NATION

PASSWORD

MSDL Meetings Thread (TWI Only - IC - Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Laeden
Attaché

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

MSDL Meetings Thread (TWI Only - IC - Closed)

Postby Laeden » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:57 pm

Not far from the seaside an elegant building rises above the others that surround it, appearing royal and grand. Its many offices are filled with diplomats from different nations and ethnic background, working together to materialize the ideal of the MSDL: to make its member nations come closer and thrive in peace and harmony. The faint sound of the waves coming from the vast blue sea that can be seen from the windows of the building provide the ambassadors with all the motivation they need to persevere and stay strong in their mission. Meanwhile, in the main room of the building, the wooden walls and black leather chairs transpire the gravitas and authority of this august organization, as many relevant and important discussions often take place in there. The beating heart of the building and the entire MSDL, the main room is the place where all nations come together to find common ground and strive for common good.

Thus is the MSDL's headquarters, in Cartaganca, Rodaves.

This thread is going to be the host for all IC discussions in the MSDL. Every member is free to come forward and speak whenever they like and about whataver topic they deem convenient. While this is an official Assembly, it doesn't have a strict rite that needs to be observed, and so the representatives of each nation are free to act in whataver manner they want, within reason and always maintaining the proper respect and diplomatic etiquette. If you want to present an issue to the MSDL or just discuss anything pertinent to the organization's activities, this is the place. You can have private meetings with specific members in the office room of your nation or have a general meeting with all members in the main room, so please, when you post, do specify who you're talking to and where is the conversation taking place. It goes without saying, PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE if you're not an MSDL member, unless you have explicit authorization and invitation to do so from one of the members.
Last edited by Laeden on Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laeden
Attaché

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Laeden » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:16 am

Cartaganca, 09/10/22

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome,” announced Ambrose Ecuyer, Laeden's MSDL representative, as he began his speech in the main hall of the organization's building, located in Cartaganca. “I know my invitation was rather hasty, and I ask your pardon for withdrawing you from your daily activities. Nevertheless, I am convinced that the war between East Lankia and Rehaajl can no longer be ignored by our community”.

The diplomat took a sip of water before continuing with his speech.

“MSDL is an organization guided by the maintenance of peace, prosperity and concord among nations, notably those located in the South Mesder region. Although the conflict is not technically developing within our subregion, we cannot help but be concerned about the impacts this war will have on our nations. Refugees will certainly come to our countries, and the important trade routes that pass through the coast of Martenyika will be threatened by the clashes of the naval forces of the belligerent nations, which will put, even if indirectly, our economies at risk. Furthermore, my interpretation is that the role of MSDL is not to serve as a closed club for the promotion of peace within a restricted geographic area, but rather to serve as a promoter of social justice and peace at the regional and regional level. global. That said, Laeden does not consider it appropriate for us to passively watch the grave episodes unfolding in our immediate neighborhood, and we should all be concerned about the destabilization this will bring to our entire subregion.”

After another pause, this time for air, Ambrose resumed his speech.

“I cannot help but think of the victims of this conflict. In the countless people who will have their lives destroyed, their properties devastated and their physical and psychological integrity threatened, all this because of a war whose reasons are not even clear. Furthermore, allowing such a conflict to erupt so easily undermines the civility of our nations, and serves as a bad example for international relations. If war goes back to being a diplomatic instrument used indiscriminately, we will regress to a state of violence and barbarity that will ruin all the important legal and social achievements of recent times. Therefore, I think that our nations should take a more proactive stance in this conflict, whether for a pragmatic issue, that is, because the war will have undesirable side effects for our countries, or for a dogmatic issue, since the scenario with which we encounter is the antithesis of everything that MSDL stands for for the future”.

Ambrose straightened his bright red tie, the prettiest in his collection, which now tightened around his neck as he spoke. The diplomat opened his black leather briefcase, taking out a sheet of paper.

“Having made these very brief initial considerations, I propose that our League adopt the following measures:
- Publicly condemn the war between East Lankia and Renhaajl, urging the two nations to seek peaceful solutions to the conflict.
- Summon representatives of the two nations to seek explanations about the reason for the conflict and what are the objectives intended by the belligerent parties.
- Organize a humanitarian aid system, along the lines of what is being done in San Javier, to welcome and care for civilian populations affected by the war.
- Impose political and economic sanctions against the belligerent countries, including the freezing and seizure of the assets of the governments and high authorities of both nations, until they are willing to negotiate peace.
- Send a military task force of peacekeepers to monitor the unfolding of the conflict on the spot, including working to preserve the rights of civilian populations and ensure compliance with international law.

These are my considerations and I thank you, in advance, for the kindness of being heard by this most excellent collegiate”, said Ambrose, ending his speech and heading to his seat, from where he had watched the debates unfold.

Return to NationStates