NATION

PASSWORD

Bronze Jubilee (All)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Elvwitand
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Bronze Jubilee (All)

Postby Elvwitand » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:52 pm

boring ooc stuff but please read

ooc: no signups will be required! If you played in my other thread A Trip in Amethyst you should know what you are in for. an ooc will be started if needed for discussions but do take time to read this thread before you jump in. Obey the site rules and overall I think you know how to play in threads like these so the rest goes without saying but goofy nonsensical drive by posts will be ignored. This is a party with class, this is not a ballroom blitz! Please have written your characters as already ENTERED THE BALLROOM and Let's have fun.

Salutation one and all for you are now invited to attend a most delightful and special event hosted by Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Euphyllia of the House of Hyacinth the Order Most High, Divined by the Great Goddess Amethyst the Empress celebrates her Bronze Jubilee, signifying her 15th year of being the Empress of all Elvwitand in the current Elfen Era marked by her name, the evening of Twenty-First of June at the Great Castle of Caerleon in the Imperial Capital of Amethyst. The party begins upon the setting of the sun, emergence of the stars and moon. Such a gala invites the most high and esteemed of society to dance, dine and mingle with Her Imperial Majesty as well as a great deal of many of the Empire's nobility of the like, and other figures of great prominence from across the Empire. Will you be so kind to join us for this grand occasion, topping off a delightful week of celebrations for her Imperial Majesty?

Dress in your best but hopefully your best represents the great traditions of your own people! Ours does too, naturally. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Looking down upon her fair capital city from her high tower in the castle, the Empress Euphyllia now officially 16 years of age but no less wise, I mean how can you not be when you have a treasure trove of endless books from all over the land, a host of tutors at your beck and call any number of servants who can also share their real world knowledge beyond what you can learn in the castle walls. Such a young age to be deemed an Empress for sure but tradition was firm, an heir upon death of the prior monarch must take the throne as soon as they are of age, in this case 14 in the Empire. But it hasn't only been two years, essentially since she could walk, talk and make any decisions (with advice of her aunt and others) Euphyllia has been able to make decisions regarding the Empire as a whole. She's bright and reasonably intelligent for her age but she's also no genius, but what leader really is?

This was to be a most exciting night, a great grand ball to celebrate her first 15 years on the throne, who could believe it? So much changed in such a short time, it was considered a whole new era and not just by name. It also was a sign for another thousand years of Elfen Rule at least, following in the wake of her mother and grandmother before her. It was coming upon the time when guests were to be arriving and she'd make her entrance. All the Empires nobility were expected, the Church's highest clergy were expected, just about everyone would be in this castle tonight.

Looking at the setting sun, she seemed rather lost in thought, hardly pensive, a bit nervous perhaps but still eager to see her adoring court (hopefully adoring, again we're talking another elf dynasty here) only interrupted by her chambermaid, Ilia Pessier entered the bed chambers, hoping to be rather quiet and go about her duties, less she interrupt her Mistress in some great deep thought. "Ilia...." Euphyllia turned to see her maiden getting the lamps ready for lighting "I don't think you need to waste your time with lighting the lamps. After all, I'll be about the ballroom most of the evening."

"Oh, Your Highness, I see what you mean. I only hoped to have your chambers turned down and ready for when you intend to retire for the evening."

Smiling and walking to her maid, Euphyllia gently took the lamp from her and setting it down on the table at the bedside, speaking further, "There's no need. It's a full moon tonight, this room will be bathed in the moonlight and I find it so soothing and beautiful, so why spoil with the light of the flames tonight?" As if she was against the beautiful warm glow of fire either but the moon was pretty and she enjoyed it.

"As you wish, Your Highness."

"But do take care to light the lamps for Sharian, for when she returns. She's still quite fearful of the dark."

"Yes Highness. Oh and for Irrin and Darfin as well? Shall I see to their chambers?"

"Best do so for Darfin but I don't think Irrin needs so." Those names in question are her younger siblings, Irrin, her brother, adopted by her estranged father during his travels in Lananvu. Darfin, her other younger brother and Sharian, her youngest sister, both fathered through mistresses, meaning Euphyllia was the only Princess by blood of her mother and father.

"Yes Your Highness, I will see to it then."

"Please do so. And when you're done, please see that our guests are taken care of as well. Obviously we have the host of maids and kitchen staff down stairs but still, you as my personal maiden I give my trust to you."

"As you wish." She bowed and excused herself. Taking a look at a pocket watch, one of the few gifts bestowed by her father the time was ticking away and the sun was changing over to a moon. It was nearly time.

The Ballroom

Before the doors would be opened that separated the room from the entrance corridor, it was a busy hive of activity. Every member of the castle staff, from the kitchen and chamber staff to the lowest of the classes worked to make the room ready. Food laid carefully on the tables for people to chose from if hungry, drinks a plenty, the finest fresh made wines from around the Empire, sparkling champagne poured from a lovely fountain placed on said table. If someone desired to not consume alcohol, plenty of choices would be available as well. Quietly with a watchful eye stood Xalana Lunapelt, the guard to the Empress and the subjects to plenty of rumor. Some say she was the secret mother of the Prince Irrin, (after all the other two were born of an affair who's to say he was really "adopted" from the mean streets as was talked about. If not a secret parent, maybe a secret lover? Nothing suggested the Prince and a common Royal Guard were having some secret love affair, but it wasn't without precedent in the long history of this nation. She too took a look at her watch and gave the floor a tap with the heel of a spear. "May the room come to an order."

The maids all aligned into nice neat rows with their heads bowed. "His Royal Highness, Prince Irrin." Irrin walked in first walking along the row of servants to greet him to his place, a set of small thrones set out for the royal family upon a small stage set up for them. Each arranged according to their rank, the Princes and Princess would occupy chairs with their heights according to their stature and status in the family. Even though they weren't by blood, their sister saw to it they were treated with the dignity a royal deserves, which is far better than the illegitimate children of monarchs of eras past but that's another story. "His Royal Highness, Prince Darfin." The little boy entered shortly after, taking a small stumble but nobody would snicker, lest they find themselves out of a job. "Her Royal Highness, Princess Sharian." Sharian entered holding the skirt of her own long dress and took her own seat next to her brothers. She was giddy as can be, cheerful and excited. "You two, hold still, and don't fidget so much." Irrin whispered to both of them. "Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Euphyllia." Finally Euphyllia's turn to enter and she took her seat as well. "The High Cleric of the Church of Amethyst, Her Holiness Azrael." The Second Highest rank in the Empire, the High Cleric, Azrael she took her spot behind the Empress' chair but to be honest she wouldn't have much to do besides stand their in solidarity with her monarch. "Ladies," The Empress said to the maids, "Please open the doors for our guests."

First thing was first, anyone who hadn't yet came to pay their respects to the Empress and congratulations to her, these were the rank and file of the Empires nobility, Lords, Ladies, Counts, Earls, Barons, Dukes and Duchess alike. Old and young and everyone else in between. Members of the Churches came to pay their respects and wish all the blessings on her family and her rule to come. With that out of the way now any foreign dignitary was welcome to come up and give their greetings to the Empress.

Q: What tech is this?
A: Elvwitand is a fantasy nation but this thread is welcome to all tech levels and thus all kinds of people Whether you see this as canon to your nation, the result of your leader being hit by a truck, the pages of a storybook or some strange fever dream is up to you!

Q: Can I send X [species, delegate, etc]
A: As above. Keep in mind because magic rules apply, if you are some giant creature the size of Jupiter you'll be immediately shrunken down to be of reasonable size. I mean everyone's got to fit in this ballroom after all. This is a gala for an Empress so naturally you'll probably want to send someone of high class but who says a party crasher can't find their way in?

Q: What should/can I wear?
A: While a party and formal event, you can wear any outfit of your nations culture and whatever you desire to dress in. E.g. Fancy ballroom dress, tuxedo, gensai, kimono, fanciful suit armor. Point is, be creative! And of course follow the forums rules, use pictures with discretion.

Q: Why Bronze? Don't you know that ....
A: Because it's my nation and I do what I want!

Q: A child leader, really?
A: Yes really!

Phibeta
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phibeta » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:07 pm

the Great Castle of Caerleon, Amethyst, Elvwitand. March 18, 2023.

“Presenting, Her Majesty, Queen Diane II, of the Grand Kingdom of Phibeta followed by the Prince Consort, His Royal Highness, Prince Walter, Duke of Korngold!” shouts the guard as Queen Diane II, dressed in a plaid kilt, a dark red coat and white blouse, and a plaid bonnet, a style worn by people of the Phibetan Midlands alongside her husband, Prince Walter wearing full military regalia make their way through the halls of the great castle.

This will be the first time Queen Diane II stepped out of the country since her own jubilee (the Silver) and the birth of her second child, Prince Matthew. It was upon the word of her new diplomat in the Holy Empire of Elvwitand, Nobukazu Dragonus that she should attend this ball to further the relationship of the two nations. Elvwitand is a relatively new nation on Phibeta’s radar. It’s appearance years ago caught the curiosity of the few mages and wizards remaining in Phibeta, not that they have gone away, but there has been a decrease of citizens with magic potential. Her Majesty herself does not practice any form of magic but is aware of its existence.

“Doesn’t this all remind you of our past?” Walter says to her, reminding her of the history of her own kingdom. The scenery reminds them of how Phibeta used to be around the age of the Brudors (Tudor Era) and an age where there were more wizards, mages, and the occasional dragons. “It’s like looking through a mirror of some sort”.

“I agree that it does bring some nostalgia” Diane replies, “but remember, they too are a modern nation like us. Though there seem to be many differences, we share a fascination with the supernatural, the elemental, and the unknown”.

“Well put, my dear”.

“I just hope our children are alright”. She was referring to her daughter Princess Olivia and the aforementioned Prince Matthew.

‘Olivia is an adult, she will do well if things were to happen in our absence, and the nanny is looking after Matthew. As long as the prime minister and his cabinet does not do anything stupid, all will be well”.

“I just wish the parliament would stop all this Nationalist and Imperialist arguing. It is just commons sense now adays”.

“Yes my dear, but you won’t believe how stupidly stubborn those parliamentarians can be”. They both had a good chuckle. True, there has been a small increase of Nationalists in the county councils from the last election, but as long as the major parties (the Conservatives and Labour Parties) kept a higher majority, it was nothing to worry about. But politics aside, they continue to walk through the halls of the castle and greet the young empress with courtesy and respect. They know a thing or two of young rulers, the tri-monarchy of the 1800s were mostly in their young teens (14 at the latest for King Yohannes II).

“Your Imperial Majesty,” starts Diane II. “It is a privilege to be meeting you here tonight, may this be a sign of our two great nations furthering the new friendship that has been forged in peace”.
Queen Diane II
Prime Minister Douglas Sousa
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop
The Grand Kingdom of Phibeta
Conquérants Du Monde
National Anthem: Land of Hope and Glory
Capitol: Weston
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

Sombreland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sombreland » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:28 am

Although, of course, the Princess-Regent Alavaine de Cressa had brought members of the Royal Bodyguard and person attendants and advisors with her, for the first time in her life, she was being driven in a car towards a place where she would just have one companion with her--the Lady-Countess Uwanda Carnelian, who was her chief lady-in-waiting. The Lady-Countess wore a silvery gown, with short sleeves, large circular silvery earrings, and a silvery choker with pearls as well as a small coronet, also of silver, with small glittering gemstones. This was considered most appropriate. For it was pale before the gown and attire of the Princess-Regent. Her feline, wise eyes often looked with great devotion at the royal person whose companion she was.

As usual, she was in awe of the beauty of the royal person she was attendant to. The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, had black hair and a brilliant complexion; a voluptuous eye, veiled by long lashes; delicate coral lips; a slender neck; a graceful, opulent figure, and concealed in a satin slipper a slim and delicate foot. Even the most envious of the de Cressas were proud to see such a lovely flower flourishing in their soil, and those from the Provinces who returned home dazzled with her beauty if they had but seen her, and amazed at her knowledge if they had discoursed with her; for The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, was not only the loveliest, she was also the most erudite woman, having been schooled in the Royal Court by the most eminent scholars that could be obtained. She was known to be gentle in her normal manner, yet to have the quiet resolution and courage that her lineage had often possessed.

This loveliness was draped in a dark blue gown, embroidered in cunning patterns of golden thread that suggested her glorious ancestry, while she wore a diadem that was decorated with rubies and garnets so that at times it seemed to blaze softly like the embers of a quietly settling fire. Her dark hair was woven into many braids that looped like a mangle framing her elegant features and falling to between her supple shoulders.

The Princess-Regent could scarcely contain herself, her eyes alive with excitement. Her life had changed so much, so dramatically, and she spoke of this to the Lady-Countess Carnelian, of how excited she was and how delighted she was, and yet nervous of how she might be treated. It was also a great relief to be away from the rather tumultuous government business that had dominated her life over the past year.

When they arrived, the attendant to the Royal Guardsman driving the vehicle got out, opened the door, and saluted stiffly. The Princess-Regent and the Lady-Countess emerged and stood, the two of them, alone in the strange night. With her eyes dazzled by this strangeness, the Princess-Regent and her companion approached the palace and went in. Another ruler had arrived previously, they could see, as they passed rows of bowing maidservants. The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, stood patiently, with quiet and graceful dignity. She had been taught from a very young age how to wait.
Last edited by Sombreland on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elvwitand
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvwitand » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:26 am

Phibeta wrote:the Great Castle of Caerleon, Amethyst, Elvwitand. March 18, 2023.

“Presenting, Her Majesty, Queen Diane II, of the Grand Kingdom of Phibeta followed by the Prince Consort, His Royal Highness, Prince Walter, Duke of Korngold!” shouts the guard as Queen Diane II, dressed in a plaid kilt, a dark red coat and white blouse, and a plaid bonnet, a style worn by people of the Phibetan Midlands alongside her husband, Prince Walter wearing full military regalia make their way through the halls of the great castle.

This will be the first time Queen Diane II stepped out of the country since her own jubilee (the Silver) and the birth of her second child, Prince Matthew. It was upon the word of her new diplomat in the Holy Empire of Elvwitand, Nobukazu Dragonus that she should attend this ball to further the relationship of the two nations. Elvwitand is a relatively new nation on Phibeta’s radar. It’s appearance years ago caught the curiosity of the few mages and wizards remaining in Phibeta, not that they have gone away, but there has been a decrease of citizens with magic potential. Her Majesty herself does not practice any form of magic but is aware of its existence.

“Doesn’t this all remind you of our past?” Walter says to her, reminding her of the history of her own kingdom. The scenery reminds them of how Phibeta used to be around the age of the Brudors (Tudor Era) and an age where there were more wizards, mages, and the occasional dragons. “It’s like looking through a mirror of some sort”.

“I agree that it does bring some nostalgia” Diane replies, “but remember, they too are a modern nation like us. Though there seem to be many differences, we share a fascination with the supernatural, the elemental, and the unknown”.

“Well put, my dear”.

“I just hope our children are alright”. She was referring to her daughter Princess Olivia and the aforementioned Prince Matthew.

‘Olivia is an adult, she will do well if things were to happen in our absence, and the nanny is looking after Matthew. As long as the prime minister and his cabinet does not do anything stupid, all will be well”.

“I just wish the parliament would stop all this Nationalist and Imperialist arguing. It is just commons sense now adays”.

“Yes my dear, but you won’t believe how stupidly stubborn those parliamentarians can be”. They both had a good chuckle. True, there has been a small increase of Nationalists in the county councils from the last election, but as long as the major parties (the Conservatives and Labour Parties) kept a higher majority, it was nothing to worry about. But politics aside, they continue to walk through the halls of the castle and greet the young empress with courtesy and respect. They know a thing or two of young rulers, the tri-monarchy of the 1800s were mostly in their young teens (14 at the latest for King Yohannes II).

“Your Imperial Majesty,” starts Diane II. “It is a privilege to be meeting you here tonight, may this be a sign of our two great nations furthering the new friendship that has been forged in peace”.

(ooc: small note it is June but don't fret much about it, this is a Fantasy place where time is all wonky and stuff anyway lol)

Just before the Phibetan delegates arrived to greet Euphyllia was naturally someone else in her Council of Ministers, her equivalent Foreign Minister (title pending) Ameria Daceran "Your Majesty, I stand ready to serve you this evening. Forgive my tardiness."

"Truly is all right, Lady Daceran, I'm glad you're here. Now shall we begin our welcoming of our esteemed guests from Beyond?"

"Yes, Your Grace. Now to start we have the Queen and Prince Consort of Phibeta..." She was interrupted by a Guard calling out the same name. "Ah well there you go."

"Hehe it's all right, please do stay close I may need you yet."

"Yes, Your Grace."

Diane II, a lovely lady indeed, as another female Monarch she'd have the utmost privileges while here in Elvwitand and her Husband wasn't bad either. "Your Royal Highness." Euphyilla greeted in return "How lovely it is to finally meet you. Your excellent Envoy has spoken so very highly of you and without a doubt he was more than on the mark when he described you. I suspect he may be in the Far Western Realms by about now, as far as Shanjia or the icy glacier of Lanche by now. I know the purse of gold we gifted will serve him well to educate him the glory of our great Empire. Please do help yourselves to any refreshement you may wish or take in greatness of this castle for a while. I'm sure we shall dance and mingle further later."

She extended her hand to give a dainty shake for the Queen and to allow a kiss by the Prince Consort and let them pass along. Up next for a warm greeting would be

Sombreland wrote:Although, of course, the Princess-Regent Alavaine de Cressa had brought members of the Royal Bodyguard and person attendants and advisors with her, for the first time in her life, she was being driven in a car towards a place where she would just have one companion with her--the Lady-Countess Uwanda Carnelian, who was her chief lady-in-waiting. The Lady-Countess wore a silvery gown, with short sleeves, large circular silvery earrings, and a silvery choker with pearls as well as a small coronet, also of silver, with small glittering gemstones. This was considered most appropriate. For it was pale before the gown and attire of the Princess-Regent. Her feline, wise eyes often looked with great devotion at the royal person whose companion she was.

As usual, she was in awe of the beauty of the royal person she was attendant to. The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, had black hair and a brilliant complexion; a voluptuous eye, veiled by long lashes; delicate coral lips; a slender neck; a graceful, opulent figure, and concealed in a satin slipper a slim and delicate foot. Even the most envious of the de Cressas were proud to see such a lovely flower flourishing in their soil, and those from the Provinces who returned home dazzled with her beauty if they had but seen her, and amazed at her knowledge if they had discoursed with her; for The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, was not only the loveliest, she was also the most erudite woman, having been schooled in the Royal Court by the most eminent scholars that could be obtained. She was known to be gentle in her normal manner, yet to have the quiet resolution and courage that her lineage had often possessed.

This loveliness was draped in a dark blue gown, embroidered in cunning patterns of golden thread that suggested her glorious ancestry, while she wore a diadem that was decorated with rubies and garnets so that at times it seemed to blaze softly like the embers of a quietly settling fire. Her dark hair was woven into many braids that looped like a mangle framing her elegant features and falling to between her supple shoulders.

The Princess-Regent could scarcely contain herself, her eyes alive with excitement. Her life had changed so much, so dramatically, and she spoke of this to the Lady-Countess Carnelian, of how excited she was and how delighted she was, and yet nervous of how she might be treated. It was also a great relief to be away from the rather tumultuous government business that had dominated her life over the past year.

When they arrived, the attendant to the Royal Guardsman driving the vehicle got out, opened the door, and saluted stiffly. The Princess-Regent and the Lady-Countess emerged and stood, the two of them, alone in the strange night. With her eyes dazzled by this strangeness, the Princess-Regent and her companion approached the palace and went in. Another ruler had arrived previously, they could see, as they passed rows of bowing maidservants. The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, stood patiently, with quiet and graceful dignity. She had been taught from a very young age how to wait.

Her Minister whispered "Princess-Regent Alavaine de Cressa."

"It's a fine pleasure to meet you, Your Highness, good evening to you and welcome. How are you faring this fine night? All is well ,I hope? enjoying your time in our Imperial Capital?"

Sombreland
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sombreland » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:37 pm

The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, bowed, and said, "It is a great pleasure to be presented to Your Imperial Highness. This is a delightful palace, a beautiful setting for this gathering. And more than that, I am very happy to have come to this peaceful and welcoming place. I regret that my poor grandfather, whom I am regent on behalf of, could not see this or Your Imperial Highness himself, but I will be glad to tell him all about it. I look forward to having opportunity to get to know you and your country better." The warmth in her kind blue eyes, her lovely smile, and her graceful bow spoke volumes to accompany the courtesy of her greeting. While there was lively intelligence in her gaze, it was restrained by courtesy.
Last edited by Sombreland on Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:41 pm

Even as the events wound up (or down, whichever language you prefer), with the warm June day pushing on, not minding the goings-on of those present, a strange visitor would come forth from the masses, escorted by what seemed to be a well dressed woman who was of slightly shorter stature. Being 5'5 and 5'4 respectively, the duo were here on more formal terms, perhaps to visit the royal family, or simply enjoy their time here while hoping to poke at the local scenery. Nothing too important, but it could also be a mild mannered mission to check ahead of someone rather important. Assuming, of course, they were coming at all.

In all reality, one of them was a representative, the other one was to be kept on a leash, not that anyone here would be aware of that.

The representative, Franchesca DelMonte, can be seen stepping into the ballroom first, shadowed by the strange figure who seemed to have their hands wrapped in what seemed like bandages, though Franchesca didn't mind this, as she gestures for the well-dressed woman to follow her lead into the busy, lively atmosphere of the ball itself. It didn't take long for the stranger to suddenly wander off, of course, but Franchesca could only hope that trouble won't arise from this... Mild setback.

Sadly, for anyone of note here, she failed to recognize the royal family and any guests of honor, being poorly briefed and only being told that "It is a very nice diplomatic party. Behave yourself. Answer questions with a smile. Don't cause an incident." in short.
Last edited by Gonswanza on Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Janpia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 20, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Janpia » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:05 am

A glittering light pierces through the wine glass, with yellow Savagnin wine sparkling as it is rocked back and forth along the cup.

???:"Indeed, a fine taste of luxury"

A man in a suit whispered as he inspected the wine over the light, checking its volume and texture before taking a slight sip of it, slowly absorbing taste down. He pulled out his wine glass and twirled it once more.

???:"Wonderful ain't it"

He remarked. On a closer glimpse, the man is wearing a small badge of the party in his chest, a pair of glasses, and a watch of his own. He wore a red tie, and acted sleek and formal manner. Nonetheless he wasn't here for a simple party to say the least; but rather, a chance for the Janpian Union to expand its trading group and oversee the celebration as a sign of diplomatic attendance. Afterall, the Ariso Plan, an economic initiative of MEAT, is still in full swing at the halls of the Union of Party Members Committee. He was approached by a another man with the same outfit, with different colored ties. Truly a remarkable signature of the Janpian Diplomatic Corps.

???:"S-Sir Evdarao, how was your drink?"

Rep. Evdarao:"Fine. Very fine indeed. Such luxury unbeholden to the people... but thanks for asking, Rep. Davka... Shogino... Shogino correct?"

Rep. Davka:"A-aye! 3rd-Class Diplomat, Davka Shogino."

Rep. Evdarao:"Your not gonna leave the 3rd file ranks if you can't keep your composure.... Now, shall we?"

We addin themes now

Rep. Evdarao gestured towards the royalty for a proper homage and respects, with his gloves extending towards Rep. Davka. With gifts in their suitcase, they made their way towards the nobles and other high-ranking individuals, all while maintaining their composure and refraining from reacting to anything that could be seen as inequitable. Who would have thought that the socialist party would send representatives to a monarchial celebration? As for their gifts, they presented a fine box of chocolates made from a rare Janpian cocoa tree and a bottle of wine for each person they met. The chocolate boxes were adorned with golden ornaments on top, and a special carved Janpian maple tree stood upright over the queen's box. The chocolates seemed perfect, especially for a young queen, with rare ingredients that made them particularly fancy. Nonetheless, the ball seems active and the castle twilights along the young moonlit sky...
Last edited by Janpia on Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Long live the Janpian Union of Revolutionary States!

5th Era
- NS policies ain't real. (No prison policy? HAA)
- Yes. I am your average tankie commie.
- Nation doesn't totally reflect my political views.(Damn you random policies!)
- No. I ain't no FT nation
- Check my military equipments. Worked hard on dem drawings
- Currently trying to improve my RP quality, and improving past pain write-ups
-My favorite past time read. Probably the reference for my deathstar. But I still swear that I'm not an FT nation
- Sometimes I wonder what am I doing with my export program
- Spends majority of my time trying to fix my grammar at factbooks or future posts.
Alliances with:
-KTO
-LDO
HomeNewsGeneral InformationMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

Scytharum
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Scytharum » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:53 pm

It was one of the few times that the three of them had not had an entourage to escort them. The Kaiser Georg Friedrich I of the House of Hohenzollern, Roman Emperor Vittorio Emanuele of the House of Savoy, and Sovereign Romulus McCarthy of the United Commonwealths of Scytharum, all sat at one table, talking amongst themselves. The tensions of the Cold War had largely subsided decades ago; Scytharum and the German Empire sought cooperation, and this event was seen as a good way to introduce the world partners on the intergalactic stage, as well as to mend any sore points of their own relations. As well, the Roman Emperor Emanuele sought to improve relations with both powers, and so decided to accompany them.

The Kaiser, dressed in a traditional military uniform and Pickelhaube to match, said to his Roman counterpart, dressed in a similar, purple outfit with a golden wreath crown, "I have but hardly seen such a place of extraordinary elegance; or perhaps, I have long gotten all too used to Berlin. I certainly see it often enough." "Certainly," said Vittorio, gazing around at the various affluent figures, "a great seat and show of power, for a great empire. I conducted something similar in Rome back in the early 2000s, I'm certain you remember that, or at least hearing of it. You were a child at the time, yes?" "Indeed," said the Kaiser. "McCarthy, do you recall such an event? Memory of it escapes me." "I do," responded Romulus, dressed in a sleek Scythian suit and overcoat. "I wasn't in office at the time; I believe that was around the time I was beginning my tenure as an Alphamarine. I recall Sovereign Phineas Carlson using it as a venue to ask the remaining gold standard nations to move away from it." "Yes, I recall that, and surprisingly enough no-one made a great deal of it then. I am still surprised with how you Scythians have terms to your Sovereigns, you'll have to explain that to me later," said Vittorio, seeking to speak with various other officials.

"Let us go, gentlemen, we have many intergalactic officials to speak to. A pleasant evening is here, for us to enjoy. The wine is rich here." "I always love an opportunity for an opulent evening," said the Kaiser, taking a sip of his wine. "Very rich, indeed, and unique in taste. A drink, McCarthy?" "No, I don't drink. I guess many of your extravagances are not focuses of mine," said the Sovereign, trying to find the Empress of Elvwitand in the crowd, "I seek not to look as a monarch, but as one of my people would; I am amongst them. I am no monarch."

"Have either of you seen this Empress? I can't find her anywhere."
"I do not know," said Vittorio, taking another sip of his wine. "But as long as I have this wine here, I shall be as content as I may wish to be. Why do you seek her out, McCarthy?" "I wish to give my congratulations for this occasion. As well, I have some gifts of Scythian cheese and gold, as well as a Scythian flag, that I would like to give before the end of the night." The Kaiser, looking around, asked, "Do you think they have one of those chocolate fountains around here? Those are a delight to see, and greater to taste. You can tell quite a bit about a nation by the quality of its chocolate." The three laughed, and Vittorio replied, "Then let us embark for it, and the Empress, so that we may all give our congratulations, as well as our gifts; I have a gift of an ancient Roman helmet and flag. I certainly hope you didn't forget a gift, dear Kaiser?" "Certainly not, I have gift of a Prussian flag, sword, and a small booklet of German recipes. Now let us scout out the place."
The United Commonwealths of Scytharum

Greetings from the United Commonwealths, a bastion of Freedom, Catholicism, and Cheese, oh my! With a strong military and stronger beliefs in liberty, morality, and equality, Scytharum as a nation seeks to reflect the best in mankind, from his ambition to his moral compass. If one has a desire for greater faith, cool muscle cars, or some pretty great food, Scytharum is the nation for you! Have a wonderful day!
| Russian military drills in Lake Baikal raise concerns from China| Amazonas "Hoarding too many capybaras", says GGL Leader Erica Wilhelm | Vilnius & Warsaw riots suppressed by German Military Police | Scythian Humanitarian Aid sent to USA, Haiti after recent Hurricane Carl

Aurivala
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurivala » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:09 pm

Anabel I of Aurivala
Crisanto Flores

Castle entrance

A regal golden carriage pulled up to the castle gates, led by four magical winged horses. The group of guests disembarked and made their way toward the castle. They consisted of two Aurivalan Royal Guards in their ceremonial uniforms and carrying trumpets, Queen Anabel of Aurivala in an elegant low-cut green mini-dress and black ballet flats, and Captain Crisanto Flores wearing his navy officer's uniform, which was fancier than the guards' uniforms, with a sash, red cuirasse, gold epaulettes and an assortment of medals. They were on their way to attend the Empress's Bronze Jubilee, taking place in the castle ballroom.

Having previously visited Elvwitand before, the Queen was quite fond of the nation, which in many aspects was quite similar to her own Kingdom. However, she never got to see the Empress on her previous trip, let alone meet her up close. So when it was announced that Euphyllia was celebrating her 15th anniversary on the throne, and holding a grand public ball to mark the occasion, Anabel jumped at the chance to visit this beautiful realm again, and potentially even make friends with her fellow monarch. Upon receiving the invitation, she'd boarded the Ana Isabel and sailed for Amethyst at once, making good headway thanks to favorable winds and special magical fuel. In addition, she'd also brought along gifts for the Empress: a box of chocolates and a white swan stuffed doll (swans were the symbol of the reigning House of Cisneros, and thus, of Aurivala as well).

Ballroom

Rather than waiting for her name to be called, Anabel had decided to make a grand entrance, which she'd already planned and practiced. At her signal, the two Royal Guards marched in, raised up their trumpets, and played a short fanfare: C — C C E — E E G. Anabel and Crisanto walked in behind them.

«Señoras y señores, ¡la Reyna Anabel!» (Ladies and gentlemen, Queen Anabel!) the Captain proclaimed.

The Aurivalan queen was quite young herself (20)—not much older than Euphyllia. Like the Empress and the two guests before her, she was quite pretty too, with a fair complexion, well-proportioned features, long flowing black hair, and hazel eyes. She usually would've been wearing a crown or tiara too, but not this time, since she wasn't in her own Kingdom anymore, but a guest in another. Instead, she wore a simple but elegant golden headband. Anabel excitedly rushed up to the throne, with her presents in hand. "Ana Isabel of the House of Cisneros, Queen of Aurivala," she introduced herself, speaking with a slight accent (similar to a Spanish or Italian accent in the real world). "But Anabel is fine."

"And I am Captain Crisanto Flores, Aurivalan Navy," added the Captain. "It is our pleasure to be here with you, your Majesty. Congratulations on your Bronze Jubilee, and may your reign be a long and prosperous one."

"I have presents for you," Anabel continued, handing the box of chocolates and the stuffed toy swan to the Empress. "This is the best chocolate from Aurivala. And this bird is the symbol of our royal family. I hope you like them!"

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:53 am

They had arrived in the system a few days ago, actually.
    Nine ships, IFF identifying them as belonging to the Imperial Teienai Navy. An impressive force, centered around the Mirai-class Fleet Carrier RTNS Akiza, a detachment of Mobile Unit 8, to be precise its B-Force.
    Mobile Unit 8 was a bit of an extraordinary force as it was the centre and unit solely responsible for all shipgirl operations (or shippeople, as it were). These, seemingly, young women were manifestations of the Will of the Realm, and of its Empress, more so then the ITN usually was.
    And as the nine warships entered orbit above Amethyst, one could fear the worst...
    ...were it not for only standard patrols, a standard escort formation. No weapons were powered up, no shields safe for the navigational deflectors activated. On broadband, they transmitted their peaceful intentions to anyone, who wanted to listen.
    That there was no landing ship carrier present might have aided in that impression as well.
    It was not too long ago, that two shipgirls of the ITN, Aka and Shizuka, had visited the planet and made contact, the former being responsible for a lot of the intelligence they had on the planet.
    As it were, B-Force, Mobile Unit 8 had been in the area as they had heard of the fifteenth jubilee of Empress Euphyllia on the throne - a sixteen year old girl. As a party was planned, Shiko, Mobile Unit 8's flagship, had handed the responsibility down to her deputy and friend Akiza, who took the mission with self-confidence and much for the same reason as Shiko had denied it.
    And as a Tenzai H22T Blue Sky Shuttlecraft descended into the atmosphere, escorted by a flight of Aozora A135A Thunders, at least until they entered the atmosphere, Akiza leaned back. In a few minutes, they'd enter...

RTNS Akiza.
...and enter we did.
Norimi and Megumi flanked my sides, both heavy cruisers having large... 'deuterium storages', if you catch my meaning, and neither of them looking like they were up for shenanigans.
I allowed myself a self-confident, almost arrogant smirk as we entered the ballroom.
I was 'only' 1.6 metres tall, around average for a citizen of the Realm, but that did not include the two long, curved horns, dead giveaways as to who or what I was - the pointed ears and fangs only increased the impression, that I was not just some young woman from the Realm.
Wearing a black figure-hugging one piece dress with standing collar, red highlights emphasizing my own 'deuterium storages', I could afforc being confident, my escorts only making my point clearer.
After the two heavy cruiser girls, Ui came - our trusty tender carried our gift, flanked herself by Mio and Ritsu, who also didn't look like they were out to play.
The fact, that both girls were carrying their kanabou, huge, spiked clubs, over the shoulders, while Norimi and Megumi had their longswords in their sheathes on their belts, certainly helped with that impression.
We were not here to conquer, however.
That was made clear, when I stopped thirty steps away from the position I'd address the Empress, who was showered in gifts and surrounded by her amily. I bowed respectfully, from the hip. My fleetmates followed my lead without a moment of hesitation.
I rose and continued for fifteen steps.
Another bow, this one deeper.
A moment of pause, then I continued.
Around five metres before Empress Euphyllia and her throne, I stopped and, in one fluid, natural move, I sank to my knees and lowered my head until my forehead almost touched the ground. Then, I rose again.
"Greetings, Euphyllia, Empress of Elvwitand.", I spoke, "I bring greetings, congratulations and best wishes from the Realm of Teienai. Sakura Hananumi, Empress of Teienai, has been quite smitten by stories, news and reports of your quaint little world and while She, who She rules over the Realm, might not find the time to meet you here, this is our first present, which we are to bring you."
Mio moved forward, a scroll of fine bamboo parchment, in her hand. It was exactly that, an invitation in both our language and the local one.
"This is an invitation of the Empress of Teienai to visit Her in ther Summer Residence, the Nijiyama Palace on Hajimari.", I explained, the motioned Ritsu forward, "And this is a device, with which you can give us the word, that you wish to take us up on our offer, we will then make the proper arrangements."
Both cruiser girls stepped aside.
I continued.
"And this is our present to your jubilee.", I told her and Ui stepped forward, "To our understanding, You, Young Empress, and Your People value wisdom and knowledge. Indeed, one of the first stops of one of ours visiting your world was a gigantic library here in the capital. To that end, the Realm has this present for you."
Ui pulled out... a book.
"Or rather, this is a piece of the present.", I added with a grin, "A library's worth of books about the Realm, the stars, our history and culture, all translated into your tongue. We have them aboard Ui's Hull in orbit, ready to be ferried down."
And those were our presents, Norimi and Megumi were dedicated escorts.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Elvwitand
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvwitand » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:17 pm

Sombreland wrote:The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, bowed, and said, "It is a great pleasure to be presented to Your Imperial Highness. This is a delightful palace, a beautiful setting for this gathering. And more than that, I am very happy to have come to this peaceful and welcoming place. I regret that my poor grandfather, whom I am regent on behalf of, could not see this or Your Imperial Highness himself, but I will be glad to tell him all about it. I look forward to having opportunity to get to know you and your country better." The warmth in her kind blue eyes, her lovely smile, and her graceful bow spoke volumes to accompany the courtesy of her greeting. While there was lively intelligence in her gaze, it was restrained by courtesy.

"Ah thank you, so kindly. This is a castle that's stood for generations in this city, many great Queens and Empresses before me have been apart of these hallowed halls and now here I am another mark of her long storied history. I am sorry to hear of your grandfather's poor health, I shall send him a message with my well wishes as soon as possible. Until then, do give him my warm regards and thank you for still coming even with difficulties of that nature."

Gonswanza wrote:Even as the events wound up (or down, whichever language you prefer), with the warm June day pushing on, not minding the goings-on of those present, a strange visitor would come forth from the masses, escorted by what seemed to be a well dressed woman who was of slightly shorter stature. Being 5'5 and 5'4 respectively, the duo were here on more formal terms, perhaps to visit the royal family, or simply enjoy their time here while hoping to poke at the local scenery. Nothing too important, but it could also be a mild mannered mission to check ahead of someone rather important. Assuming, of course, they were coming at all.

In all reality, one of them was a representative, the other one was to be kept on a leash, not that anyone here would be aware of that.

The representative, Franchesca DelMonte, can be seen stepping into the ballroom first, shadowed by the strange figure who seemed to have their hands wrapped in what seemed like bandages, though Franchesca didn't mind this, as she gestures for the well-dressed woman to follow her lead into the busy, lively atmosphere of the ball itself. It didn't take long for the stranger to suddenly wander off, of course, but Franchesca could only hope that trouble won't arise from this... Mild setback.

Sadly, for anyone of note here, she failed to recognize the royal family and any guests of honor, being poorly briefed and only being told that "It is a very nice diplomatic party. Behave yourself. Answer questions with a smile. Don't cause an incident." in short.

Up next, reps "Franchesca DelMont" Lady Daceran informed though she sadly had no further information on that. "Good evening to you, Lady DelMont, thank you for coming! May I ask though who is in your accompaniment Forgive my lack of proper greeting but it seems we're only aware of the Good Lady here...." It happens, no big deal just meant she had some more studying to do and this was the perfect occasion to make new acquaintances.

Janpia wrote:A glittering light pierces through the wine glass, with yellow Savagnin wine sparkling as it is rocked back and forth along the cup.

???:"Indeed, a fine taste of luxury"

A man in a suit whispered as he inspected the wine over the light, checking its volume and texture before taking a slight sip of it, slowly absorbing taste down. He pulled out his wine glass and twirled it once more.

???:"Wonderful ain't it"

He remarked. On a closer glimpse, the man is wearing a small badge of the party in his chest, a pair of glasses, and a watch of his own. He wore a red tie, and acted sleek and formal manner. Nonetheless he wasn't here for a simple party to say the least; but rather, a chance for the Janpian Union to expand its trading group and oversee the celebration as a sign of diplomatic attendance. Afterall, the Ariso Plan, an economic initiative of MEAT, is still in full swing at the halls of the Union of Party Members Committee. He was approached by a another man with the same outfit, with different colored ties. Truly a remarkable signature of the Janpian Diplomatic Corps.

???:"S-Sir Evdarao, how was your drink?"

Rep. Evdarao:"Fine. Very fine indeed. Such luxury unbeholden to the people... but thanks for asking, Rep. Davka... Shogino... Shogino correct?"

Rep. Davka:"A-aye! 3rd-Class Diplomat, Davka Shogino."

Rep. Evdarao:"Your not gonna leave the 3rd file ranks if you can't keep your composure.... Now, shall we?"

We addin themes now

Rep. Evdarao gestured towards the royalty for a proper homage and respects, with his gloves extending towards Rep. Davka. With gifts in their suitcase, they made their way towards the nobles and other high-ranking individuals, all while maintaining their composure and refraining from reacting to anything that could be seen as inequitable. Who would have thought that the socialist party would send representatives to a monarchial celebration? As for their gifts, they presented a fine box of chocolates made from a rare Janpian cocoa tree and a bottle of wine for each person they met. The chocolate boxes were adorned with golden ornaments on top, and a special carved Janpian maple tree stood upright over the queen's box. The chocolates seemed perfect, especially for a young queen, with rare ingredients that made them particularly fancy. Nonetheless, the ball seems active and the castle twilights along the young moonlit sky...

Euphyllia exhaled a little still smiling, "It's really starting to liven up some more with more guests entering."

"Indeed, Your Majesty. Seems we still are lacking in research on all potential guests."

"Oh well, just the time to make new friends and acquaintances right? Only in this past hundred years has the fog of the unknown lifted to reveal different kinds of lands beyond our realms. Beyond the Borealians even."

"Yes, Your Majesty, well put. Anyway our next guests are from Janpia Evdarao, Davka."

Allowing them to step up and pay homage to Her Imperial Highness they presented her with a gift, delightful gift of chocolates "Ah chocolates! Perhaps you are aware that I have quite the sweet tooth. These must be placed for later when I need a good midday treat. "Ilia" she called for her maid at her side "Highness."

"Would you take these to my private food store."

"As you wish."

"Your gifts are delightful, I will look forward to having them when the time is right. In the meantime, won't you also partake in some refreshment here? Our kitchen staff have prepared a wonderful spread for all to enjoy."

Scytharum wrote:It was one of the few times that the three of them had not had an entourage to escort them. The Kaiser Georg Friedrich I of the House of Hohenzollern, Roman Emperor Vittorio Emanuele of the House of Savoy, and Sovereign Romulus McCarthy of the United Commonwealths of Scytharum, all sat at one table, talking amongst themselves. The tensions of the Cold War had largely subsided decades ago; Scytharum and the German Empire sought cooperation, and this event was seen as a good way to introduce the world partners on the intergalactic stage, as well as to mend any sore points of their own relations. As well, the Roman Emperor Emanuele sought to improve relations with both powers, and so decided to accompany them.

The Kaiser, dressed in a traditional military uniform and Pickelhaube to match, said to his Roman counterpart, dressed in a similar, purple outfit with a golden wreath crown, "I have but hardly seen such a place of extraordinary elegance; or perhaps, I have long gotten all too used to Berlin. I certainly see it often enough." "Certainly," said Vittorio, gazing around at the various affluent figures, "a great seat and show of power, for a great empire. I conducted something similar in Rome back in the early 2000s, I'm certain you remember that, or at least hearing of it. You were a child at the time, yes?" "Indeed," said the Kaiser. "McCarthy, do you recall such an event? Memory of it escapes me." "I do," responded Romulus, dressed in a sleek Scythian suit and overcoat. "I wasn't in office at the time; I believe that was around the time I was beginning my tenure as an Alphamarine. I recall Sovereign Phineas Carlson using it as a venue to ask the remaining gold standard nations to move away from it." "Yes, I recall that, and surprisingly enough no-one made a great deal of it then. I am still surprised with how you Scythians have terms to your Sovereigns, you'll have to explain that to me later," said Vittorio, seeking to speak with various other officials.

"Let us go, gentlemen, we have many intergalactic officials to speak to. A pleasant evening is here, for us to enjoy. The wine is rich here." "I always love an opportunity for an opulent evening," said the Kaiser, taking a sip of his wine. "Very rich, indeed, and unique in taste. A drink, McCarthy?" "No, I don't drink. I guess many of your extravagances are not focuses of mine," said the Sovereign, trying to find the Empress of Elvwitand in the crowd, "I seek not to look as a monarch, but as one of my people would; I am amongst them. I am no monarch."

"Have either of you seen this Empress? I can't find her anywhere." "I do not know," said Vittorio, taking another sip of his wine. "But as long as I have this wine here, I shall be as content as I may wish to be. Why do you seek her out, McCarthy?" "I wish to give my congratulations for this occasion. As well, I have some gifts of Scythian cheese and gold, as well as a Scythian flag, that I would like to give before the end of the night." The Kaiser, looking around, asked, "Do you think they have one of those chocolate fountains around here? Those are a delight to see, and greater to taste. You can tell quite a bit about a nation by the quality of its chocolate." The three laughed, and Vittorio replied, "Then let us embark for it, and the Empress, so that we may all give our congratulations, as well as our gifts; I have a gift of an ancient Roman helmet and flag. I certainly hope you didn't forget a gift, dear Kaiser?" "Certainly not, I have gift of a Prussian flag, sword, and a small booklet of German recipes. Now let us scout out the place."

For those wishing to see the Empress it was pretty easy, just follow the line of people waiting to pay homage. For those desiring to see what the buffet spread had, which did indeed, contain a chocolate fountain, that too was easy, just look for the tables being constantly tended to by the working maids who made sure the plates were well stacked and fresh dishes were placed out.

"Your Imperial Highness, may I present next is Kaiser Georg Friedrich I of the House of Hohenzollern, Roman Emperor Vittorio Emanuele of the House of Savoy, and Sovereign Romulus McCarthy of the United Commonwealths of Scytharum. Your Excellencies, Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Euphyllia. "

"Your Excellencies, Great Men of your Realms I am delighted to make your acquaintances at last thank you for coming all this way for this glorious occasion. How are we faring this evening, well I hope?"

Aurivala wrote:Anabel I of Aurivala
Crisanto Flores

Castle entrance

A regal golden carriage pulled up to the castle gates, led by four magical winged horses. The group of guests disembarked and made their way toward the castle. They consisted of two Aurivalan Royal Guards in their ceremonial uniforms and carrying trumpets, Queen Anabel of Aurivala in an elegant low-cut green mini-dress and black ballet flats, and Captain Crisanto Flores wearing his navy officer's uniform, which was fancier than the guards' uniforms, with a sash, red cuirasse, gold epaulettes and an assortment of medals. They were on their way to attend the Empress's Bronze Jubilee, taking place in the castle ballroom.

Having previously visited Elvwitand before, the Queen was quite fond of the nation, which in many aspects was quite similar to her own Kingdom. However, she never got to see the Empress on her previous trip, let alone meet her up close. So when it was announced that Euphyllia was celebrating her 15th anniversary on the throne, and holding a grand public ball to mark the occasion, Anabel jumped at the chance to visit this beautiful realm again, and potentially even make friends with her fellow monarch. Upon receiving the invitation, she'd boarded the Ana Isabel and sailed for Amethyst at once, making good headway thanks to favorable winds and special magical fuel. In addition, she'd also brought along gifts for the Empress: a box of chocolates and a white swan stuffed doll (swans were the symbol of the reigning House of Cisneros, and thus, of Aurivala as well).

Ballroom

Rather than waiting for her name to be called, Anabel had decided to make a grand entrance, which she'd already planned and practiced. At her signal, the two Royal Guards marched in, raised up their trumpets, and played a short fanfare: C — C C E — E E G. Anabel and Crisanto walked in behind them.

«Señoras y señores, ¡la Reyna Anabel!» (Ladies and gentlemen, Queen Anabel!) the Captain proclaimed.

The Aurivalan queen was quite young herself (20)—not much older than Euphyllia. Like the Empress and the two guests before her, she was quite pretty too, with a fair complexion, well-proportioned features, long flowing black hair, and hazel eyes. She usually would've been wearing a crown or tiara too, but not this time, since she wasn't in her own Kingdom anymore, but a guest in another. Instead, she wore a simple but elegant golden headband. Anabel excitedly rushed up to the throne, with her presents in hand. "Ana Isabel of the House of Cisneros, Queen of Aurivala," she introduced herself, speaking with a slight accent (similar to a Spanish or Italian accent in the real world). "But Anabel is fine."

"And I am Captain Crisanto Flores, Aurivalan Navy," added the Captain. "It is our pleasure to be here with you, your Majesty. Congratulations on your Bronze Jubilee, and may your reign be a long and prosperous one."

"I have presents for you," Anabel continued, handing the box of chocolates and the stuffed toy swan to the Empress. "This is the best chocolate from Aurivala. And this bird is the symbol of our royal family. I hope you like them!"

"Our next guest of honor has arrived, they will announce her momentarily."

Queen Anabel, so far maybe closest in age to the Empress, maybe, but she was quite youthful that was for certain and pretty too. With her a Captain, no doubt one of her ranked soldiers here to secure her and escort her along, very good, a mark of a solid court! Nodding approvingly until she was approached "Thank you so kindly, Your Royal Highness, Captain, it is good to make your acquaintance tonight. I took look forward to many years upon the throne and to continue seeing the great Empire of mine flourish." The Queen quite casually suggested being called by her name was fine and well who was Euphyllia to disregard the wishes of a guest? "Very well, Anabel. A lovely name for someone as yourself I might say." Gifts were presented ,a cute toy swan, perfect for her bedroom to keep as a decoration of this occasion and chocolates! "Ah the swan is very cute. And chocolates are perfect for me, I have quite the sweet tooth you know, I love me good chocolate." Again she called for her maid who would swiftly take care of putting the gifts away for later. "Now, do help yourselves to any delicacies you might enjoy. I shall be roaming the floor in a bit."

To be real it was getting dull just sitting on this fancy chair and even her younger siblings were growing quite restless but customs came first, once the first arrivals were greeted in the traditional manner she would be able to roam a little more freely.

The Selkie wrote:
    They had arrived in the system a few days ago, actually.
    Nine ships, IFF identifying them as belonging to the Imperial Teienai Navy. An impressive force, centered around the Mirai-class Fleet Carrier RTNS Akiza, a detachment of Mobile Unit 8, to be precise its B-Force.
    Mobile Unit 8 was a bit of an extraordinary force as it was the centre and unit solely responsible for all shipgirl operations (or shippeople, as it were). These, seemingly, young women were manifestations of the Will of the Realm, and of its Empress, more so then the ITN usually was.
    And as the nine warships entered orbit above Amethyst, one could fear the worst...
    ...were it not for only standard patrols, a standard escort formation. No weapons were powered up, no shields safe for the navigational deflectors activated. On broadband, they transmitted their peaceful intentions to anyone, who wanted to listen.
    That there was no landing ship carrier present might have aided in that impression as well.
    It was not too long ago, that two shipgirls of the ITN, Aka and Shizuka, had visited the planet and made contact, the former being responsible for a lot of the intelligence they had on the planet.
    As it were, B-Force, Mobile Unit 8 had been in the area as they had heard of the fifteenth jubilee of Empress Euphyllia on the throne - a sixteen year old girl. As a party was planned, Shiko, Mobile Unit 8's flagship, had handed the responsibility down to her deputy and friend Akiza, who took the mission with self-confidence and much for the same reason as Shiko had denied it.
    And as a Tenzai H22T Blue Sky Shuttlecraft descended into the atmosphere, escorted by a flight of Aozora A135A Thunders, at least until they entered the atmosphere, Akiza leaned back. In a few minutes, they'd enter...

RTNS Akiza.
...and enter we did.
Norimi and Megumi flanked my sides, both heavy cruisers having large... 'deuterium storages', if you catch my meaning, and neither of them looking like they were up for shenanigans.
I allowed myself a self-confident, almost arrogant smirk as we entered the ballroom.
I was 'only' 1.6 metres tall, around average for a citizen of the Realm, but that did not include the two long, curved horns, dead giveaways as to who or what I was - the pointed ears and fangs only increased the impression, that I was not just some young woman from the Realm.
Wearing a black figure-hugging one piece dress with standing collar, red highlights emphasizing my own 'deuterium storages', I could afforc being confident, my escorts only making my point clearer.
After the two heavy cruiser girls, Ui came - our trusty tender carried our gift, flanked herself by Mio and Ritsu, who also didn't look like they were out to play.
The fact, that both girls were carrying their kanabou, huge, spiked clubs, over the shoulders, while Norimi and Megumi had their longswords in their sheathes on their belts, certainly helped with that impression.
We were not here to conquer, however.
That was made clear, when I stopped thirty steps away from the position I'd address the Empress, who was showered in gifts and surrounded by her amily. I bowed respectfully, from the hip. My fleetmates followed my lead without a moment of hesitation.
I rose and continued for fifteen steps.
Another bow, this one deeper.
A moment of pause, then I continued.
Around five metres before Empress Euphyllia and her throne, I stopped and, in one fluid, natural move, I sank to my knees and lowered my head until my forehead almost touched the ground. Then, I rose again.
"Greetings, Euphyllia, Empress of Elvwitand.", I spoke, "I bring greetings, congratulations and best wishes from the Realm of Teienai. Sakura Hananumi, Empress of Teienai, has been quite smitten by stories, news and reports of your quaint little world and while She, who She rules over the Realm, might not find the time to meet you here, this is our first present, which we are to bring you."
Mio moved forward, a scroll of fine bamboo parchment, in her hand. It was exactly that, an invitation in both our language and the local one.
"This is an invitation of the Empress of Teienai to visit Her in ther Summer Residence, the Nijiyama Palace on Hajimari.", I explained, the motioned Ritsu forward, "And this is a device, with which you can give us the word, that you wish to take us up on our offer, we will then make the proper arrangements."
Both cruiser girls stepped aside.
I continued.
"And this is our present to your jubilee.", I told her and Ui stepped forward, "To our understanding, You, Young Empress, and Your People value wisdom and knowledge. Indeed, one of the first stops of one of ours visiting your world was a gigantic library here in the capital. To that end, the Realm has this present for you."
Ui pulled out... a book.
"Or rather, this is a piece of the present.", I added with a grin, "A library's worth of books about the Realm, the stars, our history and culture, all translated into your tongue. We have them aboard Ui's Hull in orbit, ready to be ferried down."
And those were our presents, Norimi and Megumi were dedicated escorts.

Ah ship girls! Now this was a treat indeed, there were not many of these kind here in Elviwtand, but they did exist here indeed so meeting some of a greater tech from beyond the unknown was truly a delight. "It's understandable, work often comes before pleasure! To your Empress from me, I wish her all my great warm greetings and thank for having esteemed delegates to come congratulate me in her stead." A special invitation was handed to her, well this was a delight indeed! "Ah I shall be most delighted for her to host me! Allow me to send a formal written acceptance but also feel free to give her my enthusiastic yes when you return to your realms. I shall look forward to meeting her." Next up the gifts to be presented to her, Lady Ui presented a great book but not just any book this was information on the land of these guests to her. "This is a delightful gift, I shall look forward to learning much, especially ahead of a visit! A library more you say? Most delightful and to have them translated to Elvish is truly above and beyond, you have my gratitude. Now, won't you help yourselves to all our delightful refreshments presented by the kitchen staff? If you are feeling hungry anyway, otherwise do go about the floor, I will be roaming plenty soon enough." She gave a bow of her head and allowed the delegates to move about, she'd have plenty to say to them soon enough.

A Brief Lull

"Your Highness," Illiya returned to her side "How are you faring?"

"Well all is well but I think I could use some drink. Perhaps sparkling ale if you'd fetch me a glass?"

"As you wish." One of the non-alcoholic beverages, best not get too much into the heavier drinks too early on, there were surely to be plenty more guests and dancing later. Presenting a champagne flute, a blue sparkling liquid was given to Euphyllia to drink. Rather she'd kind of nurse it a while just to keep her throat from running dry from talking plenty. "Let's see..." Taking a look at her pocket watch again, "It seems we have enough of a lull, I think we can all go about the floor now." She said to her siblings, all were quite enthusiastic to get off the chairs and go walk around and Euphyllia was no different. "I wonder if Aunty will be here tonight?" Sharian, wondered. Smiling down at her younger sister Euphyllia had an answer sort of anyway, "She'll do her best, I'm sure. I would love to have her too but it is a long way from Usmal to the Capital after all. Have heart, whether tonight or two weeks, we'll see her again. Meantime I think you were well behaved enough and sat as still as you can be so now go help yourself to some sweets. But not too many now"

"Yes, dear sister, I'll be careful."

With that the siblings began to fan out across the ballroom. Irrin was 13 now, edging on majority age certainly old enough for pretty girls and plenty of tales of adventure with his father to tell. (Granted some may be bit embellished), Darfin at age 9 getting curious but not quite that he was probably more looking forward to seeing who was around here, having not many people from beyond the Empire, even as a Prince. Of course Sharian age 11 whom the Empress was just talking to, was plenty lady like for her age, how can she not, Elviwtand operated on a female preferred primogeniture thus girls were always in line to the throne (even if said girl was technically illegitimate) thus she had to be drilled into being Princessly all the time! What caught her eye right now was the delightful lemon bars at the table! the boys (and her sister) like chocolate but she had a love of the tarts.
Last edited by Elvwitand on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:51 pm

DelMonte would have spoken up about Subject 2020... But it seems the odd girl had went missing. But rather than wait for them, she simply spoke up about them quickly with a rapid excuse.

"Oh, them? They are uh... They are a mild victim of some accident in the lab, I assure you, it's perfectly fine, since they are keen on experimenting on themselves. They formerly had a name, but over time they lost all memory of their past self. But they do respond to the moniker of Rose, if you'd like to address her as such. It's a bit unfortunate that she's lost her past self, though. But I assure you, she is a welcome, and kind presence. Wherever she is..."

Rose, as she was called, would find herself walking around, or rather, floating around, as tendrils under her dress carried her around with the awful scrapes of vine-like tendrils and spines against hard floor, her body slightly lifted as the dress hid the writhing mass well. Being a mere 17, she was nearing the age of adulthood, yet, she manages to float into an unlucky stranger, towering over the others given her stature of being 6'0"... Even as the vines below her skirt recoil into her body, she'd likely stand over him, but she was not a threat. Instead, she would offer a friendly greeting, even smiling perhaps a little too much, though it didn't help to distract from the odd coloration of her own face.

"Hi there little one. I'm Rose! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Erm, perhaps this wasn't the best way to introduce herself... Even with DelMonte trying to look for her. Alas, the ambassador will find her... Eventually.

Sadly for Rose, she would only get an off look from the guest, who slowly backs away to leave Rose to her own devices.
Last edited by Gonswanza on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Knia Blac
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 23, 2023
Ex-Nation

Parliamentary Election Results

Postby Knia Blac » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:13 pm

On the 24th of March, all ballots were counted, and for the Lower House of Parliament, the Knia Freedom Party (KFP), received 68% of the seats in the Upper House, and the Knia Nationalist party (KNP), received 13% of the seats, other seats were to smaller parties, but the Knia Socialist Party (KSP), received 7% of seats, in the Upper House.

In the Lower House, the KFP received 71% of the seats, and the KNP received 11%, and the KSP received 9% of the seats in the lower house, with other 9% went to minor parties.

May they do what is good for the Republic!

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:14 am

Elvwitand wrote:[...]

Ah ship girls! Now this was a treat indeed, there were not many of these kind here in Elviwtand, but they did exist here indeed so meeting some of a greater tech from beyond the unknown was truly a delight. "It's understandable, work often comes before pleasure! To your Empress from me, I wish her all my great warm greetings and thank for having esteemed delegates to come congratulate me in her stead." A special invitation was handed to her, well this was a delight indeed! "Ah I shall be most delighted for her to host me! Allow me to send a formal written acceptance but also feel free to give her my enthusiastic yes when you return to your realms. I shall look forward to meeting her." Next up the gifts to be presented to her, Lady Ui presented a great book but not just any book this was information on the land of these guests to her. "This is a delightful gift, I shall look forward to learning much, especially ahead of a visit! A library more you say? Most delightful and to have them translated to Elvish is truly above and beyond, you have my gratitude. Now, won't you help yourselves to all our delightful refreshments presented by the kitchen staff? If you are feeling hungry anyway, otherwise do go about the floor, I will be roaming plenty soon enough." She gave a bow of her head and allowed the delegates to move about, she'd have plenty to say to them soon enough.

A Brief Lull

"Well all is well but I think I could use some drink. Perhaps sparkling ale if you'd fetch me a glass?"

"As you wish." One of the non-alcoholic beverages, best not get too much into the heavier drinks too early on, there were surely to be plenty more guests and dancing later. Presenting a champagne flute, a blue sparkling liquid was given to Euphyllia to drink. Rather she'd kind of nurse it a while just to keep her throat from running dry from talking plenty. "Let's see..." Taking a look at her pocket watch again, "It seems we have enough of a lull, I think we can all go about the floor now." She said to her siblings, all were quite enthusiastic to get off the chairs and go walk around and Euphyllia was no different. "I wonder if Aunty will be here tonight?" Sharian, wondered. Smiling down at her younger sister Euphyllia had an answer sort of anyway, "She'll do her best, I'm sure. I would love to have her too but it is a long way from Usmal to the Capital after all. Have heart, whether tonight or two weeks, we'll see her again. Meantime I think you were well behaved enough and sat as still as you can be so now go help yourself to some sweets. But not too many now"

With that the siblings began to fan out across the ballroom. Irrin was 13 now, edging on majority age certainly old enough for pretty girls and plenty of tales of adventure with his father to tell. (Granted some may be bit embellished), Darfin at age 9 getting curious but not quite that he was probably more looking forward to seeing who was around here, having not many people from beyond the Empire, even as a Prince. Of course Sharian age 11 whom the Empress was just talking to, was plenty lady like for her age, how can she not, Elviwtand operated on a female preferred primogeniture thus girls were always in line to the throne (even if said girl was technically illegitimate) thus she had to be drilled into being Princessly all the time! What caught her eye right now was the delightful lemon bars at the table! the boys (and her sister) like chocolate but she had a love of the tarts.

RTNS Akiza.
I allowed myself a satisfied smile.
It did not seem as if it would have been hard to make a good first impression, but we did and Euphyllia seemed very delighted at our presents. The invitation by our Empress seemed to be the most well-liked, while the books were deemed 'delightful.' After all, it was not only a present for her, but also for her people.
I bowed formally as we were invited to partake in the festivities and nodded to my girls, making way for whoever would come after us. We did not require sustenance like organics did, but we could enjoy it... not to mention, that this was a completely foreign culture, so maybe the odd bite was a diplomatic necessity.
First things first, though.
As we left the center of attention, I turned to my girls.
"Mio, Ritsu.", I began in our tongue, "I think you two can bring your clubs back to the shuttle." The two cruisers nodded. To them, my suggestion was as good as an order. I turned to Ui. "The two of us 'resupply' at the refreshments table. Norimi and Megumi... have fun."
"Understood.", my girls chorused back.
I smiled and, together with our trusty supply ship, wnet towards the refreshments.
We did not require sustenance, as mentioned, but I did like me something sweet every once in a while - and the lemon tarts looked delicious at a distance!
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Aurivala
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurivala » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:31 am

Elvwitand wrote:"Our next guest of honor has arrived, they will announce her momentarily."

Queen Anabel, so far maybe closest in age to the Empress, maybe, but she was quite youthful that was for certain and pretty too. With her a Captain, no doubt one of her ranked soldiers here to secure her and escort her along, very good, a mark of a solid court! Nodding approvingly until she was approached "Thank you so kindly, Your Royal Highness, Captain, it is good to make your acquaintance tonight. I took look forward to many years upon the throne and to continue seeing the great Empire of mine flourish." The Queen quite casually suggested being called by her name was fine and well who was Euphyllia to disregard the wishes of a guest? "Very well, Anabel. A lovely name for someone as yourself I might say." Gifts were presented ,a cute toy swan, perfect for her bedroom to keep as a decoration of this occasion and chocolates! "Ah the swan is very cute. And chocolates are perfect for me, I have quite the sweet tooth you know, I love me good chocolate." Again she called for her maid who would swiftly take care of putting the gifts away for later. "Now, do help yourselves to any delicacies you might enjoy. I shall be roaming the floor in a bit."

To be real it was getting dull just sitting on this fancy chair and even her younger siblings were growing quite restless but customs came first, once the first arrivals were greeted in the traditional manner she would be able to roam a little more freely.

[...]

A Brief Lull

"Aw thanks!" replied Anabel. "Yes, I love chocolate too, we all do haha. Well, catch you later!" She and Crisanto then went off to have a look around the ballroom. Then their eyes were caught by the row of tables offering lemon tarts and other treats, as well as wine and champagne. "Ooh, I see there's cake here! I want to get some."

At the refreshments table

Anabel and Crisanto immediately made their way to the table, where the snacks were being served. They waited for a bit, to see if somebody would come over and serve them—if not, they'd help themselves to the food.
Last edited by Aurivala on Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurivala
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurivala » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:31 am

Knia Blac wrote:On the 24th of March, all ballots were counted, and for the Lower House of Parliament, the Knia Freedom Party (KFP), received 68% of the seats in the Upper House, and the Knia Nationalist party (KNP), received 13% of the seats, other seats were to smaller parties, but the Knia Socialist Party (KSP), received 7% of seats, in the Upper House.

In the Lower House, the KFP received 71% of the seats, and the KNP received 11%, and the KSP received 9% of the seats in the lower house, with other 9% went to minor parties.

(OOC: I think you've got the wrong forum. National news goes in Factbooks & National Information.)
Last edited by Aurivala on Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sombreland
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sombreland » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:49 am

"Ah thank you, so kindly. This is a castle that's stood for generations in this city, many great Queens and Empresses before me have been apart of these hallowed halls and now here I am another mark of her long storied history. I am sorry to hear of your grandfather's poor health, I shall send him a message with my well wishes as soon as possible. Until then, do give him my warm regards and thank you for still coming even with difficulties of that nature."

The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, replied, "I will, indeed. Again: thank you for your hospitality, Empress Euphyllia. Until we meet again."

"It is an oddly relaxing feeling," the Princess-Regent, Alavaine, "To simply be one among many. It is a feeling I have not experienced before. Always the focus of things, even among the gatherings of our allies and during negotiations. And now...we are free to simply mingle and meet."

"Your Majestic Highness could never be merely one among many," said the Lady-Countess Carnelian. "How could you be? You are the goddess-descended Princess, and Regent of Sombreland. You, and only you, urged the possibility and obtained the Peace of Gyzantia. You were born, and brought to rulership, in your grandfather's name, in a time of great crisis for Sombreland."

"What you say is true, Uwanda," said the Princess-Regent, Alavaine, linking arms with her dearest friend and lady-in-waiting, "But it does not alter the fact that I am preparing to enjoy my relative unimportance in this place. Not as something regularly to be hoped for, but as a pleasant break from routine."

As they talked, they made their way towards a fountain sprouted table, where each of them took a glass of white wine and turned to watch the room and look upon the glittering royalty and envoys who had come. There was no rush for them; for the moment they were quite content to take in the atmosphere and soak it in.

Knia Blac
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 23, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Knia Blac » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:34 pm

Aurivala wrote:
Knia Blac wrote:On the 24th of March, all ballots were counted, and for the Lower House of Parliament, the Knia Freedom Party (KFP), received 68% of the seats in the Upper House, and the Knia Nationalist party (KNP), received 13% of the seats, other seats were to smaller parties, but the Knia Socialist Party (KSP), received 7% of seats, in the Upper House.

(OOC: I think you've got the wrong forum. National news goes in Factbooks & National Information.)

Thanks dude.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:32 pm

"Wait a second! This isn't my room!" Princess Chysanthe of Abetton shouted drawing a few eyes but seemed not many besides that. She hugged herself in embarrassment, this seemed like some kind of party hosted by her parents and here she was in her nightgown! Oh wait, no she wasn't, she looked down she was in a long ballroom dress, pretty frilly, light blue a bit translucent but not too showy either, what was on her head, a crown? Yeah a small Princess Crown, officially she couldn't wear that until she came of age and had her debut like her sister, even then it was really only for special ceremonies, like weddings, coronations and the like. Of course some days she wondered if she'd ever get to wear it all. Her health was okay but not always the greatest, she had a bit of a weak constitution at times and prone to serious illness after a while, the fact she made it this far in life at all was nothing short of a miracle, wait a minute was this life? She had been running a fever last few days, oh no "Am I dead? Did I die?" She wondered aloud but soon enough her questions would be answered when a small ball of light emerged at her side, "Good evening to you, Princess Chrysanthe."

"What? Who, what's going on here? Where am I?"

"As you so wished, I, Harbor Rainydale have transported you to the mystical lands of Elviwtand, the Empire of Mystics, Magic, strangeness and sorcery. Elves, dragons, humans, all kinds here."

"But am I still --"

"Very much so, Princess. Fear not, are you familiar with the story of Cinderella?"

"Uh-huh.

"This is like that. Your Cinderella moment here, for one night I will let you be a grand Princess who can dance and dine away like nobility of other realms and worlds just as your own. For now you are the Princess, Abetton's Princess and you get to be the representative."

"Does that mean at midnight, I'm going to uh loose my nice dress and crown here and just be standing here in my nighty?"

"Ahaha do relax, little one, come the time the magic runs its course you will simply be returned safe and sound to your bed with your loving family at your wait. I can imagine it's so hard to not be able to do much given how frail you are and so young still."

"Well yeah, I just want to be like my cool big sister and brother. I want to be a Princess Abetton can love and cherish and be proud of and --"

"Exactly so." The little fairy floated around now to her other side "Tonight is your night to be that. In the wonderful world of this storybook fairy tale you will now be the Great Princess who gets to meet a Great Empress and many more. So have courage and introduce yourself!"

"Well -uh - wait!" It seemed like she was being pushed forward, my goodness this fairy was strong, then again it's not like Chrys was that heavy either..."Just I --" Before long she was standing right with the Empress. Uh wait, what to do again? She'd been taught how to do this so many times suddenly she was drawing a blank. She looked a little foolish standing there as the Empress seemed to be patiently awaiting her to speak. A smile was given which made Chrysanthe feel a bit at ease, though perhaps she took notice of the fairy floating around her. "Good evening to you, Your Imperial Highness, Majesty-Woman...." She felt her face was red with a bit of embarrassment. She usually had her family around her when things like this happened or friends and that always gave her courage to do these. "I am, Princess Chrysanthe...Many happy wishes to you for your ---" The fairy whispered "Her Jubilee."

"Your Jubilee! Wow that's great, how many years has it been, Your Highness? My papa - er my father, the King, he's been on the throne for 13 years now! With mama - er that is The Queen - at his side...."

She allowed the Empress to answer and she nodded along understanding but it seemed others were waiting to pay homage "If you'll please excuse me, I'm sure we'll talk more later! I am delighted to be in your company!" That's how her sister had told her to say these things, yeah Peri was always smart and knew how to do things. Well for now she was actually feeling hungry.

"Well done, Princess."

"Please you can call me Chrissie if you like. You said your name was uh Harbor wasn't it?"

"To address you in such an informal manner, Princess would be most disrespectful and would make trouble for me, and maybe even you, thus I must keep addressing you as Princess or as Princess Chrysanthe. But do allow me to say you have a very pretty name, very befitting of a cute young girl as yourself."

"Ah thank you so much, Miss Fairy. Should I call you Miss Fairy or can I call you Harbor?"

"You may call me as you wish, Princess, you are of great importance after all."

"So you say the magic will run out, when exactly?"

"When it runs it runs, it's hard to put a time on things like that but again I assure you, you will make a graceful exit from here and not be embarrassed before all these great leaders and diplomats of the multiverses."

Chrysanthe helped herself to something tasty from the food table, roasted meats, how delicious! Oh desserts for later too! "How about Miss Harbor then? If you must be formal, no reason I shouldn't be right?"

"That's the spirit, little Princess! Allow me to be your guide and I shall make sure you are the talk of this evening."

"Well that's nice but pretty sure I'm not supposed to upstage the Hostess of the party, especially the Empress."

"Ah you do know your court manners for such a young age."

"Eheh well I'm not perfect but I really do try! But won't people back home be worried about me? My maid does check in on me during the night, cause you know she wants to make sure I'm not dead or anything..."

"Such morbidity from you!" Harbor recoiled aghast, "But again, fear not, Princess I assure your presence will not be missed this evening and come the morning your family will see your bright smiling face again."

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:59 pm

Abetton wrote:"Wait a second! This isn't my room!" Princess Chysanthe of Abetton shouted drawing a few eyes but seemed not many besides that. She hugged herself in embarrassment, this seemed like some kind of party hosted by her parents and here she was in her nightgown! Oh wait, no she wasn't, she looked down she was in a long ballroom dress, pretty frilly, light blue a bit translucent but not too showy either, what was on her head, a crown? Yeah a small Princess Crown, officially she couldn't wear that until she came of age and had her debut like her sister, even then it was really only for special ceremonies, like weddings, coronations and the like. Of course some days she wondered if she'd ever get to wear it all. Her health was okay but not always the greatest, she had a bit of a weak constitution at times and prone to serious illness after a while, the fact she made it this far in life at all was nothing short of a miracle, wait a minute was this life? She had been running a fever last few days, oh no "Am I dead? Did I die?" She wondered aloud but soon enough her questions would be answered when a small ball of light emerged at her side, "Good evening to you, Princess Chrysanthe."

"As you so wished, I, Harbor Rainydale have transported you to the mystical lands of Elviwtand, the Empire of Mystics, Magic, strangeness and sorcery. Elves, dragons, humans, all kinds here."

"But am I still --"

"Very much so, Princess. Fear not, are you familiar with the story of Cinderella?"

"Uh-huh.

"This is like that. Your Cinderella moment here, for one night I will let you be a grand Princess who can dance and dine away like nobility of other realms and worlds just as your own. For now you are the Princess, Abetton's Princess and you get to be the representative."

"Does that mean at midnight, I'm going to uh loose my nice dress and crown here and just be standing here in my nighty?"

"Ahaha do relax, little one, come the time the magic runs its course you will simply be returned safe and sound to your bed with your loving family at your wait. I can imagine it's so hard to not be able to do much given how frail you are and so young still."

"Well yeah, I just want to be like my cool big sister and brother. I want to be a Princess Abetton can love and cherish and be proud of and --"

"Exactly so." The little fairy floated around now to her other side "Tonight is your night to be that. In the wonderful world of this storybook fairy tale you will now be the Great Princess who gets to meet a Great Empress and many more. So have courage and introduce yourself!"

"Well -uh - wait!" It seemed like she was being pushed forward, my goodness this fairy was strong, then again it's not like Chrys was that heavy either..."Just I --" Before long she was standing right with the Empress. Uh wait, what to do again? She'd been taught how to do this so many times suddenly she was drawing a blank. She looked a little foolish standing there as the Empress seemed to be patiently awaiting her to speak. A smile was given which made Chrysanthe feel a bit at ease, though perhaps she took notice of the fairy floating around her. "Good evening to you, Your Imperial Highness, Majesty-Woman...." She felt her face was red with a bit of embarrassment. She usually had her family around her when things like this happened or friends and that always gave her courage to do these. "I am, Princess Chrysanthe...Many happy wishes to you for your ---" The fairy whispered "Her Jubilee."

"Your Jubilee! Wow that's great, how many years has it been, Your Highness? My papa - er my father, the King, he's been on the throne for 13 years now! With mama - er that is The Queen - at his side...."

She allowed the Empress to answer and she nodded along understanding but it seemed others were waiting to pay homage "If you'll please excuse me, I'm sure we'll talk more later! I am delighted to be in your company!" That's how her sister had told her to say these things, yeah Peri was always smart and knew how to do things. Well for now she was actually feeling hungry.

"Well done, Princess."

"Please you can call me Chrissie if you like. You said your name was uh Harbor wasn't it?"

"To address you in such an informal manner, Princess would be most disrespectful and would make trouble for me, and maybe even you, thus I must keep addressing you as Princess or as Princess Chrysanthe. But do allow me to say you have a very pretty name, very befitting of a cute young girl as yourself."

"Ah thank you so much, Miss Fairy. Should I call you Miss Fairy or can I call you Harbor?"

"When it runs it runs, it's hard to put a time on things like that but again I assure you, you will make a graceful exit from here and not be embarrassed before all these great leaders and diplomats of the multiverses."

Chrysanthe helped herself to something tasty from the food table, roasted meats, how delicious! Oh desserts for later too! "How about Miss Harbor then? If you must be formal, no reason I shouldn't be right?"

"That's the spirit, little Princess! Allow me to be your guide and I shall make sure you are the talk of this evening."

"Well that's nice but pretty sure I'm not supposed to upstage the Hostess of the party, especially the Empress."

"Eheh well I'm not perfect but I really do try! But won't people back home be worried about me? My maid does check in on me during the night, cause you know she wants to make sure I'm not dead or anything..."

"Such morbidity from you!" Harbor recoiled aghast, "But again, fear not, Princess I assure your presence will not be missed this evening and come the morning your family will see your bright smiling face again."

RTNS Akiza.
The girl in the frilly dress with the little crown looked absolutely adorable.
In a foreigner fairy tale kind of way, but still - adorable.
The small ball of light next to her, however, almost made me draw one of my charms, a flight of three Yoritomo B19Y Comets. Ui's hand stopped mine at the wrist.
"It's not a danger.", she whispered, "And doesn't seem to be a Thunderbug."
A Thunderbug was a pretty large insect from Yaburan III, a flying bug, who secreted a paralysing agent, which felt as if one had been struck by thunder, hence the name. On humans, it usually wasn't deadly, only very, very unpleasant, but on animals...
"...and Comets? Really?", my tender whispered to me with a raised eyebrow. "A full spread of photons?"
I shrugged with a smile, got her to release my hand and rubbed my wrist.
For a tender tender, she had a surprisingly strong grip.
In any case, I walked towards the girl, Ui in tow.
"Good evening, Young Lady.", I greeted her with a formal bow. "I see you found the meat selection... I must confess to having more of a sweet tooth." I was only 1.6 metres tall, so I was not looking down too much, but there was still a bit of a height difference... and another difference, me being a bit... shall we say... 'more developed'. "And I must confess to a lot of curiosity as well." I motioned to the bug (who was actually a fairy, but I did not know that yet). "If I may ask, who might this fellow be?"

The Distanic Confederacy
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 17, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Distanic Confederacy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:31 pm

quick ooc question
how low is the door/ceiling?
According to this this index https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018
My nation is an FT civ

Do we have ftl?-Yes but for scifi ftl, its fairly slow.
Where about are you scifi wise?-Slightly ahead of the UNSC tech wise (About 75 years ahead of them)
How hard of a scifi is yn?-Fairly hard as I try to keep the nation grounded in reality.
What about the Tantalus device?-That is a xeno artifact that in lore the confederacy has no idea how it works but it does and they want to keep it that way

Halfway through retconning the ft part of the nation to better fit the nation

Aurivala
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurivala » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:20 am

Abetton wrote:"Wait a second! This isn't my room!" Princess Chysanthe of Abetton shouted drawing a few eyes but seemed not many besides that. She hugged herself in embarrassment, this seemed like some kind of party hosted by her parents and here she was in her nightgown! Oh wait, no she wasn't, she looked down she was in a long ballroom dress, pretty frilly, light blue a bit translucent but not too showy either, what was on her head, a crown? Yeah a small Princess Crown, officially she couldn't wear that until she came of age and had her debut like her sister, even then it was really only for special ceremonies, like weddings, coronations and the like. Of course some days she wondered if she'd ever get to wear it all. Her health was okay but not always the greatest, she had a bit of a weak constitution at times and prone to serious illness after a while, the fact she made it this far in life at all was nothing short of a miracle, wait a minute was this life? She had been running a fever last few days, oh no "Am I dead? Did I die?" She wondered aloud but soon enough her questions would be answered when a small ball of light emerged at her side, "Good evening to you, Princess Chrysanthe."

"But am I still --"

"Uh-huh.

"Well done, Princess."

Anabel was about to get some cake from the table, when a sudden voice made her turn around, to see where it came from. It was a girl, several years younger than herself, in a frilly blue dress and wearing a small crown—most likely a princess of some sort, or perhaps even a queen (although based on her age, that was probably not the case). She must've arrived via magical teleportation (which Anabel was familiar with, being from a land with wizards and witches), as Anabel didn't recall seeing her come in through the entrance. Something appeared to be on the girl's mind, for she looked slightly lost and confused. She was at a different area of the table, where the meats were placed. They looked good, like all the food here, and Anabel decided that she'd try them—after talking to the girl first, and figuring out what was troubling her.

"Hello miss!" said Anabel, walking over to her. "How are you tonight? I'm Anabel, and it's a pleasure to meet you. Is everything all good?"

Elvwitand
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvwitand » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:52 am

The Distanic Confederacy wrote:quick ooc question
how low is the door/ceiling?

I don't have exact dimensions or anything, really it's what you might expect in a castle ballroom you'd see in any popular media. I just ask people to be reasonable with the kinds of people they send.

Gonswanza wrote:DelMonte would have spoken up about Subject 2020... But it seems the odd girl had went missing. But rather than wait for them, she simply spoke up about them quickly with a rapid excuse.

"Oh, them? They are uh... They are a mild victim of some accident in the lab, I assure you, it's perfectly fine, since they are keen on experimenting on themselves. They formerly had a name, but over time they lost all memory of their past self. But they do respond to the moniker of Rose, if you'd like to address her as such. It's a bit unfortunate that she's lost her past self, though. But I assure you, she is a welcome, and kind presence. Wherever she is..."

Rose, as she was called, would find herself walking around, or rather, floating around, as tendrils under her dress carried her around with the awful scrapes of vine-like tendrils and spines against hard floor, her body slightly lifted as the dress hid the writhing mass well. Being a mere 17, she was nearing the age of adulthood, yet, she manages to float into an unlucky stranger, towering over the others given her stature of being 6'0"... Even as the vines below her skirt recoil into her body, she'd likely stand over him, but she was not a threat. Instead, she would offer a friendly greeting, even smiling perhaps a little too much, though it didn't help to distract from the odd coloration of her own face.

"Hi there little one. I'm Rose! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Erm, perhaps this wasn't the best way to introduce herself... Even with DelMonte trying to look for her. Alas, the ambassador will find her... Eventually.

Sadly for Rose, she would only get an off look from the guest, who slowly backs away to leave Rose to her own devices.

"It's a real shame when people cannot accept you the way you are?" From behind Rose was the sweet voice of the Princess Sharian. "Good evening, I'm Sharian, you probably saw me when you greeted my sister but now my siblings and I get to roam around the floor more freely tonight. My brothers are around here somewhere...But anyway that's that."

Sombreland wrote:The Princess-Regent, Alavaine, replied, "I will, indeed. Again: thank you for your hospitality, Empress Euphyllia. Until we meet again."

"It is an oddly relaxing feeling," the Princess-Regent, Alavaine, "To simply be one among many. It is a feeling I have not experienced before. Always the focus of things, even among the gatherings of our allies and during negotiations. And now...we are free to simply mingle and meet."

"Your Majestic Highness could never be merely one among many," said the Lady-Countess Carnelian. "How could you be? You are the goddess-descended Princess, and Regent of Sombreland. You, and only you, urged the possibility and obtained the Peace of Gyzantia. You were born, and brought to rulership, in your grandfather's name, in a time of great crisis for Sombreland."

"What you say is true, Uwanda," said the Princess-Regent, Alavaine, linking arms with her dearest friend and lady-in-waiting, "But it does not alter the fact that I am preparing to enjoy my relative unimportance in this place. Not as something regularly to be hoped for, but as a pleasant break from routine."

As they talked, they made their way towards a fountain sprouted table, where each of them took a glass of white wine and turned to watch the room and look upon the glittering royalty and envoys who had come. There was no rush for them; for the moment they were quite content to take in the atmosphere and soak it in.

"Your Highness," The voice of a young man behind her, the Prince Irrin gave a bow and offered to take her hand for the courtly kiss one gives to a Princess on her hand. "Good evening to you, I hope I'm not interrupting, am I? I am Prince Irrin." He introduced himself.

Well the lulls they come and they go up next another new arrival, someone quite young, probably close in age to the youngest Princess and what was noticed indeed was the little fairy companion floating around her. So safe to say, this child was probably not apart of This Empire but was she from the mystical realms that included Elviwtand? "Good evening to you." Euphyllia greeted her. Well her manners weren't bad, they could use some work but again she was still so young, plenty of time to learn and get better at these. "Ah yes, it is my 15th Year on the throne as of well tonight as a matter of fact. Many congratulations to your mother and father for their long time. I wish your Kingdom a prosperous future." Curious she was the only one of her family here but again that little fairy might have something to do with that. "Please, do help yourself to any refreshment you like, Princess Chrysanthe, I do expect I will get a chance to talk to you later." She waved her on as the Princess politely excused herself. She stifled a few giggles but again who could be mad at an earnest effort by someone young.

"Ameria?"

Ameria flipping through the pages of her big dossier of guests found what she needed, "Here we go, she is Princess Chrysanthe, daughter of the Sovereign King of Abetton, youngest in her family, born quite early and has a share of health issues."

"Oh dear...The poor girl, don't tell me..." Sometimes fairies from this land or other spirit away the lost souls of children to grant them a special wish but other times it's more benign than that.

"No, Your Grace, the fairy we saw is hoping to give her a Cinderella Event. While she has been ill last few days, she's still okay in a manner of speaking, just feeling lonely. But it seems her health does limit how often she can travel or participate in events like these. Oh her elder brother is the Heir and her elder sister is a lover of horses.."

"Ah equestrian huh? I do love Unicorns so if I ever meet the Elder Princess, I'd imagine we'd get along well."

"The Young Princess was quite flustered it seems. Still has plenty to learn about proper address and speech in the presence of a Monarch as yourself."

"Well she is a girl and she has more to learn. You best remember I too was once a girl just the same as her."

"Of course, Your Highness."

"Well the good thing is it looks like she has some attention already so we can leave her a moment."

"Good news further, your Aunt will be arriving soon she just docked."

"Ah delightful! Do excuse me a moment while I take care of a personal matter." By personal matter, she had to use the little girl's room but one doesn't speak of that.

"Of course, Your Highness, I will be sure to keep things held while you are away."

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:34 pm

The Selkie wrote:RTNS Akiza.
The girl in the frilly dress with the little crown looked absolutely adorable.
In a foreigner fairy tale kind of way, but still - adorable.
The small ball of light next to her, however, almost made me draw one of my charms, a flight of three Yoritomo B19Y Comets. Ui's hand stopped mine at the wrist.
"It's not a danger.", she whispered, "And doesn't seem to be a Thunderbug."
A Thunderbug was a pretty large insect from Yaburan III, a flying bug, who secreted a paralysing agent, which felt as if one had been struck by thunder, hence the name. On humans, it usually wasn't deadly, only very, very unpleasant, but on animals...
"...and Comets? Really?", my tender whispered to me with a raised eyebrow. "A full spread of photons?"
I shrugged with a smile, got her to release my hand and rubbed my wrist.
For a tender tender, she had a surprisingly strong grip.
In any case, I walked towards the girl, Ui in tow.
"Good evening, Young Lady.", I greeted her with a formal bow. "I see you found the meat selection... I must confess to having more of a sweet tooth." I was only 1.6 metres tall, so I was not looking down too much, but there was still a bit of a height difference... and another difference, me being a bit... shall we say... 'more developed'. "And I must confess to a lot of curiosity as well." I motioned to the bug (who was actually a fairy, but I did not know that yet). "If I may ask, who might this fellow be?"

"Oh good evening to you too, Miss." She gave a small bow herself, with a plate full of food and nowhere to really set it down, she didn't really have the ability to give a more polite curtsy. "Yeah I like sweets too but lately I might have been a little to liking them. Plus it is supposed to be my bed time..Then again I'm kind of here late in the night, past my bedtime, I think...." She gave an audible "hmmm" given she was still quite uncertain just where and when she was but her fairy companion did say when this was over she'd wake up in the morning. So was this a dream? Again the last thing she did remember was getting ready for bed, brushing her teeth, climbing in with one of her books getting her temperature taken again because she'd have spikes of fever....Ah this was all too much to think about right now! Well speak of the devil when asked "Oh this is uh Miss Fairy uh--"

The fairy introduced herself in reply, the glow of her light faded a little revealing the small winged pink-haired girl "Good evening, Harbor Rainydale, I'm a fairy and well I must admit I'm responsible for braining the Princess here tonight. She just seemed like she was a little lonesome and forlorn..."

"Forlorn?"

"Sad, Milady Princess, Forlorn said."

"Oh, right right. "

"The Princess is from a world of ordinary where magic is only a thing of storybook tales she could use a little fun in a way we fairies know best a little magic and sparkle and she gets to be a grand princess of the evening to represent her Kingdom. Given her birthday is also coming up, it's all the more reason, as every year she grows she also gets a step closer to having full royal responsibilities."

Chrysanthe was again approached by not one but TWO people? Wow she usually didn't get this much attention,

Aurivala wrote:Hello miss!" said Anabel, walking over to her. "How are you tonight? I'm Anabel, and it's a pleasure to meet you. Is everything all good?"

"Oh good evening to you!" Again she gave a small bow while holding her plate firm. "I am doing well, yes. How about yourself, Milady?"

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:57 pm

Abetton wrote:"Oh good evening to you too, Miss." She gave a small bow herself, with a plate full of food and nowhere to really set it down, she didn't really have the ability to give a more polite curtsy. "Yeah I like sweets too but lately I might have been a little to liking them. Plus it is supposed to be my bed time..Then again I'm kind of here late in the night, past my bedtime, I think...." She gave an audible "hmmm" given she was still quite uncertain just where and when she was but her fairy companion did say when this was over she'd wake up in the morning. So was this a dream? Again the last thing she did remember was getting ready for bed, brushing her teeth, climbing in with one of her books getting her temperature taken again because she'd have spikes of fever....Ah this was all too much to think about right now! Well speak of the devil when asked "Oh this is uh Miss Fairy uh--"

The fairy introduced herself in reply, the glow of her light faded a little revealing the small winged pink-haired girl "Good evening, Harbor Rainydale, I'm a fairy and well I must admit I'm responsible for braining the Princess here tonight. She just seemed like she was a little lonesome and forlorn..."

"Forlorn?"

"Sad, Milady Princess, Forlorn said."

"Oh, right right. "

"The Princess is from a world of ordinary where magic is only a thing of storybook tales she could use a little fun in a way we fairies know best a little magic and sparkle and she gets to be a grand princess of the evening to represent her Kingdom. Given her birthday is also coming up, it's all the more reason, as every year she grows she also gets a step closer to having full royal responsibilities."

Chrysanthe was again approached by not one but TWO people? Wow she usually didn't get this much attention,

Aurivala wrote:Hello miss!" said Anabel, walking over to her. "How are you tonight? I'm Anabel, and it's a pleasure to meet you. Is everything all good?"

"Oh good evening to you!" Again she gave a small bow while holding her plate firm. "I am doing well, yes. How about yourself, Milady?"

RTNS Akiza.
Ui and I listened to the explanation by the fairy with rapt attention... so a world, where magic was not a usual thing, whichever form it took. Our Kitsunetsuki, or Teienaian Witches, or us shipgirls... I wondered, if there were shippeople like us where the girl came from.
And as another girl, this one a bit older, approached the youth in the frilly blue dress, I concentrated on the fairy.
"It is a pleasure, Rainydale-san.", I spoke with a small bow, "And I must say, I originally thought you to be a Thunderbug, a large insect from a planet known as Yaburan III. You are, by far, politer then one of these creatures." I let a beat pass. "To introduce myself, RTNS Akiza, Mirai-class Fleet Carrier of the Navy of Her Majesty the Empress of Teienai. My battlegroup's support tender, RTNS Ui."
The brunette bowed.
"If I may ask, aside from sneaking off with little girls from their beds to balls in other dimensions..." I gave her a wink, which was supposed to indicate, that I was jesting and not meaning this as a bad remark. "...what do fairies do the whole day long?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates