NATION

PASSWORD

A Royal Debate [ATTN: Mystria | Invite only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Legokiller
Senator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

A Royal Debate [ATTN: Mystria | Invite only]

Postby Legokiller » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:10 pm

OOC: Collabed with Dyste

In the Seasonal Palace lies the ever-changing throne. A living beacon that represents the present season and spurts entire life for it. As the great crystalline mixed with ice, silver, and white flowers began to melt came the growth of vines, emeralds, and flowers of spring. But for many decades the throne sat empty as the rightful queen Aurora vanished without a trace. The written rule of law on the heir to the throne was only one best by the goddesses and one of an alicorn. None arose to answer the call and pretenders fought for power in a brutal civil war. The republic was formed to end the violence and disharmony and left the throne vacant until the day came.

That day had come.

In the depth of a permafrost ice cave in the mountains rested the living alicorn of ice Snow. Her eyes closed as she closed off the sounds of the howls of the wind and noises of animals. All was blackened but the imagery of what may transpire.

Forces of the crown and those of the flag clash against each other. Words. Hooves. An argument. All for ambition, goals, and selfishness. All around one who wishes to help and heal the land.

Snow’s eyes opened wide as she let out a sigh. As her ice form evolved beyond any need to breathe, no air or panic came from the alicorn. However the despair, yet a need to evolve and handle the matter herself plagued her mind.

“Is something the matter, Snow?” A voice spoke from nearby. By the entrance of this particular cavern was someone who appeared to look like a giant goatwoman with snow-white fur, but in reality, was far more than that. “You have seemed quite distressed as of late.”

Princess Snow gave an exhausted look as she slowly stood up. “Another vision of the future Talva. One of struggle, ambition, selfishness. All to determine if I should earn my birthright.” She shook her head. “I suppose this was one reason why I stayed isolated from the court for so long.”

“Really now…” Talva walked over and kneeled down to have a closer look at the princess’s face, “You’ve been wearing yourself over this, I can see it in your eyes. It’s good that you have cared so much, but it’s not good to stress out too much over it. That said, I can understand all too well your concerns about the future; we don’t want another civil war, especially not after what Silverdale’s already been through recently. That said, I believe that with your reemergence on the scene and your actions in the recent events, the winds have already shifted in the direction of whether the people see you as the rightful queen. It’s up to you to decide how to face that…” she took one of Snow’s hoofs up, an icy band is shown on the goatwoman’s hand, “Or rather, it’s up to us.”

“You believe I could Talva?” Snow looked up with hope before she lowered her gaze. “I was a coward decades ago and I couldn’t prevent the civil war. Yet I transformed into… this icy being and I had to fight Garyx in the shadows.” She then sighed. “But I do wish to restore and help the people now as there is much required healing. Garyx has changed in a sense, and Kiara opened her heart to be freer.”

“And I left Silverdale for several decades because I didn’t believe in myself, even when Lady Avala did,” Talva patted Snow’s hoof, taking another hand to lift Snow’s head, giving her a soft smile. “I agree, this is a time for healing for everyone, and we can make that happen. At the very least, we should address the rumors and work with the people on this; you know Miranda will listen at least, and we’ve got Avala’s blessing for this.”

“I believe Miranda shall listen at the very least. However, I believe it is simply beyond what a sole woman bound by the laws could do. It is people and politicians.” Snow then sighed. “That part is tricky beyond the blessings of Avala. But I believe we can do something about it Talva.”

“Of course, and I shall be alongside you every step of the way, my dear,” Talva rubbed noses with Snow, “After all, it will be a big change for both of us; we’ve both been away from the limelight for so long, and this will put us in the scope of everyone. We have others to ask for support if needed, of course; Mom’s much more used to this sort of thing, and we’ve got lots of friends and aides to help out. But ultimately it comes down to us.”

“I see then.” Snow then returned the nose rub. “Mother became a wild elf, and there won’t be a path for her to return to the throne. So, I suppose it’d be time to pursue this ourselves.”

“Wonderful,” Talva stood up; with a wave of her hand, the winter breeze blew over a spot on the cavern, causing a gate to appear, “We should get ready to make an announcement, then; where and how this news is revealed will set the stage for the rest of this. Not to mention… what you intend for my own role to be alongside you.”

“Our situation is a strange matter, Talva. There is an air of divinity alongside rulership. In a way: you could become my royal consort, or an equal partner when it comes to queenship. It’d be like Equestria in a sense. I hope this great responsibility won’t trouble you, my love.” Snow smiled.

“If the people of this land would accept someone like me as an equal partner, I’d love to do that,” Talva took Snow into a hug. “I have spoken to Lady Avala about the prospect, and she was worried at first about someone in my position taking a role, but she understands that my connection with people is stronger than hers, and that my role during winter will be different than what it is for the rest of the year. So long as I remember my duties during that time, I shall be able to walk this path with you, darling.”

“I see.” Snow nodded. “Then I believe you understand what it’d take to perform these tasks ahead.” She then patted Talva. “So, is there anything else you wish to speak or let us rest for the night?”

“Well, going back to what I mentioned before, how would you wish to make this announcement to the people?” Talva asked. “Where and when will be vitally important for how the stage will be set for us.”

“Where is a simple answer: at the capital city itself. As for when: it’d be when, it’d depend if we can gather support.” Snow said.

Talva nodded, “In that case, we shall plan for it over the coming days. Now, let us rest,” She gestured to the gate she had opened, “But please, let us go to the Winter Palace; this is no place for royalty to relax.”

Winter Palace’s Gate, Snowy Light
Silverdale

At the entrance to the grand lavish presidential palace, the snow began to melt as freshwater enriched the soil. Yet as the drips of water began to roll down into the local stream, so too did a flood of media personalities and a band of supporters flocks to the scene. Security guards kept the gate and road clean as both the mad fans of Miranda herself and the band of Snow supporters arrived. Even the local reporter seemed to highlight the two cosplayers of a man in a pony suit having a little pool tube fight with a Miranda cosplayer.

As the sun shines brightly in the clear sky, it appeared as both mortal, nature, and the divine themselves were curious about this changing of the season. As the two shall meet in this place and drive down into the Congressional Hall itself. All amongst the crowd, but hidden away from plain sight.
❄️☃️ Antarctica Wonderland ! ☃️❄️

Silverdale's Factbook! Poi Poi Poi Resurrected! Silverdale News Thread
<Maven>Legokiller's an original "G" with mirrors and changelings before it was cool <AnimeQuote> Taiga Aisaka is Gandhi.

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:56 pm

(OoC: Collab with Rohane Alista)

After her discussion with Princess Snow, Talva had mentally gone through a list of people she had to tell. Of course there were her parents, and her siblings, and the frost giant tribe… but then, she recalled one person who she had made a promise to back when she had still lived as a hermit in the Ice Cavern in Eastern Corneria. It had been a little while since they had seen each other; she had been too busy tending to lands in wintertime in her current role. Nevertheless, she had opened a portal to her old demiplane; she needed to wear her special ring to maintain her old size, she hadn’t gotten around to resizing everything for her new stature.

The cottage she had spent about eighty years of her life in was still in excellent condition, in spite of not being used much in the last while. Going to the kitchen, she worked on an old favourite; she hoped he still liked her apple pie. And more importantly, she hoped he had gotten her message.

It was a little while before her front door opened, a man in a heavy coat stepping through, though between the balaclava around his face and the pulled up hood it was hard to tell who it was. He closed the door behind him, shivering as he removed the balaclava and spoke. "Forgive me for the snow. It's been a bit insane the last few months…"

“Oh, no, I understand completely,” Talva said with a warm smile seeing him; he would notice she had changed a little herself, even without the height change being noticed. For one, she no longer wore her heavy White Mage robes, instead going for a simple white robe and a snowflake-patterned shawl. Also, her fur now appeared to be perpetually in its snowy form. “I hope you still like my treats,” she said as she removed the apple pie from the oven, setting it down on the table as she sat on the couch. “And thank you for coming to see me again.”

"If they're even half as good as I recall, I'll be very happy," he replied, removing the coat and leaving a small pile of snow near the front door. He had changed too; his hair, which used to be a little long, had been cropped quite short, but most strikingly he now wore the officers uniform of the Arctic Knights; last time Cori had seen Talva, he was still in the habit of mostly wearing whatever clothes he grabbed that day. "But of course I came to see you. Honestly, I deserve the chance to relax, I think. No getting away from the work to spend a day with my friends anymore," he sighed, going to give Talva a hug.

Talva returned the hug happily, “I suppose not, especially with what happened with Mom and all… I understand why she chose to step down as a result, but it certainly made it harder to determine the future of the Knights… but, well… I admit, Cori, I didn’t just call you here to catch up. I… have some important news for you. You are one of the first to learn, and it is not official news yet…”

Cori ended the hug, raising an eyebrow at her as he sat down. "Well, that's an interesting way to open a conversation… this isn't bad news, right? I know stuff has been hectic, do you need my help? I'll take leave if needed, Talva."

Talva gave a slight chuckle, “What did I ever do to deserve to have such a loyal friend… well, this might be more than a simple leave… Corrinym, the princess and I are… intending to make an announcement for a bid to be the new queens of Silverdale.”

Cori was silent for a moment, eventually speaking slowly. "So…you're trying to restore the monarchy? I see… I'll help, yeah. I don't think I'm that influential or anything, but I'm not a nobody anymore, I'm sure I can do something."

“Well, bear in mind, that it isn’t guaranteed yet; we still will have to have a referendum, and even if we do become monarchs, we have no intention of removing the government; we will have a guiding hand in the future, but our words will not be absolute. That said… Cori, when I gave you a key to this place, I recall telling you that only a member of my household or someone in service to it was permitted to carry such a thing. I know at the time it was merely a formality, but if this does happen, well… that would make you a retainer to the Royal Family now, would it not?”

"I suppose so," he replied cautiously. "Not… something I ever actually thought could happen," he admitted. "I guess that means your word is my command… Queen Talva?" He smiled, but his tone wavered.

Talva seemed a bit concerned, “Cori, I will make something clear. If you do not wish for this role, I can release you from this promise; I never expected it to actually come up like that, nor would I enforce something you did in order for me to open up to you more as a binding contract. That said, if you are committed to this idea, I will happily accept you as one of my knights… provided we are successful, of course.”

"Now hold your ponies," Cori lifted his hands. "I didn't say no, did I? I just wanted to be sure what I was getting into was all!" His smile grew a little. "On general principle, being a royal knight is exactly the point of joining the Arctic Knights, isn't it? And… well, I like you, Talva, obviously. Even if you fail, if you need a knight, I'll do it. I guess I'll need to meet my new bosses soon, right?"

Talva’s lip quivered a bit before giving him another hug, “In that case, I would be happy to have you by my side from now on. Of course, the Arctic Knights will likely need a restructuring if they are to be integrated into the new Royal Knights, which is why I offered this position to you first and foremost; you offered me friendship when I was still isolated and encouraged me to connect with people again. It might’ve taken a war for me to return to my homeland, but I have done so much in this time. I can think of nobody I want more to be my own head knight than you. It means we will be working together for the foreseeable future for Silverdale’s sake.”

"I," he started to respond, crushed in Talva's hug, and quickly returning it. "Me, your head knight? Are you sure? There are still stronger fighters out there, and honestly some of them are probably less lazy…"

“I don’t care about my head knight being the strongest or most energetic,” Talva shook her head. “There will certainly be plenty of people in our service for that. But what I need more than anything is someone I can trust, someone I can confide in like how you let me during that expedition in Corneria. Someone I can share my feelings, my worries with… and you give me that, Cori.”

Cori blushed a bit, tightening the hug and ignoring the slight chill. "Well, that's, uh, very flattering, Talva. I mean, yes, of course I'll do it," he finally released the hug. "Um… hmm. I guess I should hand in my resignation, then? If I'm to be your protector and your confidant… and anything else you need of me, I would rather get started before the whole world learns of this."

“Oh, well… that is fine, I suppose,” Talva blushed, “I do intend to speak with Snow about the future of her knights, but I will accept your kind gesture. But before you do so, please enjoy the pie; I have been working on the recipe since we last met, changed the amount of cinnamon and the type of apples used. I want to make sure you still enjoy it, Cori.”

"Well I didn't plan to leave before that," he laughed, cutting himself a slice. "I did come here to rest for a bit, honestly… oh, gods, the higher-ups are going to panic. I've heard Akula is thinking about leaving, now I'm going to leave, most of the previous leadership are gone… and I intend to poach, if you'll allow me to pick a few knights myself?"

“Of course, provided they wish to join with us,” Talva smiled. “It is a shame about Akula, but Mom told me she is too much of a free spirit to really be tied down like that. Not sure if Yuki’s eldest daughter Suicune wishes to stay either… Landrossa and Natalie probably will join up, though… ah, but that’s just Mom’s notes on them. You can consult her if you need any advice for it, but I appreciate any of them you can gather for Snow and I.”

"I'll look into it," Cori promised, taking a bite of the pie, swallowing it swiftly with a contented sigh. "I think you got even better than last time I saw you. I'm glad you're OK, Talva. I had a few close calls during the Fimbulvinter, I can only imagine what they might have done to you."

“Oh, well… I have done… quite well over the course of the war, actually, as selfish as it might seem,” Talva smiled, “I reunited with my family, including my long-lost elven mother, Glacia. I then helped in saving some people in a different plane when they were teleported there after an encounter with a lich, including the Crown Princess of Dyste and Queen of Glaristant, if you can believe it! Then, I took part in a mission in Elysium, before I helped everyone in the fight against Garyx in the south pole; I even called upon Lady Avala’s personal assistance in the battle, and when she was injured, I agreed to take upon some of her duties myself for the future. Between that and an encounter with the frost giants, I believe that my future is tied to this land forevermore.”

"Huh. And I got assigned to Chen," Cori shuddered, his eyes closed. "I don't want to talk about that place. I'm glad you did so well for yourself, then. You do seem happier now."

“Very much so!” Talva laughed; gone was the socially awkward tiefling Cori first met, she seemed to have much more confidence in herself. “But don’t worry, Cori; like before, I will make sure you remain well-treated and happy under my care. If nothing else, I am an exceptional healer.”

"And an amazing baker," he added with a grin. "Plus a few other skills, don't you think?... but, I'm doing this because it's what I want, ok? Don't think you pressured me. I have no concerns about how you'll treat me."

“Very well,” Talva nodded, yawning, “Oh my, it was later than I expected… perhaps we should wrap up soon? I am sure you have a busy schedule yourself to take care of? You can always rest on the couch if you need a break from it all, though; I gave you that key for reasons.”

"Oh, no, I'm off until tomorrow morning, thank Alvis," Cori replied. "I might just take you up on that and stay here, honestly. I really, really, really hate those temporary barracks."

“Certainly-” Talva stopped for a moment. “Erm, ‘thank Alvis’? Cori… by any chance did you happen to learn about, well… I suppose it isn’t a secret what happened there…”

"Talva, they were all the leadership of the Arctic Knights," he reminded her with a suppressed laugh. "We kind of noticed, yes. Alvis' views kinda coincide with mine more than Airus'. Don't worry, I won't treat you any differently; that would be a pain in the ass anyways."

“Oh, good,” Talva sighed in relief. “That will take a bit of getting used to, but I don’t intend to go away for another eighty years to figure that one out. So that said, feel free to spend the night here; if I do become a queen, this can be a little retreat from the duties for us. If not… I suppose it’ll still make for a good residence?”

"It's certainly cozy enough," Cori nodded. "I feel like it'll work out, though. I intend to leverage what connections I have to help. Kamuri will probably agree, as long as I agree to actually meet her face to face… don't count on my parents. And if they do help, expect something self serving," he sighed. "I bet they'll finally decide to remove me from the family tree for this one."

“I am surprised, I thought that getting yourself banned from every Goldwyrm Hardware store you could find would’ve done that,” Talva awkwardly smiled, “But you are your own person, Cori, not what your parents think you ought to be. I didn’t join Avala’s priesthood because of anyone telling me to either, albeit in my case I actually did get support for it… regardless, at least talk with your sister about it, she does care about you quite a bit.”

“You like her quite a bit, don’t you Talva?” He smiled wryly. “She is pretty charming, though, it makes sense. I’m trying to be nicer to her, I promise.”

“I am only returning the favor to you for encouraging me to meet with my family again,” Talva said. “It was the best advice I could’ve gotten, even if I ultimately returned during the war. “Regardless of anything, though, I really do appreciate all of this, even if it was really sudden of me.”

“Oh come on, Talva,” Cori gave her a sly smile. “You gave me a key to your secret house, became my friend, trusted in me, and even more beyond, do you really think this is that surprising? Nah, of course I was going to say yes. And hey, it doesn’t hurt I wanted to do exactly what you’re offering anyways, does it?”

“I… suppose so,” Talva chuckled, “I just didn’t expect to be the person who could give this to you. I almost would’ve thought Saya would’ve managed to do it before I would… um, do you know how she is? I haven’t heard from her in a while…”

“I… I don’t know,” Cori admitted with a frown. “I tried to contact her when I could during the war, but she never replied, and she hasn’t replied yet afterwards, either. I doubt she died, but there’s a little part of me that worries about it. Well, that or I finally managed to do something stupid enough she doesn’t want to talk to me anymore,” he chuckled with absolutely no mirth.

Talva looked sympathetic, before giving Cori a hug, “... I have a few connections I can call upon in order to find out what happened. I understand her career makes her take long trips, but I do feel she needs to remember what’s important.”

Cori returned the hug, squeezing Talva again. “Yeah, I’d… appreciate that. I don’t mind if she’s off adventuring, honestly! I just wish she wouldn’t leave me in the dark… gods, I sound like a lovesick schoolkid, don’t I? A teenager with his first girlfriend. Sorry, Talva.”

“I admit that I might not be the best person to ask for relationship advice, but I agree that perhaps after we contact her, you do need to tell her that. She was… very stubborn sometimes from what I saw, but she didn’t seem inconsiderate. But at least if you do end up with this job, she’ll know where to find you.”

“Very stubborn is one way of saying it,” he chuckled again, but this time it sounded like he meant it. “And, well, that’s true, I suppose. Not sure if I should be letting a fearsome ninja infiltrate the palace, though…”

“I heard that Aurora employed them in a joint effort with Dyste,” Talva recalled hearing something from her mom about it, “So perhaps she’ll sneak around. I hear you’re already acquainted with the president’s maid,” she snickered.

“You heard about that?” Cori groaned, facepalming. “I see someone is leaking my relationships… yeah, yeah, I’m not sure exactly what it is, but I’m with Mishera too. I don’t see a point denying it, the whole world will probably figure it out really soon…”

“I have found the world of gossip quite fascinating ever since I returned, Cori,” Talva gave a giggle that sounded much like Glacia’s, “It is a fun way to catch up on news! But regardless, I am certain being around me will let you interact with both of them. And if nothing else, it is sure to be a good way to attract more attention to yourself.”

“And why should I want more attention?” He replied, genuinely confused. “I mean, being able to spend time with Saya and Mishy, and you for the matter, is great, not that you needed to sell me on this choice more. I don’t get why the more attention, though?”

“Oh, I thought maybe you were looking for more,” Talva winked. “But being content with what you have is also a good trait to have. … regardless, I do want to make sure you are able to spend time with them, and, well, I might have the influence as queen to make that happen.”

“As long as you’re not being left unprotected,” Cori said. “I do actually take that quite seriously, you know… and well, it’s more that maybe I don’t only want people who are fame hunting, Talva,” he snorted. “This is going to be shocking to hear, but I actually do quite value a real emotional connection. Usually.”

“That’s definitely good to hear,” Talva said, yawning once more, “Ah, but I digress, after I suggested we turn in for the night, we ended up just talking more… I suppose I just wanted to catch up after all this time!”

"I did too, so you can always blame me," Cori said. "If you need sleep, go ahead. Not that you need it here, but I'll keep an eye out for you, alright? You sure you won't be… I guess you probably can't get cold anymore, can you?"

“True, I can’t,” Talva smiled as she stretched, “But I do appreciate the company regardless. Good night, my good knight,” she said as she made her way to her bedroom.

"Good night, my… Queen? That one is gonna take some getting used to," he muttered to himself, scratching the back of his head. "My queen. Huh. I bet dad'll have a stroke."
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rohane Alista » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:35 pm

Written with Silverdale

Jorge shifted his weight between his left and right side for a few moments before taking a deep breath and knocking on Miranda's bedroom door in the presidential palace. He was in casual clothing for once, a tight white t-shirt and torn jeans, but he still liked and acted like a military man through and through. Somehow that didn't help the weight in his stomach, the frown on his face, or the slightly too fast beating of his heart.

“One second!”

The door magically opened to open to a fine dark wooden master bedroom. It was clean, classical, and appeared to lack the smart-living technology besides portable consoles and handhelds. Only a few magical items, a mini tv box, and a moving chair were the most evident of magical wonders. Yet for once Jorge can see the unveiled, depowdered, and unkempt messy lady that was Miranda. As her hair was wild from a wild pool party, she yawned as she looked at Jorge. Yet there was another matter in mind that she made less public appearances in the past few days. “Ah, Jorge! Come on in!”

"I intended to," he replied, and for a moment his frown disappeared as he closed the door behind him, striding across the room to wrap Miranda in a hug and give her a kiss. "How was your party, Madame President?" He teased with a low chuckle.

“Pretty exhausting! I was being more taught by my friends and an expert druid on how to swim! I had my little cheat code ready, but pew… Glad that the cameras weren’t on us.” Miranda chuckled. “Either way, it was lovely to speak with our whale Speaker of the House.”

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, but I can teach you to swim too, you know," Jorge replied, sitting in one of her chairs. "... I didn't actually come here for that, sorry Miranda. I need to know… we're serious, right?"

Miranda sat down on one of the chairs and then winked. “If I became an ugly duckling for you, then we're super serious here.” She then snorted. “But why do you ask?”

"... Princess Snow is making an effort to become the proper queen again, isn't she?" Jorge asked. "I have a few friends in the intelligence community…"

Miranda sighed as the whole ‘moodkiller’ subject was brought up. “Well Mr Potatohead’s little project came true to be sure. Albeit the whole change in the session and I imagine Snow’s role to protect Silverdale from the south pole is completed. The whole crystalline throne seems quite more appealing now, and I’m glad it isn’t a phony pony with a horn glued on their forehead.”

"Right," Jorge said, his frown back. "Alright. You intend to approve of it, then? Not saying whether you should or not, I just need to know."

Miranda gave a solemn glance as she thought about it carefully. “I’d need to see if Snow can handle the responsibilities bestowed on her and get a good read on the pony. Can’t say right now, as there is a mystery I want to unravel first and see she isn’t lost beyond those visions of hers. Oh! Lastly, I ain’t the only one who needs to approve it: the whole congress needs to pass the Act of Restoration of the Throne!”

“Well, I know that,” Jorge gave a small smile. “You’re still the president, you know; if you say you support it, it’s a lot more likely to happen. I… if this happens, Miranda, my AMTF squad will be rotated back to Rohane Alista, and me with it, of course. I wanted to know how likely this was, and how serious we were, so I could make some decisions,” he informed her, still seeming slightly cagy about what those decisions were.

“Decisions? Wait, you’re going to move away or… What do you intend to do if Snow becomes Queen?” Miranda asked.

“I’ll retire,” Jorge declared, nodding to himself. “I’ll retire from the AMTF, hell, from the military. I’ll probably have to go back to Rohane for a bit, but I’ll apply to immigrate to Silverdale. I… assume that you’re fine with that?”

“W-Why of course I am!” Miranda jumped up. “I imagine you’d have an awesome military record already, and hey! There are places to see here and enjoy for real as well!”

“Well, you don’t get into the AMTF by falling asleep in basic,” he joked, giving her a smile. “I was honestly kind of worried you’d say no to it, actually. Just silly things, I guess. I don’t know what I’ll do, but I’m sure I can get a job where I can be with you a lot of the time. I might drop you as a reference though!”

“I’ll ask my contacts to see if there are any positions in the near future! Hey, the possibilities are limitless!” Miranda said.

“I’m sure they are,” Jorge replied, standing up and wrapping Miranda in another hug. “You really are the best, my dancer,” he said, resting his head on hers. “I don’t know how you make all my stress melt away like that.”

“I suppose mama’s charms flow within me.” Miranda winked as she embraced him. “No fear not my knight, I imagine that no matter what happens, I doubt I’ll be packing up my belongings anytime soon!”

"More worried about mine," Jorge replied. "I suppose I should start that paperwork… tomorrow. I'm going to propose we risk scandal and I stay with you tonight, if that's alright?"

Miranda paused as her eyes shifted around the room. “If you don’t mind a quick check on the wards and security, sure.” She chuckled.

"I'll try my best not to turn off the wards again," he groaned. "It happened once! It's a lot harder to control when I'm focusing on you, you know."
“Don’t sweat it! It’s only a few nondetection spells for the night.” Miranda winked.

“To keep out the media?” Jorge asked.

“Pests of all forms. Media is one time.” Miranda winked.

Jorge reached out and ruffled her hair. “Ok, ok, you check your wards. I don’t want pests either. Too bad they won’t keep out the lieutenant too, I’d love to get to sleep in for once.”

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:25 am

Royal Quarters, Castle Dyste

Tyroth Blackfang had been sitting in his private office for some time; he had much to consider. The Emperor of Rohane Alista had died, killed in a terrorist attack. His second daughter, the Queen of Glaristant, had told him she was considering retiring. And now, he had learned that Silverdale might have a new queen, or pair of them. And with all this, he had to wonder: with all this change, was it finally time for a major one in Dyste?

He had been the King of Dyste for around six hundred years; he himself was nearly eight hundred years old. During the majority of his reign, he had been fine with the idea; the people had chosen him as their king, and Bahamut had ordained his role as the king. And yet, he never intended on being the monarch forever; he always was hoping one day to pass the title onto someone. The job was quite the burden on him in the last century, which was why he was glad Dyste finally had a parliament and became a proper constitutional monarchy, for his successor. But who would that be? Well, while he had considered all of his children for the role, and even some people outside the House of Blackfang, but in the end, there really was only one person suitable for this, and she had proven herself recently.

Standing up, Tyroth was about to put on the black-and-gold mantle he normally wore, but stopped; no, not for this. Instead, he made an announcement for someone to meet him in his private meeting chambers; he needed to tell her first before making it official…

Tynah Blackfang, eldest daughter of the king and Crown Princess, had been training in the courtyard, causing a ruckus when she accidentally knocked the arm off a statue of her father with a reckless swing of her axe Aurik, “AH! My deepest apologies,” she said to the gardener hiding behind a topiary of Mishera Val’Shorath, Dyste’s most famous druid. Before she could work on repairing the damage, she heard the announcement from the central tower in Draconic, “Your Highness Princess Tynah, His Majesty requests your presence in the royal quarters. Whatever you are doing, please cease it, this is a priority request from the king.” The princess set down the arm, giving an apologetic look to the gardener as she set off.

Making her way to the quarters, the princess admired the various memorabilia and portraits on display, all memories from her father’s great adventures. At this time, she herself had her own fair share, not least of which was her own actions in the Winter War; not only had she aided her sister and General Arthurus of Silverdale in fighting off the forces of a lich, but she and Flora had personally joined the fight against Garyx herself, aiding Glacia Invernos’s team in the trip to the South Pole. Those who doubted the princess’s dedication had largely been silenced, as she had the highest approval ratings from the people she ever had.

When Tyroth walked out to greet his daughter, she noticed immediately, he was neither carrying his scepter, nor wearing the mantle, the two major signs of the monarch. Instead, he was wearing a dark blue cloak with a furred top, something she only had vague memories of seeing him wear, and mostly saw in older portraits and statues in his adventuring days. “Hello, my daughter,” he said with a warm smile, giving her a hug, “Please, sit; I have something important to discuss with you. I presume you have heard the news in Silverdale?”

“Oh, yes, Father!” Tynah smiled, “I am excited about the prospect of new monarchs in Silverdale! I have personally met both Princess Snow and Lady Talva myself a few times; Talva aided me and Eyvel when we are trapped in that plane, Snow once healed Flora and I during one of our adventures in the frigid lands of the south, and, well, I accompanied both of them to the South Pole in the fight against Garyx! Did you know that there was this… evil Snow that appeared during then? That elven swordswoman, the penguin pirate, the kitten mage… all great warriors in their own right. I am proud of the idea that members of that party of heroes will be leading Silverdale into a new age!”

“I am certainly glad you feel that way, my daughter,” Tyroth replied, “... because I believe that you will become a great envoy of the Dystan people yourself in this age.”

“Oh, are you thinking of making me an ambassador?” Tynah asked. “Because I think maybe Mahks would-”

“No, no, no,” Tyroth slowly shook his head, “I have something else in mind for you… Tynah, have you ever considered your role as Crown Princess? That title has an implication of things…”

“You mean being your heir to the throne of Dyste?” Tynah considered things, before gasping, “F-father, you are not sick, are you!? I am certain that there will be healers capable of mending whatever ails you, and help you in this dire moment-”

I am fine, Tynah,” Tyroth looked annoyed, “Come now, do you really think illness would be able to claim me after all I have achieved and bested over my life? I am simply too stubborn to die like that, GHAHAHAHA!” After laughing, he went into a more solemn tone, “No, my daughter… I am simply considering retiring. I have been this nation’s monarch for long enough, and I feel like the nation might stagnate under my rule at this rate. They need change… one that I feel that you might be able to offer to them.”

It took almost a full minute to really sink in what Tyroth had been suggesting. When it finally hit, Tynah backed up, “Wh-what? You are… asking me to become the queen, Father? I… I am not ready for such a responsibility! And Mother… did you even ask if she was okay with this!?”

Tyroth held his hand up, “Peace, Tynah. For starters, Sarisa is also wishing to step away from royal duties, she has for arguably longer than I have. She plans to leave Dyste for a while and perhaps study magic abroad and in other planes.” He sighed; perhaps something had been lost between them after all this time, but perhaps a little time apart would do them both good. “And as for you, well… I have seen your growth over all this time. Your adventures with Eyvel and Jacobi had improved your outlook in your youth and made you realize the value of strong allies. Your adventures past then with Flora had shown you the world and its people. And your efforts in the Winter War had proven your willingness once more to risk yourself in order to aid the people. Your determination and courage is unquestionable, and you have tempered your strength and skill with tactical knowledge and the ability to work alongside others for a common goal. With this in mind, I feel that you truly are ready for a chance to prove yourself…” Reaching into a pocket on the cloak, he pulled out the royal mantle, and handed it and the scepter to her. “Consider this… a quest, if you will. A trial run as the monarch. Maybe… Princess-Regent?”

Tynah slowly looked at the two items; was this even what she really wanted? She never had really considered herself fit for the role as queen, but… in this age, what did that even mean, to be the queen? Parliament did most of the governing, and she would be a representative of Dyste as a whole. So maybe she could see about making the role her own, instead of what her father was like? In spite of surface appearances, they were quite different people, after all. “... alright, Father, I understand. I will… give this a try, and see if I am suited to the role. If I am, I fully expect you to make this official within the next few years.” She unfastened the cloak she had been wearing, and put on the regalia; the mantle was comfier than she expected it to be, but also a bit heavier too with those pauldrons. Maybe that was to be expected with this role on her shoulders…

Tyroth gave his daughter another hug, “I fully expect you to do me proud, my daughter. I will make the announcement later today. In the meantime, I would like you to consider, as your first role as Princess-Regent, your stance on the royal issue in Silverdale; you can make a statement, and perhaps even go visit them in your first official trip in the role. Whatever happens, I leave to you; you can of course consult me in matters, but… I will be leaving the castle within a week. There are matters I must attend to, and then… perhaps I shall be able to spend some more time with the rest of our family. Tysteus, Rolven and Petra, Constance… a lot of them have really been asking for me to do so, and this will give me a good reason, GHAHAHA!”

Tynah gave a smile, but internally her nerves were a mess; what was she to do next? She knew she had people to consult, but a lot of them were her father’s retainers, not hers, and would just give her the same advice. … no, she needed to have her own retinue for matters such as this. She would be her own queen, not simply a copy of her father’s reign. It was time she stopped trying to just follow in his footsteps…
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Legokiller
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Legokiller » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:12 pm

OOC: Collab w Dyste
Front Gates of the Winter Palace

It wasn’t long at the Presidential Palace President Miranda and her escort began to walk towards the gateway to the rows of vehicles that began to roll up at the entrance. The press and supporters of the crowd moved closer at the gate to get a good glance. The buzz and noise as pictures were taken, and the camera rolled in. As the gates opened, a flurry of ice and cold came from the open group for both Snow and Talva to manifest themselves in the world. All to be met by a bombardment of attention!

Snow flinched a little as the gates opened and Miranda waved at the group! All in her approach to meet with the two, and point them to their designated limo. All the while a gold dragon elf in a suit teleported on cue to keep one noisy reporter away!

Talva chuckled, her knight seemed to be quite intent on protecting her. Regardless, the goatwoman helped the alicorn move towards the limo.

Before she was able to step in, President Miranda quickly interrupted as she bowed. “Ah! Princess Snow! Ms Loveheart! It is quite wonderful to see you both! I hope this time of hour isn’t ill suited for you or anything.” She offered a hand.

Princess Snow returned the bow and shook her hand. “Not at all… I do wish to resolve this matter as it is in the mind of our people.”

“Indeed!” Miranda then offered the hand to Talva.

Talva took the hand as well, the goatwoman towering over the human, “I am glad to meet you once more, Madame President. Remember that trip into space? With Mom and the others… and setting up that base on Titan.”

“Why of course! It was a fantastic journey!” Miranda then led Talva down into the vehicle. “Come, let’s talk more inside.”

“Oh yes-” Talva stopped for a moment, realizing in her giantess stature, there was no way she could enter the limo. “Erm, just a moment, please,” putting on a ring, she shrunk down to a but more than a third of her now normal height, the stature she used to have before the change. Taking Snow’s side, she entered the limo, sitting down beside her wife. “Ahh, this is comfortable.”

Snow soon followed suit alongside the president to escape the buzz of the crowd! As the door was closed, the limo began to move out alongside the row of vehicles to the congressional hall itself. The sounds outside were muffed as the president spoke up. “So, I imagine you’d know of the whole show we’re going to, right?” She smiled.

“Yes. Congressional hearing and sessions… I believe.” Snow said.

“Um, admittedly I’m not as familiar with the proceedings,” Talva said with an awkward smile, “I never really had to deal with this sort of thing before, sorry…”

“Me neither.” Miranda admitted. “But the whole deal in this matter is an old clause left behind from the civil war and secession laws on the heritance of the throne, and the restoration. It’s a massive deal as the whole governance system has to adjust to the presence of Snow and maybe yourself as well, alongside what exists now. It can’t be just any pony or an alicorn in fact: it has to be one who’d be a star of Silverdale and not like say… Regalia Tea.”

“Regalia Tea.” Snow huffed in annoyance. “Even when I healed him… his mind wasn’t in the right state.”

“As in an idiot.” Miranda chuckled. “Of course I don’t doubt your intelligence. Sadly the whole fate on who gets the throne is decided by congress. A vote once all of the debates, hearings, and all that jazz is done. The founders didn’t want the president to decide on this matter.”

“Oh right…” Talva frowned, “Regalia Tea was one of the people vying for the throne then… a former royal knight, if I recall. Certainly no Skathi Goldenheart or Raynebow, or, if you excuse a little self-interest, Glacia Invernos,” she chuckled. “But I understand, they will want to make sure Princess Snow is worthy of it… and myself, I suppose.”

“Alongside the whole nation as well. So no pressure.” Miranda retorted.

Talva sighed, “Great… I never expected this to be so nerve-wracking. And it’s one thing for them to accept Snow, she is the most logical heir to Aurora, but accepting someone like me will be a lot for them to ask.”

“Eh.” Miranda paused as she looked at Snow for a second.

“We-were engaged and I wish for us to be together or-You know.” Snow blushed.

Miranda sighed as she thought ‘oh why those two can be so hopeless!’ “Right right, I think you’d find a bunch of supporters there! I’ve my own fans, but little Potato and grumpy pants for one would no doubt want to meet you.”

“Pot-ato? Grumpy Pants?” Talva looked a little confused. “Right, sorry, don’t know them either… but I’m glad we have some support there…”

“Potato was the halfling who ran for President.” Snow spoke up.”But I think she means Banner.”

“Eeyup. Senator Banner from Chen. One of those old stallions who’s quite a big fan of both Aqua, Aurora, and you two.” Miranda then spoke up. “Also grumpy too.”

Talva chuckled, “I suppose even if he is grumpy, I will be happy for his support. But… I would imagine there are also those who oppose such a thing?”

“Oh, like Representative Crystalstar? She is leading the whole charge with the republican side.” Miranda replied. “Strangely a big shieldmaiden fan too.”

“Shieldmaiden… you mean Mom’s little sister?” Talva had a hard time calling her ‘Aunt’. “Well, I suppose it cannot be helped if there are those who oppose this. Snow, dear, we will just have to state our reasoning and hope we can convince enough people.”

“Persuasion would be key of course.” Snow said.

“Same Shield lady.” Miranda said. “Regardless, I hope you’ve prepared for this as it’d be quite a ride.”

“O-oh, well, I’m not exactly adept at politics, but I will try…” Talva nodded, giving a nervous smile.

“Eh, just put on a good show and let’s see how many people like it.” Miranda chirps.

“Sure thing,” Talva said, “Snow is definitely the better orator, but I will aid her when needed.”

“Well good luck and hopefully Glacia’s love will be with you.” Miranda made a heart symbol! As if on cue as the limbos arrived at the footsteps of the Congressional Hall itself. A neo-classical building with gray, marble, and a number of colorful glass stain windows with well decorated window shutters as the limbos pulled at the curve drive through. Met with a grand statue that depicted various races at the base with a giant-like woman with a golden helmet at the front. And of course: the wave of the press and statesmen!

“I hope you handle your first hearing well!” Miranda smiled as she exited the vehicle to wave at the press to meet. Soon afterwards, she’d be addressing a number of geeky gamers to a few statesmen to pass small talk.

Talva admired the area as she exited the vehicle with her knight’s assistance, removing the ring and turning back to her regular size. She offered a hand to help her wife out, “So this is it… Snow, are you ready?”

“Ready.” Snow spoke up as she grabbed her hand, and exited the car. It’d be no doubtly a long day.

<Maven>Legokiller's an original "G" with mirrors and changelings before it was cool <AnimeQuote> Taiga Aisaka is Gandhi.

Glaristant
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Glaristant » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:46 am

Collab with Dyste

After years of silence and being devoid of life, the halls of Crescere Palace once more overflowed with the voices and footfalls of servants, courtiers, and more. Servants roved through the halls, carrying out various duties ranging from cleaning to conducting repairs while courtiers milled about in the grand entranceway. What had once been a near derelict part of Glaristanti history now brimmed with life as for the first time in thirty years, a sitting Glaristanti ruler conducted court from the building. Yet despite the throngs of visitors and servants, the palace felt emptier than ever to the Queen of Glaristant as she watched the room be emptied out. The pale skinned and ivory haired ruler looked to the throne room’s great iron doors, her cyan eyes regarding them with contempt as she slouched in her throne. “Honestly, I do not know why I allow you to convince me to start holding court in the Palace again, Mirik. Between the endless interruptions of the nobility and their petty power games, I can scarcely get any work done. That’s to say nothing of the….excess of the decor here. Honestly, I never did understand why mother was so fixated on decorating every inch of this place with silver or her trophies.” Veleon muttered as she looked to her left, eyeing her advisor.”At any rate, did you arrange for that special summons to be sent out like I requested? I know they may not answer, but Brasa knows I could use their counsel now more than ever…”

“Oh, I would not worry,” The purple tanager to her side said, in a soothing voice. “Lady Brasa would give us a sign if this was the wrong course of action. I understand in your long reign as first Grand Duchess and then Queen, there was only one person you would always heed the words of, even in your darkest moments. It is clear this is one of those moments you require their advice over all others.”

“I…I would love to say otherwise, but you do have a point. My father was always the one who could point me in the direction I needed to go. Hopefully, he can do that once more on this day.” Veleon muttered, her mood seeming to soften a bit at Mirik’s words. Yet her mood soon soured again as the great iron doors of her throne room swung open, slamming into the walls flanking them with a thunderous thud. Veleon scowled as she saw a mammoth black and gold draconid escorted into the throne room by a coterie of green clad guards. She shook her head as she rose from her throne, approaching her visitors, “Father….It seems that even in retirement, you still know how to make an entrance….” she muttered, offering her hand to the draconid.

“Oh, you know me too well, Eyvel,” Tyroth said, saying his daughter’s regular name as a point. He was wearing his old traveler’s cloak, and carrying his classic flail instead of the scepter, “You can take the king out of the throne, but the spectacle still remains, as it were. I heard that you requested my presence, and so, here I am, Your Majesty. What troubles you, my daughter?”

Veleon shook her head, seemingly somewhat annoyed by her father using her other name. She remained silent for a moment, her eyebrow raised as she noted the lack of his normal regalia. A small smirk appeared on her face as she spoke, “Indeed. Admittedly, it is still rather hard to believe that you are retiring. I had thought for certain that you would be ruling for another century at least …..but that said.” The tanager’s smirk faded, all the while she nodded to two servants who proceed to grab a pair of chairs for the two, “I know it has been a while since I have asked, but I need your counsel on how to respond to the ongoing debate in Silverdale over the royal family…..as well as more personal matter regarding the future of the Glaristanti Throne.”

Tyroth chose not to add ‘and perhaps you should have asked for my counsel earlier’ to that, even if he was thinking it. “Ah, you heard about that… actually, that is part of what convinced me to retire, Eyvel. I wished to give Tynah a chance to rule, she needs to see if she is ready for the responsibility of being queen. A lot is happening in Mystria as of recent, and perhaps it is time for a lot of the old guard to step down for the changing times. And if I am reading this right… perhaps a part of you already agrees with me?”

“Admittedly, I would be lying if I said that your decision to step down has not gotten me thinking of doing the same. Between the losses that occurred in the battle of Arnhem, the Winter War, and my granddaughter’s exile…I just do not know if I have a future on the throne. That is to say nothing of this…” Veleon said, looking down over her form once more, before casting her eyes back towards her father, “That being said, I am unsure if I am ready to leave Glaristant in the hands of my successors, be they Parliament or whoever takes the throne following me.”

“Do you wish for my answer as a former king,” Tyroth leaned forward, “Or as your father?”

“I…think your answer as my father might be more beneficial here.” Veleon remarked, her cyan eyes firmly focusing on Tyroth.

“In that case,” Tyroth looked her back squarely in the eyes, “I think you should retire, for your own sake. You yourself admit you are not doing well, and with everything that has happened, I would be an irresponsible parent if I recommended continuing at your pace. My only real regret with you leaving is not getting a chance to rule Glaristant at the same time as your sister takes the reign of Dyste.”

“But…what of all that remains to be done? Dealing with breaking the nobility, undoing the damage I did…and making amends to you, mom, and….the rest of my people…” Veleon said, speaking in a pained tone.

“First off, I answered your question as your father, not as the former king,” Tyroth reminded her, “I was not as concerned about that with that response. But if you must know… who says that you must be queen to be able to do all that?” Tyroth asked. “There is much you could still accomplish without relying on the title. Indeed, there may be situations where you might find your lack of a title more convenient for what needs to be done. And with your successor’s help, you might find yourself more able to achieve those goals.”

“I…suppose you have a point. Between what you said previously and the points you raised, maybe…it is better for me just to start thinking about passing the torch….Mirik, if you would please….grab my cane.”” Veleon said as she gestured to a black and silver cane resting by the throne, all the while she was engulfed by a pale white light. As the light faded, Tyroth could see the heavily scarred form of Eyvel take Veleon’s place. She limped for a few moments as she waited for Mirik to return.

Mirik indeed returned to Eyvel’s side almost at the exact point she needed to, in order to give her the cane. Tyroth for his own part went to Eyvel’s side to gently hug her, “... it is still this bad, my daughter? It has been two years since you started with this treatment, and still you need this?”

“Unfortunately, yes. Between the wounds from that vampire’s cursed weapon and the abyss fragments she embedded in her rounds, I…well….According to the healers I have been to, it will take at least another year to return to a semi normal state..” Eyvel muttered as she slowly steadied herself, doing what she could to return her father’s embrace, “It’s not perfect, but at least it has allowed me to reclaim some semblance of my old life.”

“In that case, Ey, I do strongly recommend you keep up your treatment for now. And that is advice I can give both as a former king and as your father.” Tyroth sat down once again, thinking. “So I suppose we should get back to the other point, then; the debate on Silverdale’s royal family. I would like to hear your own opinions first before offering some counsel.”

"I…will. Besides, it is not like this doesnt gave it's benefits." Eyvel said, returning to her seat with the help of Mirik. She nodded at her father's comment, "Admittedly, I would be lying if I said that I would not prefer that the Silverdalean royal family be restored to power. Though I do find President Songbird more tolerable than past Silverdalean leaders, she is ultimately subject to the whims of a raucous congress more interested in their popularity than governance. Such governments in my experience, tend to perform better when popularity than governance.. Such bodies in my experience, tend to function better when under the aegis of a ruler who is above petty political squabbles. That being said, I am still uncertain whether Princess Snow and Talva can weather the difficulties that would come with ruling Silverdale. “

“I can understand your concern there,” Tyroth said, “Neither Snow nor Talva have much direct experience in these matters, and are largely being considered due to Snow’s birthright and both having the blessing of the Maiden of Winter. As such, I think they will need all the guidance and help they can get in these times. I believe that your sister will be openly showing her support for their coronation, but I will say this; whichever side you show support to, make sure to show respect to the other, and if your side does not come out of top, respect their decision on the matter. Our role here is not to force them to choose a side, after all.”

“”I concur. Lady Snow and Talva will require a fair amount of guidance if they are to be successful, particularly if they wish to take the throne. You can rest assured that I will do what i can to provide to them if it is warranted.” Eyvel’s frown shifted into a small smile at the mention of Tynah, all the while her eyes seemed to shine, “Then, perhaps I should do the same. Honestly, I am not sure how much weight my endorsement will carry in comparison to hers….but the support of two Blackfang rulers should be enough to curry favor with some of Snow’s opponents.”

“And considering that I am no longer counted among those Blackfang rulers myself,” Tyroth grinned, “That will have to be left to the two of you. That said, I have one other request for you, my daughter… please look out for your sister. She has been waiting to rule Dyste for a long time, but I am not sure if she feels confident in the role yet. She was one of the few who still believed in you all this time, after all, so show her the same courtesy.”

Eyvel chuckled at her father's remarks, giving him a grin as she listened. Admittedly, she still was not sure how she felt about her sister assuming the throne. Between her inexperience and boisterous nature, she did have several concerns about Tynah’s reign. Yet, she knew even in spite of it that she would do what she could to assist her sister, “You have my word that I will do whatever I can to aid my sister, father. Admittedly, I am not sure how much I could do to help her….but at the very least I can be there if she needs me. At the very least, I owe her that much…”

“Yes, you do,” Tyroth said, “And perhaps you might find this a good way to still be involved without needing to be in charge. Now, if you would be willing to sate my curiosity, I am wondering if you have considered a successor yourself for the role?” He knew the main options, but was wondering who Eyvel was leaning towards.

“There are three primary candidates who I am considering for the role of my successor, father. Naturally Kyara or Laoisha would be my preferred choices for the role, but each has other duties or desires that might interfere with it. Laoisha has made it clear she would prefer to return to Rohane with Bradley once I retire, which given what happened with Vesta is perfectly understandable. And of course, Kyara is preoccupied with her Divine duties now…." Eyvel said, sighing as she thought of her daughters. She had admittedly wanted either of them to take up the mantle of Queen, but she wouldn't force them if it wasn't what they desired, "Apart from them….I had been considering Rolven as well. He and I may not be on the best of terms these days, or see eye to eye on everything. Yet with that being said, he is a good man with an excellent head on his shoulders. I think…no I know that after the crises of the last few years, he would bring a good deal of peace to Glaristant."

“Hm,” Tyroth considered the options himself. “With Kyara becoming more in line with the divine, I am concerned about whether she is capable of being queen as well. Now, Dyste and Silverdale have very different views on this; in Dyste’s case, I was blessed by the dragon king to rule the land and be his mortal herald, and no doubt Tynah will too. If I ever counted myself among the divine, I would immediately have left my position as king had I not done so already. Silverdale, on the other hand, has the word of the divine tied inherently to rulership; not only are they blessed by Avala, but Queen Aurora herself was viewed as a goddess in her rule, regardless of her own personal desires, and with Snow and Talva also having divinity within their essence, this will not change for them. It would be something Glaristant would need to determine for themselves, if divinity is an acceptable trait for a monarch to have. If it is, she might still be a fine choice. If not, I am inclined to have it be Rolven, as Laoisha is clearly not willing to take the role; he would be a fine king himself indeed.”

"Admittedly, I would prefer that Kyara take the throne, given that she has done a lot of good over the years. Between her service across the planes and her actions in Silverdale, she has gathered quite a good reputation with much of the populace. That's without even mentioning she would have likely have Brasa's favor as well. Yet…" Eyvel's expression shifted to a frown as she gave a heavy sigh. She knew that in any other circumstance Kyara likely would have been the favored candidate to succeed. Yet with her ascension to divinity, she likely would draw doubts about whether or not she could connect with her mortal subjects, "I am uncertain….It would be one thing if she was just blessed by the gods like you were, but given she has ascended fully…It might prove to be a difficult sell for much of the population. Still, I suppose we will have to find out once I submit the candidates to the Landtag. That aside, even if she is not chosen…Rolven would indeed make for a fine King…."

“In that case, I would leave it to the people of Glaristant to decide,” Tyroth nodded. “It is by their will a monarch will be crowned, not only here, but in Dyste and Silverdale. Whichever is chosen, I am certain they will serve Glaristant well in the future to come, and work with Tynah to make sure our lands prosper. If that is all, my daughter… perhaps we can end this talk on official matters and just spend some time as family for once? It has been a long time since we have been able to do so…”

"I would like that, father. It has been far too long since we have been able to just do something as a family. That said,...if you will indulge my curiosity for a moment, there is one matter I am curious about." Eyvel remarked, a smile spreading across her muzzle, "So what are you and mom going to do now that you are retiring?"

“Well, for a time we wish to simply relax in your mother’s manor, Iri has insisted that I spend some more time there and getting to know the locals more,” Tyroth smiled, “And then we plan to travel a bit, both to Corneria and see where I was born, and to the lamia lands to prove our worth as a couple in their eyes. Not to mention, we are going to see if perhaps Tysteus’s mother wishes to join us, too; a fun little adventurer for a bunch of retirees, would you not say?”

"That would be a lovely way to start your retirement, dad. You getting back to roving the world as an adventurer alongside your two greatest companions….Truly I'd say it's a retirement fit for you. GAHAHA!" Eyvel bellowed, giving her father a warm smile, as Mirik set about serving the pair tea. Though she did not know what all lay ahead, she was nonetheless looking forward to it.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:39 am

Written with Silverdale

Genevieve looked to her left, giving the blonde woman driving the car a small smile. It had been specially brought in from Rohane Alista alongside them, both to ensure their safety and to make sure there was a private vehicle available to them at all, though Genevieve had insisted on letting her companion drive. She took a quick glance into the back, where Jasmine had slumped over, asleep against the door, before speaking to the driver. “It was a long flight, poor Jas is exhausted… thank you for letting us stay with you, while we’re here for the royal debates. It’s good to know we have a home, away from home, if we need it.”

Mythra gave a cool look as she drifted the car through the street of Snowy Light. “It ain’t anything special like the palaces and mansions. A simple town house with a maid theme cafe. Belia Lovehalo helps run the place, but she is quite a busy aasimar with her own matters when I run the shop.”

“Mythra, I grew up in a two story Rohirric in a ranching town,” Genevieve laughed softly. “I don’t know about maid themed cafes, but small and simple townhouses are fine by me. Honestly, I want Jasmine to experience living outside a palace or some amazing hotel anyways, it’ll do her some good.”

“I won’t lie: the downside at the cafe is that session where the politicians would gather. Usually for their latest support rallies.” Mythra said as she began to drive towards the corner where a cheerful maid icon at the front door was at. They can see the first floor was a colorful cafe with fresh planted roses and radiant tulips at the front.

“The politicians bother you at home?” Genevieve sighed, but brightened a bit on seeing the front. “You have a little garden! You should have said, I would’ve brought clippings from ours back home. Honestly, Mythra, it looks like a good place to live.”

“Why thanks.” Mythra then halted the car near a brick section next to the window. “There is a shortcut here to avoid the crowd. Unless you want to meet potentially Riley iside.”

“I don’t know who Riley is,” Genevieve replied. “But it’s probably better if the entirety of Silverdale doesn’t find out that the regent and empress of Rohane Alista are staying in your cafe, right? Plus little Jasmine is asleep, it wouldn’t be fair to her,” the regent unbuckled her seatbelt, opening the passenger door. “Did you want to take her?”

“Why of course.” Mythra replied. In a swift matter of seconds, she parked the car and walked over to pick up Jasmine from her seat. “There there…” She smiled as she looked over at Genny. “Now this is a small magical trick. A passcode wall that’d easily allow us to reach my floor.”

“Oh, we have a few secret walls in the palace, one for the vaults, one for the wine cellar,” Genevieve said, returning the smile as she watched Jasmine shuffle a little bit into Mythra’s shoulder. “You know, she looks more like Marron, but I think Jasmine actually looks up to you more, Mythra. She thinks you’re really cool and strong.”

Mythra gave a gentle pat on Jasmine’s head. “Why thanks.” She smiled. “Perhaps I need to demonstrate the full capabilities of a queen one day. This of course.” She began to tap her finger on different bricks like a passcode! All before one push on the middle that moved inwards for the whole section to suddenly vanish into light as an elevator appears! “Is one little trick a mage created.”

“Well, that’s a little different than how it works back home,” Genevieve said, grabbing her own and Jasmine’s bags. “After you. I’m sure Jasmine would love to learn from you, by the way. What would you teach her?” The regent asked, walking up to pat the sleeping girl as well.

Mythra thought for a second as she entered the elevator. “As in her primary teacher?” She then added. “Outside of history, and knowledge of the celestials to religion, I could teach her a few chitchat skills. Obviously mathematics, archery, and horseback riding as well.”

“Oh, I bet she’ll try and skip the religion classes,” Genevieve sighed. “She’s already got that hard headedness… I’m not exactly faithful, myself, of course, but I see the benefits,” she continued, hoisting the bags into the elevator. Luckily, there were only 2 of them, since she had asked the Omega Troopers to be unseen as much as possible, and had to handle it herself. “But learning how to speak with people, archery and horseriding… those are good skills. You’re good at math, Mythra?”

“You bet,” Mythra replied as she pressed a button. The elevator appeared to go up and suddenly shifted to the right before it opened into Mythra’s home! Her front door in fact. “Home sweet home!”

Mythra’s home itself was in a state of disrepair. In terms of the living room’s couch was a complete mess with a few magazines, pillows on the floor, and a few misplaced items about. Yet otherwise the kitchen itself was a decade behind from the latest of technological items, and a magic broom kept the tiled floor clean from dust and dirt. There were a few memorial items from an authentic artwork portrait of Mythra and Jacobi on the far end of the wall, alongside a display of the bow she used, and a light tome in the living room.

“Don’t mind the current state of the house.” Mythra said.

“Oh, dear,” Genevieve frowned. “I haven’t cleaned since I got engaged to Jaciob, but I can help you organize a little bit…” she said, setting the two bags down just inside the doorway, shuffling about and collecting the magazines, stacking them together, until she reached the far wall, where she stopped, staring at the items hanging there. “Is that man…?”

“That’s Jacobi. An old authentic painting as a part of my collection.” Mythra answered. “I haven’t sold it off to some collector or donated it away. It’s more of a safe keeping here.”

"Well… that's good," Genevieve replied. "It's in good condition, too. This is kind of a rude question, Mythra, but… did you ever fall in love again? Or was it always him?"

“Seasonal love? No thanks. I’m one of those cranky elf like people who haven’t found another true love.” Mythra answered. “It makes life easier so I can give all my heart out to people in need.”

“I… I’m glad to hear you say that,” Genevieve said. “I’ve been feeling like I can’t understand people who… can get remarried, or fall in love again, after losing the love of their life. I just… I know it’s still new for me, but I can’t even imagine loving anyone like that again. I’m glad it’s not just me.”

“Marron can easily move on to other lovers.” Mythra retorted. “As for myself… it just isn’t right alright? I loved the man for his lifetime and he…” Mythra thought for a moment. “Got old while I haven’t aged. When you live past many centuries and see a literal civil war that brought even a small chance of love away, it makes it hard to justify doing it. Then again my goddess told me to lighten up a little on that… it’s annoying alright.”

“I’m not judging you, Mythra,” Genevieve laughed, and it actually sounded sincere. “I promise, I’m saying I appreciate that you feel that way. It makes me feel a little more normal. Though, you did remind me, Marron told me she had something important to talk about with you.”

“Did she?” Mythra asked.

“Yes. She didn’t say why, just that she wanted to and it was very important,” Genevieve sighed. “Are you two not speaking? I understand it’s been a long time, but really, we love you both, ok? Please, if you’re fighting, let me help make it better.”

“Ugh…” Mythra shook her head. “It’s nothing like that Genny. It’s just… Look I’ll speak with Marron about this again, but she knows that we both moved on and our lives are you know… we have to focus on the present and future as a family plus our responsibilities. We’ve duties that people put faith into us.”

“Um, sure?” Genevieve sounded confused, but shrugged. “As long as you two are getting along, and staying in contact with us as much as you can… the girls really need you, ok? And so do I. So don’t go disappearing, please.”

Mythra sighed. “No need to worry on that Genny. My business is here alongside solving a few matters with answering the obvious ‘does Camille supports Snow’ and so forth. Commune is one way to solve it but it’s more than what you determine and run off to the public for your agenda… Ahem oh I do wanna show Jasmine around town too.”

“I would like that, and so would she, I’m sure,” Genny looked over at her still sleeping daughter in Mythra’s arms with a small smile. “Especially because we’re planning on having her testify to your congress, too… I wanted to do it for her, but she was being quite insistent on doing it herself. I swear, this girl… all she’ll read recently are books about war and politics, it worries me…”

“Eh?” Mythra was taken aback for a second. “Did Jasmine write what she wanted to say?”

“Thankfully, no,” Genevieve sighed. “I got our speechwriter on staff to write me one, but then Jasmine insisted on delivering it after. We’ve practiced it a lot, so I’m more worried about whether she can handle the inevitable questioning. I can only hope your congress doesn’t have too many members who might try to make a point of a child…”

“They better not! I’ll make sure Riley and Crystalstar have some decency to avoid that nonsense. I do trust them.” Mythra crossed her arms.

“Thank you, Mythra,” the Regent sighed. “Let’s put Jasmine to bed? I need to sleep, too, soon. It was a long flight, and I’d like to have plenty of energy for the coming days. I don’t think either of us want to waste a moment of the time we’ll have,” the Rohanian woman smiled.

“Right.” Mythra took Jasmine to a partially made up room. Mostly the sunny theme bed. The rest were surprisingly neat and tight, as the rosey little shrine with a statue of Camille could attest to. She then tucked Jasmine under the sheets and gave one last head pat on the girl.

“So, I presume you intend to follow up on the whole monarchy push, right?” Mythra asked Genevieve.

“Well… yes,” Genevieve confirmed, giving Jasmine a kiss on the forehead, quietly closing the door behind them as she left the room. “We are here to give our support to Snow and Talva. Not that Silverdalean democracy is bad, or anything, but a lot of people in Rohane Alista would like to see the throne of Silverdale reoccupied.”

“Right. . .” Mythra hesitated for a moment but sighed. “Well, it is a good time for those two to get out of their isolated ice caves and help save the whole land.”

“You have doubts, don’t you?” Genevieve asked.

“Doubts? Oh no, it’s probably a grudge, jealousy, maybe all three. The point is that Snow simply vanished without a trace years ago… Probably the ice transformation is the reason why… And just left decades for Silverdale to scramble to the point that idiots to start murdering each other. I even supported an heir that got blown up from a plane’s bomb and had a shrine of mine demolished. Now that most of the generation from that time is old, the new generation has forgotten it.” Mythra huffed.

Genevieve sat on the couch, cringing a little. “I’m sorry that happened to you,” she said, hesitantly patting the cushions next to her. “I… I guess it’s not ideal for your family to support her, but… we really do think it would be good. Just, I hope you won’t hold it against us, and if you don’t want to be here anymore if she takes over… you’re welcome to move with us full time. The Temple of Camille you set up in Alistara is still running, did you know?”
“Yeah?” Mythra then paused and shook her head. “Look, I don’t harbor any ill will on what Rohane Alista supports on this matter…” She then looked conflicted. “Genny… It’s not like I desire to abandon everything in Silverdale. It’s… what kind of high priestess would I be if I can’t use magic and do my own duties for one. Just…” Mythra crossed her arms. “It’s hard alright?”

“I know, I know,” She sighed. “But the temple in Alistara has endured six centuries without magic, you know? Clearly they make it work, somehow. And I know you don’t want to leave Silverdale… I’m just being selfish, wanting to bring everyone in the family back together for as long as possible…”

Mythra groaned in annoyance and looked at the outside just as, on cue, the light shined upon Genny, and a blonde haired woman on the rooftop nearby stared right at them. “F-Fine! I’ll come, but you’ve to come with me on one matter.”

“I… what?” Genevieve said, shielding her eyes with her right hand. “Oh… ok? Who is that? Mythra?...”

Upon view of the rooftop, the person vanished from sight. “Mother.” Mythra cracked a smile.

“I… oh,” Genevieve blinked, standing up. “It would be an honor to meet… am I allowed to call her grandmother? I assume meeting her is this matter, right?”

“Probably-” Mythra paused as the doorbell rang. “Play it cool, and it’ll be fine.”

“... I’m worried,” Genevieve admitted, sitting back down. “Please don’t let me make an idiot of myself.”

Mythra opened the door to reveal a blonde haired human young woman in white with a gift basket at hand! “Joyous upon you Saint Mythra.” She then smiled. “I hope I am not interrupting by any chance, but may I come in?”

“Sure Melony.” Mythra invited the woman inside. Melony waked as she took out one object from the basket of many gifts to show a cow mask for Genevieve.

“This is Melony. One of my patrons in the shop.” Mythra replied.

“Nice to meet you, Melony,” Genevieve responded, accepting the mask. Confusion clouded her voice as she held the mask and looked between Mythra and the new guest. “Er… do I put this on? I thought your mother…”

Melony tilted her head. “Feel free to wear it. It is a mask that you can wear for fun or act upon. Yet its identity and meaning are important. Adorn it to become what it is, alongside what you are even without it.”

“Then I suppose it is time to swap out the mask from Melony to Camille, mother.” Mythra said.

"I- did you just say Camille?" Genevieve chuckled nervously, looking at the mask in her hands again. "... I'm not dreaming, am I?" She asked, putting the mask up to her eyes for a moment. “I have to be dreaming.”

In mere moments Genevieve felt a whole growth spurt occur as her body became slightly larger, and new ears popped up! Alongside these was a new tail as well. Mythra snickered while Melony's body glowed as she transformed into a mature woman with flowing hair and a casual white sweater and dark gray mini skirt.

“What the…” Genevieve felt her head, her eyes going wide as she felt ears that definitely weren’t supposed to be there, and then the sensation of a squished tail as she jumped off the couch, starting to overbalance from her changed center of mass, before catching herself on a couch arm. “Wait! Waitwaitwait! What happened to me? I, I’m Rohanian, this can’t, what is this?”

“Fear not my child, it is only temporary. When the mask is worn, you’ll become that of a bovanian woman.” Camille explained.

"But how?" Genevieve replied, one hand now feeling her new tail, another still feeling her head, the mask apparently needing to be actively removed to stop the transformation. "I… thought this was impossible," she admitted, seemingly caught between a smile and a frown now. "It… thank you, it actually feels… is this how it feels to transform with magic for everyone? It already feels so… so natural?"

Mythra gave a curious look at the mask and then back at Genevieve. “Ah! A simple mask of transformation into a cow being. Upon wearing it, you’d transform into what it depicts and ta-da.” She then winked. “It’s something like that! I’ve become a cat woman once. It was like a whole pair of ears and a tail growing out at once.”

“For myself, such transformation is natural.” Camille chuckled.

"Yeah, but… neither of you gets it, do you?" Genevieve shook her head and laughed. "It's magic! Real magic! And it works on me! I expected my… my natural anti-magic would stop it… this is amazing…"

Camille simply smiled while Mythra tilted her head. “Hold up, real magic?! Perhaps the potency of the magical item does that for you!”

"I… are you making fun of me?" Genevieve scowled a little as her new tail thrashed a bit. "I mean… it's exciting, ok?" She sighed. "Regardless, thank you for the gift, and… my apologies over the freak out…" She said straight to Camille. "Um… are you actually, you know…"

“I am the goddess Camille, or Mythra. The deity of light, maiden of life, and mother for all.” Camille smiled. “I’ve seen the need for this land and yourselves at this time.”

Genevieve slowly sat down on the couch again, though more on the edge. “I guess you’re lucky I’m a Rohanian who is… a bit more open than regular to the divine,” she said slowly, smoke practically pouring out of her ears. “I assume you want or need something from me, right? Or… Rohane Alista as a whole?...”

“The opposite.” Camille gestured to Mythra and outside. “I desire to see one of my clerics to overcome the challenge that they hinder themselves, and help the community of the nation as a whole. A hedgehog dilemma, and a cycle that needs a communal bond before it becomes polarized far from the frozen war.”

“Ah… this is because I asked Mythra to come back with us, isn’t it?” Genevieve realized, ears drooping a bit. “Of course, you can’t really allow that, can you?”

“On the contrary, I do desire for Mythra’s happiness to BE with your family. As I mention of the hedgehog dilemma: the two hedgehogs desire warmth and comfort, but are unable due to their spikes.” Camille explained. “It is difficult, but there are many ways to ease this path and make it workable.”

“Guh.” Mythra sighed. “I know, it’s… look I am trying to make it easy and be rather responsible. I know that-”

“They love you.” Camille patted. “Same with Marron and Jacobi. There is no shame about it.”

Genevieve nodded. “We do, Mythra. We love you, and if… your mother? Is endorsing it, then I think that itself shows that it’s obvious,” the Regent stood, slowly walking over and wrapping Mythra in a hug. “I don’t know all the difficulties, but we will help you with them, I promise. All you have to do is say you’d like to be with your family…”

“Eh-!?” Mythra jumped up. All before she grumbled before she returned the hug. “F-Fine… Look, I won’t lie but you might find it troubling and all, but I’ll… I’ll try to improve.”

“The effort and lessons learned is what matters.” Camille replied.

“We just need you, Mythra, you can come as you are,” Genevieve said. “Thank you… Camille. I don’t think I was going to convince her how much we love her on my own.”

“Not a problem my child.” Camille then followed up from a curious nod. “There is the issue at play that you and Mythra must attend. I’ve seen the hearts of the heirs of the throne, and their passion for family and love is what Silverdale needs. A growth and compassionate one. Create a symbol of what people strive for.”

Mythra’s eyes widen for a moment. “Oh…. OH! Why of course… baking mama cookies and a healing pony…”

"That's something my daughter wants to do, though of course we'll help, " Genevieve released Mythra, now frowning. "She… you're a goddess of motherhood, right? I admit this is desperate, but… I worry about my children, I don't know how to help them…"

“I can answer a few thoughts on this matter.” Camille smiled. “Now…”

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:02 am

Written with Silverdale

House of Representatives

In the grand chamber of the representatives, the lights from the outside shine from the windows to illuminate the flowering plants and light colored wood and marble walls that were the chamber. Both flora and grand works of artwork and status adorn the place as many congressmen filled the seats. All with a white haired whale woman, whose seat was that of a fish tank, stood forward to speak up.

“On the first matter at hand, we’ve Regent Genevieve, Her Eminence Jasmine, and their entourage who wish to speak in this matter,” House Speaker Bell announced. “As this fits for a prime example for a state who may provide an alternative for a model, if the people of Silverdale desires for it to be so. Now, we shall open the floor for the Children of Rohan to speak.”

There was a short moment as Genevieve, wearing a soft white dress, with a noticeable necklace featuring a white sun charm, and Jasmine, herself in a modest dark blue dress, walked out from a waiting room, Jasmine being the one to step behind the provided podium, on which she set some papers. "I first wanted to say thank you to our friends in Silverdale, for listening to the opinions of one of your staunchest allies," She began, barely even stumbling over the difficult word. "I felt it was best that, as the likely Eminence for the next several decades, it was best I make this appeal, instead of my mother. We all know the topic we are here for today; whether or not Silverdale wants or needs to restore the royal throne. The first question is simple; Silverdale as a nation does not necessarily appear to need to, having built a respectable democracy," She paused to allow those in the room a chance to react before continuing. "However, it is our opinion that this often hides beneath a thin coating the reality; much of Silverdalean politics is fraught with difficulty and backstabbing. Slowly, but surely, the people's voice is being stamped out by powerful interests, and no one seems capable of reigning it in."

Mythra, in a pearl white dress, leaned against the wall to witness the mixture of the baffled, silent, and curious crowd. She kept an eye for one of the older members, a senior earth pony with a gray better in a sight grin. All the while notice the feywild lady in a more calm state despite these words. Then of course was a blue haired elf woman who let a small gasp.

Jasmine cleared her throat, flipping the page. It was a good thing a tall stand had been provided behind the podium; she was using every inch of its height. She continued to speak. "This is a problem Rohane Alista has also experienced historically. The power of the people is important, but it must be safely guarded against both panic and selfish actors. There are many ways to attempt to accomplish this, but Rohane Alista has found that a royal family, with well defined powers, can be a valuable method of ensuring balance between the needs of the people and the powerful. For this reason, Rohane Alista, its people, and the Imperial Family itself endorses Princess Snow's claim on the throne, and encourage the government of Silverdale to look to our system if they are in need of ideas. Thank you," the girl finished, bowing slightly.

House Speaker Bell then spoke up as Mythra's eyes fixated on Jasmine. “Why thank you for this wonderful speech princess Jasmine. I can see a bright future for you.” She then turned around. “Now, I am opening up the floor for any questions for her guardian.”

Jasmine stepped away from the podium, Genevieve leaning down to whisper to her as the Regent took her daughters place. “You did a really good job, Jasmine, I’m proud of you,” she said, before standing up and adjusting the mic to her height, as Jasmine walked to Mythra and took her hand. “Thank you all for having us. If you have any questions, please, ask.”

Crystalstar rose up from her seat and then spoke up. "I am skeptical of the need of a monarchy who supposedly adds another check and balance within our national government. For a seat beyond even the vote of the people, would they put our nation's interest best at heart? In a time of crisis, how can we be sure they won’t silence elected officials and dissolve congress if they deem unfit?”

"In Rohane Alista, the Senates have the right to remove the sitting Eminence," Genevieve began her answer, her own sheets of paper in front of her. It seemed this question was expected. "And, indeed, have control of the capital police and guard to enforce it. It is a difficult hurdle, of course, but one that ensures the checks go both ways. I would also ask you to consider if every Silverdalean president has displayed an unwavering devotion to the nation's best interests; after all, for Princess Snow, or those who succeed her, the nation's interests are their own interests, but a president might only care to empower and enrich themselves in the short term."

The next person to stand up was a tan elf woman with a dark ace-spade tail. “Sounds a bit odd given Snow inherits a wealthy estate and lavish treasures for life.” She then coughed. “Representative from Floridae Flare Sunbeam speaking. There is a question from my folks that, while we enjoy a fellow kin on the throne, how are those two supposed to keep any ‘backstabbing’ from happening? I know future vision and divination, but isn’t that a vague possibility?”

"Well, as you are likely aware, divination is impossible in Rohane Alista," Genevieve replied, not looking at her papers. She was lucky to be a bit distant from those asking questions, because it would hide the child sweat this question gave her; politics wasn't her expertise after all. "If you mean political maneuvering, that is simply life, whether you have a royal or a president. The advantage of the queen would be, of course, that the hurdles to overthrowing them will be higher if they are doing a good job, and, if done correctly, lower if they're not," the Regent replied, pausing a moment. "Also, on a personal note, I believe Princess Snow's personality will help to convince her enemies that working with her will still get them further…"

The elderly stallion then stood up next. From the beard alone, it was clear that the pony was Banner. “Wise words Regent. I must ask: is there an example of eminence that may be advisable should Silverdale restore the throne?”

"I, of course, suggest looking to the examples left behind by my late husband," Genevieve replied. "I am sure you all are aware that he was a friend to Silverdale, and many others. There are other examples that may be good, however, and what Silverdale wants to be is something we shouldn't decide for you."

Next up was a suited penguin by the name Rick Fjord spoke up. “So you mention that the senate in Rohane Alista has the ability to remove its emperor? Was this ever been done before?”

"It has happened exactly once," Genevieve replied, briefly fixing the pendant on her necklace. "The Mad Emperor was impeached and removed in favor of his brother. That's actually how House Stephenson came to sit on the throne, over House Marrondies. However, the Senates have overruled an Imperial Veto many, many times."

After a series of other trivial and small questions, the appeal was over. Mythra led the two out of the chamber and let out a sigh. “Well, you sure handled that well.”

"As well as we could," Genevieve replied with a small smile, taking Jasmine's hand as they followed Mythra.

Malgrave
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Malgrave » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:44 pm

OOC: Written with Lego (thanks Lego!)

Spring’s Ton Inn

At first glance Spring Ton In appeared to be an odd choice for a high-profile meeting, with the small establishment typically only seating around a dozen patrons during their rush hour service, however, the small size of the business also meant that it had quite a homely and comfortable atmosphere, with many patrons deciding to spend entire afternoons and even weekends either to unwind or catch up on studies.

In fact, it was the comfortable atmosphere of the small cafe combined with their quality neko-friendy treats that had inspired Rosario to use some of her savings to hire out the business for the day to serve her needs, the neko idly brushing some imaginary dust from herself as she waited for her guests to arrive.

"Just breathe, focus and remember what Glacia would do," Rosario said to herself, the neko wasn't as comfortable in such circumstances as her friend but she had picked up some valuable tips over the years and now intended to use them to try and help a country she had grown to love.

The door opened for a small halfing man with blonde hair and a cap to enter the room. Rosario cna quickly tell that the person himself was Harmony Sweetheart, or “Potato”, as one of the candidates that ran for office to support the monarchy. Now a spokesperson under behalf of the Monarchist Movement, the hafling hopped over at the table Rosario was at.

“Hello there!” The hafling smiled as he waved. “Names Harmony! I am glad you wanted to speak with me on this wonderful matter Rosario!”

Rosario bowed in greeting, a small smile present on her face as she indicated towards a comfortable looking both for Harmony to sit in, of course, the neko had heard about “Potato” during the Presidential election, a candidate that had received much attention back home on social media due to his rather unusual nickname.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Harmony,” Rosario said, “I typically don’t get involved in such matters openly but after fighting in the winter war I have come to regard Silverdale as a second home, so I wished to gain more information on the monarchist cause and how the country would change if Princess Snow was made Queen.”

“Oh? You wish to learn more about us? I know a little website gives our basic outline, but given you ask for us here, I figure something bigger to chew on.” Potato chuckled. “Anyway my fellow citizen, you wanna learn the whole overview first?”

“Websites are quite fine for learning the basics but hearing from someone such as yourself would add important personal details,” Rosario said, “For example one could learn about Princess Snow by looking online but I think I have learned more about her through shared personal experiences during the war,” the neko remarked, “...so a general overview of the society that you’d like to establish in your own words would be ideal.”

“Simple: Silverdale for its long history was made by the great rule of Queen Aurora for many generations and by right, as stated by the succession law and 1946 Clause by congress, one that is entitled and ruled by an alicorn or one just of Aurora’s line should take the throne. It’s unfortunate that there was trouble without the right candidate for so long…” Harmony frowned before he chirped up. “But when Princess Snow returned, it became clear that the seasons change for the return of a princess to her rightful throne. So it is a restoration of a tradition and harmony for the land fitself.”

“Princess Snow’s return to Silverdale is a most welcome development but what about those who just voted for a President? Quite a few Silverdaleans voted for Miranada to lead them and I imagine a few of them would be quite upset if she is simply removed from power and replaced with a monarch,” Rosario questioned, “Princess Snow’s immortality is another issue as well, as while a President can be voted out, an eternal monarch has no such hurdles. It is something I am not that used to to be honest, as in Malgrave we have a completely different system.”

“An issue? Princess Snow is known for duty and has knowledge of our nation’s history quite well. So outside of potential ‘evil side’, not sure if that’s an issue. That said, I imagine we can try some prime minister style system to keep people happy. That said…'' Potato looked curious. “I know your people vote in paragons into the crown, but is there something else about it?”

“I have traveled with Princess Snow, so I know that she has a keen sense of duty and a high level of compassion and care for her people, however, does that give her the right to rule forever? It is quite an interesting question, as we are talking about whether people a thousand or so in the future should have a say in their leadership,” Rosario said

At Potato’s question about her homelands system, the neko got quite excited, of course, the engineer didn’t want to promote her own system as something for Silverdale to copy but she did enjoy clearing up a few questions on the subject.

“You are partially correct,” Rosario said, “Paragons are appointed by the Ancestral Study Group after performing an admirable of heroic deed, for example Amelia Lowwe and the members of her expedition were made Paragons for their efforts to cure MIDD, so it is not a position carried on through the bloodline but something earned through merit,” the neko explained, “Paragons that are confirmed to be connected to the ancestors are eligible to submit themselves as a potential heir, an independent review takes place with the assistance of the ASG and at the end of the process a candidate is put forward to a national referendum, so the people have the choice to accept the new Paragon Monarch or reject them and start the entire process all over again.”

“Yet a Paragon Monarch rules that they’re able too, is that correct? I know that Snow is a paragon in her own right as she heroically faced many creatures of ice, even Garyx and a whole demon lord! She has merit as well.” Potato said.

“Princess Snow would certainly be considered for Paragon status in Malgrave, as like you said she has managed to overcome many adversities during her life, however, even as a Malgravean citizen I do not believe that it would be suitable for me to try and pressure Silverdale to try and adopt something which is similar to this model,” Rosario admitted, “Malgrave adopted such a model due to our connection with the Ancestors combined with a few other historical factors, but Silverdale is a completely different nation and so such a model would be an imperfect fit.”

Rosario paused for a few moments, a member of staff making their presence known as they delivered a small pot of peppermint tea.

“Silverdale shouldn’t seek to copy or emulate another system but rather create something unique that respects tradition while keeping some manner of democratic legitimacy,” Rosario said, offering to pour some tea for Potato, “Perhaps Princess Snow could face a confidence referendum every generation and her abilities can be tested by the Gods? I remember being tested by the Gods during the Winter War so I imagine that Princess Snow should have no issue retaining their confidence.”

“Eh?” Potato seemed to be caught off guard as he tried to lift a cup of tea. “A test by the gods? Isn’t what she has enough?”

“It would work to cement the bonds of trust between Princess Snow and the wider population, as they’ll be able to see quite clearly that she has divine backing,” Rosario said as she poured some peppermint tea for Potato, “In the long-term it would also protect Princess Snow against any undue influence. We have seen many foes try and take advantage of Silverdaleans in the past, so a little divine protection for Princess Snow would be quite good,” the neko said, “I just thought that such an idea would be uniquely Silverdalean as opposed to something copied from another country.”

“Well it’d be unique, but this is crazy. I’m not even sure if the deities would allow this or by congress.” Potato shook his head.

“After spending time with these deities I have come to an understanding that they are quite fond of trials and gatherings, so they would probably welcome the opportunity,” Rosario said with a slight chuckle as she remembered one of her earlier encounters with them, “As for Congress? It is a bit of a strange proposal but it would be uniquely Silveralean and naturally they can have their own oversight of Princess Snow, so if you are interested I imagine that you could make it become a reality,”

“Uh… Maybe if the High Priestess nearby or someone accepts that? Look… I’m not sure if a bunch of lay mortals can overlook such a matter.” Potato said. “Maybe my team can try to push it, but you’re asking a lot.”

“Yes, I suppose it is quite easy to take communications with the gods for granted once it becomes common,” Rosario said apologetically, “If you need my assistance I could attempt to talk to one such deity, as I imagine that Glacia would be quite willing to do her part to help Princess Snow ascend to the throne.”

“Common?!” Potato then sighed as he drank some tea. “Hmm… tasty.” He then pressed the tea cup down that made a small thud. “You’re quite special, but I have not once spoken to any deity directly. Nor did any of my friends here, or the common congressman. Look: if you’re able to do so, please do.”

“All connections gained as I worked to defeat Garyx with Princess Snow, of course,” Rosario said feeling a bit foolish for making such a comment, “I would be quite happy to speak with such deities though to help Princess Snow establish a true Silverdalean monarchy.”

*“Well good luck Ms Caivano. You might pull something off!” Potato said. “That being said: you’ve any other questions for me?”

Rosario hummed to herself as she thought of a question to ask, “...not a serious question but I am quite curious about how you became known as Potato.”

“Oh people comment that a lot of folks and my summer time at a potato farm!” Potato answered. “So the nickname stuck.”
Last edited by Malgrave on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frenequesta wrote:Well-dressed mad scientists with an edge.

United Kingdom of Malgrave (1910-)
Population: 331 million
GDP Per Capita: 42,000 dollars
Join the Leftist Cooperation and Security Pact

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:22 pm

On the Silverdalean site Valcafe, the biggest streaming site in the Dragon Sea Alliance, all sorts of channels and personalities could be found, but one fairly recent one had taken the site by storm in the past few months, a channel called ‘Warrior Trinity’. The channel had a wide variety of videos, from gaming streams to lessons and self-help/advice videos, but regardless of the topic, the location was almost always in a place that appeared otherworldly in essence, but still felt comfortable, as a giant hot spring was in view, several beings mortal and celestial in essence relaxing. In the latest video, the main host sat at a table nearby, an elf with blue hair and pale skin; she was one of the most famous people in not just Silverdale, but the Dragon Sea Alliance as a whole. After all, she was a longtime heroine of the land, and had fairly recently ascended herself to the Silverdalean pantheon.

“Hello, my lovely viewer on Valcafe! It’s your Goddess of Affection, Glacia, here!” The blue haired elf made a pose and giggled, “I’m here to bring you the latest updates from the Divine Springs, what the Warrior Trinity are up to, and future projects from us! So join me for this week’s edition of: Hot Springs Takes!” The elf disappeared in a flash of light, as the camera moved to a spot by the edge of the springs, where Glacia appeared once more sitting within.

“Alrighty, so first off, a few lil’ updates; Shieldy is gonna be playing the hit Auram Nebilir game Tyroth Tactics IV! I hear this is the first one to feature some of the heroes of the Imperial War, like Tobias and Javia! It’ll be a whole new era to cover for them! Also, Yuki asked everyone to tune in for her live lesson on transmutation magic, where she will be showing people the intricacies of different beast shapes. I myself am gonna be sharing a lesson on adding elemental effects on weapons, so stay tuned for that!”

The elven goddess sighed, partially in contentment, but also a tinge of worry, “... but I know what most of you are really wondering about; what’s my take on the current debate on the issue on taking Princess Snow and Talva Loveheart as the new queens of Silverdale? Well, I have to be honest with you here… I am extremely biased on this subject. After all, before ascending, before even forming the Arctic Knights, I was a Royal Knight of Silverdale serving under Queen Aurora. But I guess everyone already knew that already, right?” Glacia giggled. “And that the Arctic Knights were informally serving Princess Snow ever since her reappearance; I accepted the job myself, and have worked alongside her ever since in some capacity.”

“But then… there’s the other issue, regarding Talva… I believe there have been talks about the idea of what my own relation is to her, with some rumors flying around about what is the truth…” she took a deep breath, “So I think perhaps I should quash any false rumors before people think otherwise…”

“I, Glacia Invernos, am indeed the mother of Talva Loveheart. She is one of my eldest two children, and also a scion of the noble house of Loveheart.”

The elf breathed out, “... there. That is the truth of the matter. As such, you must understand that I am coming at this subject with a bias in favour of both of them becoming your new queens. However, I will say this about them; they have proven themselves loyal and devoted to the land on their own merits. They have worked tirelessly to protect this land during the Winter War and the demon invasion, and have worked to heal the land in its aftermath. Indeed, my daughter has taken on the role as the sister deity of Avala in order to help protect Silverdale during its harshest times, to show that warmth can be found within the foreboding cold. As such, even taking out my own personal connections, I can give my full support to them.”

“However!” Glacia had to add, “Know that whichever way this debate goes, the rest of the Trinity and I are dedicated to protecting Silverdale. I do not intend to change this regardless of the outcome. I ask you all to have your own thoughts instead of blindly following mine; I am merely offering my own take on the matter… a Hot Springs Take!” She giggled and winked to the camera.

“Okay, so with that out of the way, stay tuned later for Shieldmaiden’s Arcade and Sword Saint Strategies! And remember, if you ever feel like you need help, please go to a shrine or temple of mine; the local priests will always be there to offer kindness and snuggles, so please, take care of yourselves. The Lady of Affection welcomes all to her doors. I would know, after all, since that’s me!” She waved, “Have a lovely day, everyone!”

Comments
Jump to page: 1 2 3 ... 8

TheKnightWyrm
Glacia's endorsement just shows what we already knew; even the gods think it's time for the throne to be filled!
3 minutes ago
Likes 23

AuroranDragon
As usual, Glacia's remarks hit the nail on the head. It is far past time for Silverdale to have a wise ruler who can reign in the chaos of the Congress. Oh and fyi cuddle elf, you're looking fabulous as always!
4 minutes ago
Likes 42

InvernosFan38
C’mon, why does the camera always focus away showing anything? I wanted to see more of her!
2 minutes ago
Likes -5

CuddlebugPriestess1
Excuse me, but please be more respectful to our goddess. Her beauty is captivating, but please keep thoughts like that to yourself.
1 minute ago
Likes 3

IceStar
Can you please not perv on my mom? Honestly, do you mortals think about anything aside from that? Perverts aside, mom's right! It's about time we have a real leader who can keep that idiot Prez in line.
1 minute ago
Likes -1

PsychicBubble
Glacia is my mother too! Go fluff sister! Go cuddle mother!
5 minutes ago
Likes 30

GamerPenguin841
Ugh, who cares about the politics, when’s Glacia going against the Prez in Auram Arena Fighters 8 again? I wanna see ‘em try the new DLC characters, that Memphis guy seems really cool!
3 minutes ago
Likes 3
Last edited by Dyste on Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embassy Program

Legokiller
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Legokiller » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:04 pm

OOC: Collab with Dyste

Congressional Hall of Silverdale,
Snowy Light

The hallways of the congressional buildings were lively and filled with many greetings, statemnes, and the occasional reporter. That was until they arrived at the refuge of a classical Silverdalean room to escape the noise. On a glance from the doric pillars and the patches of flowery bushes, the height appeared to expand upwards far more than what appeared from the outside by magical means. As one of the represented members of the committee was a bubblegum haired giantess. While the wall papered was represented by a light green, the rest of the room was modest with rows of metal chairs for the audience, and a round sprouse desk. There were about sixteen seated members in total. Some recognizable like Crystalstar and Banner, to a pink penguin lady that Snow saved years prior to her reveal to the public eye.

Princess Snow seemed to ease up her otherwise statue-ish position. As to get a feel of the room and its eyes, cameras, and artworks. The only worry beyond the series of questions is what would be brought up and her previous actions ages ago. Hopefully this burden won’t weigh down Talva.

Talva meanwhile was able to sit at her full height of fifteen feet; having been accepted as an important figure in the frost giant tribes, she wished to show her own support as part of them. She was a little nervous herself, but seeing her fellow giantess she gave a little smile as she sat down beside her wife, breathing out as she looked over the committee.

The giantess spoke up. “Senator Crimson Rose from the lands of sky speaking. As the lead of the Special Committee formed to address our splendid event of a potential throne restoration, we’ve gathered to speak with the candidates…” Ms Rose then picked up a small paper. “And heir Princess Snow and Talva Loveheart! Please ladies, please introduce yourselves and what brought us to this moment in time!” She winked.

Princess Snow nodded. “I am indeed Princess Snow, the daughter of Queen Aurora herself. An oracle of winter and the guardian of Antarctica for many generations. I have done much for this land, even when I retreated from the eye of the public and its history, and have completed what appeared to be the impossible of the defeat of Garyx from not only her physical presence, but down to her spirit. It has come to that moment… That my duties as a protector are no longer necessary, but to lay to rest any doubts and finally care for my fellow Silverdaleans. If so, the people allow me to do so, alongside my chosen love and paired queen.” She gestured to Talva.

Talva bowed her head, “As you say, I am Talva Loveheart, scion of the noble house of Loveheart, servants of the royal family for most of the existence of the queendom. I myself am the High Priestess of Avala, and indeed, I have recently taken on a role as my lady’s sister role, so that I may aid her in handling the tasks of handling the winter season.” She was relieved that the season was over, though; she had greatly overworked herself during that time protecting and healing the land, to the point she herself had fallen ill. Fortunately, she had recovered from that, for the sake of herself and her future children. “I wish to aid the people of Silverdale however I can in my duties, and to support my wife in her endeavors.”

“Oh that sounds wonderful! Two fine ladies, with great ancestry, found themselves in loved! Oh sweet.” Ms Rose smiled. “That said: we’ve heard of your connection with Glacia quite well, and we have a few questions on that. First: is it true that Glacia Invernos is your mother Talva?”

“Second.” Crystalstar spoke up. “How well influential is Glacia in your family, alongside the potential status as a foreseeable member with a title? As we’re aware, she is a knight to Princess Snow.”

“Indeed, Glacia Invernos is my mother, as she has recently confirmed,” Talva said firmly. “In fact, I plan to add her family name onto my own, and become Talva Loveheart-Invernos. We had only recently had a chance to reunite, but the time we have had as mother and daughter has made me realize how much influence she really had on who I am. And as for her role in my family, well, she has no status within the Lovehearts beyond being a former apprentice, but I do intend to at least honor her with being a Queen Mother. And I presume you know the recent status and her new role within our land? In her new position, she is sworn to offer protection to the royal line and also the President.”

“I have appointed Glacia as my knight. That is true. Yet as my wife has said, she’as developed beyond a simple knight but a guardian for both our line, the elected president, and the nation as a whole.” Princess Snow said.

The Pink Penguin then spoke up. “Representative Quartz speaking. Well… I do find it fantastic that she does that, and I believe that maybe both will have such treatment. That being said… There is one question that is lingering in my mind: why did you two disappear for so long? I know there were duties, but is there anything else behind it?”

Talva’s slight smile faded as she sighed. “I admit, I went under self-imposed exile during the Civil War because… I didn’t trust myself at the time. The stress, all the pain and suffering, I couldn’t stand it then. I was still very young and inexperienced at the time, and my training under Avala’s teachings was not complete. I went to Corneria to hone my healing abilities, and before I knew it, decades had gone by. Were it not for some lovely people, I might have forgotten my duties to protect this land, and when war had come to Silverdale again, I would not stand by and let people suffer any longer. I have dedicated all my time since I have returned to heal the people and the land with Lady Avala’s guidance, and I wish to offer those same to everyone here as their queen if they accept us.”

“My disappearance was part of the transformation I’ve received from an awakening with the winter, and the increase of monsters of Garyx at the time.” Princess Snow sighed. “It was… an increase of isolation and I was soon cut off from the outside world. All to attempt and stop the first Winter War. Yet afterwards.. Decades passed and I was anxious that I lost touch with the people. Yet I couldn’t stand that anymore as people were endangered, and such nature was terrible. So I reach out to the heroes you know today.”

Banner simply nodded as he clapped his hooves together. “It is quite honorable regardless that you’ve left seclusion to help the nation in need! That said: I am curious what vision you see and how you intend to work with the state of democracy?”

“Well… I admit that politics are not my strong suit,” Talva had to admit, she never really focused on the management side of her noble house in the past and had no political experience, “But I still see an important role for government. I have no desire to be an absolute monarch; we should work with all of you to make a greater Silverdale. As for my visions, well, I do not have as many of those as my wife,” the giantess joked, “But I wish to see a Silverdale healed from the effects of the recent events, to rebuild and come back stronger and more united than ever.”

“The concerns about the future and one’s place can bring unbalance. Yet I don’t see a requirement for the old ways how Aurora did as the age long passed it… Only harmony for both our leaderships to be together and healed.” Snow stated.

Quartz then spoke up. “Well, I doubt it’d be that radical of a change! Although, there is one fear that may be true. There is the whole talk of deities and well, rumors that you are a part of it. Even if you don’t make demands… How would I say, well a true divine per say or just a populist cult leader?”

“Well, as I mentioned before, I have taken a role with Lady Avala to share the role as the Maiden of Winter,” Talva said; she knew that this would have to be addressed. “Which I suppose means I, too, might be viewed as a deity. Rest assured, though, I would make no demands to worship me, nor to view my words as queen as a divine decree. My role in the divine is to ensure a peaceful and safe winter for Silverdale, and I intend to use my role as queen to offer my service to the people and to the land all year.”

“I am one who wishes to heal and build harmony as queen. I feel it is far more important than being divine, and it is far more important for that to be the case.” Princess Snow said.

“Harmony and safe winter… Is that all you wish to achieve?” Crystalstar asked. “You’ve other visions in mind?”

“Oh, well, I admit this is a little self-serving,” Talva blushed, “But for my own part, I’m hoping to improve relations between the different species of this land. As I bear the blood of demons, and have been accepted into giantkind, I have seen lifestyles many have not, and I wish to bring us all together, make sure all people have rights and a good standard of living. Indeed, part of why I wish to share a role as queen with my wife is to give recognition to groups such as these.”

“And I wish to aid my wife in such matters, alongside building our friendships to be strong.” Snow said.
Talva gave Snow a soft smile, “After the ravages of war, this is a time for all the people of Silverdale to come together.”

“That’s quite commendable.” Rose spoke up. All the while Crystalstar seemed silent for a moment. “That said: how far do you intend to follow the royal traditions? Aurora left quite a legacy.”

“My mother was quite wonderful, if loose and wild.” Princess Snow admitted. “Yet I wish for myself and Talva to follow what is best for our family, and establish new ways. That way we passed onto the next generation without any worry of a calamity.”

Talva nodded, “There are parts of the ways of Aurora that we intend to keep intact, and others we wish to change. Those are all matters that we will work with you all on, so we can be queens for this new era, and ensure future stability.”

“Will you represent those ideas as well to the international stage?” Quartz asked.

“Of course,” Talva replied, “As queens, we also shall represent the people to our allies and other nations. I know many of them have already given their opinion on us, and I wish to thank those that approve of our bid for the throne; once things have settled down, perhaps we will have a chance to visit some of them on behalf of Silverdale.”

Princess Snow nodded in agreement. “Indeed. I believe it’d be our responsibility as well.”

“Great!” Quartz then paused as she check her phone and looked at the phone and back at the two. “Well this should conclude our session for the time being! That said: there is one matter I believe you must attend. A small trial.”

“A trial?” Princess Snow raised an eyebrow.

“Yes. Apparently, it seems one special person wants to see you on the other side in relationship with heaven. Again I’ve checked but it’s quite true!” Quartz said.

“R-really?” Talva gasped. “Who?”

The door slightly opened for a white rabbit woman to peek in. “Well, it is the session for life to bloom.” Quartz said.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Mon May 02, 2022 1:25 pm

Cori had managed to get a bit of time free, slightly to his own surprise given how frantic his job currently was, and had immediately known what to do with it, leaving the city. It wasn’t that he wasn’t concerned with Talva; protecting her was more than just a job for him, after all, but she wasn’t the only person he needed to be concerned with at the moment. He knocked on the small cabin’s door, switching his weight between his feet in an effort to keep the chill out of them as he waited for the owner, hoping they were indeed home today, or this had been a lot of wasted free time.

It wasn’t long before a little peck from the door’s eyehole got an onlooker before it opened! Cori found himself in front of the tall dragon elf woman with bob black hair in a loose maid looking t-shirt that covered her ample chest. “Oh! Master Wyrmheart! I didn't expect you to visit me.” She then bowed. “Then again, today is my own day of rest!”

Cori gave a slightly confused smile. "Come on, Mishera, you know I hate it when you call me that," he replied. "I was given today off, too, so I thought I had better make time for you. Can I come in?"

Mishera chuckled. “Then casual huh? I know that men love to be called masters.” She teased. “Alright Cori, you’re free to come right in.” She then led Cori inside her one story home. It was rather a simple dragon theme cabin with a cozy lounge and a kitchen nearby. Nothing short of a warm dreamhouse with a large plasma tv, and a hot tub at the porch. The dragone elf paused as she gave Cori both a warm look, yet a hint of anxiousness. The first time she ever displayed that before!

Cori couldn't hold back a laugh at her comments as he entered, giving her a hug. "Well, I can't pretend you're wrong," he replied, taking a moment to survey her, tilting his head slightly as he took in her expression. "Mishera, are you alright? I don't think I've ever seen you with that expression?"

“Oh?” Mishera paused for a moment. She then returned the hug. “Well… I was reminiscing on our last meeting. You recall what happened that day?”

Cori blushed a little, loosening the hug. "Oh, I definitely remember. I hope it's a good memory for you too?"

“Oh yes. After I visited with you and saw lil Saya, I grabbed you for a period of rest from all the noise in Shana’s home! A little casual walk at the beach, some drinks, and some rest for the night.” Mishera chirped.

"Well, lots of drinks in the end," Cori replied with a small laugh. "... Mishera, did I do something wrong that night? I know, I was gone really fast after, I promise it wasn't too run away, work called-"

“Outside of a fantastic night, well you left a gift for me.” Mishera then blushed. “Well, to be honest, I didn't think it was possible but… Well I’m pregnant.” She then paused to study his reaction.

"Uh… pregnant?" Cori replied, blinking, as he moved over to a chair slowly. "I… I swear we used protection?... oh, fuck, I probably fucked up the spell," he groaned. "But it's OK! I… give me a second, let me think of a plan."

“Cori…” Mishera sighed a little. “No no… Listen, this is my first one. Ever. Grandma teased me about it, but… I’m not angry. Just rather embarrassed you know. The other ladies in the family took it with excellence and some are masters of it.”

"That's why- wait. First child?" Cori raised his head to her. "With me?... well, uh, that actually makes me kind of proud," he admitted, standing again. "Alright, well, I… I trust you a lot, so I'm about to tell you a really big secret. Please don't tell anyone, not even your clan, ok? At least not yet?"

“Why of course! I myself keep a number of secrets that only my masters will know.” Mishera replied.

"Mishera… our child is going to have siblings," Cori sighed. "Maybe even royal siblings. But I want to be there for all of them, and for you, too! I don't want to be like my parents, so… ugh. I don't know what to do."

“R-Royal siblings?” Mishera was taken aback. “Hold up, you’re pulling my tail right? Actual siblings…”

"I… might be the father of the children Talva is pregnant with, too?" Cori grimaced a little. "But we can't tell anyone, it would iceberg their chances, and I don't want that. But… but if they succeed, I can recommend you for a job in the palace! That way I can keep you and our daughter close, and… would you even want to?"

“You’re serious aren’t you?” Mishera was shocked to hear the news and wasn’t sure if it was true! However, she couldn’t deny the fact as he was quite sincere about it. “A whole job for Snow and Talva? Alongside the children? Y-You’re quite a lucky man you know. I haven’t expected anything beyond what seemed to be another love interest.”

"I admit, I wasn't sure how serious we are," Cori nodded. "But… no, I've decided. I'm finally in a position where I can look after the people I care for, care about, and you were one of those even before I found out about our child. If you want, I'll do everything in my power to make sure we can raise them together."

“Sounds adorable… I’ll admit, even if Talva doesn’t become queen, I can crash over and mention the idea to here. That said: sure Cori. Don’t overwork yourself on it.” Mishera said.

Cori hugged Mishera again, giving her a kiss as well. "I came over today just to spend time with you, but this feels right. I'll try to be reliable for you, so give me a little time, and I'll get this sorted so we'll be together. I… hm. Tell me if I'm ever being a bad dad, alright? I don't have a lot to pull from…"

Mishera returned the kiss. “A bad dad? You have not started the journey to fatherhood yet.” Mishera then huffled. “Same with me! But I imagine we can both live and learn together. There is enough tips from Shana to learn how she and her husbands handle their children.”

"Well, I meant, in the future?" Cori replied. "You're right, of course. I'm sure that we can figure it out and raise a fantastic person… I… thank you, Mishy. I'll make sure you're happy as much as I can. I promise."

“W-Why thank you Cori.” Mishera embraced the man. “You know… I do hope you have a good movie for us to watch! Unless there is something else in mind.”

“To be honest, I didn’t prepare much,” Cori blushed a bit. “I was thinking of maybe going out, but it’s colder than I expected. Uh, I do have the highest tier account on BoldFlix, though, we could just cozy up on the couch, if you wanted?”

“BoldFlix? You know what’s special about it?” Mishera wink. “A new Sailor Chione film! This one has the introduction of her new form, Brasa, and their fight with both monsters and more! Two partners, with an uncensored version for the true Chione experience.”

Cori chuckled, scooping up Mishera and heading for the couch. “Alright, come on, we’ll watch that and cuddle, then. You sure do love your Sailor Chione, don’t you?”

“Favorite heroine out there! Sure, she can be a couch potato like Marron, but can kick a ton of ass!” Mishera winked.

“Well right now my favorite couch potato is going to be you,” Cori said, setting her down on a couch and cuddling in, yawning slightly. “Don’t mind me…”

Mishera didn’t seem to mind! As she returned the cuddle as she began to play the movie! “Daww, alright honey.”

Legokiller
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Legokiller » Fri May 06, 2022 8:20 am

Outside the Congressional Hall

“In the age of gods, heroes, and wonders it is easy to overlook the regular people.” Spoke up to a blue-haired elf woman with purple eyes. “I, Ice Glimmer, blessed to become a little Glacian Elf per se that speaks for Silverline, came over to the streets where many assembled to show their support.”

She then walked over to the street that led to the Congressional Hall to meet one of the unfortunate and naysayer group of ‘NO SNOW’ people in dark hoodies and clothing. One led by a jacked gray-brownish stallion with spiky hair. The pony snorted as the elf gleefully approached him with a microphone.

“Excuse me, sure, but do you have the time to speak with my audience?” Ice asked.

“Sure miss. The name is Shadow Duststone.” Shadow said.

“Great!” Ice then took a glimpse at the sign and then snapped her finger. “Shadow, what brought you here to the streets?”

“I came here to tell you what it is! People suck up all the hype and not realize why Snow is a cowardly dog.” Shadow then snorted.

“Cowardly? Why do you call a heroine such a thing?” Ice asked.

“Hero? Where was she when the nation needed her the most? Snow vanished when Aurora disappeared and left a bunch of fascist bastards to come to take over and cause a bloodbath. Now she rides the tail of an overly emotional elf goddess and her goofy friends to become queen. Not something Silverdale ever needs.” Shadow said. “No monarchy. Only the voice of the people.”

“Yet that very emotional elf goddess is a part of the people too.” Ice remarked. “It’s quite disrespectful for two people who came out and saved the day. It’s quite inspirational”

“Disrespect? Pff. I'll just tell it what it is. Now get lost.” Shadow said.

Ice gave one smile as she left the anarchist group for another place. All to pretend nothing happened with the unpopular speech of a crazed cynic. She then went over to what appeared to be a set of twin dancers. One red-haired fiery one, and another dark blue of the water. Ice waved to intercept the pair who was about to do their show.

“Hi, Ice from Silverline! Maybe I have a moment with you two?”

“Sure!” The two said.

Ice noticed the sign nearby for ‘support snow’ and another for’ for democracy!’ signs on the ground with a can for donation. “I can see you two are split. Care to explain?

“Why sure!” The red-haired lady said. “Well my name is Sarika, and I’ll say that from my experience it’d be better to represent what an actual free society is like and improve on it. We’re unique as we don’t have these old hat people who are unable to change their ways at a point and make our systems somewhat less important. After all, the whole Rintyari state has an empress who hates her parliament. The Parliament itself hates itself. Plus the people hate each other both. Not to mention as one of the oldest or so in Mystria, a stupid bad apple president and a period of unrest won’t stop a better generation of politicians to kick in in a few years. We have to believe it and try!”

“Hey!” The blue dancer spoke up. “Nakedra here! I’ll say that unlike my ‘sister’, I feel that having Princess Snow and Talva back would make us unique! They’re heroines and far more compassionate than, say, Empress Kaimara. I’ve gotten to know her and her supporters up close, and I decided ‘hey they can do it.’ Plus our democracy can still exist under the two’s wings.”

“Such strong disagreements.” Ice commented. “So, whoever wins the debate, would you support it and hug things out?”

“Eh? I’ll be disappointed and would leave for an actual democratic state and-” Sarika was then cut off by Nakedra, who pulled her ears.

“Hey! Don’t overreact like a cliche leaver loser. Let’s hug out!” Nakedra then embraced the now annoyed fire head.

“Now that’s the Silverdalean spirit right there!” Ice said.

“Eeyup! Now we better show our support the best way we can: dancing!” Nakedra said.

“I wish you all good luck! Thank you for speaking with us.” Ice said.

Ice then went towards the last person she found curious enough at the plaza to speak towards a young human woman with bob pink hair and glasses. She held a sign of ‘trust the system’ as she spoke with other people. “Oh hello there! Ice from Silverline! Care to speak?”

The human girl nodded. “Why of course. My name is Mash Shieldheart by the way. It’s quite exciting to be on the news.” She gave a dorky smile.

“Great!” Ice said. “So what’s your opinion on the whole thing? Care to explain your message as well?”

“Ultimately, we the people have elected our representatives and our will shall be enacted by the means of the law to determine if we truly need a restoration of the monarchy.” Mash explained. “I’ve seen people cry out for far more radical change since the exposure of Cynthia for far more direct rulership of a monarchy, to even a whole Fornt style of justice. However, both systems aren’t the spirit of Silverdale that we made our laws to serve. There should be room for mercy and flexibility than execution. Alongside not giving up liberties for an authoritarian rule that even the princess desires not to. So a middle ground is needed.”

“A middle ground? What would that be?” Ice asked.

“Well, there should be an elected official leader and a princess. That way the people can have a voice, while there can be a queen on the throne.” Mash explained.

“Curious! Well, both the princess and the president are quite popular so that could be possible.” Ice said.

“Yes.” Mash nodded. “Exactly! So why not both?”

“Aye. Now thank you for your time Mash!” Ice said.

“No problem, blessed child of Glacia.” Mash winked.

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Wed May 11, 2022 9:25 am

(OoC: Collab with Legokiller)

” A challenge of true leadership is not by right, but by enduring the storm. If both the President and Queens are worthy to pass, then all will balance out. That is my gauntlet.” - Dahlia

The hallway crowded with the congressmen as the Goddess of Spring announced the trial that’d no doubt sway the tide. It was a strange statement! Made worse with Miranda came up to the rabbit deity and said, “bring it on! We’ll do that!” All in the middle of the scene!

“How ridiculous! It should be an easy win.” Banner scoffed. “Instead some high heavens want to meddle our affairs.”

“What?” Potato asked. “I mean it is proving merits right?”

“Merits?! No it should be a bloodline or a merit skill test. Although throwing one in the frying pan?” Banner shook his head. “This is why I prefer the rabbit to stick out of our noises.”

“Well, I’ll say that it’d be a real challenge than a few monsters.” Crystalstar smirked. “Our president had faced an icy doomsday, so she'd be able to do so.”

“Nah, sounds too cryptic!” Rose the giantess spoke up. “And I doubt it’d be a gameshow like in the Greater Pony Herd.”

“Well, I doubt it'd be a super gameshow.” Quartz said.

There was a rabbit hole in the marble floor that was protected by security guards that led to a green and blue-ish crystal cavern. A ‘waiting room’ after the lunch break for all parties to get involved in the event. The Rabbit Goddess, one in a professional business suit and skirt that was obviously too fit for her ample chest and body, hopped over to the two groups. “So, I hope you’re ready for the bit of fun that awaits! Right Glacia?”

The blue-haired elven woman wore a variant on her old knights’ uniform, with a small waistcoat and skirt alongside a fluffy coat, “Right, bunbun!”

“M-mom?” Talva blinked. “You’re part of this, too?”

“Of course!” Glacia giggled, offering the prospective queens and current president hugs, “I couldn’t miss out on an event like this!”

President Miranda embraced Glacia with a hug! “Well, it beats the usual talks with a number of party members.” She chuckled.

Princess Snow gave a small hug. “Thanks my dear knight.” She then paused. “So what sort of test shall this be?”

“Well my darling elf and I will set up a trial to determine your leadership under a great calamity. One with the care of these figures.” She showed an elven one and rabbitfolk tiny diamond statues. “They must be grown into full size. “Of course, this little care is no easy task as you’ll be on an island with a number of people as well. Both nature, people, and care feed into these statues. I know Glacia and I have our little challenges ready. Right?”

“Naturally,” Glacia winked, “After all, Silverdale has had to endure many hardships to get to where it is today, and we wanna make sure you’re up for the task! Don’t think I’m gonna make it too easy on you!”

“Too easy? That’s fair, but… Would we be able to call in assistance?” Princess Snow asked.

“Yeah? Like a buddy?” Miranda asked.

“Sure, but it’d be limited.” Dahlia winked. “A few heroes, folks, and even beings beyond can be called. But they’d have to accept such aid first!”

“Oh really?” Talva considered that. “Well, we have lots of people we can all call upon for this, right?”

“Anyone you can find that’ll be willing!” Glacia replied. “It’s part of leading, to be able to use your resources to serve the people well. Even Queen Aurora didn’t lead alone, after all.”

“That is true. My mother needed my help, alongside others in her fellow druids and people able to achieve much of her work. So no queen rules alone.” Princess Snow said.

“True, but how willing would the people be to accept this situation?” Miranda asked.

“You’ll see,'' Dahlia said.

“Alrighty, so if you have anyone in mind, you can consider that,” Glacia said, “When you’re ready, we can begin!”

“U-um,” Talva said, “Snow, dear, do you have anyone in mind?”

“A few, but I wish to see the challenge first.” Snow replied.

“Great! Let’s start with the queens. It’d be quite fun!” Dahlia said.

“Okiedokies!” Glacia giggled, “C’mon, let’s do this then!”

“Okay…” Talva gulped. “You ready, dear?”

“Ready.” Princess Snow nodded.

“Okay! Have fun!” Dahlia tossed the bunny statue for the pair! All as a rabbit hole opened under their feet, and allowed a free fall into the abyss!

The two queens found themselves in an icy small castle of their dreams. All with the miniature statue in the middle of a groove at the courtyard. A cold tundra island that the storm battered, and with a little town nearby! All seemed to be strange and quiet, until the moans of what sounded as the undead were at the gates. Atop it all off, there was a strange tiefling blue man surrounded by sacred rabbitfolk and elves who are ready to sacrifice the guy into the horde of zombies!.

“Owww…” Talva brushed off her robes, before looking up, gasping, “Oh no… Snow, we cannot let them do that! Such senseless sacrifice, and it will not stop the undead.”

Princess Snow nodded. “Then let us make haste.”

Snow quickly took flight to arrive at the site where the dozen panic survivors ready the tiefling off the wall.

“Oh Talva! Today marks the repentance of your sins.” The rabbit ‘cleric’ spoke up. “From the theft of medicine, you shall perish for all of us.”

“What? I needed that to save my baby!” The male protested.

Talva had used a spell to take an angelic form, “Wait… did they just use my name there…?” Talva shook her head. “Even so, I cannot allow this! Such sacrifices will not bring you salvation!”

Princess Snow nodded as she landed. “This is not the way to handle the undead. Please stay calm and listen to us.”

“W-What?!” The rabbit cleric began to stumble. “B-But he’s a thief! We have little to stop the undead and someone needs to be punished m-my ladies.”

“If you are willing to listen and work with us, we shall repel the undead. Rest assured, we can determine what needs to be done here later,” Talva seemed sympathetic to the tiefling, “But the undead shall not be satisfied with a sacrifice.”

“Eh-? But what are we supposed to do?” The rabbitfolk cleric asked.

“First, no life shall be sacrificed.” Princess Snow said. “Second, allow us to secure the castle from the undead itself. Stand back and… we shall.” The survivors began to move back with the tiefling made his way to the crowd.

Talva nodded as she summoned walls of ice from the ground, giving the castle further layers of reinforcements, blocking off any weak points in the defenses she saw. “That should help with the defenses, but they are likely going to be relentless in their assault. We will likely need to destroy them all if we wish for this to stop.”

The ice walls shoved back the horde and froze over those caught in the blast zone. The survivors, shocked by the display of magic, quickly looked over to the group. “I…I… thank you!” The rabbitfolk cleric bowed. “Um… how are we going to do that? The whole undead swarm the island and pockets of survivors are around here. Plus the armory is locked away.”

“Well,” Talva had to consider this, “We can try to rescue the survivors with our abilities; if we can coordinate the locations, we can get to them. As for the armory, locked away how? Like a literal lock, with a key?”

“A hard lock with the key missing.” The cleric explained.

“Pff that’s an easy lock. Let me handle it.” The tiefling thief said.

“No, I don't trust this man! He’s going to clean the whole place dry.” The cleric said.

“I say we should trust him, Talva.” Snow said. “ Although we might have to… well I advise his service done for us would clear his name.”

Talva placed her hand on the tiefling’s shoulder, “If you wish to absolve yourself of your crimes, you shall help us access the armory and help to arm the people. The only way we shall all make it through this danger is if we all work together. Nobody, no matter how strong or skilled, can do such a task alone.”

The rabbitfolk paused deepy and thought for a second. All before she nodded. “W-why of course. Go Gilburt, do your work!”

“You got it!” The tiefling smiled as he rushed over to the armory. The armory itself, even if they check it, has both literal bars and a complex keypad with a handprint. The tiefling seemingly used his own magic to morph his hand to fit as the right size, and lockpick away.

“Well our medicine supports are low, and there is a whole room filled with both infected and wounded. There is also the fact that the whole computer and communication tower needs to be repaired as well.” The Glacian looking Elf spoke up.

“But… Is there even a tech wizard nearby?” The rabbit man spoke up.

“Oh, I’m not that good at this sort of thing,” Talva gulped, “... but I know who is!” she placed some runes on the floor, “Sister, come forth to aid us in our hour of need!”

“I shall come, my sister.” A flash of light came as an arctic elf-like woman with pink flowing hair appeared. She was close to the shape as her mother Glacia in figure, but serene and calm despite being in a zombie ridden world. “What must I do at this time?”

Talva smiled, “Hello, sister. I hope you have been well- ahem! This town’s computer system is down, and you are the best computer expert I know. Snow and I can help with the healing of the townspeople, but… I admittedly am not very tech-savvy.”

“True. You and Snow slept through the advent of computer development.” Bubble witted.

“It’s nothing I have not required.” Snow blushed. “However… perhaps the computer might provide some information and communication we’d need.”

“I see. Then allow me to give a quick explanation.” Bubble said.

“Yes, thank you,” Talva nodded. “Hm, Snow, since we are asking for assistance, perhaps we should get some of our knights to help in the defense as well?”

Princess Snow seemed hesitant for a second. “Perhaps one of our best ones? I doubt the game would allow us to summon a group.”

“Right, that would seem unfair,” Talva said. “Have anyone in mind?”

“Well this whole place is filled with zombies, so someone who could handle them would be preferable. I know Alvis had a moment that he chewed down on a horde once.” Snow said. “But do you have any other ideas?

At this time, the tiefling continued his way to unlock the armory while Bubble went her way to work on the computer itself.

“Right, I think that will work nicely,” Talva smiled, “Bring him forth and we can get him to work on that!”

Princess Snow pressed her hooves on the rune and began to call out the man’s name. “Oh great knight of old. Remember your vows and not despair. Come to us at the hour of our need.”

The rainbow-armored elven knight arrived, pushing back his reddish-brown hair, “Hm? Oh, Your Highnesses… right, is this that thing Glacia said she was working on, then? I told her I would be available if you needed me, so I guess you did?”

“Yes. Well we need some aid in deposing the undead horde. Are you able to do so with your dragon abilities?” Snow asked.

“So long as I don’t have to eat them,” Alvis shuddered, nevertheless holding his dragonstone and transforming into a large red dragon, “I’ll keep ‘em at bay while you handle whatever you need to!” He said as he spread his wings and took flight, blasting away undead with his fire breath.

“That should give us enough time to arm everyone and work on healing the wounded,” Talva sighed in relief.

In the next passing ‘day’, or what it felt as such, Alvis was able to fly across the island and incinerate any hordes of zombies he encountered. The winds were high as the flames began to burn across the island while the castle was spared from it. The people inside were felt and armed as the thief broke into the armory. As well as progress made on the computer, now functional, as Bubble worked on the communication tower itself.

As gusts of dust pass, whispers of a task for each are presented.

”Hiya, Snow!” Glacia’s chipper tone was heard in the alicorn’s ear, ”So I’ve got one for you today; seems that someone’s gonna try and assassinate you to make the people feel despair after putting their trust in you! Make sure to find a way to protect yourself!”

“Assassination?” Princess Snow gasped. She wasn’t sure which one of the survivors would be of help. Even with her magic and ice armor, any true assassin would be prepared with the best flame weaponry and other dangerous abilities. “Um… Maybe Alvis could help!” She then tried to find the dragon knight.

Alvis had turned back into his elven form, been cleaning off his armor from scorch marks, as he looked up, “Oh, Your Highness… is something the matter?”

“I have foreseen a dangerous threat that approaches us. An assassin per say.” Snow said. “I, um… do need your talent to help protect me from this potential threat.”

“Of course,” Alvis said, frowning, “It’s the duty of a knight to protect their liege, after all. So you don’t have any hints on who the assailant might be?”

“What I understand is that it’d happen today.” Snow stated.

“Right, but that doesn’t give us any clues on the identity,” Alvis groaned. “Now, listen, you can’t be sure if they’re disguised as a townsfolk, or they are hiding elsewhere waiting to strike. Frankly, the role of protecting you here falls on me. In that case, what do you suppose your own role is?”

“I know there isn’t anything else I am aware of… Although what I would do is try to use my divination and keep the people calm from this threat. I’ll try to see if my magic can help identify them. If not, then I could be the lure for them and you can stand guard.” Snow said.

“Hm, that would be useful,” Alvis said. “... except acting as the lure. I expressly forbid it, Your Highness. Losing you would be far too much for your subjects to bear. That said, the two most important things to do are to make sure you are not too reckless, but also to not let them make you or the people panic. Do you know how many threats your mother had to deal with? She never buckled under pressure, nor allowed them to make the people fear it.”

“Plentiful of threats…” Princess Snow paused as she began to consider an alternative. Normally she’d work to handle herself in the cold wilderness. But even then, she did reach out for help to face a group who aimed to attack her with a band of monsters. “But what do you propose Sir Alvis for the course of action?”

“Well,” Alvis considered this. “Do you have any way of making a decoy target for the assassination in order to draw them out, like a body double?”

“There is an ice statue I can create that appears as myself. Or summon an ice elemental that could be in the form of myself.” Snow replied.

“That should work, then,” Alvis said. “We can confuse them and try and target the fake you, and then try and take them on once they reveal themselves!”

“Sounds like a good plan.” Princess Snow said. “Now let’s use one of the divination rooms as the site of the decoy.”

“Understood, Your Highness!” Alvis took Snow to nearby one of the rooms in question. “A good strategy, since you are well-known for your usage of these. Let’s set the bait now then…”

Princess Snow nodded as her horn burst with arctic energy, and blasted a beam of frost at the floor. In a matter of minutes, she spent much time creating and shaping an entire icy pony shape into the figure of herself. One lost in a state of mediation and focused on the paths of the future. Her magic chiseled out any imperfections to make it as life-like as it could be!

“There we go.” Princess Snow smiled.

“Not bad at all,” Alvis smirked, “Of course, you already look like an ice statue, so it works well. Alright, then, find a way to conceal yourself,” Alvis stood by the door. “When they strike, we’ll be ready.”

Princess Snow nodded as she used her magic to transform into an icy elven woman, and sought out a white mage outfit to wear. “Does this work by any chance Alvis?”

“Looks good,” Alvis nodded, “Now act inconspicuous…”

After a few hours, it seemed that nobody was about to come; a few people walked by, but none were willing to disturb the fake princess as she meditated. Then, a hooded figure teleported by Alvis’s protection and struck at the model with a flaming sword, causing it to melt instantly!

Princess Snow quickly acted as she gestured for Alvis to make his move! All the while she uses her ice magic to try and entrap the hooded figure!

The princess’s icy magic encircled the figure, but they used their sword to melt a portion of it! Alvis swiped with his sword, causing the cloak to be torn off, revealing a purple-skinned drow, much like those with the blood of Amasal, wearing a black outfit with a mask over their mouth, “So, you think you can trick me? I will finish my mission now!” She dashed towards the alicorn with a burst of speed.

Princess Snow quickly raised her hands to cast a blast blue-white freezing beam right at the assassin! “Quick Alvis!”

As the drow slowed down, Alvis struck at them with his blade, cutting them down! … only for them to rise up, taking off their mask, “Heehee, not a bad trick, Snow!” The drow winked; if it wasn’t for the purple skin and white hair, they’d be a dead ringer for Glacia.

“G-Glacia?” Snow blushed up. “W-Why did you?”

“... because this is a test?” Glacia giggled. “I figured maybe I should play the role of the assassin for the sake of this! What did you think of my performance?”

“Ah, I knew the way you used that sword looked familiar,” Alvis smiled, “Should’ve figured it out sooner.”

“Oh, it was unique.” Snow let out a chuckle.

Glacia gave Snow a hug, “Most importantly, you did it in a fashion that did not endanger others. That’s quite good! I may still be a lil’biased, but you’ve got my approval for being the queen at least!”

“That’s great!” Snow smiled. “I do hope that Talva receives a similar approval.”

“We’ll see about that,” Glacia said. “We’ll have to have a lil’talk later about what me and my lil’group’s role is with you if you both succeed, but I’m sure Talva will do well!”

As for Talva, a voice rang in her ears. “Oh no! There is trouble afoot! A tiefling who is said to be one who is better than a queen and rally survivors! Or one who is too enraged? You should check it out!” Dahlia’s voice said.

“R-really?” Talva gulped; she knew she had to get better at dealing with people; spending almost eighty years in isolation did not help her abilities to understand them well. Nevertheless, if there was a problem, she would look into it herself.

As Talva gulped, Bubble strolled the hallway and noticed her goat sister. “Talva? Is everything alright?”

“Oh…” Talva looked over, “W-well… it appears that a tiefling is causing some trouble around here. I do not wish for people to think we are all like that, so I am investigating the situation…”

“A tiefling? Hmm, I may have noticed a few camps nearby the communication towers. Perhaps the tiefling might have set camp around such a location.” Bubble said.

“Right, then we should check it out,” the goatwoman frowned. “We cannot be divided right now, we need unity in order to save this town, sister.”

The two traveled across the charred landscape to arrive at a small walled settlement. From a glance from a loose wall, they can see the tiefling appeared to be a gray human lady with black rabbit ears! Bubble gasped as she noticed her and the group of penguins and bunny people of at least ten gathered around.

“Is that Cynthia?” Bubble asked.

“How?” Talva frowned, “I thought she died during the war- oh, right, this is a scenario the gods made for us. We should listen and hear what sort of things she’s trying to tell them about…”

“Evil!” Cynthia proclaimed to her followers. “The two queens are pure evil! They have a dragon that burns away anyone who disagrees with them.”

Talva sighed, “Of course… Bubble, we’ve got to nip this in the bud before people get the wrong idea about Snow and I.”

“Right.” Bubble nodded. “A clarification is required.”

Talva made her way to the front, “Excuse me…” she spoke in her most calm, serene voice, even if she was annoyed currently, “May I come in and speak?”

The gates of the town slowly opened as Cynthia turned her attention to the two. “Speaking of the devil, the demon herself approaches!” The group of survivors gasped as they looked at Talva.

Talva closed her eyes as she felt a wave of irritation within her; she had tried so hard all her life to dispel the notion that she was some sort of evil demon. “Well now… I suppose you might think that of me? I must ask, though, why do you wish to sow such disharmony among our people?”

“Disharmony? I am simply trying to protect the people with a real leader who won’t burn people away.” Cynthia proclaimed.

“What do you mean?” Talva frowned. “Are you talking about Alvis? He is a loyal and chivalrous dragon knight who protects people.”

“Dragon knight who protects people hm? Well what if he decides to burn someone he or you don't like?” Cynthia said.

Bubble narrowed her eyes as she looked at Talva. “I think she is running out of arguments, but will try to get a negative outburst from you.”

“He would not do that,” Talva said, refusing to be shaken by this argument. “Rest assured, if one of my knights did do something reprehensible, we would investigate the matter and hold them accountable for their actions, but Alvis is a long-standing hero of the realm. Did you not all see as he defended this land against the undead horde?”

“Yeah, he did!” One of the survivor penguins spoke up. “I remember shaking in fear until he burned a whole pack of undead outside!”

Cynthia huffed in annoyance. “True but… how would we know you won’t become full evil from your demon side?”

Talva sighed, knowing this question would come up; if she was fully honest with herself, she wasn’t sure she was completely sure of the answer, but she knew what had worked so far. “I have dedicated myself to a life of helping and healing others, and that is what I wish to continue doing as your queen. However, nobody rules alone; I will be counting on all of you to help me make sure I remain doing the right thing for the people. By supporting each other, we can make this land prosper, and make sure we do not stray from our path.”

“T-True, but what would you give me? One who is part-demon as well?” Cynthia asked.

Talva gave a small smile as she offered a hand as well, “Why not join us in helping this land, then? People should not fear us simply because of the blood within, and we should not be defined by it either. We make our future ourselves, and we can find acceptance and belonging among the people.”

“F-Fine! I’ll take my chance.” Cynthia said. “I hope you know what you’re doing.”

“Excellent,” Talva chuckled. “Now, let’s all return to town, shall we?” She looked at Bubble, “... how was that, sister? I don’t know if I fully understand how to be a queen, but I understand how to help others at least…”

“It is the first step to understand and cooperate with people. Even if they’re rather skeptical to outright demeaning.” Bubble closed her eyes and let out a sigh. “There’d be others who would be interested in schemes and ploys to try to get a meager level of power for a small amount of time.”

“O-oh…” Talva nodded. “Yes, I understand. It is something Snow and I will have to watch out for. But I know we won’t be alone in this, either; we have several people we can rely on. Like you, I hope?”

“You can call upon me if necessary of course.” Bubble said.

“... thank you, sister,” Talva gave her a hug. “Let’s go see how Snow’s handling things, shall we?”

Cynthia the rabbit tiefling hopped forward and transformed into the white rabbit goddess herself! “Heheh! Well a bit harsh from my side, but I believe this trial has come to a close! You did well in this little game so far!”

“OH!” Talva gasped; she had been totally fooled by Dahlia’s guise, “Lady Dahlia, that was you all along, then? … right, I suppose you needed to see our actions personally. I hope Snow and I are living up to your and Mom’s expectations.”

“Oh in this whole zombie island, eeyup! There is the whole potential to be good queens! Which isn’t too surprising per say for a small scale!” Dahlia then boops Talva’s nose. “Now, I suppose you’re ready for the next step? I know that Glacia might finish her test on Miranda soon enough.”

“Oh, right, Miranda is being tested too, isn’t she?” Talva had almost forgotten about that. “... but yes, I am at least, provided Snow is as well of course.”

“Oh Snow is ready as well!” Dahlia then opened up a rabbit hole. “So are you ready to move on?”

“That’s right, I am,” Talva nodded, “Let’s see just what you have in store for us…”
Embassy Program

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Fri May 13, 2022 5:45 pm

(OoC: Collab with LK)

A trial for the president

As Talva and Snow were handling their own issues, Glacia had gotten a chance to see Miranda, “Hiya!” She offered a hug. “So, Madame Prez, you up for your own trial?”

Miranda jumped out to embrace Glacia. “Ready!” She then added. “So whatche have in mind for me sweetie?”

“Well,” Glacia said, “You know that if you succeed alongside Snow and Talva what’ll likely happen, right? You’ll likely become the new Prime Minister of Silverdale. Some other nations like Dyste have that, of course. So lemme ask you, what sort of role does that entail, do you think?”

“Is there any difference?” Miranda asked. “An elected leadership position that is outside the fame is a whole nerve-wracking affair while already trying to maintain a positive image. So a promise to make history and democracy over critical eyes and aggressive people is far more difficult as it is already. Besides, life will become twice as magical if there is a monarchy of magi-goddesses. But don’t quote me on that, my cuddle goddess.”

“Heehee, true, Snow and Talva are quite the nice pair of queens,” Glacia winked, “... but you always must remember to represent the people.” she booped Miranda on the nose, as the president felt a change upon her, her hair becoming longer and blue, and her ears pointed. “There, you’re ready for this now.”

“We’re all gamers in a sense.” Miranda then gasped. “Oh wow! This again?” She giggled. “So, what do you have in mind?”

“You enjoyed it the last time I did it, ‘sis’,” the elven goddess giggled, “So I thought I’d treat you again! Anyways…” she snapped her finger, and Miranda found herself in a fortress city surrounded by wounded soldiers; looking out the window, they could see a fort on the other side, “These two nations have been at war for a decade now, the casualties rising. Can you find a way to resolve this conflict? … I dunno, you tell me! See ya!” She waved as she vanished.

“Huh?!” Miranda was about to react to her goddess before she vanished! “Great…” She shook her head as she turned to look at the group. “Can anyone explain what is the situation here?”

One of the soldiers looked up, “Oh, Lady Candice! We’ve just lost the most recent battle against the forces of Queen Yuki, but Her Majesty has insisted that we keep fighting on! We’ll be wiped out at this rate…”

“Queen Yuki? Her Majesty?” Miranda asked.

“Hm?” The soldier seemed confused, “Lady Candice, are you alright? Our city is ruled by Queen Emilia, while Queen Yuki rules the one we have been at war with for the last five years. Apparently there’s been some sort of dispute between the two queens and they’ve plunged our nations into neverending battle. I’m not sure either side wants to continue, but they’ve been just unwilling to come to an understanding. You’re one of Her Majesty’s top advisors, can you do anything?”

“Why of course! I believe it is time to strike a peace deal to end this war.” Miranda nodded. “Now, I better see Her Majesty now.”

Miranda was escorted to the throne room, where a blond dragon elf sat by a throne, barking orders at a few troops, before slouching on the throne, “Oh, Candice. Did you follow my instructions and inform Captain Landrossa to mobilize?”

“Oh, I have taken care of that part.” Miranda bluffed. “That being said: I believe it is time to reconsider our course of action, your majesty. It’s been five years and there is little ground gain despite our efforts. I believe it is time to open negotiations with Queen Yuki.”

“... what?” Emilia’s eyes narrowed. “I don’t want to talk with that stupid fox, I want to crush her forces and take her city for myself! What’s wrong with you today?!”

“Oh nothing.” ‘Candice’ winked. “In fact: I have a little scheme. Our poor soldiers are quite worn down from the past years, and we need to redraw new plans to be successful. So how about a period of rest for us to recover before we swing at it again?”

“Hmm…” Emilia thought to herself, “Good point! I think it’ll be good to make it so we don’t lose everything to that loser fox and her troops. But what should we do if she ends up attacking us?”

“Oh a quick non-aggression pact, and a quick reminder to silly foxy that her forces are exhausted as well. Alongside a small quick to response force ready as well.” ‘Candice’ said.

“Huh, you’re not as dumb as you look,” Emilia smirked, seemingly having a bit of an annoyance at something about ‘Candice’s’ appearance. “Go ahead, then, write it up already!”

“Right right! I’ll handle the talks with foxy as well.” ‘Candice’ winked. Of course she went ahead to go out to sign up an agreement draft just for the Yuki like person.

As the supposed Glacian Elf went to her office to do so, she met with one of the pages, who lifted her hat to reveal a certain snuggly elf, “Heehee, seems you managed to work around Emi’s ego in order to make the right decision. Those skills will help you in your role as Prime Minister.”

“Heya Glacia!” Miranda spoke up. “Well it has already proven itself to be worthwhile. That being said, I reckon Yuki is a bit more harsher right?”

“Well, you’ve met the cuddlefox before,” Glacia winked. “She’ll be a tough one to crack, but I’m sure you can do it. Make this peace happen and I’ll give you my passing grade.”

“Right. From what I know, Yuki is a smart mage herself. So she can be reasoned with logically! OR so on!”

“Well, remember that this is meant to be a lil’ trial, so we’ll see,” Glacia giggled. “Anyways, when you’re ready, I’ll take you there?” she offered a hand.

Candice finished up the last of the document and then took Glacia’s hand. “Ready!”

With a quick warp, the duo appeared in the throne room of the opposing fortified city! Sitting on the throne was the blue foxkin with long white hair, a frown on her face, “So, you are the emissary of that selfish elven queen, are you? Why have you come here?”

“Why yes! I, Candice, came here on behalf of Queen Emilia to negotiate a truce between our people.” Miranda said.

“... and why should I agree, hm?” Yuki huffed. “I am winning this conflict, with only a few more pushes I’ll crush that elf’s forces.”

“On the edge of victory? Well, you know this whole song and dance goes well. Once my lady’s reinforcements arrive then we shall return back to square one. Once that happens: how long until your army has enough of this destructive war until they’re unwilling to fight.” Miranda said.

“Hm,” Yuki growled a bit, “I admit, it has been quite taxing on my subjects… but I can’t stand that arrogant elf and her smug attitude about everything! Are you saying that I should put aside such concerns for the sake of my people?”

“It’d be most logical in this case.” Miranda answered. “To drain more resources and manpower would be ill-advised at this rate.”

Yuki considered this for a while, before grinning, “Yes… I can have that silly elf make she think she won, but I’ll know that I ended up making the true change that’ll have saved our people!”

Glacia sighed, shaking her head, “Seems both of them are a bit delusional about who really solved the problem, but no matter, right? What’s important is that they agreed to stop the conflict.”

“Indeed.” Miranda whispered back to Glacia. “Hopefully, time eases all pain. That or they just have a big makeout session.”

“Regardless,” Glacia waved her hand and they were back in the office, “That means you finished my test. Did you learn anything from it?”

“Hmm… Well as a prime minister of sorts, I’ll have to step in if the royals become far too up their rear and unable to care for their people. But that’s surface level! I imagine the lesson here is to represent the people and their wishes in the end right?” Miranda said.

“Very good,” Glacia giggled, “Rest assured, if Snow or Talva end up abusing their power, I’ll make sure to give them a piece of my mind too! But in that case, I can give you a passing grade. Just… don’t tell Emi or Yuki I used them as the models for the two queens here.”

“I’ll keep this our little secret.” Miranda then raised a pinkie. “Pinkie swear.”

Glacia did the pinkie swear with Miranda, booping her lightly so she turned back into her regular self, “Alrighty, then! That’s all I have for you at the moment, so just relax; if anyone else wants to test you they can, but I’m done for now. Catch you in the next gaming stream session!”

“Cya Glacia! I hope the next one is an RTS!” Miranda winked.
Embassy Program

Legokiller
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Legokiller » Wed May 18, 2022 3:16 pm

OOC: Collab with Dyste and Malgrave
A trial for all

As the trio returned from their trials, they were faced with one final doorway in the underground crystal cavern. One that is pristine of precious white stone, as new as a whole. Dahlia herself chuckled as she turned to the three. “There is one more task ahead for you three. However, there is a little twist. First, you’ll need assistance from two: the heroic mage blessed by the ancestors, and one from your people.”

The first one was the shrunken giantess who made a wave at the group. “Senator Crimson Rose here! I hope this one will be fun. Hopefully not too immature like one from the Greater Pony Herd.’

Talva bowed her head, “I will be happy to work alongside my fellow giantess, even if we are currently… resized.”

Glacia meanwhile appeared beside Dahlia, “Well, Snow, Talva, Miranda, I think you know the other one quite well…”

Rosario bowed to the trio before offering Glacia a quick hug, “It is an expected honour to be here, although, I shall certainly do my best to aid this trial process,”

“Why thanks Rosies.” Miranda teased. “I imagine this is the hard level given we need a whole five man team.”

“I see…” Princess Snow nodded. “I am glad you’ve come to assist us, Rosario.”

Glacia returned the hug to Rosario, “Well, it seems you’ll have two Rosies assisting you three, heehee! But still, good luck to you all in completing our last challenge.”

Rosario chuckled a bit at Glacia’s comments, “I’ll promise not to collapse any buildings with my summons this time,” the neko joked before her expression turned more serious, “What manner of challenge are we facing today? It would be good to know what challenges we’ll be facing as my fellows say, spero optimum, consilium ad pessim or hope for the best, plan for the worst,”

“Plan for the worst?” Dahlia gave a curious eye straight at Rosario. “Then you’d love this challenge. One of the failing of poor Aurora was the heirs and a little bias for alicorns. Your children in this situation squabble for the seat of the throne and threaten a civil war, while her parents plan a retirement. You can create the reason, but you must decide from which one should be the next heir in line.”

“The heir?” Talva blushed, feeling her own stomach; she was close to being a mother herself, and had not yet considered such a thing before.

“Right,” Glacia seemed a bit more stern than usual, “We don’t need another civil war to break out because of our queen’s disappearance and the inability to choose a proper successor. However, it’s not for me to say who to choose; it’s your duty as monarchs to decide that for yourself!”

“Malgrave knows the pain and hardship that is associated with a civil war, such deep wounds are still felt by society today,” Rosario said, a frown present on her face as she remembered the trouble that her hometown had went through after many years of street fighting, “In such dreadful circumstances it is key to be able to cut through divisions and come to a solution that delivers peace and security for the Silverdalean people, a rather heavy task but one I believe that you’ll rise to meet,”

Snow nodded as she understood the need to avoid a civil war. Such a tragedy must not happen again. However there was something unsettling about it as she spoke up.“Um… How unruly would the heirs be for this test?” Snow asked.

“Well, you’ll have to see!” Dahlia chuckled as the door opened for what appeared to be a grand palace.

“No spoilers and we have to go in blind.” Miranda sighed.

“Well, good luck to you all,” Glacia giggled, “I’ll be cheering for you! And just remember, this is just a test, so the heirs aren’t necessarily what they’ll be in reality!”

Talva took a deep breath, “Well, then… let’s do this, everyone,” as she walked into the palace.

“Just have faith in your own abilities and your love for the people and you’ll do fine during this trial,” Rosario told the group, a look of determination on her face as she walked into the palace.

On the other side of the door was the Seasonal Palace itself. A grand hallway where many architectural wonders, pillars, stones, and even ever careful tended plants lay. Yet the splendor is something easily missed as banners of ‘Icy is best!’, ‘Snowy is better’, and ‘Loria is supreme!’ All plastered across the hallway, with a few occessional ‘Koza is best goat’, while Soey gets the least amount of attention.

“Oh dear… Did my children become more competitive?” Snow asked.

“Um…” Miranda checked the nearby doorway, which was barricaded with furtitune and sandbags. “Probably became a whole on edge to battle sort of deal?”

“U-um…” Talva was confused. “Are they fighting over something? … and how did they know I was going to name my children Koza and Soey?”

“I have never encountered a royal battle for succession before in Malgrave but it appears that this one has the potential to turn quite violent if the barricades are any indication,” Rosario said, the neko quite confused by the situation, “I am curious as to how this dispute started? In my experience arguments over successions usually start years before the outbreak of any major arguments so it may be worth gaining some intelligence on the current situation,” the neko added searching around for any clues

“That’s true, but this is quite a-” Rose paused as she noticed one of the doors opened and noticed a pink haired arctic elf maid from the far end of the hallway. “Ah! We can ask her!”

“Oh my…” Talva made her way towards the maid, “Oh, hello there! Can you tell us what is going on here? Why are the children arguing like this?”

“L-Lady Talva?” The elf jumped. “Oh my, I thought you disappeared forever in your retirement in the icy world! Um… Well…” Rosario can tell that this elf, Flocon, seemed more nervous at first. “Well you and Snow picked Snowy as the heir before you left, but Icy soon after declared she was unfit to rule. Something about being too lost in her books and disconnected to the people. Or what I’ll say: jealousy. So she went off to try to get into the throne, and soon Loria, Koza, and Soey followed suit. Now the whole palace has turned into a debate arena where one must prevail over all others.”

“Retirement? I guess that makes sense, although, I suspect that you would return if your family were in such a nasty dispute,” Rosario said, “Jealousy is quite dangerous when left to fester, especially when it concerns power.” the neko said with a frown, “Has anyone attempted to have Snowy and Icy talk to each other about their concerns?

“Soey and I tried to negotiate their concerns, but they’re too stubborn like a mule! What made matters worse is that Loria and Koza tried to jump in to be the more ‘reasonable’ ones.” Flocon huffed.

“Hm, I suppose it would be good to figure out what they claim they represent as the heirs,” Talva said. “We want to make sure we choose the right person for the role, after all.”

Princess Snow frowned a little. “I am not certain it’d be as simple as the right person. Perhaps they’re talented in their own ways.”

“I can try to call all five.” Flocon then shivered. “But I know the smart Snowy will try to say Icy is too stupid, while Icy is so charming around people but is a little hesitate at times.”

“It often takes someone with a fresh perspective to settle a dispute, as those inside tend to lose perspective,” Rosario said, a look of confidence on her face, “If we can get all sides to gently air their grievances then perhaps we can find a solution that works for all? I suspect that underneath everything they’ve got love for each other,”

“I would hope so,” Talva said, “I don’t like seeing our children fight like this… I don’t know how Koza and Soey will turn out, but hopefully they’ll be able to get along with Icy and Snowy in reality.”

“I have every confidence that they’ll be able to do so, this is a simulation after all and not aligned with reality as that wouldn’t provide much of a challenge,” Rosario said, “I must admit that this little experience did make me think of my own future children but that is certainly a tale for another day,”

“Oh, I doubt it’d be a cake walk.” Miranda then mused. “They could be as wild as ever.”

“Well, I can bring them to the throne room to meet you all.” Flocon said. “I’ll inform them their mothers returned.”

“Thank you, Flocon,” Talva bowed her head.

“That would be appreciated, Flocon,” Rosario said with a slight bow

The group was led by Flocon into the throne room itself. An overgrown icy chamber with the throne in a crystalline icy state. “Well Rosario… Given how the throne room appears, I believe it is the harsher side of the year. Or at least the spirit of the nature of the palace itself.” Snow explained.

“Yeah. The Seasonal Throne is alive.” Rose said. “Crafted by powerful druids to remind people of the state of nature, and the spirit of the land. Which…”

A blue haired elf was tossed aside on the floor as the five heirs approached. The larger one, one what appeared to be Talva but tougher, seemed to look satisfied from her elf bully stunt, as the smaller goat male frowned in shame. They came from the left side, as from the right were two snow white alicorns. One larger and massive in bulk with wavy blue mane, while the other one was smaller in stature and her mane was blue and white like an iceberg. In the middle what appeared to be a form of Glacia, but far younger and immature as she gasped in excitement.

“Hi aunt Talva! Hi Mama Snow! I’m glad you came to crown me, Loria, as queen.” Loria proclaimed.

Snowy hissed at Loria. “Must you presume that our mothers will pass my rightful crown away to you? How foolish.”

“Please, I imagine my mother’s return will straighten out this problem. Right towards me.” Koza pointed to her chest.

“No!” Icy stomped her foot. “You’re all wrong. It’s me who’d get it. Unlike the rest of you, I cared for Soey that you all bully.”
“W-Why thanks big sister.” Soey shivered. “But… Let’s hear them out alright? No need to act like babies in front of them.”

Talva frowned at seeing Koza’s shameful display, “Koza, please behave yourself, that is no way to act around people.” Was this what her daughter was going to turn out like? She needed to talk with Cori about making sure this did not happen. “Now everyone, settle down… we’re here to discuss this matter with all of you.”

“Yeah! You’re rather unpleasant and barbaric-” Icy was then cut off as Snow's eyes narrowed.

“ENOUGH!” Snow snapped. “COME HERE AND SIT DOWN!”

The five heirs approached the group. As if ashamed and annoyed at each other that led them to this point.

“It is certainly no way for siblings to behave,” Rosario said, shaking her head at the rather disappointing display, “Bullying? Threats? Insults? I know for certain that Snow and Talva didn’t raise you to show such disrespect and disharmony towards each other, such antics are wholly unbecoming of a representative of the people. Just what do you hope to achieve by acting towards each other in this way?”

Talva folded her arms, “And to think, we trusted that you would all support each other. Perhaps we were too hasty in allowing you to take the reins of rulership at this point.”

“B-But mother.” Koza spoke up. “I just thought I could do it better than the little…. You know, Snowy. It’s not fair that she got the role, while I have to smile pretty to the camera for eternity.”

“Well, I attempted to rein the family in, but they became a handful.” Snowy sighed.

“How did you attempt this exactly?” Rosario asked, “It would have been a sensitive time for many, so a delicate approach was perhaps needed,”

“After our parents left, I told Icy my plan for the future. One where arcane wonders under my hoof will go. However, Icy was rather impolite and unable to recognize that I was selected.” Snowy said.

“Excuse me?” Icy spoke up. “With all those plans, you shivered away when one speck of trouble came over, and went off to scheme. My soothing voice would make that little mage listen to us, and we’d be on said path.”

“While trying to be like Snow and Aurora?” Loria retorted. “Oh you’re going to try too hard.”

“Did you not consider sharing the burdens of leadership?” Rosario asked, “Snow and Talva covered for each other's weaknesses with their cooperative leadership method, so why have you not considered this? Leading Silverdale isn’t about accomplishing some personal goal or securing power but it is about working for the betterment of all Silverdaleans. I believe Talva and Snow would know more about this but it’s surely time to stop this madness before some seriously gets hurt,”

“Right,” Talva said, her eye twitching a bit, “There is a reason we used the dual queens system. It allowed us to work as equals to help the people of Silverdale. In the end, though… it’s not about the title, but what you can do in such a role. Any true queen of Silverdale would realize that.”

“Yes, and there needs to be cooperation and to fill up such weaknesses.” Snow spoke up. “

“That sounds good and all, but there has to be two queens right?” Miranda said. “Who are we going to pick for the job?”

“I mean, we don’t have to necessarily have two, that’s just what we are doing,” Talva said. “But I think the best solution would be to have two heirs that complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses.”

Rosario nodded in agreement, “A key part of leadership is also knowing when to delegate and listen to the wisdom of others, so I think that the next heirs should be able to call upon a council of trusted advisors that can call upon their own skills and experience to assist the monarchs and serve the people,” the neko said, “Personally I have found much enjoyment from this position in the past and it typically doesn’t have the same stress associated with being the leader so its pretty much a win-win.”

“Win-Win? As in listening to old farts who think they know better.” Koza shook her head. “A leader should be more direct and know what to do. That’s how I’ll do it.”

“Dictatorships and the need for control is futile.” Rose said. “You’ll just end up fighting and have a yes-man advisor. So that being said, let’s rule out Koza.”

“H-Hey!” Koza found herself stunned by the comment from the giantess.

“Um… I see my daughters being capable as they are, but I am concerned that they’d continue to butt-heads.” Snow said.

“Hm, well, I think they would be capable of working together if their roles were tempered by each other. Soey… my main issue here is I worry with the wrong people around him, he would be just pushed around by his advisors,” Talva said, looking apologetic.

“I agree that we can safely rule out Koza from contention,” Rosario said, quite disappointed in her brash attitude, “I also share your concerns about Soey, Talva. I do think that they’d be able to serve quite well in an advisor role themselves though, especially, if they are able to work with someone on building up their confidence,”

“W-What? I’m that weak willed.” Soey ears flopped down.

“It is a sign of strength to be able to admit your weaknesses, Soey,” Rosario said in an attempt to reassure the child, “I myself was able to greatly improve my diplomatic skills after some self-reflection and with the aid of my friends. I imagine that you’ll be to have a similar positive journey to improve your will,”

“Then we’ve a difficult choice from the three.” Snow paused for a second. “I can see Loria having the skills needed, but… Hmm, what do you think Talva? It feels rather hard to choose Snowy over another.”

“I believe Icy does have the charisma and presence needed to be a strong leader, but she needs to be tempered with someone who can aid in her idealism and make her not as stressed,” Talva said.

“Perhaps Loria can state her case in her own words? I would be interested in knowing what skills she has to serve as Queen,” Rosario said

“Me?” Loria then spoke up. “Well for one, I am quite the smart cookie of an elf and blessed by my mother Glacia herself. Need someone to show affection and love as a proper queen to her subjects? That’s me. One who is knowledgeable and always capable of learning? That’s me. “

“Well, that certainly sounds like a fine queen,” Talva said, “... though the important thing is, are you capable of making the tough decisions? Not everything can be solved with hugs, much as Mom wishes that was the case.”

“Um… Why yes!” Loria sweated a little. “I’ll be able to solve it… like when… Ahem, well I would’ve solved this mess but Koza worsened it.”

“Hey! You just jumped in and refused to give up your claim.” Koza said.

“How exactly?” Rosario asked, turning the pressure on to test Loria out, “Just what would you have done differently to avoid this mess?”

“I’d avoid the whole situation by giving titles to my siblings, and send them somewhere else. Like the south pole.” Loria winked.

“Come now,” Talva folded her arms, “Titles are one thing, but sending them there? Honestly, you are all beginning to make us wish we didn’t retire at all at this rate…”

Snow facehoofed. “Unbelievable.” She then looked at the group. “So, you think the original two of my daughters could handle it?”

“Isn’t sending them to the south pole akin to some form of exile? It seems that Loria doesn’t have the maturity required for leadership at the moment,” Rosario said, a frown appearing as she had to disapprove of one of Glacia’s children, “In that case I do think that narrows it down to the original two, a diplomat and a nerd? It seems that they’d balance each other out but they do need to settle their differences and learn to work together for the betterment of Silverdale,”

“No no there is some land. I mean-” Loria flailed her arms.

“Nope, it is close to exile besides running a research station.” Miranda winked.

“So that settles it right?” Rose spoke up.

“I believe so,” Talva said. “Snowy Gale, you are to share the role with Icy Winter. Koza, Soey, Loria, support your sisters and work together for the betterment of Silverdale. And if you do not work together, so help Avala,” Talva’s eyes glowed as a gale of snowy wind surrounded her, “I will have no choice but to get out of retirement. Do I make myself clear?”

“W-Why of course. “ Snowy nervously bowed. The rest of the children bowed as well.

“Um… Are you alright my dear?” Snow spoke up as she patted Talva. “Ahem, I believe it is settled then. Both my daughters will inherit the throne, and the rest will do the best they’re able too.”

Talva breathed out and the gale ended, her eyes returning to normal, “Ahem… my apologies, Snow; might have gotten a little carried away there,” she laughed nervously. “Indeed, that is what I feel is best in this situation.”

“Quite a lot is at stake here so sometimes you’ve got to be a bit firm,” Rosario said, the neko approving of Talva’s handling of the situation, “Just someone remind me not to anger Talva in the future? I don’t fancy going up against a part of nature itself,”

As the situation was handled, the five began to walk away as a hole opened up for both Glacia and Dahlia to hop out! It appeared the children seemed to grumbled away, but ultimately ordered the servants to remove the wartime-ish design in the palace.

“Well, there goes Loria’s chance to become Queen.” Dahlia teased Glacia. “Regardless, you solved what could’ve dissolved into a life and death brawl in the palace. Good job!”

“I didn’t know what to expect but I believe Snow, Miranda and Talva handled themselves admirably and showcased that they’ve got the skills and maturity required to lead Silverdale forwards together,” Rosario said, a small part of the neko still quite confused over the entire experience

“Oh well,” Glacia shrugged. “But hey, this is only a hypothetical on what the kids might be like, so don’t take it as given fact. Might even be other kids entirely even! But good job everyone!”

“Th-thanks, mom…” Talva replied.

“It is quite hard to predict the future with pinpoint accuracy but I think the lessons learned today should prove to be quite important in crisis further down the line, although, I am hopeful that they’ll never happen,” Rosario said, “Perhaps once this is all done you could take a little trip to Pakosc? I know that my parents have been interested in meeting Glacia since she’s gained quite the following in the country since the winter war....even if I know that my father is just going to use it as a chance to show off some of his new recipes,”

“You invite her but not me?” Dahlia tsk. “Anyway, I think we’re good to go with this whole achievement. When everyone is ready, just hop into this hole and return to the real world.”

“Heehee, I’d be happy to,” Glacia winked, “Now, c’mon, you all, let’s get moving!”

“R-right!” Talva took Snow’s side, “Shall we, my dear?”

“Why of course.” Snow said as she took a leap into the hole.

Legokiller
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Legokiller » Thu May 19, 2022 5:54 pm

A week has passed since the initial inquiries by congress, interviews from the press, congressional debates, and games presented by the gods. A swift, if tiresome process, for all to partake that’d reshape the history of the nation as a whole.

Royal Restoration
Written By: Camellia | Source: Silverline News Network| Snowy Light, Silverdale

Silverdale: Spring booms across Silverdale, as the Seasonal Throne became green with life as a historic turn came across the nation. The frozen alicorn and daughter of Aurora, Snow, and the scion of Aqua and Glacia, Talva Loveheart, were deemed qualified candidates under the Seasonal throne Accords. As blessed by the divine themselves (legitimate after a series of trials), they’re staged to become married queens of the United States of Silverdale itself. As natural, they’ve deemed Protectors of the Federation, and guides of the spiritual realm followed by their peers.

What the restoration shall mean for the state of democracy is said to be enshrined by the House Speaker Bell on the matter. “The state of democracy will continue as always as President Miranda will continue her term as a new article will address the state of the union as a whole. As we believe our queens will be bound by the law of the state and must be upheld to continue its function.” It appears as though the President is in full support of this restoration as it’d bring more of a stable peace to the nation as it undergoes reconstruction and a period of mending from two great disasters of the Winter War and the Nuclear Scar.

Public opinion from our census speaks of it positively, as well as curiosity about the new royal dynasty. As rumors say that Talva has a mysterious lover, and Snow and Glacia’s bond grew closer as engaged lovers. Already a spark of gossip on what consorts and a new harem would be, as traditions returned to the land of Snow.

-Camellia of Silverline News Network (Camellia@Derpmail.com)

Copyright 2020Silverline News Network™. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
6/20/Silverdale

RELATED NEWS:
  • Miranda’s secret Lovers?
  • Who is the elf woman Candice? Sister of Glacia
  • Larry: the penguin who spoke out.
  • Polar Bear and Penguin Wrestle Movie!
  • Warrior Trinity: New Guardians of the Throne
  • More...
KEYWORDS:
Silverdale, Princess Snow, author:Camellia

Comment Section

ColdCowgirlz (Glacius, Silverdale) 5 MINUTES AGO +493 ImageImage
Yeah, go Talva, go Snow! The Arctic Knights aren’t really gonna be a direct thing anymore, but I’ll still be working with some of the former members as part of the queens’ staff. Just remember the promise you made to Lady Glacia and we’ll serve you well!

WindIsGreen3 (Valitora, Dyste) 2 MINUTES AGO +7 ImageImage
Between our king’s retirement and the ascension of Princess Tynah to the throne, Queen Eyvel’s abdication, the new Empress of Rohane Alista and now this, it was inevitable that Silverdale, too, went through such a change. I look forward to seeing what this will bring to our nations.

HorseLord99 (Turlia City, Rohane Alista) 1 MINUTE AGO +5 ImageImage
Interested to see how this works for the DSA? I guess everyone being a monarchy at least means we're on the same page?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates