NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 103|IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:00 pm

Mat Jak: 41 Points go to...
Illdonya!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
Fly Air STR, the Spirit of StrayaRoos
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:05 pm

Sajuna: The next amount of Televote points is 43,and they go to....
Terra Zealandia!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:09 pm

Mat Jak: We've now reached the Half-century of points,which go to
FLUSIA!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:13 pm

Sajuna: Now there's 62 points which go to....
MISTER X!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:17 pm

Mat Jak: We've got another 62 Points,which are for...
THE HLHATA STATES!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:23 pm

Sajuna: Now there's 69 Points for...
BEEPEE!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:30 pm

Mat Jak: Now,75 Points are for...
NORRP!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Sajuna: 77 Televote Points belong to...
PEMECUTAN!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:47 pm

Mat Jak: 80 Points go to
CARRELIE!Slay!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:51 pm

Sajuna: Now there's only 7 Televotes remaining,and the 7th placer with 81 Points is...
KALOSIA!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:55 pm

Mat Jak: we've got 82 points next,which go to...
ACHAEAN REPUBLIC!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:01 pm

Sajuna: There's another 82 points for...
AENGLIDE!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:08 pm

Mat Jak: Now,we're just minutes away from knowing who wins the 103rd WorldVision Song Contest,and 84 points go to...
CARYTON!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:12 pm

Sajuna: Now we've got 96 points,which are for...
MALTA COMINO GOZO!
Who are now in the lead!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Mat Jak: 97 Points are next,and they're for....
WAISNOR!
They Take the lead!
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:17 pm

Sajuna: Now,we've got the top two left,and the Televote's runner up recieves 98 Points and that nation is...
PLAINGAINER!
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

StrayaRoos
Ambassador

Postby StrayaRoos » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Mat Jak: Now,we finally reach the Televote's winner,The Alezian Union who need just 80 points to win... and they get
120 POINTS!
THEY WIN THE 103RD WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST!

Sajuna: Now to play us out,the winner of the 103rd WorldVision Song Contest,Liz Dannounavais with "Little Bit Insane!"
Both: Goodnight From Richmond!
Last edited by StrayaRoos on Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
СтраяРус ❤️ Україна
He/Him
WOMBLE TILL I DIE

Alezian Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alezian Union » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:17 pm

(Countryvision context: Liz is North Alezian. North Alezia has never won any IBA competition before (no, technically that WV94 win belongs to Mosin-Nagan), and when he was in the contention to win, some or two other countries would beat him from the competition, hence why he cried like that.)

Due to the poor results Alezia had in the past few editions (which was only fixed last edition with Azla's 6th place), nobody would thought that the country would win anymore. "We're too far gone," some would said. And no one really know how popular Liz's song genre (SchoolStyle Rock) would be in the international audience. Although the prediction of winning the entire thing were low according to Alezians, Alezians were content by predicting that the song will result in another much needed top 10 finish for the Alezian Union. An ARICO.Net prediction suggested that only 15% believed that Liz would win, but the same prediction suggested that 72% of the correspondents believed that Liz would be a top 10 finish for the country.

However, during the voting process, the nation was shocked to see the Alezian Union actually in contention to win the competition. Usually, most Alezians watching at home would just watch the voting process supporting other countries. But this time is different, because the Alezian spirit suddenly made a return. People start waving Alezian flags at home again, people started ranting about how a country who they thought would like SchoolStyle didn't vote for Alezia, people were chanting "HERE WE GO, ALE, ALE, ALE" again. This is how Alezia become nationalistic over a single night of musical songwriting competition. Who cares about what's happening in Qatar right now? Alezians don't even like football anyway (they like figure skating and basketball). The most important thing is that their country is at the spotlight once again at a competition that their government considers as a "National Interest".

The jury voting procedure was a crazy flipflop between Alezian Union and other countries in contention to the victory. People were a bit down after Alezia fell down to second place temporarily, but then got back up after Alezia returned first again. And they celebrated knowing that Alezia won the juries. But then back to worrying again knowing that the televotes are coming. They remember how unpredictable it can be. It could help Alezia; or it could screw them over. Knowing that their country is about to potentially win or atleast enter top 5 again, everything in Alezia except for emergency facilities and eateries (fastfood, cafes, restaurant, etc. held their own watching parties) shut down to watch WorldVision. It felt like 82 and 94 once again. Even the Parliament who was about to dismiss that day's session sat down and watch two large screen on the front broadcasting ABA Channel One showing the firework-filled scoreboard. And don't even think about how anxious the ABA (who's getting the blame for the bad results after Aziz-Lutfi and before Azla) was waiting for the result.

But we forgot about Liz and the rest of the Alezian delegation for a bit there. She wasn't in the calmest position either. Watching as the results come up and down, euphoria and sadness, all collected in the StrayaRoosian venue. She was worried that she was going to embarrass the country here and there. But to calm herself down, she went to the Waisnorian delegation's seats and shook Kim Na's hands before sharing a hug. She came back to the Alezian delegation seat, her delegation team gathering around her to prepare for whatever feelings might be felt in the delegation... As Mat Jak read the final results...

120 POINTS!
THEY WIN THE 103RD WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST!

Alezians all around the country started celebrating. From the northernmost, to the southernmost parts of the country. Restaurants celebrated, the Parliament from the most internationalist to the most nationalist celebrated, the ABA celebrated, and don't imagine how her hometown (Las Araminhaes) celebrated.

The team can't believe themselves, they jumped around with euphoria knowing that the North Alezian singer Liz Dannounavais will bring home Alezia's SECOND victory. Before they knew it, Liz was brought on stage by the hardworking StrayaRoosian staff working hard for the WorldVision Song Contest. Liz shed a bit of a tear, but she had to say something as she received the trophy:

Aydimidae... (OMG in Aramnan)
When I thought that someone would make Alezia proud again in WorldVision, I'd never thought it would be me.
I just want to make everyone happy with what I did... But turns out I made them proud too. Thank you, Grasia,
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! PEACE AND LONG LIVE LOVE!

Okay, I think we need to rock this place again... ALRIGHT! GET CLAPPING, WORLD!

The audience roared as Liz put the trophy down as she prepared for the reprise. The blackboard is on, Liz erased it and changed the writing just for the reprise. The roar died down, and then the stage become black for a while...

(The guitar strungs marks the performance start as a camera moves to view closing up towards a blackboard. It shows the host city and the live broadcast's date on the top right part of the blackboard, with most of the blackboard showing the main topic of the 3 and a half minute NEW musical lecture: Heartbreaking and Making Up 103. No, not 102, 103. Since this is WorldVision 103).

(Liz entered the view, behind her a standing microphone, not wearing her school uniform (that would've been a crazy hassle). Wiping the remaining tears she had after a victorious cry, the performer sung her first lines as the LEDs behind showing the cursive "Destiny has Fabled", before the screen shows a hand erasing "has Fabled" with a rubber eraser and swished away the residue before rewriting "predicted".)
Destiny has fabled,
That one day I'll find love
Destiny predicted,
That one day you'll love me

(The camera zoomed out again before changing its view to show a camera moving to the left following Liz's steps. The LED background shows Liz's shadow as it follows behind, followed by traces of pencils and writings. She met with her team of a drummer, two guitarist, and one keyboard player. She stopped before looking at the camera and pointed her finger upwards, prompting the camera to also face upwards and move to a glow transition)

But I am not that person,
Who believes in child's tales
Plus the one that they gave,
Is the one that I hate

(The camera then zooms out slowly to show the whole stage being showered with lights that turns on and off like crazy on every second interval as the audience in the arena starts flying flags from around the world to the beat)

What beef does love, the world, my life, have?
Is there any time, or place, things to, save?
You gotta be so numb, and a bit dumb,
Cause I'm, a little, bit insane!

(The lights calmed as the camera shows a close-up of Liz singing again from the front until the third sentence where the camera changed to a steadicam showing the team playing along to the tune. The steadicam then shows Liz from the left side from the stage where Liz looked at the camera and "pushed" the camera away for a transition)

I blame my years living, for being so naive,
I blame your existence, for being so tempting
I blame those dumb fairytales, for messing up my head
Never once I'd thought that,
One I hate turn to love

(As the guitar strungs become stronger, the scene zoomed out harshly showing a stage crazy with lights. Each guitar strung before the scene changes again to show Liz running away from the team. Liz ran to the island stage using the ramp as audience waving flags and other things can be seen by the camera too. Energetically, Liz successfully sang the reff before stopping in the island stage)

Cause I'm, a little, bit insane

(The transmission then quickly went black for a while before turning back on again for the creme de la creme, showing a close up of Liz singing as her hair was blown away by a wind machine as the scene zooms away)

Your existence,
a headache in my head.
But the way that you love me,
is like a migraine med, oh yeah.

(The lights on the stage lights up again following the beat, with each beat and light becoming more violent, showing split seconds of the drums, the guitars, the pianos playing in harmony as Liz shouted to the audience a new call "COME ON ALEZIA, COME ON WORLD, TO VICTORY!" which was met with screams from the audience. As the moment the reff was approaching once again for the last time, a close up of Liz was shown once again as she screamed the final reff...)

(which prompted the final staging, fireworks being used to give that finale feel together with the lights used. Once again this was met with a happy audience. Singing the reff once again, while doing that, Liz ran back from the island stage to the main stage)

(The camera moves to show a scene where Liz rotated in a quick small circle before playing along with her backings. The scene shows confetti falling from the sky for the winning team. The team did their best to sing to their abilities, just as shown to the audience. During the last part of the verse, the band lipsynced each phrase until the scene stops with Liz points at the camera prompting a change of scenery to show the last part)

(The last guitarist who did the last strung got the spotlight for himself for the last part of the song before he finally stopped. The stop was met with a stop in fireworks before it shot once again for the last time. This time for victory.)

(The audience roared in applause (especially the Alezians) to the winning entry. Liz shouted "THANK YOU SO MUCH STRAYAROOS, THANK YOU SO MUCH WORLD! HERE WE GO! ALE ALE ALE!" The team gather around her once again in a happy ending setting for the Alezians as the camera shows Alezians celebrating with each other, flying flags, hugging, all the combination. And with that, the credits rolled in, as Alezia earned their second title).
THE ALEZIAN UNION

Member of the WMCAverse
Waisnor / Malta Comino Gozo / Carrelie / ALEZIAN UNION

Read The Alezian Union: The Comic HERE!

Winner of Worldvision 94,103, and 107
Runner-up of Worldvision 83 (through NA), 104, and 105, WHF 55, and JWHF 9

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates