NATION

PASSWORD

As The Wave Crashes [Nat'l Maintenance]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
TheStonedSurfers
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

As The Wave Crashes [Nat'l Maintenance]

Postby TheStonedSurfers » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:05 pm

An Intro To This Thread

Hey, thanks for stopping by this little thread. Hope you enjoy what you read. This is a repository for some events and occurrences in TheStonedSurfers. Could be one-post stories, random bits of information, or just general silliness. Everything in this thread happens in-character. You may find stories and posts of a more mature nature in here and may deal with topics you may disagree with or which may make you uncomfortable. If you dislike LGBTQ+ folks living their lives, holding important positions, or having storylines (as a singular example), then you're probably going to find yourself kind of uncomfortable on a regular basis in this thread. This thread is closed to all but me. If you think you can add something and absolutely feel the need to write it and have it posted in this thread, my TG box is open for that request. Please don't be offended if I decline, though. And please, again, do not post on this thread without expressed permission from me.

Tuesday, 11 July 2022 | 13:25 [UTC -8]

Imperial Palace • Kiri, Surferian Empire

Kekoa stood at the balcony of his private apartment at the palace. From his vantage point, the urban sprawl of the capital city spread out across the edge of the North American continent. In the distance, the Pacific Ocean greeted the city, the urbanization only bordered by the strip of sand separating the land from the sea. As he gazed westward, he thought about the history of the Surferians. The early fathers who set forth and explored the great Pacific, who expanded the empire from a small archipelago to the large, imposing mass it became. He thought about the days of Akili and Koa, who surveyed the western coast of North America and planted the first Surferian settlements. He wondered if they knew a few hundred years later that little trading port where the river met the sea would one day become a massive city and the capital. He wondered if when General Palakiko met the Europeans at the Battle of Death Valley if he knew as he lie in the desert sun passing from this life to the next that his efforts would secure the final victory over the invaders and grant the empire its ultimate independence. Did those who lived in the far reaches of the island territories ever look East and think what it must be like for the millions who never knew the island life? When the great city of Honolulu was founded by the Twin Brothers, did they ever consider their divine intervention would so bless a people as to grant them great power and riches? These were questions Kekoa knew couldn't be answered, but he pondered them nonetheless.

From behind him came the sound of a person politely clearing their throat. As Kekoa turned, the man spoke, "Your Majesty, the Prime Minister will be arriving in about 30 minutes."

"Thank you," Kekoa said as he turned towards his equerry. The equerry, a man twice Kekoa's age, came from a European background. A person and a family who fought alongside the Surferians in their battles against the Europeans. A family whose loyalty to the Crown was second to none. "Oh, Juan, I think the gray suit with a pink tie and pocket square. The PM hates it when I wear dark colors. He always asks me if I've a funeral to go to after he departs."

Juan politely chuckled, "As you wish, Sir."

"I just hope he doesn't resort to speaking down to me like he does. The way he'll mention something and then give me a quick explanation of what it is. I don't think he realizes I already know," Kekoa said.

"Yes, Sir. Is there anything else?"

"No, I'll get ready and head down towards the receiving room."
Last edited by TheStonedSurfers on Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TheStonedSurfers
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby TheStonedSurfers » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:44 am

Some Quotes from Prime Minister Keahi Kealoha

On Kekoa I being the first openly-gay Emperor of Surferia:

"Ah, yes. The Foreign Press Corps often ask this question. You see, in our culture, the same word for love between a man and woman is the same word for love between two men or two women; furthermore, we don't have any native words for homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, pansexual, and so forth. It matters not to us. Now, has this always meant tolerance and understanding? No, it has not. For that, we have attempted to mend those offenses of the past by embracing and reaffirming our ancient cultural tradition that love is love no matter how it manifests itself. When the foreign press questions whether our emperor could fulfill his obligations to the nation while being openly gay, all I can say is that I'd rather serve a great and wise monarch who happened to be homosexual than an absolute tyrant because he happened to be heterosexual"

On the World Assembly

"It serves a purpose that our Ambassador, Noa Ohana, is attempting to ascertain. At this time, we assume it's nothing more than a bunch of delegates making proposals which accomplish little more than giving the World Assembly the appearance of being busy with global issues without it ever having to be busy dealing with global issues. I'll have to get Noa's opinion, though. He's there trying his best to make it work for us."

On the Upcoming Coronation

"I am anticipating the Coronation of HIs Majesty with great excitement. I am excited because this will be the first coronation of the 21st Century. It will be the first in our history to be live streamed. There is the wonderful post-ceremony excitement surrounding the day due to the concert, the various balls and parties across the empire, and the special Imperial Shield soccer match final. It will be an extravaganza you won't want to miss."

On the Emperor's Youthful Age

"By far not the youngest emperor on record at 23. His age has become the topic of much discussion as he became the youngest to ascend in the last 250 years thus there are no people around who knew such a young monarch. I've known him since he was 12, when I was first blessed with the honor of being Prime Minister of Surferia. He is a delightful young man with a wonderful felicity of expression, youthful optimism, and a sense of who he is."

On the State of the Economic Downturn

"There are many factors which cause economies to rise and fall. We happened to have hit upon numerous pockets of economic turbulence that have caused a slight reduction in economic output and a rise in inflation. My cabinet and I are working tirelessly to ensure the Surferian people will not suffer much duress under this slight economic downturn. I am absolutely confidence that our policies, which have been in place now for 8 years, will help us weather this slight storm."

On the Upcoming 2023 Election

"We have delivered, time and again, the promises we have made on the campaign trail. The Conservative Coalition of Surferia will continue to deliver on its promises. The people will continue to support us in the upcoming elections because we are the only party that has modern solutions to modern problems. The Liberals haven't had a comprehensive and coherent proposal for how to tackle the problems of today for a decade. And their new leader, Ian Kapa, well, he hasn't put forth an original idea since being elected their party leader last year. They haven't any real solutions and wind up contributing to the problems by their complete lack of leadership. The people know this. We will win, mark my words."
Last edited by TheStonedSurfers on Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheStonedSurfers
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby TheStonedSurfers » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Wednesday, 3 April 2019 | 13:25 [UTC -8]

140 Love Street • Kiri, Surferian Empire

In Kiri sat a home unlike any other home. It was modest, considering its use, but its importance more than made up for its lack of stature. 140 Love Street contained the nexus of executive power within the Surferian Empire. A simple, three-storey town home build in the early 1800s with a simple garden in front of the windows which flanked the lone red door. The house was home to the Prime Minister and contained within all the staffers who helped keep the PM moving along without him having to deal with the little details. On this particular morning, PM Kealoha sat in his living room on the third floor holding the Kiri Sentinel in his right hand, folded in half lengthwise and also in half widthwise. In his left hand he held a pen and with that pen was scribbling something onto the newspaper as his Private Secretary entered the room.

"Sir, the car has arrived," he said.

"Thank you," the PM said tossing the paper down on the coffee table. He grabbed his sport coat from the back of his chair, slipped it on and raced out of the door.

A lone young man walked into the living room. He was wearing black pants, black shoes, and a white button up shirt with a black tie. He began to walk around making anything that seemed slightly untidy neat. Upon gazing over the coffee table, he took the newspaper and peered at the page.

"What're you looking at?" a young lady similarly dressed to the young man said as she entered with a dust broom.

"The crossword. Whoever did it only answered two. And they got one wrong." the young man said.

"Yeah, that'll be the PM. He's no good with a crossword." she said. "Thankfully, that's not a requirement to be PM."

The young man took the paper and placed it under his arm and walked out.

Return to NationStates