NATION

PASSWORD

3rd ICON Security Council Session (Closed/ICON members only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sombreland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sombreland » Tue May 30, 2023 7:38 am

Count Caron, returning from the recess, noted Ambassador McNally’s words. Unlike Prince Wilan de Hulfe, who was quietly observing to this that women could not just accept policy decisions but had to go yammering on about them till they all felt the same way or something, Count Caron recognized that the foreigners from more liberal nations were anxious to have their values appreciated. Personally, he thought this to be foolish; Sombreland was not trying to impose values such as Harmony or a decent caste system on others, but was restrained, as civilized persons needed to be in international affairs.

However, what he said to McNally, courteously, was, “Madam Ambassador, I would recommend, then, that you support Ambassador Perigord-Talleyrand in presenting a general standard of humanitarian conduct that ICON can adopt. In the present circumstances, as she has pointed out, it would be unjust to impose a standard only after it has been developed. Right now, there is no means by which we can judge the Masculists on their practices or ideology. Therefore, it is my recommendation that a draft of such stsndards be prepared.”

To the body as a whole, he said, “Well, I have been informed through General Ironwood, who commands ICON forces in North America, that Boston has fallen. While pockets of resistance remain, I believe that the majority of forces there will become an occupation force. This is glorious good news, and yet it leaves us with a few problems.

“Now: Ambassador Gill had brought up a plan for how occupation and establishment of responsible government to replace the former regime should go. I would appreciate having the following questions answered, and will have General-Admiral Arimey’s office forward them to us along with any other sources of information.

“1. What is the standard state of being of the average person in America? Do they have electricity? Clean water and regular food sources? Can they resume peaceful occupations readily?

2. Can local government be restored readily, in terms of day to day law and order, schooling for children, hospital services, and so on? To what extent can pre-coup government be restored locally? How much of this was taken over by Masculists?

3. Can regional commerce be readily restored? Can industrial and agriculture be readily restored? If not, what regional trade can be reactivated?

4. How many Masculist ILA forces have surrendered? Is there a reasonable expectation that they can be returned to peacetime life without compromising the peace we are trying to establish?”

He looked up from a paper he was reading from. “I believe, dear friends, that we must have answers to these questions before we can proceed. The Tribunsl has their work, the Assembly has theirs, we have ours.”

Darlingtown
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Darlingtown » Tue May 30, 2023 8:07 am

SACHI began to panic as the room suddenly took a turn against her. The walls were now beginning to close in, and ultimatums were being made to force the issue. She had to do something, say something in response, but struggled to find the right words for what felt like an eternity to her.

- SACHI -

"I....see.

Ambassador McNally, like I explained earlier the issue is that this situation has been rushed without the proper structures having been first created. No one, for months now, has submitted a request to discuss these things in the Assembly. It is only now, when trying to force the issue will create serious problems, that any interest has arisen from any party in this alliance. Perhaps the Masculists will serve as a wake-up call to discuss such things? I do not know. But rushing into this for idealism sake will be an unmitigated disaster. Of that I am certain.

The discussion of creating a definition of 'crimes against humanity' will be brought to the Assembly with expediency, of that I have already promised. I am completely for us figuring such things out in council with our other members. But forcing this issue and hastily throwing together a definition for such things is a grave and terrible thing. Darlingtown cannot ever support rushing such a thing, no matter how 'just' the cause may seem.

Should the discussion of human rights be done in a manner that betrays its gravity, Darlingtown will necessarily need to reevaluate its position here in this alliance. This alliance is not a banner from which nations may launch holy crusades on other nations. If we wish to define it as such, perfect. You may submit a draft to the Assembly. But we cannot and will not permit the circumvention of due process in this council. Even if one believes the timescale is urgent.

I do recommend the Saescian government reevaluate it's commitments here, but insofar as determining whether or not it should continue to make threats to this council over unrealistic idealistic goals that have been formulated in a vacuum and cannot be carried out without undermining the entire legal structure of this alliance.

Charges of crimes against humanity are not possible at this time without serious damage to everything we have built and represent a threat to the continuation of this alliance. And, may I remind everyone that the Security Council's job is to 'duscuss matters pertaining to the security of the International Coalition of Nations' as per the Charter. A threat to the stability and security of this alliance cannot be permitted by the council without fundamentally undermining its purpose.

So no, for a well established variety of reasons Darlingtown cannot and will not permit such a needless risk to this alliance to pass for the sake of blind idealism. If you have a way to resolve the issues laid out, I am open to hear them. But until then, our stance remains firm on the matter."

For the moment, SACHI ignored the Secretary-General's attempt to move the conversation along. She felt compelled to prove her point and finish the fight, both out of stubbornness and fear. If Saescia and Europe had their way, she'd find herself in court no doubt, and not as a Tribune...
>> SIGN INTO SACHI-OS <<
A very early Post-Modern Tech arcology in Antarctica under the complete control of a crazy AI loving virtual companion.
d-(~◡Ơ )o
Darlingtown is not representative of my beliefs, political or otherwise.
Might be Gongsi Yitanka JUST SACHI.

Europe a Nation
Envoy

Founded: Mar 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europe a Nation » Tue May 30, 2023 8:08 am

ICON Security Council vote to
EXCLUDE crimes against humanity from the planned Tribunal.

+ ANAGONIA
- AZURA
+ DARLINGROWN
x EUROPE A NATION
- JANPIA
+ MERIDON
x NEO-KOREA
+ SOMBRELAND

+ - IN FAVOUR: 4--- - - AGAINST: 2 ---x-ABSTENTION: 2

Last edited by Europe a Nation on Tue May 30, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE LIVE IN A PERIOD

The Commonwealth of Europe/Eulabia
EMBASSY PROGRAMME | FOREIGN OFFICE
Yes I love Mosley
No Europe a Nation is NOT a fascist nation

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:18 pm

ImageImageImage

Hall of the Security Council, Outer Liberty, Anagonia, Esvanovia
3rd Session of the Security Cpuncil - International Coalition of Nations

The special circumstances in which the Evenguard now found itself was an unusual predicament for one Aurelius S. Avallone, Azura’s minister plenipotentiary to the International Coalition of Nations Security Council and diplomatic partner of Niccolò Franco Alvize Vi Candreva-Volta who was serving Azura’s interests in the Assembly. As a permanent, non-voting member of the Security Council, Azura’s seat was likely attributed to the unusual timing of its entrance right after the departure of the Saescians from the Coalition. Having a voice at the table without the immense pressure of needing to vote would be fine for the pragmatic Lorist regime in Raevenna, though Aurelius could only surmise what the reaction from the National Congregation would be when learning of the procedural nature of Azura’s membership on the Security Council. There would likely be some cantankerous old codgers who felt that Azura would have been better off biding its time to run for election in the group, but their opinion was at odds with the laissez-faire approach of the government in Raevenna.

No matter, what was done was done, and it was time move forward. As a non-voting member of the Council, Azura was actually free to act with impunity towards it knowing that there would be no vote to cause hurt feelings or diplomatic slights. It had evolved in earnest over the preceding twenty-four hours, which was shortly after Avallone had been notified of his new posting. Things were fluid and ever-changing, but for the moment at least, there was a positive trajection on matters for the first time in a hot minute. Dealing with the abdication of the Saescians on the Security Council – and from the International Coalition of Nations as a whole – would definitely put the spotlight on a newcomer to the table like the Azurans, which meant that Avallone and his diplomatic team would need to be on the ball more than ever. But this is what he had trained for, what he lived for: the challenge of turning doubters into believers and making the most out of difficult situations. In any event, it would ensure that things in the Evenguard would remain on the forefront of minds.

“Ladies and gentlemen, assembled representatives of the International Coalition of Nations Security Council: my name is Aurelius Avallone, minister plenipotentiary to the Security Council from the Evenguard of Azura. Allow me to be candid; the lack of decorum shown by the Glorious Dominion of Saescia in the Assembly, leading to their self-imposed exile from ICON has been a great disturbance among the member-states, which does not necessarily lend itself to making a good first impression as a new state entering the fray so soon after the departure of another, more experienced member of the Coalition. Allow me to allay your fears and ensure you that the Evenguard of Azura comes to the table not to impose its will on the collective, but to merely add its voice of counsel to it. We in the Evenguard are apprised of the ongoing situation regarding the Masculinist threat in North America and the impending nature of the trials which must surely come to pass. It is our intention to represent the best possible character in these discussions to come. We cordially thank you.”
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Previous

Return to NationStates