NATION

PASSWORD

Ustikolina campus, reformatory for wives(IC/MT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:55 pm

((OOC: Sure, we can timeskip to the next day.))

She finished her classes and training that day and into the night. She finally ate and tried to keep quiet. She said hello to Sofia once again and tried to distract herself from her situation. Finally she was able to get to her room and wind down for the night. She needed to shower before laying down to sleep.

She woke up early. Too early. After getting dressed and having a quick snack, she waited until called in to therapy.
Glorious Home of the Blue Soviets
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:57 pm

Blagorgansk wrote:((OOC: Sure, we can timeskip to the next day.))

She finished her classes and training that day and into the night. She finally ate and tried to keep quiet. She said hello to Sofia once again and tried to distract herself from her situation. Finally she was able to get to her room and wind down for the night. She needed to shower before laying down to sleep.

She woke up early. Too early. After getting dressed and having a quick snack, she waited until called in to therapy.

IC: She was called into therapy,
"Hello Yekaterina, my name is Doctor Maryam, how are you finding your life here?"

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:03 pm

“It is awful”, she said as she took a seat. “I do not need such classes. I do not need to cook or hear about how I should listen to that man of mine. Why he trick me here? He could say, ‘Yekaterina, you want to come to reform school?’ And then I would say ‘NO! Leave me alone, stop crying because people laugh’.”

“You see?” She looked towards the doctor.
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:07 pm

Blagorgansk wrote:“It is awful”, she said as she took a seat. “I do not need such classes. I do not need to cook or hear about how I should listen to that man of mine. Why he trick me here? He could say, ‘Yekaterina, you want to come to reform school?’ And then I would say ‘NO! Leave me alone, stop crying because people laugh’.”

“You see?” She looked towards the doctor.

"Yes, I can see you are upset you have been tricked. And it does seem unreasonable to expect you to attend cooking class if you don't need to cook.
So are the other students being nice to you?"

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:12 pm

“Yes they are”, she replied. “I don’t get to speak with them very often though. I am not mad at the people here. Just with my husband. And they speak as if he is so perfect.” She couldn’t wait to see him again to release all her anger onto him.
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Blagorgansk wrote:“Yes they are”, she replied. “I don’t get to speak with them very often though. I am not mad at the people here. Just with my husband. And they speak as if he is so perfect.” She couldn’t wait to see him again to release all her anger onto him.

“Did he ever hit you or force you to do anything?” The therapist asked.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:53 pm

“No”, she replied. “He just does not listen to me. Ivan has read books and seen television where he thinks a woman should just listen to him. Nyet! I make him listen. He cannot tell me how to be.” Her voice was more calm, even though her viewpoint was just as staunch. “I want to do more than just be a wife. I could, but the thought scares him. So here he sends me, to another country’s people to do his work.”
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:14 am

Blagorgansk wrote:“No”, she replied. “He just does not listen to me. Ivan has read books and seen television where he thinks a woman should just listen to him. Nyet! I make him listen. He cannot tell me how to be.” Her voice was more calm, even though her viewpoint was just as staunch. “I want to do more than just be a wife. I could, but the thought scares him. So here he sends me, to another country’s people to do his work.”

"What vows did you make at the wedding?" Doctor Maryam, the therapist, asked.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:44 am

“I say to be with him in sickness and health, if he have money or if he broke, happiness or sad. But I don’t vow to be his maid and chef. He has feet and hands, yes?” She sat back in her chair and crossed her arms.
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:49 am

Blagorgansk wrote:“I say to be with him in sickness and health, if he have money or if he broke, happiness or sad. But I don’t vow to be his maid and chef. He has feet and hands, yes?” She sat back in her chair and crossed her arms.

"So you never said you would obey him but he expects you to anyway?" she asked.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:04 am

“See! You do not listen to my words. I say to be with him. I never vowed to obey him. Nyet!” She stomped her delicate foot. “He should obey me. He is the one who says I am so pretty. So then he should take out the garbage and clean for me.” She looked pleased at how she answered that question.
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:10 am

Blagorgansk wrote:“See! You do not listen to my words. I say to be with him. I never vowed to obey him. Nyet!” She stomped her delicate foot. “He should obey me. He is the one who says I am so pretty. So then he should take out the garbage and clean for me.” She looked pleased at how she answered that question.

"Right, seems unfair that he expects you to obey him then. I hope you make friends here and get out soon." the therapist says, concluding the session.
She now has another lecture and then lunch.
Last edited by Trad Bosnia on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:14 am

“Oh”, she says confused. She thought the doctor was against her but now understands what she was trying to say. “Oh okay.” She seemed more calm now. Maybe she would try harder with her classes just for the sake of doing so.

She nodded and left soon afterwards to go to her class.
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:16 am

Blagorgansk wrote:“Oh”, she says confused. She thought the doctor was against her but now understands what she was trying to say. “Oh okay.” She seemed more calm now. Maybe she would try harder with her classes just for the sake of doing so.

She nodded and left soon afterwards to go to her class.

IC: The lecture begins "All the six major world religions have gender roles. In most of these, the married woman is expected to obey her husband." the teacher says
, "this includes both Islam and Christianity as well as the major Dharmic religions of Hinduism and Buddhism."

"Actually the patriarchal Ancient Greek gave matriarchy too much credit, despite trying to critique it, with their stories of the Amazons.
No matriarchy is militarily that effective and no matriarchy ever has been in recorded history."

"Any questions, girls?"
the teacher asked
Last edited by Trad Bosnia on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:23 am

“Yes, I have question. Do you think maybe these religions put women down because they are meant to control a population? That is the role of religion, to force the will of one group over an entire population. Except for ancient, natural religion with no leaders and no figurehead. These religions are NOT really there to ‘save people’.”

She paused before adding, “I come from Soviet nation, but that doesn’t make it perfect. Yes! Soviet policy is also meant to control people, just like religion. Men have a habit of being too controlling. Militaries are not good things. War is dumb, the worst thing for humanity. Think of how many great female diplomats there have been. Great Queens and leaders. You think war is something great? Not if you have seen its death.”

“Psh. Men are not so special. Don’t believe her ladies.” She crossed her arms and shook her legs. If the teacher tried to stop her, Yekaterina had only spoken louder.
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:27 am

Blagorgansk wrote:“Yes, I have question. Do you think maybe these religions put women down because they are meant to control a population? That is the role of religion, to force the will of one group over an entire population. Except for ancient, natural religion with no leaders and no figurehead. These religions are NOT really there to ‘save people’.”

She paused before adding, “I come from Soviet nation, but that doesn’t make it perfect. Yes! Soviet policy is also meant to control people, just like religion. Men have a habit of being too controlling. Militaries are not good things. War is dumb, the worst thing for humanity. Think of how many great female diplomats there have been. Great Queens and leaders. You think war is something great? Not if you have seen its death.”

“Psh. Men are not so special. Don’t believe her ladies.” She crossed her arms and shook her legs. If the teacher tried to stop her, Yekaterina had only spoken louder.

"How will you avoid war if you don't have an army to frighten other countries away from it?
And, yes, there are great female leaders, such as the current Minister of Human Rights and Refugees, Semiha Borovac. But they exist in the context of a patriarchal society"

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:34 am

“The reason they exist is because they are forced to be stuck in a system of patriarchy. Yet they still rise above it. If this was a maternal world, there would be no wars. There would be more diplomacy. This is why men must be babysat like children. Or they will start their own wars against other men and drag you down with them.”

“For example, in Blagorgansk women commonly serve with military. I promise you lady Blagorussian soldiers are better warriors than civilian man of other nation who simply play video games and work as office manager. I promise.”
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:38 am

Blagorgansk wrote:“The reason they exist is because they are forced to be stuck in a system of patriarchy. Yet they still rise above it. If this was a maternal world, there would be no wars. There would be more diplomacy. This is why men must be babysat like children. Or they will start their own wars against other men and drag you down with them.”

“For example, in Blagorgansk women commonly serve with military. I promise you lady Blagorussian soldiers are better warriors than civilian man of other nation who simply play video games and work as office manager. I promise.”

IC: She is given a warning for "being sexist" (for saying "This is why men must be babysat like children").
Then the bell rings for lunch.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:45 am

Yekaterina makes a ‘hrumph’ sound and blows a lock of hair away from her face as she is warned. She goes to lunch and looks for others to sit near.
One Nation, One Choice

Patria Honorable
Secretary

Founded: Jun 17, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Patria Honorable » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:49 am

Blagorgansk wrote:Yekaterina makes a ‘hrumph’ sound and blows a lock of hair away from her face as she is warned. She goes to lunch and looks for others to sit near.

IC: Sofia offers to sit next to her, "Hi, how was today?" Sofia asked, looking at her to see how she feels.
Last edited by Patria Honorable on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:09 am

She smiles to Sofia. “It was better. I said what I felt I needed, I tried to listen. They sent me to speak with doctor. She seemed nicer.”
One Nation, One Choice

Patria Honorable
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Patria Honorable » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:45 am

Blagorgansk wrote:She smiles to Sofia. “It was better. I said what I felt I needed, I tried to listen. They sent me to speak with doctor. She seemed nicer.”

IC: "That's lovely, my day went well too, I'm out in 10 days. " said Sofia, handing Yekaterina a menu.

Blagorgansk
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Blagorgansk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:06 am

Kate took the menu and looked over it. “Ten days? That’s so many.. Why were you sent here?”
One Nation, One Choice

Trad Bosnia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Trad Bosnia » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:08 am

Blagorgansk wrote:Kate took the menu and looked over it. “Ten days? That’s so many.. Why were you sent here?”

OOC: What kind of food does she like?

Patria Honorable
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Patria Honorable » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:09 am

Blagorgansk wrote:Kate took the menu and looked over it. “Ten days? That’s so many.. Why were you sent here?”

"Whenever my husband told me to do things in the house I didn't , instead I got.., how do you say?... Lippy?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates