NATION

PASSWORD

Proposals for a Princess (TG to Enter)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 30, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:09 pm

“Wonderful.”

Zieda smiled as she accepted Catherine’s hand as she followed her grandmother to the limousine. The Queen Mother held her head high as she stepped into the limousine. As she took her seat she looked to Zieda, who was grinned as she graciously accepted the box of donuts, a fresh blush on her otherwise pale face as she was called dear. The Queen Mother had not had time to go through much of her granddaughter’s correspondence from before she had arrived at the palace.

It seemed that her friendship with the pilot princess might be closer than the polite exchange of letters between two royals. The Queen Mother twisted a ring on her aged finger. That would have to be a matter dealt with, sooner rather than later.

Zieda looked to the donuts and then to Catherine. “Are these for me? Thank you! You shouldn’t have. Oh they smell delicious, I can’t wait to try one.” Zieda had been informed by her grandmother that she was to never eat in front of others when doing official business. “Oh, but I didn’t get you anything, my apologies.”

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:52 pm

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mediama » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:08 am

Brendan International Airport
Brendan, Mediama

Following proper military conduct, Catherine slipped her combonation cap off as she entered the limo, revealing more of her brown hair. It looked noticably more shinier, and had more volume, though the latter may not be noticed given how it was currently all tied into a regulation bun.

As the last of the security detail entered their respective vehicles, the MI-5 agents closed the door to the limo and signalled for the motorcade to start moving. Two Mediaman Royal Mounted Police motorcycles led the convoy as SUV's full of security followed behind them in front of the limo containing the royals, flanked by two MRMP motorcycles on each side. The motorcade was closed up by another SUV of MI-5 agents and two additional MRMP motorcycles in the rear.

The crowd continued to cheer as they saw the motocade leave the tarmac, and were led out into the roads leading up to the highway. The MRMP and MI-5 had made substantial efforts to make sure there wouldn't be any unauthorized vehicles near the motorcade. Traffic was diverted, and the motorcycle cops dissuaded any papparazi or any would-be assassins from approaching close to the group. Additionally, MRMP helicopters flew nearby to keep a watchful eye on the surrounding area. Though they wouldn't be the only choppers in the sky, Mediaman news choppers also took to the skies as they traced their path for the viewers at home.

And so, the motocade drove through forests, to their first destination: The Mediaman Royal Coast Guard base in Brendan Harbor. To get there, they would be going through downtown Brendan, through city traffic.

There was, however, going to be one city-wide event they would have to navigate through. But that was still far from their radar for the time being.

As Queen Williams broke conversation with the Queen Mother on the plan of the day, and when they could expect the elected monarch to be seen off back to Illustrantia to continue her royal duties, Catherine smiled as she saw Zieda's face light up at the doughnuts, and how she had started to slightly blush at her affectionate use of the word 'dear'. However, it didn't slip her notice that the Queen Mother's fidgeting.

Yep, definitely going to be a tight leash. Catherine thought.

But for now, she didn't mind that, as she chuckled and replied, "No need to worry about that Zieda. You're a guest after all. It's just what a host is supposed to do. I just thought we could have these for a snack if we ever got hungry. Wouldn't want to have them all at once though, have to keep our figures and all. If anything, we could share them with the rest of the security detail."
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:43 pm

Zieda tilted her head as she listened to Catherine, not noticing her grandmother’s actions, especially as the Queen Mother engaged in conversation with Queen Williams. Zieda, in the safety of the limousine opened the box and took a bite of one of the doughnuts, smiling and covering her mouth as she chewed. She looked to Catherine approvingly.

“They are delicious. Thank you again.” Zieda said as she finished chewing. She hadn’t thought of her figure. She had always taken after her father’s side of the family, of being naturally lean, though having her mother’s side height—or lack there of. After a moment of thought the princess asked, “do you usually share with your security detail?”

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:29 am

George Fenwick II has withdrawn his generous offer.
In 2021, Lord President George Fenwick lost re-election and sacked Munkchester. He and his son promptly escaped from community service in Sweden to international waters. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as slavers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Fenwick Foundation.

The Meyarines
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Meyarines » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:56 am

Vysla, Liegalla

Dariano grinned, pleased with himself as he got to his feet,brushing as much of the sand off of his legs as he could manage. He always loved seeing people flustered over him. He inagined it had been quite the same for Zieda when she’d received his present. Dariano followed after the woman, scrambling over the rocks. He huffed a little. The prince was far from out of shape, but he exercised purely for his looks and leisure, not to actually do things like climbing disgusting water swept rocks. He put a fist on his hip as they reached the top of the rocks.

“Actually, I need to get to the palace.”

Jayas Wynters bowed his head. “Thank you, Your Majesty. The Meyarines shall not forget this aid. Nor most certainly, shall I.” With this Wynters backed out of the throne room, going to return to the royal yacht and regroup.

Nishikaigan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nishikaigan » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:24 am

Goldleaf Estate, Missoula, Dakota Prefecture

After getting back from his trip, Matsu would immediately dash up to his room and set about writing a letter to Princess Zieda, having decided to send a few souvenirs from his trip as a gift to her.

________________________________________________________________________________________
To: Princess Zieda of Liegalla,

I certainly hope you've been doing well sense my last message, I just got back from my vacation and wanted to check in and see what's been happening recently.

(OOC: Guess who's back!)
Last edited by Nishikaigan on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FYI, my nation is based on a Japanese Pacific States, not Uruguay or something along those lines
Also, curly fries are delicious and yes I will fight you on that
83.7 on the International Development Index
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█<RJ>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥███████████████████████████████◤
Boat

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:51 am

Vysla, Liegalla

Elinga raised an eyebrow as she turned to look at Dariano. He stood out against the backdrop of the busy seaside street, packed full of merchants, fishermen and others of the lower classes trying their best to sell their wares and goods. While food stuff was the greatest product of Liegalla, in the capital, where they could trade with ease thanks to the harbor, there was more variety, though admittedly not by much.

Most of them were Liegallans, who were on average a fair skinned people with dark brown or black hair and similar colored eyes, wrapped in loose and covered fabric of cotton and linen—Vysla was too warm compared to the rest of the nation were wool and furs were popular. There was a small variety in skin tones and fashions as well however, at least here near the water, where traders from nearby Rogoda came over from across the fifth.

But still Dariano stood out, turning heads.

Elinga shook her head. “You must have hit your head when you washed ashore,” She said with a dismissive laugh. “No one just goes to the palace.”

Queen Guoda rose from her seat on the Dragonfire Throne, returning to her offices where she called upon the head of the palace guard, who he instructed send men out into the city in order to locate the prince who was lost in the city. Sir Marijus Ciapas, the head of the palace guard bowed and went to work, sending out his men to search the city.

No sooner however had the search began for the prince did it begin to trickle through the cracks and dark recesses were the spies of Queen Dowager Brigita could heard. And they soon reported back to their mistress in the dark halls of Vakaru Castle. The former queen smiled as she began to see the start of a plan. Perhaps it would not an army she needed to seize the throne after all. Perhaps all it would take was a prince.

Unbeknownst to neither Prince Dariano nor Queen Guoda, but there was suddenly a race to find the prince in the city, one side seeking to quietly return him to his country men, the other to capture him and deliver him to the black walls Widow’s Cloister.

Mediama
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mediama » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:59 am

Mediaman Provincial Highway Route 10
Mediama

Catherine smiled at Zieda's reaction to her first Johnny Horton's doughnut. It wasn't the first time she saw such a reaction, as not many realized that Mediama's doughnuts could go toe to toe with something like Dunkin' or Krispy Kreame.

Or at least, that's what their neighbors in the Great Lakes say.

"Usually, yes." Catherine replied. "Growing up, every member of the royal family, and to extent every princess who runs to become queen, is usually taught throughout their life of the cost of service to one's own nation. It could be time away from family, personal wealth…”

Catherine paused as she thought of their own situation, “Sometimes one’s own choices and aspirations… even the ultimate sacrifice of one's life in some cases.”

Because of that, it has been somewhat of a tradition for the royal family to treat members of the armed forces, and to the extent our security details, with the upmost care and respect, at least to make up for everything that they sacrifice, and to make the work a lot more pleasant.

We've followed the American doctrine in keeping morale a priority in any military operation, it's usually a good indicator that our logistics are working as intended. That could range from sending care packages made up the citizenry, to providing ice cream no matter where our forces are deployed. That last one might not make sense to anyone outside of the military, but a little ice cream, goes a long way in keeping spirits up."

She picked up a doughnut and took a little bite. "It also helps that they're usually the people you work with day in and day out, so it only makes sense that you get to know them as they know you. People do it all the time, treating co-workers to meals and the like. We may be what the nation unites under, but we like the people to see that we're just as human and just as normal and approachable as they are as well."
Last edited by Mediama on Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:01 pm

To: Prince Elasher of Yeris

I pray that you would not have to turn words of defense into action. I believe myself and my people to see enough violence. I pray that it is the end of it.

You are most correct in your assessment. I do not believe in truth my father ever aspired to the throne, even if perhaps he was likely the best suited of his brothers. I admit that I barely remember the reign of my uncle. Perhaps it was the will of God that the throne called upon him to lead, rather than inheritance. I think his reign shall be a great as my grandfather’s.

An expedition sounds most delightful. I love it. Perhaps it will grow to become a tradition in Liegalla as well, so that we may share in a sense of honorable sport and build up skills of the chivalric kind. It too would indeed make for a great diplomatic affair and mutual cultural exchange, one that would go far in bring our nations closer to one another in my opinion.

I shall be happy to learn some Camelonean dances.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:03 am

Mediaman Pronvincial Highway Route 10
Mediama

Zieda listened to Catherine with a mix of amusement and curiosity as she explained the sentiment around the security detail and the Mediaman royals. As Catherine said the last sentence, the princess laughed, believing her friend to be joking.

“But,” she said with a chuckle, “we aren’t same. We are royals and they are just servants.” There wasn’t any malice in the princess’ words. She said the statement the way one might say that the sun rose in the east and set in the west. “We are exceptional and meant to be set apart from the rest. God crafted us all, but it isn’t as if he made us all equal. He made lions and gazelles, but lions and gazelles are not the same, and a lion can’t live like a gazelle, not vice versa.”

The princess took another bite of her doughnut, savoring the breast treat. As she finished chewing, she continued. “It is the honor of guards to give their lives and bodies to protecting us. And they should know better than to have families and other distractions. One can’t have divided loyalties in such a matter. Without the royal family, the nation would fall apart. Handing how treats seems like a waste, like overindulging a guard dog.”

Camelone
Senator

Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Camelone » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:29 am

Liegalla wrote:

I pray that you would not have to turn words of defense into action. I believe myself and my people to see enough violence. I pray that it is the end of it.

You are most correct in your assessment. I do not believe in truth my father ever aspired to the throne, even if perhaps he was likely the best suited of his brothers. I admit that I barely remember the reign of my uncle. Perhaps it was the will of God that the throne called upon him to lead, rather than inheritance. I think his reign shall be a great as my grandfather’s.

An expedition sounds most delightful. I love it. Perhaps it will grow to become a tradition in Liegalla as well, so that we may share in a sense of honorable sport and build up skills of the chivalric kind. It too would indeed make for a great diplomatic affair and mutual cultural exchange, one that would go far in bring our nations closer to one another in my opinion.

I shall be happy to learn some Camelonean dances.

Elasher read the letter at his table in the apartment in the Royal Armory complex, his mail had been collected earlier in the day and he finally had the opportunity to sort through it and respond. The letter seemed to be a good indication that things were progressing well between himself and Princess Zieda, though from what he has been able to gather through the news and some of his contacts other suitors were making moves as well. His exhibition idea may be his best move to prove himself and endear himself to the princess, the royal family, and the people so he will need to begin preparations immediately. It of course will not be a full tournament but he will have the opening game be there, only a single match though, have the joust of course and the side events of wrestling, running, shooting, and fencing. Perhaps he will need roughly 30 fellow knights for the joust and opening game and slightly more for support staff. With that on his mind he began to pen two letters, the first two Princess Zeida, and the second to Queen Gouda.

To: Princess Zieda Ojeras

The defense and safety of the throne are not exclusively achieved through the use of violence, in fact violence should be used sparingly to secure the throne. The greatest tools to give the throne stability is gaining the loyalty of the estates and provinces, building personal relationships with vassals, and conducting oneself with honor, fairness, and charity so that the balance of power will favor maintaining the status quo over disrupting it through a power grab. I can aid in securing the throne through my conduct and building personal bonds with your vassals through the establishment of chivalric orders, tournaments, and visitations, all things to provide other opportunities to advance socially without threatening the political power or authority of the throne. My blade will be yours as well but may God keep me from the need to bare steel, yet He is sovereign and He will guide us to His glory even if evil and wickedness strive against us.

From what I know of your father I must agree, and it is usually those who do not seek the throne who are best suited for it. High King Bran O'Devlin is a man in my lands history who did not seek the throne, in fact all he had desired for was to marry my ancestor which caused the same war that saw him ascend to the long absent High Kingship at the time, and through his rule lead Camelone to a golden age. I pray that this follows for your land as well, as Saul was removed and David anointed.

Beautiful, I will write to your mother requesting permission for this exhibition, and begin preparations at once. It shall be an excellent time.

I shall include a small book of Camelonean dances with this letter that I am sure you will find interesting. The Vow Dance I believe you will find most interesting.

Once Elasher had finished his first letter he sent it off with instructions to send a book of Camelonean dances to the princess. The one he wanted to highlight was the Vow Dance, this was a dance between a man and a woman who were preparing for marriage and they right hands would be loosely tied together by a ribbon. Once tied the music would start and when the men were singing the man would lead the dance and when the women would sing the woman would lead the dance, the lyrics generally being the vows they would swear to one another, both halting and singing the last unified verse to one another. There were other dances throughout the book, including images to demonstrate them, such as the Sword Sworn dance, a dance that saw men dancing around each other ducking and moving around twirling blades ending in a circle with the men placing their swords on another's shoulder, or the High Shield dance, several platforms held up by the spectators as two dancers tried to outpace the other on unsteady platforms, the loser being the one who fell off or stumbled and was overtaken.

As that as being done the prince turned his attention to writing the letter to Queen Guoda to see if he could get the permission to bring an exhibition to Liegalla. He would most likely have to put a list of the events and the length of the perspective event, he already knew the sponsors who could secure, such as his chapter of the Wild Wolves, a few other knightly orders around Camelone, his sister would sponsor some, and the local bishop would certainly be helpful.

To: Queen Guoda Ojeras

Many greetings and blessings be upon you noble queen. I have been in correspondence with your daughter and the topic of the tournaments I participate was brought up, Princess Zieda expressed interest in attending one and I floated the idea of bringing an exhibition to Liegalla of the chivalric tournaments that occupy an important part in Camelone's culture. I have the ability to acquire a good degree of sponsors, knights, and aspirants who would be happy to participate and fund this exhibition.

For an exhibition I can gather 30 participants, a number necessary for the opening event of Hargadh, as well as the staff to ensure the other events run smoothly. Here is a list of events.
-Hargadh
-Jousting
-Running
-Glima
-Shooting or archery, which ever you feel more comfortable with
-Horse Hargadh

I believe this would be an excellent opportunity for cultural exchange and give your people some good entertainment. If this would work for you what would be a good timeframe to begin this exhibition and where could we host? I pray that this letter finds you well and in good health. God be with you.

Once the last letter was finished the prince went about contacting those parties he believed would be interested through his communication terminal. He knew he could use his chapters resources to help sponsor the exhibition and a few other chapters could provide something, but the other chivalric orders would be more helpful. The Solemn Order of Christian Knights was on board quickly, so to were the Chivalric Brotherhood of the Great Oak, and his Chivalric Order of the Wild Wolf. Three orders would be good enough to gather the men as there would be more than one knight and aspirant from each. It wouldn't be to much trouble as long as he was given the go ahead from Queen Guoda.
In the spirit of John Tombes, American Jacobite with a Byzantine flair for extra spice
I am... the lurker!
Ave Rex Christus!

Pro: The Social Kingship of Christ, Corporatism, Distributism, Yeomanrism, Tradition based Christianity, High Tory, Hierarchy, vanguard republicanism, Blue Laws, House of Wittelsbach, House of Iturbide, House of Kalākaua
Neutral: Constitutions, Guild Socialism, Libertarianism, Constitution Party, monarchism
Against: Communism, socialism, SJWs, materialism, the Democratic Republican Uniparty, material Egalitarianism
Family, Fatherland, Work
Results

Mediama
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mediama » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:58 pm

Mediama

Catherine smiled a little as Zieda laid her thoughts bare. It was interesting to see how the unique nature of an elected monarchy affected her own mindset on how the people should be treated. She had understood that Zieda's monarchy was a traditional monarchy: one of her distant ancestors was annointed by god to lead his people in defense of the Catholic papacy. A royal family within that structure, by logic, should command respect and obedience to one's own people.

It had its benefits of course, the guaranteed support from the Catholic church and the more religious of Liegallan society. The religious nature of Liegalla itself feeding into the idea of the divinity of House Ojeras leading to a unity within the nation akin to modern nationalist movements. Such an idea commanded total obedience from the public at large, ideally, and usually on the day to day, this meant little issue from the people when it came to questioning authority.

At the same time however, Catherine couldn't help but remember the issues with said monarchy.

It commanded great power and responsibility when one was ordained by god to lead a nation, responsability that could be abused.

Case in point: Zieda's late uncle King Vytautas IV.

Mediaman journalists, and MI-6 had been keeping track of the events leading up to King Vytautas' fall through assasination. Though Catherine elected not to look too far into the later given their lack of relevance to her air force duties. Reports told of how he hoarded grain for his oligarchs in a similar fashion Stalin did during the Holodomor. How much of the domestically produced food. while sustainable, was taken away by all the kings men and sold off to distant lands while the people starved.

And that was before they got into the persecution of religious minorities under King Vytautas' rule, and of the political opposition. It was true that such an ordained monarchy garnered support and unity for the nation, but once someone started questioning the legitimacy of said monarchy, heads started to roll, literally and figuratively.

Then there was the stated desire by King Juozas and his family to reach out more globally to the rest of the world. Given how developed the common people were, it wouldn't be long before computers, actual modern computers, and to that end the internet, were introduced to the masses. With the entire knowledge of the world at their fingertips, Zieda's claims of differences between the people and royalty could be snuffed out and questioned at the press of a button.

While that idea may be extreme, and more likely the average Liegallan was more devout enough to not have their faith shaken, if King Juozas, Queen Gouda, and in the future Queen Zieda were not careful in their leadership, led with an iron fist like King Vytautas, they very well might face a repeat in history, on a greater scale with the internet as a factor. Even if they outright banned the internet, this very state visit could lead to military collaboration between Mediama and Liegalla.

That could mean training of Liegallan personnel on Mediaman soil.

Who knew what such exposure to a more constitutional monarchy and to an extent a more secular society could bring to Liegallan society at large once those personnel returned home.

All of this ran around Catherine's mind as she listened to Zieda's explanations of how Liegallan society worked. She took another doughnut.

"In terms of titles and the respect they garner, you're right on that end. The monarchy gives the people a leader to unite around that is unaffected by the politics of parliament." Catherine started. "And ideally yes, a soldier shouldn't have a family given the undue stress it puts on the service member. But we don't live in an ideal world, soldiers could fall in love while in the services and get married, others may enlist even when they are married given they either need the money or they feel a sense of obligation to serve the crown. Things happen as the saying goes.

The only thing we could do in something like that is pay back in kind to their families for their service and loyalty in the crown to prevent such divided loyalty. Which is why morale is such an important matter. It helps as well that our forces are voluntary, instead of being made up of conscripts most enter the services knowing what they signed up for, with or without families, and are more dedicated in their training regardless. It helps that they know that in the long run, the crown would care for them even if they end up retiring or otherwise.

It goes for the people as well. Divine ordaination and right to rule can only get you so far. The people have to know that you have their best interests at heart. And one cannot do that if one only views them as simply servants. As Ghandi once said, 'A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but it's lowest ones.' How you intend to treat the people can determine whether or not your country, and your house can move into a more prosperous future, or if history repeats itself."

Catherine left the bit regarding King Vytautas unsaid, the last thing she wanted to do was drudge up bad memories.

"It may seem like a waste sometimes, but if you treat your people with love and care, it can go a long way in ensuring their loyalty to you. And that includes sitting down with them at meals and talking to them, that includes ensuring that their sons and daughters can make it home if god forbid, we need to send them out to war. That includes making sure that they are happy, well fed, and are well cared for. It's why holding any throne, any crown, any office of leadership, weighs heavily on a person."

She took out her phone from her breast pocket and nodded to it. Giving Zieda a chance to take it, turn it on, and look through it. "And it's technology like this, introduced to not only your nobility, but to the common people, which makes those ideals all the more important."

She still tensed, despite how passionate she was about leadership, she still didn't want to risk offending her new friend, lover, whatever this was. "I'm... I'm sorry if that came across as... well intense. It's just when you work alongside people like that... you tend to feel more invested in their needs... I've already had enough experiences with officers who didn't care for their troops, or politicians who only got to where they were for their own personal benefit rather than to care for their constituants."

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:46 pm

Liegalla wrote:
To: Princess Maja, Duchess of Flecksche

I admit you leak my interest in your description of your bike. Though I can not imagine where we might ride to were the realities of the world might be set aside. This matter, of women in the affectionate embrace of another woman… it is one very broach in conversation in Liegalla. And yet it is one I find bouncing about in my head. How is it that you intend to make Flecksche such a place of haven?

I have not yet decided if I should or not, tell you to stop that is.

To:
    Her Royal Highness, Princess Zieda Ojeras of Liegalla.
    Prinzessin Maja, Herrin von Flecksche.

Mein liebes Drachenmädchen,
I am sorry for this reply taking so long - as we were talking about setting our duties aside for but a moment, mine caught up to me. What exactly happened is of little importance, it is dealt with now, everyone is alive and happy.
It had indeed to do with Flecksche and my plans for it. My idea is to cultivate the idea, that it is not the important part whether or not the person someone loves has the same bits or not, but that there is love. That is, in my opinion, important, but some people tend to disagree... thankfully, my Uncle the Imperator is awaiting the results of this little project, quite a lot on the fence, and so is the Crown Prince. They aided me in bringing some very disgusting people to the justice they deserve.

Let's switch to a happier topic.
They say an image says more then a thousand words. Attached to this letter, you will find an image of me and my bike. She is a Bolpe Coniglietto, produced in 2021 in Culla in Lutetii. A 230 hp liquid cooled 1103 four-stroke engine aluminum monocoque bike, capable of reaching a speed of over 310 kilometres per hour.
Granted, I rarely go close to even 200 km/h, streets in Ridderli are too curvy to do so, but I do not need to, I feel. The great thing about riding a motorcycle recreationally, like I do, is, that one does not need go anywhere fast. The route is the goal, you can (within the confines of the street code) slow down to admire your surroundings, or even make a stop to sit on the guardrail overlooking some nice vista with a water bottle for a few or many minutes.
You might not cling to me affectionately during the ride, but for your dear life! ; )

With a gentle hug,
Prinzessin Maja,
Herrin von Flecksche.

True to my word, there was an image attached to it.
It showed me, a woman with long, black hair bound back into a more or less messy ponytail, my red eyes sparkling. Light skin was smeared with engine oil and other machine fluids, owed to the motorcycle next to me, a black beast of a machine - sharp, aggressive lines, streamlined to aerodynamic perfection.
I held a screwdriver as I glanced to the side to the photographer, who had caught me in a semi-profile, kneeling to the side of the bike. My dark two piece motorcycle suit was currently more a one-piece, mainly due to me having shed the jacket - the almost armoured piece of protective gear was draped over the seat, out of the way from my tinkering. A helmet sat nearby, black with silver decorations, wolf ears standing on it.
I wore but a bikini top and the heavy pants.
Let's leave it at the statement, that said top had a lot to hold. Or Zieda a lot to bury her head in. Whichever view she preferred.
The background was a workshop - and turning it around, to look at the backside of the image, would reveal a small messege: Even dragons need regular checkups! Maja
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Nishikaigan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nishikaigan » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:49 pm

(OOC: I have finally returned!)
FYI, my nation is based on a Japanese Pacific States, not Uruguay or something along those lines
Also, curly fries are delicious and yes I will fight you on that
83.7 on the International Development Index
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█<RJ>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥███████████████████████████████◤
Boat

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:50 am

To: Princess Zieda Ojeras

Princess, I had hoped my previous letter had gotten to you, assuming it has, I don’t wish to pry. Assuming it hasn’t, I wish to see you at least once if a courtship is in the possible future.

Damiano sent the letter off and walked the halls of the estate into the gardens. On a casual stroll, the air was nice today. The sky was clear, the nearby mountain looked beautiful.

“Etinna.” He looked at a nearby bush. He sensed his youngest sister, Etna, behind it. Hearing faint giggles. Walking over to the bush, he saw the white-haired child covering her mouth.

Her eyes were the same as Honorata’s, matching her hair. While not taught in the violent and headstrong manner their father had taught their brothers, the girls were still taught in the feminine warrior way known by their mother. Mostly their deadliness in supposed harmlessness. Misdirection. Stealth. But Etna was too young for those lessons.

Although only six, she did show great aptitude in the family’s Suggestion. It was not a supernatural ability, even if some thought so. It was merely the honing the combination of one’s mental and physical will to influence others. Not a skill heavily touted by the likes of Corrado and Dominatus, as it was considered a roundabout and feminine way of dealing with something otherwise dealt by physical force, they knew it well enough for it to work on an average person. Damiano found great use in it however.

Reaching to grab his sistee, their eyes locked. “Stop!” she shouted.

A cold chill went over Damiano, only an instant, but it was enough. He shook his head and smiled “You’re getting good. It’s starting to work on me. ” he grabbed her by the scruff of her shirt and carried her, her head laying on his shoulder. “At your age none of us were that good, even Honorata.”

“You’re getting married.”

“No…not yet.” he corrected, sighing.

“Will she live here?”

“Not exactly. I’d be going over there.”

“Why?” she asked, her tone slightly saddened.

“Because, Etinna, I’d just have to. She’s a Princess. They need someone and I think I have a good shot. Plus, it’d beat here, hopefully.”

“Can we go with you?”

“Ye-“ he thought about it for a second before amending his answer “You can visit any time you want. Except maybe father.”

Awesome Imperium
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Awesome Imperium » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:22 am

The Imperial Treasure Fleet had been sailing for about 4 weeks now the crew tired and wary of traveling to this distant land. Prince Marcus de Caesarea had ordered some of his personal treasure gained from trade ventures and gifts from foreigners to be loaded onto ships of the Imperial Treasure Fleet which had set sail from the Atlantic Coast of Imperia with the ship’s cargo bays laden with riches. The Convoy consisted of 40 vessels, the 10 treasure ships, 10 ships for the land convoy and transports, 5 personnel transports for the Prince’s representatives, and 15 Escorts of the 178th Atlantic Naval Squadron of the Imperamarina (Imperial Navy). The Fleet itself was supposed to be a grand display of the Princes interest in the Princess and a coastal city not too far from the capital would be the point of disembarkment where a convoy of close to 60 armored vehicles was to drive from the point of dismemberment to the Capital City.

Captain-Prefect Gervasio di Angelo was in the command center of the KIMNS Gloria Nostra, a Amphitrite class cruiser. 4 generations of his family were in the Imperial Armed Forces and was selected personally by the Prince to lead his Representatives. He remembered fondly the years as Armed Mates in the Imperial Marines before his promotion and transfer to the Regular Fleet as a Captain.

a Captain 1rst Class (Regular Captain without higher posting and pay raise), escorted by 2 Armed Mates (Lance Corporals, Imperial Marines) approached the Captain-Prefect (Captain with higher posting and sometimes higher pay). Giving a short salute before standing to attention.

"Kapitan, we are 100 nautical miles from shore at a speed of 35 knots, expected time till Disembarkment is 4 hours and the Forward Security Team is preparing for disembarkment."

"Good, notify Local and National Securities and have this letter sent to the Liegallan Princess a bit ahead of the rest fo the convoy, it is of highest importance that the letter reach her first by orders of the Archduke of Italia."

"Si, Kapitan."
His Imperial Highness, the Archduke of Italia, Prince Marcus de Kaisaris

Pro te mea Amore.

Disembarkment

Messages were relayed to Local Authorities and the National Government of the reception of a Delegation of Diplomatic Representatives from Imperia and the Kingdoms of Greece and of Italia, sent to present Gifts to the Crown Princess and Royal Family of Liegalla. Armored Security Vehicles were the first to disembark with Security Personnel and Support Technicians who would then assist on landing the transport vehicles and remaining escorts. The Dismemberment site was filled with activity with the last of the ground vehicles disembarked and the Treasure being loaded from the Ships onto the Transport Vehicles. At last after about 2 hours of work at a rapid pace and a tight schedule, the Large Armored Convoy left the Dismemberment sight for the Liegallan Capital, the Banners of Imperia and the Prince being displayed on the Vanguard and Rear-Guard vehicles.

Palace Arrival

Upon Arrival at the Palace, the Convoy would stop at security posts and request assistance from Palace staff and also request the delivery of the letter to the Princess and a further message requesting an audience with the Liegallan Royal Family to present the Gifts from the Prince. Work started with the treasure being unloaded with Golden Plates being unloaded first and then plated with crimson cloth upon which the treasures would be presented upon. The gesture was one formulated to impress, shock, and awe and although the letter the Prince said was short, he hoped his gift would show his interest in the Liegallan Princess, Words are sometimes nothing if not followed by action.
Last edited by Awesome Imperium on Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Settentrionalia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Settentrionalia » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:31 am

Nation: The kingdom of koncioni (Settentrionalian protectorate)
Government: Constitutional monarchy
Monarch: his great emperor Rick I

Suitor’s Name: John II of Setania village
Suitor’s Style: his excellent majesty
Suitor’s Full Title: His excellent majesty John II of setania village
Secondary titles (optional): His excellency ruler of Setania’s lighthouse
Peerages/Appanages (optional): 2000$ & a coupon for a box of free donuts
House (Dynasty) Name: The Freeman’s dynasty
Father’s Name: Charlie freeman
Mother’s Name: Maria freeman
Position in line of succession (if applicable): 3rd in line
Relation to Monarch: the monarch is the suitor’s uncle
Pedigree: what does it mean???
Suitor’s Age: 19
Languages Spoken: English, seetrent and is willing to learn liegallan
Education: started from kindergarten and finished in linguistic high school
Coat of Arms (image or description): find in related factbook
Appearance (image or description): find in related factbook
Personality: He is very kind and acculturated, he likes computers and playing tennis, he can make everyone laugh with his words
Biography: ”My name is John, I am a world wide known member of the royal freeman’s dynasty as I helped building the Setania’s lighthouse and I have a wepodcasts channel with over 200.000 subscribers, I am humble, kind, and smart, i believe in the honors of family and freedom.”

Factbook about Koncioni: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1901739

Yeah….. so the whole sense of the story is that the freeman’s dynasty is just a joke to try to import western progressivism to a medieval absolute monarchy, the freeman’s already know they won’t get the title, in fact they would be surprised if you accepted John, so I hope you had a laugh or a chuckle out of this, it took me a lot of time to make that factbook.

The Meyarines
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Meyarines » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:13 am

Prince Dariano scoffed at Elinga’s statement. No, perhaps she could not just go to the palace, but he was the son of a king. And he would not let his complicated state of present deter him from his mission. Yes, perhaps it had not been the me at defined mission when he had set out on it, but he was on it now and would not he halted.

“I am a prince of the Meyarines,” Dariano said, as if this were obvious and thus meant him capable of any task he set his mind to. He looked about, setting is eyes on the palace walls that rose up from the sky line. “I shall go myself, if I must,” though the idea of trudging through the city— like a filthy commoner— caused his nose to wrinkle with disgust.

In the harbor of Vysla, from the deck of the royal yacht, Jayas Wynters watched with interest and amazing at the arrival of the great treasure fleet, longed discussed amongst everyone watching the competition of princes for the hands of the princess of Liegalla, in the port. It was grander than he had imagined, though he had been told it was a fleet of forty ships.

The sight made Wynters scoff at the foolishness of his own prince. While the brides of the King and Crown Prince, Queen Adela and Crown Princess could from their illustrious and wealthy families coukd match— and in the case of the younger perhaps even outdo— the wealth of Prince Marcus, Dariano himself was not possessed of such a fortune. And Wynters was not convinced that seduction alone could win him a crown.

Had it been a matter up to King Jayas, the decision would have been clear, the one with a treasure would win the hand. But then it was not the king of the Meyarines’ decision to make, and Wynters pondered what would drive the princess in her selection. If she was possessed to follow her heart over logic, perhaps she was as foolish as Dariano. In which case they may a perfect, if concerning match.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:41 am

To: Duke Matsu of Montana

It is good to hear of your return from your vacation. I hope that it was quite enjoyable fo you, as I know it has been a great deal of time since the last of our correspondence, in that time I suppose much had happened. Though your star has dimmed, I admit, and my grandmother’s fears have not relented on your being and the sentiments held by Liegallans, particularly as more and more refugees from the north arrive in the capital, I have not yet entirely forgotten you.

I quite like your assessment of how to both improve the power and secure the stability of the throne. It is a matter I believe has oft been neglected in the minds of my ancestor, seeking to simply hold it, and not considering the matters that come next and the responsibilities tied to it. It should not, I think, be the history of nor future of Liegalla that we are granted peace only when there is a particular exceptional and strong leader.

Your words of the establishing of chivalric orders, tournaments, and visitations all speak to me in order to establish finally a sense of order to how we operate. That I believe is the future I seek for my country and the Ojeras dynasty. I too pray of not having to raise a blade, though it brings me comfort in knowing I may have yours to strike down the wicked of the world.

To: Maja, Duchess of Flecksche

I do find myself torn in how I think I may wish to lead. As I turn more towards God, I find himself wondering if I am sinner in my core, for I find myself increasingly tempted by desires all my life I have been matters best locked away. And yet seeing how so different the world acts, I at once fear what such changes could pose to Liegalla and her people. To improve but to sustain my House is my duty, and one I increasingly see the great scope.

My face burns with such things I receive of you, and I admit the motorcycle you write of in a matter lost to me when I view your image. If I could spew the heat I feel in my face and that runs in my veins at such things, I would indeed being a dragon breathing columns of flames. I still find it odd, this matter of women wearing trousers, though I suppose in recent, amongst my sighting of it, I grow to appreciate it. If not for myself.

To: Viceroy Hansel II of Habsburg-Hohenzollern

Your Excellency, while your interest in the hand of my daughter is admirable, I do believe it is time to close this chapter. You seem quite a good gentleman, and I shall wish you luck in your future pursuits.

Thus with a stroke, Queen Guoda struck another name from the list of suitors for the hand of her daughter.

Official Bulletin of the Palace
Suitors for the hand of Princess Zieda Ojeras

1. Duke Matsu of Montana
2. Prince Dariano of the Meyarines
3. Prince Marcus de Caesaris
4. Prince Elasher of Yeris
5. Lord High Baron Damiano di Predosa
6. Prince Rupert of the Kaotlands

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:05 am

Mediama

Zieda listened to Catherine, chewing the last of her doughnut as she did so. It was, in truth, difficult for her to entirely wrap her head around. Not so for the Queen Mother, who, while faining continued interest in conversation with the Queen of Mediama and engaging, listened carefully to Princess Catherine. The opening up if Liegalla was indeed a matter that the Queen Mother felt her daughter-in-law had failed to consider and prepare for, herself and for her daughter.

Indeed, though most didn’t realize it, things in Liegalla hadn’t much improve since Vytautas IV’s death. Yes, executions had lessened and the mindless torture of those who happened to displease the king had stopped, but the lives of the average person hadn’t much changed. Indeed, in the case for many, such as those in the capital, things had gotten worse. The tentative steps to try and work with, and then correspondingly defend against the realities of the international market place was quietly but steadily sending their economy into a free fall.

The fact that the Liegallan economy was already little reported on was alone the reason there wasn’t panic. The commonfolk, thank heavens, simply didn’t realize how poor things were. A situation made only worse by the influx of refugees from Rzhev, despite the reconstruction efforts and humanitarian assistance. Queen Mother Jurgita herself considered the princess’ words. What would the veil being pulled from the eyes of their people reveal? Particularly if it happened suddenly and without proper preparation.

Zieda held the phone. Studied it. Phones, hand held ones were rarities in Liegalla. Indeed phones at all were a rarity. The palace and a few select buildings of government importance of military service had them alone. The Princess knew if such phone, but like much, it came to her slowing in an exotic manner. But it was not curiosity that crossed her face as she looked over the phone. Paired with Catherine’s words, it was concern, and, flashing in her purple eyes, disgust.

“Then perhaps,” Zieda said after a long quiet moment, handing the device back to Catherine, its screen reduced to a black mirror, “it is best they do not all receive such things. The crown is heavy enough, it does not need to be questioned.”

At this the Queen Mother turned to look at her granddaughter and for a moment in her she did not see the princess, but the spirit of her late husband, King Juozas I. And dread filled in the elderly woman’s chest.

Settentrionalia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Settentrionalia » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:12 am

It appears that the princess was so amazed by the royal Freeman’s family that she didn’t have words to say about our suitor 8)

P.S.: i was able to confirm that she didn’t even look at Koncioni’s factbook so the informations alone must have amazed her, this clearly shows that the Freeman’s dynasty has already won this proposals 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by Settentrionalia on Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liegalla
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Liegalla » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:10 am

Vysla, Liegalla

To: Prince John of Setania

While we are honored by your wish to pursue the hand of my daughter, a match between you and her I am afraid is not possible, on account of the already limited number of suitors my daughter considers amongst her courtship. It is nevertheless hoped that you find happiness in your other future pursuits.

Queen Guoda had just sent off the letter to Prince John, when she was informed of the much anticipated arrival of the treasure fleet of Prince Marcus. She quickly made her way to the throne room.

The arrival of Prince Marcus’ treasure fleet was no small matter. Never before had such a large fleet ever appeared off the shores of Liegalla, and never had such treasures heron delivered to the capital. It spark a mad rush towards the convoy as it made its way to the palace has hundreds, then thousands and then tens of thousands of people rushed to catch sight of it. There was such excitement that the entire city seemed abuzzed.

Such was this excitement that the palace guards who had been tasked with finding the wayward Prince Dariano, had to be reassigned as to ensure the crowds did not turned to riot, which seemed quite the possibility. With such wealth being passed through the streets of the capital, and many having heard rumors and tales of the size of the treasure and even the distribution of the gold that had arrived, people ran and pushed and shoved in hopes of being the first.

It was in this situation that two men, Morcas and Bronas, amongst the spies of the hidden Queen Dowager Brigita spotted their quarry. What a windfall they had. Hearing the prince proclaim himself precisely who they sought for, only for it to see be drowned out as people everyone rushed to spot the treasure convoy, the two sprung into action. They came up behind Elinga and the prince swiftly, their movements hidden by the rush of people.

Bronas struck first, seizing the prince and clamping a heavy hand over his mouth as to keep him from yelling out. He wrapped a large arm around the royal and lifted him up and dashed off to a nearby alleyway.

It was much worse for Elinga. The young woman opened her mouth to cry out, only to find no sound coming out as Marcas opened her throat. She had only the time to look down at the bloodily gash before collapsing, dead before she hit the ground. So frenzied was the rush to see the treasure of Prince Marcus that none noticed Elinga, even as they trampled her body.

In the alleyway, Morcas joined his fellow roughen, and using the ropes snatched from the crabcatcher’s daughter, bound and gagged the the Meyarino royal and in the shadows of the distracted city, made their way to Vakaru Castle.

Queen Dowager Gintare all but threw open the palace gates for the envoys of Prince Marcus herself. The Queen Dowager had longed awaited the arrival of the famed treasure fleet. Eager to see the gifts of the suitor made to fill the royal coffers, and even more to get her granddaughter to Mary the wealthy prince. Prince Marcus could be a malformed hunchback, and the Queen dowager would still recommend him for her granddaughters. Wealth was what they needed.

The gates were opened and the palace safe began aiding in the unloading of the treasures as a pair of guards in the red and gold livery of House Ojeras escorted the envoys to the throne room, their audience granted. The greeting of the envoys was not as grand for the envoys of the prince as it had been for Prince Jean-Luc, Queen Guoda had no interest in walking that road again. She seated the Dragonfire Throne, her mother at her side, a bright smile on the older woman’s aged face, and that wound have to prove enough.

Imperial Haiti
Attaché

Founded: Jul 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Haiti » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:19 pm

Liegalla wrote:Vysla, Liegalla

To: Prince John of Setania

While we are honored by your wish to pursue the hand of my daughter, a match between you and her I am afraid is not possible, on account of the already limited number of suitors my daughter considers amongst her courtship. It is nevertheless hoped that you find happiness in your other future pursuits.

Queen Guoda had just sent off the letter to Prince John, when she was informed of the much anticipated arrival of the treasure fleet of Prince Marcus. She quickly made her way to the throne room.

The arrival of Prince Marcus’ treasure fleet was no small matter. Never before had such a large fleet ever appeared off the shores of Liegalla, and never had such treasures heron delivered to the capital. It spark a mad rush towards the convoy as it made its way to the palace has hundreds, then thousands and then tens of thousands of people rushed to catch sight of it. There was such excitement that the entire city seemed abuzzed.

Such was this excitement that the palace guards who had been tasked with finding the wayward Prince Dariano, had to be reassigned as to ensure the crowds did not turned to riot, which seemed quite the possibility. With such wealth being passed through the streets of the capital, and many having heard rumors and tales of the size of the treasure and even the distribution of the gold that had arrived, people ran and pushed and shoved in hopes of being the first.

It was in this situation that two men, Morcas and Bronas, amongst the spies of the hidden Queen Dowager Brigita spotted their quarry. What a windfall they had. Hearing the prince proclaim himself precisely who they sought for, only for it to see be drowned out as people everyone rushed to spot the treasure convoy, the two sprung into action. They came up behind Elinga and the prince swiftly, their movements hidden by the rush of people.

Bronas struck first, seizing the prince and clamping a heavy hand over his mouth as to keep him from yelling out. He wrapped a large arm around the royal and lifted him up and dashed off to a nearby alleyway.

It was much worse for Elinga. The young woman opened her mouth to cry out, only to find no sound coming out as Marcas opened her throat. She had only the time to look down at the bloodily gash before collapsing, dead before she hit the ground. So frenzied was the rush to see the treasure of Prince Marcus that none noticed Elinga, even as they trampled her body.

In the alleyway, Morcas joined his fellow roughen, and using the ropes snatched from the crabcatcher’s daughter, bound and gagged the the Meyarino royal and in the shadows of the distracted city, made their way to Vakaru Castle.

Queen Dowager Gintare all but threw open the palace gates for the envoys of Prince Marcus herself. The Queen Dowager had longed awaited the arrival of the famed treasure fleet. Eager to see the gifts of the suitor made to fill the royal coffers, and even more to get her granddaughter to Mary the wealthy prince. Prince Marcus could be a malformed hunchback, and the Queen dowager would still recommend him for her granddaughters. Wealth was what they needed.

The gates were opened and the palace safe began aiding in the unloading of the treasures as a pair of guards in the red and gold livery of House Ojeras escorted the envoys to the throne room, their audience granted. The greeting of the envoys was not as grand for the envoys of the prince as it had been for Prince Jean-Luc, Queen Guoda had no interest in walking that road again. She seated the Dragonfire Throne, her mother at her side, a bright smile on the older woman’s aged face, and that wound have to prove enough.

Given that it seems to be no suitor adequate enough for the princess, I wonder if my nation could present another candidate.

Mediama
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mediama » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:28 pm

Mediama

Suddenly the room felt like it became significantly colder. And for a moment Catherine felt shocked that Zieda would consider such a thing. It only took a few beats for her to reply.

"And what will you do then? When someone does start to question the crown? Because questions like these aren't a matter of if, but when. Because whether or not you decide to institute a ban on technology isn't going to matter if you've decided to open up to the world. Sales of the very thing you want to ban would only be taken to the underground, through avenues such as the black market.

And it wouldn't stop there. The people, whether or not they have access to the internet, or even a newspaper, will start to notice of their situation is worsening under your rule. What do you think will happen if the people see economic downturn and see no end in sight? Or if they see the stark contrasts between the tourists that visit them, and their own situation? Or, if this visit goes well, your very troops start training here and see the differences between Mediama and Liegalla? Because I can assure you we have days dedicated to rest as well: weekend liberty to go out on the town and Sundays off for religious services."

Catherine shook her head, "Regardless of what you do Zieda, the people will find a way to circumvent bans, and the results could be deadly if again, you rule with an iron fist. There's a saying attributed to Queen Marie-Atoinette when she heard of her starving countrymen: 'Let them eat cake.' Though that wasn't what she said to the t, that sentiment led to the overthrow of a monarchy and the subsequent and literal death of the royal family.

Hell, if you want a more current example, Mediama's currently assessing a small island nation called Hintuwan given they are under threat of a communist insurrection, because of high corruption from the government, and large wealth gaps between the classes.

The reason we're getting involved is because the very idea of communism calls for the abolition of social classes, of religion, of private property, all for the collective benefit of the worker. This means outright murder of the landowners and in your case, the monarchy. They claim it's 'to get rid of the tyranny of the wealthy capitalists' but in the end they just replace one dictator with another, kill thier opposition, and starve and abuse their people for their own personal benefit. The very ideas they espouse are antithetical to human rights.

And the kicker is for the most part, their propaganda apparatus isn't entirely within the internet as well, it's through newspapers and propaganda leaflets and through political indoctrination both in campuses and abroad in nations that want to push that ideology. Again, the people will find a way around such bans.

You've already seen what happens when a leader does not care for their people Zieda. Closing off the country to ensure that your house survives is the wrong way to go about it. What would you do when a more developed nation comes knocking on your door, wanting to take your land and enslave your people? What would you do if your nation becomes poorer because they can't keep up with other more industrialized nations?

Your father made the right call in taking the first steps on the world stage. But that will mean that the workforce needs to be educated to effectively take advantage of the technologies given to them and make the country prosper. Farming, for instance, has come a long way in the past century, we've developed seeds that could weather any climate and can grow so abundantly to feed us and our livestock that our country's currently facing an obesity epidemic rather than a famine.

We've developed production lines that have made what used to be expensive items like cars and the like cheaper for the masses. We've launched people and things into space that could provide us with more accurate maps to travel more efficiently accross the world, to communicate quickly and reliably.

All of that requires the common man to know a lot more than they do now, and with the introduction of technology, your people will have more free time. Free time they will use to be more attentive to what is going on at home, to what your government is doing."

Catherine shook her head, "With all due respect Zieda, the best course of action here is to embrace these changes, and simply accept that with your ascention to the throne, in this day and age, you will need to be more vigilant and more dutiful to your people. It'll be far simpler to do so than to create an enforcement system to crack down on everything."

She nodded to wherever Zieda would keep a rosary. "Besides, the bible calls for one to love and care thy neighbor as one would to oneself does it not? The former does not have to be literal, but rather that you care for them as you would yourself, you wouldn't want you or your sister to starve in poverty, so why would you want someone else to? You love them enough to want the best from them, not to literally love them if it comes to that.

A leader needs to listen to their people, yes technology could make them question the crown easier, but at the same time, you can use that technology to listen to their needs, address them. You could be more responsive to them, communicate directly to them, all without leaving the palace. It is for that reason why the people would expect more from you."

"She's right in that regard." Queen Williams II decided to chime in. Just as the Queen mother had divided her attention to the coversation between Catherine and her granddaughter, so to did Queen Williams did for her daughter. "I may not hold the same power that Liegallan Royalty holds, but I still have sway within Parliament, I set the direction for where our government heads to, and represent them on the world stage.

What I do in parliament is partially influenced by my personal beliefs, sure, but they are also influenced by the sentiments of the people. As you will see, Mediama is a very large, open country. With technology, I can now easily see their sentiments through the screen of a phone, in real-time. I can travel what would usually be a month-long trip to a neighboring province in a matter of hours. Go to the people directly and talk to them, listen to them.

In fact, one of the things a candidate for Prime Minister does here is go on a tour of the whole nation to gauge the political issues their party needs to respond to. Usually that would be taxes and gas prices." She smirked jokingly. "But it is these advances in technology which help amplify, rather than hinder the rule of the crown."

She sighed. "Yes, the weight of the crown is a significant one, but one does not expect to bear the brunt of the weight alone. It is through the aid of friends, of ministers, of your future beloved, of the very people you rule, that help sustain that weight, and bring everyone into a brighter future."

Catherine gently took Zieda's hand into hers, "Trust me when I say this love, the last thing any of us want is for you to meet a tragic end."
Last edited by Mediama on Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates