NATION

PASSWORD

68th World Hit Festival|Santa Ana, Achaean Rep,|IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Phase One: More Points

Postby Achaean Republic » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:10 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: We are very close to learning who won Phase One of this contest! Inching close by with 19 points…

SCOTATROVA!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase One: Second Place

Postby Achaean Republic » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:13 pm

Y-JACIE: Two countries remain, who are anxiously waiting to have their Phase One points revealed. Who will succeed? Well, in second place, with 20 points…

IKLSUND!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase One: First Place

Postby Achaean Republic » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:20 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: I can hear the cheers from the crowd! It looks like, with 23 points, we have one country left to clinch Phase One, and that is..

THE ACHAEAN REPUBLIC!

The Achaeans were ecstatic! They managed to be in first place--for now! Whatever happened, it was time to keep the party going. But there was more to come...

CAROLINA CHOI: The crowd is-- The crowd is wild with anticipation for this position! But, will the Achaean Republic hold it, or will someone else manage to win the World Hit Festival?

Y-JACIE: Ladies and gentlemen, damas y caballeros, madames and messieurs, it's timet to get ready for...

BOTH: Phase Two!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Elejamie

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:17 pm

Y-JACIE: In Phase Two, sixteen spokespeople will announce their country’s five points. Get ready to see the shifts coming from the board!

CAROLINA CHOI: I’m getting excited! First up, we have last year’s host, Elejamie! ¡Buenas noches, Lucía! ¡Buenas noches a todos en Elejamía!

LUCÍA BELTRÁN: ¡Buenos noches Santa Ana! Yo soy Lucía Beltran, sigo aquí en Playa de Rocas, ¡y aquí están los puntos del jurado Elejamiano! Y los cinco puntos son para ...

ASTBECK-LANGGATE!

Gracias por un buen programa, que tengan una buena noche

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Scotatrova

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:22 pm

Y-JACIE: Next up, it’s Scotatrova! Iola, Matheu Galon! Buenas noches!

MATHEU GALON: Iola Zantha Anna! What an amazing show you've put on for us tonight. Time to reveal Scotatrova's top points of the night. Now...our five points go to...

BRITONISEA!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Britonisea

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:26 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: Up next, Britonisea! Good evening, Lena! You’re looking good tonight!

LENA HAYHURST: Hello Achaean Republic! It's Lena Hayhurst here, one of the hosts for the upcoming edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile! I am so excited to host what is set to be a fantastic event, I hope you're all there! Speaking of fantastic events, thank you to the Achaean Republic for pulling off this show-stopping televised bonanza! We know you guys can through the best parties! Right! Time for points... Our five points are heading to... the very deserving...

SKANDEN!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: New Rhodesia

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:30 pm

Y-JACIE: New Rhodesia is coming up with their votes! Good evening!

JACOB WILSON, MP FOR ST. GEORGE: Good Afternoon New Rhodesia , Goedemiddag Nieuw-Rhodesië , Good Evening Achaean Republic , Goedenavond Achaeïsche Republiek
My Name is Jacob Wilson , the Member of Parliament for St George . and our number one vote goes to…

INDO STATES!

Thank you, good night and don't forget to vote Republican--or else!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Malta Comino Gozo

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:36 pm

Y-JACIE: Now it’s the turn for Malta Comino Gozo! Buenas Noches, Cikka Mizzi!

CIKKA MIZZI: Cikka Mizzi here! Thank you for a fabulous show this evening! We loved the sunny and tropical atmosphere! Here are the points from Malta Comino Gozo! And the five points go to…

SCOTATROVA!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Skanden

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:40 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: It’s time for Skanden to reveal her votes! ¡Buenas noches, HYRINIO!

HYRINIO: Good evening World Hit Festival! What an amazing show! From Skanden with love, here are our votes. 5 points go to...

AENGLIDE!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: South Africa

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:46 pm

Y-JACIE: South Africa’s turn to shine is here! ¡Buenas noches!

ROBERT VIJOEN: Hello Again Achaean Republic and Good Evening South Africa! It's been a Long time since WHF59! Our Votes go to…

ELEJAMIE!

Like last time If you are disappointed that South Africa did not get any votes from us , So am I even though the recent attacks in South Africa made me personally wish that us South Africans can vote for our country . Like I said last time it is the rules to not vote for your own country.

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase One: Ice States

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:50 pm

Y-JACIE: Ice States gets the chance to vote! ¡Buenas noches!

JEREMY VILLET: We thank the Achaean Republic for the opportunity to participate in the World Hit Festival 68. We hereby present the following votes for the other contestants in the Festival. Our points go to…

ELEJAMIE!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Normandy and Picardy

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:09 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: We now go all the way to Normandy and Picardy! Buenas noches, Marie!

MARIE DE L’ABRE: Bonsoir la République Achéane, bonsoir Santa Ana. Merci pour un spectacle incroyable ce soir, nous sommes heureux d’être de retour. C'est avec plaisir que nous avons entendu cette merveilleuse célébration de la musique. Mais maintenant, le temps est venu d’annoncer les points cruciaux. Le jury Normand et Picard a attribué ses cinq points à...

L’ANGLIDE!

Good Evening Achaean Republic, good evening Santa Ana. Thank you for an incredible show this evening, we are very glad to be back. It has been a pleasure to listen to this wonderful celebration of music. But now, it is time to announce the most important points. The Normand and Picard jury has given their five points to... Aenglide!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Kalosia

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:12 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: Buonë sëre, Kalosia! Buenas noches, Silvio!

SILVIO NANTES: Good evening, Santa Ana! Hope you are all doing well! Thank you for such a beautiful show! Now here is the moment we've all been waiting for, to see who will win the 68th World Hit Festival. 5 points from Kalosia go to..."

NORMANDY AND PICARDY!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Fatimanian Federation

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 pm

CATHY COSUE: Good Morning from Fatimania! Good Afternoon in Achean Republic! I'm Cathy Cosue, and today, we are going to show the votes made by Fatimania for the World Hit Festival 68th in Santa Ana, and I'm live from Bagbaguin, Fatima City, and we wish you a great day with this leaderboard of points from Fatimania! And our five points go to…

ACHAEAN REPUBLIC!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Aenglide

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:18 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: Wow! That is quite the jump with Achaea on the lead! Next, we Aenglide! Buenas noches!

LINA LETLEN: Hello Achaean Republic! Thank you for a spectacular show! I’m Lina Letlen, and Keterig is calling to give you the votes from the Aenglish jury! Our five points go to…

ASTBECK-LANGGATE!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Astbeck-Langgate

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:21 pm

Y-JACIE: Astbeck-Langgate is up! Hello!

GERT AONO: Now, all of these acts were lovely, good job everyone, but what did our jury think about that? Let's see... And, the five points from the jury representing Astbeck-Langgate go to...

BRITONISEA!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Iklsund

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:30 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: And we have a producer…giving out the points…for Iklsund…in an…igloo near the airport? Do we even allow igloos through customs?

ESKIMO PRODUCER: Greetings from the Ikslund delegation! Sorry we couldn’t be present, but if you make me leave this igloo before it’s time to go to the airport, I’m going to kill all of you and then myself. Our five points go to…

SCOTATROVA!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Beepee

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:37 pm

CAROLINA CHOI: Only two more votes to go! It looks like Beepee’s up next…And, oh sorry! It looks like we can only hear a voice for now!

ISSA ALLMOSDOVA: "Good Evening Santa Ana!
What a wonderful show you've all put on tonight. Truly spectacular! And now, here are the results of the Beepeean jury..." Our five points go to…

BRITONISEA!

CAROLINA CHOI: Oops! Now we can see your face!

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Phase Two: Achaean Republic

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:43 pm

Y-JACIE: This is it! Who will win the 68th World Hit Festival? Right now, Britonisea is in the lead by four points. But Scotatrova can overtake them. Who will win?

CAROLINA CHOI: I guess it’s time to come back here, to Santa Ana, to where our reigning contestant NESSA NAVARRO is and let her do the honors!

NESSA NAVARRO: ¡Buenas noches, Acaya! ¡Buenas noches, Santa Ana! I love you all! I love you all! It’s been a fun journey with all, and I am excited to announce the Achaean Republic’s five points. I can’t believe all this time has passed by so fast, and I wish I could enjoy more of it as I could! But now it’s time to reveal that…the Achaean Republic’s five points go to…

NORMANDY AND PICARDY!

CAROLINA CHOI: This means that Normandy and Picardy’s points are not enough to catch up to our winner…

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

And the Winner Is...

Postby Achaean Republic » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:48 pm

BOTH: BRITONISEA IS THE WINNER OF THE 68TH WORLD HIT FESTIVAL! COME ON DOWN, ELLA AND AARON WARD!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Winner | 03 | Britonisea | ELLA, Aaron Ward - Intoxicating

Postby Britonisea » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:20 pm

#WINNER
Britonisea
ELLA, Aaron Ward - "Intoxicating"

Language(s): English
Tune: Evangeline, Kelvin Jones - Diving
Entry Specifics
Trigramme: BRI
Lyrics: ELLA, Aaron Ward
Music: Aaron Ward, Thomas Shelby, Whitney Harrison

World Hit Festival winners: ELLA and Aaron Ward become the first Britonish act to win the contest as a pair and not a solo act...

Britonisea is now the most successful World Hit Festival nation, as ELLA and Aaron win the nation's ninth trophy in Achaean Republic with a grand total of 33 points - four points clear of runners up, Scotatrova...

The arena was alive as Britonisea won their ninth festival, their second in Achaean Republic. BVC took their lengthiest-ever break at the contest and they did it for good reason. The results pre-hiatus weren't looking too great with Britonisea slipping to as bad as 15th place - the nation's second-worst result to date. The 60s decade saw Britonisea land on the right hand side of the scoreboard on 3/4 occasions, so the broadcaster decided to take an extended break from the festival. With the nation returning, a promise BVC made to the Achaean Republic broadcaster, the broadcaster sent ELLA and Aaron Ward with the intention of getting "back into the game" again - who knew they would take the top spot so quickly! With Izmedu winning their eighth title at the 49th World Hit Festival, Britonisea at the 59th World Hit Festival and Normandy & Picardy at the 61st - the three nations have been hanging jointly onto the title of most successful nation for quite some time but that has finally come to an end with this record-breaking win. The pair made their way to the stage where they gave a little speech...

"Wow! Thank you all - I don't even know what to say! A few months ago, I wasn't even sure we would be standing on this stage, to be honest! When we first worked with the broadcaster on this song for 'When The Past Returns', we didn't think that this song would represent Britonisea on the international stage and then go on to win! This is just amazing and I would like to thank you all so much for voting for Britonisea."
- ELLA

"Yeah, to echo the sentiments of ELLA, I'm absolutely astounded with the results, I'm super happy but I can't believe this! Thanks to Aaron, Thomas and Whitney - you've all been great, we've worked together to create so many versions of the song um...wow! Thank you again to those who voted for us and those at BVC that believed in us. I suppose it's time to perform the song once again right? Let's do it haha!"
-Aaron Ward

After the confetti died down, the pair got ready to perform their song once again. The pair began, there was a slow zoom-in with ELLA standing alone in the middle of the stage. Admittedly, the Britonish broadcaster wasn't too pleased with the staging design for the 68th World Hit Festival and so decided to bring a cyclorama on which they could project different images. As the music began, very fiery tones were shown through the colours on the stage. ELLA herself was wearing a black asymmetric dress, which was made into a rose that sat on her shoulder. The cyclorama had half of an orange spotlight on it so that from afar you could see a semi-circle. A gentle breeze was hitting ELLA's face as the woman stood almost expressionless down the lens of the camera. The audience cheered but simmered down before ELLA moved the microphone to her mouth and started singing her song...

Intoxicating

Miss you when you’re not near me,
Thinking ‘bout you, it’s daily.
Oh I, can’t get you out of mind
It’s the way you the look at me,
My thoughts, so bad, they run free
Oh I, can get ahead of myself

This feeling feels just like a curse,
It feels like it’s never-ending,
I wish that I could run away.

The camera shot did stay still for quite some time we moved to the chorus of the song, with a much wider shot now being used, with two other people appearing on the stage - wearing similar clothing to her. A male on one side of her and a female on the other side, they were both dancing in a semi-dramatic way, but in a way that fits with the theme of the song. Her body, which before this was slightly turned away from the front of the audience, was now front on, as she slightly sways from left to right along with the soft beat of the song. ELLA sang, almost whispering each syllable out of her mouth - sung with such delicacy, with a slight sexual undertone in the way she said every word.

But you’re right there,
Wherever I go, you always appear.
Your voice -
Echoes lustrous thorns deep into my mind.
Ingrained in my thoughts,
Poisoned by your perfect smile,
And it's been like this for a while,
The idea of you is intoxicating.

The thought is intoxicating

As we moved on to the final lines of the chorus where the vocal parts come in, the camera panned out and backwards, showing the cyclorama and how a large cluster of people seemed to be showing in orange behind her. Plumes of fire shot into the air from either side of the catwalk, with the audience members screaming in delight. ELLA let out a gentle smile as she repeated the last line of the chorus along with the chorus. At the other end of the catwalk, a handsome tall Aaron Ward, looking deep into her eyes. The camera slowly zoomed in on his face, with the fire gently showing in the background. Aaron was also wearing dark colours too, which worked well with the red and orange that was present on the stage.

You think you make me stronger,
But I’m losing myself each time we speak.
(Looking at you makes me weak)
Drowning in the sheer irony,
Gasping for breath - it’s killing me,
And I - can’t take anymore pain.

While the camera was trained on Aaron, ELLA walked her way over to Aaron so that by the time Aaron reached the line, "And I- can't take any more pain", ELLA was also in shot too. There was a shot which moved from one end of the arena to the other end, from the furthest point, with a singular orange spotlight on ELLA and Aaron, the pair of them holding each other's hand - by a couple of fingers, it didn't seem like a convincing embrace whatsoever. As they move onto the pre-chorus and thus the chorus of the song, ELLA moved around Aaron, holding her hand on the top of his shoulders. Aaron pivoted around in the opposite direction so that by the time ELLA moved around his body, she was standing in front of him to the side. In the background, the cyclorama showed pulsating orange flashing while the lights at the back of the stage were flashing white strobe lights all around the stage.

This feeling, feels just like a curse,
It feels like it’s never-ending,
I wish that I could run away.

But you’re right there,
Your voice -
Echoes lustrous thorns deep into my mind.

As we move onto the second chorus, red and orange burst out onto the stage through the strobe lighting and cyclorama - mixed with beautiful white lights from all corners of the stage. As they went kept on repeating the lines of the song in the next section, the dancers returned on the stage where they started dancing rather maniacally, though there was some form of art to the way they were dancing - it looked organised. The lights flashed powerfully on them, behind the two main singers - with the cameras quickly zooming into the dancers as they moved around the stage cutting to ELLA and Aaron between the shots who had no walked away from one another (about a metre), but still facing each other.

(It’s toxic, it’s toxic)
(It’s toxic, it’s toxic)

Always right there,
Your voice - echoes lustrous thorns deep into my mind.

We then moved into the final bridge of the song which plunged the whole stage into darkness once again, with the backlights now gently twinkling alongside low-flying smoke that made the theme a lot different to before. It was dreamy, mesmerising. ELLA and Aaron were lit up in a white spotlight this time instead of orange. The pair of them started walking towards one another again with the cameras switching before the two singers before one central camera joined them in the middle, slowly moving with the pair of them until we reached the chorus once again. They dramatically turned around to red and orange themes on the stage, with fire shooting into the air once again. They both strutted towards the end of the catwalk, singing as they walked with power and sass.

(It’s toxic, It’s toxic)
(It’s toxic, It’s toxic)
(It’s toxic, It’s toxic)

At the end of the song, they turned to one another, before Aaron fell to his knees, as ELLA placed her heels on his knees. The lights were turned off from their faces, so all you could see was their silhouettes as they were in powerful positions. The Achaeans came back in with a huge roar. The Britons were able to return to the World Hit Festival with what they thought was a good song. More confetti shot into the air as Aaron and ELLA celebrated alongside their team who joined them on the stage.

World Hit Festival 69? Will Britonisea participate? Will Britonisea host? Those weren't questions for tonight, the team were busy celebrating their win, and rightly so!
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63