NATION

PASSWORD

Supreme Court of the ILN

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Founded: Oct 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Supreme Court of the ILN

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:06 am

ILN Mainpage: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=525311&p=40050633#p40050633
The area where the Supreme Court of the ILN comes into session its law makers are Prov, Rick Perry, Polonium, Speghettitopia, and Bakivaland
The judges when they believe that a law is unjust can with a 51% majority bring it under a review and with another 51% they can override it and deem it unconstitutional.

With that, the 1st Supreme Court of the ILN Comes into session!
Last edited by Anduk Hessen on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current sitting president of the International League of Nations
ILN Application Center:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=525311
"Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried."
Winston Churchill
Avid Katawa Shoujo fan: heres the game link if you want to try it out yourself:
https://jastusa.com/games/cc001/katawa-shoujo

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:52 pm

Gentlemen of the Supreme Court, please after I heard about the bill, put the Impeachment Bill under review so that you may decide weather or not to continue with it to Congress. I have no bias on this matter.
ILN Application Center:
"Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried."
Winston Churchill

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:01 pm

Bard Gyldenløve, the Bakivish Supreme Court Justice, doesn't support the Impeachment Bill, and they don't believe it should be passed to congress. In fact, he finds it quite disconcerting that one wants to impeach the president so early in their presidency.

The Bakivish opinion:
Against
Last edited by Bakivaland on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An avid politics nerd

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 02, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:04 pm

I don't really support the bill at this time, I would need for it to be a little edited and then it can go
PTPV NEWS-4 (6:25 PM)| Headlines: Education Bill signed by President | Governor Carter of State of Gallium loses election | Fire erupts in City of Primrose, three injured | Moai built at Middle City, becomes tourist attraction | WEATHER 72% chance of Precipitation. High Temperature 23 C/Low Temperature 17 C

THE STATE OF POLONIUM
Six hundred years of war, diplomacy and destruction

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Honorable Judges, I am glad for your support at the time, but please hear me out.

A anonymous person put forth a bill to impeach the Vice president. Not me.
And as well, the person who brought it forth is the one who summited it
Thus they should be the ones that must edit it
Last edited by Anduk Hessen on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:08 pm

We still do not know at this time who submitted the bill, so this is pretty hard to get around.
Last edited by Polonium on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PTPV NEWS-4 (6:25 PM)| Headlines: Education Bill signed by President | Governor Carter of State of Gallium loses election | Fire erupts in City of Primrose, three injured | Moai built at Middle City, becomes tourist attraction | WEATHER 72% chance of Precipitation. High Temperature 23 C/Low Temperature 17 C

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:10 pm

Oh okay, well, we certainly don't support this impeachment either! It is too early in their presidency to be deciding such matters.

Bard Gyldenløve's Opinion:
It is too early in the vice-president's career to decide whether or not they should be impeached. The vice-president hasn't done any wrong-doings that I am aware of, and thus, I cannot say I agree with this bill. There simply isn't a good reason, nor enough evidence.

Opinion: Against
Last edited by Bakivaland on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An avid politics nerd

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:10 pm

Polonium wrote:We still do not know at this time who submitted the bill, so this is pretty hard to get around.

I may have an idea

Ok found the person.
It was Visford
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:12 pm

The President agrees with Bakivaland's opinion. No one should deserve to get impeached early into their tenure, unless they have done some wrong doing.

In light of Anduk Hessen finding out who wanted to impeach the VP, Visford? Anything to say?
Last edited by Polonium on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Tritestan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Tritestan » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:14 pm

thank you all for your decisions.

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Polonium wrote:The President agrees with Bakivaland's opinion. No one should deserve to get impeached early into their tenure, unless they have done some wrong doing.

In light of Anduk Hessen finding out who wanted to impeach the VP, Visford? Anything to say?

Visford isnt online
Majority opinion says that they will not take the case.
Dismissed correct?
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:15 pm

Another idea though judges.
Should we criminally charge Niratania?
We condemned him already but that would be the icing on the cake
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:17 pm

Anduk Hessen wrote:Another idea though judges.

Should we? Currently I stand without an opinion, but I'll think on it. I'm not exactly sure that the international community would like that...

Especially Niratania's allies.
An avid politics nerd

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:18 pm

Bakivaland wrote:

Should we? Currently I stand without an opinion, but I'll think on it. I'm not exactly sure that the international community would like that...

Well I ask you because you lawmakers would write it up and vote on it
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:19 pm

Anduk Hessen wrote:
Bakivaland wrote:Should we? Currently I stand without an opinion, but I'll think on it. I'm not exactly sure that the international community would like that...

Well I ask you because you lawmakers would write it up and vote on it

Okay, well, currently I shall remain undecided. I will think about it.
An avid politics nerd

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:22 pm

But the verdict on Visford is that either their bill should be considered illegitimate due to the obvious reasons (being too early into the VP's career, not enough evidence, and more investigation is needed).
An avid politics nerd

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:23 pm

Not much, it might anger his allies, and we would probably be tangled up in a war.

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:24 pm

Polonium wrote:

Not much, it might anger his allies, and we would probably be tangled up in a war.

*angry Bakivish boeing 747 sounds intensify*
Last edited by Bakivaland on Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An avid politics nerd

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:30 pm

Here is my answer
It's way to early to impeach anyone just yet. I am unaware of any suspicious activity by the Vice President at this time. However if we do suspect any "unfaithful" business by the Vice President we will deal with it then.

AGAINST

Rick Perry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rick Perry » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:32 pm

Polonium wrote:

If that is the case we must not take this lightly. We must properly prepare with out panic. And we must keep this secret from the media.

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:35 pm

Rick Perry wrote:
Polonium wrote:Not much, it might anger his allies, and we would probably be tangled up in a war.

If that is the case we must not take this lightly. We must properly prepare with out panic. And we must keep this secret from the media.

I don't think that we should criminally charge Niratania, we have no reason too if we have already placed an embargo on them.

If we do criminally charge them, we risk major international backlash
An avid politics nerd

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:38 pm

Polonium, what is your opinion on the impeachment bill? If you vote against, we will have the majority against the bill, getting this silly little matter over with faster.
An avid politics nerd

Polonium
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Polonium » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:25 pm

Bakivaland wrote:Polonium, what is your opinion on the impeachment bill? If you vote against, we will have the majority against the bill, getting this silly little matter over with faster.

Against. Very against. Why should we impeach the VP after a day in office, when he has done nothing wrong?

THE STATE OF POLONIUM

Bakivaland
Diplomat

Postby Bakivaland » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:30 pm

The Impeachment Bill, Supreme Court Resolution
In response to the impeachment attempts to the VP, I have written this to keep unreasonable impeachment attempts out of the ILN. If this bill is passed, all member states must follow the following articles.

I. A member state may not write a bill and send it to the Supreme Court that has the purposes to impeach a member of the Executive Body or the Supreme Court if there is a significant lack of evidence that incriminates them.

II. Any bill with intentions to impeach a member of the Executive Body must first be signed by at least two other member states.

III. Bills written with intentions to impeach a Supreme Court member must first be signed by at least two other member states.

Only Supreme Court Justices may vote on bills with intentions of impeaching a member of the Executive Body or Supreme Court. Of course, non-members of those organizations may advocate for or against the bill, but may not vote on it.

Supreme Court Justices, please vote!!!

I am for this resolution. Only Supreme Court Justices may vote on this resolution, as it is a matter than only concerns them, but non-Supreme Court Justices may advocate for or against this, but may not vote on this.

Voting will end tomorrow at 2:00 PM Coordinated Universal Time (10:00 AM EST, 7:00 AM PST).

ILN Supreme Court, Building peace and reducing corruption since 2022
Last edited by Bakivaland on Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
An avid politics nerd

Anduk Hessen
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Anduk Hessen » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:42 pm

Bakivaland wrote:
The Impeachment Bill, Supreme Court Resolution
In response to the impeachment attempts to the VP, I have written this to keep unreasonable impeachment attempts out of the ILN. If this bill is passed, all member states must follow the following articles.

I. A member state may not write a bill and send it to the Supreme Court that has the purposes to impeach a member of the Executive Body or the Supreme Court if there is a significant lack of evidence that incriminates them.

II. Any bill with intentions to impeach a member of the Executive Body must first be signed by at least two other member states.

III. Bills written with intentions to impeach a Supreme Court member must first be signed by at least two other member states.

IV. Only Supreme Court Justices may vote on bills with intentions of impeaching a member of the Executive Body or Supreme Court. Of course, non-members of those organizations may advocate for or against the bill, but may not vote on it. Supreme Court Justices, please vote!!!

I am for this resolution. Only Supreme Court Justices may vote on this resolution, as it is a matter than only concerns them, but non-Supreme Court Justices may advocate for or against this, but may not vote on this.

Voting will end tomorrow at 2:00 PM Coordinated Universal Time (10:00 AM EST, 7:00 AM PST).

ILN Supreme Court, Building peace and reducing corruption since 2022

Thats a solid bill. Good job
ILN Application Center:
Winston Churchill

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates