NATION

PASSWORD

Jemungong (提問空) [IC/Non-Canon/Tiandi Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Ambemarivo
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Jemungong (提問空) [IC/Non-Canon/Tiandi Only]

Postby Ambemarivo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:37 pm

Jemungong
Jemungong is a place to gain and share knowledge. It's a platform to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers.

Jemungong's mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. Not all knowledge can be written down, but much of that which can be, still isn't. It remains in people’s heads or only accessible if you know the right people. We want to connect the people who have knowledge to the people who need it, to bring together people with different perspectives so they can understand each other better, and to empower everyone to share their knowledge for the benefit of the rest of the world.

Please use the templates indicated below for all posts.
Code: Select all
[box][size=150][b]Question[/b]: (question) [/size][/box]
Code: Select all
[box][size=150][b]Question[/b]:[/size] (cite the original question or alternatively quote from the original post)[hr][/hr][b]Name[/b]: (your IC persona's name)
[b]Expertise[/b]: (your IC persona's degree or skill relevant to the question)
[size=150][b]Answer[/b]:[/size] (your answer)[/box]

Example:
Question: Why do Yedalians speak Jeongmian, a Namjuan language, rather than speaking some Jungjuan language?

Name: Park Hwa-young
Expertise: Knows Jeongmian
Answer: Lol, are you the type to say "this is an Namjuan language" or "this is Namju"? How dumb can you be for not knowing the history behind the Jeongmian language,.. Dude, JEONGMIAN, this goes back to Jeongmi, the yedalians also speak the Jeongmian language and some dialects originated from there. You cant say this is an 'Namjuan language' cuz what is an Namjuan language? Jeongmian originated from Jeongmi, and the people basically colonized Namju which originally belonged to the indigenous, and now boom you have Namju because of colonization...

Ebatica
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Ebatica » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:25 am

Question: Why is Taniilux so much poorer than the rest of Sinju?

Question:Why is Taniilux so much poorer than the rest of Sinju?

Name: Angiin Chagadusana
Expertise: University of Chalukax Sophomore, majoring in Political Science

Answer: Allow me to recount a moment from last year, in my History of Taniilux course, when someone sitting in the back of the room furtively raised his hand and asked this same question.

My professor smiled, his chalk dancing between his fingers as he prepared to educate yet another ignorant student on the truth the whole world gets wrong about Taniilux:

Taniilux isn't in Sinju.

Your question is founded on a misconception that is easily corrected. First, consider that the kingdoms and empires of modern-day Taniilux, despite engaging in war and trade with Sinju for most of its history, have always had borders firmly located within Yeongju. Even today, it is a textbook definition of a Yeongjuan nation.

Some may question how Taniilux avoids being categorized as Sinjuan when other Bangjuan nations like Wamu and Kaisa often are. This is largely because of a difference in culture. Many people seem to misunderstand exactly how big Taniilux is--again, look at the map I've posted above. While you could certainly find Sinjuan influences in the food, architecture, and culture in the Iludladmiv Bay region, that influence tapers off significantly as you venture further east. Taniilux has more in common with Hachuabsh than Jeongmi, even if your average Taniiluxan grandfather wouldn't admit it!

The differences between Taniilux and Sinju become even more pronounced when you consider a factor as simple as biology. I have yet another piece of evidence that proves the deep divide between my countrymen and Sinjuans. Are you ready to have your mind blown?

Okay, here it is:

Notice the size of the big toe of the Taniiluxan subject in relation to the other toes. Sinjuan feet have toes that slope away from the big toe--even if the slope is slight, as we see in the Fusenic person. Taniiluxan feet (such as my own!) feature uniformly even toes besides the big toe. This foot structure is unique to Taniiluxan people, and isn't even uniform among Yeongjuans. So not only are Taniiluxans not Sinjuan--they are an astoundingly unique group of people!

Now that you know that your question is rather foolish, I will still try to answer it as best as I can.

Compare this photo of Ingyeong:

To this photo of Iluulux̂:

What do you notice?

I see skyscrapers. I see banks. I see industry. I see people living in a vibrant, healthy city.

Even if your question wasn't resting on an ignorant premise (which, again, it is), Taniilux is clearly just as prosperous as Sinju.

Please remember what you've learned today moving forward. We Taniiluxans are a proud people with a long history of Yeongjuan identity, and many of us object to being labeled "Sinjuan." As I've pointed out, that assumption is not only completely wrong--it is ignorant and offensive. It's 2022--please learn to respect Taniilux and its proud people!

EDIT: To all of the people in the comments who are saying I'm wrong, I would advise you to please do some research before you challenge my intellect or resort to words you wouldn't want your mother to hear. I am no longer checking comments on this post!

Soled
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soled » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:01 pm

Question: Is Menneferian the oldest language?

Name: Amr Axtsuun
Expertise: Graduate in Menneferian Studies from Oup Remqe Standard College

Answer: My dear friend, thank you for question... It is indeed true for MENNEFERIAN proven to be oldest language, mother of all languages in the Solar Scriptures, as recorded in Book three 12: "Spread this Word amongst all lands whence Jaatun shines... for their idle Tongues do not know the Speech", as you can see the foreign lands outside Mennefer, everywhere the great sun is shining, could not speak with their tongues... Another incredible revelation from God. In addition, clearly oldest evidence of writing is from the Toowan Valley, homeland of civilization itself, of art, beer, cultivation, culture, mathematics, astronomy, architecture... It is no doubt the oldest language.

EDIT: Please my dear friends, there are many falsities being spread by the Seogwanese and Barthian trolls on this matter here... But the truth will stand strong in this post, I am certain. May the Light be with you all.
Last edited by Soled on Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Tiandi and Ajax
Norwegian | they/them and she/her pronouns

Ambemarivo
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 24, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambemarivo » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:24 am

Soled wrote:
Name: Urad-Yu Arnuwanda
Expertise: BA in Maikhan Linguistics, University of Lagash
Answer: I would not be surprised if that's the communist propaganda that they teach in Mennefer! The liberal media likes to give credit to communist dictatorships, whose "histories" and "cultures" they have appropriated from their neighbors, throughout their countless massacres and atrocities and human rights violations. No, Menneferian is not the oldest language, far from it actually.

If you actually study Yoju's past, you will see that the Gulf of Napsal is the cradle of civilization. I don't want to disparage you if you are a simple Sinjuan who just visited the Pyramids or something -- after all, the "civilizing mission" of Sinju made sure to remove all mentions of advanced civilization in Yoju to justify its bloodhungry colonialism -- but my point is, only a small portion of Mennfer lies next to that gulf, and that was stolen from the Seogwanese Caliphate ages ago. You will find that Mennefer lies northwest of Seogwan, facing West Yoju and Nukigurun, both landmasses historically known for their barbarism. (No offense there! It's an undeniable fact!) It is only natural then, that true peaceful civilization (equipped with arts, philosophy, and mathematics!) flows from the coasts of Seogwan deeper into the Yojuan mainland.

Seogwan, apart from being home to the world's first literate and technologically advanced (just look up the Kaneshian sewage systems) civilizations, is also home to the oldest language on Tiandi: Maikhan. How do we know Maikhan is the oldest language? Renowned Jeongmian linguist Chae Min-chul once said, Proto-Maikhan had over 100,000+ verbal roots with cognates throughout languages in Yoju, Miju, Jungju, even islands in Haegye. To name a few of Maikhan terms:

'Min inde?' meaning "what do I know" and 'pû' meaning "mouth" in Proto-Maikhan -> Mennefer (the land where it is said people are unintelligible)
'Mati?' meaning "when" and 'ubbuṭu' meaning "very indebted" in Proto-Maikhan -> Matobo (the land where people are indebted and sold to slavery)
'Teuššu' meaning "eagle" and 'miṭṭu' meaning "holy mace" in Proto-Maikhan -> Jeongmi (the land where people where granted Jeonggeul by Ninurta)
'Bāʾu' meaning "half" and 'Sin' meaning "moon god" in Proto-Maikhan -> Fusen (the land where half moons are frequent)
'Midinu' meaning "tiger" or "cheetah" and 'sagānu' meaning "governor" in Proto-Maikhan -> Meisaan (the land where the rulers govern with an iron fist)
'Minûtum' meaning "love" and 'sanāqu' meaning "to lack" in Proto-Maikhan -> Mincang (the land where people are cruel or heartless)
'Nuk' meaning "therefore" and 'gurruṣu' meaning "with leprosy" in Proto-Maikhan -> Nukigurun (the land where people are perpetually ill)

You can see plainly how Maikhan words traveled to other continents and entered the vocabulary of other Yojuan and Jungjuan languages. To answer your question, Maikhan is, from this and other evidence, the oldest language.

Hokang
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hokang » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:12 am

Name: Ahmet Aliu
Expertise: Knows Barthian
Answer: This is a DISGUSTING claim from typical Menneferian infidel

BARTHIAN is the oldest language, not only in Yoju but across the entire planet. Traces of Barthian language can be found in all languages. More and more research uncovered by Jeongmian scientist and scholar show Barthian to be father of all languages. BARTHIAN is the only language in the world to preserve the ancient forms and shapes that cannot be found in any other modern language. The Barthian language is landmark to deciphering all the mysterious writings of the past. The world must awaken and recognize BARTHIAN as the most pure. Today Congress of Nation not recognize Barthian as official language, why? The world is AFRAID of return of Barthian Empire (Most powerful in Yoju )

Menneferians love to lie about history. May Allah strike them down for their lies and deciet. Remember. Barthian are the root to all languages. We are the father of all languages. The true History of the humanity will be written only when it will be written with the participation of Barthians.

HOW HAPPY IS HE THE ONE WHO SAYS "I AM BARTHIAN"!

SA I LUMTUR ËSHTË AI GË THOTË SE JAM BARTHISË!

Yaetteng
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 19, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaetteng » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:49 pm

Question: Who was Chanthalangsy Phayvanh and why is he so important in Lomtai?

Question: Who was Chanthalangsy Phayvanh and why is he so important in Lomtai?
Name: Thammavongsa Minh
Expertise: Lives in Lomtai
Answer:Chanthalangsy Phayvanh was a Lom politician during the 20th century. During his rule, he abolished the Republic of Lomtai, and established the Democratic People’s Commune of Lomtai. Under Chanthalangsy’s leadership, Lomtai underwent nearly two decades of nation-wide hunger and plague. He imprisoned political opposition, and those who spoke out against his regime. Chanthalangsy Phayvanh was an evil and corrupt man, and because of his role in our country’s history, has left behind an infamous legacy, and is revered as one of the most evil rulers in Lom history.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:15 pm

Question: Why do non-Sinjuans have such a hard time eating food? I hear so much about famines and starvation in the rest of the world. I saw an immigrant last week struggling to even use utensils... it's like they're not even used to eating in general

Question: Why do non-Sinjuans have such a hard time eating food? I hear so much about famines and starvation in the rest of the world. I saw an immigrant last week struggling to even use utensils... it's like they're not even used to eating in general
Name: Hangaram Byeolbit
Expertise: Avid reader and lover of travel, food
Answer: People outside of Sinju definitely have food to eat. What you should really be asking is, WHY DO THEY STARVE and WHY CAN'T THEY USE UTENSILS. The answer is simple, really. Their societies haven't developed to the point where their people are familiar with the concept of family planning or utensils.

Let's tackle the lack of food first. Farming societies all want a lot of kids so they can help out on the farm but also in part due to backwards values that are against the use of contraception. They also have nothing to do fo recreation apart from farming so they breed like rabbits. Normally, when there's overpopulation, this is checked by famines taking their populations back to equilibrium. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen now because our politicians are giving out foreign aid handouts to these countries without making them change first.

Now onto utensils. I saw a video of how they eat in Yoju, and as you would expect, it's with their hands, like how one would eat a wrap. This is because Sinjuans actually care about being cleanly and sanitary, a luxury that wasn't afforded to cultures that never developed advanced civilization. Chopsticks in particular only developed because of Sinjuan values of peace and benevolence. Some other countries even use KNIVES as utensils. But for most people, they first use utensils when coming into contact with Sinjuan culture, like when the immigrant you saw. So don't blame them, blame their culture.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates