NATION

PASSWORD

Congress of the ILN

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Founded: Oct 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Congress of the ILN

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 am

ILN Mainpage: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=525311&p=40050633#p40050633
Where the bills go after being discussed to be voted on: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=525312
A place where all members of the International League of Nations come together to debate issues, filibuster, delcare stump speeches and other political motives.
As such one must navigate itself through the waters to survive

Let the 1st Congress of the ILN come into session!
Last edited by Anduk Hessen on Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current sitting president of the International League of Nations
ILN Application Center:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=525311
"Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried."
Winston Churchill
Avid Katawa Shoujo fan: heres the game link if you want to try it out yourself:
https://jastusa.com/games/cc001/katawa-shoujo

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Bill on the floor

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:31 am

I would like to put a bill on the floor

Resolution Bill:

Condemn Niratania

I.i.a. For general disregard for human life
ii.b For the disregard of cultures and languages.
II.i.a. For the aggressiveness shown towards anyone who thinks differently than him.
III.i.a Embargo Niratania as soon as the law passes.
Thus this short bill in discussion would condemn Niratania and would keep them from coming into the alliance.
Any other things you want to attach can be done so
Last edited by Anduk Hessen on Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILN Application Center:
"Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried."
Winston Churchill

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 02, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:06 am

It's got a Yes vote
Last edited by Polonium on Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
PTPV NEWS-4 (6:25 PM)| Headlines: Education Bill signed by President | Governor Carter of State of Gallium loses election | Fire erupts in City of Primrose, three injured | Moai built at Middle City, becomes tourist attraction | WEATHER 72% chance of Precipitation. High Temperature 23 C/Low Temperature 17 C

THE STATE OF POLONIUM
Six hundred years of war, diplomacy and destruction

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:09 am

Polonium wrote:It's got a Yes vote

Honorable Judge, I assure you that we understand your footing with this bill right now. But this is purely a discussion floor.
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:10 am

Anduk Hessen wrote:
Polonium wrote:It's got a Yes vote

Honorable Judge, I assure you that we understand your footing with this bill right now. But this is purely a discussion floor.

Oh ok.
PTPV NEWS-4 (6:25 PM)| Headlines: Education Bill signed by President | Governor Carter of State of Gallium loses election | Fire erupts in City of Primrose, three injured | Moai built at Middle City, becomes tourist attraction | WEATHER 72% chance of Precipitation. High Temperature 23 C/Low Temperature 17 C

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:12 am

Polonium wrote:
Anduk Hessen wrote:Honorable Judge, I assure you that we understand your footing with this bill right now. But this is purely a discussion floor.

Oh ok.

If you have bill ideas to put across that would be wonderful to hear. I just dont believe my bill is completely ready to leave the floor.
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:24 pm

New bill proposal:

It would fall under Congress:

II.iv.d When a member of Congress (eg. anyone) wants to move a proposed bill from the Congress floor to the voting bloc, they must state how long the bill will run for and also must have the signature of at least three nations.
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Gertyx
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gertyx » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:26 pm

Anduk Hessen wrote:New bill proposal:

II.iv.d When a member of Congress (eg. anyone) wants to move a proposed bill from the Congress floor to the voting bloc, they must state how long the bill will run for and also must have the signature of at least three nations.

No bad, yes.
"The meaning of existence is the desire for the longest and most productive existence"

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:26 pm

I have no complaints. although you can up the signature requirement to 4 or 5?
Last edited by Polonium on Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Prov
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Prov » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:30 pm

I vote nay.
Last edited by Prov on Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:40 pm

Polonium wrote:

I have no complaints. although you can up the signature requirement to 4 or 5?

Sure
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:40 pm

Prov wrote:

I vote nay.

Sorry Honorable Judge but the voting is over in the Voting Bloc, not here
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:30 pm

"I would like to propose starting a debate on the following, if possible"

Intervention in Driliand Act:

The ILN, noting the series of recent conflicts in the world, shall:

I) Intervene in the Driliand war on the side of the Second Republic of Hidrandia(viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525075)

II) Attempt to end the war by attempting multiple diplomatic efforts to secure a peaceful resolution

III) Help out any and all refugees by establishing a mutual refugee program in ILN nations

IV) Attempt to establish ILN as a powerful player on the international stage.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Gertyx
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Gertyx » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:54 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:"I would like to propose starting a debate on the following, if possible"

I) Intervene in the Driliand war on the side of the Second Republic of Hidrandia(viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525075)

II) Attempt to end the war by attempting multiple diplomatic efforts to secure a peaceful resolution

III) Help out any and all refugees by establishing a mutual refugee program in ILN nations

I can accept a diplomatic settlement, but our alliance should not take sides.
I'm against.
"The meaning of existence is the desire for the longest and most productive existence"

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Gertyx wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:"I would like to propose starting a debate on the following, if possible"

I can accept a diplomatic settlement, but our alliance should not take sides.
I'm against.

“How about serving as neutral humanitarians in the conflict?”
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bakivaland » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Prisoner and Criminal Rights Act

In order to combat the abuse of prisoners, I've written this resolution. This resolution aims to eliminate the terrible treatment of incarcerated individuals, as well as give everyone a fair trial. All member states must follow the clauses of this resolution (if it is passed).

I.) A citizen of any member state has the right to a fair trial.
II.) If possible, a public defender will be sent to a criminal currently in trial if they are impoverished or cannot hire a private lawyer. If the defendant wishes to represent themselves, they aren't sent a public defender. In cases where the government cannot send a public defender, anyone may volunteer to represent the person.
III.) No incarcerated individual will be placed in solitary confinement for more than 30 consecutive days, and may not be placed in solitary confinement for more than 60 days in a 120 day period.
IV.) Incarcerated individuals must have access to basic medical care and medication.
V.) Incarcerated individuals must have hygienic living conditions. Thus, prisoners must be able to shower at least once every two days, they must have their bedding cleaned at least once a week, they must have a toilet and sink, and they must have access to clean food and water. Prisoners must also have access to a pair of clean clothes, and these clothes must be washed at least bi-daily.
VI.) No individual that has obvious signs of insanity may be imprisoned, and must undergo psychiatric evaluation to determine whether or not they should be sent to a mental hospital or a prison.
VII.) No incarcerated individual will be unfairly discriminated against due to their race, sex, or views.
VIII.) Incarcerated individuals must have standard legal protections.
IX.) Incarcerated individuals may be subject to corporal punishment, but may not undergo it repeatedly (for more than a 6 hour period).

Discuss, give signatures, bring this to the voting bloc!!!

Remember, prisons are to reform and punish, not torture. Prisoners are citizens too!
Last edited by Bakivaland on Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
An avid politics nerd

Thexaelen
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Thexaelen » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Bakivaland wrote:

In order to combat the abuse of prisoners, I've written this resolution. This resolution aims to eliminate the terrible treatment of incarcerated individuals, as well as give everyone a fair trial. All member states must follow the clauses of this resolution (if it is passed).

II.) If possible, a public defender will be sent to a criminal currently in trial if they are impoverished or cannot hire a private lawyer. If the defendant wishes to represent themselves, they aren't sent a public defender. In cases where the government cannot send a public defender, anyone may volunteer to represent the person.
III.) No incarcerated individual will be placed in solitary confinement for more than 30 consecutive days, and may not be placed in solitary confinement for more than 60 days in a 120 day period.
IV.) Incarcerated individuals must have access to basic medical care and medication.
V.) Incarcerated individuals must have hygienic living conditions. Thus, prisoners must be able to shower at least once every two days, they must have their bedding cleaned at least once a week, they must have a toilet and sink, and they must have access to clean food and water. Prisoners must also have access to a pair of clean clothes, and these clothes must be washed at least bi-daily.
VI.) No individual that has obvious signs of insanity may be imprisoned, and must undergo psychiatric evaluation to determine whether or not they should be sent to a mental hospital or a prison.
VII.) No incarcerated individual will be unfairly discriminated against due to their race, sex, or views.
IX.) Incarcerated individuals may be subject to corporal punishment, but may not undergo it repeatedly (for more than a 6 hour period).

Remember, prisons are to reform and punish, not torture. Prisoners are citizens too!

Thexaelen doesn't seem to have any issues with the resolution so far, and is interested to hear others opinions.
Telegram me about anything really, I pretty much always read them
Embassy: Thexaelen Embassy

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:51 pm

Bakivaland wrote:

This is a good act, and I will fully support it when it comes to voting.

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:53 pm

If positive feedback continues, I'll bring this to the voting bloc in about an hour or two.
An avid politics nerd

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:53 pm

Bakivaland wrote:

Marajarbia supports!

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:54 pm

Should I bring this to the Voting Bloc? I believe it may be ready...
An avid politics nerd

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:02 pm

Bakivaland wrote:Should I bring this to the Voting Bloc? I believe it may be ready...

I believe yes,

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Thexaelen
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Thexaelen » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:42 am

So I accidentally posted this yesterday directly to the Voting Bloc instead of the Congress, and then made minor changes, it would help if I was informed exactly of any issues this new bill. presents.
Official ILN peacekeeping Arbitration Forces Bill (R.2)

Partially in light of the chaos the war between the Republic of Nuevo maya & the united states of niratania had caused, aswell as rousing unrest experianced by multiple nations, Thexaelen feels compelled to establish a formal governing body, dedicated to exclusively to assisting those suffering the consequences of war & maintaining peace throughout the ILN. If successfuly passed, member states will adhere to articles below.

I. The Peacekeeping Arbitration Forces(from now on will be referred to as the PAF) Shall be established as the ILN's primary Peacekeeping branch.

II. The PAF shall be overseen by a triumvirate consisting of the current league president, vice-president & Minister of defenses, or its own exclusive council if so.

III. Unless for a "just" purpose, such as waging war against those who commit crimes against humanity as an example, All nations should attempt to settle arguments or disputes with diplomatic and/or peaceful means before turning to violence

IV. All members with active armed forces shall be required to give a minimum of 1K troops to become PAF troops

V. This bill cannot impair a members right counter-attack & defend in the worst case scenario of a foreign Invasion

VI. Along the same lines of article V, if a member state requests it, the PAF can atleast attempt to provide a resolution to any armed conflicts members are involved in, likely one that benefits the member state.

VII. If war happens, the PAF can decide to send troops to mostly provide humanitarian relief, and to help the main military in defenses if the situation calls for it.

VIII. If a member state requests it,The PAF can decide to (temporarily) blockade or start demonstrations against nations that are attacking or displaying extremely aggressive behaviour towards members.

IX. Finally, member states may inquire of any issues regarding this bill and seek to have them resolved.
Telegram me about anything really, I pretty much always read them
Embassy: Thexaelen Embassy

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:12 am

Thexaelen wrote:So I accidentally posted this yesterday directly to the Voting Bloc instead of the Congress, and then made minor changes, it would help if I was informed exactly of any issues this new bill. presents.

Partially in light of the chaos the war between the Republic of Nuevo maya & the united states of niratania had caused, aswell as rousing unrest experianced by multiple nations, Thexaelen feels compelled to establish a formal governing body, dedicated to exclusively to assisting those suffering the consequences of war & maintaining peace throughout the ILN. If successfuly passed, member states will adhere to articles below.

I. The Peacekeeping Arbitration Forces(from now on will be referred to as the PAF) Shall be established as the ILN's primary Peacekeeping branch.

II. The PAF shall be overseen by a triumvirate consisting of the current league president, vice-president & Minister of defenses, or its own exclusive council if so.

III. Unless for a "just" purpose, such as waging war against those who commit crimes against humanity as an example, All nations should attempt to settle arguments or disputes with diplomatic and/or peaceful means before turning to violence

IV. All members with active armed forces shall be required to give a minimum of 1K troops to become PAF troops

V. This bill cannot impair a members right counter-attack & defend in the worst case scenario of a foreign Invasion

VI. Along the same lines of article V, if a member state requests it, the PAF can atleast attempt to provide a resolution to any armed conflicts members are involved in, likely one that benefits the member state.

VII. If war happens, the PAF can decide to send troops to mostly provide humanitarian relief, and to help the main military in defenses if the situation calls for it.

VIII. If a member state requests it,The PAF can decide to (temporarily) blockade or start demonstrations against nations that are attacking or displaying extremely aggressive behaviour towards members.

IX. Finally, member states may inquire of any issues regarding this bill and seek to have them resolved.

I really, really dislike article three. Otherwise, it looks ok. Also I think you should do a percentage of troops instead of a set number to send to the PAF.
An avid politics nerd

Gertyx
Bureaucrat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Gertyx » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:02 am

Thexaelen wrote:So I accidentally posted this yesterday directly to the Voting Bloc instead of the Congress, and then made minor changes, it would help if I was informed exactly of any issues this new bill. presents.

I assept this.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates