized location, they'll have all the impetus they need to strike."

But for a start, or even just for the first scant few times, it would likely be necessary- especially if the AIS agents were to directly interface with the loyalist Joseon counterparts.

"Take us there."

"Already on it."

The car made a left turn towards the DIC building, deeper within the heart of Seoul. Nightrose glanced listlessly from the car's window, observing the citizenry walking the sidewalks move about their life. It was always the same, or similar, no matter where he went- legions of common people totally unaware at the burbling chaos just beneath their feet.

It was their job to make sure that illusion of peace never shattered. As in the streets of Port Sistine, so too here in Seoul.

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:47 am

Legatia wrote:
KINGDOM OF JOSEON
Inner city streets, Seoul, Joseon
05:35 AM, 9 August 2023

The AIS agents shared a glance between eachother as an extremely timely reveal was made to them. The Vice Director of the National Intelligence Service was involved. That was a relatively major lead, and without a lot of footwork. Sora certainly seemed the most impressed, though Nightrose did not offer any inclination as to how he might feel. He kept his cards close to his chest as always, life as the big game of poker it was. It was simply instinct, trained behaviors that kept agents like him alive, and able to do their jobs.

Agent Kim floated the idea of hacking personal computers who belonged to employees of a company owned by said vice director, Baek Ham. Nightrose slid a small notebook from within his jacket and began to write rapidfire upon it.

(Image)
'Nightrose'
(Image) | (Image)

"A good start. A more obvious answer would be getting agents to start developing a profile on this Vice Director of yours. We don't have many in Joseon, a handful at best- but we can set them to task. I'll have it handled through my own handler."

It didn't take high-level spies to trail a public figure from a distance- rather, this was how many of the greats got their starts. Observing him, gaining access to his phonecalls, understanding his schedules and habits. His vices, his virtues, his oddities and quirks, beginning to understand how the Vice Director lived his life- would give them both information to further exploit him, and expose possible leverage should it need to be levied against him. Nightrose could only imagine what the canvasing might turn up, but regardless of the skill level, it was a labor of time and effort, a bridge built not in one day. What made him raise an eyebrow was the establishment of a rather prominent center of command.

"Quite the public place to run this operation from. It might not be a bad idea to hold your discussions in.. much lower profile places, never the same place twice, and change your methods of communication regularly. If these coup forces get a bead that an effort to undermine them is taking place in a centralized location, they'll have all the impetus they need to strike."

But for a start, or even just for the first scant few times, it would likely be necessary- especially if the AIS agents were to directly interface with the loyalist Joseon counterparts.

"Take us there."

"Already on it."

The car made a left turn towards the DIC building, deeper within the heart of Seoul. Nightrose glanced listlessly from the car's window, observing the citizenry walking the sidewalks move about their life. It was always the same, or similar, no matter where he went- legions of common people totally unaware at the burbling chaos just beneath their feet.

It was their job to make sure that illusion of peace never shattered. As in the streets of Port Sistine, so too here in Seoul.

Joseon
Seoul

Nightrose was right. The DIC headquarters is a place with strict security, but at the same time, the enemy is aware of the location and role of the DIC headquarters. Naturally, the coup group will also be watching the DIC headquarters, which will make it more likely to be detected.

The DIC headquarters is an easy place to be protected, but it has been too public. In secret operations, this is bound to be a weakness.

Kim Ji-Hyuk thought he should suggest this to Director Park Joo Tae later. The command center should have gone unnoticed. For example, camouflage companies and factories in rural areas. A ship floating in the sea was also one of the good candidates.

As the vehicle entered the DIC headquarters building, an army soldier guarding the main gate approached the vehicle. The DIC headquarters is located in the middle of the city, but is guarded by soldiers because it is nominally a military unit.

"Your ID card, Please."

While the soldier was checking his ID, the other soldier began looking at the trunk of the vehicle with an X-ray fluoroscopy device.

Kim Ji-Hyuk showed his ID to the soldier and pointed to the back seat.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"Did General Yoon Joohee tell you about the people who came here with me?"

The soldier checked Kim Ji-Hyuk's ID and nodded.

"Yes, General Yoon Joohee said that you and your companions are allowed in."

When the soldier gestured, the other soldiers behind cleared the barricade and opened the barrier gate. Kim Ji-Hyuk nodded and greeted the soldier.

After entering the DIC building, the vehicle entered the underground parking lot. To get to the underground parking lot, the vehicle passed the barrier gate once more, which recognizes the registered license plate.

The underground parking lot was similar to the underground parking lot of a typical high-rise building. Everything was the same, from vehicles parked on monotonous gray walls, to the artificial scent of air conditioners surrounding the entire parking lot and the bleakness.

As the vehicle stopped, Kim Ji-Hyuk got out of the vehicle and took the lead to guide Sora and Nightrose.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"Follow me. Just to remind you in advance, you are nominally here on the issue of exchange and cooperation between allies' intelligence agencies. This is to maintain security. The people inside will not find you strange."

Two soldiers were guarding the elevator. Unlike the soldiers at the main gate, who were fully armed with rifles and body armor, they were light-clad and only had handguns.

The soldiers saluted and stepped aside as Kim Ji-Hyuk showed them his ID.

When the elevator's door opened, Kim Ji-Hyuk guided the two AIS agents to the elevator and brought his ID to a device on the wall. After a while, when a cheerful sound sounded and when the buttons displaying each floor of the building lit up, he pressed the button.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"As you were concerned, I don't think it would be good to stay here for a long time and carry out the operation. A new command center will be set up as early as today or tomorrow at the latest."

-27th floor.

When the elevator stopped and the door opened, a short corridor appeared. There was no one in the corridor and there was only a sense of silence.

The walls of the corridor were made of soft material. The floor seemed to be made of ordinary tiles, but irregular and fine vibrations were occurring on the walls and floors.

There was only one door located at the end of the corridor. Kim Ji-Hyuk led the way across the corridor to the door.

Kim Ji-Hyuk knocked and opened the door.

There was a woman in a military uniform in the room.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"She's General Yoon Joohee, the commander of DIC. Before she came here, she served as an ambassador to ICON."

A woman in a military uniform bowed her head slightly.

Commander of the Defense Intelligence Command
Yoon Joohee
"Nice to meet you. I'm General Yoon Joohee and I'm the commander of DIC. I don't have time, so I'll get to the point. Let's first explain our ultimate goal. The major figures involved in the coup are believed to be in various parts of the government. But we haven't identified anyone other than NIS Vice Director."

"We need to get a list of government figures involved in the coup plan. Not one person should be missed. Once we have a list of government figures involved in the coup plan, then we will arrest all those involved in the coup at once. If you make separate arrests one by one, the rest are likely to hide or destroy evidence, so all suspects should be arrested at a time."

"We already have sufficient evidence, including testimony from those involved, regarding the existence of a coup plan. The important thing for us is to identify all the dignitaries involved. Once we find out who they are, all that remains is to arrest them all."

When Yoon Joohee finished speaking, Kim Ji-Hyuk spoke carefully.

Kim Ji-Hyuk
"As one of the AIS agents pointed out, it's dangerous to use this as a command center. I think it would be good to designate another place as a command center and change the command center from time to time."

Yoon Joohee nodded.

Yoon Joohee
"I'll find a secret place to use as soon as possible. And I'll also notify Director Park Joo Tae."

Yoon Joohee finished talking and pulled a file out of the file cabinet.

Yoon Joohee
"It's a file that contains the career, growth process, and personal information of NIS Vice Director On Soo-Chan. He's the only government figure involved in a coup we've ever found. At least as far as we know."

Summary:
On Soo-Chan was born into an ordinary family and grew up with a very fine school life. There was nothing special about his military service record. Even after joining NIS, there seemed to be nothing special about his career, but he became a high-profile figure within NIS after On Soo-Chan played a big role in the operation to overthrow Kyrgyzstan's anti-Western government. He instigated a coup against the government of Kyrgyzstan and eventually toppled the then government of Kyrgyzstan.

After that, On Soo-Chan returned to Joseon and was in charge of domestic affairs. And he was involved in the Internet public opinion manipulation process committed by the administration in the past.

The fact that On Soo-Chan was involved in public opinion manipulation was classified as confidential, so On Soo-Chan could not be arrested even in the process of arresting former administration figures. Until now, this fact has been classified as confidential.

[quote="A m e n r i a";p="41008904"]As soon as the chip was connected to a phone, it would install an application that when opened, would detect spacetime anomalies. When he did, the Director would see a green glow on the outskirts of town, specifically near an abandoned apartment complex.

Somewhere in the Outskirts of Seoul, Joseon's universe

A hooded figure can be seen crouching in front of a flower in what used to be a garden, now overgrown and littered with rusty benches and lights, gently stroking it and humming cheerfully. From the sound of her voice, it was clear that this figure was a woman. As soon as someone approached her and made their presence known, she would turn around and jump in shock. "Ya! You scared the shit outta me! Whaddaya want? Can't a girl look for spiders in peace?" Even with the dim lights one could see the features in her rounded face. She couldn't have been older than 17, and her purple, shoulder-length hair framed her soft features, which contradicted her harsh expression. "Well?'

Joseon
Outskirts of Seoul

Director Park Joo Tae was a little embarrassed. So they sent the girl as an agent. It's the same in Joseon that young people can get promoted quickly if they are good at it........But this girl looked too young.

But there must be a reason why they sent this girl. Park Joo Tae knows well that you shouldn't judge a person by their appearance.

Park Joo Tae
"I'm sorry to surprise you. Are you the one sent by Tsuchigumo? Nice to meet you."

"The Kirigakure Network offered to help us with the crisis we're facing now. A plot is underway within our government to overthrow the current government. We do not know who participated in the plot or what they are for. So I was forced to ask for your help."

"At the moment, from our understanding, the deputy director of NIS is involved in the coup plan. All we have to do is track him down or use him to find out all the rest of the people involved in the coup. Once we find out who they are, we will arrest them all."
고요한 아침의 나라

Legatia
Minister

Postby Legatia » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:13 pm

KINGDOM OF JOSEON
09:45 AM, 9 August 2023

As the delegation made their way into Joseon's Defense Intelligence Headquarters, Nightrose and Sora traded quiet and thoughtful glances. Nobody beyond this agent could possibly know they were in country- yet, at least, so the location was relatively safe. Guarded by uniformed soldiers and sentries, this was a location whose operatives likely did not often handle internal security- at least, that was their guess. Defense intelligence in democratic countries rarely looked inwards. Both Meridonian agents were 'civilian', in the loosest sense of the word- they could only wonder how Joseon's military counterparts operated.

They passed through parking garage, giving simple nods in reply to Agent Kim's directions as they moved. Nightrose nodded approvingly as he mentioned a rapid relocation, and Sora teetered idly- perhaps a bit nervously- as the elevator moved them over two dozen floors upwards, underlining the enormity of this building. For how small of a landmass comparatively it was, it took her a bit of cognition to process how many more people Joseon had in their country- near double to Meridon.

Sora tried her best to hide it, but Nightrose, and perhaps their Korean counterpart could certainly notice her nervousness as they moved through increasingly bare halls. She did not have the wealth of experience Nightrose did, for certain, and her specialty was in blending in rather than it was sticking out. No doubt, she was high on adrenaline and doing her best to keep it concealed, trying to limit her gives to a steely forward gaze and a tensing and releasing of her left hand as they entered the DIC general's office. Nightrose recognized her as a significant enough figure beforehand, Sora did not.

'Nightrose'
Image | Image

"The pleasure is ours, General Yoon."

Nightrose spoke for the both of them, Sora falling relatively quiet for the time being. He let her and Agent Kim speak about their known contact, the National Intelligence Service's vice director. Nightrose accepted the file and tilted it so that Sora might get a chance to read some of it as well, though her grasp of the document was limited by her distance to it and Nightrose's very fast reading comprehension skills. His eyes moved over the words like a laser scanner, rapidly taking them into account as he began formulating opportunities, ideas, solutions to work with the information they had received. The thought 'they work fast' flickered through his mind- it had been some thirty minutes since Kim had the call and a translated dossier file was in their hands. Maybe this had been in the works for a while.. who knew.

"Nothing special, no particulars, involved in prior unsavory actions with a past administration. All of this indicates the fact that he's likely to have some less high-profile dealings elsewhere- reputable or otherwise. An official of this caliber doesn't get far with unremarkable service. He's either got friends in high places- unlikely with his station of birth- or he has under-the table work that's being done."

Nightrose closed the manila folder and offered it to Sora, crossing his arms before him as he continued. Sora went through the document at her own pace besides them.

"If you want my advice, you'd be well advised turning this one against his fellows. Find something you can leverage against him and make him spill. There's skeletons in his closet- you just need to figure out where the bones came from."

McNernia
Negotiator

Postby McNernia » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:36 pm

Seoul,Joseon
Offices of the SFR

The Station Chief shook hands with the woman pleasantries and information were exchanged on the way out. Kong seemed rather wary though. His old partner who was Ops leader of the Seoul Station looked his employer square in the face. “We need to be wary of Ginists, the man has allied abroad and if Kojiro goes in Nifon we will find ourselves facing all kind of problems if the man does.”

“We don’t know that, they seem like they are willing to work with us. You know that the bastards tend to have their plates full with the Eulabians at home and well here in Esvanovia let us endevour to keep our ally safe from a major threat.

Cathcride,Archinia
Meeting of the Fóram Eidhneán

Óstán Ilchríochach was one of the more beautiful buildings which loomed about the city. A larger structure which was more like one of the Palaces which housed the Imperial Family. Ugseal Calgoreach wanted to meet someone. Not a mistress but a foreign Ambassador who wanted to discuss the issue. The Ambassador for the Empire of Saerun one of the numerous Korean diaspora states. Run by the Ryeon Dynasty its administration had provided extensive cultural insight on the Joseon Empire. The Emperor of that Empire had spoken with his PM on the issue of ICON and the Federal Nations.

The Ostan Ilchriochach was beautiful to behold, the eagles and the lions were a nice touch. The PM sat ensconced in a private suite as the Ambassador was delivered by Motorcade. Ambassador Kan Seon looked at the doorman and nodded, followed by a close aid and a officer of the Imperial Police Service the three easterners entered a place which had been key to securing the interests of their empire. There were some others business people, leaders who were interested in moving things a long, Archinians were always willing to hear people out, being more reasonable.

The concern over the Social Pillar foundation had been noted in the Intelligence Committee of the Laboldah as there had been a forwarding from the Federal nations Intelligence Council on the issue. Namely there was the issue of C13 and the Leviathan of Kali Yuga. A Multi-Versal class threat. The World stood at a crossroads.

The Nifonese were not enemies of the rest of the Federal Nations though there was a concern about them. Hiru stood free in the multiverse, neither giving itself over to mad theocracy, militant revolution nor despotism or market forces. The compromises which were quite a stable thing. The dynasties which had been called to serve by the skiens of fate had been able to produce stable countries.
Now Archinia seemed poised to do something monumentally stupid and cause problems. Seated in the secure hotel lounge the Ambassador beheld the cream of the crop of business leaders from around Hiru led by the PM. The young man seemed interested though the issue of being a man with the most power had seen the business leaders cowed.

“you wanted to talk to us about the Joseon situation?” asked the PM coming straight to the point. “contractors and operatives are already Authorized. The vote was by much of the intelligence council.” The aide at the ambassadors side Nodded. The Archinians were obliged to act. “the issue is the Il Sung company as it stands with the nature of its name and the crisis which came to Hiru on the lips of those with that name. There were nods. “SACTO and ICON have more in common than we mignt think with the commitment to the ideals of liberalism.”

“I owe the Nifonese a lot. Without them I lose markets in Faidh due to the Yankees and the ICON alliance is a threat to them. The Yankees have been on all our cases since 2011. The issue is they don’t like ICON because well they don’t go after those who aren’t toing Washington’s line.” The man who spoke had several nods and murmurs of assent from around the table. “We have been endeavoring to convince the Americans.” The PM explained and due to their wholehearted need to keep Nifon onside the Archinians and such were to protect Nifon. By taking on ICON. “your Making a mistake thinking the Americans are the be all and end all. We have more.power than them.”

Calgoreach frowned. “The threat of sanctions hanging over Billions tends to concern everyone in Hiru Mr Ambassador. One would think that you would appreciate this fact. Seeing as they have allies in the Kali Yuga region we need to tread carefully and I do believe that this project will help all of us.”

“I take it you know what the Il Sung Name means. For all of you its been nothing but trouble. Ive reservations about the Social Pillar foundation but the Federal Nations are what ive feared a mouthpiece.” The ambassador left. The presence of Ancheon Group representatives did not make him feel better. The feel of his Ambassador badge. The red and blue sun of his people made him feel small. As if Heaven was judging him.

In Joseon
The arms delivered to the Il Sung company were marked with an Ivy Leaf which was common on some of the Archinian Government and other Hiru states symbols in some contexts. Some could note conspiracies about the Americans and various other organizations influencing Hiru since the Comsld War when Archinia had dealt with communists. The arms were in the first shipment.
Arms Delivery to the Il Sung Company Shipment 1

3200 RPG 7 Rocket
400 RPG 7 Launchers
400 RPG 26 Launcher
3200 Rockets
1000 AKM
1000 AK-12
250 SVD Sniper Rifle
500 RPK 74
500 LJ 7 ATGM
500 PDW Skorpion Evo III
3500 MP 448 Pistols

The contractors that arrived tended to carry no weapons as they were needed to surveil the area. The PM of Archinia it was said backed the coup which would be in the strategic interest of the Empire. They arrived under pretense of mineral studies. Some had training in that but they seemed to be more astute than the odd engineer. More aware of people. They would work with SFR assets on the issue of dealing with any possible ICON approach to the problem. Mostly surveilling the embassies of ICOn member states and their personell and meeting with those who were inclined to fight. That was not all that would be done.

A Website JoseonWire would be set up. Working to disseminate the various anti Government forces propaganda there was a lot of discussion about the Relationship with ICON. Everything the Government did wrong in regards to ICON would be disseminated on Social Media by bots in Joseon. Of course there would also be contractor Tails of some suspected DIC or other sorts of people who were watching the director. Tagging them and descretely forwarding them to the right people.

Cathcride, Archinia
Home of Commandant of the Imperial Corps of Marines Marshal Eian Donnavan

The request for wargames an extra Ordinary large one seemed to be quite a interesting one. Two divisions worth of troops from Archinia would operate against a force dug into a city in the Eastern style in a bid to liberate the people there from a regime which was not in the interests of humanity. Or something. David Oliver the Commander of the Constablacht th Archinian Gendarmery had been summoned as due to the nature of his job he was closer to the Political class.

“I don’t know what to say but that the American influence, not America Libre mind you. The ones who proposed the WA for the organization of Outer World states as people were noticing New York could get very crowded. The Federal Nations are another thing entirely. No one knows better than the Cubans, PRC and Iran what the Americans are capable of but well they are quite a small country. The influence is massive.”
The Commander of the Constablacht with the actual power over agents. Seemed grim. “I objected to the layoff of a lot of dedicated people, he’s afraid.”

Donavan looked at his house guest, looking at the stag on the wall. The thing was his grandfathers, army, not Marines. The Marines were elite, some said in more distant countries Archinians fought with Mobile suits. The corruption, had wisely not paid for the luxury, to buy the Militarys loyalty in the face of an Apathetic monarchy with all the powers with no stomach to use them…there had been legitimate salaries.

The cuts had been problematic, the Navy had been, dealt with well, Roseitier had been involved reforms and such, binning the gear which had been purchased from Belfras, Anemos Major, Lyras and focusing more on the gear that they had designed. Piles of smuggled weapons from Insurgencies. Archinia had a lot of guns. There had been some requisition orders which had been forwarded from the Ordinance Office. Undersigned by the Chie of Staff but the signature had been noted as suspect.

Looking at the documents on the coffee table. The Field Marshal frowned. “Not for an Army, doesn’t say if its going out for the slagging it was by some private trucks.” “Ive heard about this, Intelligence job, there was some memorandums about the issue. Cathaontacht had said that they were watching, they had the LUchairians and ANcasleans on the side. The Empire had rivals, friends but also potential foes close to home. Cathanotacht could remove this. The Joseon-ICON memo had been noted. As a bad idea. People wanted a grand coalition between SACTO and ICON against Communist Tyranny. Then again people had been talking about them being problematic in Santiago.
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
A Time of Trouble

Lore change?

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:42 pm

Legatia wrote:
KINGDOM OF JOSEON
09:45 AM, 9 August 2023

As the delegation made their way into Joseon's Defense Intelligence Headquarters, Nightrose and Sora traded quiet and thoughtful glances. Nobody beyond this agent could possibly know they were in country- yet, at least, so the location was relatively safe. Guarded by uniformed soldiers and sentries, this was a location whose operatives likely did not often handle internal security- at least, that was their guess. Defense intelligence in democratic countries rarely looked inwards. Both Meridonian agents were 'civilian', in the loosest sense of the word- they could only wonder how Joseon's military counterparts operated.

They passed through parking garage, giving simple nods in reply to Agent Kim's directions as they moved. Nightrose nodded approvingly as he mentioned a rapid relocation, and Sora teetered idly- perhaps a bit nervously- as the elevator moved them over two dozen floors upwards, underlining the enormity of this building. For how small of a landmass comparatively it was, it took her a bit of cognition to process how many more people Joseon had in their country- near double to Meridon.

Sora tried her best to hide it, but Nightrose, and perhaps their Korean counterpart could certainly notice her nervousness as they moved through increasingly bare halls. She did not have the wealth of experience Nightrose did, for certain, and her specialty was in blending in rather than it was sticking out. No doubt, she was high on adrenaline and doing her best to keep it concealed, trying to limit her gives to a steely forward gaze and a tensing and releasing of her left hand as they entered the DIC general's office. Nightrose recognized her as a significant enough figure beforehand, Sora did not.

(Image)
'Nightrose'
(Image) | (Image)

"The pleasure is ours, General Yoon."

Nightrose spoke for the both of them, Sora falling relatively quiet for the time being. He let her and Agent Kim speak about their known contact, the National Intelligence Service's vice director. Nightrose accepted the file and tilted it so that Sora might get a chance to read some of it as well, though her grasp of the document was limited by her distance to it and Nightrose's very fast reading comprehension skills. His eyes moved over the words like a laser scanner, rapidly taking them into account as he began formulating opportunities, ideas, solutions to work with the information they had received. The thought 'they work fast' flickered through his mind- it had been some thirty minutes since Kim had the call and a translated dossier file was in their hands. Maybe this had been in the works for a while.. who knew.

"Nothing special, no particulars, involved in prior unsavory actions with a past administration. All of this indicates the fact that he's likely to have some less high-profile dealings elsewhere- reputable or otherwise. An official of this caliber doesn't get far with unremarkable service. He's either got friends in high places- unlikely with his station of birth- or he has under-the table work that's being done."

Nightrose closed the manila folder and offered it to Sora, crossing his arms before him as he continued. Sora went through the document at her own pace besides them.

"If you want my advice, you'd be well advised turning this one against his fellows. Find something you can leverage against him and make him spill. There's skeletons in his closet- you just need to figure out where the bones came from."

Seoul
Headquarters of DIC

General Yoon Joohee nodded at Nightrose's words. On Soo-Chan's weaknesses related to the former administration have not been made public until now due to the current NIS leadership's decision to utilize his abilities, but they have now had to take advantage of On Soo-Chan's weaknesses, not On Soo-Chan. Those who conspired to commit a coup will not give up or distrust On Soo-Chan just because they know his weaknesses. Rather, they were more likely to exploit On Soo-Chan by exploiting his weaknesses, and at least they were not likely to give up. Those who planned an illegal coup in the first place will not rule out On Soo-Chan because he is flawed.

At least as long as the majority of citizens don't know that.

Revealing On Soo-Chan's weaknesses to the public can bring tremendous benefits, but at the same time can bring tremendous risks. It would certainly be beneficial to divide the coup forces and On Soo-Chan. After all, the coup forces must also consider the situation after they came to power. In the process of the coup, the character's flaws may not be a problem, but after taking power, the character's flaws become a problem. This is because the defective person will eventually fall prey to the opposition and adversely affect the ruling power.

Other than On Soo-Chan, the rest of us who were complicit in the coup will regard On Soo-Chan as a person who can't be with him even after he takes power.

Of course, it was possible that it would cause On Soo-Chan to be completely excluded from the coup, neutralizing the only key to tracking down the coup forces. But On Soo-Chan won't be just watching until such a situation comes.

Another possibility is that On Soo-Chan becomes urgent. A man always makes mistakes when he is in a hurry. If On Soo-Chan becomes urgent, the coup may be accelerated, but there will be as many mistakes.

When Yoon Joohee's thoughts reached this point, she felt that she was making the same choice as gambling. It actually was, but it couldn't be helped. This is because time may be on the side of the coup forces.

Nightrose's words also gave Yoon Joohee a hint. If On Soo-Chan spills himself what will be his weaknesses, it may help him uncover other secrets of the coup forces behind the veil.

Yoon Joohee
"Thank you for your advice. It certainly helped. As soon as I hear from the NIS director, I will let you know the location of the safe house where you will be working."

Yoon Joohee handed Nightrose a piece of paper with an address somewhere.

Yoon Joohee
"This is the address of the hotel where you will stay for a while. It's a hotel in Seoul, but it's close to the outer area and it's not a place that will attract much attention. Once you go here and take a rest, I'll call you back soon."

Even the truth buried deep in the ground will eventually come out someday.

DIC agents had to carry out operations that were normally taboo to them. It is not their duty to intervene in domestic affairs or the affairs of government personnel. But with few people to trust, there was no option.

DIC agents sent an anonymous email to each media company. Detailed information on what the NIS's deputy director, On Soo-Chan, did in the previous administration was attached to the email.

Hours later, allegations that On Soo-Chan was involved in the former administration's Internet opinion-rigging scandal plastered headlines across all media outlets. Current NIS Deputy Director's involvement in the manipulation of public opinion. It is enough of an issue to attract the attention of the media and the public.

McNernia wrote:Seoul,Joseon
Offices of the SFR

The Station Chief shook hands with the woman pleasantries and information were exchanged on the way out. Kong seemed rather wary though. His old partner who was Ops leader of the Seoul Station looked his employer square in the face. “We need to be wary of Ginists, the man has allied abroad and if Kojiro goes in Nifon we will find ourselves facing all kind of problems if the man does.”

“We don’t know that, they seem like they are willing to work with us. You know that the bastards tend to have their plates full with the Eulabians at home and well here in Esvanovia let us endevour to keep our ally safe from a major threat.

Cathcride,Archinia
Meeting of the Fóram Eidhneán

Óstán Ilchríochach was one of the more beautiful buildings which loomed about the city. A larger structure which was more like one of the Palaces which housed the Imperial Family. Ugseal Calgoreach wanted to meet someone. Not a mistress but a foreign Ambassador who wanted to discuss the issue. The Ambassador for the Empire of Saerun one of the numerous Korean diaspora states. Run by the Ryeon Dynasty its administration had provided extensive cultural insight on the Joseon Empire. The Emperor of that Empire had spoken with his PM on the issue of ICON and the Federal Nations.

The Ostan Ilchriochach was beautiful to behold, the eagles and the lions were a nice touch. The PM sat ensconced in a private suite as the Ambassador was delivered by Motorcade. Ambassador Kan Seon looked at the doorman and nodded, followed by a close aid and a officer of the Imperial Police Service the three easterners entered a place which had been key to securing the interests of their empire. There were some others business people, leaders who were interested in moving things a long, Archinians were always willing to hear people out, being more reasonable.

The concern over the Social Pillar foundation had been noted in the Intelligence Committee of the Laboldah as there had been a forwarding from the Federal nations Intelligence Council on the issue. Namely there was the issue of C13 and the Leviathan of Kali Yuga. A Multi-Versal class threat. The World stood at a crossroads.

The Nifonese were not enemies of the rest of the Federal Nations though there was a concern about them. Hiru stood free in the multiverse, neither giving itself over to mad theocracy, militant revolution nor despotism or market forces. The compromises which were quite a stable thing. The dynasties which had been called to serve by the skiens of fate had been able to produce stable countries.
Now Archinia seemed poised to do something monumentally stupid and cause problems. Seated in the secure hotel lounge the Ambassador beheld the cream of the crop of business leaders from around Hiru led by the PM. The young man seemed interested though the issue of being a man with the most power had seen the business leaders cowed.

“you wanted to talk to us about the Joseon situation?” asked the PM coming straight to the point. “contractors and operatives are already Authorized. The vote was by much of the intelligence council.” The aide at the ambassadors side Nodded. The Archinians were obliged to act. “the issue is the Il Sung company as it stands with the nature of its name and the crisis which came to Hiru on the lips of those with that name. There were nods. “SACTO and ICON have more in common than we mignt think with the commitment to the ideals of liberalism.”

“I owe the Nifonese a lot. Without them I lose markets in Faidh due to the Yankees and the ICON alliance is a threat to them. The Yankees have been on all our cases since 2011. The issue is they don’t like ICON because well they don’t go after those who aren’t toing Washington’s line.” The man who spoke had several nods and murmurs of assent from around the table. “We have been endeavoring to convince the Americans.” The PM explained and due to their wholehearted need to keep Nifon onside the Archinians and such were to protect Nifon. By taking on ICON. “your Making a mistake thinking the Americans are the be all and end all. We have more.power than them.”

Calgoreach frowned. “The threat of sanctions hanging over Billions tends to concern everyone in Hiru Mr Ambassador. One would think that you would appreciate this fact. Seeing as they have allies in the Kali Yuga region we need to tread carefully and I do believe that this project will help all of us.”

“I take it you know what the Il Sung Name means. For all of you its been nothing but trouble. Ive reservations about the Social Pillar foundation but the Federal Nations are what ive feared a mouthpiece.” The ambassador left. The presence of Ancheon Group representatives did not make him feel better. The feel of his Ambassador badge. The red and blue sun of his people made him feel small. As if Heaven was judging him.

In Joseon
The arms delivered to the Il Sung company were marked with an Ivy Leaf which was common on some of the Archinian Government and other Hiru states symbols in some contexts. Some could note conspiracies about the Americans and various other organizations influencing Hiru since the Comsld War when Archinia had dealt with communists. The arms were in the first shipment.
Arms Delivery to the Il Sung Company Shipment 1

3200 RPG 7 Rocket
400 RPG 7 Launchers
400 RPG 26 Launcher
3200 Rockets
1000 AKM
1000 AK-12
250 SVD Sniper Rifle
500 RPK 74
500 LJ 7 ATGM
500 PDW Skorpion Evo III
3500 MP 448 Pistols

The contractors that arrived tended to carry no weapons as they were needed to surveil the area. The PM of Archinia it was said backed the coup which would be in the strategic interest of the Empire. They arrived under pretense of mineral studies. Some had training in that but they seemed to be more astute than the odd engineer. More aware of people. They would work with SFR assets on the issue of dealing with any possible ICON approach to the problem. Mostly surveilling the embassies of ICOn member states and their personell and meeting with those who were inclined to fight. That was not all that would be done.

A Website JoseonWire would be set up. Working to disseminate the various anti Government forces propaganda there was a lot of discussion about the Relationship with ICON. Everything the Government did wrong in regards to ICON would be disseminated on Social Media by bots in Joseon. Of course there would also be contractor Tails of some suspected DIC or other sorts of people who were watching the director. Tagging them and descretely forwarding them to the right people.

Cathcride, Archinia
Home of Commandant of the Imperial Corps of Marines Marshal Eian Donnavan

The request for wargames an extra Ordinary large one seemed to be quite a interesting one. Two divisions worth of troops from Archinia would operate against a force dug into a city in the Eastern style in a bid to liberate the people there from a regime which was not in the interests of humanity. Or something. David Oliver the Commander of the Constablacht th Archinian Gendarmery had been summoned as due to the nature of his job he was closer to the Political class.

“I don’t know what to say but that the American influence, not America Libre mind you. The ones who proposed the WA for the organization of Outer World states as people were noticing New York could get very crowded. The Federal Nations are another thing entirely. No one knows better than the Cubans, PRC and Iran what the Americans are capable of but well they are quite a small country. The influence is massive.”
The Commander of the Constablacht with the actual power over agents. Seemed grim. “I objected to the layoff of a lot of dedicated people, he’s afraid.”

Donavan looked at his house guest, looking at the stag on the wall. The thing was his grandfathers, army, not Marines. The Marines were elite, some said in more distant countries Archinians fought with Mobile suits. The corruption, had wisely not paid for the luxury, to buy the Militarys loyalty in the face of an Apathetic monarchy with all the powers with no stomach to use them…there had been legitimate salaries.

The cuts had been problematic, the Navy had been, dealt with well, Roseitier had been involved reforms and such, binning the gear which had been purchased from Belfras, Anemos Major, Lyras and focusing more on the gear that they had designed. Piles of smuggled weapons from Insurgencies. Archinia had a lot of guns. There had been some requisition orders which had been forwarded from the Ordinance Office. Undersigned by the Chie of Staff but the signature had been noted as suspect.

Looking at the documents on the coffee table. The Field Marshal frowned. “Not for an Army, doesn’t say if its going out for the slagging it was by some private trucks.” “Ive heard about this, Intelligence job, there was some memorandums about the issue. Cathaontacht had said that they were watching, they had the LUchairians and ANcasleans on the side. The Empire had rivals, friends but also potential foes close to home. Cathanotacht could remove this. The Joseon-ICON memo had been noted. As a bad idea. People wanted a grand coalition between SACTO and ICON against Communist Tyranny. Then again people had been talking about them being problematic in Santiago.

The IL Sung Company's 'employees' received weapons and began arming mercenaries hired from all over the world. The amount of weapons was enough to arm about 500 mercenaries. There were not many mercenaries, but they were all elite and experienced.

The IL Sung Company began moving mercenaries and weapons to the metropolitan area as soon as the mercenaries were completely armed. The move was done in secret, and this time, we took extra care in every way to avoid being caught for anything trivial, such as the overweight of the vehicle.

A huge storm was approaching.

The outskirts of Seoul

People gathered again at the villa located outside Seoul. They sealed off the area around the villa with bodyguards, as always, and talked in a room at the deepest part of the villa.

However, this time, On Soo-Chan, Vice Director of NIS, was not present.

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"As you know, the incident that the media is talking about this time is a bit on my mind. If On Soo-Chan takes a major government post in the current controversial situation, controversy will arise among the people."

Everyone nodded to Heo Jonghyuk's words. On Soo-Chan was a key pillar of the coup until the media reported the incident. But now On Soo-Chan is the biggest weakness of the coup.

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"We can keep the regime stable only if everything goes according to plan. But under the current circumstances, can the plan be carried out properly? And as you might have thought, don't you think On Soo-Chan's plans are too sloppy?"

Jung Chung Ah
"Mr. Deputy Prime Minister, what do you want to say?"

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"Let's exclude On Soo-Chan from our plan."

Everyone was shocked by Heo Jonghyuk's words, but soon Park Shinwoong began to help the deputy prime minister.

Park Shinwoong
"Well, I thought so, to be honest. The plan to carry out a coup simply with mercenaries and NIS personnel without taking control of the army is overly hasty. Of course, it is natural to make a new plan because the existing plan was poor. But On Soo-Chan's plan has many loopholes."

Heo Joonghyuk laughed loudly and began to speak in a fierce tone.

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"Am I right? Joseon is not an unstable third-world country, and the plan to take power with mercenaries is absurd in itself. Even if the military did not resist and assumed that we had taken over power, would the citizens really stay still? There will certainly be a great deal of civil resistance, and then it will be difficult for mercenaries to suppress the protests alone. Will the police and the military cooperate?"

Park Shinwoong
"I can make the police cooperate. But the military........"

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"That's right. In conclusion, On Soo-Chan's plan is absurd. So I brought a new plan."

Heo Joonghyuk lowered his voice and began to explain his plan. As if he had been waiting for this time.

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"We just need to manipulate the corruption of the prime minister and the rest of the cabinet and disclose it to the media, and then make the National Assembly distrust the cabinet. Of course, I will be promoted as the only person in the Cabinet who is free from corruption. If that happens, the National Assembly will have no choice but to elect me as prime minister. The majority party in the National Assembly is the ruling party, and the ruling party will not elect an opposition figure as prime minister."

Everyone in the room nodded. Heo Joonghyuk's plan was certainly more feasible than On Soo-Chan's.

Jung Chung Ah
"On Soo-Chan is someone who was only working in intelligence. He's a total stranger to politics. The Deputy Prime Minister's plan looks much better."

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"Right? I knew everyone would think so. Then let's exclude On Soo-Chan from this plan. It's much better for me to step up than to put up such a person."

Seoul
NIS-owned buildings

Even the moment they were talking in the room, the eavesdropping device installed without their knowledge was sending the contents of the conversation to On Soo-Chan's office.

On Soo-Chan's face was distorted when he overheard the conversation. The can in his hand was crushed.

On Soo-Chan called somewhere.

On Soo-Chan
"Oh, it's me. Let's move up the plan. Finish all the preparations by tomorrow. Don't worry."

Seoul
Metropolitan Investigation Unit

The expression of the man sitting in the interrogation room deep inside the police station was stiff. The man who was caught on the highway for murder using a firearm was both extremely nervous and fearful.

Police Lieutenant Yoon Jisoo and Police Lieutenant Lee Dongbaek watched the man through a camera that illuminated the interior of the interrogation room before the interrogation began. From immediately after the arrest until now, the man did not say a word, but at the same time appeared to be insecure and afraid of something. He avoided the eyes of police or others and acted as if he were trying to hide his image from someone.

Police Lieutenant
Lee Dongbaek
"I'm sure. He's afraid of something."

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"I think so. This is not the general attitude of a man who killed a man and shot at the police."

Yoon Jisoo opened the interrogation room door.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"I'll go in. I think I can figure something out."

Yoon Jisoo could see the man more closely as soon as he entered the interrogation room. The man's face was mused and his body trembled slightly. It was completely different from his attitude when he was arrested on the highway.

Yoon Jisoo perched on a table in front of the man.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"What's so scary about you? Mr. Hong Geon-ho?"

The man looked up and looked at Yoon Jisoo. But his eyes were still looking elsewhere.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"Answer me. Mr. Hong Geon-ho."

The man didn't say anything.

It was what she expected. Yoon Jisoo thought.

Yoon Jisoo got closer to the man and started speaking quietly.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"Mr. Hong Geon-ho. I know that your real name is Jin Myeong-Do, not Hong Geon-ho, and I also know that you have a wife and children. Are you afraid that someone will hurt your family?"

Commissioner General of Police Agency Kang Daecheon first identified these facts and then secretly informed Yoon Jisoo and Lee Dongbaek without informing the police on the front line. Yoon Jisoo and Lee Dongbaek's purpose was to get as much information from Jin Myong-Do as possible before he was taken to a detention center and therefore had to act faster than the police on the front lines.

"I should have died at the scene. He said he wouldn't touch my family if I died at the scene. He.........."

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"Mr. Jin Myeong-Do, your house is already guarded by police. The Commissioner General of Police Agency promised to keep your family safe, and police will be guarded around the clock. And if you cooperate, we can keep the family safe forever."

"Now it is your turn. Tell me who you're talking about, and who made you do those things. If you're worried about whether I'm employed by him, don't worry about that. I need to catch him. If I had been hired by him, you'd already be dead. But you're still alive. Now tell me."

The man looked around and began to speak quietly but at a high speed in a trembling voice.

"I'm a gangster from Pyongyang. He said he would give me a lot of money, and instead, he said he would kill my family if his order was revealed. My boss is also his subordinate. My family is innocent, so please save them."

Yoon Jisoo calmed down the man and asked again.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"So who is he?"

"He said he was the managing director of a company called Il Sung Company. I don't know his name."

Il Sung Company. Investigate here and something could come out. She won't get any information if her opponent is seasoned, but no one in the world is perfect.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"Thank you for your cooperation. We will protect your family well."

"Please protect my family. I don't mind dying. But my family should not die."

Yoon Jisoo closed the door and left the interrogation room.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"The bad guys also love their families."

Yoon Jisoo shook her head. It was a moment that reminded me once again that no matter how evil a man is, he becomes powerless in front of his family.

Police Lieutenant
Lee Dongbaek
"Did you find out anything?"

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"Il Sung Company. We need to look into that place."

Seoul
Cheong Wa Dae(Prime Minister’s Office)

Late at night, Chief Justice Park Yohan, who asked for a solo meeting with the prime minister, was lost in thought. Outside the window, the night view of the city was shining brightly, but Park Yohan felt that the night view was somehow cold. It felt as if the city was surrounded by blue light, emitting cold air.

It's not just the city. The world experienced by Park Yohan is originally a cold place. Each is a beast who seeks each other's weaknesses. It is a world in which people who once treated each other with laughter think of stabbing each other in the back with knives when they turn around. Such a world cannot be warm.

It's certainly not the world Park Yohan wants. He wanted to correct what was wrong. To do so, he became a judge and eventually rose to the chief justice, but he was still unable to change the world.

He had to go higher.

By the time the Prime Minister came in, Park Yohan's teacup had already emptied. Prime Minister Jeong Dohyung greeted Park Yohan with a smile.

"Sorry for being late. There was a task that I had to deal with in a hurry."

Park Yohan
"It's all right. Prime Minister."

As Jeong Dohyung sat down, Park Yohan looked around and made sure no one was there before starting to speak.

Park Yohan
"Let me get to the point. Prime Minister, as far as I have found, the deputy prime minister is a key figure in the coup plan."

Jeong Dohyung seemed surprised by the words.

"Are you sure the deputy prime minister was involved in the coup?"

Park Yohan
"Yes, it true. We haven't identified any other figures yet, but the deputy prime minister's involvement in the coup is certain."

"I thought he was a competent and upright figure. His political career was perfect and there were no flaws to take issue with, so I believed him."

There are a lot of people who look fine on the outside but are rotten on the inside. This is also what Park Yohan has learned throughout his life.

Park Yohan
"Prime Minister, we'd better keep an eye on the deputy prime minister for now. If I'm right, he's probably the highest-ranking figure in the coup. Even in the government, you are the only one higher than him."

Jeong Dohyung nodded.

"All right. I'll keep an eye on him. Thank you for your concern about this matter. Chief Justice."

Park Yohan thought as he left Cheong Wa Dae. Jeong Dohyung was certainly a competent politician, and a respectable figure, but his weakness was that he was so exemplary. He tended to hesitate at times when conspiracies and tricks were needed and trusted the people around him.

The world that Jeong Dohyung and Park Yohan saw was different. The world that Jeong Dohyung sees will be warm and bright. But the world Park Yohan saw was a cold world. Of course, Park Yohan didn't like that world.

It's not that the world shouldn't be warm. Park Yohan was also dreaming of a warm and bright world. Jeong Dohyung was different from Park Yohan in that he seemed to believe that the world was warm now, too.

But the world was still cold.

Park Yohan wanted to change that world.
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great state of Joseon » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 pm

Gyeonggi Province
The outskirts of Hwaseong City

Police Lieutenant Lee Dongbaek and Police Lieutenant Yoon Jisoo, along with their fellow cops, moved to the address of the Il Sung Company. But the scene was already empty. There were signs of someone using it until recently in a fairly large warehouse, but there was no one or anything there.

But they didn't give up and searched all the CCTVs on the nearby road. Joseon is a country where CCTVs are installed not only in cities but also in rural areas. So finding CCTVs was not difficult, but finding vehicles entering the Il Sung Company was difficult.

After hours of investigation, they managed to find license plates for vehicles entering the Il Sung Company. The majority were trucks but included a luxury sedan.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"Did you check the license plate?"

Police Lieutenant
Lee Dongbaek
"Yes. It's a registered vehicle owned by The Social Pillar Foundation. Is this also a Shell Company?"

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"No, I've heard of it. It's quite a large organization."

Yoon Jisoo called Commissioner General of Police Agency Kang Daecheon.

Police Lieutenant
Yoon Jisoo
"The Social Pillar Foundation appears to have been involved in the coup. We need to investigate them immediately."

Seoul
The chief justice's office

A late evening.

Park Yohan finished reading the documents sent by Senior Prosecutor Jeon Mi-Ra and Lawyer Song Joo-Hyung and checked the map. The information power of Joseon's prosecutors is very powerful and their hands are spread everywhere. And Song Joo-Hyung had connections throughout the region as well as the government.

As long as the size of the coup's plan was large, they were eventually forced to leave traces. In a way, it's a natural result. Although Jeon Mi-Ra and Song Joo-Hyung could not identify all the figures involved in the coup, they could figure out where coup forces were gathering.

A photo taken by CCTV installed on one side of the road showed the deputy prime minister's vehicle entering a private property outside Seoul. Satellite imagery showed there was only one building located on the estate.

Park Yohan called Prime Minister Jeong Dohyung.

Park Yohan
"Please check the address I sent you. The address is the address of the hideout of the coup forces. We need to mobilize the military or police to storm there."

Eventually, the tail of the coup forces was stepped on by the government. But the coup forces had already begun to act.

The outskirts of Seoul

About 600 people gathered in a row in a vacant lot near a villa outside Seoul where coup leaders gathered to hold a meeting. People were dressed differently, but they were all armed with firearms such as assault rifles and body armor.

Despite a truck carrying weapons being discovered by police along the way, not a few trucks succeeded in delivering the weapons to On Soo-Chan, who armed the mercenaries with the weapons.

On Soo-Chan smiled at the mercenaries lining up in a vacant lot. There has been no problem so far, although the date was very early. Now all that remains is action.

On Soo-Chan gestured to a mercenary officer next to him.

"Let's go!"

All the mercenaries boarded dozens of vans when the mercenary officer ordered. After leaving a vacant lot, vans entered the highway heading for Seoul.

On Soo-Chan gathered all the major figures involved in the coup. All the figures, including Deputy Prime Minister Heo Joonghyuk, The Chairman of the Social Pillar Foundation Jung Chung Ah, and The Head of the Central Investigation Office of the Police Park Shinwoong, gathered again at the villa.

After the mercenaries left for Seoul, On Soo-Chan entered a room deep in the villa. As if the main character entered, On Soo-Chan slowly entered the center of the room, enjoying the gaze of others.

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"Why did you call us late? Do you have something to say in a hurry?"

On Soo-Chan smiled and stared at Heo Joonghyuk at his words. His smile seemed normal, but in combination with the sudden silence, On Soo-Chan smile looked somewhat eerie.

On Soo-Chan
"I already know that you all betrayed me."

On Soo-Chan's words had the same effect as throwing a bomb into the room. Everyone in the room was astonished in unison, and On Soo-Chan smiled leisurely at the sight of it.

On Soo-Chan
"You have betrayed me to monopolize the profits without me. I'm very disappointed. But I decided to give you a chance. So that you can exist under me."

Jung Chung Ah
"........What do you mean?"

Jung Chung Ah opened her mouth with difficulty.

On Soo-Chan
"If you all cooperate with my plans decently, as the new prime minister, I will give you even a small seat. But if you refuse my suggestion, you will have a bullet in your head immediately."

When On Soo-Chan knocked on the door, some of the bodyguards outside came into the room. They pointed their pistols at the rest of the group except On Soo-Chan.

On Soo-Chan
"Now, what would you like to do? Will you join me? Or.........."

Deputy Prime Minister
Heo Joonghyuk
"I'll be with you! I swear!"

Heo Joonghyuk knelt before On Soo-Chan. Jung Chung Ah and Park Shinwoong, who saw the scene, looked at Heo Joonghyuk as pathetic, but soon they had no choice but to nod, too.

On Soo-Chan
"Good choice."

When On Soo-Chan beckoned, the guards removed their pistols and left the room.

On Soo-Chan
"Now you are with me."

Since then, Jung Chung Ah has sent a text message somewhere to avoid On Soo-Chan's eyes while On Soo-Chan has been saying this and that.

To: The Director for Joeseon Affairs of the Archinian Imperial Sovereign Wealth Group

Send the mercenaries to the Prime Minister's Office immediately. Right now. Once you take control of the Prime Minister's office, consider On Soo-Chan's mercenaries as enemies.

It was neither the DIC nor the NIS that first detected the movement of coup forces. Colonel Lee Ji-hyuk, who belongs to the Ministry of National Defense's External Cooperation Department, witnessed a large number of vans moving to Seoul on his way home from dinner. Colonel Lee Ji-hyuk, who was wondering about the situation in which vans of the same color and type of van were moving together, called his superior and acquaintance General Yoon Joohee.

He could have let it go, but Colonel Lee Ji-hyuk, who felt somewhat uncomfortable, called immediately. He was a man who sometimes acted in his gut. And now his gut pointed to ominous.

"Hello? It's me. What training is scheduled for today in the military or police? I'm just curious."

General Yoon Joohee had no choice but to notice that this was an act of coup forces.

Yoon Joohee
"Uh, don't hang up and let me know where they're going. Don't be caught by them."

The coup's actions were unexpectedly quick. They've already entered Seoul and the government doesn't have much time.

General Yoon Joohee started sending telegrams everywhere possible. Hotline connected to NIS, The Capital Defense Command, and the Meridon Defense Force.

She didn't have time to write a telegram according to format. In a hurry, she wrote and sent a telegram simply.

To: NIS, The Capital Defense Command, Meridon Defense Force
From: General Yoon Joohee, Commander of the Defense Intelligence
Subject: Urgent
Encryption: High

Emergency situation coup forces appear to be moving troops for the purpose of overthrowing the government Please provide immediate support
Last edited by The Great state of Joseon on Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
고요한 아침의 나라

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates