NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 106 | Buaka, South Batoko | IC

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Metras
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 08, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Metras » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:04 pm

Withdrawn
Last edited by Metras on Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toluiwa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 31, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Toluiwa » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:33 pm

24 - TOLUIWA
Alia Hamzah ft. Jordi Pam - Madu Lelaki

Music : Jordi Pam, Rinto Arshad
Lyric : Alia Hamzah, Leila Nurhida

Title translation: Male Honey
Language: Pemecutan Malay, English
Tune: Jebung ft. Basboi - Indo Black Magic

Background

Toluiwa, it is definitely an odd name in WVSC and other renown song competitions. This because the country have just started to involved in singing competition world. Tempted by the success of their neighbors especially Cakranegara, the country decided to put their luck into the competition. And it is a coincidence that they choose WorldVision as their debut performance. The country is represent by their public broadcaster, TNT, stand for Televise Nasional Toluiwa.

Toluiwan music industry is rather huge compare to other entertainment industry branches. Only television that have a higher share than them. Although their musics are more develop by indie label rather than big recording companies. But the musicians still get a huge exposure. Their music however have never pass beyond the country itself. Well, there are several artists that had release their albums or singles outside the country but it is not much. They are still overshadowed by Cakranegara whose even have break Pemecutan music industry. But that's also caused by another factor, the historical closeness between the two countries. And now Toluiwa wants to reached the same feet. They wants their artists and music's to be known worldwide. And by entering WVSC, they hope that their dream will come true.

Pop and pop ethnic are two most popular genre in the country. But recently, many other genres have surfaced. And the country's entry selected is in resonance with the rise of other genre in the country. The song, Madu Lelaki is a mixed of RnB and rap with some ethnic touch. This kind of song is something new in the country. But it seems to be gaining popularity in a very fast rate. Written by Alia Hamzah and Leila Nurhida, it is tell a story of a women who remind his friend to be careful of his cheated boyfriend. But the friend is already blinded by her love to the boy that she can't accept the women's story. Alia told the press that the lyric was inspire by her own story which involving her friend too. While the duet with Jordi Pam is something that she have planned before. And it only came true in this song.

Alia Hamzah (left) and Jordi Pam (right)

Born 21 years ago in Woha, Alia Hamzah have been introduce to music and singing since early age. Her mother, who is a singing coach encourage her to learn to sing. Curious with her own ability, she attend vocal course from the age of 6. And at the age of 8, she had started to competed in various local singing competitions. But she never win. She was also had try to enter an idol-like singing competition in the country but she failed to qualify. Disappointed by her bad luck, she turn to internet to show her ability. She started to share some of her singing videos while covering other songs. She use TokTok platform as her channel based. Her cover video gone viral in an instant. This success make her more enthusiast to make other videos. After her second cover song, she was offer to collaborated with other singers. Until she was confident enough to create and release her own song, Potatoes. The song was about her loved of potato chips. Some comments said the lyric of the song was unique. While there's also some negative comments about it. She was getting an offer from recording company but she was refuse the offer. She stated that she wants the liberty to create her own song and she feels that being under a record label would limit her freedom of creation. Today, she has migrated her official platform to WhoTube but she still maintain her TokTok account to share short video.

Jordan Patrisius Alexis Mahendra or more known as Jordi Pam. The 25 years old singer and songwriter who was born in Dompo was attracted to music in his middle school years. He has a hobby to make poem and loved to do poem musicality. From this hobby, Jordan started to learn singing. He was getting more serious in singing by founded a music band with his friends during high school. The band had performed several times from school to school. Entering college, the band was disband as each member focusing on their study. But Jordi decided to release a mini album consist of 4 songs who he wrote himself. Here, he started to use his stage name, Jordi Pam which is the shorten form of his real name. The album was a commercial failure. But he was contacted by a talent agent who offered him a record contract. He immediately agree. He think that he can reached more audience if he is becoming part of the industry. Under the record label, he release her first album, The Adult of Me which contain 9 songs. Some of which were written by himself. He was also collaborated with other singers. One of them is in this song.

Performance

The time is getting closer for Toluiwan representatives to perform for the first time in WVSC stage. Performer from Waisnor has giving their light goodbye to the audience and heading back to the backstage. Alia and Jordi hold hands together as their time is here. The postcard of Toluiwa is displayed on the LED. Not much reaction is coming from the audience. Maybe it is because they are not familiar with the name of the country. It is their debut anyway. A slow and soft music is opening their performance which immediately turn into a mid tempo arrangement as Alia started to sing the chorus as the opening of the song. She walk from the connector into the satellite stage with the microphone on her hand. She wear a sexy red short dress. Her hair is left flowing. She walk around the stage as she sing the chorus. Her hands makes several movements which inline with the lyrics of the song.

Baby you go loco
When you can't control your heart tho
Feeling like you have him
So nobody gotta laid claim on him
Feeling can be so deceiving, baby
It tricks your mind, honey
That your man is so truthful, you can't see
Let just be real

She standing at the front of the satellite stage as she sing the first stanza of the song. The camera give a close up view of her face before zooming out to her side view then rolling down to the other side view. The view back to close up face as she sing the second stanza when her voice change into more soft and seductive. Then she stomp her feet in the beginning of the third stanza while walking around the stage. At one point she kneel down as she sing the "until you're drown.... when she try to make connection with the audience. The camera smartly capture her movement as she suddenly stand up when she continue to "won't believe another gossip...." part. Then it give a close full body view of her as she walks again. The camera make a capture of she bite her lips at the end of "madunya has hypnotize...." part.

Mulutnya laki-laki
Semanis madu surgawi
Sekalinya kau terkena
Bisa gila

The mouth of a man
Sweet as heavenly honey
Once you get hit
It can make (you) go crazy

One time, romantic
Two times, seductive
Three times, your under his spells

Ain't gonna leave 'till you take your last sip
Gotta drink all 'till you drunk and heavy
Getting all wet with his sweet talking
Until you're drown in pool of promise

Won’t believe another gossip gossip on him
Madunya has hypnotize you my baby
Matamu telah buta, pesonanya memikat lekat

Won't believe another gossips on him
His honey has hypnotize you my baby
The eyes goes blind, his charm is alluring

Suddenly a comfy chair is placed there out of nowhere. Alia then seat down as she sing the chorus. She cross her legs while singing seductively. While the camera give a 360 degrees view of her several times. And sometimes look at the reaction from the audience who are getting wild.

Baby you go loco
Let just be real

Jordi Pam jump in from the back of the chair. He lay his head on the armchair as he sing his part in the position as if he is begging Alia to believe in him. While Alia is looking uninterested. But then suddenly a female model in a sexy black short dress walking pass them which distract Jordi. He chase the model while singing "Alamak, cantiknya.... part.

Jangan percaya kata tetangga
You my dear will always inside my heart
But I can’t control my eyes to see others
That’s what men always do, we’re cruising

Ah Alamak, cantiknya buatku melirik
Alamak, anggunnya buatku merinding
Alamak, seksinya buatku ingin lebih

Don't believe the neighbors
You my dear will always inside my heart
But I can't control my eyes to see others
That's what men always do, we're cruising

Oh my, her beauty makes me wants to take a glance
Oh my, her grace gives me goosebumps
Oh my, her sexiness makes me want more

Alia acted as if she is angry. She stand up and walk away from Jordi. Realize this, Jordi chase back Alia and grab her hand as he start to sing second rap part. Alia turn back and looking at Jordi intensely as the walk back to the chair. Jordi let Alia seat back on the comfy chair as he finished his part.

Tapi jangan salah
Hati sudah tertanam dalam
Cintaku hanyalah satu
Tak berpaling ke yang lain

But make no mistake
The heart is already embedded
My love is only one
Won't turn to the others

You’re the anchor of my heart
I’m not saying something bullshit
I know I am naughty
But my heart is honest

Alia eyeing on Jordi movement as he walk around the chair. Both are singing their part interchangeably as if they are talking to one another. The camera success to capture Alia's expression who is looking like someone who is intoxication by Jordi's charm. Their intensity and closeness are capture perfectly by the camera who is widely view from the LED.

Layaknya singa di depan mangsa
I’ll drag you inside into my love trap
Aku pun tak berdaya
Dayamu telah ku genggam
Tasted heaven can’t get him out of sight
Feeling exploding oh my heart
Kata orang mata telah buta saat cinta tertanam ah

Like a lion in front of a prey
I'll drag you inside my love trap
I'm helpless too
I have held your power
Tasted heaven can't get him out of sight
Feeling exploding oh my heart
People says the eyes goes blind when you're in love ah

Jordi then take Alia hand and they walk to the front of the stage as Alia sing the chorus for the last time. At this moment we can see Alia expression who is already mad in love with Jordi. Despite the backing singer singing "your man in unfaithful" part so many times but Alia has been in cloud 9 until she rested her head in Jordi's chest as they embrace one another. And at the moment, the song is ended with a frame view of their embrace.

Baby you go loco
Let just be real

That your man is unfaithful
Your man is so unfaithful
Your man is so...
Can't you see for real, girl
You got yourself trapped in love oh...

The audience give a big applause for their performance. The drama that they present are really captivated. Both of them holding hand together before bowing down to the positive feedback. "Thank you, Buaka!" Both of them shouted at the same time before heading back to the backstage and give the way for the next performance from Alezian Union.
Last edited by Toluiwa on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alezian Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alezian Union » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:16 am

”TRA LA LA”
Singer : MARI-EL (Maria Elsanna-Houten)
Composer : Maria Elsanna-Houten , Adam Deniski, Aulia Hasmuna, Laila Adam, Enver Mariotelli
Lyricist : Maria Elsanna-Houten , Adam Deniski, Aulia Hasmuna, Laila Adam, Enver Mariotelli
Tune : Eden Alene - Ue La La

The Alezian Union used to compete in the WorldVision Song Contest separately. North Alezia who debuted in 82 and got runner-up once the edition after, which is also the same time as South Alezia's debut starting their habit of finishing in the bottom ten. Both countries would cease participation in the 89th WorldVision Song Contest and compete together as the Alezian Union plus Mosin-Nagan and Pantabang Islands from the 90th edition onwards.

Throughout its' adventure as a reunified country, the Alezian Union has shown success. From the 90th to 94th edition, the Alezian Union frequented top 10, even securing a hosting in Zafizamarrah for the 93rd edition and winning with Aziz-Lutfi Garanov and the Time-Killers' "I've Faith in You". However, due to what experts call "National Complacency", the nation entered a dark era where what used to be a frequent occasion, turns into a luxury when Alezia starts being stuck outside of the top 10, even getting last place once.

The dark era of Alezian WorldVision career diminished the contest's popularity in the Alezian Union into low viewership figures, even creating a rumour of Alezian withdrawal. However, the country stayed and luckily turned things around with Muhammad Azlouvewijk's "Wie ik ben?" who earned 6th place on the 102nd edition in Mister X. Renewed interest got even more renewed as the edition afterwards held in StrayaRoos creates an Alezian winner: "Little Bit Insane" by Liz Dannounavais. And as if that's wasn't enough, Alin Yuri's "Dead and buried" nearly gave Alezia two wins in a row only behind Carrelie by points countable by hand. After that, the South Alezian band NEYSSA sent "Karena Dia (Hargai Dia)" talking about women empowerment, which once again earned second, once again behind Carrelie.

Now, with a new season opened, South Alezian pop vocalist MARI-EL was selected to represent the Alezian Union with the song "TRA-LA-LA" with the hopes of continuing the Alezian WorldVision Rennaisance Era.

Maria Elsanna-Houten or more known as her stage name MARI-EL is a South Alezian singer, composer, and lyricist. Born to South Alezian parents in North Alezia (as is the norm at the time) more specifically Bucinnois (now part of the Pantabang Islands) on 15th of June 2000, she lived in North Alezia until reunification where she decided to return to South Alezia as she finished her tertiary education earning a degree of Musical Arts from the Art Institute of Alezia in Bucinnois.

Those around her has known her for being a pretty confident person, and a confident artist at that. The idea for entering Art Institute of Alezia at the time was nearly impossible for potential artists wanting to get a seat, but Mari-El with her confidence and talent earned a seat in 2017 after she covered "So Many Long Ways" by Peso Calvainais for the University Admission Reel. At AlArts, Mari-El became more well known for her musical capabilities, and a friend of hers suggested that she open an Arico.net account specifically for music performing and covers and she did just that. Mari-El's musical page (Arico.net/musmariel) starts slowly releasing songs one by one, until she just simply blew up in popularity in 2020 thanks to her first original score titled "Masking Mister Mask" with COVID-19 as the theme.

Thanks to Mari-El's consistency with releasing music at her Arico.net page and expanding to other music streaming platforms afterwards, her songs start entering the Alezian Digital Charts with her first being "All The Same" which entered at number 17th on December 2020 and peaked at number 4th on January 2021 according to ARBA's Digital Music Charts. This popularity also earned her recognition from the Alezian Broadcasting Authority, which earned her deals for events around Alezia. Mari-El was considered as one of the young voices of the new South Alezia at the time, even before reunification.

Mari-El has a great adoration for the WorldVision Song Contest, sometimes imagining performances and entries of her on the WorldVision stage. And don't say that she hasn't tried, she definitely has. She has tried submitting songs for all those times of South Alezia's turn to represent the Union at the WorldVision Song Contest, tried submitting songs for Operation : WorldVision, everything. But it's to no avail, her entry was met with rejection from the ABA Doorsbreeken. Around that time, she was about to give up, UNTIL...

One day, Mari-El opened her computer and Arico.Net account to maybe release another song. Until suddenly, she saw an article titled "POLL: Who do you think is this nation's best choice for the WorldVision Song Contest?". Due to curiousity, she clicked the title thinking that it'd be established artists like Andi Robi Idris Novogrody, Andi Ainii Irqimaza Novogrody, Elstrou Maatscheld, Liz Dannounavais, Aziz-Lutfi Garanov... Until eventually, text rolls in suggesting that an astounding 53% of pollers suggested HER as one of the three choices the ABA would make. She was SHOCKED. How did she got picked instead of established artists? Until she checked the description: The ABA is not searching to return past, established artists. They are searching to introduce new artists. And with that, she checked her e-mail to see the ABA inviting her to compete in the first episode of the second season of Operation : WorldVision.

As she confirmed her participation, announced it publicly, she went to work to release her 19th public single: "TRA-LA-LA".

It took Mari-El three months with completion on December 2022 to work on TRA-LA-LA before eventually keeping it in her unreleased music storage ready to be used for a large event. And eventually, that time comes as she was selected to compete in Operation : WorldVision. In preparation for OP:WV, Mari-El revamped her song, added a little bit of smashing beats here and there, and then she was satisfied with the end result and felt that the song is ready for international consumption.

One thing remains clear however, and that is the fact that Mari-El's composition and lyrics are STILL not enough for ABA's standards (and a pretty high one since the ABA has been on a high streak lately regarding results, and they surely want to keep the reputation of the Alezian Union as a country that release quality music). And as such, she called on her team of friends consisting of composers and lyricists to help her update the song ready for WorldVision in South Batoko. This means that TRA-LA-LA is the most revamped song in Alezian WorldVision history, with the hopes that the revamps help pull in international juries and televoters.

TRA-LA-LA is a South Alezian phrase when they saw, heard, or felt something that is angered or confused them so much it made their head spin ("Tra-la-la, I ain't hearing that", "Tra-la-li-what?", "Tra-la-la my head just spun listening to your explanation"). In this song's case, it talks about the feeling of someone being "done" with her boyfriend who can be nice in times, but sadly is mostly cheap (not materially, kind of emotionally like not giving attention AT ALL), easily jealous, demands a lot, controlling, and other things. The singer proposed that maybe they should've just be friends instead of a romantic relationship.

Language-wise, the song will be performed in English and Indonesian, but for the first time, the Alezians experimented by combining the two in the same line, and using what is commonly known as the Doorsbreeken Dialect of Indonesian, which is mostly informal Indonesian plus additional Buginese words, even though South Alezia's Indonesian population mostly come from Java and Sumatera. The dialect is most thick in the part "Cinta itu ndak' sekke'!" which means "Cinta itu tidak pelit" in formal Indonesian or "Love is not cheap!" in English. The decision to use these languages and dialects came from the team's decision to "spice things up a little bit".

South Alezian reaction to Mari-El's victory humanized

Immediately after winning the National Public vote by Arico.Net users, Mari-El thought to herself that there are other songs that are more worthy of representing the Alezian Union to the WorldVision Song Contest, and predicted her placement to be either between second or third place for Episode One, just not winning. However, Mari-El would still want to try her best and to make those who put her as the public's favourite proud with a banging performance and great music.

She went on stage, sung her entry, received massive applause, bowed, went back to the green room, and immediately think nothing of it. Hopefully she made the public who chose her to fill in the slot happy. She predicted that it'd be a fight between Ismail Dani and KRASHHX. Boy were she wrong. Starting from the beginning of the voting, it became more and more obvious that she's running away with the voting. Point by point, while the National Juries and Public put her in close contention, it's the 10-nation international jury that solidified her victory. While Malta Comino Gozo, Uthossia, and Tummylandia and Sussistan gave Mari-El the lowest mark, the others like the 10 from South Batoko and Plangainer plus 12 from Besen, Beepee, StrayaRoos, Pemecutan, and Waisnor absolutely propped Mari-El to shatter the record for the most points gathered.

Mari-El couldn't believe how popular "TRA-LA-LA" was. The Bridgestone Arena celebrated, and the South Alezians watching from TV couldn't believe it. Usually it's the Northerners who would do so well they'd win more than once in a row. Now, it's the SOUTH that did super well. And from then, the hype rises in Doorsbreekenstad.

The stage was pitch black as the audience in Buaka cheered for the Alezian entry. As the cheering slows down and the lights were dimmed, the instrumental played marking the beginning of MARI-EL's entry, a lone yellow light shone over showing the sillhouette of a woman with a short skirt standing still before swinging her arms with a microphone on her right hand. The sillhouette rejuvenated the cheering in the venue.

The sillhouette revealed to be MARI-EL herself as the background screen shows a line of yellow and white ala those tv test cards that kept moving to the left. TV viewers get to experience a trippy effect of everything multiplied by three

I don't care what you want, no, way
I know I just can't, don't, care
To do things that I won't, just, dare
Loving you's impossible, yeah!

The cameras then show Mari-El still staying at the spot, looking smug, flinging her hands outwards before rotating it inwards again, as the screen showing the lines of yellow and gray trying to combine like a mixture, but instead bouncing against each other, then the camera shows Mari-El dancing, moving her hips left and right lavishly, before pointing at the screen

Kau air, dan aku layaknya minyak
You're water and I'm oil

Sikapmu memang minta tuk dijitak
Your attitude made me want to slap you

Kau hanya tau caranya tuk meminta
You only know how to demand

Karena kau sekian hidup tersita
Because of you parts of my life were taken

Mari-El sung a few r's transitioning the background to change colour from yellow to darker hues that it reached black. Once the bacground is black, the screen shows the name MARI-EL in yellow. As this was happening, Mari-El starts walking to the front side of the stage, the backing singers who are out of the TV view starts running towards Mari-El and gathering around her like bodyguards one by one as the sentences were sung.

You're a friend or a foe?
Pahlawan, penjahat?
A hero, a villain?

My love, a mistake?

As all the backing dancers are gathered around Mari-El, the four crouches around her, the two in the back raising their hands, and the two in the front spreading their hands outwards...

Mari-El looked to the right until she sung the last part alongside the excited audience singing along the last part while Mari-El faced the camera confidently as a special effect was used where a transition zoomed into Mari-El, changing the tint to yellowish, and then adding the words for the part before the chorus in both Indonesian and English.

Cinta itu nda' sekke'!
Love ain't cheap!

Mari-El starts singing excitedly as the backing dancers around her stood up and dancing outwards and then inwards again, all camera points of view are used at this point, each sentence constituting atleast three camera view changes whether that means changing cameras or zooming gradually, spinning, a lot of them, basically. As the last sentence was sung before the next verse, the dancers spun outwards to give Mari-El some space for the verse. A beat marks a new verse, the stage was pitch black for a while before Mari-El spun and...

TRA-LA-LA
Loving you is like TRA-LA-LA
Knowing you is like TRA-LA-LA
Dreaming 'bout you's like
TRA-LA-LI-LA

TRA-LA-LA
TRA-LA-LI-LA

The next scene shows Mari-El singing in the middle of eccentric visual effects, where only her face is shown singing, and copies of the recording are put again and again with different transparency in each layer. Eventually in the last part, she ended the visual effect with an air kiss to the camera

TRA-LA, TRA-LA, TRA-LA-LA
My dear love, da-dah, sekian
My dear love, good bye, that's all

My dear boy, bye, demikian
My dear boy, bye, that concludes it

Tu, wa, ga, (kiss)!
One, two, three, (kiss)!

The next scene shows backing dancers quickly reapproaching the center of the stage from the four points of the stage. The last sentence shows all the backing dancers gathering ready for the next technique to sell the song to International Juries and Televoters at home, at the last sentence as well, Mari-El is shown mockingly moving her hands like a crying person with exaggerated looks.

Get out of my life!
Go fly or go for a dive!
Pulang kembali ke real life!
Go back home to the real life!

I don't care if you leave a cry!

In the middle of the performance, Mari-El and her backing dancers automatically moved to the single most-remembered thing in the internal rehearsals at the office of ABA Doorsbreekenstad, they remember to enact the act exactly like shown in the "reenactment" pictures which is filled with comments, both encouraging and improvising. In this scene, Mari-El was pushed and spun around by her backing dancers, each getting the chance to catch her and spin her again for the next person until everyone has had a turn.

Hitam dan putih
Black and white

Tinta spidol, pemutih
Marker inks, bleach

Dan hatimu tak bersih,
And your heart's not clean

Kisah cinta tak berkasih
A heartless love story

The view was pitch black again before a small window was made for Mari-El to sing to the audience giving all-eyes-on-me vibes even though she's looking towards the right side of the stage. But then...

You're a friend or a foe?
Pahlawan, penjahat?
A hero, a villain?

My love, a mistake?

She sung the last part again alongside the excited audience singing along the last part while Mari-El faced the camera confidently as a special effect was used where a transition zoomed into Mari-El, changing the tint to yellowish, and then adding the words for the part before the chorus in both Indonesian and English.
Cinta itu nggak sekke'!
Love ain't cheap!

i]Mari-El starts singing excitedly as the backing dancers around her stood up and dancing outwards and then inwards again, all camera points of view are used at this point, each sentence constituting atleast three camera view changes whether that means changing cameras or zooming gradually, spinning, a lot of them, basically. As the last sentence was sung before the next verse, the dancers spun outwards to give Mari-El some space for the verse. A beat marks a new verse, the stage was pitch black for a while before Mari-El spun and...[/i]

TRA-LA-LA
TRA-LA-LI-LA

TRA-LA-LA
TRA-LA-LI-LA

The backing dancers starts to walk in circles still facing the audience and clapping along to the beat and Mari-El starts singing her high-note tunes! This was met with excitement from the audience, especially when she starts the last note before the last chorus which was seen as the camera was zooming into Mari-El before violently zooming outwards

TRA-LA-LA-TRA-LA-LA-LI-LA
TRA-LA-LA-LA!

TRAAAAAAAA.........

As Mari-El starts singing excitedly again, the back LCD shows the name Mari-El glowing grandeurly and pulsing to the beat, fireworks falling from the ceiling as the backing dancers around her stood up and dancing outwards and then inwards again, all camera points of view are used at this point, each sentence constituting atleast three camera view changes whether that means changing cameras or zooming gradually, spinning, a lot of them, basically. As the last sentence was sung before the next verse, the dancers spun outwards to give Mari-El some space for the verse. A beat marks a new verse, the stage was pitch black for a while before Mari-El faced against the audience, walked back and...

TRA-LA-LA
TRA-LA-LI-LA

[TRA-LA-LA
TRA-LA-LI-LA

As Mari-El reached the end of her song, she sung the last part of the song alone without backing dancers (who stayed in front), she stylishly waved her hands as if she's saying bye bye before...

TRA-LA, TRA-LA, TRA-LA-LA
My dear love, da-dah, sekian
My dear love, good bye, that's all

My dear boy, bye, demikian
My dear boy, bye, that concludes it

Tu, wa, ga, (kiss)!
One, two, three, (kiss)!

She sends off a kiss to the sky as her sillhouette was shown accordingly, receiving the applause from the audience, and then more applause after the sillhouette also did a very moment-defining, song-concluding mic drop.

After the song was complete, the lights were turned on again as Mari-El looks satisfied with how the live performance turns out, her backing dancers arrived at her exact location and they celebrated their entry jumping and shouting ALE-ALE-ALE. Mari-El shouted "THANK YOU SO MUCH, THANK YOU SOUTH BATOKO! WE LOVE YOU!" before bowing and leaving the stage.

Last edited by Alezian Union on Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 17 times in total.
THE ALEZIAN UNION

Member of the WMCAverse
Waisnor / Malta Comino Gozo / Carrelie / ALEZIAN UNION

Read The Alezian Union: The Comic HERE!

Winner of Worldvision 94,103, and 107
Runner-up of Worldvision 83 (through NA), 104, and 105, WHF 55, and JWHF 9

Terra-Zealandia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 17, 2022

Postby Terra-Zealandia » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:35 pm

Country Name: Terra Zealandia
Artist Name: The Young 133
Song Title: Get Alive
Languages: English

Music: Ben Aston, Roddie Taylor
Lyrics: Ben Aston, Roddie Taylor
Tune: Kids Of 88 - Just A Little Bit

Introduction

The fantastic 105th Worldvision Song Contest, held on the sunny Malta Comino Gozoan island of Għain saw Terra Zealandia with the nation’s fourth participation in the contest, with the song “Sky High” by electronic musician duo SHINDO and singer-songwriter Jen Elavich. The collaborating artists were happy with their result at 17th out of 31 participating countries, earning a total of 117 points at the end. While unable to beat the best result by one place, which is currently Lily Marsden’s “Shine”, placing 16th at Worldvision 103 in Richmond, StrayaRoos, it was still a happy result for them. While not earning three sets of 12 points like Lily Marsden did, the boys from SHINDO and Jen managed to earn one set of 12 points, from Crustyland. The single highlight was enough to make them happy.

The song fit the vibe of the contest very well. With the electronic rave feel of the song, and the fact that the stage was an outdoor one, where international music festivals take place, the setting was perfect, and the timing was right. Terra Zealandian Worldvision fans feel like the entry’s placing should’ve been higher, but the mid-table spot was okay. So, who is next on the lineup for Worldvision? The Donborough band Duke Nights and their song “Stay The Same” was originally selected to be the Terra Zealandian entry for the 106th Worldvision Song Contest in Buaka, South Batoko, but with a lack of preparedness and little approval from fans, the pop duo The Young 133 were selected instead.

Artist

The pop band The Young 133. Robbie Taylor pictured left, and Ben Aston pictured right.

The Young 133 is a two-man electronic-rock-pop band from Barington, formed in 2007. It is made up of Ben Aston and Robert “Robbie” Taylor, who perform lead vocals/guitar and backing vocals/synth respectively. They have had a few hit singles, making waves upon the Terra Zealandian music charts, but prominent fame rose for the pair after the release of their song “Take You Out”, which placed at the top of the board for a few weeks. The band’s name originates from the address their first house when flatting together, and making music. Living on 133 Aitken Road in Boydell, Balchester, they were inspired to use this reference in their name, and has stuck with them ever since. Ben and Robbie have been dating since 2017, and are an open couple, proud of their LGBTQ+ relationship.

Song

Cover for the 2023 single Get Alive

Oh yes - we advise keeping the kids on their tablets for this one.

This song has quite the dirt thrown around within the lyrics on this song, and guidance is advised to our listeners. Their performance isn’t planned to be bad, though. Get Alive is the 2023 single by The Young 133 representing Terra Zealandia for their fifth participation in Worldvision. It is a strong pop song with slightly profane lyrics, relating to more mature themes.

It’s received quite a bit of popularity and wide approval from Terra Zealandian Worldvision fans to make up with the naughtiness of the song, though. One fan has stated that the song is “Slaying the house down”, and the fans aren’t wrong. Get Alive has peaked on top of the charts in Terra Zealandia, making for lots of excitement and hype across the Worldvision community, and the guys from The Young 133 are celebrating the song as their second number one on the charts. They’re celebrating that milestone with a bottle of fine champagne. What else were you expecting from them?

Performance

After the Alezian performance ends, The Young 133 are called onto the stage whilst the postcard for Terra Zealandia is displayed on the screen of the Buaka e-Hall. The band are introduced to the world, in the eyes of thousands across the multiverse. Their introduction on the stage generates a bit of noise. Shortly after the music begins to play, lead singer Ben Aston begins to sing.

The club’s wide open at nine o’clock
Bright neon signs and revolving doors
French kisses and alcohol
The night has only just begun
Miss Little Princess
Struts with her short dress
Murders to impress
She’s the best
Can I take you home tonight, baby?
Once is enough, just cause I need it
Cut all the lights and cameras
We just need to do this, girl

The first chorus is sung. Some of the lyrics being sung create audible noise that can be heard during the performance. Ben walks up to the very front of the stage, or the ‘party hat’, to begin a slayful choreography. Robbie remains behind on the synth.

Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat

The second verse and pre-chorus are sung. Ben walks back to walk circles around Robbie, who is playing the synth. Occasional shots of the crowd are also shown within this part.

Messages coming through my phone
No clothes but a cigarette to smoke
Throwing the money around, ‘boutta get broke
Undoing the zip off of your robe
The two of us and nobody else
This activity’s sending us straight to hell
I’m cursed, can’t you tell
And serving you dessert cause that’s such a treat
Can I take you home tonight, baby?
Once is enough, just cause I need it
Cut all the lights and cameras
We just need to do this, girl

Ben begins to walk up to the front of the stage, similarly to last time, but walks slowly so that the cameras can capture him from different angles while he sings.

Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat

After a short instrumental part to the song, the ending results in the chorus repeating many times, while another amazing choreographed dance happens, but this time with the help of four other backing dancers that walk onto the stage from backstage and they form a V-shape, two on each side behind Ben.

Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get-
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
Ooh, gotta get alive
It’s such a treat

As the music finished and the entry concluded, Ben was out of breath and panting could be heard on the microphone. He lets out a big “Thank you Buaka, and Goodnight!” before the arena turns all dark and the band exits the stage.
Last edited by Terra-Zealandia on Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TERRA ZEALANDIA • AOTEAMOEMOEĀ
One of Aenglide's many puppets.

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

27-Achaean Republic

Postby Achaean Republic » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:26 pm

27| Achaean Republic
María Darío-"Buenas Noches"
Tune: Nena - boa noite

You looked like a dream onstage, dressed like an angel with that beautiful white lace nightgown and embroidered with elegant circular patterns on its fringes. You also had those furry cotton slippers I got for you online. They looked so cute—I’ve always loved how you try to be sexy and practical at the same time! There was something unique about watching you wake up in bed, and then (try to) go back to sleep whenever you suddenly had a songwriting idea slip into your head. And then you would quietly slip away from bed and I would feel a light space on your side of my bed, one that would take away all comfort and blast me wide open in the middle of a nightmare. And then my eyes would blast open; my body would jerk itself up and panicked, gasping for breath as I thought you left me somewhere, frantically searching, scanning for any sign of life on my side, and I would tarry to the other room and hear notes flowing from the piano. And there you were, tinkering with the piano peacefully, minding your business, nursing the beautiful baby you were carrying, teaching him the do-re-mi-fas with each white-and-black keyboard stroke. That calmed my heart, making it grow three sizes larger in love. I hope that was not an enlarged heart.

We were a happy family—you, him, and I. We carried so much love between us in our small Corola apartment, me working as a manager in city government and you a music teacher at an elementary school with great ambitions to become successful in the business. Always sandwiched in between two great passions—teaching and singing—and balancing the needs to follow your dreams while pursuing a life. A glass of wine here, a little point of water there, and there was always some inspiration to make some lyrics and draw from. I was—no, I am proud of what you accomplished, especially when the Achaean WorldVision delegation called you to represent us in Batoko. There it was; an exclusive contract and the chance to enjoy free travel to somewhere in Europe!

But the stress got the best of you. And it also got the best of me. I was suddenly thrust into a world I was admittedly never prepared to role. I had to be more than a breadwinner and a provider. I had to be a father. I had to stay home at times while you were out practicing and take care of our child. I needed to cook meals and wash dishes and pay bills and maintain my job while rocking our baby to sleep. Hell, figuring out the perfect temperature to warm a bottle became an insurmountable problem that involved teary nights and endless streams of frustration, coupled with many panicked calls to my mother in Rosario! I know I’ll never be the perfect father your parents wanted me to be—not because of the color of my skin, or my lack of preparation (even though working for the government allowed me an opportunity to finish my bachelor’s degree in public policy), or my accent and lack of homemaking skills. I took all you did for my child and me for granted, and I am very sorry. But I also missed you, too. I missed your silence. I missed your smile and your body and your tender voice while rocking our baby to sleep. And then I saw you like a dream onstage, looking radiant and beautiful and smiling as always. I hope all this distance was worth it.

A light blanket of snowfall covered Batoko when I arrived at night. Instead of arriving at day like the rest of the delegation did, I reached Buaka on a red-eye, risking jet lag and hours of sleep, paying my own way to avoid suspicion. It was hard to follow the endless trail of rehearsals and press conferences and jet lag and navigating the city in Batoko and what little English I knew that the locals could not visibly comprehend. Even others assumed that I could speak English or that I was a faithful Achaean that was not willing to sleep with their wives. (Is that what they think of us in Europe!?) But I felt horrible at the same time because, as much as I wanted to be with you, I needed to give you space and I also didn’t want to feel that I was stalking you. After we had that nasty fight before you left, after I confessed everything I did, after you wanted to kick me and punch me and kill me—and yes, you should have—I still couldn’t give up on us. I had to watch your dream pull through the finish. I saw some of your videos and you looked exasperated, even a bit sad despite having the time of your life.

I did enjoy the transition from late winter to early spring, with a sprinkling of snow here or there. Batoko seemed quaint and small despite it being so foreign to me. It still felt too frigid for me as any Achaean would expect, but it was nice to wear coats and sweaters for a change! I wish I could wear one of those tacky ones with you just like we used to do whenever we went for a stroll in the park or on a dinner date when we were a young and naïve couple. I hope I could do that again with you.

There was only a piano on stage. A grand piano. A piano and a teddy bear. I know how much you love those pianos. Like the one you’ve always wanted, but we could never afford to buy. Every time we went to the Museum of Art in Corola, your favorite hangout spot, you always looked at the glassy cage that kept the black Steinway piano that decorated the front lobby. Always tempted to play it, but always so far because of a dumb piece of frosted glass. I know you did as much as you did with the Yamaha keyboard we bought at a used music supply store (you and baby Hector seemed to always have fun with it while playing), always sparing some time and practicing a few keys while nursing the baby at the early hours of the morning. That was the dedication I’ve always admired you for—and I always will. Seeing you onstage, about to perform in front of tens of thousands of people and millions of prying eyes watching across the Multiverse, I could only hope that they love you as much as I did—erm, as much as I still do.

Your voice was soft and tender as if you were singing a tender lullaby to our baby Hector. He’s not a baby, anymore, I suppose; but the sentiment is still there. (Is your mom taking care of him while you’re out here in Buaka? Or did she travel with you? She’s still my mother-in-law, after all!) Oh, you looked heavenly, dear, your voice echoing on the piano keys and the silence of the lights. Actually, there were very few lights on stage. There were barely even LED screens in use—just a display of the night sky, the full moon, a few stars twinkling here and there. There was someone surrounding you with a camera at the beginning of the song as you started playing the tune (or the tune was being played for you?). There was another camera panning below the humongous stage, and you were in the middle with that gorgeous piano and a violinist on your side. A brief fog hid your feet, so it almost looked as if you were floating in the cloud, like a darling angel. You were a dream. You looked as I had always envisioned you in my dreams as we drifted apart. I wish we never did.

Buenas noches
Déjame saber
Que quisieras
De mañana pa’ comer

Your eyes were closed. Perhaps a little bit crossed. It was one of the few times since I left that I could see peace in your face. Not that I couldn’t see peace in your face before, but the burdens of life and dreams and motherhood must have worn some of your peace down. I wish it wasn’t the case. How’s Hector? Is he still crying for me? Are your words soothing him? I tried calling the house many times after we argued—you know, to say hi to my baby boy—but I could only hear dead air and robotic messages. Whenever I listened to your voice on the prompts, I couldn’t help but cry. Despite everything that happened, in spite of everything I did, there was a still concern in your voice about us.

I know what I did was wrong. I know that I shouldn’t have invited that babysitter to come over the house while you were touring. That loneliness and a few glasses of wine were not an excuse. That Hector had no reason to see that. That you have all the rights in the word to serve divorce papers in broad daylight, to humiliate me the way I did to you with my poor actions.

You have all the right in the world to reject me, María. But I will never reject you, even if you wanted me to.

¿Por qué lloras si de tu lado él estará?
Él en la dsitancia anhela verte y regresar a tus pies

The stage lights were enough to have your white skin contrast the brunette hair and the black piano and the LED screens that only showed twinkling lights. I was arguably close to you, but it was hard to determine if they the makeup people went a bit too heavy or cakey on the makeup—I know that was always a question you seemed to ask me about all the time! It was also funny how delicate and peaceful you looked onstage, at the same time concerned about so many variables affecting the performance. There was always something meticulous about you, something that I enjoyed even after we married.

Come to think of it: It’s crazy that Achaeans haven’t sent a ballad at WorldVision in a while. We’ve gotten used to sending bombastic, dance-able, meme-able, overtly sexualized performances that it made us feel we could only serve flash and drama and a little titty here and there. And here you are, delicately cold, playing in a piano and singing to our young Hector about dreams and the future…and hope. It took a while for me to listen to the song, I admit; it was hard to separate the calming presence of your voice, one that I didn’t listen to for weeks. It was as if you were commanding me to rest too…even if I know you hate my guts.

I honestly cried when I heard you sing for the first time, Maria. Wish I could let you know that a few others in the crowd were crying with me, too. I don’t know if they understood what you were singing about, but your voice is just…Damn it!

Mi bien, descansa muy bien
Por que el sol espera para ti, brillante
La lluvia crece por tu piel
Te refresca así, tus sueños se hacen claros y vamos
A rezar y a descansar
Buenas noches, ven abrázame y a dormir

To be honest, I’m dithering on signing the divorce papers. I don’t want to go through the trouble of hiring lawyers and gathering reports and battling for joint custody. I don’t want to break poor Hector’s heart more than I already have. And I love that, despite everything, despite all the lies and backstabbing, despite all the heartbreak I made you go through, you still do your best to transmit hope to your…ahem…our son about the future. I could finally hear the faint sounds of the violin’s crosshairs, but I was too fixed on watching you play the piano, sweating a little over the quantity of lights surrounding you, possibly getting them mixed with tears—if there were any more to shed. I made you shed enough, Maria, and I am truly sorry.

But enough self-pitying for my mistakes! I’ve also cried more than enough out of my own stupidity. Is Hector still wanting to go to Disney World? Or does he want to go to that park in Puerto Ámbar again? Does he have a girlfriend? No…you told me to stop asking that question many a time before. I do hope he’s okay. I want to hear his voice again.

Cuando sueñes
Piensa en tus amigos
Tu familia o en tu padre si es preciso
Deja que tu estrella ilumine tu andar
Para que seas libre y feliz para soñar

There was an odd stillness in the arena. Not awkward at all; just…still. Not something you would think about Achaean performances, which are used to be full of energy and pumped with life. Now, it seems that the stillness was…contemplative. Not that Achaeans can’t be meditative and contemplative when we want to, but it did feel different. You were singing and others were beside you. I picture a camera watching all the waving phones (open flames were banned in the arena, and for good reason!), all of them waving side to side making you look as if you were surrounded by a galaxy filled with stars. Because you are a star. Hector is a star. And I…am not.

If you are reading this, María…Ahem, if you care about reading this…Just know that I am very sorry for all the pain and humiliation I caused you. And I’m very sorry for apologizing to you again and again. I will cheer for a bit and then slump over the rest of the songs. I will wait until the hosts announce that voting is open and try and activate whatever roaming I can get in order to vote for you and see you win. Then I will watch the feeds and intervals and performances after the show is done, repeat again and again over what I could have done right instead of breaking your heart, and maybe have a scotch or beer or two and then go to sleep. And you will still be anxious and worried about Hector, about your mom, about the performance and that afterparty you’ve always wanted, the fame and recognition you’ve always deserved, until you hide in the apartment again and work away for the better part of a year until you come up with your first LP or EP or full-length album—your pride and joy, your creation, your hopes and dreams and expectations. And of course, you deserve everything beautiful the world throws at you! You’ve suffered enough. You’ve cried enough. I guess it’s time for you to move on. If you want to, of course—I won’t oppose you. Just let me see Hector again and be nice to me at the hearings and we can all heal from my mistake.

A rezar y a descansar

A rezar y a descansar

Rest well, María. Bask in the cheers and the glory of the crowd. You will always be a star in my eyes. Even if my star has completely crashed in front of your presence. Good night, María. I will forever love you…even if you never love me back.

[box=]
Good night
Please let me know
What you would like
For breakfast tomorrow

Why are you crying if he’ll be by your side?
In the distance he desires to see you and return to your feet?

My love, rest well, my love
Because the sun waits for you, shining
The rain grows from your skin
Refreshes you so, your dreams become clear and let us
Pray and rest
Good evening, come hug me and go to sleep

When you dream
Think of all your friends
Your family or your father if need bed
Let the star in you illuminate your walk
So that you can be free to and happy to dream

Pray and rest

Pray and rest
[/box]
Last edited by Achaean Republic on Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Crustyland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Crustyland » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:39 pm

The soccer song

Twenty-eighth place with 14 points, not the worst result for Crustyland but really not the best either especially since they had actually achieved a top 10 once! With nothing from the public vote again it seemed Crustyland needed to up their game again albeit slowly as budgets were low... again. Fortunately it was breeding season for all the semi aquatic sea mammals in Crustyland and tourists from all over would come and visit spending all their money! This would greatly help CRAP's budget going into WorldVision 107. For now, the money they had could just about fund a credible entry. No Sealions, no Walruses and no Seals, just a group of Crustyland Football fanatics.

The "Crustyland Soccer Fan Choir" was not actually a choir but rather two friends who had decided to confuse people with their band name. Quan Neilsoen, 30 and Charles Wadgeofchese, 31 were actually rather well-known DJ's in the Crustyandian music scene, as well as attending every single international Crustyland match. Crustyland were not that good at football BUT had been known to win against some of the smaller teams in the multiverse. Crustyland Soccer Fan Choir ramp up the crowd at games with their chanting and drums every game.

Crustyland Soccer Fan Choir

The stage was set and the crowd cheered. There would be no funny business, just a plain old normal-ish song by two lads. Suddenly the song begins as the air is filled with audio of a packed football stadium. The view cuts to a shot of the dark stage as Quan belts out "Buaka Yeehaw!" which echoes through the e-hall, The audience responds by cheering loudly back!

Buaka! Yeehaw!!!

In a haka-styled dance, the two singers appear centre stage dressed in baseball caps and the Crustyland Football Kit, blue, white, green and black. On their head a pair of black sunglasses. Lit in white spotlights the stage glows and the LED screen is a swirl of the Crustyland national colours. The camera cuts to a close up of the two singers before we have a shot of the stage from the back moving forward, in which we see the crowd jumping up and down engaging with the song. The vibrations shake the stage!

We support the Crustyland football team!
On the turf, in the sun
We'll show them how it's done
Let's go!

The camera focuses on the two singers as they begin to march on the spot and even salute halfway through the verse, the lights flashing and colours whirling all around them. Their manly and loud vocals echo through the arena.

With our feet, our speed, our grace we'll win this game,
no time to waste, we're on the field, we're in the zone
Our hearts are beating, we're not alone
With every pass, every goal we score
CRUSTYLAND!

The chorus is full of flashing lights again. The singers hook arms and spin twice in a circle. The camera is a stage view before pulling out across the stage.

On the turf, in the sun
We support the Crustyland football team

Charles shouts into his microphone as he sings the next line on his own.

Let's go!

The LED background changes into a football field for the next verse and the camera is now on stage as the two guys sing directly to the camera. They are beaming proudly, beads of sweat forming on their faces as they remained animated and moved energetically. We cut to a closeup for the last line.

We'll stand tall, we'll soar forevermore
The crowd is roaring, and we're ready to fight
On the field, we'll give it all our might!
The goal is over there!
GO- ON -LAD!

In a haka-styled dance, the two singers danced around the centre again. Lit in white spotlights the stage glows and the LED screen is a swirl of the Crustyland national colours. The camera cuts to a close-up of the two singers before we have a shot of the stage from the back moving forward, in which we see the crowd jumping up and down engaging with the song. The vocals echo out into the arena amongst the cheers from the lively audience. It wasn't the strongest entry they had sent but it certainly entertained the audience and the heavy beat and lights were enough to make anyone excited. The elevated staging lights flashed against the camera as it panned across the top of the audience's head, flags waving, from right to left. The pair engaged with the crowd and couldn't stop smiling!

On the turf, in the sun

The beat subdues and we hear more pre-recorded cheers. The two guys are lit in a bright white spotlight and whip off their shirts revealing their sweaty chiselled torsos as steam vents shoot out the stage momentarily. The camera cuts to a view just in front of them as they spread their stance wide and placed their hands on their knees in an intimidating dance, their brows furrowed. Their vocals were echoed by prerecorded backing vocals.

Cru-sty-land!
Cru-sty-land!

In a first for the nation, we have two lines sung in Crustylandian, a nordic styled language. "Knápriglande" is the Crustylandian name for Crustyland.

Knáp-rig-lande!
Knáp-rig-lande!

A marching band some twenty people strong appears behind them. Ten to our left and ten to the right as they encircle the edges of the stage banging their drums and playing various other marching band instruments such as a marching snare, marching Bass Drum, Trooper Drums, marching Cymbals and Parade Snares. The beat and cheers build and the lights strobe.

BANG THOSE DRUMS LOUD PLEASE!
BANG THOSE DRUMS LOUD PLEASE!
OH BANG THOSE DRUMS LOUD PLEASE!
1, 2, 3

Then came the next verse as pyros shot out the edges and the letters spelling "Crustyland" flashed on the screen in the Hollywood sign font! The camera raced in from the back of the arena as Quan and Charles lunged forward and danced kicking their legs in turn with the accordions. Their skin glistened in the lights as they grinned at how much the crowd enjoyed the song. Quan and Charles wave their shirts in the air before throwing them into the crowd.

OH GIVE ME A C!
GIVE ME AN R!
GIVE ME A, U, S, T, Y!

The camera pans around the stage as it glistened a dark blue and the light flash the Crustyland national colours again.

OH GIVE ME C, R, U, S, T, Y
HEY!

And that was it! The song ends and a tired Quan and Charles bro hug. The cheers were deafening for a change! "Thank you!" They yelled! Leaving the stage they were both very very content. Maybe they would do well but all that mattered was that they had had fun!
Last edited by Crustyland on Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Natanya
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanya » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:52 am

tweny nine - nat anya
Last edited by Natanya on Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

WV21 - Savnic - The Japanese Girl - 22nd - 25 points,
WV31 - Kaylileenástkadeenada Ñadiakimadoradaþínkaðerren - You Can't Make Me Cry - 16th - 37 points,
WV32 - Tuo Su and Yao Su - Internal Fire - 19th - 42 Points,
WV34 - CNLD,
WV38 - CNLD.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:02 am

30. auntie brenda
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:25 pm

"Hello hello hello! On the behalf of Talvezout Radio & Television, I am proud to welcome you all to the 106th Worldvision Song Contest, held in the ever beautiful and historic city of Buaka! My name is Lorenzo de la Esmeralda, or Lorenzo for short. I have the honor of being your commentator, viewing partner, and fellow sufferer in tonight's festivities. As you all remember, we have been a bit... absent from Worldvision for awhile, but following multiple fan petitions, letters, death threats, et cetera, TRT has appropriated the proper funds for us to allow for a broadcasting team to head to Buaka for the Olympics of song. And so, here we are! We had a rather simple but wonderful opening act, perfectly delightful to open up this edition's ceremonies. And now the first act is beginning - get your popcorn and drinks, cause we're gonna start... now!"
01) - BEEPEE
Beepee is an interesting name for a nation, isn't it?
02) - PLANGAINER
So that was Sami Noble of Plangainer, with the song "Make It". I liked it a lot - I thought she embodied the whole spirit of "rah rah girl power" perfectly. The chorus has been stuck in my head since rehearsals started, and I can only imagine it'll worm it's way into all of y'all's heads too. An absolutely commendable effort by Plangainer, one I expect to do well in the voting, hopefully. That sort of punkish rock that Ms. Noble seemingly specializes in goes over well here in Talvezout - perhaps she could consider a little tour here after the contest?
03) - VARTUGIA
Vartugia, if you all remember, can be best described as the enfant terrible of Worldvision. Depending on how you see it, we are either cursed, blessed, or simply blursed with their presence and... unique entries. I have no idea how this entry would fare if Talvezout was voting - I imagine enough online chicanery could probably net it a single point from the Talvezian televote. At the very least, well, it's nice to see that Worldvision has room for everyone.
04) - ILLDONYA
05) - SOUTH BATOKO
06) - QANTASLAND
So this is Qantasland! No relations to the Talvezian sex toy company, at least so I'm told. They made the brave choice of sending an a capella entry, and one so short that if you sneezed, you'd probably miss half of it. Now, while the byzantine and oblique political intrigue of Qantaslands evades me, I imagine this entry has something to do with aviation politics. Or at least, that's what it sounds like.
07) - TUMMYLANDIA AND SUSISTAN
To reiterate my previous words about Vartugia, it's nice to see that Worldvision has room for everyone.
08) - FATIMAN FEDERATION (INDO STATES)
09) - UTHOSSIA
After multiple entries that can best be described as musical terrorism, it's nice to see a more composed performance on stage. That was the entry from Uthossia, an entry that would certainly garner many points in the Talvezian televote if we were competing. I liked it a lot - it reminded me, personally, of the music and performances from the Northern Islands - perhaps Sisask has a little bit of Talvezian in her? Anyways, it was definitely a strong and moving entry, one that should hopefully scoop up votes from the countries here - if they have taste. As a side note, I think this entry wins my personal vote for best lyrics "They will not prevail, for we will fight back against them/(It) won't be too easy, but we can win the war" is a line that will remain etched in my head for the rest of the night.
10) - STRAYAROOS
11) - BESEN
12) - PEMECUTAN
13) - PLACELY PLACINGTON
I thought I was crying from the entry. Tears of sadness, or joy, I do not know. But it turns out my tears were brought on by the absolutely rancid air freshener the Vartugian commentator was spraying the booth near me.
14) - CARRELIE
15) - OBRELA

"Now, we're gonna take a short break as I go seek fresh air to save myself from the chemical warfare that Vartugia is conducting here in the commentary bullpen."
16) - NORRP
17) - MALTA COMINO GOZO
18) - LLATA
19) - MILLENHAL
20) - AENGLIDE
21) - WAISNOR
22) - NEKONI
23) - METRAS
24) - TOLUIWA
25) - ALEZIAN UNION
26) - TERRA ZEALANDIA
27) - ACHEAN REPUBLIC
28) - CRUSTYLAND
29) - NATANYA
30) - ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

"Now, we're gonna take another short break as the hosts will come onstage to deliver a bit about the history of South Batoko. Stay and watch if you wanna learn more about the history of our host nation; if not, go use the restroom and replenish your drinks and snacks cause we have plenty more entries to come! You are currently watching the 106th Worldvision Song Contest, brought to you by TRT One."
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Plangainer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Plangainer » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:01 pm

Hello hello to all of you watching! Today is a special day for us and hopefully all of you as we start our incredible journey into the musical center of Buaka, South Batoko, a pretty galmorous city if I do say so myself, my name is Jessica Ridley and I'll be your accompanying commentator for this edition of WorldVision, of which you can hear both on AIM One, Two and Radio One. We've got a pretty handful amount of entries to go through this time around and we'll eventually get to meet our pretty face of this nation; Sabi Noble, a pretty wonderful lady whom I've personally had the opportunity to meet during the Melodine Song Festival, when it was mostly us talking about sweets and the Corigane Champagne which really makes me feel like we're pretty alike!

Gosh! She IS wonderful, and I think she'll be also wonderful to see on the stage tonight along with the other acts we have, so for the moment let's get settled as we are introduced to Buaka, a sight worth seeing for the wonderful Tölsti Towers and most importantly the lovely coast and nightlife around this spectacular city, we're currently in what's called the e-Hall, a pretty amazing and incredibly BIG venue at first glance with around 80,000 fans currently with us right now in. and. around. the. crowd... can you believe it!? 80,000! Everyone are waving their flags about and I could see from our commentary pen a few of our own! You can't really measure just how much excitement is flowing around in here and as we approach our first acts of the evening, I suggest you grab a drink or two, maybe invite some friends and family over as we delve into the mystical spirit of the WorldVision Song Contest!

Without further ado, let's take a good look at what we've got in for today!

Work-In-Progress!

#1. Beepee

#2. Plangainer

#3. Vartugia

#4. Illdonya

#5. South Batoko

#6. Qantasland

#7. Tummylandia And Susistan

#8. Fatiman Federation

#9. Uthossia

#10. Strayaroos

#11. Besen

#12. Pemecutan

#13. Placely Placington

#14. Carrelie

#15. Obrela

Last edited by Plangainer on Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
WV98: Achieved 15th Place
WV99: Achieved 9th Place (Top 10)
WV103: Achieved 6th Place (Top 10)
WV104: Achieved 3rd Place (Podium)
WV106: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)
WV108: Achieved 10th Place (Top 10)
WV111: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:04 am

Kalosia
Evergreen — Zara X
performed in English to the tune of Game Change — Brodka

Now playing:
The Metro FM Official Podcast

Ep. #78: WorldVision Wishes with Zara X

01:06 ━━━━━━━━━━━⬤────────────────────────────────────────────────── 12:04

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Transcript

"Ah, so the dark horse remained in the shadows after all. Such a shame, I really thought we were on to something last edition. Welcome to Kalosia's #1 music podcast. I'm your host, Andre Skoderi, and you are listening to the Metro FM show."

[Metro FM Show jingle plays]

"Now, if you have been following the Kalosian music industry, there is no doubt that you've heard of the WorldVision Song Contest, the biggest music contest in the world. I know that not everyone watches it, especially those of you who listen to bands and artists who don't bother to grace the WorldVision stage, but the amount of attention it has gathered over the years simply cannot be ignored."

"Today, I have the honour of introducing you to a certain gal who will carry the baton for Kalosia in the upcoming WorldVision Song Contest 106. She is a fresh name in the national music scene, a talented pop artist who is still early in her career as a singer, but holds much promise ahead of her. Please welcome Zara X!"

"Thank you Andre, and hello everyone! Such a pleasure to be here today."

"Now, Zara, let's talk a bit about your trajectory so far. A few years ago you released a few singles here and there, but you were pretty much seen as an indie artist. And then you made your big breakthrough in 2021 when you were selected for the Kalosian Song Festival. What happened there?"

"Yeah, that's right. Honestly it was pretty crazy. It was November 2020, and I had just finished a studio sesh for my upcoming single at the time. It was this jazzy, upbeat pop song, nothing really big, but my manager approached me and asked if I was interested in submitting my song to RTVK to be considered for FKK 2021. Honestly I didn't think it was really the kind of song that people wanted to hear at the festival..."

"What? Why not?

"Well I mean when you think of FKK you probably think about these, like, old-school style folk tunes, or ballads, and when there are upbeat pop songs they seem like they have some character of their own that I don't really know how to describe—"

"Did your song not have character? I mean—"

[chuckles] "Well it was a good song, Venël a mi, but it seemed a bit light compared to the kind of music I associate with the festival. Like it was some cheerful, easy listening pop with a hint of jazzy piano bits. Honestly, I thought it wasn't very competitive, but I thought, why not?"

Right? Why not?"

"Exactly Andre, and a few weeks later we got the news that we were selected to compete! I'll save you all the details, but we sailed to the final and came 4th at the end, which—"

"4th? That's good!"

"Yeah, all things considered it was a really good result for a first timer, and afterwards I gained a lot of new listeners even from beyond Kalosia. Since then, wherever I went people recognised me."

"Did it make you want to try again?"

"Haha yeah, I decided to take it a bit more seriously for 2022. I talked to some people who understood the festival better and they helped me compose a summer hit for the festival. It had a bit of that classy Mediterranean feel to it which I thought really helped my chances."

"Oh wait the one with the trumpets?"

"Yeah that one! Mijel."

"Oh right yeah, love that song!"

"Love you too!" [winks] "I came fourth again with that song though, but it did become popular."

"Fourth? No way, I thought you would've come top 3 at least!"

"Oh Andre, you're too kind."

"But surely third time's the charm, right?"

"Well, I was told that there is this unspoken rule that artists don't really try to go three times in a row. Like if you've competed twice back-to-back then you should really take a break from the festival and do other things."

"Wait really? No way, I had no idea..."

"I mean I don't really know if it's true or not, surely there have been artists occasionally or maybe back in the day who'd just keep coming back but, looking at the lineups in recent years I did notice that a lot of artists who entered back to back didn't show up for a third edition, or if they returned it was a little later."

"Okay, so you're on your little FKK break then."

"Uhh sure."

"Alright well let me segue into the main topic of today, WorldVision. In the past few years the FKK winner has gone to compete internationally with their song, but it seems you've decided to bypass that and go straight to WV."

"Nah actually, if you're saying that my WorldVision song was originally for FKK then that's not true. I actually wanted to take some time to really explore my style a little, and I figured FKK wouldn't be the right place for it. But WorldVision, well all kinds of music is accepted in that contest and RTVK sends a wider variety of genres internationally than nationally, so I figured it would be a safe space."

"Now that I think of it, it's a bit funny how that works, isn't it? How we take bigger risks on the outside, while internally it's the same old, same old."

"I thought that too, but I guess RTVK knows how to play their cards. You gotta tailor your music to your audience."

"You gotta tailor your music to your audience, love that."

"And the truth is there's always gonna be artists with music perfect for WorldVision but not FKK, and artists who are better off at FKK than WorldVision, and then artists whose style just isn't really for contests."

"Which one are you?"

"Well, I'm still kinda finding my style. You know already I can work with FKK, but is it really the kind of music I wanna be making for the rest of my career, y'know? But I think my WorldVision song is the kind that people tune in to the contest to see, and I hope it will move them to vote for it."

"That's fair enough. And on that note, tell us about your song!"

"The song is called Evergreen. It's entirely in English, and has this kind of dark pop vibe with a catchy post-chorus where I repeat the title, hopefully enough for people to remember."

"And what does this 'Evergreen' mean?"

"Evergreen is a tree whose leaves never die, like a pine tree. So in the song, I'm presenting myself as an evergreen, that will continue to thrive no matter how harsh the conditions. It's a very me-against-the-world kind of song."

"Fuck the haters, am I right?"

"Exactly! Funny story actually, so one of the lines in the chorus is "they can't fuck us", but on the advice of my label they made us change the lyrics to "they can't focus". But I think when you listen to the song you can hear for yourself what it sounds like."

"Or it could be like, you're so strong and powerful that it leaves your enemies unstable, literally not being able to focus."

"I like that, actually. Maybe I can incorporate it into my performance!"

"Oh right, how are rehearsals going? What do you have planned for us for your stage performance?"

"Oh, you'll see. I won't give away too many details right now but it's not going to be the flashy kind of performance that you sometimes see with other WorldVision performances. It's going to be a bit laid back and focused on the music."

"Very well Zara, thank you so much for taking the time to talk with us on the Metro FM show."

"Thank you Andre for having me!"

"And for those of you tuning in, be sure to check out Zara as she represents Kalosia at the WorldVision Song Contest 106! This is Andre Skoderi signing off, and we'll see you in the next episode of the Metro FM podcast."

"Andre?"

"Yes Zara?"

"Okay but don't put this in your podcast or tell anyone... I wanted to know your opinion on my staging concept for WorldVision."

"Ooooh, so are you leaking your plans to me?"

"Something like that. But I think I need all the help you can get. Promise to keep this a secret until at least after the contest?"

"If it means I can get the first scoop when you return, sure."

"Haha deal. Anyway, this is how it goes..."

"Yes, go on."

"So I already know at this point that I'm drawn to perform 31st after Antahbrantahstan."

"Where is that?"

"Beats me. WorldVision is like a mini-geography lesson, that's the fun part."

"Mmhmm."

"Anyway for the big night I will be wearing a glittery silver pantsuit. As the song begins I'm going to confidently march onstage to the beat."

"Sounds good so far, what's the vibe? Dark?"

"Yeah the lighting is gonna be pretty dark for the intro, maybe some flashing lights. I'm envisioning deep red, maybe maroon lights for the atmosphere. And then my time will come to sing, I'll keep walking for a bit."

Come in my way
Sir, not today
But you know I’ll play it cool

"At that point I'll probably stop and stand. Maybe a spidercam can circle me, kinda giving like a character introduction."

Blame it on me
The joke is on thee
For you are no ordinary fool

"I can already imagine the kind of energy I want to bring on the stage. Maybe a smirk, or a mean smile.

"Telling the world that it's your turn to make the rules. You're the queen now."

"Andre you get me! Maybe I should cross my arms with the mic in one hand?"

"A handheld mic?"

"For sure."

You can’t make me stay
To play your temporary games
No sir, not today
I’m not for you to reclaim

"Now for the chorus, I want to have the lights be a bit more active, like moving to the beat."

"Don't you have backing vocalists too by the way?"

"Oh right. I suppose they could have been hidden up until this point, where the lighting exposes them. They're three women with powerful vocals, if I recall correctly they used to be gospel singers like the kind you see in the United States. They'll be wearing pantsuits like mine, but in brown and not sparkly. We actually just did the fitting yesterday!"

"Nice. Anyway, continue..."

"I think it would be nice for the camera to highlight them for a bit so as to keep things fresh. I'm imagining that, at least for the first chorus I can just kinda move my body a little from side to side, like I'm wading through water."

"Making your way through enemy territory."

"Making my way through enemy territory. Andre, I'll let you know when my next gig is after WorldVision so you can reserve front row seats on me."

They can’t focus
It’s my victory, for my mind is breaking free
Stay relentless
Won’t let them take away the life from me, cause I’m

"Anyway, the post-chorus is a bit longer than the chorus, but the hook presents some opportunities to introduce something new. I'm thinking of rapidly raising and lowering my hand, the one not holding a mic, a few times to the beat. To kinda create an anthemic energy to it. I'll also get the camera to quickly switch between angles, and the lights to flash whenever my hand is raised."

"Ooh that's cool. But don't you think it'll get boring after a bit?"

Evergreen
Evergreen, evergreen, evergreen
It doesn’t matter what they say

"Good point. The post-chorus is repeated twice on each occasion. If a camera is presented at floor level in front of the stage, I can pretend to kick it and then boldly take a few steps forward. I'll wear heeled boots rather than high heels, to give more of a girlboss feel."

"Girlboss, got it."

Evergreen
It doesn’t matter what you say

"Now at this point there's a bit of an instrumental break, so I could just have the lights go crazy for a bit as I walk a bit to the back of the stage. I'm planning for the camera to briefly fly over the audience to give time for stage crew to hand me a mic stand on stage. And of course I'll attach my mic to that stand."

"And then what happens when the next verse kicks in?"

"The camera will switch to intimate, close up shots of me while I kinda play around with the mic stand."

"Like, in a sensual manner?"

"Gosh, no! I mean, it will be a bit playful, but nothing suggestive."

I saw your hate
Won’t take the bait
Cause you know I’ll play it cool

"And then halfway through the verse I will take the mic off the stand and slowly fall to the floor, getting on my knees."

"Is this the part where you sing about falling to your knees?"

"Yes. It's not supposed to be me doing the kneeling, from the singer's perspective, but whatever."

Fall to your knees
I won’t hear your plea
Oh, you are much more than a fool

"Then I'll quickly get back up, and maybe take a few steps to the side with the mic stand in one hand, forcing it to lean as I try to drag it."

"I think I know what you're trying to say, yeah that sounds good."

No room for debate
It’s not me who will walk with shame
I won’t take the bait
I am not someone you can tame

"Then I'll have a dramatic moment where I suddenly jerk the mic stand backwards, causing it to fall over, while I confidently walk forward towards th front of the stage. I'll try to make it so that the backing singers are seen from the view of the camera angle as this happens, although the camera will be in front of me, making it look like I am following it."

They can’t focus
Stay relentless

"Now, instead of raising my hand again, I'll strike a squat pose as the lights flash to the beat. I think it will leave an impression and be something refreshing rather than repeating moves."

"That's smart."

Evergreen

"Then halfway through, I'll start snapping my fingers on the one hand that isn't holding the mic. To the beat, that is. I think that would be enough movement for me, as I trust that the lights and camera will keep things dynamic and interesting."

Evergreen

"There is another, shorter instrumental break here, which I'll use to get up and walk to the front of the stage. And then I'll sing the chorus once again... yeah for now I was thinking I could kinda move my body like I did in the first verse."

"Side to side?"

"Yeah."

"I think it will work to repeat an earlier move at least once so that it doesn't seem like you're just doing random moves. To have a bit of cohesion and consistency."

"That makes sense, I'll note that."

"So, is there a climatic moment in the song?"

"Not really, the song was designed to be radio friendly to be fair, so even though I know people do that at WorldVision I don't really think I should feel obliged to do it for the sake of it."

"Fair enough."

They can’t focus
Stay relentless

"That was the last chorus by the way. Afterwards is the final pre-chorus section... following your advice I think I'll just raise and lower my hand again as before. At least this time I'll be at the front of the stage and surrounded by the audience."

"Okay, so mixing the new and the familiar."

Evergreen

"And then I'll slowly descend to a posing squat again, snapping my fingers. At this point the stage lights will also darken, leaving only me and a spotlight."

Evergreen

"And then when the song ends, the spotlight will turn off leaving just my silhouette, but my pose will be in such a way that even just my figure will seen bold and confident."

"And the crowd goes wild!"

"Haha, fingers crossed! After I stand back up again I should thank them... in English and Kalosian?"

"Yeah, something like "Gražia, thank you WorldVision!", and then tell your backing singers to come over and take a bow together."

"And that should be about it right? At that point I'll probably be cued to leave so that the stage crew can set up for the next performance"

"I suppose that's it, yeah."

"Great, well, thank you so much Andre for your help!"

"No problem Zara, good luck at WorldVision! Looking forward to your performance!"
Last edited by Kalosia on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:03 am, edited 8 times in total.

Aicrowian Canada
Attaché

Founded: May 28, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Aicrowian Canada » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:17 am

32: Aicrowian Canada, The Break of Dusk (Based of the events of the 2023 Aicrowian Civil War)
Singer: Alexi Daspor, FT LT. John Yankaun
Three Letter Code: AIC
Tune: Thriller: by michael jackson

"Can you listen to the Sky, The Gods are Talking!"
"Stop the Violence, Stop the killing, Stop the gunfire"
"Why did the Nation come to this"
"People are screaming, The Emperor might'a died, Can we please stop fighting?"

"From the Break of Dusk, To the Sunset, Everyone is singing to stop this war"
"Can you hear them, Their voices cry"
"Can you hear them, From Quebec, to Qinghai"
"Can you hear them, Across the 'Lantic"
"Can you hear them, Their in a Panic"

"Why is this happening, Death, Violence, Panicking"
"Can we just have peace, Go back to the time"
"When we weren't Fighting?"
"We don't.... Even know..... If our leaders Alive"

"Can you listen to the sky, the gods are talking"
"Stop the violence, Stop the killing, Stop the gunfire"
"When did the nation come to this"

"Is there anything we can do, Nothing is stopping the death"
"Maybe we can talk to them, and put it to rest"
"We need to explain, Why this isn't worth it"
"The death, Violence, Everyone is hurting"

"And the people sang....."
"Can you listen to the sky, the gods are talking"
"Stop the violence, Stop the killing, Stop the gunfire"
"When did the nation come to this"

Last edited by Aicrowian Canada on Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
From the great lakes to the prairies Aicrowian canada is a rich nation lead by God-Emperor Aicrius Aidanius with amazing things like Frank Tower 1,2,5,7 and 9, CN Tower, The Arctic Jailhouse, People with 12 Weapons, Slavery And More!
Our beautiful Capital of Aicrowia is home to 57 Million people! our nation is home to more than 1.7 billion people (may not be true RN)
This nation is part of The Pacific

Aicrowian Sports Teams!
Aicrowia Knights 0-0

Days Since last disaster: -1

South Batoko
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Batoko » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:14 am

As the applause for the last entry dies down, the presenters come on screen once again.

Killian Philippon: And there we have it, tonight's final performance. In just a moment, the voting lines will open for approximately 20 minutes.
Mayka Layaznaka: Your votes will make up half the final points. The other half is decided by each participating nation's national jury.
Killian Philippon: During the voting period, we'll show some recaps in case you've forgotten how some entries were. You'll also find information on how to vote during those.
Mayka Layaznaka: But remember, you can't vote for your own country! Now, it's almost time...

On the LED screen, a countdown appears. 3, 2, 1...

Both: START VOTING NOW!

The first of three recaps is played.
Last edited by South Batoko on Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

South Batoko is a country in Novapax, that competes in WV.
A 19.2 civilization, according to this index.

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:15 am

Interval Act 1
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Weather station in Baxtaqaś (Dürlüśćüm) collapses, outages at weather services reported

South Batoko
Envoy

Postby South Batoko » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:16 am

Interval Act 2
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Norrp
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Norrp » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:40 pm

Good Evening South Batoko you put on a really great show!! Here are our points!!

12 Malta Comino Gozo
10 Pemecutan
8 Obrela
7 Millenhaal
6 Waisnor
5 Achaean Republic
4 Beepee
3 Aenglide
2 Crustyland
1 Placely Placington

Thank you!!

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013

Postby Mister X » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:27 pm

Robert: Good evening and welcome along to WorldVision 106, live from Boo-ark-er, in South Batoko. I'm Robert Baxter, along here with Sam Smith, and we're here to commentate on WorldVision 106. We aren't taking part for now, due to a very respectable decision by MRX Television of course, but they've still asked to come and commentate for the three viewers we still have who aren't watching... Heartbeat. Or something. ITX is quite good at this time of night, you know.

Robert: Ah! A wild Sam Smith has appeared! How are you, Sam?
Sam: I'm very well, Robert. Obviously you didn't get my text about getting me a sandwich.
Robert: Nope. I did get you some tea, though.
Sam: A thimble of black tea. I like mine white and stirred clockwise, but thanks all the same.
Robert: We have 25 entries for you tonight, which isn't a lot, but there you are.
Sam: Some are even bearable, but I'm sure we'll have the usual interesting ones in there as well for good measure.
Robert: Right, no voting stuff for me to gabble through this time, so let's get to it.

Robert: What an indifferent start.
Sam: Yep. Your feet will be staying warm because no socks are being blown off here.
Robert: It's not exactly a brilliant entry, I have to say. Sorry Beepee but this one is not for me.
Sam: Yeah, I hate to say it but Robert's right.
Robert: Now, just to remind you at home, we're not taking part this time so I don't have any voting information to give you for now.
Sam: Which means we can just move on, can't we?
Robert: Indeed we can!

Robert: Didn't we just hear this song?
Sam: It is very similar, isn't it, to the one that came before from Beepee. That can't be a good thing for Plangainer in the voting.
Robert: Indeed not, we'll have to see how they get punished for that one.

Robert: Some will call this "performance art". Others will call it "a load of crap".
Sam: Something tells me this won't get nul points but nonetheless it's not the worst thing Vartugia's ever sent, but nor is it the best by a long stretch of the imagination.
Robert: Yeah, that's not a winner, is it?

Robert: Now, this, from Illdonya, is probably the best of the four songs we've heard so far, but I have to say it's not great.
Sam: No, it does sound like something you'd have heard maybe 5 or 10 years ago. Mind you, in WorldVision, that's up to date, isn't it...?
Robert: Yes, indeed. As I said, though, it'll do quite well if this is the standard so far.
Sam: Yeah, no contest so far.

Robert: Bit of a shame here. As usual, the host country has spent so much on hosting the contest, which they're actually doing so well, that they've forgotten to actually spend any time or money on their own entry.
Sam: You're right, there, Robert. This isn't going to be troubling the top of the leaderboard.
Robert: Not really much more to say. It's underbaked. It's got a soggy bottom. Et cetera.

Robert: Oh dear.
Sam: Says a lot that we've been here for so many editions we've become desensitised to this rubbish but I can imagine why some feel their ears bleeding.
Robert: That's a last place contender, and certainly nothing off the televote.
Sam: Let's move on, and quickly too.

Robert: Ooh. Some "interesting" notes in there.
Sam: Do they not have vocal coaches in Indo States?
Robert: Evidently not.
Sam: It wasn't a great song anyway.
Robert: Agreed. The standard this edition is really poor so far.

Robert: I think in such a poor edition in terms of the standard of songs, this is probably the wrong edition to send something experimental like this.
Sam: I think you have to credit them for not playing it safe, though.
Robert: Oh, for sure, absolutely, but I think this will tank in the televote because of how love-or-hate it is.
Sam: Absolutely, another reason to abolish the televote altogether!
Robert: Let's not start now.
Sam: No, you're quite right, I'll save it for the Heads of Delegation meeting.
Robert: Anyway, Uthossia?
Sam: Predicting top 10. I don't think the televote will be strong enough for it to be in the top 3.

Robert: It's a real shame the staging is so underdeveloped.
Sam: Absolutely.
Robert Because this may well be the best StrayaRoosian entry, musically, that we've had.
Sam: I hate to say it, because of how underdeveloped the staging is, but you're absolutely right, Robert.
Robert: You hate saying I'm right?
Sam: Haha, no, I hate saying this is so good, because, as I said, the staging is pretty naff.
Robert: Yeah, what a shame. It's still good enough to do well, though, right?
Sam: Oh, for sure.

Robert: This wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I kept waiting for it to kick on a bit more in the second half, and it didn't.
Sam: Yeah, it's a box full of neutrals, it wasn't going anywhere fast.
Robert: A bit of a shame really because this song could have been really good.
Sam: Yeah. It's well put together though and the staging is very good.
Robert: Top half?
Sam: Top half.

Robert: Not their worst ever.
Sam: There's always a worse Placely Placington entry.
Robert: Shame about the irritable vowel syndrome. Are consonants banned in Placely Placington?
Sam: Probably.

Robert: Well done to the string band for that one. I liked it!
Sam: Although I'm not sure what they're smoking if they think violins can go that low. Someone needs a crash course in music theory over in Carrelie.
Robert: Yep. That said it was a very good song and should be in the top 5, but this is WorldVision so it probably won't be.
Sam: Yep. Shame, really.

Sam: Well, again, your socks aren't being blown off here, but this is OK.
Robert: Yeah, it's not really my cup of tea but if you enjoyed it at home, good for you.
Sam: You really hid your sarcasm well there.
Robert: Did I?
Sam: No.

Robert Well, again, this is middle of the road fare. Not much to write home about here.
Sam: Not too much to commentate on either.
Robert: Yep. Well done Norrp. See you in the top 10. We'll move on.

Robert: This is very different for them.
Sam: I mean, let's not kid ourselves, this will definitely still be in and around the top 5, but this is a departure from MCG's entries and this is probably a downgrade, certainly for us at least.
Robert: It's still very good though and will certainly be in the top 5.
Sam: Absolutely.

Sam: Didn't we just hear this?
Robert: Haha, I think so. It's certainly very similar to Malta Comino Gozo, so should do almost equally as well.
Sam: Well, as the great Ronnie Squawker used to say, "if is F1 backwards". I hope it does similarly but you never know.

Robert: I'm not too sure about this one. This isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but it's not exactly mind-blowing.
Sam: Yeah, I don't really know what to think about this. I think it will do well but I'm not sure whether I like it or not.

Robert: Well, it took a while, but we have our first screaming woman of the evening.
Sam: Yeah, not a great one to be honest. That won't be troubling the top 5, I'm afraid.

Sam: They're on debut, aren't they?
Robert: Yep.
Sam: Not a dreadful debut by any stretch of the imagination.
Robert: Yeah, I have not much to say on this one, other than "it was OK".
Sam: Not bad but not great. They'll be reasonably happy with that for a first effort.

Robert: Alezian Union with not their best entry ever.
Sam: Yeah but that'll still end up in the top 5, won't it? It's pretty decent in such a poor edition.
Robert: Absolutely.
Sam: If you sold insurance on WorldVision performances you'd have to sell a clause of "yeah but what if Alezia just turns up and blows all our socks off again" because even when the song isn't that good, like this edition, it's still something that's more than likely to happen, isn't it?
Robert: Well, I think that's a very accurate summary of that entry. Shall we move on?

Robert: The lyricist must have got carried away with the copy and paste on their laptop.
Sam: It was very repetitive, wasn't it?
Robert: Could have chopped the choruses in half, really.
Sam: I think we're being quite harsh, Robert, that is a very good entry from Terra-Zealandia.
Robert: Well maybe not "very good" but it was "good".

Robert: It's over, everyone. Achaean Republic there, trying to put people into a coma. To be fair, it might be quite hard for them to score points otherwise.
Sam: That was Achaean Republic, wasn't it? Very unlike them.
Robert: Indeed. I couldn't quite believe it either.

Robert: "We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher, I have a message for you in the middle of the election campaign. I have a message for you: We have knocked England out of the football World Cup. Maggie Thatcher, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Robert: Strange entry there from Kalosia.
Sam: I don't think they really care any more.
Sam: I mean, the staging was very bitty.
Sam: I don't know why there was a pause between every movement on the stage.
Robert: The song itself was fairly middle of the road.
Robert: It's not bad but not great.
Robert: It will be towards the top of the right-hand side.
Robert: But it's not troubling the top 5.

Robert: The tune was excellent. But the lyricist is fired.
Sam: As is the staging director. That was an omnishambles.
Robert: You know that phrase "save the best 'til last"? It's not applicable in this case.
Sam: Harsh.
Robert: But fair.

Robert: Anyway, that's your lot! Sorry if you didn't like any of them, there are no more to offer.
Sam: No voting for us tonight as we're not taking part, but here is a quick reminder of all 25 songs:

Robert: We'll be back with the interval act, don't go anywhere!

Carrelie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Carrelie » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:24 pm

2/25
CARRELIAN CONFEDERATION | CONFÉDÉRATION CARRELIENNE
Image---
Sylvia Knudsen, author and Carrelian singer from WV91
"Bonsoir Buaka, this is Mont-Sanguine calling! I'm here again with the votes of the Carrelian jury, the reigning champions twice over - and with any luck that'll become thrice! We've had an amazing time here in Carrelie celebrating tonight, and I'm sure you all have too! So, how did our jury vote? Let's find out with our first 7 points!

1 point: Waisnor
2 points: Malta Comino Gozo
3 points: Millenhaal
4 points: Aenglide
5 points: South Batoko
6 points: Plangainer
7 points: Achaean Republic

"Now for our top 3!"

"8 points go to..."
Obrela!

"10 points go to..."
Toluiwa!

"And of course, our 12 points go to the absolutely amazing, breathtaking entrant from..."
UTHOSSIA!

"Congratulations to our 12 points and good luck to everyone, especially our girl Marje! Goodnight Buaka and may the best song win!"
✿ Carrelian Confederation ✿
NS Stats not canon

Member of WMCA
WaisnorMalta Comino GozoCarrelieAlezian UnionAchaean RepublicUthossia
Caribou Island (Moorland) & Aenglide are also there.
Ignore literally every vaguely political post I made pre-2022 my views and understandings have changed significantly :)

Tummylandia and Susistan
Envoy

Founded: Aug 20, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tummylandia and Susistan » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:16 am

3. tummylandia ad susistan

1. plangainer
2.strayaroos
3. aenglide
4. waisnor
5. beepee
6. malta comino gozo
7. achaean republic
8. Vartugia
10. alezian union
12. UTHOSSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Tummylandia and Susistan on Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tummylandia and Susistan
Factbooook! | We don't use NS stats and stop assuming us because of our flag. Read the factbooks. | sample text

Illdonya
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Illdonya » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:53 am

Hey WorldVision viewers! Remember me? It's me Maya Dawn calling from Feker Libi! Our juries had an EXTREMELY tough time deciding who would get our points. Lets jump right in!

The display shows the points for 1-10:
10 points to Alezian Union
8 points to Beepee
7 points to Toluiwa
6 points to Fatimanian Federation (Indo States)
5 points to Norrp
4 points to Plangainer
3 points to Pemecutan
2 points to Aenglide
1 points to StayaRoos

And our twelve points go to...
WAISNOR

Congrats!
Worldvision 97, 20th place
Worldvision 98, 19th place
Worldvision 99, 32nd place
Worldvision 102, 5th place
Worldvision 103, 19th place
Worldvision 104, 8th place
Worldvision 105, 26th place
Worldvision 106, 12th place

Kuhling (Feker Libi) International Airport

Malta Comino Gozo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Malta Comino Gozo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:50 am

Good Evening Buaka, Good Evening WorldVision! This is Għain calling, host of WorldVision 105! We want to thank you again for making it so unique! South Batoko you are doing a fab job! I am a massive fan of the contest and am delighted to be awarding the points tonight! So here we go here are the points!

Maison Aquilina

7 Waisnor
6 Obrela
5 Illdonya
4 Beepee
3 StrayaRoos
2 Uthossia
1 Plangainer

We move on to the top three.

Our 8 points tonight are awarded to
Norrp!

10 points tonight go to the amazing
Aenglide!!

And finally our 12 points our douze points from Malta Comino Gozo tonight are going to...
Our bro's Achaean Republic!!!

Grazzi and good luck all!!
Last edited by Malta Comino Gozo on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malta Comino Gozo WV Committee member. International Broadcast Alliance founding member. Member of the WMCAverse, Waisnor/Malta Comino Gozo/Carrelie/Alezian Union Achaean_Republic

Aenglide
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aenglide » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:47 am

6/25 - Aenglide

Lina Letlen - Keterig, Aenglide

Hello Buaka! Greetings! Yes it is Lina Letlen calling again! Great job South Batoko you all know how to put on an astounding show! Here are our points from the Aenglish jury:

1 Waisnor
2 Crustyland
3 Achaean Republic
4 Norrp
5 Terra Zealandia
6 Beepee
7 Millenhaal
8 Pemecutan
10 Malta Comino Gozo

UTHOSSIA!!!
AENGLIDE

The Federation of Aenglide | Federatig Ænglide | Fiterääne Angeeli | Ajunnuna Anigilaak | ᐱᑦᑲᓅᓇ ᐊᖏᓛᑦ/Pitkanuuna Angilaat

A LAND OF FOUR CONLANGS. Aenglic/Ænglik Sprök, Hööra, Uqqurapiata, Kuqaarii/ᑯᖄᕇ !

Standard English: /eɪŋliːd/
Aenglic: /ængliːdə/
WMCA Observer State | WorldVision Committee Member | IIWIKI Page | NS stats not canon

Terra-Zealandia
Secretary

Founded: Sep 17, 2022

Postby Terra-Zealandia » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:52 am

7/25 - Terra Zealandia

Lily Marsden - Barington, Terra Zealandia

Kia ora koutou Pātoko ki te Tonga! South Batoko how's it going! All the way from down under in Terra Zealandia come our jury points!

1 Carrelie
2 Malta Comino Gozo
3 South Batoko
4 Kalosia
5 Aenglide
6 Toluiwa
7 Illdonya
8 Crustyland
10 Fatimanian Federation

OBRELA!!!
TERRA ZEALANDIA • AOTEAMOEMOEĀ
One of Aenglide's many puppets.

Crustyland
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Crustyland » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:59 am

Good Evening Buaka! This is Rannk Crustyland calling! The show as amazing! here are our points!

Magga Aarseth

12 Millenhaal
10 Terra Zealandia
8 Kalosia
7 StrayaRoos
6 Toluiwa
5 Malta Comino Gozo
4 Pemecutan
3 Fatiman Federation
2 Obrela
1 South Batoko

Thank you!

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:18 am

WAISNOR IS CALLING

"Well, hello there! Waisnor is here with the votes, and I, Renat Butov, am going to announce them for all of you to hear. Once again, as per tradition, I wish luck to all of the contestants, let the best win, all that. Now, going to the important part:"

1 point - TERRA ZEALANDIA
2 points - NORRP
3 points - PEMECUTAN
4 points - BEEPEE
5 points - UTHOSSIA
6 points - KALOSIA
7 points - MALTA COMINO GOZO

8 points - CARRELIE

10 points - ALEZIAN UNION

12 points - PLANGAINER
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31