NATION

PASSWORD

[TWI ONLY] Mesder Sea RP Cooperation Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Bavarno
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2023
Ex-Nation

[TWI ONLY] Mesder Sea RP Cooperation Thread

Postby Bavarno » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:11 pm

This thread serves as a place to plan Mesder-specific RPs and events, as well as to plan out the upcoming Mesder Alliance. A thread is being used to avoid clogging up telegrams or the TWI RMB.

Please only post here if you are a member of the Western Isles region. Non-Mesder TWI people welcome as well!
Federal Republic of Bavarno
Proud member of The Western Isles!

Arvento
Secretary

Founded: Nov 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Arvento » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:05 pm

I think our top priority should be the central Canal. many of the Mesder nations' economies are dependent on unrestricted passage through the canal

Barquetalia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 20, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:25 pm

Arvento wrote:I think our top priority should be the central Canal. many of the Mesder nations' economies are dependent on unrestricted passage through the canal

Altho I do agree that they become a priority, we should also start talking and discussing this whole Mesder alliance thing. Kravato, Bavarno and I were talking about it all since a while ago, and it would be nice to start planning it so that it's done by the end of the Iersheno war. The alliance, as of what we've talked prior, would be kind of a pro-democracy bloc for the Mesder, and the idea is that it would be fulfilled kind of as a reaction to this whole Iersheno situation.

Also, I do believe that both canals should be a priority, esp the southern one since it ties into the Mesder region the most.

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:42 pm

Just for reference, here's some general ideas for the Mesder Alliance that Barquetalia and I have thought up:

- Economic cooperation, centered around trade policies and the facilitation of inter-mesder trade.
- Defensive alliance, a bit NATO like
- Cultural interchange based around sports, festivities, the media and entertainment industry, and joint events between member states
- Promotion of democracy and the core principles of human rights

Koeschia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 07, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Koeschia » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:37 am

Bavarno wrote:Just for reference, here's some general ideas for the Mesder Alliance that Barquetalia and I have thought up:

- Economic cooperation, centered around trade policies and the facilitation of inter-mesder trade.
- Defensive alliance, a bit NATO like
- Cultural interchange based around sports, festivities, the media and entertainment industry, and joint events between member states
- Promotion of democracy and the core principles of human rights

(Bavarno Invited me here as a member of the Mesder Region)

I support these Ideas... I can help you all write the Charter if you all want (I have a lot of past experience in Alliance Creation and Charter Writing). We would also need to structure the Organization. Here's a proposed plan:-

We can also have a General Secretary and an Intelligence, Sports division etc. There should also be 2 types of Memberships-

• Full Members: The Name itself. I suggest that only Democratic and resident of Mesder Countries are allowed to be Full Members.
  • Observer States: Non Democratic countries like- Absolute Monarchies, Partial Democracies etc which haven't committed any War Crimes/Violation of Civil and Human Rights/Atrocities etc are given this status. Nations not residents of Mesder should also be given this status.

There would be 3 Main Bodies-

• The Assembly of Mesder: An general body. All members and observers have a representative here. It will act like an Legislative Body (Somewhat like the GA).
  • The Council of Mesder: Something like the Security council in the UN. I say we allow trusted and founding members too be here.
  • Mesder Peacekeeping Force: Something like a military or PK. Will act on the direction of an elected General Secretary.
The Greatest Republic of Koeschia
---
Truth can never defy us
A Unitary Parliamentary Republic, Hosts Free and Fair Elections but is seeking expansion and Intervention in world affairs for its own benefit.

NSstats have been accused of treason and are to be hunted down and executed, effective immediately without delay.
- Order Issued on 8 July 2023
Website | Overview [Heavy WIP] | Read News | Read some SIC stuff | Join The Western Isles ! ! ! | Military [SUPER DUPER WIP] || All Hail the Greatest of all Republic

Barquetalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:59 pm

Koeschia wrote:
Bavarno wrote:
We can also have a General Secretary and an Intelligence, Sports division etc. There should also be 2 types of Memberships-

• Full Members: The Name itself. I suggest that only Democratic and resident of Mesder Countries are allowed to be Full Members.
  • Observer States: Non Democratic countries like- Absolute Monarchies, Partial Democracies etc which haven't committed any War Crimes/Violation of Civil and Human Rights/Atrocities etc are given this status. Nations not residents of Mesder should also be given this status.

There would be 3 Main Bodies-

• The Assembly of Mesder: An general body. All members and observers have a representative here. It will act like an Legislative Body (Somewhat like the GA).
  • The Council of Mesder: Something like the Security council in the UN. I say we allow trusted and founding members too be here.
  • Mesder Peacekeeping Force: Something like a military or PK. Will act on the direction of an elected General Secretary.

Altho I do agree with most of this, we should also discuss how powerful the Mesder Council and Assembly will be, since I believe the goal of the coalition should be to aid regional cooperation, not integration (for now at least). Plus I feel like a Peacekeeping Force would make a possible Mutual Defense clause redundant, and idk how we want that part to work.
Besides that I do agree with most of what you've said. I would offer my help with the charter writing but I already know I will have virtually no time to help you with that this semester due to university, so if you're up to the task go ahead

Koeschia
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Koeschia » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:16 am

Barquetalia wrote:
Koeschia wrote:

Altho I do agree with most of this, we should also discuss how powerful the Mesder Council and Assembly will be, since I believe the goal of the coalition should be to aid regional cooperation, not integration (for now at least). Plus I feel like a Peacekeeping Force would make a possible Mutual Defense clause redundant, and idk how we want that part to work.
Besides that I do agree with most of what you've said. I would offer my help with the charter writing but I already know I will have virtually no time to help you with that this semester due to university, so if you're up to the task go ahead

Actually Yes. I say that both the assembly and council have some what 'Weak Powers'. This will allow some intense RP and offer Members Greater Freedom. We can obviously have another EU like body but this is more of an alliance.
---
Truth can never defy us
A Unitary Parliamentary Republic, Hosts Free and Fair Elections but is seeking expansion and Intervention in world affairs for its own benefit.

NSstats have been accused of treason and are to be hunted down and executed, effective immediately without delay.
Website | Overview [Heavy WIP] | Read News | Read some SIC stuff | Join The Western Isles ! ! ! | Military [SUPER DUPER WIP] || All Hail the Greatest of all Republic

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:56 am

I agree with Barquetalia on the cooperation bit. In my opinion, we should focus primarily on linking our countries together as a community of independent states, not as a confederation or federation as one nation.

I also believe that the establishment of a single unified military isn't something we should move towards. I believe it would be better to maintain our current national militaries, as this could improve RP later down the line as the alliance struggles with interoperability between the national militaries. I also think we should build the political structure of the alliance in this way as well, in a way that allows for future struggles and future RP. I don't think we should start this alliance with all problems solved and everything ready to go. An ambitious project like this would likely have some growing pains, especially due to domestic opposition within our countries limiting the scope of what the alliance can and cannot do.

I do agree with Koeschia's proposal for the structure, other than the peacekeeping force.

Koeschia
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Koeschia » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:46 am

Actually the PK was meant to be like the UN's PK. An utterly inefficient, useless, troublesome volunteer group of Semi-Independent Forces for creating more quality RP and problems to RP on.
---
Truth can never defy us

Barquetalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:54 pm

Bavarno wrote:I agree with Barquetalia on the cooperation bit. In my opinion, we should focus primarily on linking our countries together as a community of independent states, not as a confederation or federation as one nation.

I also believe that the establishment of a single unified military isn't something we should move towards. I believe it would be better to maintain our current national militaries, as this could improve RP later down the line as the alliance struggles with interoperability between the national militaries. I also think we should build the political structure of the alliance in this way as well, in a way that allows for future struggles and future RP. I don't think we should start this alliance with all problems solved and everything ready to go. An ambitious project like this would likely have some growing pains, especially due to domestic opposition within our countries limiting the scope of what the alliance can and cannot do.

I do agree with Koeschia's proposal for the structure, other than the peacekeeping force.

Koeschia wrote:Actually the PK was meant to be like the UN's PK. An utterly inefficient, useless, troublesome volunteer group of Semi-Independent Forces for creating more quality RP and problems to RP on.

An alternative to the PK force could be what Bavarno posted about, structured around a mutual defense clause and the struggles and limits this would present as the national interests of all of our nations clash with the objective of the organisation, resulting in the creation of a PK force down the line, which would bring problems on its own. About the political structure, the main issue could be the inability that both the Assembly of Mesder and the Council of Mesder have to act, similar to how people complain about the inability that the UN's General Assembly and Security Council have when acting, but because of different reasons, these being that both the Assembly and Council would be weak powers as Koeschia put it.

Along those bodies, I would also propose some commisions of the Assembly of the Mesder that aid on some of the specific tasks the alliance was created for. The structure could then look something like this:

The Alliance, which COULD be named the Mesder Cooperation Treaty Organization|MCTO, would consist of 2 main bodies with some commissions tied to these bodies, dedicated to specific tasks the alliance set as their objectives:
  1. Council of the Mesder: The main security body on the Mesder that serves as a place to discuss interregional tensions, face authoritarianism, address HR violations, and stuff like that. Adscrit to the Council of the Mesder could be:
    1. (In the Future) The Mesder Peacekeeping Force discussed above
    2. (Maybe temporal?) A Mesder Interegional Court of Justice that could aid with territorial disputes, could be a product of the Iersheno war and could help with preventing wars between Mesder democratic nations (Of course it would be highly inefficient like the irl International Court of Justice and would not prevent us from going to war at all, but it could be an attempt to add to the credibility the organisation would have with the population?)
  2. The Assembly of the Mesder: This would serve as the main political body of the Mesder rather than legislative, producing politcal accords and binding political documents rather than international legislation. I think this could serve as a way of keeping the sentiment that this is the main governing body of the alliance while also maintaining what was discussed about "Weak Power". This assembly could also host some subgroups or adjacent commissions:
    1. An Economic and Trade Council for the Mesder, this being kind of a body that recommends and helps design bloc-wide trade policies, but retaining that same issue of "Weak Power"
    2. A Cultural Council for the Mesder, this being kind of the organisation in charge of all of the cultural interchange, sport events, festivities, the entertainment industry, and even scholarships and ties in superior education. This could be the more efficient body of the organisation since it's not really about power and more about being an intermediary for dialogue between cultural institutions. It could also eventually come to replace the MSFC, which is supposedly the Mesder Sea Football Association(At least according to this 2023 IFAF World Cup thread) but it never hosts any cups or anything of the sort.

So yeah, I hope y'all like this idea.

Askusia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 27, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Askusia » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:00 pm

Arvento wrote:I think our top priority should be the central Canal. many of the Mesder nations' economies are dependent on unrestricted passage through the canal

If you guys are talking about the central canal. I think i should be involved in it.
Last edited by Askusia on Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of The Western Isles! Join Today!

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:57 pm

Askusia wrote:

If you guys are talking about the central canal. I think i should be involved in it.

I'm pretty sure Arvento meant the Southern Canal, because it's much closer and was, at the time they posted, controlled by Vostaz.

Barquetalia wrote:An alternative to the PK force could be what Bavarno posted about, structured around a mutual defense clause and the struggles and limits this would present as the national interests of all of our nations clash with the objective of the organisation, resulting in the creation of a PK force down the line, which would bring problems on its own. About the political structure, the main issue could be the inability that both the Assembly of Mesder and the Council of Mesder have to act, similar to how people complain about the inability that the UN's General Assembly and Security Council have when acting, but because of different reasons, these being that both the Assembly and Council would be weak powers as Koeschia put it.

Along those bodies, I would also propose some commisions of the Assembly of the Mesder that aid on some of the specific tasks the alliance was created for. The structure could then look something like this:

The Alliance, which COULD be named the Mesder Cooperation Treaty Organization|MCTO, would consist of 2 main bodies with some commissions tied to these bodies, dedicated to specific tasks the alliance set as their objectives:
  1. Council of the Mesder: The main security body on the Mesder that serves as a place to discuss interregional tensions, face authoritarianism, address HR violations, and stuff like that. Adscrit to the Council of the Mesder could be:
    2. (Maybe temporal?) A Mesder Interegional Court of Justice that could aid with territorial disputes, could be a product of the Iersheno war and could help with preventing wars between Mesder democratic nations (Of course it would be highly inefficient like the irl International Court of Justice and would not prevent us from going to war at all, but it could be an attempt to add to the credibility the organisation would have with the population?)
  2. The Assembly of the Mesder: This would serve as the main political body of the Mesder rather than legislative, producing politcal accords and binding political documents rather than international legislation. I think this could serve as a way of keeping the sentiment that this is the main governing body of the alliance while also maintaining what was discussed about "Weak Power". This assembly could also host some subgroups or adjacent commissions:
    1. An Economic and Trade Council for the Mesder, this being kind of a body that recommends and helps design bloc-wide trade policies, but retaining that same issue of "Weak Power"
    2. A Cultural Council for the Mesder, this being kind of the organisation in charge of all of the cultural interchange, sport events, festivities, the entertainment industry, and even scholarships and ties in superior education. This could be the more efficient body of the organisation since it's not really about power and more about being an intermediary for dialogue between cultural institutions. It could also eventually come to replace the MSFC, which is supposedly the Mesder Sea Football Association(At least according to this 2023 IFAF World Cup thread) but it never hosts any cups or anything of the sort.

I love the idea of "weak power." Keeping the Mesder alliance weak with internal power struggles is perfect for future RP. I'm already planning on making my political parties divide between pro-Mesder and Mesderskeptic positions on foreign policy. I think it will be interesting to see what comes of the alliance later down the line.

Do we have an IC timeline of how the alliance will come to be founded? The state visits are a good start, and I know some of us have discussed using the Iersheno war as a catalyst in TGs and how we could tie it in, but I think we should set some vague timeline as to how the alliance will start.
Last edited by Bavarno on Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Koeschia
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Koeschia » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:05 am

Barquetalia wrote:
Bavarno wrote:I agree with Barquetalia on the cooperation bit. In my opinion, we should focus primarily on linking our countries together as a community of independent states, not as a confederation or federation as one nation.

Koeschia wrote:Actually the PK was meant to be like the UN's PK. An utterly inefficient, useless, troublesome volunteer group of Semi-Independent Forces for creating more quality RP and problems to RP on.

An alternative to the PK force could be what Bavarno posted about, structured around a mutual defense clause and the struggles and limits this would present as the national interests of all of our nations clash with the objective of the organisation, resulting in the creation of a PK force down the line, which would bring problems on its own. About the political structure, the main issue could be the inability that both the Assembly of Mesder and the Council of Mesder have to act, similar to how people complain about the inability that the UN's General Assembly and Security Council have when acting, but because of different reasons, these being that both the Assembly and Council would be weak powers as Koeschia put it.

So, I think we all can agree that this 'body' will be useless, powerless, corrupt and normally ignored by Govt.s have weak powers.

Proposed History of the Organization

Founded after the [Insert Conflict Name], between [Insert Nation Names], on [Insert Date] the [Organization Name] was created in an attempt to ensure Regional Peace and Security, and solve Conflicts diplomatically and create a Multinational Platform for Mesder Nations.

Since then the Organization has expanded to include 4 Commissions which are:-
  1. Mesder Economic and Trade Bloc [METB], founded on DD, Month, YYYY
  2. Logistics Commission of Mesder [LCM], founded on DD, Month, YYYY
  3. Mesder Sports Council [MSC], founded on DD, Month, YYYY
  4. Mesder Cultural Preservation Organization [MCPO], founded on DD, Month, YYYY
Plus 2 Committee funds, which are:-
  1. Mesder Wildlife Fund [MWF], founded on DD, Month, YYYY
  2. Mesder Education Funds and Aids [MEFA], founded on DD, Month, YYYY

[REGIONAL CRISIS ONE]

[ECONOMIC CRISIS ONE]

[STANCE ON CURRENT SITUATIONS]

And I have a name suggestion- Mesder Regional Union (MRU)
---
Truth can never defy us

The Tsunterlands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Tsunterlands » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:42 am

Sorry I completely missed this thread somehow. Reading through it now to give my thoughts on everything.

1) Iersheno War. Kravato indicated to me that they intend to have Iersheno either be an internationally administered state or become a Kravatoan protectorate. I'm hoping to launch an ORCA conference which tries to mediate the post-war situation of Iersheno, however I think it would be great if nations of the Mesder tried to get involve somehow using this new alliance as a platform. It could also act as the springboard for the alliance's foundation

2) On the alliance itself and re the Tsunterlands membership of it. I would be interested in joining but obviously I see people's suggesting some minimum standards relating to democracy and protection of human rights. The Tsunterlands is a functioning democracy with multiparty elections however it has had some historic issues around Human Rights - during the 1980s and 1990s there was a ethnic conflict in the Interior between Tsunter ethnonationalist paramilitaries and armed separatist groups belonging to the Maurician ethnic minority in the country's interior. Some ethnic clensing was committed. This ended with a peace agreement in 2000 wherein the Mauricians agreed to disarm and cease pursuing independence in exchange for guaranteed political representation and the persecution of war criminals. Although the situation has been peaceful ethnic tensions still remain. I should also add that from 1979 to 1987 the country was under a military junta, but following that a new constitution was introduced with greater checks and balances. I'll leave it up to you if you think any of this would disqualify the Tsunterlands from full membership of the alliance.

3) I would prefer a mutual defence clause over a dedicated peacekeeping force atleast for the immediate future.

4)
Barquetalia wrote:

I have no problem with anything Barq laid out here. I'm not such a fan of the name Mesder Cooperation Treaty Organisation, just because the region already had an alliance called the Mesder Security Treaty Organisation way back in the day. I also think Mesder Regional Union works better for the what the organisation is, IMO.

Finally theres the ongoing question of whether the Tsunterlands is more of the Mesder nation or an Argus nation. I see the nation's foreign policy as generally more "Mesder-facing", although I've recommitted to running ORCA. If I can blatantly copy Bavarno's idea :p I might divide my two major parties along this exact issue.
Last edited by The Tsunterlands on Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly a pirate republic. A country of Mediterranean peninsulas, mountains and rainforests. Home to a thriving semiconductor, financial and software industry. A flawed democracy just trying to survive in dangerous times..

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:28 am

The Tsunterlands wrote:snip

1. I like the idea of the Mesder and Argus nations teaming up to mediate an end to the Iersheno war and having that lead to the creation of the alliance.

2. Given that you have introduced reforms following human rights violations to protect ethnic minorities, I see no reason why this should disqualify you. Regarding this, I think we should make a Mesder version of the Copenhagen Criteria in character, to officially lay out the membership requirements other than being in the Mesder Sea.

3. I agree, as I said earlier.

4. I agree, the name Mesder Cooperation Treaty Organization seems overly clunky to me. The Mesder Regional Union does roll off the tongue much better than that.

Kravato
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:14 pm

Bavarno wrote:1. I like the idea of the Mesder and Argus nations teaming up to mediate an end to the Iersheno war and having that lead to the creation of the alliance.

2. Given that you have introduced reforms following human rights violations to protect ethnic minorities, I see no reason why this should disqualify you. Regarding this, I think we should make a Mesder version of the Copenhagen Criteria in character, to officially lay out the membership requirements other than being in the Mesder Sea.

4. I agree, the name Mesder Cooperation Treaty Organization seems overly clunky to me. The Mesder Regional Union does roll off the tongue much better than that.

Mediation of the end of the Iersheno War will partly come with the summit in Netil, Iersheno that will be at the end of the war to negotiate peace. I am still on the fence for protectorate or international state, my plan somewhat is to have Iersheno be a state which will have its own legislature, courts, and leadership, but would basically rely on Kravato for military protection and economic growth. Kravatoans would easily be able to enter Iersheno and vice versa for Iershenovans.

Addressing what Barq said about cultural activities across the alliance, a soccer league just for us would be great.

Finally, on the name, I think MRU is solid but will again suggest the Mutual Economic Security and Defense Resolutions (MESDR) name in all of its cheesiness.
My first time reading this whole thread, I have no clue how I missed all this discussion for so long.
Proud Member of the Western Isles
If you want some good rp, The Western Isles welcomes all!
NS Stats are not Canon
The FKK, or Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato, is a constitutional monarchy, that apart from its monarch is a federal republic. Politically, we lean center.
Love me some Sublime and RHCP. Waiting for the NFL to start again.

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:35 pm

Kravato wrote:
Bavarno wrote:1. I like the idea of the Mesder and Argus nations teaming up to mediate an end to the Iersheno war and having that lead to the creation of the alliance.

Mediation of the end of the Iersheno War will partly come with the summit in Netil, Iersheno that will be at the end of the war to negotiate peace. I am still on the fence for protectorate or international state, my plan somewhat is to have Iersheno be a state which will have its own legislature, courts, and leadership, but would basically rely on Kravato for military protection and economic growth. Kravatoans would easily be able to enter Iersheno and vice versa for Iershenovans.

Addressing what Barq said about cultural activities across the alliance, a soccer league just for us would be great.

Finally, on the name, I think MRU is solid but will again suggest the Mutual Economic Security and Defense Resolutions (MESDR) name in all of its cheesiness.
My first time reading this whole thread, I have no clue how I missed all this discussion for so long.

Just out of curiosity, have you and Vacrus worked out what portion of Iersheno's population is Kravatoan and what portion is Vacrusian? Are they about equal? Is one a clear minority?

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:32 pm

Bavarno wrote:
Kravato wrote:

Just out of curiosity, have you and Vacrus worked out what portion of Iersheno's population is Kravatoan and what portion is Vacrusian? Are they about equal? Is one a clear minority?

Yes, as far as I remember it is a ratio of 15,000 Vacrusians to 55,000 Kravatoans though I did want to increase the population of both while keeping the ratio.
NS Stats are not Canon
The FKK, or Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato, is a constitutional monarchy, that apart from its monarch is a federal republic. Politically, we lean center.

Barquetalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:23 pm

The Tsunterlands wrote:On the alliance itself and re the Tsunterlands membership of it. I would be interested in joining but obviously I see people's suggesting some minimum standards relating to democracy and protection of human rights. The Tsunterlands is a functioning democracy with multiparty elections however it has had some historic issues around Human Rights - during the 1980s and 1990s there was a ethnic conflict in the Interior between Tsunter ethnonationalist paramilitaries and armed separatist groups belonging to the Maurician ethnic minority in the country's interior. Some ethnic clensing was committed. This ended with a peace agreement in 2000 wherein the Mauricians agreed to disarm and cease pursuing independence in exchange for guaranteed political representation and the persecution of war criminals. Although the situation has been peaceful ethnic tensions still remain. I should also add that from 1979 to 1987 the country was under a military junta, but following that a new constitution was introduced with greater checks and balances. I'll leave it up to you if you think any of this would disqualify the Tsunterlands from full membership of the alliance.

I personally don't see any of these as disqualificaion factors given the 23 years gap between the Peace Agreement and the discussions in Netil. Plus, a country that had such conflicts and ended up having such a seemingly stable(?) peace being a founding member would add to the legitimacy of the organisation.

Also, the MCTO was a placeholder name mostly lmao, I didn't want to make it too similar to NATO. Mesder Regional Union or Mutual Economic Security and Defense Resolutions both work for me, slightly more inclined towards the one Kravato (Krav?) proposed, just for the pun.

Koeschia
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Koeschia » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:19 am

So, Lets keep the name aside, any suggestions for lore ?
---
Truth can never defy us

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:39 pm

Koeschia wrote:So, Lets keep the name aside, any suggestions for lore ?

I was wondering two things:

I have an ancient group which aren’t really related to the Kravatoans called the Goloricans. As far as I remember they had coastal settlements in Kravato, Bavarno and Cyrosia (old Barquetalia) and I was wondering if you would be good with having them in Koeschia too. They wouldn’t have to affect any major lore as they just stuck to the coastlines and weren’t very warlike. They would be gone as one civilization around 985 BC (that’s when they broke apart).

Also. Kravato was a large colonizer during the 1600s-1800s. Are there any places in Koeschia they could have colonized?
NS Stats are not Canon

Koeschia
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Koeschia » Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:48 am

Kravato wrote:
Koeschia wrote:So, Lets keep the name aside, any suggestions for lore ?

I was wondering two things:

I have an ancient group which aren’t really related to the Kravatoans called the Goloricans. As far as I remember they had coastal settlements in Kravato, Bavarno and Cyrosia (old Barquetalia) and I was wondering if you would be good with having them in Koeschia too. They wouldn’t have to affect any major lore as they just stuck to the coastlines and weren’t very warlike. They would be gone as one civilization around 985 BC (that’s when they broke apart).

Also. Kravato was a large colonizer during the 1600s-1800s. Are there any places in Koeschia they could have colonized?
Well Yes the Goloricans can be there... Also Koeschia was an Independet Solid state from the very beginning of the Common Era, so the Mainland Can't be colonized but are you interested in this: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1908329
---
Truth can never defy us

The Tsunterlands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Tsunterlands » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:52 pm

Aside from the name (I think MESDR is more fun, but i'm happy to go with the more serious MRU) is there anything else we need to discuss. Here's what I feel we're currently settled on, although feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
  • A mutual defence clause
  • Full member and observer member status
  • A trading bloc of some kind - this i feel could do with some more discussion as to how far trade barriers will be lowered with other alliance members.
  • Basic democratic and human rights requirements
  • The Council of the Mesder to discuss security issues (authoritarianism, Human Rights violations, building conflicts)
  • The possibility of a PK force in the future, or at least discussions around it
  • A possibly ad hoc interegional court of justice
  • An Assembly of the Mesder which would focus on economic and cultural issues - including promoting cultural dialogue and exchange, potentially hosting a football tournament, potentially enviromental issues as well

Unless there's anything else, i wouldn't mind announcing the alliance's creation in the next week or so?
Last edited by The Tsunterlands on Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly a pirate republic. A country of Mediterranean peninsulas, mountains and rainforests. Home to a thriving semiconductor, financial and software industry. A flawed democracy just trying to survive in dangerous times..

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:57 am

Does anyone want to cooperate on a historical regional economic crisis? I'm thinking it would take place around the late 1910s.

Koeschia
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Koeschia » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:02 am

Bavarno wrote:Does anyone want to cooperate on a historical regional economic crisis? I'm thinking it would take place around the late 1910s.

Interesting, I am Listening.

ALSO,

I am working on an Historical War, The Great Mesder War, We can incorporate it in to the Regional History.
---
Truth can never defy us

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates